Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #1111
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Stayed on plan again. Didn't actually plan things out, but ate low carb and exercised. Should have written down what I ate, but now I'll try to remember:
B- Atkins bar, scrambled eggs w/bacon and cheese
L- (Really late) low carb chili, two Hebrew Nat'l hot dogs and cheese
S- low carb cookie and one piece of ChocoPerfection raspberry bar
D- 3 slices beef stick, 1 slice Havarti cheese with fondue
S- nuts (Nuts!)

No partying for these folks tonight! Boy, do I feel old. Anyway, dh has to set up the sound system at church early tomorrow, and we just didn't feel like going out and eating a bunch of junk. So we're home. Dh is already in bed. I'm planning to stay awake until midnight, but only to calm the kitties down when the fireworks start.

Wow- I guess it's already another year for most of youse guys!
we didn't go out either.. just stayed in.. a friend of mine came over.. we yacked and I did her nails for her..we watched the ball drop.. then she went home..exciting huh..

Have a great day..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #1112
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,837
Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
I went to workout after 2012 started . . . nothing exciting about that, either.
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!
 
bekki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Posts: 2,524
Gallery: bekki1
Stats: 172.1/156.2/150
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 4/9/12
Happy New Year friend. I think this is our yeqr to drop this weight.
How have you been?
bekki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #1114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekki1 View Post
Happy New Year friend. I think this is our yeqr to drop this weight.
How have you been?
Absolutely the year to lose weight! Finally feeling like the house catastrophe is behind us and we can get on with our lives.

How are you???
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #1115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Breakfast (way too late) scrambled eggs w/bacon
Lunch-Atkins bar
Dinner- "dh special burger" 2 handmade beef patties, grilled, and then sauteed onions and cheese in between the patties, topped w/sour cream. Also 1/2 tomato w/mayo
Snack- nuts
TEA?
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #1116
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Breakfast (way too late) scrambled eggs w/bacon
Lunch-Atkins bar
Dinner- "dh special burger" 2 handmade beef patties, grilled, and then sauteed onions and cheese in between the patties, topped w/sour cream. Also 1/2 tomato w/mayo
Snack- nuts
TEA?
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #1117
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,837
Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Those special burgers sound wonderful!
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Those special burgers sound wonderful!
They were pretty good. He put too much salt in them, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I did finally tell him, and teased him that he'd better not try to give me a heart attack! He said he'd be more careful with the salt from now on, and even gave me permission to mention the salt issue to you and Lisa! LOL

He's making turkey soup tomorrow. Yum!

************************************************** ***********

It sure feels good to get to this time of night and know that I stayed on track all day! Prolly not nearly enough carbs, but better that than too many.

Evening treat was a big cup of hot chai tea (decaf) with Stevia and cream. Also had one chocolate chip cookie (homemade low carb) with the last little bit of tea.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #1119
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
They were pretty good. He put too much salt in them, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I did finally tell him, and teased him that he'd better not try to give me a heart attack! He said he'd be more careful with the salt from now on, and even gave me permission to mention the salt issue to you and Lisa! LOL
He's making turkey soup tomorrow. Yum!

************************************************** ***********

It sure feels good to get to this time of night and know that I stayed on track all day! Prolly not nearly enough carbs, but better that than too many.

Evening treat was a big cup of hot chai tea (decaf) with Stevia and cream. Also had one chocolate chip cookie (homemade low carb) with the last little bit of tea.
.. very nice of him hehehe.. Thanks to him..

special burgers...does he give out his recipes??? Hmm.. inquiring minds would like to know.. maybe we want special burgers too..

turkey soup.. sounds good.. yummm
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #1120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Smells like Thanksgiving in here today! Soup's on!

Dh keeps asking if he can use this or that or the other thing in his soup. He wanted my green pepper, then he wanted my red pepper, then he asked if he could use my jicama. Hey, we just went shopping and those are all my veggies!!! Hope he didn't use up my whole package of celery.

I know what's for lunch.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #1121
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Smells like Thanksgiving in here today! Soup's on!

