Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #1411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Starting a new food diary and journal. Hope it helps!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #1412
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/315/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-30.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Starting a new food diary and journal. Hope it helps!
Just let me know where I can follow you!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #1413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Just let me know where I can follow you!
Oops! Sorry! This one is at home!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #1414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had a wonderful time watching fireworks from the sailboat last night. I hadn't wanted to go, but it turned out to be a very nice evening. The water was choppy at first and it was cold and windy, but then the wind died down and the water became as smooth as glass. We could see fireworks in over 11 different areas from our spot in the Sound.

Get me cold and tired, and I get hungry! I didn't want to take any food out in the boat because we were leaving so late, but dh talked me into taking something "just in case." So I took two cheese sticks and was glad to have them. But when we got home, I had 3 LC cookies and half a cup of SF hot chocolate and a tablespoon of peanut butter. That was more than I should have had, but not as bad as it could have been. The peanut butter was the first non-program bite I've had all week.

Breakfast was the other half of hot chocolate and 1 carb worth of macadamia nuts. We didn't get to bed until 2 am last night (this morning!) and I slept in until 9:30. The weather is so beautiful and I just didn't feel like wasting a lot of time in the kitchen!

Not sure what lunch will be. Thinking of grilling burgers for dinner.

My new food diary and journal is cute and fun. It inspires me to keep track of everything because I really like using it. The first half of the notebook is for recording all my meals and snacks, and the second half is for journaling. I'm doing it scrapbook-style, for lack of a better description. I made a pocket on the inside cover from the label off a Homestyles chili box. I glued the nutrition label on the first page because I ate chili that day. I have cute labels for the days of the week for each page. The second day has a cute little crab that I cut out using my Cricut machine, because we had crab that day. Yesterday's page is all done in red, white and blue for the 4th of July, and I used a rubber stamp of fireworks in red and blue. I figured this journal has to be fun so I will keep using it and not abandon it like I have so many others.

We found a small boat drifting in the Sound last night and towed it back to the yacht club. My job today is to contact the Coast Guard and find the owner. The yacht club is not going to want it sitting around there!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #1415

I'll have to catch on you later Raini . . . sry . . . hope you have a great day!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #1416

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
We had a wonderful time watching fireworks from the sailboat last night. I hadn't wanted to go, but it turned out to be a very nice evening. The water was choppy at first and it was cold and windy, but then the wind died down and the water became as smooth as glass. We could see fireworks in over 11 different areas from our spot in the Sound.

Get me cold and tired, and I get hungry! I didn't want to take any food out in the boat because we were leaving so late, but dh talked me into taking something "just in case." So I took two cheese sticks and was glad to have them. But when we got home, I had 3 LC cookies and half a cup of SF hot chocolate and a tablespoon of peanut butter. That was more than I should have had, but not as bad as it could have been. The peanut butter was the first non-program bite I've had all week.

Breakfast was the other half of hot chocolate and 1 carb worth of macadamia nuts. We didn't get to bed until 2 am last night (this morning!) and I slept in until 9:30. The weather is so beautiful and I just didn't feel like wasting a lot of time in the kitchen!

Not sure what lunch will be. Thinking of grilling burgers for dinner.

My new food diary and journal is cute and fun. It inspires me to keep track of everything because I really like using it. The first half of the notebook is for recording all my meals and snacks, and the second half is for journaling. I'm doing it scrapbook-style, for lack of a better description. I made a pocket on the inside cover from the label off a Homestyles chili box. I glued the nutrition label on the first page because I ate chili that day. I have cute labels for the days of the week for each page. The second day has a cute little crab that I cut out using my Cricut machine, because we had crab that day. Yesterday's page is all done in red, white and blue for the 4th of July, and I used a rubber stamp of fireworks in red and blue. I figured this journal has to be fun so I will keep using it and not abandon it like I have so many others.

We found a small boat drifting in the Sound last night and towed it back to the yacht club. My job today is to contact the Coast Guard and find the owner. The yacht club is not going to want it sitting around there!
fireworks on the water HAS to be just beautiful .. we walked out my back door and watched them for the city park ...

scrapbook sounds cute hehhe.. love it!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #1417

Your scrapbook nutritional and journaling, er, uh, journal sounds really fun! I just might have to do something creative as well. Won't be as artsy as yours (I don't have a creative bone in my body) but it could be fun. Thanks for posting about this!

You got any pics you can show us of yours?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #1418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Your scrapbook nutritional and journaling, er, uh, journal sounds really fun! I just might have to do something creative as well. Won't be as artsy as yours (I don't have a creative bone in my body) but it could be fun. Thanks for posting about this!

