Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #1171
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Made LC choc chip cookies last night- the ones I planned to make a few weeks ago until we lost power. Guess I caught up enough on everything else to finally justify some time in the kitchen.

Well, count down is on for Super Bowl Sunday. We have about 30 peeps coming over to watch the game. We invited more than we thought would come over, but they're pretty much all coming. I'm making room in the loft for some of the gals that come to play Scrabble instead of watching the game. Even if they want to see the game, they can look over the balcony. Hoping to make more room for folks to move around in the Great Room that way.

Dh is fixing chili (okay, I'll be making the chili) and nachos, and others are all bringing their favorite appetizers. So I figured I'd better come up with low carb alternatives for me. Celery sticks with cream cheese will be one, and I have my low carb chili from Netrition for another... and my cookies. Yes, it's plenty to eat, but will it be enough once I see all the other yummy things?

We're also planning a trip to the beach in a couple of weeks. Renting a little cabin and taking the kitties with us. I told DH that the best way (probably the only way) to help me stay on program at the beach is if I'm able to stay on program from now until we go. If I keep on messing up at home, there's like a zero chance I can stay on track at the beach. And it's important that I do, because friends are going with us that watch what I eat, tempt me to eat other stuff, and then criticize me when I do! We will have separate cabins AND kitchens, though... so that should help.

Did well on LC yesterday-
B- Scrambled eggs with bacon
L- green salad and 2 oz cheese, plus 1 TBL SF peanut butter
D- acorn squash, broccoli and pot roast
S- LC chocolate chip cookies
S- handful of nuts... yes, probably too many but so much better than I've been doing lately
Also bought a bottle of a "diet" Acai beverage. 4 carbs per cup, but I only drink 3 or 4 ounces and it's loaded with good stuff and no aspartame.
ugh.. I had a big old page for you.. but hit a wrong button/... ugh.. to sum it up.. good plan for the party.. have fun and your beach friends are mean..

lol.. they need to be supportive of you and your choices and help not hinder!!!

you can do it!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #1172
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 551
Gallery: BellaRose
Raini..

You call them friends.
That is not nice of them!!

Read your posts and know
your trying hard to lose.
It's not easy!

Have a good trip at the beach..
stay away from them!
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #1173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRose View Post
You call them friends.
That is not nice of them!!

Read your posts and know
your trying hard to lose.
It's not easy!

Have a good trip at the beach..
stay away from them!
BellaRose- Interesting that you pointed that out... I was thinking about that as I was writing it: We haven't done anything with these "friends" for a long time, and now I remember why! LOL I'll just have to have an extra dose of will power and lots and lots and lots of prayer to get through it. It's our fault 'cuz WE invited them!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #1174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
ugh.. I had a big old page for you.. but hit a wrong button/... ugh.. to sum it up.. good plan for the party.. have fun and your beach friends are mean..

lol.. they need to be supportive of you and your choices and help not hinder!!!

you can do it!
Hmmm... I'm just kind of fed up with everyone at the moment. Well, maybe not everyone, but most. They have all been so supportive of the two that had WLS. Why can't they be supportive of me?

We went to dinner with one of the WLS ladies, her dh and another friend. Of course I had to hear it again... "I'm so FULL!" Well, wasn't that the idea when she had her stomach stapled? And how many more times will I have to hear, "I'm so tired of going in my closet and finding that everything I put on is SO big!" Wah, wah, wah. Just breaks my heart that her clothes are all too big. Hey, I'd like to share her joy, but when she does it that way, I just wanna gag. Then we get home, and my dh has to point out, "She just ate half her hamburger." Yeah, well if I had less than half a stomach, I'd probably just eat half, too.

Right now I'm hoping I'm still this ticked off tomorrow. Maybe I'll be too mad to eat. I can hope, yes?
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #1175
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Hmmm... I'm just kind of fed up with everyone at the moment. Well, maybe not everyone, but most. They have all been so supportive of the two that had WLS. Why can't they be supportive of me?

