Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #1021
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Gorgeous day today. Trying to get most of the rest of the packing done. Tomorrow will be for last minute stuff only.

I'm baking bacon today, and also making a black bean chocolate cake to freeze in single servings.

Just found our there's going to be a big Pig Roast at the RV resort Saturday! Yummers!
bacon.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #1022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Almost a month since I posted. I've had sporadic access to decent Wi-Fi and I'm tired of writing and then losing my posts and e-mails when trying to send.

I'm doing a terrible job of staying on track, and my exercise is almost non-existent. I do have to say that, not being on the island, we are on-the-go a lot more than when we're at home. I suppose that little things like a short walk to the clubhouse or a little longer walk to the showers, and walks through Costco, Freddies', etc. do add up. Still, there have been very few actual "walks" and no trips to any of the exercise rooms that have been available to me.

The friends that have been traveling with us have, in the past, encouraged me to be very active but not this time. This time we've been presented with a pecan pie for our anniversary and invited over for high-carb ribs for dinner. Even the yummy salad that was supposed to have walnuts in it, ended up with sugar-coated walnuts instead. I don't understand... and our relationship has been shaky enough without me making comments about anything.

I went through some rough times in the last few weeks, wondering if I could ever get back on track and if there was any point in even trying anymore. I don't have scales with me, but I know for a fact that I've gained weight because I can feel it. And I HATE it! I HATE HATE HATE how I feel when my knees are swollen, when my ankles are swollen and my face gets puffy because I'm eating foods to which I am allergic. I HATE feeling my clothes getting tighter, and I HATE huffing and puffing when I try to walk fast because I am so out of shape.

Our friends are elsewhere for this week, so I am trying to get back on program while we're on our own. I'm doing better, but not perfect. I want to get to "perfect" and feel more confident so that when we're traveling together again I can stay strong and stay on track.

I read the story of Atkins' most recent winner. I want to do THAT!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #1023

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Raini is back to posting! I missed you Raini!!

Okay Raini . . . I have posted this three times and each time I have hit a wrong key on my new computer and it has erased it . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

Raini my dear, we are not perfect, therefore, you cannot be perfect in your eating. I'm sorry to burst your bubble. But what we can do is work on progression and NOT perfection. For instance, pick one meal a day and work on that meal as one you can be proud of. After you've gotten it down pat, then progress to another meal.

Next or while you're doing that, pick one day a week to walk. Doesn't matter how far, just walk. Make this walk as necessary as brushing your teeth or better yet, as breathing in and out. Then after a while, progress from there.

I know you have many obstacles to overcome and negative people you have to deal with, Raini, but I know you can take the necessary baby steps to do this. When you overcome those obstacles, give yourself an attagirl! When those obstacles become a barrier I want you to talk to the little girl within. That's right, you would never talk to a child the way you've been talking to yourself. Don't break your spirit, Raini, nurture it . . . imagine you are talking to your inner child when you start talking to yourself and I bet you will see some positive results.

HUGS
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #1024
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Raini is back to posting! I missed you Raini!!

Okay Raini . . . I have posted this three times and each time I have hit a wrong key on my new computer and it has erased it . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

Raini my dear, we are not perfect, therefore, you cannot be perfect in your eating. I'm sorry to burst your bubble. But what we can do is work on progression and NOT perfection. For instance, pick one meal a day and work on that meal as one you can be proud of. After you've gotten it down pat, then progress to another meal.

Next or while you're doing that, pick one day a week to walk. Doesn't matter how far, just walk. Make this walk as necessary as brushing your teeth or better yet, as breathing in and out. Then after a while, progress from there.

I know you have many obstacles to overcome and negative people you have to deal with, Raini, but I know you can take the necessary baby steps to do this. When you overcome those obstacles, give yourself an attagirl! When those obstacles become a barrier I want you to talk to the little girl within. That's right, you would never talk to a child the way you've been talking to yourself. Don't break your spirit, Raini, nurture it . . . imagine you are talking to your inner child when you start talking to yourself and I bet you will see some positive results.

HUGS
I truly appreciate your encouragement and words of wisdom. You are absolutely right about the negative talk... I've been doing a lot of that lately. I need to work on how I talk to me.

Guess one thing I forgot to mention is what else we've been going through (again): DS#2 has been having rough times and threatened suicide. So hard to deal with that 3000 miles away. I know that that has affected me, in that I use food to comfort and soothe my emotions.

