Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #1141
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Maybe, Lisa.... maybe!

Did very well today... exercised before breakfast, stayed on plan all day, remembered my meds and supplements... that sort of thing.

B- 2 eggs, scrambled, with bacon and Sambal Olaek (hot sauce!)
L- Atkins shake plus 2 carbs worth of raw nuts
D- Low carb Chili, 2 organic hotdogs, 1 ounce cheese and some onions
dessert- 1/2 piece SF candy (orange stick) and 1/2 piece SF Almond Roca

I may have tea with cream this evening.
well done today and great portion control on the nuts..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #1142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
A great day on program-

One session on the rebounder...
B- scrambled eggs and bacon with a little cheese and hot sauce
L- one slice cheese, about 7 raw nuts
S- 1/3 Atkins bar 2nd snack- low carb chocolate chip cookie
D- low carb deep dish pizza, small tossed green salad w/bleu cheese dressing
S- another small choc. chip cookie, LC
hot tea w/cream

Eating less because I'm busy making cards and gifts and I don't like to take out time for eating. Not the healthiest reason, but better than craving food all day and giving in to it.

Tomorrow is the dreaded crafting day. I have a piece of my low carb pizza and a small salad packed and ready to go. Haven't figured out what to take-- I have a lot of things to do, but nothing small and portable. I may look for a crochet needle and take my little knitting loom (since I flunked "real" knitting! LOL)
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #1143
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
A great day on program-

One session on the rebounder...
B- scrambled eggs and bacon with a little cheese and hot sauce
L- one slice cheese, about 7 raw nuts
S- 1/3 Atkins bar 2nd snack- low carb chocolate chip cookie
D- low carb deep dish pizza, small tossed green salad w/bleu cheese dressing
S- another small choc. chip cookie, LC
hot tea w/cream

Eating less because I'm busy making cards and gifts and I don't like to take out time for eating. Not the healthiest reason, but better than craving food all day and giving in to it.

Tomorrow is the dreaded crafting day. I have a piece of my low carb pizza and a small salad packed and ready to go. Haven't figured out what to take-- I have a lot of things to do, but nothing small and portable. I may look for a crochet needle and take my little knitting loom (since I flunked "real" knitting! LOL)
what kind of gifts are you making??

and be strong at the crafty thing
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #1144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
what kind of gifts are you making??
I'm making a mini baby album-- a very "artsy"" sort of thing with lots of pockets, tags and secret hiding places.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #1145
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I'm making a mini baby album-- a very "artsy"" sort of thing with lots of pockets, tags and secret hiding places.
SOUNDS NICE
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today- making up a recipe for ginger chicken wings. They turned out really yummy! I'm taking them to a surprise b-day party tonight. Hope I can stay out of the other stuff!

I don't have any amounts listed, 'cuz I just "winged it." Get it? I winged it. Chicken wings? Guess you had to be here...

So, I minced fresh ginger and garlic together, then sent them on a ride in my mini-food processor. I add sesame oil and soy sauce and Splenda. Finally I used about a half bottle of ICE lemon-lime beverage. I marinated the wings for about an hour, browned them in a skillet and then baked them in the oven for about 40 minutes. Sooooo yummy!

I didn't have enough marinade for the whole bag of wings, so the rest of the wings got doused with Smokin' Joe Jones SF barbecue sauce. They turned out great as well.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #1147
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today- making up a recipe for ginger chicken wings. They turned out really yummy! I'm taking them to a surprise b-day party tonight. Hope I can stay out of the other stuff!

I don't have any amounts listed, 'cuz I just "winged it." Get it? I winged it. Chicken wings? Guess you had to be here...

So, I minced fresh ginger and garlic together, then sent them on a ride in my mini-food processor. I add sesame oil and soy sauce and Splenda. Finally I used about a half bottle of ICE lemon-lime beverage. I marinated the wings for about an hour, browned them in a skillet and then baked them in the oven for about 40 minutes. Sooooo yummy!

