Terrific Tuesday Raini
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hope shes having fun
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #63

miss ya..
Old 05-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #64

man oh Man I hope all is well.. miss ya my friend..
Old 05-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Raini, I am missing you as well. I hope you are fine and dandy!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I"M BACK!!! We had no WiFi access in the last little town where we stayed, so I lost touch. A sad thing, really, because I also lost will power and motivation to stay on track.

I did get lots of exercise, as we encountered some old friends along the way ( a real surprise and a true blessing!) She and I went to school together, and haven't seen each other for about 10 years. She and her dh are full-time RVer's, and live in their beautiful motor home. We happened to be camping at the same resort, and then they changed their plans and met us at the next resort as well. She was like a drill sergeant and kept me busy most of the time.

I messed up on my eating plan. No excuses... just screwed up because there were so many treats in the clubhouse each time we went in there. I did well at first, but caved after awhile. Then we ate out a lot, and I got tired of ordering a burger without a bun every time. I haven't gotten on the scales yet, but I'm sure I'll be upset once I see the results.

I'm back on program food-wise, but I'll miss the great opportunities for out-of-my-ordinary exercise, like ping-pong, line-dancing and other fun stuff I got to do with my friend. Trying to convince DH to play Badminton with me, but he's so busy with yard work now, and then he will be preparing the boat to launch for the summer.

I'm supposed to be at "Crafter's" with my friends today, but purposely staying away until they've finished with their lunch. I may take a walk before going over there... Heaven knows I need it!

Thank you, dear friends, for your concern about me while I was MIA! You're the best!

Raini
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I"M BACK!!! We had no WiFi access in the last little town where we stayed, so I lost touch. A sad thing, really, because I also lost will power and motivation to stay on track.

I did get lots of exercise, as we encountered some old friends along the way ( a real surprise and a true blessing!) She and I went to school together, and haven't seen each other for about 10 years. She and her dh are full-time RVer's, and live in their beautiful motor home. We happened to be camping at the same resort, and then they changed their plans and met us at the next resort as well. She was like a drill sergeant and kept me busy most of the time.

I messed up on my eating plan. No excuses... just screwed up because there were so many treats in the clubhouse each time we went in there. I did well at first, but caved after awhile. Then we ate out a lot, and I got tired of ordering a burger without a bun every time. I haven't gotten on the scales yet, but I'm sure I'll be upset once I see the results.

I'm back on program food-wise, but I'll miss the great opportunities for out-of-my-ordinary exercise, like ping-pong, line-dancing and other fun stuff I got to do with my friend. Trying to convince DH to play Badminton with me, but he's so busy with yard work now, and then he will be preparing the boat to launch for the summer.

I'm supposed to be at "Crafter's" with my friends today, but purposely staying away until they've finished with their lunch. I may take a walk before going over there... Heaven knows I need it!

Thank you, dear friends, for your concern about me while I was MIA! You're the best!

Raini
Rainis backkkk hey sweetie !!... so glad your back but really glad you all are safe and had a great time.. that would be awesome to run into old friends and be able to hang out and catch up....

maybe the scales wont be THAT bad with all that dancing hehehe... you may have evened out....

have fun scrapping
Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WILL I EVER LEARN???? I gained 5 pounds, and didn't eat all that much! Problem is, I ate mostly LC but also a few things that weren't, and that is a BAD combination for me!!!

I've lost 1 pound since getting home, but it saddens me that I have another 4 to lose before I'm back where I fought so hard to be!

I went for a walk with DH yesterday, but he's busy with yard work today.... said maybe later if it's not raining (and it's supposed to rain, of course!) I may do my indoor routine, but that's what triggered my carpal tunnel probs last month, so I'm a little afraid to try.

With God's help, I'll get back on track.... Please Lord, help me be the person you want me to be. Please help me re-gain my health so that I can do what you want me to do with my life. Amen!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #69

Quote:
WILL I EVER LEARN???? I gained 5 pounds, and didn't eat all that much! Problem is, I ate mostly LC but also a few things that weren't, and that is a BAD combination for me!!!

