Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Livywilltim-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 9,220
Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Lots of prayers for your back and mouth my friend!

I LOVE your bedtime ritual...very inspiring
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Monet- Thanks for checking in on me! Hope all is well with you. (Picture a "hug" here... some smileys work on this 'puter and some don't!)

Livywilltim-mom- Thanks for your prayers. I think they're working! And the bedtime ritual- still having a difficult time coming up with 5 every day in the sense of smell. Even with our walk yesterday.... no freshly mown grass, no flowers, no warmed-from-the-sun pine needles. I did smell cigarette smoke a couple of times, but that's one I don't recall with fondness! It gives me an instant headache. But I do have a favorite sight from yesterday- three adorable chipmunks playing tag on a large rock in our back yard. So cute!

Feeling a little better... not sure if it's the Motrin built up in my system, or actual recovery. The Motrin is going to have to come to an end because my stomach and gut can't handle much more of it, so I guess we'll see if it's "recovery" or not! I have managed to get off the pain killer and the muscle relaxant. And the antibiotics were finished yesterday. Yay!

Went for a 40 minute walk with dh yesterday. Wanted to walk further but the thunderclouds were threatening and dh thought we needed to head home. Turned out it didn't rain for hours after that, but at least we got the 40 minutes in.

Breakfast today was yummy- an omelette with one egg, Jimmy Dean sausage, mushrooms and smokey cheese. I put sour cream and a little salsa on top. MMMMmmmmm! Hoping it holds me for a long time. I haven't been in the mood to eat... at least not until I'm overly hungry. Not sure what lunch will be... maybe a salad. DH just called and I think that dinner will be freshly caught trout! (He'd only been out for an hour and already had three big ones.)
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Monet- Thanks for checking in on me! Hope all is well with you. (Picture a "hug" here... some smileys work on this 'puter and some don't!)

Livywilltim-mom- Thanks for your prayers. I think they're working! And the bedtime ritual- still having a difficult time coming up with 5 every day in the sense of smell. Even with our walk yesterday.... no freshly mown grass, no flowers, no warmed-from-the-sun pine needles. I did smell cigarette smoke a couple of times, but that's one I don't recall with fondness! It gives me an instant headache. But I do have a favorite sight from yesterday- three adorable chipmunks playing tag on a large rock in our back yard. So cute!

Feeling a little better... not sure if it's the Motrin built up in my system, or actual recovery. The Motrin is going to have to come to an end because my stomach and gut can't handle much more of it, so I guess we'll see if it's "recovery" or not! I have managed to get off the pain killer and the muscle relaxant. And the antibiotics were finished yesterday. Yay!

Went for a 40 minute walk with dh yesterday. Wanted to walk further but the thunderclouds were threatening and dh thought we needed to head home. Turned out it didn't rain for hours after that, but at least we got the 40 minutes in.

Breakfast today was yummy- an omelette with one egg, Jimmy Dean sausage, mushrooms and smokey cheese. I put sour cream and a little salsa on top. MMMMmmmmm! Hoping it holds me for a long time. I haven't been in the mood to eat... at least not until I'm overly hungry. Not sure what lunch will be... maybe a salad. DH just called and I think that dinner will be freshly caught trout! (He'd only been out for an hour and already had three big ones.)
SO glad your feeling better .. hope its healing and not the Motrin..

we are having Fish tonight as well.. Tilapia. .. delish!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
SO glad your feeling better .. hope its healing and not the Motrin..
Think it's the Motrin. I'm soooo hurting again! I do think my mouth is healing, though. Now if my back would heal...

Had an amazing day.... a violin recital by an extremely talented high school senior. She played six pieces with piano accompianment, then one solo, then the remainder with her family. (Nine kids in the family and they all play.) I believe the recital was her community service project as required by her high school. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house! Then we were invited to their home for an Open House and graduation party. I can't even express how lovely everything was.

Went to a young teen's b-day party after that. Then watched a movie. The only down-side to the entire day was my back pain. I stood for the entire recital and most of the graduation party. I did get to sit at the 2nd party, as they had a recliner and I can sit in that.

