Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #1321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Woke up WAY to early (5 am) and decided to stay up. Had some nuts (shame, shame) and then started working on cards in my studio. By the time it was lunch time, I realized I hadn't had a proper breakfast. Had leftover chicken parmesan for lunch.

Diner was a chicken burger with sauteed onions and peppers. I also fried up a piece of LC gluten-free toast. That's the only was it tastes even a little like real bread. It falls completely apart in the toaster.

I still have the munchies. I hate when that happens!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #1322
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Woke up WAY to early (5 am) and decided to stay up. Had some nuts (shame, shame) and then started working on cards in my studio. By the time it was lunch time, I realized I hadn't had a proper breakfast. Had leftover chicken parmesan for lunch.

Diner was a chicken burger with sauteed onions and peppers. I also fried up a piece of LC gluten-free toast. That's the only was it tastes even a little like real bread. It falls completely apart in the toaster.

I still have the munchies. I hate when that happens!
chew gum when that happens .. it helps..

and dont beat yourself up over the nuts.. it could be much worse.. like chocolate kisses or m&ms....
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I honestly meant to chew gum, and then kept forgetting to get it whenever I was downstairs. Grrrr... I chew Xylichew and LOVE it. I buy the peppermint flavor, and the flavor lasts longer than any other gum I've ever tried. It's also supposed to be GOOD for your teeth! I'll try to remember that today. Thanks!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #1324
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I honestly meant to chew gum, and then kept forgetting to get it whenever I was downstairs. Grrrr... I chew Xylichew and LOVE it. I buy the peppermint flavor, and the flavor lasts longer than any other gum I've ever tried. It's also supposed to be GOOD for your teeth! I'll try to remember that today. Thanks!
where do you get it?
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #1325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
where do you get it?
I used to always buy it online. Then I found it at a low carb store in Oregon, and finally found it closer to home- at a vitamin store at the mall. They also had a cheaper one, but one of the employees said the flavor doesn't last as long, so I stuck with the Xylichew.

I chewed it today (at your suggestion!) and stayed on track all day... until I had to make cookies for the memorial service for tomorrow. Then I caved and ate 1/3 of a regular chocolate chip cookie, and several of my low carb ones. (I usually only eat one of my lc ones.)

Dh talked me into walking up to the mailbox today (think BIG BIG hill) and then we walked around the block (think BIG block!) My knee was bothering me, but I did okay. I was glad he made the effort to get me outside. I need to start exercising all over again... baby steps AGAIN.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #1326
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I used to always buy it online. Then I found it at a low carb store in Oregon, and finally found it closer to home- at a vitamin store at the mall. They also had a cheaper one, but one of the employees said the flavor doesn't last as long, so I stuck with the Xylichew.

I chewed it today (at your suggestion!) and stayed on track all day... until I had to make cookies for the memorial service for tomorrow. Then I caved and ate 1/3 of a regular chocolate chip cookie, and several of my low carb ones. (I usually only eat one of my lc ones.)

Dh talked me into walking up to the mailbox today (think BIG BIG hill) and then we walked around the block (think BIG block!) My knee was bothering me, but I did okay. I was glad he made the effort to get me outside. I need to start exercising all over again... baby steps AGAIN.
so0o0.. you worked off the cookies :P... go you!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #1327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Well, I left today's menu on Monet's site, LOL. Trying to get ready to go to the mainland (or "America" as the islanders now call it!) Usually we don't make so many trips, but Lowe's cut our glass the wrong size for our new cabinet doors, and dh is itchin' to get them re-cut. I'm supposed to be working on our "to do" list but thought I'd catch up on e-mails first.

Jennica's final memorial service kind of opened up raw wounds. Her sweet little hubby looked all done in. He's gone to the wrong church and was 20 minutes late to the right one. (It was supposed to be the one where they had gotten married last year, but I guess it wasn't available that day.) He had done a wonderful job on the eulogy at the first service, but he had a very difficult time staying composed for this one. He still did a great job, but one could tell it was very, very hard for him. Maybe the first one he was still pretty numb from the shock of it all, and now he's kind of worn out from the grief of it all?