I've lost 1 pound since getting home, but it saddens me that I have another 4 to lose before I'm back where I fought so hard to be!

I went for a walk with DH yesterday, but he's busy with yard work today.... said maybe later if it's not raining (and it's supposed to rain, of course!) I may do my indoor routine, but that's what triggered my carpal tunnel probs last month, so I'm a little afraid to try.

With God's help, I'll get back on track.... Please Lord, help me be the person you want me to be. Please help me re-gain my health so that I can do what you want me to do with my life. Amen!

.. Amen.. ..

you'll get it !! ...
Old 06-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Chiming in with another "Amen"

Glad to see you back
Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday went really well... stayed on plan and exercised. And Monday was good, too... walked with DH and then went out to lunch with friends and ate on plan even though there's not much worth ordering at our only restaurant here. I get so tired of hamburgers without the bun, and the hamburgers here aren't worth much without the bun. $8.99 for a piece of over-cooked meat and the choice of fries, coleslaw (with sugar) or fruit. So I had a salad (just lettuce and grape tomatoes since I had them leave off the croutons) and half a deli sandwich without the bread (pastrami and smoked cheese.) Wasn't too bad since the waitress is a friend of mine and made sure I got a little extra meat.

I may have a chance to play Pickleball here this summer. I know of at least one official Pickleball court, plus two tennis courts where we can play. One couple on the island wants to get peeps together who want to play. I'd like to give it a try.

I really miss playing Ping Pong! On our vacation I got to play quite a bit. One day we played for two hours. I was thoroughly sweaty by the time we were done, and we had to hit the showers, so I know I got a good amount of exercise. I'm trying to find activities that I love (who knew Ping Pong would be one of them?) for exercise. I LOVE my walks, but usually only after I get started (and especially after I'm done.) Getting started is a challenge, and on days like today pretty much out of the question.

Dh says it's a "Soup kind of day" and wants me to make a big kettle of soup. I agree to a point and will make the soup, but since I'm just getting back on track, I'll want something a little more substantial, like more meat!

Completely changing the subject- I'm tired of being so cold! I survived a cold and nasty winter, and I'm ready for nice weather. Doesn't help that DH kept the heat up in the 70's in our RV while we were traveling, and we come home to a house that is never over 68. I usually wear my coat in the afternoon and evenings, and I think it's awful that I need to. So Monday night, after asking DH if I could turn up the heat and he said "No," I took a hot bath and went to bed. I think he was surprised that I didn't stay up and watch TV with him, but he must have gotten the point. Last night when I said I was cold, he told me to turn up the heat. Honestly, I don't see how such a reasonable guy can be so unreasonable about one thing! Maybe he's coming around now. (I did tell him that I want him to ask his doctor what a healthy temperature is for the house. I'm pretty sure it isn't 68, but it will be better for DH to hear it from someone besides me.)

Guess I should go have breakfast... just haven't been hungry this morning, but I'm getting there.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #72

Quote:
Yesterday went really well... stayed on plan and exercised. And Monday was good, too... walked with DH and then went out to lunch with friends and ate on plan even though there's not much worth ordering at our only restaurant here. I get so tired of hamburgers without the bun, and the hamburgers here aren't worth much without the bun. $8.99 for a piece of over-cooked meat and the choice of fries, coleslaw (with sugar) or fruit. So I had a salad (just lettuce and grape tomatoes since I had them leave off the croutons) and half a deli sandwich without the bread (pastrami and smoked cheese.) Wasn't too bad since the waitress is a friend of mine and made sure I got a little extra meat.

I may have a chance to play Pickleball here this summer. I know of at least one official Pickleball court, plus two tennis courts where we can play. One couple on the island wants to get peeps together who want to play. I'd like to give it a try.

