LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #991
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Hi Raini! I know you're having a good time with your family and I know you're staying on course with your nutrition. You are in control and loving it!
Yeah, we can dream, can't we??? <sigh>
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #992
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Yooo Hoooo . . . Little Ms. Raini? It's been 5 days since your last post . . . Yooooooo Hoooooo . . . where are you?
I'm here... shamefully here... didn't do well after all. Now I need to get back on track and turn down all the garbage that isn't good for me!

So hard to get on track after messing up, because my body goes from being in control to always being hungry. Today is so far so good.

Breakfast was pork rinds French toast, an egg and 2 pieces of no nitrate/no nitrite bacon.

I HAVE to get back to that "place" of complete control over my food. We're leaving in a couple of weeks for a long RV trip and that's where I always end up messing up really bad and gaining weight. I even asked dh if I didn't lose at least 2 pounds each week, could we turn around and come home. I figured that would keep him accountable, too--- he wouldn't be tempting me to go off plan just because I feel sorry for him. (Poor baby, we don't go out for Chinese food or Mexican or pizza or any other place that has nothing for me.) But he just got real quiet when I asked him and wouldn't talk about it. So it really will be all up to me if I stay on plan or not.

Also hard because I'm cut off from my buddies here a lot of the time we're traveling. Poor me!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #993
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
AWWW.. well you know it only takes a few days to get back in the zone when you give up the carbs,,, so take it one day at a time.. and always sooner then later..

monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did one round of exercise on the Rebounder today. Could have done more but forgot. I've been busy with the insurance stuff. Hoped to have it FAX's by today, but maybe tomorrow. Almost done, in any event!

Stayed on program except for one handful of mixed nuts. I'll be stronger tomorrow! No nuts!!!

Breakfast: pork rinds French toast, egg and bacon
Lunch: slice of cheese, chopped tomato, 2 slices bacon and mayo
Dinner: pork chop in Alfredo sauce, fresh green beans, half a cucumber and two small cherry tomatoes (all veggies from dh's garden!)
Old 09-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #995

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Go Raini, Go Raini, Go Raini!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Did one round of exercise on the Rebounder today. Could have done more but forgot. I've been busy with the insurance stuff. Hoped to have it FAX's by today, but maybe tomorrow. Almost done, in any event!

Stayed on program except for one handful of mixed nuts. I'll be stronger tomorrow! No nuts!!!

Breakfast: pork rinds French toast, egg and bacon
Lunch: slice of cheese, chopped tomato, 2 slices bacon and mayo
Dinner: pork chop in Alfredo sauce, fresh green beans, half a cucumber and two small cherry tomatoes (all veggies from dh's garden!)
Old 09-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #997
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woooo Hoooo!!! NO NUTS!
Breakfast- same as yesterday
Lunch-Atkins bar and green tea
Dinner- leftover pork chop, Brussel sprouts, cherry tomato

Snack- one bite Atkins bar
Old 09-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #998

Quote:
Woooo Hoooo!!! NO NUTS!
Breakfast- same as yesterday
Lunch-Atkins bar and green tea
Dinner- leftover pork chop, Brussel sprouts, cherry tomato

Snack- one bite Atkins bar
Old 09-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #999

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
NO NUTS!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anyone have a Cricut? Or Cuttlebug? I've been busy working on my Christmas cards for this year. Yes, ALREADY! I always say, "If they aren't done by the end of September, I'm not making them." Of course, that's a lie, because I end up making at least a few anyway. But I still end up sending store-bought for most everyone.

Anyway, I already had a Cricut, but I didn't have a Cuttlebug. Today I bought one on eBay with a whole lot of embossing folders with it. I figure I can sell the ones I don't want or need, but it was more affordable to do that than buy a new machine and have to start from scratch buying folders. I hope that I'm happy with my purchase when it arrives, 'cuz dh let me increase my bid to almost double what we'd agreed on at the beginning of the auction!

Tomorrow is all-day shopping off-island. Could use :a prayer" 'cuz something's wrong with my left foot. It will send a sharp shooting pain up to my ankle, and then my foot just gives way. Not real great if I need to be walking all day.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #1001

Quote:
Anyone have a Cricut? Or Cuttlebug? I've been busy working on my Christmas cards for this year. Yes, ALREADY! I always say, "If they aren't done by the end of September, I'm not making them." Of course, that's a lie, because I end up making at least a few anyway. But I still end up sending store-bought for most everyone.

