Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Crazy-busy today.... up early and caught a ferry to be with a friend before and after surgery. She wasn't out by the time I had to leave, but word is the surgery went well.

Leaving early early EARLY in the a.m. to beat low tide. Not sure of the internet is working at the resort where we'll be. Might have to sneak over to the library if we can't pick up WiFi.

Packed a lot of healthy foods, plus baked pizza base and mini-cheesecakes tonight; but dh has it in his head that we're eating out a lot. I need prayer!!!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #842
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #843
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Crazy-busy today.... up early and caught a ferry to be with a friend before and after surgery. She wasn't out by the time I had to leave, but word is the surgery went well.

Leaving early early EARLY in the a.m. to beat low tide. Not sure of the internet is working at the resort where we'll be. Might have to sneak over to the library if we can't pick up WiFi.

Packed a lot of healthy foods, plus baked pizza base and mini-cheesecakes tonight; but dh has it in his head that we're eating out a lot. I need prayer!!!
well you two have a good ole time .. and prayer will go up
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Ugh! No will power, no discipline on this trip! Now I'm home and back in business.

Breakfast was a protein drink with half a zucchini thrown in. Lunch was stir-fry chicken, onions and peppers with a low-carb mayo-catsup sauce. Not sure what dinner will be.

Crazy busy again this week-- today is cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Tomorrow- maybe more cleaning or maybe grocery shopping. It's the time of year when I do not want to have to be on the ferry Thursdays through Mondays, but dh wants to go sailing tomorrow. If I do go shopping, it will be alone. But company is coming this week-end and I don't want to be caught without good food. What to do?

Wednesday I promised to help clean out the building where we're having our quilt show at the Salmon Bake, and Thursday is craft day if I can get away from last-minute cleaning. Friday I've promised to help set up the quilt show. Saturday is the Salmon Bake and day that company is coming.

When I have more time I want to tell about the delightful people we met on our trip- two missionary couples, another neat Christian couple and a severely disabled man who is riding his bicycle from Vancouver, B.C. to the coast of California.

Oh-oh-oh! I bought fabric for a "Horse Quilt." Big horses for the three big squares (same pattern as the last two quilts) and barbed-wire fabric, hay bales fabric, Texas star fabric, sky fabric and cowboy boot fabric for the smaller squares and half-square triangles. I'd be working on it now if I didn't have so much to do!

Back when I'm able....
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #845
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Ugh! No will power, no discipline on this trip! Now I'm home and back in business.

Breakfast was a protein drink with half a zucchini thrown in. Lunch was stir-fry chicken, onions and peppers with a low-carb mayo-catsup sauce. Not sure what dinner will be.

Crazy busy again this week-- today is cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Tomorrow- maybe more cleaning or maybe grocery shopping. It's the time of year when I do not want to have to be on the ferry Thursdays through Mondays, but dh wants to go sailing tomorrow. If I do go shopping, it will be alone. But company is coming this week-end and I don't want to be caught without good food. What to do?

Wednesday I promised to help clean out the building where we're having our quilt show at the Salmon Bake, and Thursday is craft day if I can get away from last-minute cleaning. Friday I've promised to help set up the quilt show. Saturday is the Salmon Bake and day that company is coming.

When I have more time I want to tell about the delightful people we met on our trip- two missionary couples, another neat Christian couple and a severely disabled man who is riding his bicycle from Vancouver, B.C. to the coast of California.

Oh-oh-oh! I bought fabric for a "Horse Quilt." Big horses for the three big squares (same pattern as the last two quilts) and barbed-wire fabric, hay bales fabric, Texas star fabric, sky fabric and cowboy boot fabric for the smaller squares and half-square triangles. I'd be working on it now if I didn't have so much to do!

Back when I'm able....
welcome home Raini.. .. what a busy week you have.. whhew.. I am tired just from reading it..lol..

I really wanna see the horse quilt when your done .. it will be sooo coool!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #846
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Hiya Raini! Good to see you home safe and sound.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Did pretty good today. I did cave in and have a big spoon of peanut butter (the wrong kind) while waiting for dinner. I also snacked too much, but at least it was stuff I can have (except the pb). Just too much of it.

Dinner was a Tilapia meal from Trader Joe's. It was pretty good, but I was still a bit hungry afterward. So I ate LC ice cream and then some chili lime almonds.

Tomorrow is, after all, grocery shopping day. Looks like dh will be going with me, and that is a blessing.

