Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #1231
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Bad emotional start to the day, but I did stay on track with the food so far. Then popped in a piece of chewing gum to keep my mouth busy!

Lots to do today.... ended up having to clear all the flowers from the church, even though after all that we found out that SIL was on the island after all! I didn't mind helping- I just wanted to sleep in and didn't get to. Hopefully I'll get some rest this week and won't be so crabby!
should we change your name to Patty? Crabby Patty.... well I hope you get to sleep in today sweetie..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I DID sleep in today! Yay!!! Woke up too early, got up to go potty and then dh got up and started turning on lights and making noise. I went back to bed, sure I wouldn't get back to sleep, but I did and I feel a lot better. Still need a few more good nights and sleep-in mornings, but this is a start.

Got on the scales today. So disgusted with myself that MAYBE I'll get back on track now. Thinking of looking into JUDDD, but need to get the basics of Atkins down first.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #1233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where's my post from yesterday??? Weird...

I've been a good girl since getting a fresh start. (So thankful for those... can I hear an AMEN?) I'm eating too late in the morning though, so I'm not ready for lunch until almost dinner time. I've been busy in my office making thank you cards and I forget to go down and eat.

We're going to the mainland tomorrow for shopping. I think we'll plan on Red Robin for lunch, so I know I can stay on program.

This is the first time in a very long time that I have been optimistic about sticking with the program and about losing weight. I guess getting on the scales again was what it took to light a fire under me, huh?

Okay... really time to forage for food! Tummy is growling!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #1234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Glad you feeling better..

That you got more sleep
and getting back to normal.

Now you can get back on plan
Know you can.

Enjoy your day off island and your
lunch.
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #1235

Quote:
Where's my post from yesterday??? Weird...

I've been a good girl since getting a fresh start. (So thankful for those... can I hear an AMEN?) I'm eating too late in the morning though, so I'm not ready for lunch until almost dinner time. I've been busy in my office making thank you cards and I forget to go down and eat.

We're going to the mainland tomorrow for shopping. I think we'll plan on Red Robin for lunch, so I know I can stay on program.

This is the first time in a very long time that I have been optimistic about sticking with the program and about losing weight. I guess getting on the scales again was what it took to light a fire under me, huh?

Okay... really time to forage for food! Tummy is growling!
Red Robin,,, yummmmmmmmm
Old 03-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #1236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Red Robin,,, yummmmmmmmm
My dd sent a text with a photo of an empty bowl of clam chowder. She's at the beach and I guess wanted me to be jealous. So I sent her a pic of my burger at Red Robin and she sent a text saying "Yummmm!"
Old 03-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #1237

Quote:
My dd sent a text with a photo of an empty bowl of clam chowder. She's at the beach and I guess wanted me to be jealous. So I sent her a pic of my burger at Red Robin and she sent a text saying "Yummmm!"
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #1238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just about 8 pm and time to head down to the temptation room... I mean, the Great Room. Dh wants me to watch Shark Tank with him. I'd prefer to work in my studio and stay away from food, but oh well... here goes!

Oh-
B- tea and a Zero carb cookie
and 2nd part of breakfast a little later: 1/2 Atkins bar and tuna salad
L- turkey and cheese, just a few nuts
D- corned beef and cabbage of course!

Made it through a meeting where there was a LOT of food. Didn't take a single bite!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #1239

Quote:
Just about 8 pm and time to head down to the temptation room... I mean, the Great Room. Dh wants me to watch Shark Tank with him. I'd prefer to work in my studio and stay away from food, but oh well... here goes!

Oh-
B- tea and a Zero carb cookie
and 2nd part of breakfast a little later: 1/2 Atkins bar and tuna salad
L- turkey and cheese, just a few nuts
D- corned beef and cabbage of course!

Made it through a meeting where there was a LOT of food. Didn't take a single bite!

I am gonna make some cabbage today.. frying it with some bacon.. sounds good ..
Old 03-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #1240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post

I am gonna make some cabbage today.. frying it with some bacon.. sounds good ..
BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #1241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- French toast made with lc gluten-free bread, 1 scrambled egg and bacon
L- Atkins shake for now. Maybe turkey and cheese later.
D- leftover corned beef and cabbage

Haven't had any nuts so far today....
Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #1242

Quote:
B- French toast made with lc gluten-free bread, 1 scrambled egg and bacon
L- Atkins shake for now. Maybe turkey and cheese later.
D- leftover corned beef and cabbage

Haven't had any nuts so far today....
I didnt make my bacon and cabbage..lol.. maybe tomorrow.. :P
Old 03-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #1243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This was the morning for my weigh-in. Very apprehensive... what if I didn't lose? What if I didn't lose enough? What if I GAINED???