Anyway, I already had a Cricut, but I didn't have a Cuttlebug. Today I bought one on eBay with a whole lot of embossing folders with it. I figure I can sell the ones I don't want or need, but it was more affordable to do that than buy a new machine and have to start from scratch buying folders. I hope that I'm happy with my purchase when it arrives, 'cuz dh let me increase my bid to almost double what we'd agreed on at the beginning of the auction!

Tomorrow is all-day shopping off-island. Could use :a prayer" 'cuz something's wrong with my left foot. It will send a sharp shooting pain up to my ankle, and then my foot just gives way. Not real great if I need to be walking all day.
I have a Cricut ... ..but not the cutterbug.. .. sounds like you got a good buy ..

I will pray for your foot girly.. and don't forget to take foods to can eat.. just incase your dh eats a lot again .. and you get hungry..
Old 09-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday went okay. Had breakfast at a buffet and I had a small omelet with bacon and sausage. Also a few bites of watermelon and cantalope.

I realized I was hungry again after we got done shopping at Wal-Mart. Some guy was walking by us, spilling his popcorn chicken on the floor as he passed. When I realized I was almost drooling, I thought "It's time to eat!" Dh was thinking the same thing, so we popped in to the Subway right there. He had a sub, and I had a roast beef sub in a bowl. I thought about you guys the whole time we were eating! I'm kind of jealous that you two can go to a Subway whenever you want. This was the first time I've eaten at one in probably three years.

HOWEVER- there is a Subway in the town where we will be spending the first two weeks of our vacation! And when dh suggests chili-cheese fries, I can suggest Subway instead!

My foot is much worse today. I am going to start heavy doses of Motrin and try to stay off my feet as much as possible. I SO want to exercise, but hopefully a few days rest will pay off in the long run. Thanks for your prayers!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #1003

Quote:
Yesterday went okay. Had breakfast at a buffet and I had a small omelet with bacon and sausage. Also a few bites of watermelon and cantalope.

I realized I was hungry again after we got done shopping at Wal-Mart. Some guy was walking by us, spilling his popcorn chicken on the floor as he passed. When I realized I was almost drooling, I thought "It's time to eat!" Dh was thinking the same thing, so we popped in to the Subway right there. He had a sub, and I had a roast beef sub in a bowl. I thought about you guys the whole time we were eating! I'm kind of jealous that you two can go to a Subway whenever you want. This was the first time I've eaten at one in probably three years.

HOWEVER- there is a Subway in the town where we will be spending the first two weeks of our vacation! And when dh suggests chili-cheese fries, I can suggest Subway instead!

My foot is much worse today. I am going to start heavy doses of Motrin and try to stay off my feet as much as possible. I SO want to exercise, but hopefully a few days rest will pay off in the long run. Thanks for your prayers!!!
maybe you can lay on the floor and do leg lifts.. move them arms in circles.. something but not on your feet..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #1004
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe I can try that on Thursday. Tomorrow is another off-island day- gotta take all the kitties to the vet. (Thai loves it, Gracie tolerates it, Shasta hates it and plots my death afterwards!) Reminds me... I need to pack Q-Tips for Thai. He loves to play with those while the vet is examining him.

Breakfast was- hot flax cereal
Lunch was- cheese "crackers" and clam dip, an Atkins bar
Dinner was- big tossed salad with chicken and cheese

Of course I wouldn't think of getting on the scales, but if I did, I would have lost 2.5 pounds of the 5 I gained last week. <sigh> Sure a lot harder and slower to come off than putting them on!

Did anyone see the lady that weighs over 700 pounds and loves being fat? Her goal is to get to 1600 pounds. They showed the meals she eats and I know I couldn't eat like that even if I wanted to. I'd have heartburn and probably gout and a gallbladder attack, not to mention all the reactions from my allergies. And I don't want to gain even 1 pound, let alone 900! She is a single mom, and I wonder if she'll get to live long enough to see her kid grow up. Sad.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #1005

Quote:
Maybe I can try that on Thursday. Tomorrow is another off-island day- gotta take all the kitties to the vet. (Thai loves it, Gracie tolerates it, Shasta hates it and plots my death afterwards!) Reminds me... I need to pack Q-Tips for Thai. He loves to play with those while the vet is examining him.

