Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #1051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Forgot to mention that I stayed on track again today.

B- nothing but only because I wasn't hungry and didn't get around to eating until lunch time

L- Afore-mentioned KFC chicken breast, 7 almonds, a SF bread-and-butter pickle spear

S- 2/3 Atkins bar

D- roast beef with LC barbecue sauce and horse radish, broccoli w/butter, 1 serving low-carb ice cream

Might have the last 1/3 of my Atkins bar later on tonight, and prolly some tea w/cream
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #1052
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/315/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-30.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
broccoli! good one!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #1053

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
broccoli! good one!
GREAT GOING RAINI... I AM SO PROUD OF YOU TWO..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah thanks, you guys!

Just realized all the challenges I have coming up, starting Thursday. We're heading back to our first RV resort, and have a lot of events that will have me away from our motor home at meal times and away from my "safe" and healthy foods. Thursday through the following Wednesday will be really rough, and then we'll have a houseful of company back at home.

I can do this!!! Yes I can!!!!!!! (WILL I?)
Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #1055

YES YOU WILL! I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS! Stick to your guns, Raini. Set your jaw firm . . . make this decision now and stick to it. You can do this, you CAN do this! YOU WIIILLLLLLL do this!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #1056
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
YES YOU WILL! I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS! Stick to your guns, Raini. Set your jaw firm . . . make this decision now and stick to it. You can do this, you CAN do this! YOU WIIILLLLLLL do this!!!
Thanks, D. I sure hope so!!!

Remember my dh? I am gonna have to SLAP that man! Here I was, eating my grilled halibut with broccoli when what I was really craving was the fried combination seafood platter with a baked potato, and he starts telling me how wonderful his dinner is (the above-mentioned seafood platter, except with fries!) Then he offers me "just one clam strip" because it is the most wonderful and tender clam strip he has ever eaten. Why can't he just let me eat my grilled halibut in peace, and not tempt me with stuff he knows I shouldn't have??? Anyway, I not only didn't eat the clam strip, I also put my garlic toast on his plate, as well as my orange slices. And I only ate half of my dinner, so I still have the other half for lunch tomorrow.

Almost forgot to post my foods for the day:

B- hot flax cereal with cream and SF syrup, decaf Chai tea w/cream and no sweetener
L- leftover LC meatloaf and broccoli, 1/4 c. pistachios, 1 pc SF candy
S- 1 pc SF candy (not w/maltitol, LOL)
D- see above
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #1057

Way to stick to your resolve woman! Good on ya!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Thanks, D. I sure hope so!!!

Remember my dh? I am gonna have to SLAP that man! Here I was, eating my grilled halibut with broccoli when what I was really craving was the fried combination seafood platter with a baked potato, and he starts telling me how wonderful his dinner is (the above-mentioned seafood platter, except with fries!) Then he offers me "just one clam strip" because it is the most wonderful and tender clam strip he has ever eaten. Why can't he just let me eat my grilled halibut in peace, and not tempt me with stuff he knows I shouldn't have??? Anyway, I not only didn't eat the clam strip, I also put my garlic toast on his plate, as well as my orange slices. And I only ate half of my dinner, so I still have the other half for lunch tomorrow.

Almost forgot to post my foods for the day:

B- hot flax cereal with cream and SF syrup, decaf Chai tea w/cream and no sweetener
L- leftover LC meatloaf and broccoli, 1/4 c. pistachios, 1 pc SF candy
S- 1 pc SF candy (not w/maltitol, LOL)D- see above
and STILL you only eat one.... GOOD for you.. maybe it will sink in my fat head that I can eat just one as well..
Old 11-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I worked on my Thanksgiving menu last night. I was gonna fix a sweet potato for myself, 'cuz I keep hearing people say hoe much better they are for you than regular potatoes. But then I looked up the carb count and WOW I do not want to have a sweet potato! So I might fix a little spaghetti squash instead, or I might just pass up the candied yams and enjoy the other stuff on my plate.

No exercise today. It is SO windy, 55-65 mph hour with gusts up to 70. Just had one of those and it was scary!!! Remember, this chick went through storms like this just a year ago, and ended up with a tree through the house! We chose a site with our RV nose pointed into the wind (at least the way it usually comes) so it isn't as bad as it would be if we were set up somewhere else, but it is still scary. I wouldn't even feel safe running over to the work-out room; and even if I did, I'd be so soaked by the time I got there that working out would be miserable.