I came home feeling very low and lonely. I think all the "bad" things feel like they are stacking up and there aren't enough good things to balance them out. Seems like life is supposed to be filled with high's and lows, and right now feels like I have way too many lows and just "mediocre" instead of any highs. Dh is excited about his gardens (one at the farm and one at home) and about sailing which is coming soon. I'm feeling cut off from friends (who are traveling most of the time now) and not looking forward to all the late summer days when dh shows up around 10pm after sailing all day. It means our meals are all thrown off schedule and I'm alone most of the time. Yes, I can sail too, but I enjoy a few hours at a time... not 8-10 hours at a time. I'm throwing a Pity Party.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #1328
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Well, I left today's menu on Monet's site, LOL. Trying to get ready to go to the mainland (or "America" as the islanders now call it!) Usually we don't make so many trips, but Lowe's cut our glass the wrong size for our new cabinet doors, and dh is itchin' to get them re-cut. I'm supposed to be working on our "to do" list but thought I'd catch up on e-mails first.

Jennica's final memorial service kind of opened up raw wounds. Her sweet little hubby looked all done in. He's gone to the wrong church and was 20 minutes late to the right one. (It was supposed to be the one where they had gotten married last year, but I guess it wasn't available that day.) He had done a wonderful job on the eulogy at the first service, but he had a very difficult time staying composed for this one. He still did a great job, but one could tell it was very, very hard for him. Maybe the first one he was still pretty numb from the shock of it all, and now he's kind of worn out from the grief of it all?

I came home feeling very low and lonely. I think all the "bad" things feel like they are stacking up and there aren't enough good things to balance them out. Seems like life is supposed to be filled with high's and lows, and right now feels like I have way too many lows and just "mediocre" instead of any highs. Dh is excited about his gardens (one at the farm and one at home) and about sailing which is coming soon. I'm feeling cut off from friends (who are traveling most of the time now) and not looking forward to all the late summer days when dh shows up around 10pm after sailing all day. It means our meals are all thrown off schedule and I'm alone most of the time. Yes, I can sail too, but I enjoy a few hours at a time... not 8-10 hours at a time. I'm throwing a Pity Party.
well, its your party and you can cry if you want to :P..

sweet pea.. I know its hard.. but try not to get all depressed... just keep in mind that this is just temporary... and when its our time.. we will be so very happy and nothing bad will ever happen again
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #1329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
well, its your party and you can cry if you want to :P..

sweet pea.. I know its hard.. but try not to get all depressed... just keep in mind that this is just temporary... and when its our time.. we will be so very happy and nothing bad will ever happen again
My Pity Party went very well. I had three lc chocolate chip cookies and a cup of SF cocoa. I bought a Cricut Expression with two cartridges, two extra Cricut mats for my Expression, some tape for my ATG gun and a Tim Holtz paper pad (Crowded Attic.) All because dh made a comment that hurt me to the core. Yes, right now I am totally over-sensitive; but he knows I am depressed and he should have held his tongue. He apologized, but you know something? Once you have said something, you can't un-say it.

Nope, he didn't say anything unkind about my weight, my appearance, my health or anything like that. I was trying to tell him how lonely I get when he is gone most of the time with his hobbies in the summer, and he said, "You could come with me if you wanted to." I replied that I don't enjoy sitting in the sailboat for 10-12 hours at a time, and that his comment reminded me of years ago when he had the same attitude about his hunting trips: "You could come if you want to." I said something about not enjoying stuff like that, and he replied that he does stuff with me all the time that he doesn't enjoy. OUCH!

So, here I am, feeling lonely and depressed, and the only person I felt that I could depend on, that I thought actually enjoys my company, tells me he doesn't like doing stuff with me. THEN we're supposed to spend the day together shopping (mostly stuff for him) and go out to lunch together? I just wanted to get his stuff done and go home. I didn't want to go out to lunch, but he insisted. I could barely choke down half of my lunch and then brought the rest home.

Today is a new day. He's acting like nothing was ever wrong. But it IS. I'm still lonely, I still am not looking forward to summer when he is gone all the time, and now I don't even want to ask him to do anything with me because he wouldn't enjoy being with me.

An aquaintance told me awhile ago that he had learned to be his own best friend. I thought that was kind of sad, but maybe that's what I need to do. I've had three "BFF's" and now they live far away. Two of them refuse to come to the island, even when they have business nearby. The other is just really busy with her business and her large family.