Breakfast was- hot flax cereal
Lunch was- cheese "crackers" and clam dip, an Atkins bar
Dinner was- big tossed salad with chicken and cheese

Of course I wouldn't think of getting on the scales, but if I did, I would have lost 2.5 pounds of the 5 I gained last week. <sigh> Sure a lot harder and slower to come off than putting them on!

Did anyone see the lady that weighs over 700 pounds and loves being fat? Her goal is to get to 1600 pounds. They showed the meals she eats and I know I couldn't eat like that even if I wanted to. I'd have heartburn and probably gout and a gallbladder attack, not to mention all the reactions from my allergies. And I don't want to gain even 1 pound, let alone 900! She is a single mom, and I wonder if she'll get to live long enough to see her kid grow up. Sad.
No..was that on Dr Oz.. I saw a preview for it,, maybe I can watch it on line today .. yeah.. thats crazy.. in the preview she said she wanted to see how fat she can get....

gotta run
Old 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast (early-early-too early) was an Atkins bar
Snack- Cheese "crackers" with clam dip
Lunch- dh's home made chicken soup
Dinner- gotta come up with something!

We didn't go off-island yesterday. Waited in line for the ferry, but it broke down and by the time they got the replacement running we had missed all the kitties' appointments. Now we have to schedule for another day.

I think I get to work on making components for my Christmas cards again today. I'm taking all the pieces on our RV trip and will assemble them along the way. No, it's NOT too early, because when I wait any longer than this, they don't get finished and I get crazy-busy trying to get ready for the holidays.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #1007

Quote:
Breakfast (early-early-too early) was an Atkins bar
Snack- Cheese "crackers" with clam dip
Lunch- dh's home made chicken soup
Dinner- gotta come up with something!

We didn't go off-island yesterday. Waited in line for the ferry, but it broke down and by the time they got the replacement running we had missed all the kitties' appointments. Now we have to schedule for another day.

I think I get to work on making components for my Christmas cards again today. I'm taking all the pieces on our RV trip and will assemble them along the way. No, it's NOT too early, because when I wait any longer than this, they don't get finished and I get crazy-busy trying to get ready for the holidays.
nope,.. not to early.. I've already started shoppin
Old 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey- just checked my friends' journal sites and saw NOTHING about BL! What's with that?

Just got word today that a woman was found tied up, bag over her head, beaten and stabbed on the island yesterday. That is NOT the sort of thing that happens here! Never has before! The police are all hush-hush about it, so all we have are rumors. One of the rumors is that the suspect is a guy we know (not a friend though!) Is that scary or what? One person said the victim was in the hospital and they didn't know if she was going to live, and another person said they didn't know if she even went to the hospital. With no credible information, all we can do is pray for the victim, hope the perp is caught, be careful ourselves, and not enter into the rumor mill.

Our house is DONE DONE DONE! The last bit of unfinished stuff was completed today and we paid off the contractor. Spoke with the insurance guy and he hopes to wrap up the last of everything before we leave.

The next nine days we'll be busy making lists, planning and packing. Whew! I'm still having cravings that I only resist half the time, but reading D's and Monet's journals have given me encouragement to stick on plan. I'm going to try to plan and cook ahead a number of meals to get us off to a good start when we get on the road.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:01 AM   #1009

Raini posted.. woot woot..

wow.. about the lady.. ..

glad the house is all done.. yayayayaya... wish I could say the same... they set up my new side walk last week.. waiting for them to come pour the concreat..... we keep getting a " tomorrow".. ugh... then finish land scaping.. .. then I'll be able to get all my yard pretties back in the yard and off my breezeway..... it looks a mess.. .. and now the yard around where they've been working is grassless.. so again.. we need to grow new grass..

but It will get done ..

good idea on cooking up some meals.. .. you can do it !!!
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Raini posted.. woot woot..

