Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #1291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
The call came from Jennica's dad a little after 5 this morning. "Jennica is with Jesus."

Less than 24 hours ago, she was vibrant and alive. Jennica was 25 years old and a student at a Bible college, working on her Master's Degree in teaching. She married Andrew just about a year ago. The last time we saw her was last month, at dh's mom's funeral. We never dreamed that the next time we'd see her would be at her own funeral.

Our ds#3 summed it up best about his cousin: "You could just see her love for Jesus bubbling up every time she smiled." Jennica is the fortunate one- she's with Jesus.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #1292
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
The call came from Jennica's dad a little after 5 this morning. "Jennica is with Jesus."

Less than 24 hours ago, she was vibrant and alive. Jennica was 25 years old and a student at a Bible college, working on her Master's Degree in teaching. She married Andrew just about a year ago. The last time we saw her was last month, at dh's mom's funeral. We never dreamed that the next time we'd see her would be at her own funeral.

Our ds#3 summed it up best about his cousin: "You could just see her love for Jesus bubbling up every time she smiled." Jennica is the fortunate one- she's with Jesus.
oh wow.. so sorry for you all.. so young .. but yes.. she is where she will be happy forever..

so this just came on all of a sudden.. no warnings that anyone knew of?

for family and friends.. Raini...
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
oh wow.. so sorry for you all.. so young .. but yes.. she is where she will be happy forever..

so this just came on all of a sudden.. no warnings that anyone knew of?

for family and friends.. Raini...
No warning or symptoms until yesterday morning about 11. Had a severe headache and vomiting, was admitted to ICU and put on life support.

We're stunned... we just have to remember that God allowed this and is in control.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #1294

Quote:
No warning or symptoms until yesterday morning about 11. Had a severe headache and vomiting, was admitted to ICU and put on life support.

We're stunned... we just have to remember that God allowed this and is in control.
again.. wow..
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #1295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Our dear friend who lost his wife just yesterday was one of the first to send comforting words to us. It's in a scripture that I will post a little later on.

Just 24 hours ago I was sitting in this same spot, weeping over the loss of my friend, Sue. Here I am again, weeping because we've lost Jennica. Ironic how that our ultimate goal is to be with Jesus; yet when one of us leaves to go to Him, it is so painful for those left behind. I know that Sue and Jennica would not come back even if they could. It would be like returning to a cesspool after God has given you a mansion.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #1296

Quote:
Our dear friend who lost his wife just yesterday was one of the first to send comforting words to us. It's in a scripture that I will post a little later on.

Just 24 hours ago I was sitting in this same spot, weeping over the loss of my friend, Sue. Here I am again, weeping because we've lost Jennica. Ironic how that our ultimate goal is to be with Jesus; yet when one of us leaves to go to Him, it is so painful for those left behind. I know that Sue and Jennica would not come back even if they could. It would be like returning to a cesspool after God has given you a mansion.
This is true.. I know I wouldn't wanna come back here.. :/ well.. I wanna see my kids... but I know in due ( HIS) time I would..
Old 04-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #1297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last night when I turned out the lights and went to bed I felt like a very frightened and insecure little girl. I laid there in the dark and trembled and felt like I was going to have a panic attack. Weren't our parents supposed to stay alive and healthy, and take care of us forever and make sure bad things never happened to us?

I have a headache that won't go away. I don't know if I've cried too much, or maybe not enough and need to let more pressure out through more tears. We have at least two funerals next week-end and still don't know if they will be scheduled at the same time or not. My BIL is planning one at the church where my niece was married last year (in Washington,) but has no idea yet when her husband will be planning the one in Oregon. At least we have a kitty/house sitter lined up, and the kitties have all had cortisone shots so they aren't having asthma.

I know God is good and I know He loves me. Maybe I just need to tap into that love a little more.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #1298

Quote:
Last night when I turned out the lights and went to bed I felt like a very frightened and insecure little girl. I laid there in the dark and trembled and felt like I was going to have a panic attack. Weren't our parents supposed to stay alive and healthy, and take care of us forever and make sure bad things never happened to us?

I have a headache that won't go away. I don't know if I've cried too much, or maybe not enough and need to let more pressure out through more tears. We have at least two funerals next week-end and still don't know if they will be scheduled at the same time or not. My BIL is planning one at the church where my niece was married last year (in Washington,) but has no idea yet when her husband will be planning the one in Oregon. At least we have a kitty/house sitter lined up, and the kitties have all had cortisone shots so they aren't having asthma.