B- Atkin's MIM (muffin in a minute) with butter and SF jam, pistachios
L- leftover fish and broccoli
D- leftover beef and broccoli
S- prolly tea with cream, maybe celery w/cream cheese, maybe cheese "crackers"
Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Guess it's a good thing I got back on track a couple of weeks ago. With no chance to weigh since we left, I had no idea how much I was gaining. After two weeks of nearly perfectly being on plan, I finally weighed when I got home, and I'm 10 pounds heavier than before we left. If I hadn't gotten back on track, I shudder so think how much damage would have been done. And I suppose I am glad I didn't weigh before I got back on track. I'm sure it was more than the 10 pounds!!!

We came home Sunday evening and unloaded stuff until bedtime. Monday we got up early and headed off-island for dh to see the doc, and then go to another facility for x-rays. Also had to get the Jeep lubed and oil-changed, and lots of grocery shopping.

Today was another off-island day, with tons of more shopping. Got home around 6pm, unloaded groceries, did dishes and lots of laundry and am cleaning the laundry room. My washer and dryer could be here as early as 7am and everything needs to be out of there. I'm running between the kitchen, fixing make-ahead stuff for Thanksgiving, and the laundry room- moving stuff out of there. Meanwhile, I think I'm close to a panic, thinking of everything else I need to be doing for Thanksgiving. No time for relaxing at least until Saturday. That will be 6 crazy days in a row. ACK!

Thinking of trying JUDDD along with Atkins. I'll see...
Old 11-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #1061

Quote:
Guess it's a good thing I got back on track a couple of weeks ago. With no chance to weigh since we left, I had no idea how much I was gaining. After two weeks of nearly perfectly being on plan, I finally weighed when I got home, and I'm 10 pounds heavier than before we left. If I hadn't gotten back on track, I shudder so think how much damage would have been done. And I suppose I am glad I didn't weigh before I got back on track. I'm sure it was more than the 10 pounds!!!

We came home Sunday evening and unloaded stuff until bedtime. Monday we got up early and headed off-island for dh to see the doc, and then go to another facility for x-rays. Also had to get the Jeep lubed and oil-changed, and lots of grocery shopping.

Today was another off-island day, with tons of more shopping. Got home around 6pm, unloaded groceries, did dishes and lots of laundry and am cleaning the laundry room. My washer and dryer could be here as early as 7am and everything needs to be out of there. I'm running between the kitchen, fixing make-ahead stuff for Thanksgiving, and the laundry room- moving stuff out of there. Meanwhile, I think I'm close to a panic, thinking of everything else I need to be doing for Thanksgiving. No time for relaxing at least until Saturday. That will be 6 crazy days in a row. ACK!

Thinking of trying JUDDD along with Atkins. I'll see...
Hey there.. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one .. Glad your back home and safe and sound .. Hey.. don't forget to BREATH!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #1062

Raini's home! Yay! I'm so proud of you for getting back on plan.

Let us know how dh's tests come back.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So... the doc that said dh's pain was from arthritis in his hip was wrong. NO arthritis. Then he set him up for physical therapy without finding out what the cause of the pain is. We've asked for another consultation to find out what is wrong before beginning physical therapy.

Gotta run... more later.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #1064
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh... couldn't get to sleep until about 1:30 am, then woke up at 6 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally went back to bed at 8 and slept til 10:30. Missed a good part of the day!

Dh made a comment last night: There was a commercial and someone in it said, "What do YOU want for Christmas?" and I replied, somewhat sarcastically, "To wake up and be a size 2!" To which Dh replied, "But then you'd leave me!" WOW!!! Could this be why he sabotages my efforts??? I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I know that sometimes he just gives in to what he thinks I'd really like... if I'm hinting about going out for Chinese food, or asking for a French fry from his plate, etc. But how do you explain the time I asked him to run into the store (instead of me going in) because I needed celery and was afraid I'd buy pastries? So he goes into he store an buys celery AND maple bars! (My favorite, BTW.) I had specifically asked him to get the celery and explained why. (And yes, the right thing to do at that point was to refuse the maple bar, but I didn't and I knew I couldn't have walked by them in the store without buying them. Thus, asked the dh!)

How about all those times at the beach when I planned a healthy meal and he wanted to go out instead? Or when we went out for seafood and I ordered grilled halibut and he kept telling me how good his fried foods were and kept offering them to me?

Before we left on our trip, I asked him if he would be supportive of me, and he said he would. I reminded him that I had gained weight last time, and didn't want to this time. Then I went a step further and said, "Could we make an agreement that if I am not losing at least two pounds a week that we will turn around and come back home?" Nope, he wouldn't agree. Too bad, 'cuz if he had agreed, I think he would have tried a little harder (or a lot harder!) to help me stay on track instead of derail me.

