Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #1261
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
HEY SWEET PEA..
I know things seem overwhelming.. but things will work out the way God wants them to.. all we can do it put our trust in him and pray..

making yourself a card is wonderful.. after all.. who thanks YOU?..

hang in there princess..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #1262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreams skinny
Stats: 263/???/125
WOE: Atkins72 (20 or less)
Start Date: Restart Oct . 2013/restart April 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Yep... look on youtube under kitty asthma and you can see an inhaler in action. Thai and Gracie both have asthma now. Wonder how their 3 other brothers are doing?

Breakfast ended up being at 12:30- bacon and eggs
Lunch- handful of nuts (I know, I KNOW!)
Dinner- steak and salad
i like ur menus they are simply i'm just starting out and that is how i want my menus to go
dreams skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #1263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams skinny View Post
i like ur menus they are simply i'm just starting out and that is how i want my menus to go
I seem to do the best the simpler my menus are. And I like to make a big recipe up so I'll have leftovers for a couple of days. Easy-peasy!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #1264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- eggs and bacon
L- maybe tuna or chicken salad
D- maybe turkey-something or maybe chili
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #1265

Quote:
B- eggs and bacon
L- maybe tuna or chicken salad
D- maybe turkey-something or maybe chili
welllll if you make chili.. we'll have 2 out of 3 the same :P
Old 03-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #1266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL- Dinner last night was leftover turkey in an Alfredo sauce. I had mine served over low carb gluten-free toast.

The low carb bread isn't much like real bread because the texture is totally different. When I put it in the toaster it falls apart too easily and it doesn't toast very well. So I put it in the toaster for quite awhile, and then fry it with butter in a fry pan. That's the closest taste to "real" toast I can get, but I'll take it!

I am "hiding" in my studio as a diversion from thinking about ds#2. He called this morning and talked a long time to dh. I could tell things weren't going well, and my stomach got all yucky feeling. I had to leave so I wouldn't sit and worry about everything.

My friend who is dying prayed for him. Imagine, someone who would love to see her family grow up, someone who is so fragile and in a lot of pain-- taking the time and energy to pray for someone who doesn't want to live and just keeps making the same poor choices over and over.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #1267

Quote:
LOL- Dinner last night was leftover turkey in an Alfredo sauce. I had mine served over low carb gluten-free toast.

The low carb bread isn't much like real bread because the texture is totally different. When I put it in the toaster it falls apart too easily and it doesn't toast very well. So I put it in the toaster for quite awhile, and then fry it with butter in a fry pan. That's the closest taste to "real" toast I can get, but I'll take it!

I am "hiding" in my studio as a diversion from thinking about ds#2. He called this morning and talked a long time to dh. I could tell things weren't going well, and my stomach got all yucky feeling. I had to leave so I wouldn't sit and worry about everything.

My friend who is dying prayed for him. Imagine, someone who would love to see her family grow up, someone who is so fragile and in a lot of pain-- taking the time and energy to pray for someone who doesn't want to live and just keeps making the same poor choices over and over.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #1268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My Netrition order arrived today and I got to it before the raccoons did this time!
I bought 2 packages of "Yes! To Cookies!" (one strawberry-banana flavor and the other is chocolate) a whole bunch of boxes of low carb chili, 9 boxes of Atkins Hazelnut breakfast bars, 2 packages of SF chocolate chips and 2 jars of Smokin' Joe's SF barbecue sauce.

My initial reaction to the strawberry-banana cookies was, "Is THIS strawberry-banana? Really?" and I haven't tried the chocolate ones yet. They are expensive so I won't be chompin' 'em all down in a hurry. I've had the ginger spice ones before and I think I like them better than the strawberry-banana ones.

The chili is amazing and so much less expensive than the meals from some of the "diet" programs. Yes, I make a good lc chili, too- but it takes a long time to make and this is nice to have for a quick meal or when I don't feel like cooking. (Tonight, for example...)

The Smokin' Joe sauce is sooooo yummy and has been a favorite of mine since the moment I first tried it. But the company that makes it has been out of it for a very long time. Netrition got it back in recently and that was the main reason I ordered so soon again after the order I got for the raccoons. (Well, they THOUGHT it was for them!)
Old 03-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #1269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've got the funniest cat.... wish I had cameras around the house to catch him in action!