I didn't have enough marinade for the whole bag of wings, so the rest of the wings got doused with Smokin' Joe Jones SF barbecue sauce. They turned out great as well.

sounds tatsy tatsy!!.. have fun
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #1148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
We have close to a foot of snow here! For those of you back east or in the midwest, that is a LOT of snow for us here on the west coast. It is gorgeous, but it's not supposed to last. A few days of this stuff is nice... not like when it keeps piling up and gets all dirty and nasty-looking. It is so pretty and clean right now!

Not sure we'll have power all day. The winds are kicking up and on this island that means trees and limbs will be coming down.

DIL had a brief meeting with a fire hydrant yesterday. She wasn't hurt but the car suffered a bit. I'm just glad she's safe.

Looks like a day for hot cocoa, tea and album-making. Nice...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #1149
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
That just sounds so nice and relaxing, Raini! Enjoy yourself, sweetie.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #1150
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
We have close to a foot of snow here! For those of you back east or in the midwest, that is a LOT of snow for us here on the west coast. It is gorgeous, but it's not supposed to last. A few days of this stuff is nice... not like when it keeps piling up and gets all dirty and nasty-looking. It is so pretty and clean right now!

Not sure we'll have power all day. The winds are kicking up and on this island that means trees and limbs will be coming down.

DIL had a brief meeting with a fire hydrant yesterday. She wasn't hurt but the car suffered a bit. I'm just glad she's safe.

Looks like a day for hot cocoa, tea and album-making. Nice...
time to build a snow man
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #1151
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
I wonder if snowmen are just as irritating as the real thing . . .
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #1152
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
I wonder if snowmen are just as irritating as the real thing . . .
.. the answer must be no.. they dont move or talk..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #1153
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Livywilltim-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 9,220
Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Sorry about DIL's bump...I hope she is still feeling ok.

Enjoy and KEEP the snow JK, I enjoy it as well...can you tell I work at a school and look forward to those occassional snow days??
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #1154
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
.. the answer must be no.. they dont move or talk..
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #1155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Have been AWOL, but not intentional! We were without power for nearly 5 days, and no phone or internet for part of that time as well. Now we're just catching up on laundry and other stuff we couldn't get done without power.

Spent 9 hours on the mainland Monday re-stocking supplies. We hadn't shopped in three weeks.

I now have LC menus and am actually following them! We had Linda Sue's Seoul Chicken last night, and we're having her green bean and hamburger casserole tonight. I feel so much better when eating on plan.

Except today it is after noon and I haven't had breakfast yet. BBL...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #1156
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Have been AWOL, but not intentional! We were without power for nearly 5 days, and no phone or internet for part of that time as well. Now we're just catching up on laundry and other stuff we couldn't get done without power.

Spent 9 hours on the mainland Monday re-stocking supplies. We hadn't shopped in three weeks.

I now have LC menus and am actually following them! We had Linda Sue's Seoul Chicken last night, and we're having her green bean and hamburger casserole tonight. I feel so much better when eating on plan.

Except today it is after noon and I haven't had breakfast yet. BBL...
glad the powers back on....
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #1157
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Wow . . . no power in the wintertime . . . UGH! Try and stay warm!!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #1158
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Wow . . . no power in the wintertime . . . UGH! Try and stay warm!!
she lives on an island.. not sure how cold it gets there.. :/ most Islands are warmmmmmm... or not as cold as it gets inland anyway..:P...

HOW cold does it get there girly????
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #1159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
she lives on an island.. not sure how cold it gets there.. :/ most Islands are warmmmmmm... or not as cold as it gets inland anyway..:P...

HOW cold does it get there girly????
It's 30 degrees right now... but we're warm and cozy at the moment.

MIL fell on Wednesday, splitting open her chin and fracturing her jaw, which in turn pushed up and through her inner ear. We spent most of Wednesday in the ER at one hospital, and all of Thursday in another hospital ER where they had transferred her and STILL no answers about when and IF they are going to do surgery! At first we were told they were transferring her because the specialist was at the other hospital; after 22 hours in the 2nd ER we were told the specialist wanted her to come to his office! Is he nuts???

