Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #931
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Stayed up too late, had a hard time getting to sleep, woke up too early and had a hard time getting BACK to sleep and then overslept. Go figure.

I didn't want to get dressed to go to the kitchen for breakfast, (goldfish bowl, remember?) but didn't want to wait until I had my shower to be able to eat. So I foraged for food in my "off-island bag" and found an Atkins bar. I'll be fine for awhile now. Still need my shower.

My joints are stiff as if I'm retaining fluid. Don't know how I could be, considering just how close I've been to the little girls' room lately! Thinking about taking a water pill, but of course I'll be even closer to the little girls' room then.

Doggone it... I want to FEEL like I'm losing weight!
The doctors on the docs say that we need oiled.. so make sure your taking omega 3's girly.. just like the tin man.. we need oiled..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
The doctors on the docs say that we need oiled.. so make sure your taking omega 3's girly.. just like the tin man.. we need oiled..
Yes, Ma'am. I be gettin' oiled every day. Fish oil, fish oil, yummy yummy fish oil...

Breakfast was the above-mentioned Atkins bar.

Lunch was... hey, what was lunch? Oh yeah... what was left of a leftover hamburger, pickles and jicama.

Snack was a small piece of lc deep dish pizza when it came out of the oven long before dinner time.

Dinner was lc deep dish pizza... with onions, olives and pepperoni. More jicama, too. Also drank a diet orange soda. I don't drink soda much, but isn't it required to have soda with pizza? That's how I remember it, anyway.

Not enough water and no exercise except cleaning. Still, I feel SO much better now that I'm back on plan. Not one single nut today! No married ones, either!

Saw youse guys mention Skype. We do Skype too! Ds#3 and wife are in Thailand and we talk to them almost every evening.

Way past time for bed. Nighty-nite!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #933

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/320/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-25.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Yes, Ma'am. I be gettin' oiled every day. Fish oil, fish oil, yummy yummy fish oil...

Quote:
Not enough water and no exercise except cleaning. Still, I feel SO much better now that I'm back on plan. Not one single nut today! No married ones, either!
Loved that one!

Quote:
Saw youse guys mention Skype. We do Skype too! Ds#3 and wife are in Thailand and we talk to them almost every evening.

Way past time for bed. Nighty-nite!
Modern technology just blows me away!

dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Modern technology just blows me away!

Your poor little Smiley doesn't look too happy!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haven't eaten yet again today... stayed up too late again, woke up too early again, took too long to get back to sleep again... yada yada yada. Oh well.

I didn't eat anything after dinner last night! I wasn't hungry! I didn't think about eating! I LOVE it when I don't think about eating!

When I was finally getting in to bed last night, I was thinking about how I usually start thinking about food AGAIN at bedtime. Then I just reveled in the fact that I didn't have to worry about food for at least another 8 hours... but it's been ten hours now and I really am not hungry. Still, it's time to eat and I don't want to wait until I'm overly hungry. So- someone bring me breakfast, okay?
Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #936

Quote:
Haven't eaten yet again today... stayed up too late again, woke up too early again, took too long to get back to sleep again... yada yada yada. Oh well.

I didn't eat anything after dinner last night! I wasn't hungry! I didn't think about eating! I LOVE it when I don't think about eating!

When I was finally getting in to bed last night, I was thinking about how I usually start thinking about food AGAIN at bedtime. Then I just reveled in the fact that I didn't have to worry about food for at least another 8 hours... but it's been ten hours now and I really am not hungry. Still, it's time to eat and I don't want to wait until I'm overly hungry. So- someone bring me breakfast, okay?
LOVE it when this happens . the up side to low carbing
Old 08-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast- 2 fried eggs and one (last) small piece of LC pizza
Lunch- Leftover LC chicken parmigiana (Linda Sue's recipe) and brussel sprouts
Snack- 5 almonds (yeah, those are nuts)
Dinner- crab salad- lettuce, spinach, cheese, hard-cooked egg, pickles, mayo (mixed w/tomato sauce to mimic Thousand Island) and CRAB
Dessert- lc choc. chip cookie, small chunk lc peanut brittle

I kind of still have the munchies. Maybe because dinner was so late? Just as I was starting to make the salad, ds#3 Skyped from Thailand and we talked for more than an hour and a half. It was after 8pm when we got done. Kudos to me for not eating everything in sight right then!

Really great church service, and afterwards it was back up to my office/studio for more organizing. Also worked a bit on my Smash Books. (Look 'em up on YouTube. Fun!)