My apologies to anyone else at LCF that sees me posting here and nowhere else. I'm just hurting too much to sit any longer!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Think it's the Motrin. I'm soooo hurting again! I do think my mouth is healing, though. Now if my back would heal...

Had an amazing day.... a violin recital by an extremely talented high school senior. She played six pieces with piano accompianment, then one solo, then the remainder with her family. (Nine kids in the family and they all play.) I believe the recital was her community service project as required by her high school. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house! Then we were invited to their home for an Open House and graduation party. I can't even express how lovely everything was.

Went to a young teen's b-day party after that. Then watched a movie. The only down-side to the entire day was my back pain. I stood for the entire recital and most of the graduation party. I did get to sit at the 2nd party, as they had a recliner and I can sit in that.

My apologies to anyone else at LCF that sees me posting here and nowhere else. I'm just hurting too much to sit any longer!


we totaly understand silly girl.. I just hope it heals quick for you..

sounds like you had fun at all your events .. have a great day!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Needing hugs...

Had my dental appointment today. Doc says it is normal for my tooth to still be hurting and it could hurt for another month. I can handle that- really! What scared me was thinking that if it was still hurting now (which it is) that the surgery didn't work and it wouldn't ever be okay again. So I can wait a month and keep praying for good results. But the exam was scary and painful... he pushed his little mirror up against the surgery site while he was looking at the tooth, and it really hurt. I was afraid that he's tear open the incision that's trying to heal.

Also... we don't have dental insurance, and we've been paying at least $100 a month on this for over a year.... sometimes $150 and a couple of times $200. So we were down to $600 that we owed, and when they gave me a receipt for a payment today, the balance was back up to over $1000. It was my understanding that there would be no more charges, but I was apparently charged for the latest surgery. I guess he hadn't figured on having to do that. Well, I hadn't either!

But the horribly sad news came yesterday: My granddaughter and I were texting messages back and forth, talking about father's day. She was going to call her dad (our son) and talk with him for awhile. When we were done texting, I stuck my phone back in my purse, and there it stayed. I didn't hear it when my granddaughter sent another message a short while after her other one. But sometime after midnight, just as I was getting ready for bed, I was going to put my phone on the charger. That's when I saw her message. It said, "Grandma, please tell Daddy I'll call him later. I just learned that my best friend committed suicide."

I didn't get to talk to my dgd until about 10 a.m. today. She was crying when she answered the phone. Her friend was a lovely girl that went to school with dgd and was on her rugby team. They'd spent last Friday together as well as most of Saturday. Her friend did reveal that she was having some problems with depression and a couple of things going on at home. (Dgd told me what they were, but I'd rather not repeat them here. They weren't what you'd call earth-shattering, though.)

My heart is just breaking for Dgd, and for this girl's family. Dgd has had a lot of losses in her 16 years, and this is one of the worst. (When she was 8 her then-best friend died in a house fire.) In this past year she has lost a grandmother and two great-grandfathers. She was pretty close to dh's step-dad. Now this.

Praise God for His grace, His comfort and His mercy. I'm claiming Psalm 91:4 today!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Aww poor thing.. I will say some prayers for her and everyone that this has efected ..

I will also continue to pary for you my friend .. you'll heal up real soon!!

Keepin the Faith!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
How are you doing sweet pea? better I hope..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Still hurting, but dh and I went for a nice walk today. The weather was gorgeous! I made sure that while I was cleaning house today that I took lots of little breaks and got outside.

Breakfast was 2 LC chocolate chip cookies, and the rest went in the freezer!
Lunch was fresh pan fried trout, cheese, and cheese crackers (LC)
Dinner was kielbasa, cabbage, onions and pepper. Ate 2 more cookies....

Also drinking lots of peach iced tea. So good!