Just popped in with the above news... need to get ready to head back to the hospital on the 11 am ferry. (Did pretty good Wednesday staying on program, but yesterday all you-know-what broke lose and I think I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. Praying I can stay on track today.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #1160
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
It's 30 degrees right now... but we're warm and cozy at the moment.
MIL fell on Wednesday, splitting open her chin and fracturing her jaw, which in turn pushed up and through her inner ear. We spent most of Wednesday in the ER at one hospital, and all of Thursday in another hospital ER where they had transferred her and STILL no answers about when and IF they are going to do surgery! At first we were told they were transferring her because the specialist was at the other hospital; after 22 hours in the 2nd ER we were told the specialist wanted her to come to his office! Is he nuts???

Just popped in with the above news... need to get ready to head back to the hospital on the 11 am ferry. (Did pretty good Wednesday staying on program, but yesterday all you-know-what broke lose and I think I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. Praying I can stay on track today.
well, so much for my Island dreams..lol... think 30 is cccold..lol.. seriously.. I thought Islands were always warm.. :/.. bummer...

I hope your mil recovers fast ..poor thing

our Dusky is in hiding again.. I think.. haven't heard from her in a few days.. she isn't answering my text... hmmm... idk.. I hope she is just super busy.. but still on track wither nutrition and exercise..

TTFN
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #1161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
MIL still waiting for the specialist to show up. How would he like it if his mother sat in a hospital, day after day, waiting for a doc that never showed up??? Not to mention that we have to drive off-island every single day, sit in the hospital day after day, and then pay a King's ransom to come home on the ferry again every day!

Someone (was it you, sweet Lisa?) must have been praying for me today! I was sure that I could not possibly stay on plan with all this stress, but I did!!! I got lost at the mall on the way to the hospital, and got in a LOT of walking! Then I got lost at the hospital a few times, getting lots more exercise. I had leftover "dinner" for breakfast and when it came time for a late lunch, there was "Low Carb Special" on the menu. I had NO excuse not to eat on plan! Only problem is- it's now past dinner time and I'm still not hungry.

We need prayer that the specialist will show up tomorrow and get MIL on the surgery schedule... and then do a great job with the surgery! Also need prayer that we'll get some rest and have a chance to de-stress somehow during all this stuff.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #1162
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
MIL still waiting for the specialist to show up. How would he like it if his mother sat in a hospital, day after day, waiting for a doc that never showed up??? Not to mention that we have to drive off-island every single day, sit in the hospital day after day, and then pay a King's ransom to come home on the ferry again every day!

Someone (was it you, sweet Lisa?) must have been praying for me today! I was sure that I could not possibly stay on plan with all this stress, but I did!!! I got lost at the mall on the way to the hospital, and got in a LOT of walking! Then I got lost at the hospital a few times, getting lots more exercise. I had leftover "dinner" for breakfast and when it came time for a late lunch, there was "Low Carb Special" on the menu. I had NO excuse not to eat on plan! Only problem is- it's now past dinner time and I'm still not hungry.

We need prayer that the specialist will show up tomorrow and get MIL on the surgery schedule... and then do a great job with the surgery! Also need prayer that we'll get some rest and have a chance to de-stress somehow during all this stuff.
I ALWAYS PRAY FOR MY FRIENDS HERE.. oops,.. sorry about the caps..lol.. for some reason every morning I come in to work.. its on caps..

Good for you for sticking to plan.. ... I am gonna start low carb again Monday.. D may be a little upset.. but low calorie is just hard for me.. I like the options in low calorie.. but I tend to go over board..I need something more "set in stone" so to speak.... I just know what to eat with low carb.. low cal is a guessing game to me.. ..

anywho.. the best of luck for MIL..

have a lovely day!!!
__________________
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
/▌*˛˚ღ •˚✿˚…Just sprinkling some Lve… ~♥~˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚*✿˚ ★ღ GD BLESS
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #1163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
MIL fell on Wednesday. We were told she would have surgery Wednesday night. Nope. Then Thursday morning. Nope. Then Friday. Nope. Then this morning. Nope.

