Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Are you serious? I poured out my heart here for half an hour and my post didn't show? Really?

In short... thank you so much for the "nutty chart." They are OFF my list until I can control my portions and that is NOT now.
I'm back on track... had a SEVEN pound gain, and thanks to the School of Hard Knocks I hope I have learned my lesson.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #902
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Are you serious? I poured out my heart here for half an hour and my post didn't show? Really?

In short... thank you so much for the "nutty chart." They are OFF my list until I can control my portions and that is NOT now.
I'm back on track... had a SEVEN pound gain, and thanks to the School of Hard Knocks I hope I have learned my lesson.
i HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.. GRRRRRR... sorry it happened to you.. and sorry about the 7 pound gain.. eeek.. lets do this girly !!! one day at a time.. no cheats.. no excuses.. we allllll need this!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #903

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/320/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-25.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You can try to retype it . . . we're here to listen and support.

OH! And I think you are to be drinking 3.25 liters a day for right now. That's with a goal weight that is equal to mine.

Last edited by dusk; 08-16-2011 at 10:44 AM..
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #904
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dh and I just had a short heart-to-heart talk. I told him about the weight gain, and he said he'd change the batteries in the scales. Funny, but sad. He was really trying to make me believe I hadn't gained.

I said that it is not his job to make me eat right, but then he owned up responsibility for tempting me when I'm trying to stay on track. Hope I see a difference. I packed a gorgeous picnic for the concert last week, and he bought toffee. Which made me think it was okay to buy cookies (because they were gluten-free.) Then smoked salmon (cured with lots of sugar, I'm sure) so we didn't even want to eat the picnic I packed.

I have to be responsible for ME. I hope he will help, but if not, then I still have to do it.

Thanks for being there for me!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You can try to retype it . . . we're here to listen and support. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/signs1/1.gif[/img]

OH! And I think you are to be drinking 3.25 liters a day for right now. That's with a goal weight that is equal to mine.
Gurgle, gurgle, blub, blub.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #906

I hope your DH will help you and not hinder you. You can always always always come on here for support and ask for help to stay the course! We'll help you over the humps! Lisa is gonna get a LOT of calls from me, I'm sure, over the next several weeks as I try to make this plan work.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #907

Quote:
I hope your DH will help you and not hinder you. You can always always always come on here for support and ask for help to stay the course! We'll help you over the humps! Lisa is gonna get a LOT of calls from me, I'm sure, over the next several weeks as I try to make this plan work.
and I believe miss Raini.. that you have my cell number.. you can always text me .. if you have unlimited text .. just ask if you do not have it any more..
Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
and I believe miss Raini.. that you have my cell number.. you can always text me .. if you have unlimited text .. just ask if you do not have it any more..
I'll have to dig my phone out of my purse and see if I still have your number. We've changed phones since then and not everything transferred. I don't have unlimited text, but I have 300 per month and don't use too many of them... maybe 50 or so. Thanks for the offer! I may need to take you up on it.

I made it through 4 glasses of water and I'm already floating. I don't supposed the ginormous cup of tea helped any.

No lunch yet... still full from breakfast and some jicama I had for a snack.

Time to run... or suffer from uncomfortable dampness!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #909

Suggestion on the water thing . . . cut your day into sections . . .

If you get up at 8am and go to bed around 9pm then try this:

Have your first liter of water drunk by 12 pm
2nd by 4 pm
3rd by 8pm
and the last of it by 9pm

Now . . . if you're not wanting to drink so close to bedtime, then cut it down to 1 liter per every 2-1/2 to 3 hours. You'll be able to get your water in no problem!

I don't know what time you get up, but I know you don't go to bed until late late . . . this should be a piece of cake for you!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #910

You didn't like my squirrel picture, did you?

Quote:
Hiya Raini!

HEY! I'm gonna start calling you Ms. Squirrely! Nuts? What nuts?