I really miss playing Ping Pong! On our vacation I got to play quite a bit. One day we played for two hours. I was thoroughly sweaty by the time we were done, and we had to hit the showers, so I know I got a good amount of exercise. I'm trying to find activities that I love (who knew Ping Pong would be one of them?) for exercise. I LOVE my walks, but usually only after I get started (and especially after I'm done.) Getting started is a challenge, and on days like today pretty much out of the question.

Dh says it's a "Soup kind of day" and wants me to make a big kettle of soup. I agree to a point and will make the soup, but since I'm just getting back on track, I'll want something a little more substantial, like more meat!

Completely changing the subject- I'm tired of being so cold! I survived a cold and nasty winter, and I'm ready for nice weather. Doesn't help that DH kept the heat up in the 70's in our RV while we were traveling, and we come home to a house that is never over 68. I usually wear my coat in the afternoon and evenings, and I think it's awful that I need to. So Monday night, after asking DH if I could turn up the heat and he said "No," I took a hot bath and went to bed. I think he was surprised that I didn't stay up and watch TV with him, but he must have gotten the point. Last night when I said I was cold, he told me to turn up the heat. Honestly, I don't see how such a reasonable guy can be so unreasonable about one thing! Maybe he's coming around now. (I did tell him that I want him to ask his doctor what a healthy temperature is for the house. I'm pretty sure it isn't 68, but it will be better for DH to hear it from someone besides me.)

Guess I should go have breakfast... just haven't been hungry this morning, but I'm getting there.
sweet pea.. ..

may I ask... what is Pickleball? Tennis I know.. ping pong I know.. but pickleball.. Dusk and I were talking about playing tennis just the other day.. would be fun ..

my step dad used to keep the house cold.. we have to wear double sweat shirts.. robes and lots of socks..lol.. ugh.. some men.. right..

have a good brekki.. .. its a good sign to NOT wanna eat.. but remember .. you MUST!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't played Pickleball yet, but I think it is sort of like tennis on a smaller scale. I know that one friend has a Pickleball court, and it looks much like a tennis court. And another firend, that wanted to teach people to play Pickleball, said she was going to teach it on a tennis court... and could get two Pickleball courts from one tennis court. Guess I'll find out eventually!

As for the heat, I think DH likes to compare with his sister who keeps her heat way down low. In her case, it used to be of necessity since her furnace was too small for her house and her electric bill was 3 x higher than ours! Now she has the right sized furnace and can afford to have the heat a little higher. Anyway, I'm tired of having to bulk up my clothes to stay warm. We have ordered a couple of cute space heaters that look like little fireplaces... one for the RV and one for the house. They should be here soon and I'm looking forward to their arrival.

Still no brekki... time to go... this time I mean it.... honest.... really, I'm going now!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #74

Quote:
I haven't played Pickleball yet, but I think it is sort of like tennis on a smaller scale. I know that one friend has a Pickleball court, and it looks much like a tennis court. And another firend, that wanted to teach people to play Pickleball, said she was going to teach it on a tennis court... and could get two Pickleball courts from one tennis court. Guess I'll find out eventually!

As for the heat, I think DH likes to compare with his sister who keeps her heat way down low. In her case, it used to be of necessity since her furnace was too small for her house and her electric bill was 3 x higher than ours! Now she has the right sized furnace and can afford to have the heat a little higher. Anyway, I'm tired of having to bulk up my clothes to stay warm. We have ordered a couple of cute space heaters that look like little fireplaces... one for the RV and one for the house. They should be here soon and I'm looking forward to their arrival.

Still no brekki... time to go... this time I mean it.... honest.... really, I'm going now!
I UNDERSTAND... about the heat..lol..
Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Thursday oh Pickleball Queen
Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #76

Forever friends

miss you
Old 06-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am here... not wanting to be at the computer so much because my back has been hurting when I sit for very long. Also had a gain and I just don't understand it. I'm back up to 279 and I hate it!!! And now I'm back on antibiotics for upcoming dental surgery, and I know that is going to mess with my weight. ARRRGGGHHH! I am so frustrated! Part of me wants to stay away from the scales, but the other part is afraid to because I might see another big gain like this past week. Especially while on the antibiotics.