Dh keeps asking if he can use this or that or the other thing in his soup. He wanted my green pepper, then he wanted my red pepper, then he asked if he could use my jicama. Hey, we just went shopping and those are all my veggies!!! Hope he didn't use up my whole package of celery.

I know what's for lunch.
This Jicama.. what does it taste like??? I've been wondering about it.. Think I heard you can make mock french frys with this stuff????

oh and at least he is asking.... good hubby
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #1122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
This Jicama.. what does it taste like??? I've been wondering about it.. Think I heard you can make mock french frys with this stuff????

oh and at least he is asking.... good hubby
Jicama, to me, tastes like a cross between a raw potato and an apple. They are wonderful when you drizzle lime juice over them, and I like them with lime juice and cayenne pepper sprinkled over them.

I make hash browns with them... you grate them up like hash browns, then boil them in water and chicken broth "forever." Then fry them up- yum!

I read somewhere recently that you can make "mock apples" with them by slicing them and then boiling them with cinnamon and adding sweetener. I might try this tonight and if so, I'll let you know how it turns out.

I haven't tried the fries yet. We do have a Fry Baby that we've never used. (I bought it with points from my panty hose- LOL!) I suppose we could give 'em a try, too!

Jicama seems to spoil quickly, and you have to make sure it's good when you buy it. Look for a smooth surface without any mold. We recently found some dipped in wax to help preserve it, I think-- but it was already bad when we cut it open! Most stores around here are good about letting you bring it back and replacing it.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #1123
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Jicama, to me, tastes like a cross between a raw potato and an apple. They are wonderful when you drizzle lime juice over them, and I like them with lime juice and cayenne pepper sprinkled over them.

I make hash browns with them... you grate them up like hash browns, then boil them in water and chicken broth "forever." Then fry them up- yum!

I read somewhere recently that you can make "mock apples" with them by slicing them and then boiling them with cinnamon and adding sweetener. I might try this tonight and if so, I'll let you know how it turns out.

I haven't tried the fries yet. We do have a Fry Baby that we've never used. (I bought it with points from my panty hose- LOL!) I suppose we could give 'em a try, too!

Jicama seems to spoil quickly, and you have to make sure it's good when you buy it. Look for a smooth surface without any mold. We recently found some dipped in wax to help preserve it, I think-- but it was already bad when we cut it open! Most stores around here are good about letting you bring it back and replacing it.
Ohh I c.. it all sounds good except for the cayenne pepper.. :/ lol

let me know about the apple thing
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #1124
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,837
Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I did finally tell him, and teased him that he'd better not try to give me a heart attack! He said he'd be more careful with the salt from now on, and even gave me permission to mention the salt issue to you and Lisa! LOL
Ummm . . . Raini? I think when DH said he was going to be more careful with the salt from now on, he might have meant, "CURSES! MY EVIL PLOT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED! I will just have to find another means and be more careful so that she doesn't discover this one."

(I think I've read one too many Nancy Drew books, what do you think?)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
We do have a Fry Baby that we've never used. (I bought it with points from my panty hose- LOL!) I suppose we could give 'em a try, too!
Now that created an interesting mental image.
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #1125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Ummm . . . Raini? I think when DH said he was going to be more careful with the salt from now on, he might have meant, "CURSES! MY EVIL PLOT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED! I will just have to find another means and be more careful so that she doesn't discover this one."

(I think I've read one too many Nancy Drew books, what do you think?)
No, no! I think you're on the right track!!! You see, I've accused him of trying to get rid of me for years! Once I almost got electrocuted when he had me plug in the washing machine to a generator (power was off and I had to get ready for work), and I think he tried to drown me in cold water once when my hand was broken and he was "helping" me wash my hair, and of course there was that "fall" down the stairs at the Portland house. There were other times, too... I'll have to try to remember them and I'll share with you later. Yeah... the ol' sodium in the burger trick and he got caught!