I'll be up tomorrow night at least until midnight. DS and Ddil will be at Heathrow and plan to call from there. The little sweetie asked if there was anything I wanted from London, bless his heart. I couldn't think of anything, but told him he needs to take a trip to France! LOL I'll have a whole list for him then.

Well, the roofers STILL are not done! They arrive anytime between 8-9, have a first lunch around 10-something and another one around noon. Then they take off for awhile, come back and then leave between 2-2:30. They were supposed to be done last Thursday. Now I'm just hoping they'll be done by this Thursday. And nothing like all the islanders saying, "Told ya so." 'Nuff of that... it just makes me mad thinking about how we got stuck with them. Grrrrrr.

So the point of all that is- we're STILL living in a goldfish bowl. We've kept the drapes in our bedroom closed for a week, and that's the only private place (other than the potties!) in our house. I can't cook, eat, clean or exercise without an audience. I will be so excited when this is over.

Done rambling. Done grumbling... for now!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 AM   #938

Quote:
Breakfast- 2 fried eggs and one (last) small piece of LC pizza
Lunch- Leftover LC chicken parmigiana (Linda Sue's recipe) and brussel sprouts
Snack- 5 almonds (yeah, those are nuts)
Dinner- crab salad- lettuce, spinach, cheese, hard-cooked egg, pickles, mayo (mixed w/tomato sauce to mimic Thousand Island) and CRAB
Dessert- lc choc. chip cookie, small chunk lc peanut brittle

I kind of still have the munchies. Maybe because dinner was so late? Just as I was starting to make the salad, ds#3 Skyped from Thailand and we talked for more than an hour and a half. It was after 8pm when we got done. Kudos to me for not eating everything in sight right then!

Really great church service, and afterwards it was back up to my office/studio for more organizing. Also worked a bit on my Smash Books. (Look 'em up on YouTube. Fun!)

I'll be up tomorrow night at least until midnight. DS and Ddil will be at Heathrow and plan to call from there. The little sweetie asked if there was anything I wanted from London, bless his heart. I couldn't think of anything, but told him he needs to take a trip to France! LOL I'll have a whole list for him then.

Well, the roofers STILL are not done! They arrive anytime between 8-9, have a first lunch around 10-something and another one around noon. Then they take off for awhile, come back and then leave between 2-2:30. They were supposed to be done last Thursday. Now I'm just hoping they'll be done by this Thursday. And nothing like all the islanders saying, "Told ya so." 'Nuff of that... it just makes me mad thinking about how we got stuck with them. Grrrrrr.

So the point of all that is- we're STILL living in a goldfish bowl. We've kept the drapes in our bedroom closed for a week, and that's the only private place (other than the potties!) in our house. I can't cook, eat, clean or exercise without an audience. I will be so excited when this is over.

Done rambling. Done grumbling... for now!
CRab salad.. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trying to decide if today will be my weigh-in day, or tomorrow since I didn't weigh until Tuesday last week. What to do.... what to do...

It's exciting to me that I get up in the morning looking forward to another Atkins day. So different from a little over a week ago when I'd wake up dreading meal decisions and stray off course again and again.

Please pray for ds and ddil... they need traveling mercies as they fly from Thailand to England, then England to Texas and then Texas to Portland.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made the big decision- weighed today. I lost 7 pounds since last Tuesday!

Back to my regularly scheduled day...
Old 08-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #941

Quote:
Made the big decision- weighed today. I lost 7 pounds since last Tuesday!

Back to my regularly scheduled day...
wo0o0o0ho0o0o0:kicki ng: awesome girly!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah yes...

Breakfast- late because of the goldfish bowl.... 3 bites parmesan chicken, big cup of tea with cream, no sweetener
Lunch- last piece of parmesan chicken, brussel sprouts
Snack- 3 pieces bacon
Dinner- kielbasa sausage with cabbage (and maybe bacon)

The latest (trying not to whine) on our roof: still not done, fellas left by 11-something, came back at noon for a few minutes and left again. Coming back tomorrow (weren't supposed to and we had other plans. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so we think they won't end up coming anyway. Said they are short some material and it won't arrive until Wednesday or Thursday. <sigh>
Old 08-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #943

Quote:
Ah yes...