On the lighter side of the news (get it, lighter?) I had my first Pickleball lesson today. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad the instructors had patience with me. Also glad that I was the only one to show up, for my sake. I like to learn at my own pace and not feel stupid in front of a lot of other people.

So... Pickleball is played on a scaled-down tennis court. We actually use a tennis court for the lessons, and they've painted a smaller court within the tennis court. (We have friends with an actual Pickleball court, too.) You use paddles, similar to but a little larger than for table tennis. The ball is like a whiffle ball, but it bounces well on the court. It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday I got dh to play Badminton with me, and then we went for a walk. He's pretty busy getting his boat ready to launch for the summer, so I'm fortunate when he has time for walks anymore. At least I'm getting exercise.

Breakfast today was hot flax cereal and lunch was a piece of ham with some smokey cheese on top. Dinner might be shrimp, if they aren't freezer-burned. If they are, then I haven't got a clue as to what we'll have.

My dentist is going to be doing a re-do on my root canal (again!) on Thursday. Would love some prayer support... for it to turn out right this time, for the dentist not to hit any nerves while I'm getting the novacaine, that God would calm my heart and spirit before and during the procedure, and for the antibiotics to not wreak havoc on my body. Not asking much, huh? But God is able!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #78

Quote:
I am here... not wanting to be at the computer so much because my back has been hurting when I sit for very long. Also had a gain and I just don't understand it. I'm back up to 279 and I hate it!!! And now I'm back on antibiotics for upcoming dental surgery, and I know that is going to mess with my weight. ARRRGGGHHH! I am so frustrated! Part of me wants to stay away from the scales, but the other part is afraid to because I might see another big gain like this past week. Especially while on the antibiotics.

On the lighter side of the news (get it, lighter?) I had my first Pickleball lesson today. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad the instructors had patience with me. Also glad that I was the only one to show up, for my sake. I like to learn at my own pace and not feel stupid in front of a lot of other people.

So... Pickleball is played on a scaled-down tennis court. We actually use a tennis court for the lessons, and they've painted a smaller court within the tennis court. (We have friends with an actual Pickleball court, too.) You use paddles, similar to but a little larger than for table tennis. The ball is like a whiffle ball, but it bounces well on the court. It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday I got dh to play Badminton with me, and then we went for a walk. He's pretty busy getting his boat ready to launch for the summer, so I'm fortunate when he has time for walks anymore. At least I'm getting exercise.

Breakfast today was hot flax cereal and lunch was a piece of ham with some smokey cheese on top. Dinner might be shrimp, if they aren't freezer-burned. If they are, then I haven't got a clue as to what we'll have.

My dentist is going to be doing a re-do on my root canal (again!) on Thursday. Would love some prayer support... for it to turn out right this time, for the dentist not to hit any nerves while I'm getting the novacaine, that God would calm my heart and spirit before and during the procedure, and for the antibiotics to not wreak havoc on my body. Not asking much, huh? But God is able!!!
I totally get learning at your own pace and not in front of peoplel; I So0o0o get it..

I had that happen when I was younger.. my root canal fell out...I told them to just pull the dern thing.. I wasn;t going through that again.. so they did..

Pickelball sounds fun !!
I will send up a few prayers for you my friend..
Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #79

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Originally Posted by dusk
I totally get tracking your progress! I'm the queen of spreadsheets!

Quote:
Just a thought, Raini . . .

I know you would like the bragging rights to say you were clean 100 days straight . . . did exactly what you were supposed to do for 100 days, but realistically, if for some reason you don't do things perfectly, it will mess you up psychologically. You'll be down on yourself and start beating yourself up. On the other hand, if you keep track of your progress and skip a beat, you'll see that you're still progressing even with the mess up and you won't have to start over again because you've accepted the fact that life just isn't perfect . . . you're not perfect (sorry to burst your bubble ) . . . but if you can move forward even with a wobble, it's not going to kill you and you'll be able to accept your faults even better.