We went to dinner with one of the WLS ladies, her dh and another friend. Of course I had to hear it again... "I'm so FULL!" Well, wasn't that the idea when she had her stomach stapled? And how many more times will I have to hear, "I'm so tired of going in my closet and finding that everything I put on is SO big!" Wah, wah, wah. Just breaks my heart that her clothes are all too big. Hey, I'd like to share her joy, but when she does it that way, I just wanna gag. Then we get home, and my dh has to point out, "She just ate half her hamburger." Yeah, well if I had less than half a stomach, I'd probably just eat half, too.

Right now I'm hoping I'm still this ticked off tomorrow. Maybe I'll be too mad to eat. I can hope, yes?
..let it out sister !!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #1176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Lots to ramble about today...

First of all, our party went great. We ended up with 30 people, and we had up to 8 of those up in the "loft" over the Great Room playing games if they weren't that interested in watching the game. We had tons of food and everyone seemed to have a great time.

The not-so-great news about the party: When a person lives on a small island, or any small community I suppose, everyone seems to know everyone else. While we would have loved to invite everyone, there isn't room for the whole island in our house! So we chose some who had come to our Super Bowl parties before, and then tried to reach out to some who had not been here before. Our list got longer and longer, until I was hoping to hear some RSVPs saying they could not make it! But almost everyone came, including those who did not RSVP. And even one who was not invited!

So, when we have a gathering such as this, we don't make a big deal about it or talk about it in front of those who were not invited. I mean, geeesh, that was something I learned in kindergarten! It's hurtful to those who aren't invited, so you don't talk about it in front of them. But we did have one couple who hinted around that their cable hasn't worked since the storm, and I was on the verge of inviting them (even though I knew too many were coming already) when someone else mentioned that there was a Super Bowl party at the island restaurant. And another fellow at church who stood by me and sighed several times, like he wanted me to ask him what he was doing after church. None of these folks actually said they knew we were having a party, and I didn't say anything to them. HOWEVER, I got an e-mail, kind of a travel blog from a friend that she sends out to about 40 people on the island, mentioning that we were having a party and she hoped we all had a good time. How she knew we were having a party I don't know. She's more than 1000 miles from here right now and wasn't invited 'cuz I knew she wouldn't be here. But that e-mail also went to the couple that was hinting that they had nowhere to go. So now everyone who wasn't invited knows we had a party and left them out. And I feel bad about it but can't do anything about it.

Something a lot more significant that I feel bad about and can't do anything: The Powell murders. When Susan Powell went missing in Utah two years ago, it seemed tragic but so far away. But Josh Powell moved to Washington and brought his two sons, Charlie and Braden, with him. That brought this case a lot closer to home. Then it came out that Josh's father had all sorts of naked photos on his computer of children AND of Susan, taken with no one being aware they were being watched. Susan Powell's parents fought for custody of their grandsons and won. Why on earth the authorities would allow Josh Powell to have visitation with those boys in his own home, instead of in a DHS facility with security, is beyond me. So yesterday, when a social worker took those little boys for a visit with their dad, Josh grabbed them into the house, shut and locked the door, and then blew up the house with his kids inside.

This was so beyond tragic--- this was evil. And that is a word that has been repeated over and over during the news coverage. But there is one thing I can say about "evil" - God ALWAYS wins. And as horrible as this entire thing is, God is still on HIS throne, He is still in control, and evil will NOT win. I pray for those grandparents, for Josh's estranged sister and his mother, for all of Charlie and Braden's friends who will never understand how a parent could hurt his children, and for everyone else this evil has touched. I pray the authorities learn a lot from this...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #1177
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Lots to ramble about today...

First of all, our party went great. We ended up with 30 people, and we had up to 8 of those up in the "loft" over the Great Room playing games if they weren't that interested in watching the game. We had tons of food and everyone seemed to have a great time.