She has not been seen by a doctor even one time since going to the hospital. She's been in bed around the clock since arriving at the first ER Wednesday. This is a woman who is usually fidgeting constantly, and always moving about.

We waited, once again, ALL day for a specialist who still has not shown up. Around 1 pm we were told "he is on his way up." About 3:45 pm SIL announced, "We're out of here. I'm not coming back." Well, I know she'll be going back, and so will I. But I understand her frustration.

I've worked in a hospital for about 16 years. I know what to do when there are problems with the nursing staff or with the care given; but I have no idea what to do when a doctor doesn't show up to see a patient when he is supposed to. At one point he said he didn't need to see her at the hospital- that she should come in to his office. Another specialist got mad and insisted the other doc come in. Is this just a matter of someone with a big ego and a stubborn will? I'm SO stressed!

Didn't do so well with eating today. Bought cookies on the way home because I was so hungry and craving sweets. A lot of good THAT did for me!

We'll have to wait to see what tomorrow brings.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #1164
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
How frustrating, Raini . I hope you are able to get things straightened out. Is there any way you can go to the administrator of the hospital and ask them why your MIL isn't getting the care that is needed?

Hang in there, woman. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you are caring for others.

dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #1165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
The trauma doc finally spoke w/ SIL today. He was very upset that MIL had not been seen by the other specialist. Long story short- MIL will be examined head to toe tomorrow, and then a physical therapist will determine if she is fit to start walking (if they can wake her up!) and then she MAY go to a rehab center to get her walking every day so she can go back to her group home. Surgery might not happen, as they are concerned it might be too much for her. They seem to think the jaw might heal on its own. Kind of concerns me, but SIL has POA and I don't!

So--- I MIGHT have a "regular" day at home tomorrow!

I've been having headaches... maybe stress, maybe lack of sleep, maybe sinus infection.... maybe all of the above, but I'll be glad to take it easy for a day and see if that helps.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #1166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Slept til 7am this morning, then went back to bed and finally got back to sleep a little after 8:30. The phone woke me at 10:15, but this is the first day I've slept long enough NOT to have a headache, so I'm happy.

Just read an e-mail from a friend traveling in California. Her descriptions of the warm sun, gentle breezes and all the flowers have me a little envious. Seems like all we do here during the winter is "endure." However, given the events of this past week, I guess I'm glad we stayed here thus far--- SIL needed us to help with the MIL situation.

I'm hopefully optimistic that I can stay on program today. Even though it's a late start this morning, I'll fix a healthy breakfast and start planning dinner early. No idea what's on the menu, but I plan to include a nice salad.

Some exercise on the Rebounder sounds good about now.

Wishing everyone a great day filled with God's blessings!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #1167
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
howdy just checkin in,,, how are things over there on the Island? Good I hope .. I'm still kicking and screaming here in Indiana...lol..

Monday.. I am back on low carb... FOR SURE
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #1168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
howdy just checkin in,,, how are things over there on the Island? Good I hope .. I'm still kicking and screaming here in Indiana...lol..

Monday.. I am back on low carb... FOR SURE
Hi Yourself!

I messed up at the crafting day again! Took a lovely salad and yummy chicken wings, and STILL ate tempting goodies others had brought. I am NOT going there next week for sure- someone is hosting some food catalog party, and there will be goodies galore and nothing that I can have. Someone got kind of catty with me and said, "You can't even have the spices?" :duh: Sure, but won't the spices be in spreads that go on crackers and breads? And the desserts are decadent... am I going to eat a spoonful of spread while others are eating gooey desserts? I don't think so. It will be a good day to stay home and take care of ME.