What makes you think I'd beat myself up? Is the black eye or all the bruises? ARRRGGGHHH!!! I gained AGAIN and I just don't get it. And, as I just mentioned on my own thread, I've also had to start on antibiotics for my upcoming dental procedure and I know that will mess me up as well. It's hard to stay motivated. I lose, I'm motivated. I gain, I feel like throwing in the towel. And of course, that isn't an option, so I keep plodding along. I feel like I'm going in circles.
-----------

Raini, I know what you mean about running in circles. May I ask, are you keeping track of your progress? I'm not talking about just weight loss, but also other things . . . Since this is a lifestyle change, are you making headway in other areas? Making wiser food decisions . . . exercising regularly . . . taking extra steps during the day . . . being a better friend . . . ??

What can I do to help you stay motivated? Think about it . . . what do you think it would take to motivate you? Any ideas? (And losing weight shouldn't be one of them).
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dusk- I'll think about what might get me motivated. Usually spending time here at LCF does the trick, but right now my back is tweaked and I can't sit at the computer for very long.

RE: Lifestyle changes- Oh, yes! I'm making changes! I get up and move a lot, like offering to do a lot of the things DH usually does, especially in the evening when we're watching TV. I get up to close all the curtains, gather the cat dishes after they've eaten (all in different places in the house,) run around putting things away, etc. Any excuse to not just sit. We've added badminton and pickleball to our hobbies, and still going on walks. I am having a problem with food decisions at this time... I don't understand why sometimes it's a no-brainer, and other times I am tempted beyond reason. I love it when I get "in that place" where I don't care what anyone around me is eating, I have no desire to go off plan. I want to be there again!

So... DH and I were preparing a meal for the volunteers at the Historical Farm, and went I bent over to take the meatloaves out of the oven, my back went out. There is not a single piece of furniture in this house that is comfortable for me right now, other than staying in bed. I'm on a muscle relaxant and Motrin.... hoping that helps. Tomorrow I have more work done on the root canal, so I'll probably feel even worse!

Right now I need prayer... for my back, for my dental work, for stress in a neighborhood situation, and to get back on plan. (Speaking of which, I think that the biggest discouragement came from staying on plan and still gaining. Feels like, "Why bother?")

Anywho, got to get away from the computer and get some more meds. Thanks for the offer to help. The offer alone is a motivator!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #81

Quote:
Dusk- I'll think about what might get me motivated. Usually spending time here at LCF does the trick, but right now my back is tweaked and I can't sit at the computer for very long.

RE: Lifestyle changes- Oh, yes! I'm making changes! I get up and move a lot, like offering to do a lot of the things DH usually does, especially in the evening when we're watching TV. I get up to close all the curtains, gather the cat dishes after they've eaten (all in different places in the house,) run around putting things away, etc. Any excuse to not just sit. We've added badminton and pickleball to our hobbies, and still going on walks. I am having a problem with food decisions at this time... I don't understand why sometimes it's a no-brainer, and other times I am tempted beyond reason. I love it when I get "in that place" where I don't care what anyone around me is eating, I have no desire to go off plan. I want to be there again!

So... DH and I were preparing a meal for the volunteers at the Historical Farm, and went I bent over to take the meatloaves out of the oven, my back went out. There is not a single piece of furniture in this house that is comfortable for me right now, other than staying in bed. I'm on a muscle relaxant and Motrin.... hoping that helps. Tomorrow I have more work done on the root canal, so I'll probably feel even worse!

Right now I need prayer... for my back, for my dental work, for stress in a neighborhood situation, and to get back on plan. (Speaking of which, I think that the biggest discouragement came from staying on plan and still gaining. Feels like, "Why bother?")