Lots of wonderful sounds, scents and sights today. I listened to an orchestra of birds... just amazing to hear all of the different calls and songs. Also enjoyed the distant sound of a boat motor, putting around the island. I listened to Christian music for awhile, too. A special treat was hearing my dd's voice. She was calling from Las Vegas, where she is attending a wedding. (She'll be here for 4th of July! Her foot surgery was postponed.)

Scents: newly mowed grass, leaves and fir needles warmed by the sun, the salty breeze from Puget Sound, laundry fresh from the dryer and freshly baked cookies.

Sights: adorable chipmunks at play in our backyard, a young buck with "velvet" on his antlers, lots of different birds, our lovely view of the forest and the Puget Sound, and beautiful blue sky

For "touch" I enjoyed cuddling with our kitties, feeling the vibration of our tabby's purr, getting a "kitty massage" from the tabby, and petting SIL's little Maltese... so silky!

I'm not concentrating so much on "taste" since I taste way too often anyway! But those chocolate chip cookies were divine...

I received a lovely thank-you card from a friend that just graduated from high school. She really made me feel appreciated! How sweet was that?! Also a thank-you message from another friend that really warmed my heart.

In the ups and downs of this roller-coaster life, I'd have to say that today was a very good day. Being able to focus on what I CAN do instead of what I can't do seems to help a lot. Still need to work on taking vitamins and supplements earlier in the day. Need to eat all meals earlier.... really messed up on waiting so long for dinner, but we had no idea what time it was until it was after 7 pm. We were visiting with SIL and the time just got away from us. I think the last 2 cookies were a result of being overly hungry by the time we got around to having dinner.

Hoping to get to bed earlier tonight. I got up super early, so I'm good and tired. We have friends coming next week, so I need to get on a decent schedule and start getting to bed before midnight!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:22 AM   #100
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Good MORNING my friend . your menu sounds delish.. especially dinner

So glad you had a good day ..hope today brings you and even better day!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Well, I didn't get to bed any earlier last night. I was headed in that direction when I realized I hadn't done the dinner dishes. Thought about leaving them for the morning, but decided to just get them out of the way.

Then I woke up too early again... I need to catch up on sleep before company comes! ACCCKKK!

Breakfast was an omelette with onions, mushrooms and smoky cheese. Lunch was a piece of spicy jack cheese and leftover cabbage and kielbasa from last night. I also had a piece of Russell Stover's SF peanut brittle. Dinner will be crab with butter, and a salad.

Hoping for a walk with DH this afternoon. It's warm enough, but has also been sprinkling on and off all day.

I'll probably be MIA most of this weekend and during the first half of next week. We have a B-day party for MIL with most of the in-laws tomorrow, and then company arrives either Sunday or Monday. Not looking forward to the party.... MIL is in advanced stages of Alzheimer's and doesn't know any of us. And the in-laws have seemingly all turned on us because they didn't think the distribution of property was fair when step-FIL died. (Dh and I had no say in the matter, but everyone is taking it out on us.) After a two-month headache of trying to get rid of a truck with $18,000 of debt attached to it, we want nothing more to do with any of it. Oh well... it's just one day and we can do this!

No change in my back... no better, no worse. I am just so thankful that only sitting and bending are affected. I can stand and I can walk, so that pretty much covers keeping my house clean and my dh fed! Thank you Lord!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #102
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Well, I didn't get to bed any earlier last night. I was headed in that direction when I realized I hadn't done the dinner dishes. Thought about leaving them for the morning, but decided to just get them out of the way.

Then I woke up too early again... I need to catch up on sleep before company comes! ACCCKKK!

Breakfast was an omelette with onions, mushrooms and smoky cheese. Lunch was a piece of spicy jack cheese and leftover cabbage and kielbasa from last night. I also had a piece of Russell Stover's SF peanut brittle. Dinner will be crab with butter, and a salad.

Hoping for a walk with DH this afternoon. It's warm enough, but has also been sprinkling on and off all day.