Last edited by raini; 01-04-2012 at 11:49 PM..
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #1126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
What, you don't get points with your panty hose??? Durned catalog was full of stuff I didn't need, but hey, it was free!!!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #1127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
So, no jicama apples today. I looked up the recipe on Linda Sue's site, and was reminded that you need to slice and freeze the jicama for a few days first. So it's in the freezer...

Today's foods:
B- Atkins bar and half an Atkins shake
L- Turkey soup, low carb cookie
S- 2 ounces beef stick and 2 ounces cheese
D- 2 Hebrew National hot dogs w/cheese
Cheat- one pc Russell Stover (NOT SF) candy
S- one piece of celery
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #1128
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
No, no! I think you're on the right track!!! You see, I've accused him of trying to get rid of me for years! Once I almost got electrocuted when he had me plug in the washing machine to a generator (power was off and I had to get ready for work), and I think he tried to drown me in cold water once when my hand was broken and he was "helping" me wash my hair, and of course there was that "fall" down the stairs at the Portland house. There were other times, too... I'll have to try to remember them and I'll share with you later. Yeah... the ol' sodium in the burger trick and he got caught!
your too funny...

poor dh..lol.

but hey.. now its out there on the net.. so if "something" happens.. we have proof
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #1129
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
So, no jicama apples today. I looked up the recipe on Linda Sue's site, and was reminded that you need to slice and freeze the jicama for a few days first. So it's in the freezer...

Today's foods:
B- Atkins bar and half an Atkins shake
L- Turkey soup, low carb cookie
S- 2 ounces beef stick and 2 ounces cheese
D- 2 Hebrew National hot dogs w/cheese
Cheat- one pc Russell Stover (NOT SF) candy
S- one piece of celery
let us know
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #1130
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,837
Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Don't worry, Raini, the "accidents" should stop happening now, as Lisa said, "it's out there."

You just might live a while longer yet.
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #1131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Don't worry, Raini, the "accidents" should stop happening now, as Lisa said, "it's out there."

You just might live a while longer yet.
Well, it's been going on since before we got married! I was 15 when we drove to the ocean and he made me stand on a log to watch the water come in around us. Now, I KNEW better because I had lived at the beach, but he wouldn't leave until I tried it. So I did, and a wave picked us both up in the air, and then the next one pulled us out into the ocean. He saved my life that day, pulling me back in. But ya have to wonder???
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #1132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Good breakfast- scrambled eggs and bacon.
Good lunch- LC chili and cheese "crackers" and jicama
Crummy will power- cookies at crafting day AFTER I swore I wouldn't touch them

From bad to worse... spending time with friends there made me feel even lonelier than if I'd stayed home. Depressed all evening, and chest pains all day. Bah-humbug. Poor me. I'd have a pity party, but I'd be the only one there...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #1133
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Well, it's been going on since before we got married! I was 15 when we drove to the ocean and he made me stand on a log to watch the water come in around us. Now, I KNEW better because I had lived at the beach, but he wouldn't leave until I tried it. So I did, and a wave picked us both up in the air, and then the next one pulled us out into the ocean. He saved my life that day, pulling me back in. But ya have to wonder???
what a life saverrrrr!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #1134
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Good breakfast- scrambled eggs and bacon.
Good lunch- LC chili and cheese "crackers" and jicama
Crummy will power- cookies at crafting day AFTER I swore I wouldn't touch them

From bad to worse... spending time with friends there made me feel even lonelier than if I'd stayed home. Depressed all evening, and chest pains all day. Bah-humbug. Poor me. I'd have a pity party, but I'd be the only one there...
ok.. its over.. its done.. nothing you can do about it.. today is a NEW day.. be strong!!!... and next time.. bring your own cookies.. .. the lc peanut butter ones are gooood..

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes.. add salt and pepper..

LOVE ya!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #1135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
ok.. its over.. its done.. nothing you can do about it.. today is a NEW day.. be strong!!!... and next time.. bring your own cookies.. .. the lc peanut butter ones are gooood..

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes.. add salt and pepper..