wow.. about the lady.. ..

glad the house is all done.. yayayayaya... wish I could say the same... they set up my new side walk last week.. waiting for them to come pour the concreat..... we keep getting a " tomorrow".. ugh... then finish land scaping.. .. then I'll be able to get all my yard pretties back in the yard and off my breezeway..... it looks a mess.. .. and now the yard around where they've been working is grassless.. so again.. we need to grow new grass..

but It will get done ..

good idea on cooking up some meals.. .. you can do it !!!
Good luck on the landscaping. It'll all come together eventually. I know how hard it is to wait... believe me! Love your new little smiley with the hankie!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #1011
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another off-island day, but probably (and hopefully) not ALL day. It will be too hot in the car for our kitties.

Have to take the kitties to the vet (after the ferry broke down last week when we were in line to take them. (Thai was ticked all day, getting cheated out of a day in the Jeep!)

Funny thing happened yesterday. Thai and Gracie LOVE going "bye-bye in the Jeep." Thai usually stands by the door and cries if dh leaves without him. Gracie comes running to the door if you ask if she wants to go bye-bye. But Shasta hates riding and usually runs and hides if she thinks we are taking her anywhere. Well, yesterday dh was loading up Thai and Gracie to go for a ride, and I asked Shasta if she wanted to go bye-bye. I expected her to turn and run like she always does. But NO! She stopped, looked at me and followed me to the door! I picked her up and carried her to the Jeep.

Dh said "She doesn't want to go" and I said, "I think she does!" So we loaded her up with the other two kitties and took her. She was pretty nervous at first, but sat on my lap and looked out the window. Eventually she looked like she was really enjoying herself!

I think her previous experiences with riding in a vehicle were probably just to the vet (which she hates) and once when someone took her to the animal shelter, which she really hated. Of course, now she'll be mad at us again for taking her to the vet today, poor baby!

Okay... Atkins. Inspired last night by BL, and also by posts from friends, so I'm back on track today. (Easy to say when I haven't started the day yet, LOL.) But I'm starting with breakfast (eggs and ?) in a few minutes, will have to stay strong for lunch on the mainland, and really be challenged for dinner 'cuz I have no idea what we're having yet. Had all kinds of ideas yesterday, but can't think of any of them right now.

I can DO this. I HAVE to do this!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #1012

Quote:
Good luck on the landscaping. It'll all come together eventually. I know how hard it is to wait... believe me! Love your new little smiley with the hankie!

ITS NOT mine.. ITS EVERYONES
Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #1013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Honeys, we're home! Good trip to the vet today. Shasta didn't pee on me! LOL Also stopped at Michael's and JoAnn's and picked up a few things at 40% off.

So far so good on my eating today.
B- two fried eggs and some bacon (no nitrites or nitrates)
L- Wendy's half-pounder, no bread, Lipton SF ice tea to drink
S- half of a very old Atkins bar
D- baked chicken and veggies (haven't eaten yet, though)

Time to fix dinner. I'm pooped!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #1014

Quote:
Hi Honeys, we're home! Good trip to the vet today. Shasta didn't pee on me! LOL Also stopped at Michael's and JoAnn's and picked up a few things at 40% off.

So far so good on my eating today.
B- two fried eggs and some bacon (no nitrites or nitrates)
L- Wendy's half-pounder, no bread, Lipton SF ice tea to drink
S- half of a very old Atkins bar
D- baked chicken and veggies (haven't eaten yet, though)

Time to fix dinner. I'm pooped!
great menu

40% off..
Old 09-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Challenging day... got to sleep too late last night, Thai-kitty woke us with a severe astha attack at 5:30 am, dh woke me a couple of times after I finally got back to sleep to see what time I wanted to get up and then I was rushing to get to a meeting when a neighbor calls LAST MINUTE to ask about all the candidates we are supposed to be voting on and how to oppose the proposed budget. I'm standing there with wet hair, haven't had breakfast, I'm not dressed and I'm supposed to leave in 15 minutes. We've been after him for the last two weeks to get his voting taken care of. Dh had to drive over and pick up his ballots 'cuz the guy wasn't even going to the meeting.