I lost 3.5 pounds. After gaining for months, I may finally be back in control! I'd love for this to be a pattern.

Just learned that an elderly friend... the mom of a dear friend here on the island... passed away yesterday morning. She had a major stroke on Friday. That dear lady was SO faithful to exercise! She walked at the mall every day- even when she lived here on the island, she'd take the ferry to the mainland every day to walk for exercise. And she had a stationary bicycle that she rode, as well. She's never been overweight- she was just a little bit of a thing. Seems so unfair to die of a stroke when she took such good care of her health. The funeral is on Friday, followed by lunch. I think we'll have to skip the lunch part and eat somewhere that I can stay on plan.

B- bacon and scrambled eggs
L- last of the leftover corned beef and cabbage
D- cheeseburger pizza (low carb of course!)

There have been commercials for some pizza place lately, showing a cheese-burger pizza with ground beef, cheese, pickles, etc. I was thinking "I could do that!" but I never got around to making it. So the other day DH says, "You know that low carb pizza you make? How about we make a cheese-burger one?" LOL So yesterday he cooked up all the toppings earlier in the day, and then I made the pizza base for it later on. Good thing, too- 'cuz I almost forgot that I had choir practice and wouldn't have had dinner ready!

He cooked hamburger, bacon and onions; and then added pickle relish and mustard and cheese. Sooooo yummy! Thanks dh!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #1244

Quote:
This was the morning for my weigh-in. Very apprehensive... what if I didn't lose? What if I didn't lose enough? What if I GAINED???

I lost 3.5 pounds. After gaining for months, I may finally be back in control! I'd love for this to be a pattern.

Just learned that an elderly friend... the mom of a dear friend here on the island... passed away yesterday morning. She had a major stroke on Friday. That dear lady was SO faithful to exercise! She walked at the mall every day- even when she lived here on the island, she'd take the ferry to the mainland every day to walk for exercise. And she had a stationary bicycle that she rode, as well. She's never been overweight- she was just a little bit of a thing. Seems so unfair to die of a stroke when she took such good care of her health. The funeral is on Friday, followed by lunch. I think we'll have to skip the lunch part and eat somewhere that I can stay on plan.

B- bacon and scrambled eggs
L- last of the leftover corned beef and cabbage
D- cheeseburger pizza (low carb of course!)

There have been commercials for some pizza place lately, showing a cheese-burger pizza with ground beef, cheese, pickles, etc. I was thinking "I could do that!" but I never got around to making it. So the other day DH says, "You know that low carb pizza you make? How about we make a cheese-burger one?" LOL So yesterday he cooked up all the toppings earlier in the day, and then I made the pizza base for it later on. Good thing, too- 'cuz I almost forgot that I had choir practice and wouldn't have had dinner ready!

He cooked hamburger, bacon and onions; and then added pickle relish and mustard and cheese. Sooooo yummy! Thanks dh!
for the loss.. woot woot

and about the Papa Murphys Cheese Burger pIZZA.... I tried it and it was so delish.. so yaya on making the low carb version..

keep up the great work sister.. Im not sure about dinner tonight.. but it will be low carb.. ..

see ya later tater..
Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Lisa!

I've been so busy making thank-you cards and sympathy cards and a scrapbook page for a friend who is dying that I am not eating too much. So I guess there is a silver lining in every cloud, huh?

Dh wants me to come downstairs and watch BL. A good day for it, since it started out with a weight loss and I've stayed on plan all day.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #1246

Quote:
Thanks Lisa!

I've been so busy making thank-you cards and sympathy cards and a scrapbook page for a friend who is dying that I am not eating too much. So I guess there is a silver lining in every cloud, huh?

Dh wants me to come downstairs and watch BL. A good day for it, since it started out with a weight loss and I've stayed on plan all day.
yipyip
Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #1247
Senior LCF Member

Great Job

On your eating and weight loss.

Hope you got rested and feeling better.
Doesn't it seem like everytime we turn
around there is "something always happening"?