The not-so-great news about the party: When a person lives on a small island, or any small community I suppose, everyone seems to know everyone else. While we would have loved to invite everyone, there isn't room for the whole island in our house! So we chose some who had come to our Super Bowl parties before, and then tried to reach out to some who had not been here before. Our list got longer and longer, until I was hoping to hear some RSVPs saying they could not make it! But almost everyone came, including those who did not RSVP. And even one who was not invited!

So, when we have a gathering such as this, we don't make a big deal about it or talk about it in front of those who were not invited. I mean, geeesh, that was something I learned in kindergarten! It's hurtful to those who aren't invited, so you don't talk about it in front of them. But we did have one couple who hinted around that their cable hasn't worked since the storm, and I was on the verge of inviting them (even though I knew too many were coming already) when someone else mentioned that there was a Super Bowl party at the island restaurant. And another fellow at church who stood by me and sighed several times, like he wanted me to ask him what he was doing after church. None of these folks actually said they knew we were having a party, and I didn't say anything to them. HOWEVER, I got an e-mail, kind of a travel blog from a friend that she sends out to about 40 people on the island, mentioning that we were having a party and she hoped we all had a good time. How she knew we were having a party I don't know. She's more than 1000 miles from here right now and wasn't invited 'cuz I knew she wouldn't be here. But that e-mail also went to the couple that was hinting that they had nowhere to go. So now everyone who wasn't invited knows we had a party and left them out. And I feel bad about it but can't do anything about it.

Something a lot more significant that I feel bad about and can't do anything: The Powell murders. When Susan Powell went missing in Utah two years ago, it seemed tragic but so far away. But Josh Powell moved to Washington and brought his two sons, Charlie and Braden, with him. That brought this case a lot closer to home. Then it came out that Josh's father had all sorts of naked photos on his computer of children AND of Susan, taken with no one being aware they were being watched. Susan Powell's parents fought for custody of their grandsons and won. Why on earth the authorities would allow Josh Powell to have visitation with those boys in his own home, instead of in a DHS facility with security, is beyond me. So yesterday, when a social worker took those little boys for a visit with their dad, Josh grabbed them into the house, shut and locked the door, and then blew up the house with his kids inside.

This was so beyond tragic--- this was evil. And that is a word that has been repeated over and over during the news coverage. But there is one thing I can say about "evil" - God ALWAYS wins. And as horrible as this entire thing is, God is still on HIS throne, He is still in control, and evil will NOT win. I pray for those grandparents, for Josh's estranged sister and his mother, for all of Charlie and Braden's friends who will never understand how a parent could hurt his children, and for everyone else this evil has touched. I pray the authorities learn a lot from this...
first off... SURLYYY all those you did not invite, understands that you can't invite EVERYONE.. BUT i AM GLAD IT WENT WELL

and wow on the guy who was wacko and did that to his family... and you're right.. God will have the last word... while those babies are in heaven and he is .... well in hell.. and yes.. evil is the word...
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #1178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
first off... SURLYYY all those you did not invite, understands that you can't invite EVERYONE.. BUT i AM GLAD IT WENT WELL

and wow on the guy who was wacko and did that to his family... and you're right.. God will have the last word... while those babies are in heaven and he is .... well in hell.. and yes.. evil is the word...
Dh won't discuss this... maybe too "close to home" for him. (His dad was abusive, and once locked the family in the house and had a hand grenade he was going to detonate. Dh was 10, and had to climb out of the window to call police.) Anyway, I just learned that the wacko dad not only blew his kids up with the house, he also whacked them with an ax. I don't like talking about it, either... but I need to process it, deal with it, and grieve in my own way. If I don't, it surfaces in nightmares and probably in my eating as well.

If you think about it, you might be praying for the caseworker that was there to supervise the visit. She is totally devastated. I'm thankful he didn't kill her, too... but I know she's really hurting.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #1179
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
The people I work with are talking about all this right now.. .. so sad..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #1180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Soooooo... every day lately I have started out with the best intentions to stay on program, and every day I have been messing up pretty badly. So far today I have stayed on program. If I can get through the afternoon and figure out lunch, I do have plans for our dinner and should be okay.