I'll probably be MIA most of this weekend and during the first half of next week. We have a B-day party for MIL with most of the in-laws tomorrow, and then company arrives either Sunday or Monday. Not looking forward to the party.... MIL is in advanced stages of Alzheimer's and doesn't know any of us. And the in-laws have seemingly all turned on us because they didn't think the distribution of property was fair when step-FIL died. (Dh and I had no say in the matter, but everyone is taking it out on us.) After a two-month headache of trying to get rid of a truck with $18,000 of debt attached to it, we want nothing more to do with any of it. Oh well... it's just one day and we can do this!

No change in my back... no better, no worse. I am just so thankful that only sitting and bending are affected. I can stand and I can walk, so that pretty much covers keeping my house clean and my dh fed! Thank you Lord!
well I hope things work out for you.... and with time your back will be in tip top shape..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Not going to post a lot right now... just posted on another thread, and after all the time I spent on it, I got a message saying that the moderator had to approve it before it would be posted. What's all that about???

My back is the same today... hurts to sit!

We went off-island today for a birthday party for MIL. About 21 of us showed up and it really was great. DH and I worried about everything for nothing!!! MIL had a great time, loved the pizza, loved the gifts (stuffed animals) and loved all of the attention.

MIL's Alzheimer's is getting worse. We noticed that sometimes she can't speak in full sentences. One time she said, "You can walk with me.... if you like." But a couple of minutes later, she uttered something like, "You know... other.... uh... other... (mumble)" We had no idea what she was trying to say. Dh tried to fill in some words for her to make sense of it, but we never did figure out what she was trying to say. Also, she keeps telling us her name, which lets us know that she doesn't know us. And when she tells us her name, she uses her real name and not the name she's gone by for at least the last 60 years.

I bought my iced tea maker today, and plan to make tea tomorrow. We spent the rest of the day looking at recliners. Saddest part was that there weren't any under about $1000 that we liked. The ones in the $499 - $699 range were either tacky looking, wobbly or too short for Dh. I don't know what we're going to do now. Probably procrastinate a few more years!

Well, I've already spent more time posting that I planned to. I'll be disappointed if this one doesn't show up either!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:59 AM   #104
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hmm I've never had that happen to be before so I have no idea what that was about??

bummer on the recliner.. ..

glad the party was good.. but so sad about MIL ..

you take it easy on that back..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #105
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
.. had to bring you back to page one ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #106
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
.. had to bring you back to page one ..
ditto.. where r u girly,,, hope your back is better by now
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
My back is still "out." Thought it was getting better, but one wrong move in bed (I'm not saying which move, LOL) and it's bad all over again. Rats! I'm standing at our breakfast bar as I write this... I'm going to have to find a time to get to the doctor. Maybe next week???

My tooth doesn't seem to be getting better, either.

We've had non-stop company for quite awhile now. The first batch was so helpful around the house that it felt like we were all on vacation. The ones since then...well, more like me taking care of everybody else and now I NEED a vacation! Then, when I thought it was safe to relax, more friends invited themselves to dinner. Normally I'd have been delighted, but I am getting a bit worn out now.

So... I'm here, but a little discouraged. Now we have scorching weather and aren't planning to get to the mainland for groceries anytime soon. I'm out of lettuce for salads, and other stuff we really need. And I don't want to go off plan for lack of having the right stuff!

Thanks for checking on me, ladies! Good to know someone cares! Hope things are going well for you.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #108
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Well you need to be more careful with those moves..

I DO HOPE YOUR BACK AND TOOTH gets better hun!!

don't be afraid to say " Oh I would love to have you over , but I really need to get my back on the mends".. followed by" can we have a rain check".. if they are good friends.. they will totally understand and be OK with it.. .. relax my friend..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Well, the last two days were a challenge... learned Wednesday afternoon that dd's surgery would be early Thursday a.m. That meant that if I was to drive to Portland I'd have to do it right then, because I couldn't get off the island early enough Thursday to get there. So I packed in a hurry and was off-island within about two hours. Whew!