Anywho, got to get away from the computer and get some more meds. Thanks for the offer to help. The offer alone is a motivator!
Done!!.. don't give up sweetie.. your in control.. don't let it get to you.. set it in your head and move forward !!!.. we're not perfect.. so just make the best food choices you can and keep moving!!.. all your extra activites are doing you good ..
Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Too tired to find my glasses, so sorry for any typos!

It's after 2 am and I can't get back to sleep. Last night, about 9:30, I called my BFF1. (She and her dh have gone to just using cell phones and don't have a lot of minutes so we mostly talk late in the evenings.) We were catching up on stuff... she told me she's just gone back on LC (so now I have more inspiration for sticking with it!) She also said that her brother just had gastric bypass surgery, and had called her twice from the hospital to let her know he was okay. We'd been on the phone for about an hour when her other line rang. I thought it was odd that anyone would call so late. She put me on hold and came back a minute later, saying, "I've got to go. My brother is in cardiac arrest." We hung up, and I started praying immediately... that he would pull through, for assurance of his salvation if he didn't, for my friend's safety as she drove up to the hospital, etc.

She just called me back a little while ago. He didn't make it. She's at the hospital now, waiting for his kids to show up... they live about 4 hours away, and don't know yet that he didn't make it.

She did tell me that he had prayed to receive Christ some time ago and she has no doubt that he is in heaven. I think he was in his 40's or early 50's.

I'm going to try to get back to sleep. I have to be up in 4 and a half hours to catch an early ferry to town. My dental appointment is at 1 pm, but we have a lot to do before then. Please keep my BFF and her other two brothers, her niece and nephew in your prayers. And me for my dental stuff, too. Thanks so much!

Love, Raini
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 AM   #83

Quote:
Too tired to find my glasses, so sorry for any typos!

It's after 2 am and I can't get back to sleep. Last night, about 9:30, I called my BFF1. (She and her dh have gone to just using cell phones and don't have a lot of minutes so we mostly talk late in the evenings.) We were catching up on stuff... she told me she's just gone back on LC (so now I have more inspiration for sticking with it!) She also said that her brother just had gastric bypass surgery, and had called her twice from the hospital to let her know he was okay. We'd been on the phone for about an hour when her other line rang. I thought it was odd that anyone would call so late. She put me on hold and came back a minute later, saying, "I've got to go. My brother is in cardiac arrest." We hung up, and I started praying immediately... that he would pull through, for assurance of his salvation if he didn't, for my friend's safety as she drove up to the hospital, etc.

She just called me back a little while ago. He didn't make it. She's at the hospital now, waiting for his kids to show up... they live about 4 hours away, and don't know yet that he didn't make it.

She did tell me that he had prayed to receive Christ some time ago and she has no doubt that he is in heaven. I think he was in his 40's or early 50's.

I'm going to try to get back to sleep. I have to be up in 4 and a half hours to catch an early ferry to town. My dental appointment is at 1 pm, but we have a lot to do before then. Please keep my BFF and her other two brothers, her niece and nephew in your prayers. And me for my dental stuff, too. Thanks so much!

Love, Raini
awww.. I am so sorry to hear about your bffs brother.. wow.. .. I will say a few prayers for the family for sure and God and I talked last night about you ..

have a safe trip to town..
Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today was kind of a nightmare... except I was glad not to wake up and find out I hadn't really gotten through it-- 'cuz that would mean I'd still have to go through it! The dentist went back in to clean out my root canal and try to get that last canal done. He couldn't get it, so he had to do surgery-- removing a piece of the gum, amputating the last root, and sewing the gum back up. I was terrified, but prayed almost constantly. Afterward, he came out to the lobby to see if I was okay, and I resisted the urge to bury my head in his chest and start bawling.

Now I'm trying to balance my meds- the antibiotics, the pain meds and the muscle relaxant I was already on. The doc and the pharmacist agree that they are all safe to take together, but my stomach isn't happy about it. DH suggested I take them with an Atkins shake, so I'm trying that now.