I long for that "place" I sometimes get to where I am not hungry between meals and don't get the munchies.

********************
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #1181
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Soooooo... every day lately I have started out with the best intentions to stay on program, and every day I have been messing up pretty badly. So far today I have stayed on program. If I can get through the afternoon and figure out lunch, I do have plans for our dinner and should be okay.

I long for that "place" I sometimes get to where I am not hungry between meals and don't get the munchies.

********************
If we stay on plan.. it WILL happen ... this is day 4 for me.. and yesterday I was hungry at this time.. today , I am not.. now I hope tomorrow repeats its self
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #1182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Totally stressed out today when we went to collect our "Free" membership for an RV park chain. LIARS LIARS LIARS! We used to belong to it, but it wasn't so nice back then and we dropped our membership because we weren't using it. It is a lot nicer now, so given a "free" (LIARS LIARS LIARS!) membership with ultra-low yearly dues seemed the thing to go for. Well, they lied about the contract (told us there wasn't one, but when we got there they said it was a 3 year membership), lied about some of the rules (we had no idea we would be locked out of our Coast Deluxe membership that we paid a small fortune for years ago), hadn't told us that one of their parks was off limits for our type of membership, lied about the gal that set up our initial appt. (said she still works there and then said she didn't) and lied about giving us a $50 gift certificate just for showing up. We had TOTALLY planned to sign up for the membership until we figured out they were lying about so many things. I am proud that I called them on it, though. Usually we just let them walk all over us, and concede on terms we don't agree with. But not today! I told them it wasn't cool that they lied to us and it was wrong. And I got louder and louder about the gift certificate until they handed it over. (They tried to get away with giving us a $25 one and I said I had proof on my e-mail at home that they promised us $50.) Hey, the ferry alone was $25, and at first they offered a $25 gas card plus the $50 gift card. They backed out of that early on, so I should have seen this coming.

Anyway, the stress seemed to start a feeding frenzy for me, so now it's back to square one tomorrow. <sigh> I do have most of the menu arranged for our beach trip already, so hopefully I'll stay on track then. And I'm not going to the chili feed with dh tomorrow night. I told him it is a lose-lose situation for me: either I go and eat the chili, chips and desserts there and am totally off program (and miserable) or I go and watch him eat all of the above and feel sorry for myself (and feel miserable.) It's not like a fun social situation where you can just visit and have a good time. Everyone is taste-testing chili and voting on favorites. And you have to pay just to go in, even if you're not eating, so it would be a waste to go and not eat. So I'm not going.

I have valentines to finish up tomorrow. Looking forward to it... they are cute and fun.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #1183
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Totally stressed out today when we went to collect our "Free" membership for an RV park chain. LIARS LIARS LIARS! We used to belong to it, but it wasn't so nice back then and we dropped our membership because we weren't using it. It is a lot nicer now, so given a "free" (LIARS LIARS LIARS!) membership with ultra-low yearly dues seemed the thing to go for. Well, they lied about the contract (told us there wasn't one, but when we got there they said it was a 3 year membership), lied about some of the rules (we had no idea we would be locked out of our Coast Deluxe membership that we paid a small fortune for years ago), hadn't told us that one of their parks was off limits for our type of membership, lied about the gal that set up our initial appt. (said she still works there and then said she didn't) and lied about giving us a $50 gift certificate just for showing up. We had TOTALLY planned to sign up for the membership until we figured out they were lying about so many things. I am proud that I called them on it, though. Usually we just let them walk all over us, and concede on terms we don't agree with. But not today! I told them it wasn't cool that they lied to us and it was wrong. And I got louder and louder about the gift certificate until they handed it over. (They tried to get away with giving us a $25 one and I said I had proof on my e-mail at home that they promised us $50.) Hey, the ferry alone was $25, and at first they offered a $25 gas card plus the $50 gift card. They backed out of that early on, so I should have seen this coming.