I know God is good and I know He loves me. Maybe I just need to tap into that love a little more.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #1299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Lisa. I needed that. It's going to be a rough day. We're going to meet with BIL and family.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #1300

Quote:
Thank you Lisa. I needed that. It's going to be a rough day. We're going to meet with BIL and family.
my thoughts and prayers are with you all..
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #1301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dh told me to try to stay calm and in control when we met with BIL and family. Yeah- right! As soon as I hugged BIL he started sobbing and that made it really hard for me.

SIL said something very positive that helped, and I need to keep this in mind: "She never had to hear the word 'cancer.'" God, in His infinite wisdom, His love for us and His mercy, took her quickly. It may have left us totally devastated, but our sweet little niece didn't have to go to one doctor after another, finally discovering brain tumors, having surgery, chemo and radiation that would have taken her life one little bit at a time. We also believe, that out of all the kids and cousins, she was the one most ready to meet Jesus. And her life will go on impacting others for years to come. I believe this with all my heart. However, it doesn't stop me from crying!

God has also answered our prayers about the services: we drive to Oregon for one of our niece's funerals on Thursday and stay for my friend's service which is on Saturday. The other service for our niece will be at the church in Washington where she was married a year ago; but it won't be until later in the month. We're not sure about the graveside service, but I don't think we'll have to miss any of them, and we also don't have to run from Washington to Oregon, back to Washington and back to Oregon and home again. We are so thankful!

Again... that doesn't mean I'm not crying...
Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #1302

YOu need to cry.. and don't listen to anyone who says you shouldn't.. we all deal with death in our own way.. let it out!!!

That is a great way to look at it.. GOd spared her a lot... but still get it out!!!

If you don't get it out.. it will come back later in some other way... so again.. let it out!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #1303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
YOu need to cry.. and don't listen to anyone who says you shouldn't.. we all deal with death in our own way.. let it out!!!

That is a great way to look at it.. God spared her a lot... but still get it out!!!

If you don't get it out.. it will come back later in some other way... so again.. let it out!!!
Oh yeah... I'm getting it out! Dh just didn't want me upsetting his brother, but then his brother got ME crying!!!

I probably mentioned this earlier, but I keep listening/watching "You Hold Me Now" by Hillsong on youtube. It is so sad and so very beautiful and SO true!

I have to share a funny: Dh's sister wanted me to give her brother a hug for her when I saw him today, so I did. Later, on the ferry, she asked if I gave him his hug. I said, "Yes I did." Then she asked, "Did I cry?" and I said, "You cried a little." LOL So later, I was talking to the other sister and telling her this story, and she said, "You should have said that she cried a whole bunch and got his shirt all wet and he's really upset with her." Hey, this family has a sense of humor even when we're miserable.

One of our other nieces, the one whose mom (dh's sister) died unexpectedly a year ago, called up dh's other sister and said, "Aunt Sue, can't we just have a family picnic like other families do?" Poor child... she's lost her grandpa, step-grandpa, mom, grandma and cousin in the last 2 years. Before that, her dad went missing for something like 9 years, and his body was finally found. He'd been murdered and buried in a shallow grave.

I will take ALL the hugs I can get! Thank you!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #1304

Quote:
Oh yeah... I'm getting it out! Dh just didn't want me upsetting his brother, but then his brother got ME crying!!!

I probably mentioned this earlier, but I keep listening/watching "You Hold Me Now" by Hillsong on youtube. It is so sad and so very beautiful and SO true!

I have to share a funny: Dh's sister wanted me to give her brother a hug for her when I saw him today, so I did. Later, on the ferry, she asked if I gave him his hug. I said, "Yes I did." Then she asked, "Did I cry?" and I said, "You cried a little." LOL So later, I was talking to the other sister and telling her this story, and she said, "You should have said that she cried a whole bunch and got his shirt all wet and he's really upset with her." Hey, this family has a sense of humor even when we're miserable.

One of our other nieces, the one whose mom (dh's sister) died unexpectedly a year ago, called up dh's other sister and said, "Aunt Sue, can't we just have a family picnic like other families do?" Poor child... she's lost her grandpa, step-grandpa, mom, grandma and cousin in the last 2 years. Before that, her dad went missing for something like 9 years, and his body was finally found. He'd been murdered and buried in a shallow grave.

I will take ALL the hugs I can get! Thank you!!!
I have lots to give..
Old 04-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #1305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had the new kitty/house sitters come over today for "the tour" and all the fine details for caring for our unique kitties. Thai has learned to open all the drawers in the master bathroom, so we have to be careful where we hide the Q-tips... 'cuz that's what he is after.

We have one funeral on Thursday in Portland, and another on Saturday in Portland. There will be more up here, and I know one will not have any conflicts for us; but I'm concerned about the grave site service because I feel we should be there, but I'm hoping it isn't on this coming Saturday because we can't be two places at once.