So I walk into the meeting room, hotter than blazes, filled to way more than capacity, and at least dh went ahead and saved me a seat. Three rows behind me are boxes and boxes and BOXES of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. And did I mention the room is HOT? The current board members (only two showed up plus one on the phone) are annoying the heck out of all of the rest of the membership and the meeting goes on and on and on. And I'm smelling Krispy Kremes for three stinkin' hours.

The meeting finally comes to an end when we vote in 5 new board members, and we're all heading home to pick up potluck dishes for a picnic at the marina to celebrate. I made one hot dish for all, plus layered up a LC piece of pizza for myself. We get to the marina and someone shows up with... you guessed it... more boxes and boxes of Krispy Kremes. Everyone gets in line for the potluck except me. I go to the Jeep to get my own lunch. But dh didn't bother packing it in the Jeep... it got left at home on the counter. And then the people at our table come back with plates piled high with food... and Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I finally got in the potluck line, at the very end, to see if there is anything I could have. I picked out three little slices of sausage from the dish I made, three little pieces of sausage from a dish my friend made, and a slice of sandwich roll from which I threw away the bread and had about an ounce of turkey and cheese.

Some lady that was here for the summer (who spent an awful lot of time beig cutsey and flirting with dh over the last three months) kept trying to take my picture. I'm usually a pretty nice person, but I was about ready to take that camera and place it... okay, I'm not saying it.

I came home and gave in to two chocolate chip (LC)cookies, which are more carbs than I should have, but nothing compared to the damage that could have been done. I wasn't happy about passing up the Krpsy Kremes at the time, but of course now I am thankful that I did.

Now I get to go clean up the kitchen that got thrashed while we were trying to get potluck stuff ready. And I have vented my frustrations so maybe I can let go of it all now. Whew!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #1016

. what a day you had..

but yes.. I am super happy that you passed up those devil doughnuts...

and yeah.. lady flirting with dh .. insert camera...

have a better day my friend..
Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #1017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice day... kinda sunny, kinda stormy. I'm a little sad to see summer go...

The sermon today was on loving our neighbor... neighbor meaning anyone we come in contact with and not just the nice ones. I'm wondering if all the nonsense with our community association was maybe the reason for this series. It sure is hard to love some people, eh?

Been cleaning and sorting in the RV to get ready for our trip. Seems like no matter how hard I work at getting ready, the last hour is always frantic-- grabbing stuff I'm sure we couldn't possibly live without. We may pop back here for a day two weeks from today for an apple squeeze. Our first destination... for two weeks... is just an hour from the ferry dock on the mainland, so an easy drive if we want to come back. Depends on the weather, and if our friends would like to join us.

I have LC cookbooks in the RV and have been checking recipes and packing LC supplies. I can DO THIS!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #1018

Quote:
Nice day... kinda sunny, kinda stormy. I'm a little sad to see summer go...

The sermon today was on loving our neighbor... neighbor meaning anyone we come in contact with and not just the nice ones. I'm wondering if all the nonsense with our community association was maybe the reason for this series. It sure is hard to love some people, eh?

Been cleaning and sorting in the RV to get ready for our trip. Seems like no matter how hard I work at getting ready, the last hour is always frantic-- grabbing stuff I'm sure we couldn't possibly live without. We may pop back here for a day two weeks from today for an apple squeeze. Our first destination... for two weeks... is just an hour from the ferry dock on the mainland, so an easy drive if we want to come back. Depends on the weather, and if our friends would like to join us.

I have LC cookbooks in the RV and have been checking recipes and packing LC supplies. I can DO THIS!
YES you can ..

and yes.. its hard to love everyone..lol.. but we must.. those we ?.. we need to pray for .. and ask God to help us LOVE them ..

when are you leaving exactly??

its rained allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day here.. and its chilly out.. and I don't wanna see winter get here either.. ..

have a good rest of your day..
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #1019
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm... I KNOW I responded yesterday. Which way did it go? Duh...
Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #1020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gorgeous day today. Trying to get most of the rest of the packing done. Tomorrow will be for last minute stuff only.

I'm baking bacon today, and also making a black bean chocolate cake to freeze in single servings.

Just found our there's going to be a big Pig Roast at the RV resort Saturday! Yummers!