Thai LOVES Q-Tips (and raw string beans and dental floss and straws and anything else long and skinny.) So every time he hears me in the bathroom, he jumps up on the counter to "help" me with my make-up or washing my hands, doing my hair, etc. So he just happens to be right next to the drawer where we keep the Q-tips, and tries to grab them if I open the drawer. (Once he took a whole pack of them out of dd's make-up bag, which was actually zipped closed, and dragged them downstairs and all over the great room.)

He's got to be the smartest cat we've ever had... well, one of them, anyway. We did have a Siamese once that saved me from a doberman that was attacking me. Okay... she was brave- maybe not so smart!!!

So, when I was headed to bed last night, I was walking through the bathroom to our bedroom when I saw that the drawer with the Q-tips was open. Except there weren't too many Q-tips left! I started looking for Thai, which wasn't too hard, following the Q-Tip trail. He was sitting on my chair in the great room with his prize, which I took away from him and put in the garbage (in a cupboard!) I gathered up the other Q-tips and put them in the garbage as well. Then I closed the drawer.

Before I got back to bed, he had that drawer opened again! I closed it, and he opened it. I closed it again. He opened it again. About 5 times. So I finally moved what was left of the box of Q-Tips to a lower drawer-- a big one that I was certain he couldn't open. Well, he didn't get it opened last night, but he did first thing this morning!

The Q-tips are now in another drawer, and he didn't get to see me move them there. I'm sure hoping he doesn't get that drawer open, because I'd hate to have to move them to the master closet! That wouldn't be very convenient for me. I'd probably forget where they were when I needed them.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #1270

Good morning

yaya on the Netrition
Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #1271
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This was the morning for my weigh-in. Very apprehensive... what if I didn't lose? What if I didn't lose enough? What if I GAINED???

I lost 3.5 pounds. After gaining for months, I may finally be back in control! I'd love for this to be a pattern.

Just learned that an elderly friend... the mom of a dear friend here on the island... passed away yesterday morning. She had a major stroke on Friday. That dear lady was SO faithful to exercise! She walked at the mall every day- even when she lived here on the island, she'd take the ferry to the mainland every day to walk for exercise. And she had a stationary bicycle that she rode, as well. She's never been overweight- she was just a little bit of a thing. Seems so unfair to die of a stroke when she took such good care of her health. The funeral is on Friday, followed by lunch. I think we'll have to skip the lunch part and eat somewhere that I can stay on plan.

B- bacon and scrambled eggs
L- last of the leftover corned beef and cabbage
D- cheeseburger pizza (low carb of course!)

There have been commercials for some pizza place lately, showing a cheese-burger pizza with ground beef, cheese, pickles, etc. I was thinking "I could do that!" but I never got around to making it. So the other day DH says, "You know that low carb pizza you make? How about we make a cheese-burger one?" LOL So yesterday he cooked up all the toppings earlier in the day, and then I made the pizza base for it later on. Good thing, too- 'cuz I almost forgot that I had choir practice and wouldn't have had dinner ready!

He cooked hamburger, bacon and onions; and then added pickle relish and mustard and cheese. Sooooo yummy! Thanks dh!

i can't wait to see my scale going down.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #1272
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you! Yes, Thai and Gracie are both having more asthma attacks, and I think it may be the pollen in the air. Thai is our boy kitty and Gracie is his sister. Thai began having asthma attacks last year after the tree hit our house, but stopped having them when we were traveling in our RV. Gracie started having asthma attacks this past Christmas when we had company, and I thought hers were an emotional response to the stress she experienced with a bunch of strangers in the house.

We use the Aero-Kat chamber to administer their inhaler to them, but we may have to get shots for them at the vet as well since it's getting so bad. The shots scare me because our last vet gave our kitty, Yoshi, one when he had trouble breathing and it killed him. I guess that's really, really rare, but it still scares me.

I just received an e-mail from someone who shared that my friend who is dying has been praying for our son. Her husband said that "even when she is weak in body, she is powerful in prayer." I was humbled and overwhelmed. God is good!
hi. i find this very interesting about ur kitty's . im glad they have someone like u to care for them.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #1273
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I seem to do the best the simpler my menus are. And I like to make a big recipe up so I'll have leftovers for a couple of days. Easy-peasy!
i like that " Easy-peasy!"
Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #1274
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My Netrition order arrived today and I got to it before the raccoons did this time!
I bought 2 packages of "Yes! To Cookies!" (one strawberry-banana flavor and the other is chocolate) a whole bunch of boxes of low carb chili, 9 boxes of Atkins Hazelnut breakfast bars, 2 packages of SF chocolate chips and 2 jars of Smokin' Joe's SF barbecue sauce.