We've made hotel reservations at two different hotels: one to be close to BIL and family and the next night to be close to friends going to the other funeral with us.

I'm sure getting a lot of use out of my new "funeral clothes." Who'd a thunk it?

The kitty sitters love our kitties and are looking forward to being here with them. They kept saying over and over not to worry about a thing. I know the cats will have a great time, but I also know dh and I will miss them like crazy. Silly us... we do love our fur-babies.

Dh is grilling steaks right now. Guess I should get the veggies cooked.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #1306

Quote:
Had the new kitty/house sitters come over today for "the tour" and all the fine details for caring for our unique kitties. Thai has learned to open all the drawers in the master bathroom, so we have to be careful where we hide the Q-tips... 'cuz that's what he is after.
We have one funeral on Thursday in Portland, and another on Saturday in Portland. There will be more up here, and I know one will not have any conflicts for us; but I'm concerned about the grave site service because I feel we should be there, but I'm hoping it isn't on this coming Saturday because we can't be two places at once.

We've made hotel reservations at two different hotels: one to be close to BIL and family and the next night to be close to friends going to the other funeral with us.

I'm sure getting a lot of use out of my new "funeral clothes." Who'd a thunk it?

The kitty sitters love our kitties and are looking forward to being here with them. They kept saying over and over not to worry about a thing. I know the cats will have a great time, but I also know dh and I will miss them like crazy. Silly us... we do love our fur-babies.

Dh is grilling steaks right now. Guess I should get the veggies cooked.
maybe you could child poof things on the drawers??? silly cat!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #1307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
maybe you could child poof things on the drawers??? silly cat!
That's what our daughter said!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- Atkins chocolate shake
L-2 eggs, sausage patty and cheese
S- 1/2 Atkins bar
D- hamburger meat fried up with cabbage

I didn't even notice that I've stayed on plan today until I was fixing dinner. I've been busy designing/making sympathy cards for family members and friends.

Somewhere between one and three kitties will be going to the vet tomorrow. Shasta has a terrible upper respiratory thing going on, and when she breathes it sounds like she's shoveling kitty litter. Thai and Gracie have been sneezing once in awhile, but unless whichever one is sneezing is actually near me, I never know which one it is. So they'll probably all go to the mainland with us, Shasta for sure will go to see the vet, and the others will be available if he wants to see them too. Thai will be really mad if he doesn't get to see "his" doctor, so we may let him go in with us anyway. (He's so cute- when we get to the office, he starts prancing up and down with his feet 'cuz he's so excited!)

Other than that, it's just packing and planning for our trip to Oregon. We're trying to fit in visits to friends and other family (my side) while we're there, but our schedule is getting really crowded. We really need a couple of weeks to get everything done, but dh doesn't want to be away from the island that long this time of year. (I DO!)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #1309

Quote:
B- Atkins chocolate shake
L-2 eggs, sausage patty and cheese
S- 1/2 Atkins bar
D- hamburger meat fried up with cabbage

I didn't even notice that I've stayed on plan today until I was fixing dinner. I've been busy designing/making sympathy cards for family members and friends.

Somewhere between one and three kitties will be going to the vet tomorrow. Shasta has a terrible upper respiratory thing going on, and when she breathes it sounds like she's shoveling kitty litter. Thai and Gracie have been sneezing once in awhile, but unless whichever one is sneezing is actually near me, I never know which one it is. So they'll probably all go to the mainland with us, Shasta for sure will go to see the vet, and the others will be available if he wants to see them too. Thai will be really mad if he doesn't get to see "his" doctor, so we may let him go in with us anyway. (He's so cute- when we get to the office, he starts prancing up and down with his feet 'cuz he's so excited!)

Other than that, it's just packing and planning for our trip to Oregon. We're trying to fit in visits to friends and other family (my side) while we're there, but our schedule is getting really crowded. We really need a couple of weeks to get everything done, but dh doesn't want to be away from the island that long this time of year. (I DO!)
WELL, I hope everything works out for you.. .. and the kittoes get better..

good for you for staying on plan.. .. I made some awesome bacon wraped asparagus last night.. delish!!!.. also had Italian backed chicken and tomatoes slices with some fresh Motz. cheese in some Italian dressing .. was delish.. and thats whats for lunch..today..

ok gotta run
Old 04-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #1310

Hoping everything is going well.. my thoughts are with you!!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #1311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hoping everything is going well.. my thoughts are with you!!
Thank you!

We attended the first service for our niece last Thursday evening. It was held in a large church and it was packed! Her sweet husband gave the eulogy and I was so impressed. They had such an amazing love story.