Breakfast- late because of the goldfish bowl.... 3 bites parmesan chicken, big cup of tea with cream, no sweetener
Lunch- last piece of parmesan chicken, brussel sprouts
Snack- 3 pieces bacon
Dinner- kielbasa sausage with cabbage (and maybe bacon)

The latest (trying not to whine) on our roof: still not done, fellas left by 11-something, came back at noon for a few minutes and left again. Coming back tomorrow (weren't supposed to and we had other plans. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so we think they won't end up coming anyway. Said they are short some material and it won't arrive until Wednesday or Thursday. <sigh>
boy I am glad I don't live on the Island and need a roof job.. I'd done turned them in to the BBB.. not very professional not having the materials... and seems like they are slackers.. geesh..

I wouldn't care if they were lookin in.. I'd cook up and storm and let them smeellll whats Rainis cookin....
Old 08-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #944

Man . . . i would be livid!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #945

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Man . . . i would be livid!
uh huh!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #946
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dinner was kielbasa, cabbage and bacon. WAY too salty and not even very filling. Dh snacked big time after dinner, and I finally fixed myself a bowl of hot flax cereal. It was the only thing I could think of that would make my tummy feel full and still be good for me.

Tomorrow we have 14 stores to go to and will be off-island all day. Lunch will be Wendy's or Red Robin. Not sure about dinner, but need to think about what we'll be having.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #947

Quote:
Dinner was kielbasa, cabbage and bacon. WAY too salty and not even very filling. Dh snacked big time after dinner, and I finally fixed myself a bowl of hot flax cereal. It was the only thing I could think of that would make my tummy feel full and still be good for me.

Tomorrow we have 14 stores to go to and will be off-island all day. Lunch will be Wendy's or Red Robin. Not sure about dinner, but need to think about what we'll be having.
Hope you pick Red Robin,.. so you'll be there with D and I in spirit hehehe..

14 stores.. thats a lot of exercise girl!! whheewwww

while D and I will be sitting on our Tusheys most of the day watchin movies.. but in hopes it don't rain for a nice bike ride after
Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #948

14 stores?

You're gonna sleep good tonight!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #949
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
14 stores?

You're gonna sleep good tonight!
I'd be sleeping now if dh had his way... but he wanted me to take an hour nap and then get up for America's Got Talent. If I took a nap, it would be until tomorrow morning!!!

Stayed on program today. Long story and maybe I'll explain more tomorrow. But it wasn't easy--- I just had to take control and DO it. (Yes, Red Robin was a part of our day!)

I THINK ds and ddil are home safe by now. I waited up til 2:30 for them to call from London, but they couldn't get a signal for Skype. So they called from Texas this afternoon, and said they'd be back in Portland by 5:30 and then call again. My guess is that they are sleeping.

I bought a new Martha Stewart craft punch today, and a bunch of other fun journal making supplies. Maybe I can play tomorrow while Dave is off with our company.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #950

I'm glad your family arrived safely.

And do tell about your adventure yesterday and how you stayed on track! Good on ya woman! I'm sooooo proud of you for sticking to your plan!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #951

Quote:
I'm glad your family arrived safely.

And do tell about your adventure yesterday and how you stayed on track! Good on ya woman! I'm sooooo proud of you for sticking to your plan!
Dittoooooo
Old 08-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Long story short (as short as I can make it, LOL) - Dh had no plans whatsoever for helping me to stay on track: no breakfast plans, no lunch plans, no dinner plans, even when I asked for ideas. So I had part of an Atkins shake before we left (actually took it with me on the ferry) and when I got hungry at Freddie's (your Kroger's, I think) I just announced that I was really hungry and wasn't going to continue shopping until I had something to eat. So I marched over to the deli and bought 8 pieces of baked chicken. We got plates and glasses of water and ate some chicken right there. Not a fancy meal by any means, but it got the job done.

Then, when I made up my list the day before, I included Red Robin on it. As I mapped out our route for all the stores, it was right there on the list after Safeway (for my reduced sugar catsup.) So dinner was a Pub burger with a salad.

Despite dh telling me a little over a week ago that he wanted to be more supportive, there were three times when we saw pastries and he commented on how yummy they looked. The first time I said, "Why are you telling me this?" and the second time I just walked away and ignored him. (I can understand him forgetting that he was supposed to be helping me the first time, but after I called him on it, why would he do it again?) I dunno... seems like he wants me to succeed, but maybe there's a little insecure part of him that really doesn't want me to succeed.

I did have that really adverse reaction to the gum AND problems with side cramps, and when I was going to take my meds and supplements, I ate some nuts just before taking them. I felt queasy and thought that might help. Ironic thing is, I didn't pack the nuts to take with me this time-- they were still in the bag from a couple of weeks ago! But nuts are a no-no again today.