Long, hot drive to Portland (thank God for air conditioning!) and by the time I was halfway there my back was really hurting. Looked for my meds and discovered they hadn't made it into my travel bag. Later, Dh told me they were left behind on the counter. I had some Tylenol in the glove compartment, so I made do with those. It helped a little.

I played Scrabble with my BFF until midnight, then headed to bed. Set my alarm for 5 a.m. but couldn't get to sleep. The last time I looked at the clock it was 3:15... <sigh> and then I woke up at 10 minutes before 5! ACK!!! I had no idea how I would make it through the day.... driving to the hospital, sitting in the waiting room, and then driving all the way back home. BFF pleaded with me to stay longer, but I wasn't feeling well enough to make for very good company. So, whenever I got really sleepy while driving, I'd pray. Seemed like God answered my prayers and woke me right up. There's no way I was going to drive sleepy!

Dd's surgery went well, but she says she has more pain than she's ever had after a surgery before (she says it was # 10 on her feet, but I'd lost track counting awhile back.) They rammed some kind of rod into her foot to hold everthing in place while they removed old hardware and put in new plates. They also took bone from her shin and grafted it into her foot. (It would be interesting to see a diagram to fully understand the whole process.)

Maybe the most difficult part of the day was driving by the ferry dock as the cars were loading, because I wanted so badly to get on it and get home! But I had shopping to do while on the mainland... an opportunity I couldn't afford to miss. So I drove on by, headed to Trader Joe's, and bought chicken, lettuce, sour cream, bread for dh and a few other things. Enough to skip another shopping trip for awhile, so nice $$$ savings. I caught the second-to-last ferry back home and collapsed in my comfiest chair. Didn't bother unpacking, although I did help unload the car. Dh put away groceries, bless his heart. Think I'll keep that guy...

Today was a kick-back kind of day, with the temperature near 100. I made flax muffins this a.m. (with dh complaining about me heating up the kitchen, doncha know!) Just realized I never had lunch, but I'm not hungry and it's almost time for dinner.

No exercise today... maybe I can get up early tomorrow and walk before it gets too hot.

So... dear friends reading this.... will you pray for my dd? She's way too young to be in so much pain all the time, and I'd like to see her be able to get rid of those darned pain meds! TIA

Raini... not checking for spelling/and or keyboarding errors....
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #110
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Whew I am ready to go back to bed just from reading all this..lol.. I will pray for your DD... .. and continue my prayers for you

one of the salesmen here talk about Trader Joes.. about spices.. I've never been to one..

I hope you get lots of rest sweetie.. you need some with that back trying to heal...
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Apparently we haven't had enough excitement in our lives, because now DH's db has had a heart attack and needs bypass surgery. He can't have it yet, however, because he has an on-going infection in his leg that they want cleared up first. SIL was in a terrible accident last year and suffered a brain injury, so she's unable to work. They have no insurance, medical expenses of $1400 per month and BIL only earns $1300 per month. SIL was on unemployment, but they demanded she pay back all she received when they learned she was disabled. She's already been turned down for one form of disability, and is applying for another. (I don't understand this stuff other than if you've paid into it most of your life you probably aren't eligible to get any of it back.)

SIL may have damaged her brain, but she still has a sense of humor. She said she's going to nominate her mother for President. She said she knows how to handle a budget, and she'll spank all the congressmen and put them to bed until they can do their jobs right. Maybe not a bad idea...

Nicer weather today. Maybe I can get outside for a nice walk.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #112
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Apparently we haven't had enough excitement in our lives, because now DH's db has had a heart attack and needs bypass surgery. He can't have it yet, however, because he has an on-going infection in his leg that they want cleared up first. SIL was in a terrible accident last year and suffered a brain injury, so she's unable to work. They have no insurance, medical expenses of $1400 per month and BIL only earns $1300 per month. SIL was on unemployment, but they demanded she pay back all she received when they learned she was disabled. She's already been turned down for one form of disability, and is applying for another. (I don't understand this stuff other than if you've paid into it most of your life you probably aren't eligible to get any of it back.)