We had a very good experience with our hotel for a change. We've stayed in rooms at $250 a night (years ago!) that were not as nice, clean and comfortable as our $80 (plus tax) suite in Portland. If we didn't need to come right back up here for the graveside service, I would have liked to stay longer--- especially since our kitties have been asthma-free for a couple of weeks now, and had kitty sitters that spoiled them rotten.

The graveside service was today. I was thankful they didn't lower the casket while we were still there. I know that "she" is not there... just the body that she doesn't need any more. But I still would have had a very difficult time seeing her lowered into the ground.

The final service, the one near her home for her childhood and teen years, is this coming Saturday. I'm guessing it will be another very large service. She impacted a lot of people in her 25 years. Some of the relatives that will be there are not Christians, and there will be another very strong message. The Bible says that God 's word does not go out in vain. I'm trusting that hearts will be touched again.

As for staying on program, well... I'm not doing well at all. I have not had one single day in the past couple of weeks that I could call "normal" and it's so hard keeping on plan when I don't know where I'll be or what will be available to eat when I get there. I really messed up Friday morning at the hotel; but Saturday morning I asked dh to bring up a sausage patty and a hard-boiled egg for me, and I added my own gluten-free low-carb toast to that. Lunch was after my friend Sue's funeral, and I tried to get mainly meats and veggies, but I didn't succeed entirely. Dinner was Jack-in-the Box tacos (maybe never again!) and a bacon milkshake. (Can't even describe how yummy and forbidden THAT was!)

Tomorrow is off-island again because the air-conditioning in the Jeep is out AGAIN. This is the third time in 2 years we've had to take it in, and it's never worked right as far as I can remember. Hope they get it done right this time.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #1312

hey hun.. good to hear from you.. ..

but sorry you have ot go to all this stuff,, ..

eat well when you can.. and when its all over.. get back at it.

I have a new blog spot.. you'll know.. if you don't already..
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #1313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
hey hun.. good to hear from you.. ..

but sorry you have ot go to all this stuff,, ..

eat well when you can.. and when its all over.. get back at it.

I have a new blog spot.. you'll know.. if you don't already..
Where's your blog spot? You know I'm a dunce when it comes to 'puter stuff!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #1314

Quote:
Where's your blog spot? You know I'm a dunce when it comes to 'puter stuff!
its on here.. guess its a journal.. not a blog lol.. same as to me,,,
monets wake up call
Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #1315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
its on here.. guess its a journal.. not a blog lol.. same as to me,,,
monets wake up call
Wakey-wakey! What's the new name???
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #1316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Finally- a whole day at home and I can eat just what I'm supposed to!

B- Atkins shake
L- toasted LC gluten-free bread, bacon, cheese and egg (all stacked up!)
D- planning to have fried parmesan chicken strips and veggies and/or salad
Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #1317

Quote:
Wakey-wakey! What's the new name???
Monet's ~~~~ Wake up call...

Monet's ~~~~ WAKE UP CALL!!!

Last edited by monet0329; 04-25-2012 at 07:06 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #1318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Monet's ~~~~ Wake up call...

Monet's ~~~~ WAKE UP CALL!!!
I got it....
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #1319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I stayed on track today.

Today I had my first moment where I actually realized and KNEW my niece is gone. That moment is gone again and I'm just not believing it. Maybe "the third time's the charm?" and I'll "get it" after Saturday's memorial service? Or will this process take longer because it was so unexpected, so sudden and she was so young?

I do find comfort in what her mom said - "She never had to hear the word 'cancer.' "

If the doctors had been doing their jobs over the last couple of years, maybe ONE of them would have ordered an MRI when she complained of headaches. But they didn't. They did several CT scans which showed nothing wrong. And I have to believe that was a blessing, because I don't think that any treatment would have saved her life. I think it would have made her scared, in pain and miserable. So, even though we were all devastated by the suddenness of her death, I think it was good that she went from just having a terrible headache to straight to heaven. I have to keep remembering that...
Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #1320

Quote:
I stayed on track today.

Today I had my first moment where I actually realized and KNEW my niece is gone. That moment is gone again and I'm just not believing it. Maybe "the third time's the charm?" and I'll "get it" after Saturday's memorial service? Or will this process take longer because it was so unexpected, so sudden and she was so young?

I do find comfort in what her mom said - "She never had to hear the word 'cancer.' "

If the doctors had been doing their jobs over the last couple of years, maybe ONE of them would have ordered an MRI when she complained of headaches. But they didn't. They did several CT scans which showed nothing wrong. And I have to believe that was a blessing, because I don't think that any treatment would have saved her life. I think it would have made her scared, in pain and miserable. So, even though we were all devastated by the suddenness of her death, I think it was good that she went from just having a terrible headache to straight to heaven. I have to keep remembering that...
you are right.. kinda bitter sweet...:/