Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Had a really bad day so far, but when I felt like grabbing carby stuff to make me feel better, I opted for tea and two lc cookies instead. (Should only have had one, but considering how angry and frustrated I was feeling, I'm happy it was two instead of 20, and LC instead of carby.)

Started out paying bills, and when I reached someone in India who couldn't speak English well enough to verify the current balance on a credit card, I gave up and tried calling again. I was on Hold for 45 minutes. 45!!! No one ever answered, so I finally called again and finally got it paid.

The I tried to change our auto-pay on one card from VISA to AmEx. I was told by an agent that I had to go online to do this. So I did. Had to sign in and then find my password. I did. Then I signed up for Online chat, typed in the questions I had. I waited nearly 5 minutes for a response which was "I'm sorry. You will need to go to another website for that option." When I went to the other website, something went wrong and my info couldn't be processed. Are you kidding me??? I finally filled out all the forms on the back of the bill and sent the info by mail- which meant a drive to the post office to finish something I had started on the phone and then the computer, an hour earlier!

Then, I've been having problems with my Kindle. I should have known better, but I figured I may as well call tech support and get it worked on. Lonnngggg story short: an hour and a half later, they finally said something was terribly wrong with it, it could not be remedied and I needed to send it back and get a new one. At least this guy was nice, he was patient, and he thoroughly understood my frustration because I think he was frustrated too.

Lots more went wrong with everything I put my hand to today... not going to re-hash it because I'm already stressed. Suffice it to say, 5 and a half hours of my life today seem like were a total waste.

Now I'd like to do something more fun, like work on a project in my studio; but we have a barbecue this afternoon for all the May b-days on the island. I'd rather not go, but I think dh is looking forward to it. I need to figure out what to take.

On the lighter (and happier) side of the news, we had a wonderful Mother's Day. I heard from each of my kids. I packed a picnic lunch which we ate upstairs on the ferry- no better view possible and the loveliest weather you could imagine. When we got to the mainland, we went to a musical, "Happy Days" which was a lot of fun. The fellow that played Fonzi had the voice and mannerisms down to a "t." Richie was very authentic as well. Joanie looked like Joanie but didn't sound like her and the mannerisms didn't remind me of Joanie at all. But she was a great dancer and quite an athlete: she did numerous back-flips and round-offs across the stage, and she did the splits twice. Potsie Webber and Ralph Malph looked and sounded like the originals. I didn't think that either Mr. or Mrs. Cunningham matched up with the originals, but they were still good.

We did some necessary grocery shopping after that, and then had dinner at a restaurant we'd never tried before. It was pretty good and the waitress was a sweet as could be. It was a small family restaurant, and they are usually closed on Sundays, but stayed open just for Mother's Day.

Even the wait for the ride home on the ferry was nice-- the weather was just so gorgeous, with the bluest sky ever and a gentle breeze coming off the Sound. We ended up in the front of the ferry, so we had an unobstructed view of the water, the sailboats, the seagulls and seals.

We made one more stop before we drove home- to offer hugs and condolences to friends who lost their son-in-law at 6pm yesterday. He died suddenly after complications with diabetes. His mother was hoping he wouldn't die until the day after Mother's Day- she'd lost her other son to suicide 30 years ago on Mother's Day. Poor lady.

When we finally got to the house and dh pushed the button for the garage door to open, we noticed something missing in the garage: my car!!! We'd completely forgotten that we'd left it at church in the morning (since dh has to go earlier to church than I do and we take separate cars.) So we had to drive back to get it. We packed up the cats and let them go for the short ride with us, so they forgave us for being gone all day.

All-in-all, one of the best Mother's Days I've ever had...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #1352
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
well.. yaya for your mothers day!... but boo for today..lol..

the Happy daysthing sounds so cool.. I love musicals.. plays.. all that ..... I used to be related to the origanial Fonz.. .. he was the cousin to my uncles wife.. so.. by marrage..lol.. never met him.. bummer..lol.

anywho.. waya to stick to plan even tho you were upset..

have a better tomorrow..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #1353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
well.. yaya for your mothers day!... but boo for today..lol..

the Happy daysthing sounds so cool.. I love musicals.. plays.. all that ..... I used to be related to the origanial Fonz.. .. he was the cousin to my uncles wife.. so.. by marrage..lol.. never met him.. bummer..lol.
I'd rather be a shirt-tail relative to the Fonz than to Tanya Harding... as in "former Olympic ice skater-turned tacky wrestler." She was married to dh's cousin for a very short time. Never met her either, and not disappointed. Kind of sad for her, though. She made a lot of bad choices and messed up her life. A lot of amazing talent gone to waste.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #1354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today HAS to be better, right?

