Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
You've got to be kidding! I can't find a cartwheel smilie but we can raise the roof! YAYAAYAYAYAYAYAAYAY!

dusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I don't think D is up to cartwheels yet... soon I hope!

Have an icky meeting this am and then sneaking off-island to go to a craft sale. Hating the idea of the freeway traffic, but lovin' the idea of rummaging through mark-down items that the lady said are marked down as much as 75%. Have my lunch packed so no tempting moments driving by Krispy Kremes! LOL
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #963

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I don't think D is up to cartwheels yet... soon I hope!

Have an icky meeting this am and then sneaking off-island to go to a craft sale. Hating the idea of the freeway traffic, but lovin' the idea of rummaging through mark-down items that the lady said are marked down as much as 75%. Have my lunch packed so no tempting moments driving by Krispy Kremes! LOL
I love sales .. get some good stuff
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #964

Way to go on planning your food ahead of time! Proud of you woman!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #965

Quote:
THE ROOF IS DONE!!!!!! Cartwheels please!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
That's what I was thinkin'! Thank you!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So... yesterday I was amazing. Okay.... GOD was amazingly faithful to keep me on track!

I had a bacon and cheese omelet for breakfast, and then packed my LC chicken salad for my lunch. Also packed an Atkins bar and a small amount of nuts "for emergencies." I had planned to eat my lunch on the ferry, but I left the island earlier than planned (skipped the icky meeting, thank you very much) so I wasn't hungry by then.

Traffic was awful and stressful, and shortly after I arrived the ladies at the sale were going out to pick up lunch. They asked what everyone wanted and I said, "Chicken Salad... and lucky for you I brought my own." But I left when they came back with the food, and still hadn't had my lunch. That left me open to be hungry for other stuff on the way home. I stopped at Trader Joe's and passed up the rice dish they were demo-ing in the back. I looked longingly at the Chinese restaurant that dh and I ate at the last time we were out that way. I even passed up a little hamburger place that always has long lines of people waiting for orders (we figure it must be REALLY good.) I confess, I ALMOST decided to stop and have a burger WITH the bun and "start again tomorrow." But I am always starting over, and now I want to keep on going. So I didn't stop.

I stopped at the mall to get a pedicure and knew I wouldn't be able to wait for lunch any longer. So I ate half of my salad while sitting in the car and ate half of the Atkins bar that was melting in the trunk, got my pedicure and came back out to finish the other half of the salad. (Yes, the salad was in a cooler.)

I knew we had good low carb stuff at home, so I didn't buy anything else to take home. Dinner was leftover pot roast and broccoli/cauliflower mix, and dessert was a small piece of LC chocolate cake.

I also made it through a church potluck today. I took LC coleslaw and little sausages with LC barbecue sauce so I'd know there was something I could eat. Also had one bite of sausage with a couple of bites of sauerkraut, and a sliver of watermelon. I helped dry dishes while others were having dessert, and had one of my little tiny pieces of chocolate (LC) cake later.

I pray that I can stay on plan like this forever! I feel so much better... no swollen knees or ankles, more energy, better attitude.... I LOVE how I feel! I've had a number of challenges this week and made it through them all. I don't feel deprived in the least... why can't I always have that attitude?

OH!--- What I bought at the sale: an Ott light for $5! Two eyelet-setting kits for $2.50 each! Two BIG circle punches for $2.50 each, a bottle of ink refill for fifty cents or a dollar, and a Rollograph handle (not sure where mine went) for fifty cents or a dollar. Also bought a neat storage box for inks or other stuff... a nice size to take in the RV.

On the way home I used a JoAnn's coupon at Michael's for 40% off a butterfly deep lace punch.

When we lived in Portland I shopped a lot. I had more $$$ to spend because I was working and dh hadn't yet taken early retirement AND I had a lot of fun places to shop. Now I don't really need a lot of stuff, and when I go to the mainland it's usually with dh. Yesterday it felt odd to go without him, but it was good for me to get away and just play. I had no idea what I might need at that sale, but I did pray about it on the way out there. The Ott light will be perfect for the RV because it is small, and great because the lights in there in the evening aren't too good for crafting. I had no plans to pay full price for one, but $5 is a very good price. I'd been looking for a good circle punch, and although the ones I found weren't exactly what I had in mind, they will work fine and cost a lot less than the other kind.