Only thing is that sometimes it's something
good and not always something bad!
Keeps us going!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #1248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the journal page made for my friend. It has two pictures of dh and I, a note about a memory I have of her, a flower and a cute pocket full of Bible verses. Now to get it mailed...

B- Atkins bar
L- turkey, cheese and cream cheese
D- leftover cheese burger pizza (I don't want dh to load it up with pickle relish next time. It was good the first two times, but I am tired of pickle relish for awhile! He agrees.)
Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #1249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRose View Post
On your eating and weight loss.

Hope you got rested and feeling better.
Doesn't it seem like everytime we turn
around there is "something always happening"?

Only thing is that sometimes it's something
good and not always something bad!
Keeps us going!
Dh has been waking up a lot at night. Then wakes me up to tell me he can't sleep and tells me what time it is. I went back to bed this morning and slept until 11 am. YAY!

I wonder if this is just him dealing with the loss of his mother. His sisters say they've been crying a lot, but of course he's too manly for that! So maybe it's messin' with his sleep.

Tomorrow will be an "okay-to-sleep-in-day" but Friday, Saturday and Sunday are going to be "get-up-early" days. Gotta rest up for those!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #1250

Quote:
Dh has been waking up a lot at night. Then wakes me up to tell me he can't sleep and tells me what time it is. I went back to bed this morning and slept until 11 am. YAY!

I wonder if this is just him dealing with the loss of his mother. His sisters say they've been crying a lot, but of course he's too manly for that! So maybe it's messin' with his sleep.
Tomorrow will be an "okay-to-sleep-in-day" but Friday, Saturday and Sunday are going to be "get-up-early" days. Gotta rest up for those!
I bet so.. I cryed when Lynda died.. but I also couldnt sleep.. I would lay awake thinking of the times we all hung out... its like id fall asleep and wake right back up thinking agian.. ..it will get better.. and one for DH
Old 03-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #1251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh! HE got to sleep last night and I didn't! I fell asleep a few minutes after 1 am, but Thai-kitty woke me up at 4 am when he was having an asthma attack. I had to get up and get his inhaler for him and give him his treatment, and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I've been promising myself since 7am that I would get back to bed!

"Kitty-mom's" 4 am feeding- Atkins bar

Breakfast- nothing yet
lunch- last of the leftover lc pizza?
Dinner: steak and salad!!! YAY!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #1252

Quote:
Ugh! HE got to sleep last night and I didn't! I fell asleep a few minutes after 1 am, but Thai-kitty woke me up at 4 am when he was having an asthma attack. I had to get up and get his inhaler for him and give him his treatment, and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I've been promising myself since 7am that I would get back to bed!

"Kitty-mom's" 4 am feeding- Atkins bar

Breakfast- nothing yet
lunch- last of the leftover lc pizza?
Dinner: steak and salad!!! YAY!
poor kitty.. didn't know cat has a inhaler.. hmm learn something new every day..
Old 03-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #1253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep... look on youtube under kitty asthma and you can see an inhaler in action. Thai and Gracie both have asthma now. Wonder how their 3 other brothers are doing?

Breakfast ended up being at 12:30- bacon and eggs
Lunch- handful of nuts (I know, I KNOW!)
Dinner- steak and salad
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #1254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made it through another funeral with the help of my Tranxene buddies. I'm sorry I have to rely on drugs to hold me together, but I rarely need them for anything other than funerals. I was a teen when my mom and both grandmothers died within months of each other, and we also lost another 24 friends the same year. (Car accidents, suicides, heart attack, etc.) I finally fell apart at one funeral and just can't handle them very well now.

So this one went well, but dh wanted to attend the luncheon afterwards. I knew the food wouldn't be anything I could have (have been to the same church for another funeral.) I picked apart 2 cheese sandwich quarters and ate the cheese and lettuce. Also had some celery and a pickle before I grabbed an Atkins bar from my purse. That held me til "Linner" which was shrimp and broccoli at Red Lobster.

Tomorrow we're traveling 150 miles (each way) to get our taxes done. Sure, we could do them here, but then I couldn't see my best friend! So, another long day and I hope dh will be cooperative about making sure I get to stop for meals when I need them. I'm tired just thinking about it...
Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #1255

Quote:
Made it through another funeral with the help of my Tranxene buddies. I'm sorry I have to rely on drugs to hold me together, but I rarely need them for anything other than funerals. I was a teen when my mom and both grandmothers died within months of each other, and we also lost another 24 friends the same year. (Car accidents, suicides, heart attack, etc.) I finally fell apart at one funeral and just can't handle them very well now.