Old 08-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You didn't like my squirrel picture, did you?
I LOVED your squirrel picture! I swear you have the cutest selection of smilies, critters, etc. And I am a sucker for adorable little critters!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #912
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Suggestion on the water thing . . . cut your day into sections . . .

If you get up at 8am and go to bed around 9pm then try this:

Have your first liter of water drunk by 12 pm
2nd by 4 pm
3rd by 8pm
and the last of it by 9pm

Now . . . if you're not wanting to drink so close to bedtime, then cut it down to 1 liter per every 2-1/2 to 3 hours. You'll be able to get your water in no problem!

I don't know what time you get up, but I know you don't go to bed until late late . . . this should be a piece of cake for you!
CAKE? Where's the CAKE????

Never mind... we were talking about water, huh? I've gotten 8 glasses down so far. I think I can get another 4 down before bed. I should have started earlier, but I was on the 'puter long before I made it to the kitchen.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #913

I read your post and thought, "I didn't say anything about cake, did I?" I had to re-read in order to figure out what you were talking about!

Make sure you start your water earlier enough tomorrow, Ms. Squirrely!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #914

Quote:
I read your post and thought, "I didn't say anything about cake, did I?" I had to re-read in order to figure out what you were talking about!
Make sure you start your water earlier enough tomorrow, Ms. Squirrely!

meeee tooo...
Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You didn't think I'd miss the part about cake, did you?

Got up later today, though I can't believe I stayed in bed with all the racket on the roof right above me! I'll be glad when the roofers are finished--- constantly slamming, banging and sounding like someone is falling off the roof!

So it's just a couple hairs past noon and I've made it through 4 glasses of water. Yesterday I managed to down 14 glasses (yes, measured!) but I was up in the middle of the night.

This afternoon dh will sail across to the mainland, and I'll follow later on the ferry. We're going to the Farmer's Market again, and want to listen to the Caribbean band that will play in the park in the evening. I probably won't get in as much water today, 'cuz I don't want to be staying as close to public bathrooms as I've been staying near mine.

I'm packing a picnic dinner and made it clear to dh that THAT is what we're eating, at DINNER TIME and not at 9pm!!! To treat myself I might buy an iced de-caf something and take my own SF syrup.

Oh- last night's dinner was summer squash casserole, and that will probably be my lunch today. I also had a hot dog, since the casserole had very little protein in it (a little bacon and some cheese) and I was still hungry when I was done.

Today's breakfast was 2 fried eggs with 2 pieces of bacon (no nitrites or nitrates.) I've taken all my meds and supplements.

I cannot believe how much better I feel after just 24 hours strictly on plan. I LOVE how I feel! Why don't I remember that when I'm messing up???
Old 08-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #916

It's a new dawn! It's a new day! It's a new life . . . for you! And you're feeling good!

(I love Michael Buble')
Old 08-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #917

Quote:
It's a new dawn! It's a new day! It's a new life . . . for you! And you're feeling good!

(I love Michael Buble')
Old 08-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another day, another perfect low carb day!

Breakfast was 2 eggs fried in butter with two pieces of no nitrate/nitrite bacon.

Lunch was leftover summer squash casserole and one hotdog. Later I had a couple of pork rinds and about 2 TBL of clam dip.

Dinner was Sassy Chicken Salad and a slice of cheese. When we got home, I had 2/3 of an Atkins bar that had been sitting in my low carb drawer for awhile. Still had the munchies so I fixed a big cup of decaf tea with cream. Still wanting to munch so I got another piece of gum. (Can you hear me cracking it from there? I get a lot of complaints that I enjoy my gum too much!)

I think what set me off was all the food people were eating at the concert, and especially the guy with the yummy-smelling hamburger and fries on the ferry. (They don't sell any food on our ferry... he brought take-out from a pub nearby.) If I wasn't afraid of being known as the crazy woman on the island that steals hamburgers, I would have grabbed it and run!

Feeling good!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini;14923878[B
]Another day, another perfect low carb day![/B]

Breakfast was 2 eggs fried in butter with two pieces of no nitrate/nitrite bacon.