My initial reaction to the strawberry-banana cookies was, "Is THIS strawberry-banana? Really?" and I haven't tried the chocolate ones yet. They are expensive so I won't be chompin' 'em all down in a hurry. I've had the ginger spice ones before and I think I like them better than the strawberry-banana ones.

The chili is amazing and so much less expensive than the meals from some of the "diet" programs. Yes, I make a good lc chili, too- but it takes a long time to make and this is nice to have for a quick meal or when I don't feel like cooking. (Tonight, for example...)

The Smokin' Joe sauce is sooooo yummy and has been a favorite of mine since the moment I first tried it. But the company that makes it has been out of it for a very long time. Netrition got it back in recently and that was the main reason I ordered so soon again after the order I got for the raccoons. (Well, they THOUGHT it was for them!)
id like to order from Netrition some day. i have to get past goal first
Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #1275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spent some money and saved LOTS on papers and cardstock for making greeting cards. After bustin' my bums trying to find a good deal on A2 envelopes (looked ALL over the internet!) I found some at Office Depot priced at a little less than $10 for 100 envelopes. Bought those, but later found 250 envelopes for $12.99 at Fred Meyer (a.k.a. Kroger on the other end of the country.)

Dh found 200 sheets of the white cardstock that I use for $44... then I found some almost as good at JoAnn's for $1.99 for 50 sheets. I bought 5 packs for less than $10. Do the math: that's less than $10 for 250 sheets instead of $44 for 200.

Also paid 20 cents a sheet for cardstock that usually sells for 69 cents a sheet. Bought a lot of that. Used 40% off coupons for ink pads and a big pad of cardstock. The biggest surprise of all was dh helping me to find bargains! Woo hoo! I love it when he encourages me to shop!

Didn't hear from ds#2 today. Dh talked to him yesterday and things were BAD. We keep praying.... can't give up on him!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #1276

Quote:
Spent some money and saved LOTS on papers and cardstock for making greeting cards. After bustin' my bums trying to find a good deal on A2 envelopes (looked ALL over the internet!) I found some at Office Depot priced at a little less than $10 for 100 envelopes. Bought those, but later found 250 envelopes for $12.99 at Fred Meyer (a.k.a. Kroger on the other end of the country.)

Dh found 200 sheets of the white cardstock that I use for $44... then I found some almost as good at JoAnn's for $1.99 for 50 sheets. I bought 5 packs for less than $10. Do the math: that's less than $10 for 250 sheets instead of $44 for 200.

Also paid 20 cents a sheet for cardstock that usually sells for 69 cents a sheet. Bought a lot of that. Used 40% off coupons for ink pads and a big pad of cardstock. The biggest surprise of all was dh helping me to find bargains! Woo hoo! I love it when he encourages me to shop!

Didn't hear from ds#2 today. Dh talked to him yesterday and things were BAD. We keep praying.... can't give up on him!
AWESOME ON THE BARIN FINDS

STILL
Old 03-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #1277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I stayed up LATE LATE LATE last night putting all my goodies away and organizing everything. Maybe what I like best about being up here is that I don't ever feel like eating! Dh wishes I'd watch more TV with him, but I always want to snack in front of the TV. So I try to stay up here--- lots to do and lots of fun stuff, too.

I finished all but one of my "thank you" notes... and I'm not sure if that person was hired to clean the church after the memorial service or just did it because she's a sweetheart. (She's a sweetheart anyway!) At least all the cards are sent except the last three, and those will be delivered in person tomorrow. One thing that took so long was coming up with different designs for people in the same family; and another thing was trying to figure out how much money we should give for thank-you's. We didn't want to insult people by giving too much or too little; and hoping that none will be insulted by being given money at all.

Almost time for bed--- big day at church tomorrow for Palm Sunday, potluck and a meeting after that. Whew!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #1278

Quote:
I stayed up LATE LATE LATE last night putting all my goodies away and organizing everything. Maybe what I like best about being up here is that I don't ever feel like eating! Dh wishes I'd watch more TV with him, but I always want to snack in front of the TV. So I try to stay up here--- lots to do and lots of fun stuff, too.