That being said, I guess the reason that I feel I need to achieve "perfect" on low carb is the amount of damage it does to me when I'm not following it all the way. With a "regular" diet, one can mess up once or twice or even more without really awful consequences. But on low carb, a good meal has high fat, which doesn't hurt as long as the next meal or snack doesn't have "bad" carbs. So, if I have a great breakfast but goof up later on, that good breakfast causes a weight gain. Every single day of our vacation has started out with a good low carb breakfast. Then I mess up after that and am reaping the consequences in weight gain.

I won a gift certificate for dinner tonight, and have already checked out the menu. Told dh that I will order what I need to order to stay healthy, and if the amount goes over the amount of the certificate, so be it. Also, we're meeting our friends for "All you can eat" fish and chips tomorrow. Told dh that I will, again, order something healthy for me, even if it is more than the Fish and Chips would be. So there.

And yep... I need to be walking. What can be so hard about that here, where everything is flat??? Nothing like the island where everything is on a hill!!!

Thanks again for the encouragement!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #1025

Sooooooo . . . it looks like you've got one meal down . . . now work on the next one, lunch or dinner, it doesn't matter. Whichever . . . don't let the "one good meal followed by other not so good meals" stop you. You'd be gaining weight anyway if you keep eating the way you're going, right? So . . . tackle the next meal. That will be two out of three you've "progressed on" or if you will "perfected."

You can do this Ms. Raini! I know you can!

I know you are worried about your son, but remember, no matter what happens, his decision or non-decision has nothing to do with you. You cannot be responsible for another persons mental health, even if it is your dear son. Believe me, I know . . .
Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- half an Atkins shake and a piece of cheese
L- a green salad and hamburger patty with grilled onions and cheese WHILE THE OTHERS HAD ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT FISH AND CHIPS!!! Yay me!!! Even turned down a bite of bread pudding offered to me by dh!!!
D- Too many nuts, homemade chicken soup (made by dh) and cheese "crackers"
S- 2 pc SF candy

Drove from Seaside to Garibaldi. Walked all over two large antique malls, and then walked all over the docks. I feel great about how well I did today! I prayed at the beginning of the day and asked God to help me through the day. Oh-- even turned down SF ice cream because it came with a cone that I couldn't have and I wasn't sure about the ingredients of the ice cream. Watched dh eat his ice cream cone and didn't have a pity party for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #1027

Raini!

I seriously think you should use this little guy as your avatar!

Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #1028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Raini!

I seriously think you should use this little guy as your avatar!

Well hook me up, sweetie!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, dh isn't feeling so great, and he thinks it might be.... (drum roll, please!) What He Is Eating! Actually, I don't think it is; but it might be beneficial for me if he thinks it is!

He's having joint pain in his back, as well as in his left hip and left knee. So that could be food related, but not the fact that his thermostat seems to be out of whack. So I'm not sure. Being that we're more than a hundred miles from home, he doesn't want to go to the doctor to find out. But he finally admitted that his eating is out of control and he doesn't want to keep on eating like this.

He said, "I've been eating way too much, and I'm eating even when I'm not hungry. I see it, I want it and I eat it." I replied, "Well, welcome to MY world, honey."

This is good news for me, because if he means what he says, he might not keep tempting me to go out for all the high-carb meals we've been having. Even yesterday, when we went for fish and chips--- I could have had anything on the menu, but the good-for-me foods were so expensive, except the ones that didn't look like I'd enjoy them. I caved in and had the regular fish and chips.

There's also a restaurant here that serves a huge, but cheap, chicken fried steak. On the other hand, their regular steaks are spendy and their salads are awful. Dh and our friends have been wanting to go there. Maybe now we won't have to!

I had celery with cream cheese, and about three ounces of steak for breakfast. I think lunch will be leftover chicken with veggies. Dinner may end up being LC clam chowder.

It is really cold here, 47 degrees (okay, maybe not cold like some of y'all are having!) but at the moment it is sunny. I might skip the hair-washing ritual this a.m. and go for a blustery walk on the beach! Brrrrr!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #1030

Quote:
Well, dh isn't feeling so great, and he thinks it might be.... (drum roll, please!) What He Is Eating! Actually, I don't think it is; but it might be beneficial for me if he thinks it is!