Still not losing any weight. Actually weighed this morning and I'm back up a pound. LITTLE TINY CHEATS spoil big victories! It's just not worth it.

I think I'll put tape over the lids of my jars of nuts. Desperate times call for desperate measures. At least if I decide to eat any nuts, I'll be reminded that they are hampering my efforts, so maybe I won't eat as many. Also planning to drink more water, and hope to keep walking with dh in the mornings.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Today HAS to be better, right?

Still not losing any weight. Actually weighed this morning and I'm back up a pound. LITTLE TINY CHEATS spoil big victories! It's just not worth it.

I think I'll put tape over the lids of my jars of nuts. Desperate times call for desperate measures. At least if I decide to eat any nuts, I'll be reminded that they are hampering my efforts, so maybe I won't eat as many. Also planning to drink more water, and hope to keep walking with dh in the mornings.
you can do it!!!..

ps... remember.. you are what you eat... so.. ask yourself.. are you a NUT..lol
Old 05-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #1356

DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU...

IN THIS BOOK I AM READING...WHEN HE HAS A SNACK AT NIGHT.. AND ITS NOT EVERY NIGHT..HE HAS A HANDFULL AND ONLY A HANDFULL OF NUTS..

ALMONDS..PECANS..OR PEANUTS,,JUST DON'T OVER DO IT,, GET YOUR HANDFULL AND PUT THEM UP ..

OH THIS IS AFTER 2 WEEKS OF CLEAN EATING!!!

ENJOY!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #1357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU...

IN THIS BOOK I AM READING...WHEN HE HAS A SNACK AT NIGHT.. AND ITS NOT EVERY NIGHT..HE HAS A HANDFULL AND ONLY A HANDFULL OF NUTS..

ALMONDS..PECANS..OR PEANUTS,,JUST DON'T OVER DO IT,, GET YOUR HANDFULL AND PUT THEM UP ..

OH THIS IS AFTER 2 WEEKS OF CLEAN EATING!!!

ENJOY!
Got my new Kindle today--- less than 24 hours after they said they would send it! Maybe I can check on that book tomorrow.

See tale of woe below...
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #1358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I started the day out with a walk- longer than planned and bigger hills. Great!

Had a late breakfast of ground flax, protein powder, cinnamon, cream and SF maple syrup and 2 carbs worth of pecans made up as hot cereal. It felt great knowing I was putting good fuel in my body.

Lunch was too small- leftover chicken salad from Mother's Day picnic. Then dinner came too late, and right after I'd gotten an upsetting e-mail re: my birth-father's wife. She is the hospital and in bad shape. I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN!!! Shouldn't there be a rule that you can't lose more than 3 loved ones in a two-month period?

Dh's b-day is Thursday. He doesn't want to go to Oregon, and I don't want to leave him on his birthday. He says he doesn't mind, but I can tell that he does.

I could go on the week-end, but that's when my birth-brother and birth-sister can be with her, so I'd be a lot more useful if I came during the week and could sit with her in the hospital.

So anyway, with all this stress and an empty tummy and waiting for "shrimp on the barbie" I grabbed some nuts. And more nuts. And more and more. I was so stressed and so hungry I just didn't care. Until now.

Even dh was hungry after dinner, and he never is. He got out two different kinds of crackers and I wanted some SO bad. I didn't eat any, which is the only thing I did right.

I better get to bed... I have a lot to do tomorrow whether I'm leaving for Oregon or not.

I WILL try again in the morning...
Old 05-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #1359

Quote:
So I started the day out with a walk- longer than planned and bigger hills. Great!

Had a late breakfast of ground flax, protein powder, cinnamon, cream and SF maple syrup and 2 carbs worth of pecans made up as hot cereal. It felt great knowing I was putting good fuel in my body.

Lunch was too small- leftover chicken salad from Mother's Day picnic. Then dinner came too late, and right after I'd gotten an upsetting e-mail re: my birth-father's wife. She is the hospital and in bad shape. I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN!!! Shouldn't there be a rule that you can't lose more than 3 loved ones in a two-month period?

Dh's b-day is Thursday. He doesn't want to go to Oregon, and I don't want to leave him on his birthday. He says he doesn't mind, but I can tell that he does.

I could go on the week-end, but that's when my birth-brother and birth-sister can be with her, so I'd be a lot more useful if I came during the week and could sit with her in the hospital.

So anyway, with all this stress and an empty tummy and waiting for "shrimp on the barbie" I grabbed some nuts. And more nuts. And more and more. I was so stressed and so hungry I just didn't care. Until now.