Oh rats... I'm having another pity party...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #1330
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
My Pity Party went very well. I had three lc chocolate chip cookies and a cup of SF cocoa. I bought a Cricut Expression with two cartridges, two extra Cricut mats for my Expression, some tape for my ATG gun and a Tim Holtz paper pad (Crowded Attic.) All because dh made a comment that hurt me to the core. Yes, right now I am totally over-sensitive; but he knows I am depressed and he should have held his tongue. He apologized, but you know something? Once you have said something, you can't un-say it.

Nope, he didn't say anything unkind about my weight, my appearance, my health or anything like that. I was trying to tell him how lonely I get when he is gone most of the time with his hobbies in the summer, and he said, "You could come with me if you wanted to." I replied that I don't enjoy sitting in the sailboat for 10-12 hours at a time, and that his comment reminded me of years ago when he had the same attitude about his hunting trips: "You could come if you want to." I said something about not enjoying stuff like that, and he replied that he does stuff with me all the time that he doesn't enjoy. OUCH!

So, here I am, feeling lonely and depressed, and the only person I felt that I could depend on, that I thought actually enjoys my company, tells me he doesn't like doing stuff with me. THEN we're supposed to spend the day together shopping (mostly stuff for him) and go out to lunch together? I just wanted to get his stuff done and go home. I didn't want to go out to lunch, but he insisted. I could barely choke down half of my lunch and then brought the rest home.

Today is a new day. He's acting like nothing was ever wrong. But it IS. I'm still lonely, I still am not looking forward to summer when he is gone all the time, and now I don't even want to ask him to do anything with me because he wouldn't enjoy being with me.

An aquaintance told me awhile ago that he had learned to be his own best friend. I thought that was kind of sad, but maybe that's what I need to do. I've had three "BFF's" and now they live far away. Two of them refuse to come to the island, even when they have business nearby. The other is just really busy with her business and her large family.

Oh rats... I'm having another pity party...
MEN...



I know allll about it.. and thats all I am gonna say about that!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #1331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I got up way too early AGAIN, but went back to bed and slept until almost 10 am. I needed that. Way too many nights without enough sleep and it eventually catches up with me.

Dh was volunteering at the historical farm today, so I had a leisurely breakfast (leftover pot roast and leftover salad) and then spent time deep-cleaning the kitchen---polishing the granite and scrubbing the stove and using Bar Keepers Friend on the sink 'til it shines "like the top of the Chrysler Building." (Quote from "Annie.") Then I exercised on the rebounder, did some laundry and headed back up to my little studio. I got one card finished except for the inside panel. Also have ideas for some more cards that I'd like to get done later today.

Dh came home and reminded me that I need to eat lunch. Rats! I am never hungry this time of day, but want to eat forever in the evenings. I guess I'll head down to the kitchen and forage for food. Maybe "breakfast for lunch" since I had dinner for breakfast?
Dh is grilling steaks for dinner... hopefully the weather holds out.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #1332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Had a better day. Spent a lot of time in prayer... need to focus on God and not so much on me!

Doctor's appt tomorrow but not til late afternoon, so I'll still be home most of the day.

Did pretty well with meals, except it was back to the nuts this evening. Seems like dh gets the munchies whenever I get serious about staying on program. Watching him munch makes me wanna munch, too. Finally brushed my teeth, swished with mouthwash and stuck a piece of gum in my mouth. Now, if THAT doesn't say STOP IT! I don't know what does!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #1333
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Had a better day. Spent a lot of time in prayer... need to focus on God and not so much on me!

Doctor's appt tomorrow but not til late afternoon, so I'll still be home most of the day.

Did pretty well with meals, except it was back to the nuts this evening. Seems like dh gets the munchies whenever I get serious about staying on program. Watching him munch makes me wanna munch, too. Finally brushed my teeth, swished with mouthwash and stuck a piece of gum in my mouth. Now, if THAT doesn't say STOP IT! I don't know what does!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #1334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Enough of the applause... I messed up really bad yesterday evening. Hey, I can NOT wait 7-8 hours between meals!!! By the time we hit a fast food spot, all bets were off and so was my eating plan for the day.

Stayed on plan today, but didn't eat enough. Did I just say I can't wait 7-8 hours between meals? Well, my poor stomach-clock must have gotten damaged after yesterday's fiasco, because I had breakfast at 10 am and forgot to eat again until dh said it was time to fix dinner after 6 pm tonight. At least I don't have the munchies...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #1335
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Enough of the applause... I messed up really bad yesterday evening. Hey, I can NOT wait 7-8 hours between meals!!! By the time we hit a fast food spot, all bets were off and so was my eating plan for the day.