So this one went well, but dh wanted to attend the luncheon afterwards. I knew the food wouldn't be anything I could have (have been to the same church for another funeral.) I picked apart 2 cheese sandwich quarters and ate the cheese and lettuce. Also had some celery and a pickle before I grabbed an Atkins bar from my purse. That held me til "Linner" which was shrimp and broccoli at Red Lobster.

Tomorrow we're traveling 150 miles (each way) to get our taxes done. Sure, we could do them here, but then I couldn't see my best friend! So, another long day and I hope dh will be cooperative about making sure I get to stop for meals when I need them. I'm tired just thinking about it...
good luck tomorrow..
Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #1256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a decent drive in beautiful weather, so I'm thankful for that. Got to see my best friend, even if it was just to have our taxes done, and I'm thankful for that. Surprised dd when we showed up to where she works to have brunch there, and I'm thankful for that.

Dh promised to take me out to dinner, but he ate so much for brunch that he didn't want dinner. Offered to get me a hot dog on the way home I was TICKED!

Got a really upsetting call on the way to Portland and had just about been able to forget it, and dd just called to say she got the same kind of call just a few minutes ago. Sending Lisa and maybe D a PM to ask for prayer! Called our pastor and he said, "I wouldn't worry about it if I were you and I'll tell you why..." but I don't agree with him. NEED PRAYER!
Old 03-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #1257

Quote:
Had a decent drive in beautiful weather, so I'm thankful for that. Got to see my best friend, even if it was just to have our taxes done, and I'm thankful for that. Surprised dd when we showed up to where she works to have brunch there, and I'm thankful for that.

Dh promised to take me out to dinner, but he ate so much for brunch that he didn't want dinner. Offered to get me a hot dog on the way home I was TICKED!

Got a really upsetting call on the way to Portland and had just about been able to forget it, and dd just called to say she got the same kind of call just a few minutes ago. Sending Lisa and maybe D a PM to ask for prayer! Called our pastor and he said, "I wouldn't worry about it if I were you and I'll tell you why..." but I don't agree with him. NEED PRAYER!
yeah.. prayers are needed and I don't agree with your paster either,, :/
Old 03-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #1258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Staying on program but maybe not eating enough. Thai woke me up at 6 am with another asthma attack. I tried to wake dh to take care of him, but dh was moving so slowly I figured poor kitty would die before he got his treatment. So I did it.. actually took two this morning.

I'm struggling with depression- the stuff about ds#2, my friend who is dying (received a photo of her via e-mail today and made me cry) and other stress too. Had a good long prayer time today, so that was a good thing. Anyway, it's nice that I'm not turning to food for comfort, 'cuz we ALL know that doesn't work!

I'm still working on thank you cards for all the people who helped us out when MIL was dying and also for the memorial service. I'm looking at a gorgeous card right now, thinking maybe I could cheer myself up and make one like that for me! LOL

TTFN
Old 03-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1259
Senior LCF Member

Raini

for you.
Hang in there with the eating! Hard I know.

Sorry about Thai, something more in the
air making him/her have more attacks?

Sorry about the depression..it's with family members
and friends are sick or cause us problems.
Believe me I know.

Take care
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #1260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRose View Post
for you.
Hang in there with the eating! Hard I know.

Sorry about Thai, something more in the
air making him/her have more attacks?

Sorry about the depression..it's with family members
and friends are sick or cause us problems.
Believe me I know.

Take care
Thank you! Yes, Thai and Gracie are both having more asthma attacks, and I think it may be the pollen in the air. Thai is our boy kitty and Gracie is his sister. Thai began having asthma attacks last year after the tree hit our house, but stopped having them when we were traveling in our RV. Gracie started having asthma attacks this past Christmas when we had company, and I thought hers were an emotional response to the stress she experienced with a bunch of strangers in the house.

We use the Aero-Kat chamber to administer their inhaler to them, but we may have to get shots for them at the vet as well since it's getting so bad. The shots scare me because our last vet gave our kitty, Yoshi, one when he had trouble breathing and it killed him. I guess that's really, really rare, but it still scares me.

I just received an e-mail from someone who shared that my friend who is dying has been praying for our son. Her husband said that "even when she is weak in body, she is powerful in prayer." I was humbled and overwhelmed. God is good!