He's having joint pain in his back, as well as in his left hip and left knee. So that could be food related, but not the fact that his thermostat seems to be out of whack. So I'm not sure. Being that we're more than a hundred miles from home, he doesn't want to go to the doctor to find out. But he finally admitted that his eating is out of control and he doesn't want to keep on eating like this.

He said, "I've been eating way too much, and I'm eating even when I'm not hungry. I see it, I want it and I eat it." I replied, "Well, welcome to MY world, honey."

This is good news for me, because if he means what he says, he might not keep tempting me to go out for all the high-carb meals we've been having. Even yesterday, when we went for fish and chips--- I could have had anything on the menu, but the good-for-me foods were so expensive, except the ones that didn't look like I'd enjoy them. I caved in and had the regular fish and chips.

There's also a restaurant here that serves a huge, but cheap, chicken fried steak. On the other hand, their regular steaks are spendy and their salads are awful. Dh and our friends have been wanting to go there. Maybe now we won't have to!

I had celery with cream cheese, and about three ounces of steak for breakfast. I think lunch will be leftover chicken with veggies. Dinner may end up being LC clam chowder.

It is really cold here, 47 degrees (okay, maybe not cold like some of y'all are having!) but at the moment it is sunny. I might skip the hair-washing ritual this a.m. and go for a blustery walk on the beach! Brrrrr!
Hiya.. .. I hope he keeps feeling like this... and not like me.. one minute I KNOW I am eating bad.. wanna change.. do good for a while.. then its back to eating bad

when do you all get home
???
Old 11-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #1031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
when do you all get home
???
Dh started having really bad hip, groin and behind-the-knee pain, and finally agreed to go to Urgent Care. The PA there said he needs to get home "NOW!" and make appts. with his own doc; but dh stated firmly that "I'm NOT going home!" as soon as we left the hospital. So now we'll have to see how long he can stand being in pain, and pray that it doesn't get worse. The PA thinks it is a bulging disk and said he needs an MRI and other testing.

Meanwhile, I watched "Monster-In-Laws" last night, and got a wake-up call when some doctor told the husband that his life expectancy was reduced by 20 years because of his severe obesity. I've not done well at all on this trip, when my goal had been to lose 2 pounds a week while we were gone. I'm guessing I've gained weight, but there aren't any scales available.

Anyway, I decided last night that I'm getting back on program TODAY. And first thing this morning I told dh of my plans. He was a little grumpy at first, maybe thinking what a wet blanket it would be on all our eating out. But I think he will be supportive.

For breakfast I had hot flax cereal, 3 oz. left-over prime rib and 1/2 piece of SF candy. Lunch will either be BLT's (no bread) or chicken salad. Dinner will be shrimp scampi.

Dh said we can go for a walk on the Boardwalk today, and it looks like the weather will cooperate!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #1032

Quote:
Dh started having really bad hip, groin and behind-the-knee pain, and finally agreed to go to Urgent Care. The PA there said he needs to get home "NOW!" and make appts. with his own doc; but dh stated firmly that "I'm NOT going home!" as soon as we left the hospital. So now we'll have to see how long he can stand being in pain, and pray that it doesn't get worse. The PA thinks it is a bulging disk and said he needs an MRI and other testing.

Meanwhile, I watched "Monster-In-Laws" last night, and got a wake-up call when some doctor told the husband that his life expectancy was reduced by 20 years because of his severe obesity. I've not done well at all on this trip, when my goal had been to lose 2 pounds a week while we were gone. I'm guessing I've gained weight, but there aren't any scales available.

Anyway, I decided last night that I'm getting back on program TODAY. And first thing this morning I told dh of my plans. He was a little grumpy at first, maybe thinking what a wet blanket it would be on all our eating out. But I think he will be supportive.

For breakfast I had hot flax cereal, 3 oz. left-over prime rib and 1/2 piece of SF candy. Lunch will either be BLT's (no bread) or chicken salad. Dinner will be shrimp scampi.

Dh said we can go for a walk on the Boardwalk today, and it looks like the weather will cooperate!
Is that the movie with Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez?.. I LOVE that movie.. I LOVE Wanda Sikes in that movie.. hehhe

I hope DH's pains hold off... at least for some walks with you
Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #1033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Is that the movie with Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez?.. I LOVE that movie.. I LOVE Wanda Sikes in that movie.. hehhe

I hope DH's pains hold off... at least for some walks with you
No- Monsters-In-Law is a new reality show that has uber-evil MILs picking on their child's spouse. Last night it showed this horrid woman making fun of her SIL for every single thing he ever did, including how he ate and what he ate. Actually made him more and more miserable so he ate even more and kept gaining more and more weight. The doc told him that his life would be shortened by 20 years if he didn't lose it.