Stayed on plan today, but didn't eat enough. Did I just say I can't wait 7-8 hours between meals? Well, my poor stomach-clock must have gotten damaged after yesterday's fiasco, because I had breakfast at 10 am and forgot to eat again until dh said it was time to fix dinner after 6 pm tonight. At least I don't have the munchies...
UGH.. dont you hate when that happens..?

try to do better
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #1336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I've done really sell since my last post. Maybe because we haven't gone out to eat and I'm too busy to think about food at home.

We forgot it was potluck at church today, so I didn't take anything with me. I told dh to go ahead and stay to eat, but I came home and had leftovers from last night. I haven't felt much like being around a bunch of people lately anyway, so I was fine with it.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #1337
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I've done really sell since my last post. Maybe because we haven't gone out to eat and I'm too busy to think about food at home.

We forgot it was potluck at church today, so I didn't take anything with me. I told dh to go ahead and stay to eat, but I came home and had leftovers from last night. I haven't felt much like being around a bunch of people lately anyway, so I was fine with it.
well.. glad its going good for you .. and I can understand not wanting to be around people.. :/

take cae of you!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #1338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Sunny day... finally! I'll probably be in my studio working on cards most of the day. I have my Mother's Day cards ready for three women who are not my mom, but I also need to make more for the gift shop. Hopefully dh will want to take a short walk with me. It's supposed to start raining again tomorrow.

Breakfast was a LC chocolate chip cookie and water. Lunch- no idea. Dinner I think will be a tossed green salad with tomatoes and avocado and a sirloin burger patty.

My ankles are still swollen the way they do when I've been eating wheat- but I haven't been. Honest!!!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #1339
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Sunny day... finally! I'll probably be in my studio working on cards most of the day. I have my Mother's Day cards ready for three women who are not my mom, but I also need to make more for the gift shop. Hopefully dh will want to take a short walk with me. It's supposed to start raining again tomorrow.

Breakfast was a LC chocolate chip cookie and water. Lunch- no idea. Dinner I think will be a tossed green salad with tomatoes and avocado and a sirloin burger patty.

My ankles are still swollen the way they do when I've been eating wheat- but I haven't been. Honest!!!
I made a lasagna (sp?) and a nice salad with tomoatoes and cucumber.. I will have a lil lasagna..lol.. Thats how you spell it.. I just text D.. she told me how to spell it..

ok.. gotta run later tater

oh.. it was sunny all day here in the 80's... but raining now... thats fine by me.. feeds my trees and flowers :P.. nice on my water bill
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #1340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
I made a lasagna (sp?) and a nice salad with tomoatoes and cucumber.. I will have a lil lasagna..lol.. Thats how you spell it.. I just text D.. she told me how to spell it..

ok.. gotta run later tater

oh.. it was sunny all day here in the 80's... but raining now... thats fine by me.. feeds my trees and flowers :P.. nice on my water bill
Yes, you spelled lasagna correctly. You should have asked D how to spell tomatoes. I'm just kidding. I could tell it was a typo.

We don't have a water bill. Okay, we do kinda. It's hidden in our Association dues. But the bill doesn't go up even if we use a lot of water. It's always the same. Of course, it doesn't go down if we don't use any water, either.

On a more serious note, I woke up this morning and thought: "You know, the only time I was ever successful on Atkins is when I didn't cheat EVER." I gotta get back to that frame of mind...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #1341
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Yes, you spelled lasagna correctly. You should have asked D how to spell tomatoes. I'm just kidding. I could tell it was a typo.
We don't have a water bill. Okay, we do kinda. It's hidden in our Association dues. But the bill doesn't go up even if we use a lot of water. It's always the same. Of course, it doesn't go down if we don't use any water, either.

On a more serious note, I woke up this morning and thought: "You know, the only time I was ever successful on Atkins is when I didn't cheat EVER." I gotta get back to that frame of mind...
.. yeah.. I know how to spell tomatoes.. :P.. just my lil fat fingers get going to fast..lol.. and I only use 3 of them..

yep.. same here.. I need to just do it.. get on with it already.. I've been trying to lower my stats,,, and they say oatmeal helps... so I have been having that every morning except Sundays.. but I think come Monday.. I'll do full on Adkins.. see what happens..

what do you say..you with me there?
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #1342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
So far so good today. Woke up early again and went on a half hour walk with dh. This time it was MY idea. Yay!