I stayed up late last night to clean up the kitchen. Thought it would be a good idea to cut up a big jicama before it goes bad, but also sliced a big gash in my hand. I was looking at the clock (12:30 am) and thinking, "I don't want to wake up the guys in the fire department" and then realized there's nothing they can legally do anymore about a cut except clean it up (which I could do, albeit one-handed!) They aren't allowed to do stitches or even butterfly a cut anymore. So I got the bleeding stopped, cleaned it up, covered it with gauze and wrapped it to keep pressure on it. Didn't even wake up dh.

I am so discouraged about my lack of will power. I stay on program all day long, and then start snacking late in the day. Low carb is awful for cheaters, because the high fat idea only works if you STAY on program! Otherwise, I just gain weight even faster than usual. I've been praying about it. There must be an answer...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #1169
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Hi Yourself!

I messed up at the crafting day again! Took a lovely salad and yummy chicken wings, and STILL ate tempting goodies others had brought. I am NOT going there next week for sure- someone is hosting some food catalog party, and there will be goodies galore and nothing that I can have. Someone got kind of catty with me and said, "You can't even have the spices?" :duh: Sure, but won't the spices be in spreads that go on crackers and breads? And the desserts are decadent... am I going to eat a spoonful of spread while others are eating gooey desserts? I don't think so. It will be a good day to stay home and take care of ME.

I stayed up late last night to clean up the kitchen. Thought it would be a good idea to cut up a big jicama before it goes bad, but also sliced a big gash in my hand. I was looking at the clock (12:30 am) and thinking, "I don't want to wake up the guys in the fire department" and then realized there's nothing they can legally do anymore about a cut except clean it up (which I could do, albeit one-handed!) They aren't allowed to do stitches or even butterfly a cut anymore. So I got the bleeding stopped, cleaned it up, covered it with gauze and wrapped it to keep pressure on it. Didn't even wake up dh.

I am so discouraged about my lack of will power. I stay on program all day long, and then start snacking late in the day. Low carb is awful for cheaters, because the high fat idea only works if you STAY on program! Otherwise, I just gain weight even faster than usual. I've been praying about it. There must be an answer...
OUCH... poor thing..

for me,,, once I get in the zone of lc... I am in the zone.. for a while anyway.. till something happens and boom.. doing this low cal.. is driving me nuts..lol.. so.. monday.. is it!!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #1170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,371
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Made LC choc chip cookies last night- the ones I planned to make a few weeks ago until we lost power. Guess I caught up enough on everything else to finally justify some time in the kitchen.

Well, count down is on for Super Bowl Sunday. We have about 30 peeps coming over to watch the game. We invited more than we thought would come over, but they're pretty much all coming. I'm making room in the loft for some of the gals that come to play Scrabble instead of watching the game. Even if they want to see the game, they can look over the balcony. Hoping to make more room for folks to move around in the Great Room that way.

Dh is fixing chili (okay, I'll be making the chili) and nachos, and others are all bringing their favorite appetizers. So I figured I'd better come up with low carb alternatives for me. Celery sticks with cream cheese will be one, and I have my low carb chili from Netrition for another... and my cookies. Yes, it's plenty to eat, but will it be enough once I see all the other yummy things?

We're also planning a trip to the beach in a couple of weeks. Renting a little cabin and taking the kitties with us. I told DH that the best way (probably the only way) to help me stay on program at the beach is if I'm able to stay on program from now until we go. If I keep on messing up at home, there's like a zero chance I can stay on track at the beach. And it's important that I do, because friends are going with us that watch what I eat, tempt me to eat other stuff, and then criticize me when I do! We will have separate cabins AND kitchens, though... so that should help.

Did well on LC yesterday-
B- Scrambled eggs with bacon
L- green salad and 2 oz cheese, plus 1 TBL SF peanut butter
D- acorn squash, broccoli and pot roast
S- LC chocolate chip cookies
S- handful of nuts... yes, probably too many but so much better than I've been doing lately
Also bought a bottle of a "diet" Acai beverage. 4 carbs per cup, but I only drink 3 or 4 ounces and it's loaded with good stuff and no aspartame.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.