I finished all but one of my "thank you" notes... and I'm not sure if that person was hired to clean the church after the memorial service or just did it because she's a sweetheart. (She's a sweetheart anyway!) At least all the cards are sent except the last three, and those will be delivered in person tomorrow. One thing that took so long was coming up with different designs for people in the same family; and another thing was trying to figure out how much money we should give for thank-you's. We didn't want to insult people by giving too much or too little; and hoping that none will be insulted by being given money at all.

Almost time for bed--- big day at church tomorrow for Palm Sunday, potluck and a meeting after that. Whew!
enjoy your day... and be good at the pot luck.,.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #1279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Messed up a couple of days and had an extra pound to show for it. Wow... I can't believe how dh can eat a huge, HEAPING plate of food at the potluck, and then go back for another full plate, and yet never seems to gain weight. (Well, maybe a little when we're on the road in our RV...) But I eat exactly what I'm supposed to, no seconds, but have about 1/3 serving of his dessert and kabooooom! I gain!

Of course, once I cheat, I keep cheating... so I came home and ate one of his "energy" bars which is just a glorified granola bar with chocolate and peanut butter. And the stupid advertisements for chicken nuggets and greasy ol' French fries on TV just about drive me crazy. So I wanted some sf ice cream. We drove to the store (the ONLY store on the island) and forgot that it closes early on Sundays. Grrrr! Came home and begged dh to make me popcorn... lots of butter, please. I'm a dork.

I got on the scales this morning and it slapped me back to reality. I've been a good girl today.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #1280

Quote:
Messed up a couple of days and had an extra pound to show for it. Wow... I can't believe how dh can eat a huge, HEAPING plate of food at the potluck, and then go back for another full plate, and yet never seems to gain weight. (Well, maybe a little when we're on the road in our RV...) But I eat exactly what I'm supposed to, no seconds, but have about 1/3 serving of his dessert and kabooooom! I gain!

Of course, once I cheat, I keep cheating... so I came home and ate one of his "energy" bars which is just a glorified granola bar with chocolate and peanut butter. And the stupid advertisements for chicken nuggets and greasy ol' French fries on TV just about drive me crazy. So I wanted some sf ice cream. We drove to the store (the ONLY store on the island) and forgot that it closes early on Sundays. Grrrr! Came home and begged dh to make me popcorn... lots of butter, please. I'm a dork.

I got on the scales this morning and it slapped me back to reality. I've been a good girl today.

my dh is the same way.. ask D.. hes a lil guy who eats alot.. so not right I tell ya.. .. we women just look at something and it loads on the pounds..

hang in there toots..
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #1281

Happy Easter Raini.. .. enjoy your day!!

HE's ALIVE!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #1282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AMEN!!! Hope you're having a great day too!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #1283

Quote:
AMEN!!! Hope you're having a great day too!
NO.. not really.. :/..

This was my day.. got up.. ate some rice crispys with splenda.. put on some eggs to boil for Angel eggs.. did laundry.. cooked the rest of my dinner.. we usually have Easter dinner and all Holidays for lunch.. but today Alina had to work.. so I decided to have it for dinner.. had it all ready when Chris went to get her.. she came home.. ate 2 bites I think, then left with her bf..

Kayden.. played games all day...
Korbey... came home in time to eat..
Chris.. went to work and pretty much stayed there till he had to pic Alina up at 5:00..

I was very depressed today.. I felt like.. "why bother".. why am I here.. to cook and clean.. I ate in my room alone.. .. still in here..

oh well..

while crying and feeling down.. I think of how my friend Lyndas family must feel.. with her having passed.. their first Holiday without her.. ..

but I can't help to think.. would I even be missed? ...sad huh..

oh wait.. yes.. when they get hungry.. they'd miss me..

Then I get on facebook and read how everyone had a wonderful Easter with their familys.................. .. where did I go wrong?

sorry.. just a depressing day.. I'll put my happy face back on tomorrow ..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #1284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
NO.. not really.. :/..

This was my day.. got up.. ate some rice crispys with splenda.. put on some eggs to boil for Angel eggs.. did laundry.. cooked the rest of my dinner.. we usually have Easter dinner and all Holidays for lunch.. but today Alina had to work.. so I decided to have it for dinner.. had it all ready when Chris went to get her.. she came home.. ate 2 bites I think, then left with her bf..