I had an Atkins shake for breakfast, and then had an early lunch ('cuz the shake alone does not keep my tummy full very long.) We bought a box of sirloin burgers from Costco, but I didn't realize that they were already cooked and in the buns. So I took mine off the bun, cooked up some bacon, added some more cheese and had one yummy burger.

Not sure what dinner will be. I know I should plan it early, but I'm not in a great mood right now. Dh was almost 2 hours late coming back from the farm, didn't call and his cell phone doesn't work over there. I was worried... when I finally reached him, I learned that after he left the farm, he'd been helping a friend move some furniture; but also went over to another friend's house to discuss the shrimping trip they are going on. He could have called! I told a lady at Cricut that I'd be sending her pictures of my defective machine at 1 pm. Been waiting for dh, 'cuz he's the one that knows where the camera is. Grrrr.....
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #1343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
So far so good today. Woke up early again and went on a half hour walk with dh. This time it was MY idea. Yay!

I had an Atkins shake for breakfast, and then had an early lunch ('cuz the shake alone does not keep my tummy full very long.) We bought a box of sirloin burgers from Costco, but I didn't realize that they were already cooked and in the buns. So I took mine off the bun, cooked up some bacon, added some more cheese and had one yummy burger.

Not sure what dinner will be. I know I should plan it early, but I'm not in a great mood right now. Dh was almost 2 hours late coming back from the farm, didn't call and his cell phone doesn't work over there. I was worried... when I finally reached him, I learned that after he left the farm, he'd been helping a friend move some furniture; but also went over to another friend's house to discuss the shrimping trip they are going on. He could have called! I told a lady at Cricut that I'd be sending her pictures of my defective machine at 1 pm. Been waiting for dh, 'cuz he's the one that knows where the camera is. Grrrr.....
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #1344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Stayed 100% on program today.

Dinner was out with a friend. Remember WW talking about "Friendly Enemies?" You know, the ones that tempt you to eat off plan? Well, this one watched me order a beef French dip with no bun and no fries- just a green salad, the beef and dip. And a pickle spear. So her dinner comes: full beef French Dip and a huge plate of French Fries. She starts telling me how sad it is that I can't have the bun, because it is so soft inside and so perfectly crunchy on the edges. Then she tells me that she's giving me half of her French fries because she can't eat that many. I just looked at her and said, "I'm not having any fries."

So she asks, "Did you see that report on gluten-free diets on the news the other night?" I replied that I wanted to, but missed it. She proceeds to tell me that "they" (whoever "they" are) have discovered that gluten-free diets are bad for you. COME ON!!! I'm ALLERGIC to gluten, you brilliant person! My scalp breaks out, my knees swell up, my ankles swell up until it feels like my skin will pop, my gut feels like a football team has run over me with their cleats and now my lymph nodes swell and get painfully tender as well. The more I give in to wheat and other stuff with gluten, the more my body punishes me for it. So someone is going to tell me it's not healthy for me to not eat gluten?

So I would like to congratulate myself for not blowing up at this friend. And I'd like to give myself a gold medal for staying entirely on program during this dinner.

Hoping to do as well tomorrow as I go to the mainland on my own.

Last edited by raini; 05-10-2012 at 11:34 PM..
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #1345
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Stayed 100% on program today.

Dinner was out with a friend. Remember WW talking about "Friendly Enemies?" You know, the ones that tempt you to eat off plan? Well, this one watched me order a beef French dip with no bun and no fries- just a green salad, the beef and dip. And a pickle spear. So her dinner comes: full beef French Dip and a huge plate of French Fries. She starts telling me how sad it is that I can't have the bun, because it is so soft inside and so perfectly crunchy on the edges. Then she tells me that she's giving me half of her French fries because she can't eat that many. I just looked at her and said, "I'm not having any fries."

So she asks, "Did you see that report on gluten-free diets on the news the other night?" I replied that I wanted to, but missed it. She proceeds to tell me that "they" (whoever "they" are) have discovered that gluten-free diets are bad for you. COME ON!!! I'm ALLERGIC to gluten, you brilliant person! My scalp breaks out, my knees swell up, my ankles swell up until it feels like my skin will pop, my gut feels like a football team has run over me with their cleats and now my lymph nodes swell and get painfully tender as well. The more I give in to wheat and other stuff with gluten, the more my body punishes me for it. So someone is going to tell me it's not healthy for me to not eat gluten?