I was able to eat dinner tonight... not til about 8:30, but at least I ate. DH fixed a plate of leftover meatloaf and green beans. I was so thankful when he brought it into the bedroom for me. He's really come a long way in that department. I used to be lucky if he'd bring me a glass of water when I had pneumonia! So dinner was nice, and I felt cared for.

I'm laying low for awhile. With my back hurting and my mouth trying to heal, I don't want to push it and end up really sick, which used to be a pattern for me. Our week-end company had to cancel, so I don't have anything I really have to do. I'll see how I feel on Saturday, and maybe try a little Pickleball if I'm really up to it. The last time my back hurt like this, I was fine after just a couple of days of rest. So maybe...!

Checked in with my BFF. Her brother's family all arrived safely, and are taking his death as well as can be expected. We're hoping they will have his service at the little Christian church he used to go to.

Feeling kind of woozy and not able to focus really well. Guess it's time to call it a night.

Monet, thanks for the prayers!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #85

heal well my friend..

and that was nice of your hubs
Old 06-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doing better with my meds... DH suggested taking them with an Atkins shake, and my stomach is handling them better.

Got up this a.m. without a lot of back pain, but that changed as soon as I sat down for 10 minutes. Hoping the weather will clear enough that we can go for a walk today. That's about all I can do without hurting.

Breakfast was 1/2 Atkin's shake. Unenthusiastic "Wow."
Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #87

.. how was your weekend my dear??

Did the shakes do better with the meds?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #88

Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made it through the weekend. Missed church because I couldn't sit that long. Stayed in bed most of the day... the only comfortable position is laying on my side.

Lost a few pounds.... back down to 274.5, which is still 2 pounds above my pre-vacation weight, but I'll take it!

Spent more than 4 hours cleaning house today. Did a lot of things that can be done while standing without too much bending. I'm tired of being in bed, but can't sit for long without hurting. So cleaning is now one of my favorite things to do. Who woulda thunk it?

I'm trying something a little new for me at bedtime. I want to be living more fully and more aware (and appreciative) of my surroundings, so I'm exercising my 5 senses and trying to recall things as I'm going to sleep. For instance, I'll think of 5 things that I saw, 5 things I smelled, 5 things I touched or felt, etc. I realized right away that I remember things I've seen quite easily, but it's more of a challenge to focus on things I've heard or smelled, or even felt. So yesterday, for what I saw, there was the gorgeous view of Mt. Ranier, the water glistening off the Puget Sound, an elderly dog (with just one eye) being cuddled by his owner, all the hummingbirds at our feeder, and a lovely forest view. (Of course there were many more things, but I just had to come up with five.)

For touch, there was the soft feel of the above-mentioned dog (who had just had a bath,) my silky-soft Gracie cat, my dh kissing my neck, the lotion I put on my skin, the warmth of my heated "bean bag," and the warmth of the sun on my face.

Remembering smells is a little tougher, and I'm trying to not have them all relate to food. But yesterday we were off-island and stopped by a Pizza Hut to buy a gift certificate for a family member. I do have to say that the smell of a freshly baking pizza did delight my senses! Also glad to say that I didn't succumb to that smell and buy one, even though I was sorely tempted. By bedtime I had "collected" the smell of pizza, the scent of a favorite perfume, the scent of lavender while doing laundry, the smell of fresh "sea" air while crossing the Puget Sound and the honey-scented lotion I use (which reminds me of the motels we'd stay in while on vacation when I was little.)

Anyway, I'm just trying not to take God's creation for granted. I want to delight in it all, even the small things.

So much more to say, but my back is giving out and it is time for more meds. Ugh...

I need continued prayer for my back to heal, and for my tooth (and mouth) to heal after the surgery. TIA!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #90

Good to hear from you and yay on the pounds gone.. ..

continuing.. .. I like your bedtime ritual( sp?) thingy..

get better so0o0on