Oops... company is here... gotta run!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #953
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So depressed... saw pictures of myself today and I wanna puke and then hide under a rock for the rest of my life. It'll have to be a very big rock...

BFF was coming up from Portland to go to a quilt show with me but had to cancel.

Stayed 100% on plan today, except not enough water... but too sad to care...
Old 08-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #954

Quote:
So depressed... saw pictures of myself today and I wanna puke and then hide under a rock for the rest of my life. It'll have to be a very big rock...

BFF was coming up from Portland to go to a quilt show with me but had to cancel.

Stayed 100% on plan today, except not enough water... but too sad to care...
Sweetie, I hope you didn't cancel because of your weight. Please work on self-acceptance. Accept who yoiu are, were you are and that will make it easier to move forward. Acceptance doesn't mean you approve your situation, however. With acceptance comes a release of guilt and shame. Plus you begin to love yourself more . . .

Old 08-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #955
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sweetie, I hope you didn't cancel because of your weight. Please work on self-acceptance. Accept who yoiu are, were you are and that will make it easier to move forward. Acceptance doesn't mean you approve your situation, however. With acceptance comes a release of guilt and shame. Plus you begin to love yourself more . . .

I didn't cancel going to the quilt show because of my weight. I'm not going to the show because my BFF isn't coming to go with me and I don't want to go alone. I also don't want to go with others that have already planned to go together and didn't sound like they really wanted me to join them. One said that "maybe we could meet for lunch" but wanted to eat at one of the concessions. I don't want to eat at any of the concessions because all they have is junk stuff that I can't have (and don't want.) My BFF and I were going to pack a yummy picnic lunch and find a park or something nearby. I'm not going to do that by myself, either.

I'm still working through this... I know that the enemy wants to see me wallowing in self-pity. I know that watching me wallowing in self-pity is not pleasant for my dh and doesn't accomplish anything. Knowing these things doesn't seem to help... yet. I need to spend some time in prayer. I spent a lot of years struggling with depression, and God lifted me out of it. That's where I need to turn now. Thanks for the hugs.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #956
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, guess who finally just showed up at almost 11 AM? The ROOFERS who were supposed to be done with our roof more than a week ago! Didn't show up at all the last three days and were supposed to be here hours ago this morning. (Didn't I predict that they were arriving later and later and pretty soon they were going to miss their first lunch? Yup, they did! I bet they'll take it any minute now.)

Haven't had breakfast yet, but I have a lovely pan of bacon that just came out of the oven so I'm heading to the kitchen in a minute.

I finally got some exercise (besides the running around to 15 instead of 14 stores.) I used my Rebounder for two sessions of bouncing yesterday.

More to say but maybe later...
Old 08-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #957

Quote:
Well, guess who finally just showed up at almost 11 AM? The ROOFERS who were supposed to be done with our roof more than a week ago! Didn't show up at all the last three days and were supposed to be here hours ago this morning. (Didn't I predict that they were arriving later and later and pretty soon they were going to miss their first lunch? Yup, they did! I bet they'll take it any minute now.)

Haven't had breakfast yet, but I have a lovely pan of bacon that just came out of the oven so I'm heading to the kitchen in a minute.

I finally got some exercise (besides the running around to 15 instead of 14 stores.) I used my Rebounder for two sessions of bouncing yesterday.

More to say but maybe later...
I have an idea of where your coming from Raini.. .. sorta..lol

we are having some house work done.. brick and new siding.. and this wasn't gonna happen till Sept. well.. I came home from a fun day at the movies with D and the whole front of my house is off.. ( stones).. and my bushes are all gone.. only thing left was 2 rose bushes.. or what was left of them.... I had other plants in the middles of my bushes that I wanted to get up before this was to take place.. Supriseee... I just wanted to cry...

Then I have been sick.. and all day they are pounding on the house,, ..........siding..

any who.. such is life.. they are suposed to come back and finish the siding.. then the brick should happen next week.. oh and a bedroom window should go in tomorrow..

hope I feel better..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 08-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #958

You guys . . . what you're going through would make me have to practice patience for sure!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #959
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

THE ROOF IS DONE!!!!!! Cartwheels please!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #960

Quote:
THE ROOF IS DONE!!!!!! Cartwheels please!!!
. I will leave it up to D to find a cartwheel smiley..