Lunch was leftover summer squash casserole and one hotdog. Later I had a couple of pork rinds and about 2 TBL of clam dip.

Dinner was Sassy Chicken Salad and a slice of cheese. When we got home, I had 2/3 of an Atkins bar that had been sitting in my low carb drawer for awhile. Still had the munchies so I fixed a big cup of decaf tea with cream. Still wanting to munch so I got another piece of gum. (Can you hear me cracking it from there? I get a lot of complaints that I enjoy my gum too much!)

I think what set me off was all the food people were eating at the concert, and especially the guy with the yummy-smelling hamburger and fries on the ferry. (They don't sell any food on our ferry... he brought take-out from a pub nearby.) If I wasn't afraid of being known as the crazy woman on the island that steals hamburgers, I would have grabbed it and run!

Feeling good!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast was: LATE! LOL Spent the morning looking up tutorials on YouTube. Finally heard my tummy growling and fixed some breakfast. I had two eggs poached with cream and parmesan cheese, plus 2 slices of bacon (no nitrites/nitrates.) No tea this morning because I was trying to catch up on water intake, since I started late.

I've taken all my supplements AND I managed to sneak in one session with the Rebounder. (More coming I hope, once the roofers leave for the day and I'm not in the Goldfish Bowl!)
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #921

EXCELLENT!!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Breakfast was: LATE! LOL Spent the morning looking up tutorials on YouTube. Finally heard my tummy growling and fixed some breakfast. I had two eggs poached with cream and parmesan cheese, plus 2 slices of bacon (no nitrites/nitrates.) No tea this morning because I was trying to catch up on water intake, since I started late.

I've taken all my supplements AND I managed to sneak in one session with the Rebounder. (More coming I hope, once the roofers leave for the day and I'm not in the Goldfish Bowl!)
how do you poach an egg? I've always wondered.. was that the tutorials? thats what I need :P
Old 08-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #923

"Perfect Poached Egg" - YouTube
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #924

Quote:
would you look at that.. hmm.. thanks D... I wonder if there is a vinegar taste? prolly not..
Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #925

I don't think so . . .
Old 08-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
would you look at that.. hmm.. thanks D... I wonder if there is a vinegar taste? prolly not..
I'll have to check that out, too. I did mine in an egg poacher pan, topped with cream and parmesan cheese. I cut up the bacon (cooked yesterday) and put it in the extra poaching cups to heat up while the eggs were cooking. I try not to use the microwave more than I really have to.

Lunch was Sassy chicken salad left over from last evenings picnic dinner, but without the pecans. (Didn't have pecans last night either.)

Dinner was a big burger patty with mayo, SF catsup, onions, pickles and jicama. I had a very small piece of lc cake (less than 1 and 1/2 inch square) a square of sf chocolate, half a hazelnut (it was broken) and two (count 'em, TWO!) almonds. Just needed that crunch, I think.

I lost count of water, but I'm pretty sure it was at least 9 glasses... maybe 10.

I have a lot of energy and I'm feeling great. Thank you Lord!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:14 AM   #927

Awesome Raini! You are doing fabulous!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #928

Quote:
Awesome Raini! You are doing fabulous!
I second that .. have a wonderful day....
Old 08-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stayed up too late, had a hard time getting to sleep, woke up too early and had a hard time getting BACK to sleep and then overslept. Go figure.

I didn't want to get dressed to go to the kitchen for breakfast, (goldfish bowl, remember?) but didn't want to wait until I had my shower to be able to eat. So I foraged for food in my "off-island bag" and found an Atkins bar. I'll be fine for awhile now. Still need my shower.

My joints are stiff as if I'm retaining fluid. Don't know how I could be, considering just how close I've been to the little girls' room lately! Thinking about taking a water pill, but of course I'll be even closer to the little girls' room then.

Doggone it... I want to FEEL like I'm losing weight!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #930

Quote:
Oh . . . come visit me if you want . . .

IRONWILL
Here ya go, Raini.