Another comment he made during BL last night: When the announcer said, "Would you like to be on The Biggest Loser?" I said, "YES, I would!" (Usually I say "No way!") Dh replied, "You wouldn't do too good there." While it is probably true, that really hurt. Was he just being honest, or was it another sabotage?

I wouldn't ever leave him, and for every time I ever whine about something he has said or done, there are a hundred nice things he has done for me. (This morning he got up early and made a big pot of beef soup, and then brought me a cup while I was posting.)

So I guess I need to assure him (in deeds, not just words) that I'd never leave him. And then I need to bolster my resolve and not count on him supporting me or not supporting me. I need to put into practice saying "no thank you" when he offers me things I can't have. I need to exercise even if he won't go with me.

Starting...... NOW!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #1065
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I meant that! I did an extra-long session on the rebounder, then did a little Zumba Kinect and part of a routine on BL Kinect. (Wonder how much weight I lost waving at the stupid thing when it wouldn't recognize me, then changing hair color, eyes, etc.?)

Also did some stair-stepping. Trying to keep moving as much as possible all day. Dh is discouraged with me... stands behind me while I'm on the PC and sighs. Sorry dude...

Foods on track today so far, as are exercise, supplements and water intake.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #1066

Quote:
So... the doc that said dh's pain was from arthritis in his hip was wrong. NO arthritis. Then he set him up for physical therapy without finding out what the cause of the pain is. We've asked for another consultation to find out what is wrong before beginning physical therapy.

Gotta run... more later.
Now how in the world can you do physical therapy without knowing where to physical therapy at? That sounds tooooo bizarre . . . good idea for another consult! Smart cookie!

Quote:
Dh made a comment last night: There was a commercial and someone in it said, "What do YOU want for Christmas?" and I replied, somewhat sarcastically, "To wake up and be a size 2!" To which Dh replied, "But then you'd leave me!" WOW!!! Could this be why he sabotages my efforts???
Wow is right! I bet he didn't even skip a beat when he said it which means it's what is most true and upper most in his mind. Wow oh wow . . . he must not think he woud be good enough for you if you lost weight . . . yes . . . actions, woman . . . I mean, I'm not married or anything, but I would think being more affectionate or something would help make him feel more secure . . . Wow . . . what a can of worms were opened up with that comment, huh?

Quote:
Another comment he made during BL last night: When the announcer said, "Would you like to be on The Biggest Loser?" I said, "YES, I would!" (Usually I say "No way!") Dh replied, "You wouldn't do too good there." While it is probably true, that really hurt. Was he just being honest, or was it another sabotage?
Personally, I think he was just trying to protect you. I don't think it was meant to make you give up on your efforts or to try to hurt you. Seriously . . . he does loves you and he sees how Bob and Dolvette and Anna kill the contestants and what the contestants are put through with the challenges. Your DH was just trying protect you, I have no doubt.

Quote:
I meant that! I did an extra-long session on the rebounder, then did a little Zumba Kinect and part of a routine on BL Kinect. (Wonder how much weight I lost waving at the stupid thing when it wouldn't recognize me, then changing hair color, eyes, etc.?)

Also did some stair-stepping. Trying to keep moving as much as possible all day. Dh is discouraged with me... stands behind me while I'm on the PC and sighs. Sorry dude...

Foods on track today so far, as are exercise, supplements and water intake.
Great job! Whoo hoooo!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you very much...

Did another session on the Rebounder, too. Feels good already!

Thanks for the vote of confidence for dh. It really hurt me when he said that, but it also made me more determined to follow through with healthy eating and exercise.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #1068

Quote:
Ugh... couldn't get to sleep until about 1:30 am, then woke up at 6 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally went back to bed at 8 and slept til 10:30. Missed a good part of the day!

Dh made a comment last night: There was a commercial and someone in it said, "What do YOU want for Christmas?" and I replied, somewhat sarcastically, "To wake up and be a size 2!" To which Dh replied, "But then you'd leave me!" WOW!!! Could this be why he sabotages my efforts??? I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I know that sometimes he just gives in to what he thinks I'd really like... if I'm hinting about going out for Chinese food, or asking for a French fry from his plate, etc. But how do you explain the time I asked him to run into the store (instead of me going in) because I needed celery and was afraid I'd buy pastries? So he goes into he store an buys celery AND maple bars! (My favorite, BTW.) I had specifically asked him to get the celery and explained why. (And yes, the right thing to do at that point was to refuse the maple bar, but I didn't and I knew I couldn't have walked by them in the store without buying them. Thus, asked the dh!)

How about all those times at the beach when I planned a healthy meal and he wanted to go out instead? Or when we went out for seafood and I ordered grilled halibut and he kept telling me how good his fried foods were and kept offering them to me?