You got any pics you can show us of yours?
I am such a total "un-geek" when it comes to posting pics, but I'll see if dh will take them for me and then I'll ask you how to post them!

I just used one of those boring-looking composition notebooks and glued pretty paper on the front and back, leaving just a little of the black spine showing. On the inside front cover, I made a cardboard pocket out of a Low carb chili box, so I can tuck little notes or whatever in there.

Most of my entries are printed out from the computer because my hand-writing isn't the best and certainly not consistent, but I do make hand-written notes on the pages at the end of the day.

I try to add little stickers or cut-outs or stamped images that somehow tie into what I ate that day or what was happening. The first day that we had crab this year, I used a little orange crab cut-out from my Cricut machine. On the 4th of July, I stamped red and blue fireworks on the bottom of the page. I have a stamp for a little journaling spot that I use for "snack attacks." It has just a few lines on it with just enough room to write down snack items and maybe why I felt I needed a snack.

It doesn't really matter how carefully it is put together because I'm just doing this for me. But it has to be fun so that I stick with it. I like the crinkle-sounds when the pages turn and I like it more as it is getting thicker with moire entries in it.

We're heading over to the Salmon Bake to look at quilts and the photo contest. Dh entered a photo this year and we hope it wins!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #1419

Quote:
I am such a total "un-geek" when it comes to posting pics, but I'll see if dh will take them for me and then I'll ask you how to post them!

I just used one of those boring-looking composition notebooks and glued pretty paper on the front and back, leaving just a little of the black spine showing. On the inside front cover, I made a cardboard pocket out of a Low carb chili box, so I can tuck little notes or whatever in there.

Most of my entries are printed out from the computer because my hand-writing isn't the best and certainly not consistent, but I do make hand-written notes on the pages at the end of the day.

I try to add little stickers or cut-outs or stamped images that somehow tie into what I ate that day or what was happening. The first day that we had crab this year, I used a little orange crab cut-out from my Cricut machine. On the 4th of July, I stamped red and blue fireworks on the bottom of the page. I have a stamp for a little journaling spot that I use for "snack attacks." It has just a few lines on it with just enough room to write down snack items and maybe why I felt I needed a snack.

It doesn't really matter how carefully it is put together because I'm just doing this for me. But it has to be fun so that I stick with it. I like the crinkle-sounds when the pages turn and I like it more as it is getting thicker with moire entries in it.

We're heading over to the Salmon Bake to look at quilts and the photo contest. Dh entered a photo this year and we hope it wins!
I want some.. ..lol have fun
Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #1420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We didn't eat at the salmon bake. Salmon would have been the only thing on the plate I could have, and I'm not paying $17 for a little chunk of salmon!

We went to Famous Dave's on the mainland and I had ribs and broccoli. Now, I could have asked to have my ribs "naked" but I was sharing a plate with dh and knew he wouldn't want his that way. And deep inside, I probably didn't want mine that way either. But other than the sauce and one bite of a muffin, I did very well. I had the broccoli as a side instead of any of the other luscious things I would have liked to have. Now I need to get back on program and not mess up again!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #1421

Quote:
We didn't eat at the salmon bake. Salmon would have been the only thing on the plate I could have, and I'm not paying $17 for a little chunk of salmon!

We went to Famous Dave's on the mainland and I had ribs and broccoli. Now, I could have asked to have my ribs "naked" but I was sharing a plate with dh and knew he wouldn't want his that way. And deep inside, I probably didn't want mine that way either. But other than the sauce and one bite of a muffin, I did very well. I had the broccoli as a side instead of any of the other luscious things I would have liked to have. Now I need to get back on program and not mess up again!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #1422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast- low carb toast layered with one slice pepper cheese and a fried egg. 1/2 cup green decaf tea.
Lunch- 3 oz. roast beef, cream cheese, 2 SF sweet pickles, 5 LC crackers (skinny crisps) 1 slice pepper cheese, 1 LC chocolate chip cookie
Dinner will be (I think) crab salad
Old 07-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #1423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Breakfast- low carb toast layered with one slice pepper cheese and a fried egg. 1/2 cup green decaf tea.
Lunch- 3 oz. roast beef, cream cheese, 2 SF sweet pickles, 5 LC crackers (skinny crisps) 1 slice pepper cheese, 1 LC chocolate chip cookie
Dinner will be (I think) crab salad
Yes sireeee... it was crab salad! Had some macadamia nuts afterward. Notice I've gone to the healthier, lower carb nuts??? And not as often. Yay me!