SIL may have damaged her brain, but she still has a sense of humor. She said she's going to nominate her mother for President. She said she knows how to handle a budget, and she'll spank all the congressmen and put them to bed until they can do their jobs right. Maybe not a bad idea...

Nicer weather today. Maybe I can get outside for a nice walk.
oh wow.. so sorry to hear all that .. my prayers are with them..

hope you get your walk in hun
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Asking for prayer for me tonight... please pray against "depression." Not sure why I'm feeling so low... maybe a bunch of reasons or maybe no real ones at all. I ate right today but I just feel like I want to cry myself to sleep.

I already have "cheer up" on my list for tomorrow. Hope it works... LOL
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #114
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
hey sweetie. I sure will pray for you hun.. .. how much fat are you eating? they say alot of low fat eaters get depressed.. you might wanna eat something high in the good fats!!...
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Well, I did better the next day and since then. Not sure what that was all about, but it was "deep, dark and scary." I've suffered from deep bouts of depression ever since I was about 6 years old; but I've done much better the last few years and have never had to use any medications for it. (Maybe I should have at one point, but never have.)

This morning I was anxious, upset and felt like I was "broken," a total screw-up with no hope of ever doing any better. Then at church, the pastor reminded us that Jesus was a carpenter and loves to fix broken things! Wow... just when I needed to hear it!

Kind of on an "up" right now because we're considering a cruise in December... even have friends who want to go, too!

Thanks for your prayers, Monet!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #116
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Well, I did better the next day and since then. Not sure what that was all about, but it was "deep, dark and scary." I've suffered from deep bouts of depression ever since I was about 6 years old; but I've done much better the last few years and have never had to use any medications for it. (Maybe I should have at one point, but never have.)

This morning I was anxious, upset and felt like I was "broken," a total screw-up with no hope of ever doing any better. Then at church, the pastor reminded us that Jesus was a carpenter and loves to fix broken things! Wow... just when I needed to hear it!

Kind of on an "up" right now because we're considering a cruise in December... even have friends who want to go, too!

Thanks for your prayers, Monet!
Your welcome sweetie pie ..

yes Jesus was a carpenter and he LOVES to help us in anyway.. big or small.. ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Really late breakfast today... had furniture techs here today to repair our Great Room furniture (couldn't be done! long story...) and they just left. I was trying to remember what my food plan was for today, and I did: for breakfast, I am trying an Atkins recipe from their website "baked eggs." Kind of like poached, but with cream and parmesan cheese on top. I'm going to add some pre-cooked bacon on top near the end.

Lunch will probably be tuna wrapped in lettuce, and dinner is another wiener roast with friends... wieners because most of the guests will be little kids. I do need to figure out what I can have with the hot dog, or else I'll cave in and eat the same stuff as everyone else.

Hoping for a walk with dh and grandson... I'm all dressed for it! Maybe we'll do one of the fun trails on the island. I'll have to check the tides first, because the one I'm thinking of goes down to the water at the end.

I have two friends doing WLS, and I don't want to get left behind.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:55 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I've been having a really, really good week. Just been too busy to post about it! LOL

We've been hiking on woodsy trails, and I love it! Maybe wish they weren't so steep, but I keep reminding myself how good they are for me.

Today we took a trail through the woods and down-down-down-down to the beach, way at the bottom of a...well, I guess it's a cliff. There are some stairs, and then a slide-trail that was really scary. Then more stairs, and finally some dock-like things to cross the water to the beach. It was 45 minutes to the beach, then we walked on the beach for a long time. We sat for awhile, and then ascended all those stairs and climbed all those hills back to the Jeep. Funny- it was just 35 minutes back, and with all those hills! But we did take another path for awhile on the way down, and then back-tracked. So that took some time.

I loved the earthy-forest-y smells- the sun warming the fir needles, the pungent scent of the Madrona leaves, and flowers and the sea breeze. Ummmmm! The sun felt so good, with enough of a breeze to keep us from getting too warm. I know I added a layer of color to my skin today! (And I think one of those colors is red... I can feel it on my neck.)