Before we left on our trip, I asked him if he would be supportive of me, and he said he would. I reminded him that I had gained weight last time, and didn't want to this time. Then I went a step further and said, "Could we make an agreement that if I am not losing at least two pounds a week that we will turn around and come back home?" Nope, he wouldn't agree. Too bad, 'cuz if he had agreed, I think he would have tried a little harder (or a lot harder!) to help me stay on track instead of derail me.

I wouldn't ever leave him, and for every time I ever whine about something he has said or done, there are a hundred nice things he has done for me. (This morning he got up early and made a big pot of beef soup, and then brought me a cup while I was posting.)

So I guess I need to assure him (in deeds, not just words) that I'd never leave him. And then I need to bolster my resolve and not count on him supporting me or not supporting me. I need to put into practice saying "no thank you" when he offers me things I can't have. I need to exercise even if he won't go with me.

Starting...... NOW!
yeah..WOW... I have my own thought son this subject.. I wont go into on here..lol,, but wow... let me clarify that.. nothing to do with you and your hubs.. ..

you hang tuff girly.. and do this for YOU.. and yes.. reasure him that no matter what you're in this for life..
Old 12-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #1069
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My rings are spinning on my fingers! Always a good sign!

Stayed on program even when attending our ladies' craft day today! Took coleslaw for me, ,and Beef Stick and Cheese to share. Stayed out of the casseroles, the mac 'n cheese, the cookies, rolls and candies.

Two ladies were baking cookies for up-coming events. I didn't want to help because I LOVE cut-out cookies and didn't want to be tempted. But the gals were tired and no one else wanted to help, so I did. Actually had fun decorating and didn't eat the cookies.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #1070

Good girl! I'm soooooo proud of you!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #1071

Quote:
Good girl! I'm soooooo proud of you!
DITTO!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #1072
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down two pounds of the awful vacation weight gain. Feeling so much better already.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #1073

Quote:
Down two pounds of the awful vacation weight gain. Feeling so much better already.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #1074

WONDERFUL!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #1075

GOOOD morning... have a lovely day..
Old 12-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #1076
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Lisa!

I thought we were going to this really cool hardware store that has gorgeous Christmas decorations. I thought dh was on board for buying a new nativity set (those big plastic blow-mold ones) because our Mary got her head crushed in last year when the tree went through our house. (Then we ordered another one on e-bay and the post office crushed HER head!) But now he's saying he didn't know how expensive they were, and our house is too big and not in scale with the nativity and it wouldn't look right in our yard, and we have too much wind, etc., etc., etc.

You know what I learned at Thanksgiving time? "Let it go." And amazingly enough, I learned it from dh! We were having an argument about something he said about cranberry sauce. He likes it jellied from a can, and everyone else likes it fresh-made from the cranberries. He let it be one of those super-issues that sets us both off (usually when we have company and I have to hold my tongue!) I'd already made my SF sauce and helped ds #1 thicken up his sauce (drained off liquid and added more berries) and asked dh where his can of sauce was. (Couldn't find it in the pantry.) He said he'd get it later, but I didn't want him to wait until dinner was being served and I had to drop what I was doing to get it served up for him. Anyway, it was totally blown out of proportion and threatened to ruin the day. He was being a poop and I asked him why he felt the need to spoil the day over something so small, and he said, "Let it go."

And I did. I let it go. I don't know why he always does this on the holidays (probably has something to do with how his family handled things) and I can't fix it, but I CAN change how I react to it. In the past, I have always stuffed my feelings inside and stayed on a slow simmer all day. But when I truly "let it go" it was not stuffed inside and it simply went away.

Since then I have tried to remember "let it go" when other things are bothering me. Like the nativity: I felt like dh has been leading me on all this past year when we've talked about replacing all or part of the nativity scene. But if I can let it go, I won't have to feel disappointed that we don't have one anymore. (God KNOWS how much I love Him and His Son!) And then I won't have to listen to dh complain that it's taking up too much room in the garage the rest of the year, or worry about the wind blowing pieces away, or someone stealing it or anything else. I can enjoy looking at them in someone else's yard... somewhere else.

And I can learn to let other things go, too. Guess what? I don't have to be right all the time. And even if I AM right, I can know it without having to point it out.

So today I will focus on getting other things ready for Christmas, and enjoy a quiet day where I don't have to rush to catch a ferry. I'll turn on some Christmas music and address envelopes for our Christmas cards. And I won't be upset with dh. (I do love the ol' guy!)
Old 12-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #1077

Quote:
Thank you, Lisa!