Dh offered LC ice cream and I said "I dunno" and later came upstairs to work on journals while he ate ice cream. (He can do that. He's not fat!)

Have a dear friend who teaches "Praise Moves" and wants me to come to her classes. I don't think I'm ready to exercise in front of other people. She said she'd loan me some DVDs so I can do it at home. That's more my style. But maybe I need to set a goal and say "When I've lost X number of pounds, I'll join the class." I'll pray about it.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:59 AM   #1424

Quote:
Yes sireeee... it was crab salad! Had some macadamia nuts afterward. Notice I've gone to the healthier, lower carb nuts??? And not as often. Yay me!

Dh offered LC ice cream and I said "I dunno" and later came upstairs to work on journals while he ate ice cream. (He can do that. He's not fat!)

Have a dear friend who teaches "Praise Moves" and wants me to come to her classes. I don't think I'm ready to exercise in front of other people. She said she'd loan me some DVDs so I can do it at home. That's more my style. But maybe I need to set a goal and say "When I've lost X number of pounds, I'll join the class." I'll pray about it.
yay on the nuts..

and that sounds like a good goal.. I was thinking the same thing.. but for Curves.. only to look it up and my town doesn't have it any more ..ugh..

I wanted to go there because its only women.. only other option is the GYM again.. and I don't feel good at the gym.. :/ maybe later but not now..

have a wonderful day!!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #1425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did pretty good right up until the danged Hershey bar. It's not good to get too hungry! Candy bars talk and they all know my name!

Breakfast was a handful of macadamia nuts. Lunch was a green salad with mayo and roast beef. Snack was.... wicked candy bar.

Dinner will be broccoli, salad and teriyaki chicken wings. No matter how they're spelled, we're eating 'em!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #1426

Quote:
Did pretty good right up until the danged Hershey bar. It's not good to get too hungry! Candy bars talk and they all know my name!

Breakfast was a handful of macadamia nuts. Lunch was a green salad with mayo and roast beef. Snack was.... wicked candy bar.

Dinner will be broccoli, salad and teriyaki chicken wings. No matter how they're spelled, we're eating 'em!

you crack me up..

yeah.. they all know my name as well..I actually had some milkyway carmel in my hand at the store.. thinking.. OH I bet these are goood..

then I thought.. what are thinking??
I put them right back down .. now to stay focused!!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #1427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
[/B]
you crack me up..

yeah.. they all know my name as well..I actually had some milkyway carmel in my hand at the store.. thinking.. OH I bet these are goood..

then I thought.. what are thinking??
I put them right back down .. now to stay focused!!
I'm proud of you!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #1428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Quote:
I know it made no sense, but when my sense of taste disapperared, I kept eating... just one more bite, just one more bite... believing that maybe I could actually taste the next bite. Too bad I didn't just eat less... with the realization that I wasn't tasting it anyway, so why eat it?
Just stopping in to say Hi! I was reading your first post and when you posted that you overate with no taste made me immediately think of "Sensa". It's a powder you sprinkle on your food to take away your sense of taste and your suppose to not eat as much because of it. hmmmmm... makes me think it's just another diet gimick. I'll have to catch up on your journal later. Have a nice day!
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #1429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well... I had a very interesting day yesterday. A friend invited me over- a gal I know at church and really like but we've never spent any time together other than at church functions or parties. Anyway, she is like the healthiest person I know. She used to own a gym, she teaches Praise Moves, she BEAT LUNG CANCER with no chemo or radiation (and she never smoked in her life.) When she got cancer, she told the docs "no chemo, no radiation" and asked for three months to do raw juicing before they were going in to do surgery. By the time they did the surgery, they told her the entire tumor had shrunk and been encapsulated and had not spread anywhere. Her body had done exactly what it was supposed to. They said after seeing that, they would not have done chemo or radiation anyway. She is cancer-free and healthier than ever.

Anyway, she fixed me a smoothie that had a lot of healthy things in it. Some of it not low carb, as you can imagine. Like the pineapple and the mango and a little bit of banana. But it also had kale and zucchine (I think) and other fresh veggies from her garden. And it had protein powder and hemp powder in it, too. She talked to me about Hallelujah Acres and the mostly raw-food diet. She told me that there would be no counting carbs or calories.

I know this is a healthy way to eat, but I don't know if I can do it. It is more expensive because of all the organic and raw foods, but a lot less expensive than getting sick and spending time at the doctor's or the hospital. I know it would also take a lot of research and organization, plus a lot more will power than I've ever had in the past.