We've been invited to dinner with friends this evening-- burgers and hot dogs, they say. I'm taking my coleslaw. I'm a lot more confident eating away from home than I've been in a long time.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #968

Old 08-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #969

Ms. Raini . . . I am just soooooo proud of you and Ms. Lisa!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #970

you did awesome girly!!!! yayayayaa
Old 08-29-2011, 01:08 AM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You amaze me, D! Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 AM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
you did awesome girly!!!! yayayayaa
Thank you, thank you. Thank you very much. (Elvis has left the building.)
Old 08-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Friends were joking about the burgers and hot dogs. She served a luscious salmon, maybe the best I've ever had in my life! Said she bought the fillets at Costco, spread some mayo on top and then poured on the Old Bay Seasoning that we use for cooking our crab. No bones, moist and tender and yummmmmmmmm...

Also served two pasta salads so I was glad I brought cole slaw. And dessert was a huge, gooey chocolate cake. Yum!!!! Just kidding... I didn't touch it! And I didn't care. Thank you Lord Jesus!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #974

Quote:
And dessert was a huge, gooey chocolate cake. Yum!!!!
You scared me there for a second!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #975

Quote:
Friends were joking about the burgers and hot dogs. She served a luscious salmon, maybe the best I've ever had in my life! Said she bought the fillets at Costco, spread some mayo on top and then poured on the Old Bay Seasoning that we use for cooking our crab. No bones, moist and tender and yummmmmmmmm...

Also served two pasta salads so I was glad I brought cole slaw. And dessert was a huge, gooey chocolate cake. Yum!!!! Just kidding... I didn't touch it! And I didn't care. Thank you Lord Jesus!!!
Salmon.. mmmm... I think I'll try that with mine.. I have old bay...
Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #976
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday was a long one... started out with breakfast at dh's favorite buffet (not mine!) I had part of an omelet and the lady making it didn't pay attention to what I wanted in it. She even repeated back (correctly) what I said and still put in stuff I didn't want. Then the waitress asked what we wanted to drink, and I asked for a cup of hot water because I brought my own SF cocoa. She brought me a tall plastic glass of hot water!!! Really??? Why would anyone pour boiling water in a plastic drinking glass?

We must have encountered the largest number of rude, inconsiderate and dishonest people we've ever had to deal with all in one day yesterday. A lady driver that turned right in front of us, almost hitting us and she didn't have a turn signal on... but glared at us like it was our fault. Then a lady coming off the freeway and merged into our lane almost hitting us because she was on the phone (illegal) and not watching the road. We had to swerve so far over we almost hit a cop! Then a lady at the grocery store stealing food and feeding it to her grandkids while they shopped... doughnuts and a bag of goldfish crackers that she got from the bins. We know she didn't pay for them because she was right in line in front of us. Then someone who left their poor little dog in the car while they shopped and it was probably over 100 degrees in the car. The dog was panting and trying to find shade, but there wasn't any. I spoke to the manager of the store and he said he'd keep an eye out, but I wish I'd called the police. Finally, stopped for burgers at a fast-food place where the employees were all goofing off in the back of the kitchen and not interested in working at all. There was pop spilled all over the floor, the tables were filthy and we couldn't find a clean one. Dh mentioned it and the guy glanced at the floor and went back to the kitchen. We were there about half an hour, only two other customers in that entire time so it wasn't like they were busy but they never cleaned the floor or the tables while we were there. My burger patty arrived with no mayo and no fork or knife to cut it, and of course they were all back at the rear of the building joking around when we tried to ask for a fork.

I don't think I'm THAT fussy, but it sure seemed like my patience was being tried yesterday.