Anyway, the stress seemed to start a feeding frenzy for me, so now it's back to square one tomorrow. <sigh> I do have most of the menu arranged for our beach trip already, so hopefully I'll stay on track then. And I'm not going to the chili feed with dh tomorrow night. I told him it is a lose-lose situation for me: either I go and eat the chili, chips and desserts there and am totally off program (and miserable) or I go and watch him eat all of the above and feel sorry for myself (and feel miserable.) It's not like a fun social situation where you can just visit and have a good time. Everyone is taste-testing chili and voting on favorites. And you have to pay just to go in, even if you're not eating, so it would be a waste to go and not eat. So I'm not going.

I have valentines to finish up tomorrow. Looking forward to it... they are cute and fun.
well, good for you for standing up to them..

I would like to see your Valentines when your done ..

enjoy your YOU time tonight..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #1184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
well, good for you for standing up to them..

I would like to see your Valentines when your done ..

enjoy your YOU time tonight..
The Valentines are made with my Cricut, and there is a tutorial on You Tube by Cardcrazy (also goes by Cardz with Mary or Cardztv, I think.) It's the mail box one. I won't have a chance to take a picture before Valentine's Day, 'cuz dh takes the photos for me and one of the cards is a surprise for him.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #1185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Exercised this morning.
Meals so far:
B- hot flax cereal with too much cinnamon and some cayenne (won't do that again! LOL)
L- 3-4 oz chicken breast, 2 thick slices of jicama, 1/2 avocado, handful of almonds
S- SF almond Roca, 2 SF Jelly Belly beans

Dh built a ribbon organizer for me today. I helped design it and he made it happen! That gives me some more drawer space and easier, neater access to my ribbons.

In addition to the Valentine's cards I am making, I'm also working on a small bulletin board for my studio. It's about 12" x 12", is in an antique picture frame, and will be covered with a gorgeous blue fabric. I've had the frame for a really long time--- don't even remember where I got it.

It's fun to see some things coming together in my studio. So much still to do, but it's getting done a little at a time.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #1186
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Exercised this morning.
Meals so far:
B- hot flax cereal with too much cinnamon and some cayenne (won't do that again! LOL)
L- 3-4 oz chicken breast, 2 thick slices of jicama, 1/2 avocado, handful of almonds
S- SF almond Roca, 2 SF Jelly Belly beans

Dh built a ribbon organizer for me today. I helped design it and he made it happen! That gives me some more drawer space and easier, neater access to my ribbons.

In addition to the Valentine's cards I am making, I'm also working on a small bulletin board for my studio. It's about 12" x 12", is in an antique picture frame, and will be covered with a gorgeous blue fabric. I've had the frame for a really long time--- don't even remember where I got it.

It's fun to see some things coming together in my studio. So much still to do, but it's getting done a little at a time.


I can't have one of these till 2 kiddos move out..lol
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #1187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Dinner was LC chili with cheese and onions and dessert was 2 choc-chip (LC) cookies. Also had another handful of nuts. Still trying to cut back on them and I'm not having as many as I was before; but could cut back more. I guess I just like "crunchy" that's not a vegetable. Although I do love the jicama, too...

Still working on Valentines. Planning to stay up late late late to get to a good stopping point. Dh pointed out that I can finish them tomorrow, but I lose momentum when I stop.

Also need to design and make a b-day card for ds #3. Already have dil's card... made that one last month. Yay me!!! They get 4 cards next week- Valentine's, b-day for each and wedding anniversary. I should have talked them out of getting married in February four years ago! April is a fairly quiet month... LOL

Tomorrow should be fun- more card making and then a play at the clubhouse in the evening.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #1188
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Dinner was LC chili with cheese and onions and dessert was 2 choc-chip (LC) cookies. Also had another handful of nuts. Still trying to cut back on them and I'm not having as many as I was before; but could cut back more. I guess I just like "crunchy" that's not a vegetable. Although I do love the jicama, too...

Still working on Valentines. Planning to stay up late late late to get to a good stopping point. Dh pointed out that I can finish them tomorrow, but I lose momentum when I stop.