LOVE ya!!
Thanks. I needed that!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Today's meals:
B- low carb granola with 1/2 cup coconut milk and xylitol sweetener
L- 1 and 1/2 hot dogs w/cheese fondue
D- half a steak and a green tossed salad w/bleu cheese dressing
S- pistchios, 2 low carb cookies, 1/2 piece SF candy
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #1137
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,837
Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
From bad to worse... spending time with friends there made me feel even lonelier than if I'd stayed home.
Hmmmm . . . you know what my psycho doctor would have told me in this situation? (And I only tell you this because you asked to borrow her once, remember?) She would have told me that you couldn't have had the emotion without first having a thought. So in other words, you were creating that emotion of feeling lonely by telling yourself something . . . be more aware of your self talk in situations like this and combat it.

For instance, when I go to large gatherings, I feel very uncomfortable and usually stay with only a person or two . . . I can't seem to "fit in." When I leave, I wish I hadn't gone because I usually feel worse than when I got there.

After much thought about the evening, I realized that I did it to myself. I didn't assert myself . . . I didn't go around and meet new people. I didn't try to be a part of the group, I just sat in my little world. What was I afraid of in the first place that kept me from doing this? Well, sometimes I don't know what to say, but most of the time you really don't have to say much. Just introduce yourself, ask a few questions and usually the person will do most of the talking. Then you move on to the next. So I guess my biggest fear in being in social settings is the fear of being rejected, so I don't put myself out there. Then when I get home, I eat to soothe . . .

Now you try, Raini . . . you don't have to post about what you're thinking, but try and figure out what was going on in your head . . . it'll be different than mine, so don't try to "clone yourself" with my thinking.
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #1138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Hmmmm . . . you know what my psycho doctor would have told me in this situation? (And I only tell you this because you asked to borrow her once, remember?) She would have told me that you couldn't have had the emotion without first having a thought. So in other words, you were creating that emotion of feeling lonely by telling yourself something . . . be more aware of your self talk in situations like this and combat it.

For instance, when I go to large gatherings, I feel very uncomfortable and usually stay with only a person or two . . . I can't seem to "fit in." When I leave, I wish I hadn't gone because I usually feel worse than when I got there.

After much thought about the evening, I realized that I did it to myself. I didn't assert myself . . . I didn't go around and meet new people. I didn't try to be a part of the group, I just sat in my little world. What was I afraid of in the first place that kept me from doing this? Well, sometimes I don't know what to say, but most of the time you really don't have to say much. Just introduce yourself, ask a few questions and usually the person will do most of the talking. Then you move on to the next. So I guess my biggest fear in being in social settings is the fear of being rejected, so I don't put myself out there. Then when I get home, I eat to soothe . . .

Now you try, Raini . . . you don't have to post about what you're thinking, but try and figure out what was going on in your head . . . it'll be different than mine, so don't try to "clone yourself" with my thinking.
I DO appreciate your observations! And even though I'm going to post my initial response, I promise to do some more thinking about what you said.

My initial response was that I did try to put myself out there, and I did try to engage in the conversations. What I found was that someone else would start talking over me, or that someone else would change the subject; or, if I asked a question that it would be ignored and they'd keep on talking. What hurt the most was when three of them talked about meeting at the restaurant for dinner that night, and I wasn't invited. I kind of tried to see if it was an open invitation for anyone in the group, but when I said, "Oh, you're talking about The Riv?" because I wasn't sure, someone just said, "Yeah, we're going to The Riv tonight" but no one said, "Yeah, you should come!" or anything like that. And it hurt because dh and I used to invite a bunch out quite often, and they all came and seemed to enjoy themselves; but now we're not invited. Even later that day, I was on the phone with one of them about something else, and asked if she was going, she said she was; but again didn't ask if we'd like to go.

Dh and I went out a different night before that, and saw several of them together. One waved at us, but didn't come over to say "hi" and didn't ask us if we'd like to join them. On this little island, that just seems strange. So I just paste a smile on my face and act like everything is fine, and go home to my own little pity party where I beat myself up and have all kinds of negative thoughts about why I don't fit in.