Kayden.. played games all day...
Korbey... came home in time to eat..
Chris.. went to work and pretty much stayed there till he had to pic Alina up at 5:00..

I was very depressed today.. I felt like.. "why bother".. why am I here.. to cook and clean.. I ate in my room alone.. .. still in here..

oh well..

while crying and feeling down.. I think of how my friend Lyndas family must feel.. with her having passed.. their first Holiday without her.. ..

but I can't help to think.. would I even be missed? ...sad huh..

oh wait.. yes.. when they get hungry.. they'd miss me..

Then I get on facebook and read how everyone had a wonderful Easter with their familys.................. .. where did I go wrong?

sorry.. just a depressing day.. I'll put my happy face back on tomorrow ..
Hope today was better. We've gone through times like that with our kids, too. Only one called yesterday when she got off work. Tried to call the one in Florida but he didn't answer, so we're worried about him AGAIN! Oldest ds saw we'd tried to call, so he called back... but not like he would have called if we hadn't called first. And ds# 2- MIA, I guess. Not like him. ????

We gathered up other "lost souls" at church yesterday and invited them to the only restaurant on the island for brunch. Better than spending it alone and feeling sorry for ourselves... like I would have for sure. Turned out one mom (who lost her dh suddenly 2 years ago) planned dinner with her dd, and her dd had to run home to take care of boyfriend with alcohol probs. So she was glad we asked. Another couple has kids far away and didn't want to be alone, either.

Man... when I was younger, I'd never have missed a holiday or event with my folks if I could help it. Mom died when I was a teen, but then the only time I didn't see my dad was when the wicked step-mother made sure he had other things to do instead of seeing me. Things aren't the same anymore, huh?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #1285

Quote:
Hope today was better. We've gone through times like that with our kids, too. Only one called yesterday when she got off work. Tried to call the one in Florida but he didn't answer, so we're worried about him AGAIN! Oldest ds saw we'd tried to call, so he called back... but not like he would have called if we hadn't called first. And ds# 2- MIA, I guess. Not like him. ????

We gathered up other "lost souls" at church yesterday and invited them to the only restaurant on the island for brunch. Better than spending it alone and feeling sorry for ourselves... like I would have for sure. Turned out one mom (who lost her dh suddenly 2 years ago) planned dinner with her dd, and her dd had to run home to take care of boyfriend with alcohol probs. So she was glad we asked. Another couple has kids far away and didn't want to be alone, either.

Man... when I was younger, I'd never have missed a holiday or event with my folks if I could help it. Mom died when I was a teen, but then the only time I didn't see my dad was when the wicked step-mother made sure he had other things to do instead of seeing me. Things aren't the same anymore, huh?
Nope.. things are sooo different then when I was a kid.. .. oh well.. life goes on..lol

I had a frined and her lil boy over last night and we ate left over dinner ..
Old 04-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #1286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mixed blessings- a formerly fat friend brought over 4 huge bags of her "fat" clothes. (She had WLS about 2 years ago.) I remember her being really big... I always figured she was at least 100 pounds heavier than me. But surprise surprise--- most of her stuff fits me just fine except for a couple of blouses and a pair of pants that looked huge but then were too tight for me. How sad is that??? I don't believe that these are clothes from when she was her heaviest, but I don't know that for sure.

When she said she was bringing things over, I thought they would be some of the cute spring and summer clothes she had last year, but almost everything was heavy winter stuff. Lord help me, I don't want to be big enough to wear these clothes next fall and winter!!! I want to be able to pass them on to someone else.

Our master closet and all my chests of drawers are stuffed to the max with cute clothes that are too small for me. Some are too small because I've gained weight since buying them, and some are too small because I was ambitious and confident that I'd lose weight, so I bought them even though they were too small. And yet I'm afraid to get rid of clothes because I don't actually have that many that truly fit me now.

I didn't want to weigh this morning because I am retaining water and my ankles are all puffy. So I promised myself this: no weigh-in until next Tuesday UNLESS I cheat; and at the very FIRST cheat I will drop whatever I am doing and go get on the scales. I figured that should keep me from cheating--- or I HOPE it will.

Today's meals so far:

B- Atkins strawberry shake
S- slice of Havarti cheese
S-Atkins hazelnut bar
L- cup of low carb Thai soup, slice of Havarti cheese

I cleaned house as though company was coming, although I don't think anyone is. Funny how that works though: usually when I get a bee in my bonnet to do all the deep and heavy cleaning, someone does show up and I'm glad I cleaned!