Even dh was hungry after dinner, and he never is. He got out two different kinds of crackers and I wanted some SO bad. I didn't eat any, which is the only thing I did right.

I better get to bed... I have a lot to do tomorrow whether I'm leaving for Oregon or not.

I WILL try again in the morning...
woot woot o the walk ..

sorry about more illness.. gesh woman,,

stay strong,.,, you're being tested... whos gonna win?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #1360

Sooo... how was YOUR day?
Old 05-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #1361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Started the day out with a huge headache- partly from sinus stuff and the rest from lack of sleep. Tried to go back to bed, but SIL called and woke me up.

Had 5 garlic shrimp, fried toast with a fried egg and cheese for breakfast. Lunch was leftover taco soup. Dinner was tossed salad and half of a steak. (Guess what tomorrow's breakfast will be? YEP!)

So.... I think I'll send Lisa a pm about what's going on. Tragic... Have a kitty sitter lined up and everything packed to leave the island in the a.m.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #1362

prayers are with you today..

hang in there toots!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #1363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dh got to spend his b-day driving to Oregon and spending about 11 hours in the hospital with my step-mom and lots of family members.

We had little sleep the first two nights; and last night we both woke up around 3:30 am and then again around 6:30.

My step-mom passed away at 11:11 am this morning. I was on one side of her holding her hand, and my brother and his wife were on her other side holding her other hand.

I believe I have met my quota for losing family members for a LONG time. I hope and pray that God agrees.

I'm very sad and exhausted. We drove home to the island this afternoon and I want to go to bed as soon as possible.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #1364

Quote:
Dh got to spend his b-day driving to Oregon and spending about 11 hours in the hospital with my step-mom and lots of family members.

We had little sleep the first two nights; and last night we both woke up around 3:30 am and then again around 6:30.

My step-mom passed away at 11:11 am this morning. I was on one side of her holding her hand, and my brother and his wife were on her other side holding her other hand.

I believe I have met my quota for losing family members for a LONG time. I hope and pray that God agrees.

I'm very sad and exhausted. We drove home to the island this afternoon and I want to go to bed as soon as possible.
. get some rest sweetie
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #1365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trying to get back on plan AGAIN. I took flax cereal with me and avoided the breakfasts at the motel. I bought lunches from the salad and sandwich bars at the hospital. Dinners were the biggest challenge because dh would over-eat in the a.m. and not want another meal until really late. We kept missing the hospital cafeteria hours at night, and then I'd be hungry enough to eat anything and everything.

Breakfast today was nuts (I'm sorry!) and an Atkins shake. Lunch was bacon, eggs and cheese. I think that my dinner will be a pre-packaged LC chili dinner 'cuz dh still has leftovers from meals we had in Oregon.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #1366

Quote:
Trying to get back on plan AGAIN. I took flax cereal with me and avoided the breakfasts at the motel. I bought lunches from the salad and sandwich bars at the hospital. Dinners were the biggest challenge because dh would over-eat in the a.m. and not want another meal until really late. We kept missing the hospital cafeteria hours at night, and then I'd be hungry enough to eat anything and everything.

Breakfast today was nuts (I'm sorry!) and an Atkins shake. Lunch was bacon, eggs and cheese. I think that my dinner will be a pre-packaged LC chili dinner 'cuz dh still has leftovers from meals we had in Oregon.
a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do..
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #1367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Too stinkin' many nuts today! I guess that ends up being my "go to" snack because it is fast and easy and crunchy--- all the things I'm looking for in a snack. Wish I craved celery on a regular basis.

Yep, I did have the chili for dinner. Was going to have some hot dogs with it, but they'd gone bad while we were out of state. They were not processed and/or cured, so they don't have much of a shelf life. Now dh is watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and it makes me hungry so I came up to my office.

I'm kind of in a precarious state of mind--- kind of hovering between grieving, resting and wanting to catch up on everything around here. Didn't get much of anything done today. I'll try again tomorrow. I need to plan some meals so we'll know if we need to go off-island for grocery shopping before the big holiday week-end. (Ugh.)
Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #1368

Quote:
Too stinkin' many nuts today! I guess that ends up being my "go to" snack because it is fast and easy and crunchy--- all the things I'm looking for in a snack. Wish I craved celery on a regular basis.

Yep, I did have the chili for dinner. Was going to have some hot dogs with it, but they'd gone bad while we were out of state. They were not processed and/or cured, so they don't have much of a shelf life. Now dh is watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and it makes me hungry so I came up to my office.