Also need to design and make a b-day card for ds #3. Already have dil's card... made that one last month. Yay me!!! They get 4 cards next week- Valentine's, b-day for each and wedding anniversary. I should have talked them out of getting married in February four years ago! April is a fairly quiet month... LOL

Tomorrow should be fun- more card making and then a play at the clubhouse in the evening.
I love PLAYS
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #1189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
I love PLAYS
This one was pretty dorky--- most of it was supposed to be dorky, but it was even dorkier when several of the cast members forgot ALL their lines towards the end of the play. One of the best parts was when one of the actresses, wearing fake teeth for her character's part, said something and the teeth came flying out. And when the main character totally forgot his lines and said ""So can you help me out here?" out loud to the other cast members.

All in all, it wasn't as good as we expected, but it was still a night out.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #1190
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
This one was pretty dorky--- most of it was supposed to be dorky, but it was even dorkier when several of the cast members forgot ALL their lines towards the end of the play. One of the best parts was when one of the actresses, wearing fake teeth for her character's part, said something and the teeth came flying out. And when the main character totally forgot his lines and said ""So can you help me out here?" out loud to the other cast members.

All in all, it wasn't as good as we expected, but it was still a night out.
I would have lost it..lol..

yeah..it was a night out.. awesome
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #1191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Just got back from a few days at the beach. The good parts: fun with friends, sight-seeing and a yummy dinner out, an adorable little (REALLY little) cottage and watching waves in the ocean. The not-so-great (okay... really awful) part was that our sweet little Gracie didn't like being in the cottage at night. She had a great time during the day, but as soon as we went to bed, she started crying. And by crying, I mean YOWLING over and over and over. The second night I stayed up later after dh went to bed to spend extra time with her. She loved it.But as soon as I went to bed, the yowling started all over again. Finally I'd yell "Gracie NO!" and she would stop for a few minutes. But then she would start up again. All night, "Gracie NO!", quiet for maybe 10 minutes and then yowling. I didn't get more than about three hours total sleep the first night and maybe 4 tops the second and third nights. I got very tired, had non-stop headaches, got clumsy and kept running into things and finally got grouchy. I was almost in tears on the way home.

Shasta hated the ride down and hated the first couple of days in the cottage. She snarled and hissed at the other cats if they dared to get near. By the time she settled in and started liking it, it was time to go home.

Thai LOVED the ride down, LOVED every minute in the cottage and every minute riding around in the Jeep and LOVED the ride home. When we got back, he didn't want to get out of the Jeep. What a good sport! He is happy as long as he has us.

So, bottom line... no more vacations at the beach unless we take the RV. All three cats love the RV and I can actually sleep at night and have fun during the day. (Gracie does love to honk the horn at night, but other than that we don't have problems with them when we're on the road.) I'm disappointed, because it is much cheaper to rent a cottage than to pay for gas for the RV, not to mention having to pay $85 for the ferry to bring the RV back home. But I am thankful we have that option, so enough whining about that.

On to whine about something else- my $50 Netrition.com order arrived the day we left, and the raccoons got it before my SIL arrived to pick it up. The box was all chewed up and they finished off my low carb cookies. Everything else was soaked from the rain and I'm not sure if any of it is safe to eat. I was so excited about trying the new "Yes! To Cookies" but I guess I'll have to take the raccoons word for it that they were really good. (Hope that fiber hits 'em something fierce!!!)

I started out well on program at the beach until dh offered me something I shouldn't have. He should not have offered it and I should not have accepted it. Once I mess up, I figure "oh well, I'll start over tomorrow." Never seem to learn my lesson.

Praying that I can get back on track and STAY on track, starting..... NOW! (Easy to say 'cuz it's time for bed.)
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #1192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Stayed on track all day today. Not because I was "being good" but because I didn't really have a chance to cheat! Too busy with prayer requests in the morning, and too busy working on my office/studio all afternoon and until midnight.
B- omelet w/bacon, mushrooms, onions and cheese
L- Atkins shake, 1/2 piece cheese, nuts
D- cabbage and Kielbasa with onions (thanks DH!)
S- 1/2 Atkins bar
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #1193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
MIL is back in the hospital, so I don't know if I'll be around the house enough to get anything done or even have time to check in here.