I made it through the Resurrection Sunday service and all the songs we (the choir) had to sing without crying. I did have a little help from one Tranxene, just in case. And Sue didn't die on Sunday. I had such a strong feeling that she was holding out for Easter, but she's still hanging in there. Her husband sent out an e-mail that he and the kids have "released her to go to Jesus when he calls for her." I bawled when I read that, but I knew they had to come to that point. He said she is asleep most of the time now, and it certainly looks like the end is near. I keep reminding myself that Sue is not dying--- her BODY is dying. And I know she has babies waiting for her in Heaven and will be so glad to be reunited with them.... several miscarriages, one still-birth and a baby that made it to about 18 months and then died. But I am so sad for those of us who will miss having her here, and especially her husband and four children.

Now I need a Kleenex again...

Last edited by raini; 04-10-2012 at 04:09 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #1287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My friend Sue went home to be with Jesus this morning. Her husband and children saw a sweet smile and the dimples on her face instead of the pain she'd had before.

I went back through all of my old e-mails, sorting out the ones with news of Sue from when we first learned she had cancer. Her husband was so faithful to keep us updated on everything from prayer requests, answers to prayer, chemotherapy and everything else. I told him that his love and tenderness towards her gave us the assurance that we knew she lacked nothing. I put all of the e-mails in one folder so I can find them if I ever feel the need to re-visit any of her journey.

I cry, not for Sue, for she is the one who is blessed now. I cry for her husband and her children, and for the rest of those who miss her now. I cry for the pain she had to experience, and wish that no one would ever have to go through that.

Dh is volunteering at the Historical Farm today, so he doesn't know yet. I can't focus on anything... I am so scatter-brained right now. My cleaning frenzy yesterday might have been because we're going to have to go to Oregon for the memorial service. At least the house is ready for a kitty and house sitter now. See? God knew I'd need a clean house, even if I didn't.

I've just had breakfast and don't feel like thinking about lunch or dinner right now.

b- omelet and 1 bite of an Atkins bar (but I had a difficult time eating because I learned about Sue right in the middle of fixing breakfast.)
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #1288

Quote:
My friend Sue went home to be with Jesus this morning. Her husband and children saw a sweet smile and the dimples on her face instead of the pain she'd had before.

I went back through all of my old e-mails, sorting out the ones with news of Sue from when we first learned she had cancer. Her husband was so faithful to keep us updated on everything from prayer requests, answers to prayer, chemotherapy and everything else. I told him that his love and tenderness towards her gave us the assurance that we knew she lacked nothing. I put all of the e-mails in one folder so I can find them if I ever feel the need to re-visit any of her journey.

I cry, not for Sue, for she is the one who is blessed now. I cry for her husband and her children, and for the rest of those who miss her now. I cry for the pain she had to experience, and wish that no one would ever have to go through that.

Dh is volunteering at the Historical Farm today, so he doesn't know yet. I can't focus on anything... I am so scatter-brained right now. My cleaning frenzy yesterday might have been because we're going to have to go to Oregon for the memorial service. At least the house is ready for a kitty and house sitter now. See? God knew I'd need a clean house, even if I didn't.

I've just had breakfast and don't feel like thinking about lunch or dinner right now.

b- omelet and 1 bite of an Atkins bar (but I had a difficult time eating because I learned about Sue right in the middle of fixing breakfast.)
.. so glad her pain is over.. but will pray for you and her friends and family.. thats always the hardest for me.. The Bible says .. we should rejoyce when he takes his children home.. but its hard.. and we are human .. he understands..

try get some sleep tonight
Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #1289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just learned that our niece is in a hospital in Portland- in the ICU with an erratic heartbeat, severe headache and vomiting. She's been intubated... her parents are on their way down now. Ds#3 is on his way over to pray for her. He was kind of a mentor for her when she first left home and went to Bible college there, and he had a call from her phone number earlier today.

So, ds just called and is at the hospital. He said he'd call back when he knows more.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #1290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE! Our niece has just been diagnosed with a tumor, pressing up against her spine. She has lost all functions in her body and is on full life support. The docs are going to try to reduce the swelling and see if she can breathe on her own, but if that doesn't work, they said there is no hope. Please pray!