I'm doing better with meal planning this week. Three days I've had a breakfast that was on the Atkins website: Cheesy (or creamy?) baked eggs. Oh, yum! They are kind of like poached eggs, but you start with a teaspoon of butter in the bottom of a dish/bowl, add the egg, pour a tablespoon of cream over the egg, and then sprinkle a tablespoon of parmesan cheese over all of it. I've also added cooked bacon to the top, and it is so wonderful. Makes me feel like I'm being spoiled at a fancy restaurant.

Today breakfast was just one Hebrew National hotdog with mustard. I wanted protein for breakfast, but just a small meal before hiking. Lunch was a tossed salad with bleu cheese. Dinner was a steak and some steamer clams. I had a LC chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

Yesterday I had the baked eggs for breakfast, an Atkins shake for lunch and a crab salad for dinner. I did eat too many peanuts for snacks, though.

I have all the fixin's for a cold coconut shrimp soup... but don't tell DH. He hates cold soup! So I hope it tastes good hot, too-- because I can certainly heat up his. So either clam chowder or the shrimp soup for tomorrow night.

Oh- back to the exercise: when I'm not walking, I'm bouncing. On my rebounder, of course. It may not look so great in the Great Room, but it's right out there where I can (and do) use it. I aim for 5 times of 200 bounces a day.

Decided on a mini-goal of 262 by August 10. How can you hit a target if there isn't one? So I needed to set a goal. I chose ten pounds because my friend has to lose another ten pounds before her surgery. I seem to spend a lot of time at plateaus. Time to set a lower plateau! LOL

Big day tomorrow with friends at the campground. Guess I should get some sleep.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #119
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hey there pretty lady.. ..

sounds like your week was a GREAT one!!.. good for you getting out there hiking and enjoying Gods beautiful landscapes.. ..LOVE it!!

as I was rinding bikes with the boys last night.. the sun was setting.. it was that pretty pink and purple color.. .. and on the other side.. I believe was a full moon.. if not full.. pretty dern close to it.. and there were a little fluffy clouds close to it.. it was just beautiful out .. as the wind went through my hair.. I was loving it
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Hey Monet! We were looking at the very same moon! We must live pretty close... LOL

Big day yesterday-- church first, then a wait for the ferry (very long line with all of the "Wash-ashores" wanting to go home at the end of the week-end.) Then a long wait on the freeway. (I swear, most of those cars need bumper stickers that say, "I brake for no apparent reason.") Arrived a little late at niece's engagement party. Happy occasion, getting married to a very nice, Godly young man. Very nice party, and I stayed 99% on plan. Caved at the last minute.... said no thank you to cake and ice cream, but it was the most LOVELY cake and everyone was saying it was the best they'd ever had. I finally had about 1/2 inch slice... just a couple of bites, but I know I shouldn't have.
More freeway time.... argghhh! I do not like leaving the island and joining the rat race! Caught the 6:30 ferry just as they were boarding, and after a drive through the campground and a few other places, we were home by 7:30. And pretty worn out, but a "good" worn out.

Today, once again, we are trying to reach the furniture company that sold us $3600 worth of #^$%^% furniture. They transfer us from one person to another, leave us on hold a long time, and end up disconnecting us or sending us on to voice mail. We're going on 5 months of game playing. We'd like them to come up with a workable game plan for fixing the stuff, or just give us our money back. The owner of the company finally promised to call me back in 30 minutes... and that was 45 minutes ago. Is it time to get an attorney? The stress isn't good for me. I know that in the scheme of God's plan for my life, this is such an insignificant thing. But living with furniture that looks horrible and causes pain when we sit in it is really difficult.

Anyway... breakfast was an omelette. I'm getting ready to fix a big jug of peach or raspberry iced tea. Lunch... maybe tuna salad? Dinner- hamburgers, no bun for me. Maybe salad. Hopefully I'll remember to fix the zucchini.

Wishing a blessed day to all who stop by my journal today!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.