I'm kind of in a precarious state of mind--- kind of hovering between grieving, resting and wanting to catch up on everything around here. Didn't get much of anything done today. I'll try again tomorrow. I need to plan some meals so we'll know if we need to go off-island for grocery shopping before the big holiday week-end. (Ugh.)
you really need to stop bummin on those nuts.. they are a natural food.. way better for you then the sweets you could be consuming..its all good
Old 05-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #1369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast was...... somethin' else!!! I started out with a friend's recipe for Indian Fry Bread, but then added flax to it to make it healthier. Then I added a pinch of salt and some aluminum-free baking powder to make it a lil puffy and THEN I fried it in a Fry Daddy (which I have never used before, EVER!)

So this is what went in it:

1/2 cup almond flour (are there nuts in that? )
1/4 c. flax meal
1 Tbl Splenda
1/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg (mix it up well before adding to the rest)
heavy cream... maybe a TBL or so.

Heat oil for 9 minutes (or whatever works for you.) Add batter by teaspoonsful. Fry until dark golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.

I dipped some of mine in a lil bit of SF maple syrup, but I also liked them just plain. I might be calling these "Hush Raini's" because they are like hush puppies except they make me quit whining about never getting any doughnuts!

Back later... gotta pay some bills!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #1370

Quote:
Breakfast was...... somethin' else!!! I started out with a friend's recipe for Indian Fry Bread, but then added flax to it to make it healthier. Then I added a pinch of salt and some aluminum-free baking powder to make it a lil puffy and THEN I fried it in a Fry Daddy (which I have never used before, EVER!)

So this is what went in it:

1/2 cup almond flour (are there nuts in that? )
1/4 c. flax meal
1 Tbl Splenda
1/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg (mix it up well before adding to the rest)
heavy cream... maybe a TBL or so.

Heat oil for 9 minutes (or whatever works for you.) Add batter by teaspoonsful. Fry until dark golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.

I dipped some of mine in a lil bit of SF maple syrup, but I also liked them just plain. I might be calling these "Hush Raini's" because they are like hush puppies except they make me quit whining about never getting any doughnuts!

Back later... gotta pay some bills!
TO FUNNY LOL.. MAYBE YOU COULD MELT SOME CREAM CHEESE AND SPLENDA.. SO TASTE LIKE A DOUGHNUT..
Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #1371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lunch was a little lettuce with a slice of Havarti cheese and 2 thin slices of chicken breast lunch meat. Oh, and some Macadamia nuts, which are healthier than the other kinds. And a piece of SF Almond Roca.

I think that dinner will be a hamburger patty with cheese and onions... maybe lettuce and maybe pickles. All out of tomatoes.

CHEWIN' the GUM, Lisa!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #1372

Quote:
Lunch was a little lettuce with a slice of Havarti cheese and 2 thin slices of chicken breast lunch meat. Oh, and some Macadamia nuts, which are healthier than the other kinds. And a piece of SF Almond Roca.

I think that dinner will be a hamburger patty with cheese and onions... maybe lettuce and maybe pickles. All out of tomatoes.

CHEWIN' the GUM, Lisa!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nope, didn't have the pickles. Prolly shouldn't. Ankles are swollen.

Maybe tea this evening and maybe a no-carb cookie.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #1374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The day started out great with bacon and eggs. Then, I was so proud of myself at lunch: had just a lettuce-wrapped burger at Red Robin while dh ate his (bigger) burger, two orders of French Fries and his birthday Sundae. (The Sundae came with two spoons, but I turned down even a tiny taste. Yay me!)

But it went down-hill from there: two snotty teenagers followed me around a store and made fun of me. "Sticks and stones" my foot! It HURT! They didn't really say anything.... just ran up behind me, burst out laughing and then ran away. They did that twice. Funny- they didn't do it again after dh came into the store!

I don't get it-- I was dressed nicely, I was freshly showered and my hair was nice... so they're just making fun of me because I'm fat? I might have said something to their mother (or whoever the woman was with them) but she didn't look very respectable or responsible.

Anywho... after that, I got really depressed. I started focusing on all the sad things in my life... watching my step-mom die, seeing her anguish as she learned she was going to die, losing our niece, losing my MIL, all of that. It just stacked up higher and higher and I felt lower and lower. By the time I had to walk past a bakery, I went in a bought a spelt cookie. When I got home, I ate some of dh's candy, and then made a full sandwich with dh's bread. Oh, I also ate potato chips and clam dip.

Comfort food? Well, there is no comfort in how I feel now. I blew it again and I wonder if I will ever be able to stay on program.

My knees hurt, my hip hurts and my back hurts. It's hard to think about getting physically fit when I hurt too much to exercise and I can't stay on program.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #1375

hey sweet pea..