The nice thing was that the MIL finally got the message and changed how she treated her SIL.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #1034
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a very good day today... not exactly as planned, but stayed on program and even went for a walk.

B- prime rib (3 ounces leftovers) and hot flax cereal
S- 1/2 piece SF candy
L- scrambles eggs with 3 pieces bacon
s- celery with cream cheese
D- fillet mignon, tossed salad w/shrimp, broccoli
S- other 1/2 piece of SF candy, pistachios
Old 11-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #1035

Quote:
No- Monsters-In-Law is a new reality show that has uber-evil MILs picking on their child's spouse. Last night it showed this horrid woman making fun of her SIL for every single thing he ever did, including how he ate and what he ate. Actually made him more and more miserable so he ate even more and kept gaining more and more weight. The doc told him that his life would be shortened by 20 years if he didn't lose it.

The nice thing was that the MIL finally got the message and changed how she treated her SIL.
aww.. this doesn't sound like something I would want to watch.. even though my MIL can drive me nuts sometimes.. we get a long just fine..lol
Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #1036

Quote:
Had a very good day today... not exactly as planned, but stayed on program and even went for a walk.

B- prime rib (3 ounces leftovers) and hot flax cereal
S- 1/2 piece SF candyL- scrambles eggs with 3 pieces bacon
s- celery with cream cheese
D- fillet mignon, tossed salad w/shrimp, broccoli
S- other 1/2 piece of SF candy, pistachios
How can u just have half.. no way I could do that..
Old 11-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #1037
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How can u just have half.. no way I could do that..
The SF candy I have is made with maltitol... leads to gas and lotsa time in the bathroom if I eat more than half a piece at a time. Experience has taught me I don't want more than half!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- pork-rinds-French-toast, bacon, 1 egg
L- chicken salad on lettuce, green salad, decaf coffee w/cream and Splenda
D- chicken drumstick and thigh (KFC grilled) and green beans with bacon, pistachios (don't ask how many!)
dessert- SF candy

Here's the deal: We ate out for lunch, at this cute little mom-and-pop place that serves huge portions and lots of yummy comfort foods. Dh loves it, so I go there knowing that it will be tempting to eat stuff I shouldn't eat. But I ordered the chicken salad sandwich without the bread even when I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich WITH the bread. So good for me!

Then we got back to Seaside kind of late, and dh wanted to go out for dinner as well-- just for fast food. He wanted to go to KFC and I wasn't happy with that. I struggled with just caving in and eating whatever looked good, but then resolved to stay on program no matter what.

That was easier said than done. I asked for the Double Down "sandwich" with grilled chicken and wrapped in lettuce. The girl at the counter was speaking very softly (dh thought she had a sore throat or something) and kept asking if I wanted a Crispy Wrap. I kept telling her that I wanted the Double Down, and she said I couldn't have it with grilled chicken. I asked why not, since the sign said right there that it was available grilled. I never did understand her answer, but I finally gave up and asked for a two piece meal with grilled chicken. I asked for 2 sides of green beans, but she said they don't have green beans anymore. So I told dh to pick out the sides and he could have them. Then I told her the order was "To Go" knowing full well that dh wanted to eat there. Sorry dude-- no way was I going to sit there with 2 little pieces of chicken while he ate a big Bowl of chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy plus the sides that were supposed to be with MY meal! As soon as we got home, I heated up some canned green beans to go with my chicken. I was still really hungry and ate pistachios when I was done with my meal.

I was disappointed with dh. I made it really clear that I need to get back on program, and thought he was going to be supportive. KFC is the last place I want to go, especially if they don't have anything for me besides the grilled chicken.

Even though I ended up eating pistachios, I am glad I stuck to my guns at KFC. Nope, it wasn't a perfect day; but it was so much better than I've been doing on this trip.

I'm planning to work on tomorrow's menu before I go to bed.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #1039
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today's menu plan:
B- 2 fried eggs with 1 and 1/2 pieces cotto salami (saving last of cooked-up bacon for lunch)
L- BLT on lettuce instead of bread
D- shrimp scampi that I was supposed to fix the other night

I need to buy more celery hearts because I love crunchy snacks!