I thought we were going to this really cool hardware store that has gorgeous Christmas decorations. I thought dh was on board for buying a new nativity set (those big plastic blow-mold ones) because our Mary got her head crushed in last year when the tree went through our house. (Then we ordered another one on e-bay and the post office crushed HER head!) But now he's saying he didn't know how expensive they were, and our house is too big and not in scale with the nativity and it wouldn't look right in our yard, and we have too much wind, etc., etc., etc.

You know what I learned at Thanksgiving time? "Let it go." And amazingly enough, I learned it from dh! We were having an argument about something he said about cranberry sauce. He likes it jellied from a can, and everyone else likes it fresh-made from the cranberries. He let it be one of those super-issues that sets us both off (usually when we have company and I have to hold my tongue!) I'd already made my SF sauce and helped ds #1 thicken up his sauce (drained off liquid and added more berries) and asked dh where his can of sauce was. (Couldn't find it in the pantry.) He said he'd get it later, but I didn't want him to wait until dinner was being served and I had to drop what I was doing to get it served up for him. Anyway, it was totally blown out of proportion and threatened to ruin the day. He was being a poop and I asked him why he felt the need to spoil the day over something so small, and he said, "Let it go."

And I did. I let it go. I don't know why he always does this on the holidays (probably has something to do with how his family handled things) and I can't fix it, but I CAN change how I react to it. In the past, I have always stuffed my feelings inside and stayed on a slow simmer all day. But when I truly "let it go" it was not stuffed inside and it simply went away.

Since then I have tried to remember "let it go" when other things are bothering me. Like the nativity: I felt like dh has been leading me on all this past year when we've talked about replacing all or part of the nativity scene. But if I can let it go, I won't have to feel disappointed that we don't have one anymore. (God KNOWS how much I love Him and His Son!) And then I won't have to listen to dh complain that it's taking up too much room in the garage the rest of the year, or worry about the wind blowing pieces away, or someone stealing it or anything else. I can enjoy looking at them in someone else's yard... somewhere else.

And I can learn to let other things go, too. Guess what? I don't have to be right all the time. And even if I AM right, I can know it without having to point it out.

So today I will focus on getting other things ready for Christmas, and enjoy a quiet day where I don't have to rush to catch a ferry. I'll turn on some Christmas music and address envelopes for our Christmas cards. And I won't be upset with dh. (I do love the ol' guy!)
.. I've always been told.. to have a great marriage.. let them THINK they are right.. even if they aren't.... shhh its our secret.. heheh..

what about buying a small Nativity set for inside your home.. ??.. just a thought.. ..

Have fun decorating.. ..

I'll go post a pic of my sun/dinning room..
Old 12-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #1078

I'm thinking that "let it go" would be a good mantra in a relationship. It sure would keep the peace, huh?

Have a peaceful day Ms. raini!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #1079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post

what about buying a small Nativity set for inside your home.. ??.. just a thought..
LOL! I'm ALL about Nativity sets, inside and out! I have a vintage one that I bought at an estate sale years ago. I figured that the owners would be pleased to have someone care for it like they did. I also bought Dept. 56 "Little Town of Bethlehem" years ago when we visited Lyndon, Washington, and I set it up every year on our sideboard. Also have a rubber/plastic one that I bought from Avon for little kids to play with, so they'd leave the others alone. And an itsy-bitsy tiny one that goes next to the church in my Christmas village set.

I just wanted to decorate the exterior of our house to reflect the true meaning of Christmas. But I'm not going to make a fuss over it. "It is what it is." "Let it go." See? I'm learning!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #1080
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the most beautiful quilt in the mail today! A TOTAL surprise from my BFF for my birthday. I started crying when I saw it, not just because it is beautiful, and not just because it was a surprise.

See, every time someone shows me a quilt that a loved one made for them, I feel this little pang of sadness inside because I don't have family (my side of the family) any more. I lost all the women in my family in one fell swoop when I was 19. Grandmother died, then 3 months later Mom died, and a few months after that Grandma died. Then my aunt divorced my uncle and never had anything to do with me again; and on the other side of the family my aunt and uncle falsified a bunch of legal stuff and tried to take some inheritance that was supposed to go to my dad, so I lost them, too. It had nothing to do with me, but I never heard from them or my cousins again.)

While I try not to have pity parties over it, I do get to feeling sad once in awhile. So, here comes this gorgeous quilt, and my friend even quilted a secret message for me in the stitching! And she said that the Flying Geese on the sides were to represent all the little birds I used to rescue and take to Audobon Society when we lived in a neighborhood full of cats. Truly a gift from the heart, and I'll never have to have even a hint of sadness when I see a quilt made for someone else. (God knows our needs and loves to meet them!)