I cheated yesterday as well.. but we cannot give up.. its a new day.. I had my eggs and I have a salad for lunch..every lil bit helps..

we have the rest of our lives to worry about..and we are not perfect in any way shape or form..so we will have days like yesterday.. but we just need to have many more days on plan then off..

tomorrow is my Birthday and I plan on having a good meal and a dessert.. but right back on I will go,,

about those kids.. ignore them.. it is apparent that their mother didn't do her job very well.. kids will be kids.. it doesn't matter if your fat or skinny.. kids like that.. they will pick on anything..they have to make themselves feel better.. so they pick on others.. sad.. but true.... but what we should do is pray for them..because they need guidance..

so cheer up butter cup.. all your family are far better off then we are.. they should be crying for you :/ .. I know its hard.. but try to look at it that way ..

have a better day..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #1376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa,

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I know you're right- it just hurt so much at the time that I reverted to the defensive mechanism that I've used before.

What did I learn? Well, I learned that the spelt cookie was only really good for the first couple of bites. It was WAY too big, but I didn't want to throw it away and I didn't want to save it for later, so I ate it even when I didn't feel like finishing it. (How smart was that? )

I learned that even if dh doesn't see me eating off plan, I still pay the consequences. I had the worst case of heartburn that I've had in YEARS! I ate two big ribs of celery and still had heartburn. (Celery has always worked for me immediately in the past.) So I had some vinegar in water (which was horrible) and that didn't help either. Then I had another two pieces of celery and it finally subsided quite a bit.

I was also reminded that God is gracious and merciful. He loves me enough to hold me to a higher standard of living and caring for my body. And His mercies are new every morning, no matter how often I mess up.

On track again today...
Old 05-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #1377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stayed on track yesterday AND today. My dear friend (former neighbor is Oregon) is here for the week-end. (She and her dh bought property here on the island, and later a house over by the other lake.) We were going to have lunch at the only restaurant on the island and discovered they don't open until 4 on Fridays. Rats! I knew if we went to the little store that I'd buy junk I'm not supposed to have, so we came back to our house for roast beef, cheese and salad. Yay!

Dinner was pot roast, mashed turnips, green beans and a little leftover salad.

I feel so much better when I eat on plan. Why don't I remember that when I'm tempted to cheat???
Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #1378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PRAISING GOD!!! Our daughter called to say she was in an accident on the bridge over the Columbia River. That bridge has always scared me-- a car flipped over the side once and all the people in the car drowned. The accident wasn't dd's fault- it was some elderly guy who lost control, hit the side barrier, flipped up into the air and then hit her. I am SO thankful that no one was seriously injured, and I hope dd understands how blessed she is to be alive. Right now she is mourning that her truck ("Dasiy") will be headed back to the body shop. She just got her out of the shop from a "hit and run" a week ago.

Thank you Lord!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #1379

Quote:
PRAISING GOD!!! Our daughter called to say she was in an accident on the bridge over the Columbia River. That bridge has always scared me-- a car flipped over the side once and all the people in the car drowned. The accident wasn't dd's fault- it was some elderly guy who lost control, hit the side barrier, flipped up into the air and then hit her. I am SO thankful that no one was seriously injured, and I hope dd understands how blessed she is to be alive. Right now she is mourning that her truck ("Dasiy") will be headed back to the body shop. She just got her out of the shop from a "hit and run" a week ago.

Thank you Lord!!!
praise God is right!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #1380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still on program!!! You know, I need to remember how good I feel, physically AND emotionally, when I stay on program. If I truly remembered, and then reminded myself how BAD I feel when I go off program, maybe I would stick with it faithfully. Maybe???

So, staying on program over the holiday week-end is a very big deal for me. I went garage "sale-ing" on Friday and Saturday, so I was away from the house at lunch time. On Friday my friend and I were going to go to the restaurant for lunch, but found out it didn't open until 4 pm. So, here it was 1 pm, we were hungry, and the only other choices were the coffee shop of the little deli at the store. I knew that there would be nothing for me at either of those places, so I invited her back to my house to see what we could find in the 'fridge. She had a sandwich and I had roast beef, cheese and a pickle.

On Saturday, we were out "sale-ing" again, and ended up where food was being served at two different places. Again, nothing I could have. So I just went without until after I took her home (she said she felt bad about me always having to fix the meals) and came home to another meal of meat and cheese.

Today we went out with our hubbies after church, and I watched everyone around me having stuff I couldn't have. But I ordered a salad and a chicken breast with cheese, and did just fine. Tonight we went to a concert, and there were cookies being served afterward. I took my own low carb cookie and some nuts and managed to stay away from all the goodies there. So yes... I am feeling pretty happy with myself right now. I just need to stick with it!