I am seeking God's will for this. I want to be open to what He wants to do with my life. Yes, I lost a lot of weight on Atkins about 7 years ago, but gained it all back and have not been able to lose any significant weight in the last six years. When my friend asked "Does Atkins work for you?" I had to answer, "Yes... when I do." But I keep messing up and doing Atkins takes 100% commitment. When I mess up on Atkins, I gain weight faster than any other way.

I don't have confidence in me. But I have confidence in God. Just praying for guidance and answers...
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #1430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
Just stopping in to say Hi! I was reading your first post and when you posted that you overate with no taste made me immediately think of "Sensa". It's a powder you sprinkle on your food to take away your sense of taste and your suppose to not eat as much because of it. hmmmmm... makes me think it's just another diet gimick. I'll have to catch up on your journal later. Have a nice day!
I read some of the stuff about Sensa... I think you can just enter "Sensa reviews" in your search engine. A lot of people said it was a waste of money and they wished they hadn't tried it. But I guess that, like every other program out there, it has it's successes and failures.

I have a big order of low carb products on the way from Netrition. LOL Just in time for me as I'm thinking about changing programs.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Quote:
I read some of the stuff about Sensa... I think you can just enter "Sensa reviews" in your search engine. A lot of people said it was a waste of money and they wished they hadn't tried it. But I guess that, like every other program out there, it has it's successes and failures.

I have a big order of low carb products on the way from Netrition. LOL Just in time for me as I'm thinking about changing programs.
I saw that. I've always been intrigued with the raw food diet. The only thing for me is that I'm not that creative in the kitchen (vegitarian failure many times) and I don't like raw veggies. So I don't know if I'd be able to stick with it. But I do believe it would be a very healthy woe.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #1432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
I saw that. I've always been intrigued with the raw food diet. The only thing for me is that I'm not that creative in the kitchen (vegitarian failure many times) and I don't like raw veggies. So I don't know if I'd be able to stick with it. But I do believe it would be a very healthy woe.
My friend told me about some of the recipes she uses. Yummy! She uses a Spiralizer to cut zucchini into skinny spirals and then uses a marinara sauce over them. She makes lots of cold soups and smoothies. You should have smelled her house when I got there! It smelled sooooo good from the lunch she had just fixed her hubbie. I KNOW I could do this if she'd do all my cooking for me! I have a lot less confidence in myself.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #1433

YEAH.. I could do almost all diets if someone cooked for me..

is raw.. vegan? cause thats what my best friend son does.. hes ate that way for years... hes all skin and bones.. I don't wanna be skin and bones.. I want a shape..
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #1434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
YEAH.. I could do almost all diets if someone cooked for me..

is raw.. vegan? cause thats what my best friend son does.. hes ate that way for years... hes all skin and bones.. I don't wanna be skin and bones.. I want a shape..
I could only HOPE to be all skin and bones! No, this woman is maybe the most beautiful woman, inside and out, that I've ever known. Godly and gorgeous!

Vegan is no animal products, but I don't know if it has to be raw. Don't think so. Raw foods is raw foods (and I wouldn't eat a raw animal!) The Hallelujah diet is 85% raw foods, I think, and the rest are cooked foods.

My friend said to start with small steps. I am going to start having raw food shakes in the mornings, and low carb everything else for awhile. I can't start yet because I need to buy groceries.

We took the sailboat to the mainland yesterday and went to a Farmer's Market (didn't buy anything, just looked), then to dinner and later to a concert in the park. For dinner, I ordered a turkey sandwich with cheese and yummy avocado, and a side salad. I might have mentioned the food in an earlier post, but I don't think I mentioned that this time I was not jealous of the other meals at the table because I enjoyed mine so much.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #1435

Hmmm . . . i tried raw for about a minute and found that it KILLLLLED my stomach! I just couldn't handle it.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #1436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My friend's daughter brought over banana cream pie- all raw, no sugar. I had a bite of it and it was wonderful. Now I just need to find healthy, raw, LOW CARB foods I can fix and have.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #1437

Quote:
My friend's daughter brought over banana cream pie- all raw, no sugar. I had a bite of it and it was wonderful. Now I just need to find healthy, raw, LOW CARB foods I can fix and have.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #1438

Quote:
banana cream pie- all raw, no sugar.
That sounds sooooo interesting!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #1439

Sooooooo how is this Raw stuff going???

and where are you young lady?? I get D back in here and now you leave me.. waaaaaaaa..

seriously.. I hope all is well..

Miss ya!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #1440