So I would like to congratulate myself for not blowing up at this friend. And I'd like to give myself a gold medal for staying entirely on program during this dinner.
Hoping to do as well tomorrow as I go to the mainland on my own.


you did maaaaaarvalous daahhhlink
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #1346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post


you did maaaaaarvalous daahhhlink
Thank you. Thank you very much. (Elvis has left the building.)
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #1347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I did maaaaaaaaahvalous AGAIN! Even I can't believe it!

I didn't get to sleep last night until close to 2 am. Then I didn't sleep too great because the two cats that usually sleep on dh were sleeping on me. PLUS the one that usually either sleeps on me or hides somewhere else was ALSO sleeping on me. I couldn't even pull the covers up high enough to get warm. So then I woke up early but went back to bed and slept until after 9 am.

Had breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs over bacon, topped with a slice of Havarti cheese.

Took the ferry to the mainland and kind of wondered where I'd have lunch. I don't like eating in a restaurant by myself, but bunless burgers are hard to eat in a car! So I kept putting it off, and at 2:45 realized I was pretty hungry and should do something about it. Well, before I'd left the island, I'd put ice in a cooler that we keep in the trunk. I'd noticed that there was still an Atkins shake left in there from last time. By 2:45, that shake looked mighty good! I drank that and had a low carb cookie, sitting in my car in the shade in front of Michael's craft store. SCORE!!!

At home, I made a taco soup that was to die for... nope, to LIVE for. LOL

For people who get to see fast-food restaurants every day of their lives, this might not sound so amazing. But I get to see them only once every ten days or so, and usually don't eat there anyway. And Krispy Creme! Oh MY!!! Who told those maple bars my name??? And why are they right next to JoAnn's craft store? And next to the mall where I get my manicures and pedicures? And who told those people they could sell HOT, FRESH donuts INSIDE the mall at another shop there? I was tempted. After all, dh wasn't there and would never know. But I would know. And it would take that much longer to ever get to my goal.

I think prayer is helping!!!!!!!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #1348
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I did maaaaaaaaahvalous AGAIN! Even I can't believe it!

I didn't get to sleep last night until close to 2 am. Then I didn't sleep too great because the two cats that usually sleep on dh were sleeping on me. PLUS the one that usually either sleeps on me or hides somewhere else was ALSO sleeping on me. I couldn't even pull the covers up high enough to get warm. So then I woke up early but went back to bed and slept until after 9 am.

Had breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs over bacon, topped with a slice of Havarti cheese.

Took the ferry to the mainland and kind of wondered where I'd have lunch. I don't like eating in a restaurant by myself, but bunless burgers are hard to eat in a car! So I kept putting it off, and at 2:45 realized I was pretty hungry and should do something about it. Well, before I'd left the island, I'd put ice in a cooler that we keep in the trunk. I'd noticed that there was still an Atkins shake left in there from last time. By 2:45, that shake looked mighty good! I drank that and had a low carb cookie, sitting in my car in the shade in front of Michael's craft store. SCORE!!!

At home, I made a taco soup that was to die for... nope, to LIVE for. LOL

For people who get to see fast-food restaurants every day of their lives, this might not sound so amazing. But I get to see them only once every ten days or so, and usually don't eat there anyway. And Krispy Creme! Oh MY!!! Who told those maple bars my name??? And why are they right next to JoAnn's craft store? And next to the mall where I get my manicures and pedicures? And who told those people they could sell HOT, FRESH donuts INSIDE the mall at another shop there? I was tempted. After all, dh wasn't there and would never know. But I would know. And it would take that much longer to ever get to my goal.

I think prayer is helping!!!!!!!
woot woot to another wonderful day my dear .. keep this up and no one will be able to find you.. you'll be so little the wind will wisk you away :P
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #1349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
woot woot to another wonderful day my dear .. keep this up and no one will be able to find you.. you'll be so little the wind will wisk you away :P
I WISH! Just left a message on your board about last night's faux pas.

Back on track this morning- Atkin's shake for breakfast.

BTW, did you know you can call them once a month and ask for coupons? The first time they sent me $1.00 off coupons, but the next time they were just 50 cents each. But every bit helps, 'cuz they are spendy.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #1350
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
hope oy had a Happy Mothers day!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.