We're supposed to go on a nice walk today. Dh wanted to walk from here to downtown, but I don't think I could make it that far and back. I am not going to let it discourage me... just standing firm and planning on a walk that I can do. Wish I had my pedometer with me- we did find it, but it needs a new battery and we left it at home.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #1040

Quote:
The SF candy I have is made with maltitol... leads to gas and lotsa time in the bathroom if I eat more than half a piece at a time. Experience has taught me I don't want more than half!
yeah.. I have that trouble as well.. but it doesn't stop me..:/

Good girl for standing your ground..... hang in there lady bug,

Last edited by monet0329; 11-10-2011 at 01:40 PM..
Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #1041
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another victory: Dh started hinting that he'd like to go out again tonight, and I told him that dinner was already planned and wouldn't take that long. We got home and I fixed a big salad. We ate that, and then I was back in the kitchen (ahem... "galley") to fix the rest of the dinner, which was shrimp scampi. SO yummy!!!

I think I feel full enough, but for some reason still have the munchies. Haven't given in to them yet, but the evening is young. At least here on the west coast the evening is still young! LOL

We walked today--- about 45 minutes with a short break at an arcade on Broadway in the middle. Rain tomorrow, so no long walks but at least we'll be out and about and not just sitting here.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #1042
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far this morning I have had 2 breakfast sausage patties (Jimmy Dean.) I got online to look up the pumpkin shake recipe, and plan to have that next.

Kind of shaky on what lunch will be... maybe lunch meat and cheese? Need to have a plan since we're going to a holiday bazaar that will have lots of goodies. I don't want to be hungry!

Dinner will be meat loaf baked in squash, and veggies or a salad.

Probably no walking today--- it is stormy and rainy. Can't walk inside (like I can at home!) 'cuz the RV is just 35' long! LOL Might wear a path in the aisle!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #1043

Quote:
So far this morning I have had 2 breakfast sausage patties (Jimmy Dean.) I got online to look up the pumpkin shake recipe, and plan to have that next.

Kind of shaky on what lunch will be... maybe lunch meat and cheese? Need to have a plan since we're going to a holiday bazaar that will have lots of goodies. I don't want to be hungry!

Dinner will be meat loaf baked in squash, and veggies or a salad.

Probably no walking today--- it is stormy and rainy. Can't walk inside (like I can at home!) 'cuz the RV is just 35' long! LOL [B] Might wear a path in the aisle!
[/B]

Hope yo have fun at the Bazaar.. buy me sumpin purty..
Old 11-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #1044
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
[/B]

Hope yo have fun at the Bazaar.. buy me sumpin purty..
Oh rats! Didn't see this until AFTER the bazaar! You KNOW I would have boughtcha sumpin'!

Bought a Christmas village for ds#3 and his wife and stayed away from the food!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #1045
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today's meals:
B- 2 sausage patties, pumpkin shake
L- one lonely lil ol' sausage dog, no bun, no drink, no nuthin' else
D- homemade (RV made, LOL) meatloaf, green beans, 1/4 squash w/butter and SF maple syrup
S- one piece SF candy
Maybe a small scoop of SF ice cream this evening
Old 11-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #1046

Hi Raini! It's good seeing you back on track, sweetie. I hope dh is feeling better.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #1047

Quote:
Oh rats! Didn't see this until AFTER the bazaar! You KNOW I would have boughtcha sumpin'!

Bought a Christmas village for ds#3 and his wife and stayed away from the food!!!
. Every time me or my friend Beth go shopping without each other.. the other says... buy me sumpin purty.................even though we really don't..lol.. sooo I just had to say it :P

I bet the village is just beautiful
Old 11-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #1048
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I spent a lot of time posting on another thread today-- guess I should have posted it here so I could find it later when I need encouragement. Oh well--- Here's some of it:

Dh and I volunteered to help set up for a big Thanksgiving dinner last night. We set tables for 680 people. One reason I volunteered was to help out the regular members so they could work less and enjoy more; but also to stay busy, not concentrate on food, and not feel awkward by not having anything to do while amongst 678 people I didn't know. Well, we got it done a lot faster than we thought it would take, and had a full hour of waiting around with nothing to do.

I had planned on having just turkey and green beans, but alas I didn't see the green beans anywhere. Dh said they were on the same serving dish as the corn, and of course I couldn't have corn so I didn't waste anytime looking at it. There was tossed salad and I took a lot of that, but it turned out that it was bagged lettuce and I didn't like the taste at all. I did eat it, because I didn't want people at our table to think I was wasting food.