I went back to bed this morning to try to get rid of my "haven't had enough sleep" headache. Feeling better at the moment. Missed church- hate missing church but haven't been enjoying the headaches and it's hard to pay attention to the sermon with my head pounding.

Couldn't get enthusiastic about breakfast this morning. Ate some nuts and cheese. Not sure if it was "breakfast " I didn't want to fix or that I didn't want to clean up afterward. Maybe both.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #1194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Life is gonna change around here. MIL has been moved back to the island... to SIL's house. We're gonna have to help with her, and willing to do so but are gonna need an extra heaping dose of God's strength!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #1195
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Life is gonna change around here. MIL has been moved back to the island... to SIL's house. We're gonna have to help with her, and willing to do so but are gonna need an extra heaping dose of God's strength!
your all in my prayers.. .
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #1196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
your all in my prayers.. .
Thank you SO much! We need 'em!!!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #1197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
VERY stressful day...

Met w/hospice RN for MIL, and that part was fine. But #2 SIL took offense at something #1 SIL said and began pouting. #1 SIL apologized and #2 SIL wouldn't accept it, and began whining about every offense and hurt that has ever come her way. Finally #1 SIL walked out of the house, with my dh and BIL following her. I was left to contend with #2 SIL while the brothers all dealt with the other one. I told her it was NOT about her, or us, or the other SIL. It's about MOM and that's where we need to be focused. I hate when family dynamics ruin a perfectly good day. Been hungry every since...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #1198
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
VERY stressful day...

Met w/hospice RN for MIL, and that part was fine. But #2 SIL took offense at something #1 SIL said and began pouting. #1 SIL apologized and #2 SIL wouldn't accept it, and began whining about every offense and hurt that has ever come her way. Finally #1 SIL walked out of the house, with my dh and BIL following her. I was left to contend with #2 SIL while the brothers all dealt with the other one. I told her it was NOT about her, or us, or the other SIL. It's about MOM and that's where we need to be focused. I hate when family dynamics ruin a perfectly good day. Been hungry every since...
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #1199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Got back on track yesterday and didn't stray even though we were off-island 10 hours and had lunch about three hours late!!! Doing okay today, as well... avoiding the cookies and treats (that they always have at church now) like they were land mines.

Breakfast was a flax pancake, bacon and an egg. Lunch was turkey lunch meat, 2 slices of Havarti cheese, coleslaw and 4 grape tomatoes. Had a 0 carb cookie for dessert. So far, so good. We're having chicken sausage for dinner, and I'll probably have more LC coleslaw with mine.

Just checked in with SIL and she doesn't need help with MIL at the moment. She's just sleeping, which is what she does most of the time now. We'll be over there most of the day tomorrow while SIL is off-island.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #1200
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Got back on track yesterday and didn't stray even though we were off-island 10 hours and had lunch about three hours late!!! Doing okay today, as well... avoiding the cookies and treats (that they always have at church now) like they were land mines.

Breakfast was a flax pancake, bacon and an egg. Lunch was turkey lunch meat, 2 slices of Havarti cheese, coleslaw and 4 grape tomatoes. Had a 0 carb cookie for dessert. So far, so good. We're having chicken sausage for dinner, and I'll probably have more LC coleslaw with mine.

Just checked in with SIL and she doesn't need help with MIL at the moment. She's just sleeping, which is what she does most of the time now. We'll be over there most of the day tomorrow while SIL is off-island.
sounds like a good day!!.. not me

a friend came over.. we went to walmart.. had subway...flat bread bacon ranch footlong...Im a hog.. then.. got Kaydens hair cut and took them to DQ...hd a reese blizzard.. medium.... now I have a shepards pie in the oven.. gonna have a salad with that... tomorrow is a new day...

be strong lady bug!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.