Having said all that, I decided a couple of things: Number one was to confess to God that it hurts me when they act like that, and to admit that I feel left out and lonely. (Yes, I realize that He already knows that!) Then I asked what I could learn from this. And you know what? I realized that I was not the only one in the group that was not invited to go, and that at least one person in particular sits there week after week and as far as I know never gets invited either. And it has nothing to do with her not being a nice person--- probably more that she is widowed and doesn't have a dh to bring to dinners and such. So dh and I have decided that we need to invite her and her adult son over once in awhile, starting with our Super Bowl party. And then we are going to watch for other folks who might feel left out of social situations, and make sure they get invitations for dinner or gatherings or whatever.

I think I will try going to the crafting day again this week and see how it goes. I'll try to be aware of how I am feeling, what am I telling myself, etc. If nothing else, maybe I'll learn that this isn't how God wants me using my time.

Oh... have a pm to share... gonna send it in a minute!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #1139
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,791
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I DO appreciate your observations! And even though I'm going to post my initial response, I promise to do some more thinking about what you said.

My initial response was that I did try to put myself out there, and I did try to engage in the conversations. What I found was that someone else would start talking over me, or that someone else would change the subject; or, if I asked a question that it would be ignored and they'd keep on talking. What hurt the most was when three of them talked about meeting at the restaurant for dinner that night, and I wasn't invited. I kind of tried to see if it was an open invitation for anyone in the group, but when I said, "Oh, you're talking about The Riv?" because I wasn't sure, someone just said, "Yeah, we're going to The Riv tonight" but no one said, "Yeah, you should come!" or anything like that. And it hurt because dh and I used to invite a bunch out quite often, and they all came and seemed to enjoy themselves; but now we're not invited. Even later that day, I was on the phone with one of them about something else, and asked if she was going, she said she was; but again didn't ask if we'd like to go.

Dh and I went out a different night before that, and saw several of them together. One waved at us, but didn't come over to say "hi" and didn't ask us if we'd like to join them. On this little island, that just seems strange. So I just paste a smile on my face and act like everything is fine, and go home to my own little pity party where I beat myself up and have all kinds of negative thoughts about why I don't fit in.

Having said all that, I decided a couple of things: Number one was to confess to God that it hurts me when they act like that, and to admit that I feel left out and lonely. (Yes, I realize that He already knows that!) Then I asked what I could learn from this. And you know what? I realized that I was not the only one in the group that was not invited to go, and that at least one person in particular sits there week after week and as far as I know never gets invited either. And it has nothing to do with her not being a nice person--- probably more that she is widowed and doesn't have a dh to bring to dinners and such. So dh and I have decided that we need to invite her and her adult son over once in awhile, starting with our Super Bowl party. And then we are going to watch for other folks who might feel left out of social situations, and make sure they get invitations for dinner or gatherings or whatever.

I think I will try going to the crafting day again this week and see how it goes. I'll try to be aware of how I am feeling, what am I telling myself, etc. If nothing else, maybe I'll learn that this isn't how God wants me using my time.

Oh... have a pm to share... gonna send it in a minute!
Maybe thats what God had in mind??.. to have you feel that way, to show you how this other lady and others may feel.. ?? and now your doing what you want others to do.... Inviting them out.. who says you have to be "in" the loop.. talk to others and just have a great time..

and don't forget to bring your own cookies ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #1140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Maybe, Lisa.... maybe!

Did very well today... exercised before breakfast, stayed on plan all day, remembered my meds and supplements... that sort of thing.

B- 2 eggs, scrambled, with bacon and Sambal Olaek (hot sauce!)
L- Atkins shake plus 2 carbs worth of raw nuts
D- Low carb Chili, 2 organic hotdogs, 1 ounce cheese and some onions
dessert- 1/2 piece SF candy (orange stick) and 1/2 piece SF Almond Roca

I may have tea with cream this evening.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.