I really had the munchies last evening and I'm trying to analyze why. First, it was a long, hot day. Then, breakfast was around 9:30, and I was hungry by 2 or 2:30 but couldn't get dh interested in stopping for lunch until about 4:30. When we got home I had all those groceries to put away and dh wasn't interested in having dinner. He was watching tv and all those commercials with food really got to me. I did a lot of "legal" snacking, but was eating too much. I finally fixed some leftover pot roast but the damage was done. I should have fixed an actual meal, and much sooner. Obviously, being hot, tired, worn-out and cranky does not bode well for staying on a healthy low carb plan.

Getting back on track today. Gonna get some water now!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #977

Raini, you did wonderfully with all that stress!

Is there any way at all you could be more assertive when you are hungry and dh isn't? Just because he isn't hungry doesn't mean you should put off eating. He can wait around for you to eat something as I'm sure you wait around for him to eat somethings.

Plus, when he eats so late and then doesn't want anything else, there is nothing wrong with you fixing yourself dinner even though he doesn't want any.

Take care of you, sweetie . . . your dh will understand that you need to take care of yourself, I'm sure.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #978

Quote:

Is there any way at all you could be more assertive when you are hungry and dh isn't? Just because he isn't hungry doesn't mean you should put off eating. He can wait around for you to eat something as I'm sure you wait around for him to eat somethings.

Plus, when he eats so late and then doesn't want anything else, there is nothing wrong with you fixing yourself dinner even though he doesn't want any.

Take care of you, sweetie . . . your dh will understand that you need to take care of yourself, I'm sure.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #979
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

We talked about this. He said, "You could have told me that you were hungry earlier." I reminded him that I DID tell him, but he ignored me and started talking about something else. You're right-- I need to be more assertive. I'm working on that!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #980

Quote:
I need to be more assertive. I'm working on that!
Good girl!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast- flax muffin w/ rhubarb
Lunch- 6 lil smokies and a slice of cheese melted over the top
Dinner- ground beef with cream cheese, cream and green beans
Snacks- 5 almonds, and then three almonds later
1 chunk SF chocolate, 1 piece SF coconut candy
Drinks- water, iced tea
Old 09-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #982

Wonderful, Raini!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #983

Quote:
Breakfast- flax muffin w/ rhubarb
Lunch- 6 lil smokies and a slice of cheese melted over the top
Dinner- ground beef with cream cheese, cream and green beans
Snacks- 5 almonds, and then three almonds later
1 chunk SF chocolate, 1 piece SF coconut candy
Drinks- water, iced tea
looks great!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #984

Have a beautiful day Rainiiiiiii
Old 09-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #985

Howdy Ms. Raini!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here... have ds#3 and his wife here through Monday. They arrived a lot later than planned, so we missed doing some of the stuff we wanted to do. Also set meals 'way off course, but I stayed on track.

They are kind of health nuts, but still eat cookies and sweets. Go figure. But I turned down the Nutter Butter Sandwich cookies. Woo hoo!!! And didn't miss them. Double Wooo hooo!

Breakfast- stroganoff omelet (left over stroganoff in my eggs, LOL)
Lunch- homemade turkey soup with pork rinds, LC rhubarb coffee cake
Dinner- taco salad, small piece LC rhubarb coffee cake
Snack- 7 nuts
Old 09-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #987

Good job Raini! Have a good time with your family.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #988

Quote:
I'm here... have ds#3 and his wife here through Monday. They arrived a lot later than planned, so we missed doing some of the stuff we wanted to do. Also set meals 'way off course, but I stayed on track.

They are kind of health nuts, but still eat cookies and sweets. Go figure. But I turned down the Nutter Butter Sandwich cookies. Woo hoo!!! And didn't miss them. Double Wooo hooo!

Breakfast- stroganoff omelet (left over stroganoff in my eggs, LOL)
Lunch- homemade turkey soup with pork rinds, LC rhubarb coffee cake
Dinner- taco salad, small piece LC rhubarb coffee cake
Snack- 7 nuts
.. those are my hubs FAV cookies..

rhubarb.. used to eat that when I was little at my grandmas.. I do NOT rememeber liking it,.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #989

Hi Raini! I know you're having a good time with your family and I know you're staying on course with your nutrition. You are in control and loving it!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #990

Yooo Hoooo . . . Little Ms. Raini? It's been 5 days since your last post . . . Yooooooo Hoooooo . . . where are you?