What I found very interesting were the plates of all the women at our table. The men all had pretty much regular-looking Thanksgiving plates, but only one woman did. She seemed to need to point out that she is on a special diet for inflammation, but eats however she wants on Sundays. But the others ate like this:

#1- Ate nothing at all, not even any beverages, but did not explain why and no one asked her why. (I figured if she wanted to explain, she would have done so on her own.)

#2- Had a plate that looked almost like mine, except she did have a small amount of stuffing, and also kept sneaking things off her husband's plate. (I thought it interesting that she would point that out herself...)

#3- Had turkey, salad and green beans and ate very, v - e - r -y slowly. She'd take one bite, chew slowly, and wait quite awhile before taking the next bite. This example was probably the most helpful to me. The woman is a psychologist and in remission from breast cancer. I knew these things about her because she gave her testimony that morning at church.

What impressed me the most: She came alone, but that didn't stop her from having a good time. She didn't eat a lot, and took her time enjoying what she had. She focused on enjoying the conversation at the table.

I need to eat a little slower... but that will be a challenge because dh is always done a long time before me as it is, and usually in a hurry to leave the table. I've had to ask him to sit still at restaurants because he wants to go pay the bill and leave me sitting at the table. He's even stood to leave while I'm still eating. Guess now is a good time to tell him it is just going to get worse!

Today is Day #7 of me getting back on track after messing up since we've been on vacation. This tells me that I truly can do this, even if we are on the road. Dh might tempt me to go off track, but when I really put my foot down and let him know I am serious, he will be supportive.

Now that I have my meals back on track, I need to get busy with exercise. I obviously don't get to move around as much in the RV as I do at home; but at least we get out and go somewhere almost everyday while we're on the road, so I am moving outdoors more. Still, there is a lovely treadmill over in the clubhouse I could have been using and SHOULD be using. My only excuse is that it is isolated and I'm not sure how safe it is to be working out strenuously when I'm alone. Dh won't exercise with me, and doesn't like sitting over there with me. I guess I should just trust God with my well-being and get over there and do it!

Today's meals-
B- nothing... kept waiting until I was hungry, and it was lunch time before I was
L- KFC grilled chicken breast, SG bread-and-butter pickle spear, 1 piece SF candy (chocolate-covered orange stick)
D- pot roast and veggies
Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #1049

Interesting about the women. The one woman reminds me of something they said on biggest loser this past week about mindful eating. Because obese people have a hard time with their "pleasure centers" not telling them that they are enjoying the food, they must eat mindfully . . . slowly . . . paying attention to how full they are getting.

Congrats on 7 days straight! whoo hooo!

OHHHHHhhhhh! Isn't KFC grilled chicken just lovely! I sure wish I knew what their spices are!

Enjoy the treadmill. I'll be thinking of you when I'm doing cardio in the morning.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #1050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Interesting about the women. The one woman reminds me of something they said on biggest loser this past week about mindful eating. Because obese people have a hard time with their "pleasure centers" not telling them that they are enjoying the food, they must eat mindfully . . . slowly . . . paying attention to how full they are getting.
I do need to learn to do that again. I remember when I was young and dating, and ate very, very slowly and very little food. I was always being told that I wasn't eating enough. Well, duh that's why I was still slender and healthy! But I think I was usually just more excited about being with the person than eating.

Quote:
Congrats on 7 days straight! whoo hooo!
Thanks! I'm lovin' it!

Quote:
OHHHHHhhhhh! Isn't KFC grilled chicken just lovely! I sure wish I knew what their spices are!
I'm thinking I need to ask them if there is sugar in there! It really almost tastes too good to be true.

Quote:
Enjoy the treadmill. I'll be thinking of you when I'm doing cardio in the morning.
I didn't end up walking on the treadmill, but went one better: Dh and I took a very long, brisk walk. It was really cold out and threatening to rain, and I didn't use that as an excuse not to go.

And get THIS: What are the chances that a person would decide to do something healthy (like go for a walk) and have a total stranger (like a Schwann's delivery person) approach them while they are on their walk and offer them a free treat (like ICE CREAM!!!?) It could only happen to me, right? I swear it happened! I said, "No thanks" but said maybe my dh would like one, which he did. I should have asked for a bag of broccoli!!!