Worried about dd. Her phone goes straight to voice mail, she's not at work, and apparently has not checked for messages. I don't like that!!! She recently left her boyfriend and moved back to Oregon. I have no way to reach her and it scares me! Maybe ex-bf keeps calling her or something? I dunno... I sent her an e-mail, but don't know if she has her PC hooked up yet. Praying she's okay...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
DD is fine... was camping with friends and had no cell signal there. Thank you Lord!

'Twas a difficult day.... dh wanted to go to a breakfast buffet. I had half an omelet, bacon and sausage, and 2 bites of watermelon. Dh stuffed himself and therefor didn't want lunch OR dinner. We shopped for groceries almost all day, and I started getting hungry around 2 pm. By 4:30 I had asked if we could stop for lunch several times, but dh wasn't hungry, of course. By 5 pm I was getting downright nasty and told him I was pretty ticked off. He wanted to stop at Taco Bell for me and I flat out said "No." I knew I wouldn't stick to plan if I went there.

At Freddie's (i.e. Kroger's) I bought some baked chicken and ate it in the Jeep while we were on the ferry. Then I ate an Atkins bar and drank a diet soda, which I usually don't. It took a long time to fell like my stomach wasn't still empty.

I usually take something along to eat when we're going shopping, but we were out of everything "portable." Lesson learned (I hope!)

Guess I should plan to have a lunch ready for tomorrow. Not sure how long we'll be cleaning at the Farm, getting ready for the quilt show--- but I don't want to be tempted to grab something at the store on the way home.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #849
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
well.. either DH needs to not eat so much.. or you need to eat more at the buffet..

glad you got your groceries
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I don't like stuffing myself at the buffet. I'm trying to watch my portion sizes, and buffets do not help!

Breakfast today was sort of an omelet with mushrooms, onions and cheese.
I had a cup of tea at the coffee shop with friends after working at the Historical Farm.
Lunch was a piece of chicken, some jicama with lime and cayenne, and an Atkins bar.
No idea yet what dinner will be, but we have plenty of food! just need to figure out what to fix.

Back to cleaning...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #851
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I don't like stuffing myself at the buffet. I'm trying to watch my portion sizes, and buffets do not help!
Breakfast today was sort of an omelet with mushrooms, onions and cheese.
I had a cup of tea at the coffee shop with friends after working at the Historical Farm.
Lunch was a piece of chicken, some jicama with lime and cayenne, and an Atkins bar.
No idea yet what dinner will be, but we have plenty of food! just need to figure out what to fix.

Back to cleaning...
I was just joking sweet pea.. its great NOT to stuff yourself !!!.. so DH needs to stop it..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Kind of in a funk.... keeping a low profile so I don't annoy the ones I love!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #853
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Kind of in a funk.... keeping a low profile so I don't annoy the ones I love!
Thanks for checkin in .. Hope your funk gets better
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Went back to bed for some much-needed zzzz's. Thai has been waking me up every morning around 5 with an asthma attack and I haven't been getting back to sleep.

So... I've been feeling like some of my friendships here on the island are a bit "off" and I can't figure out what on earth I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's not me... I enjoyed the new friendships I made while we were away, and have even heard from them since we got back home. Anyway, I decided I'm going to back off a bit and focus on what I need to be doing for me and for my goals-- both weight-loss wise and spiritually.

I'm not going to craft day today. I have so much to do around here, and I've been asking myself "Is what I'm doing getting me any closer to my goals?" At least for this week, I'd have to say that craft day would not get me any closer to my goals. I don't have anything ready to take to work on and I don't want to be tempted by the foods they have there. And I don't want to take the time to make up something just for me to eat. Also, there is a lot of strife going on in our community right now, and I know that tempers will be flaring there--- probably not at each other because we're all on the same page there, but at the few who are causing all the problems. So there will be heated discussions and a lot of gossip and stress. I don't want any part of it today.

Breakfast was a protein drink (gag) with half a cucumber blended in. It's a product that someone else didn't like and gave to me. I figured that even if I don't like the taste, it's good for me and I WILL use it. It does fill me up so I'm not thinking about food all day.

Lunch will probably be the last piece of baked chicken we have left over and maybe the other half of the cucumber. Dh just said he was bringing in pork chops for dinner, and I'll steam some broccoli to go with it.

I keep planning to bake LC choc-chip cookies and I keep not baking them! So maybe today...

And I think I've run out of excuses not to exercise, so maybe I will.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #855
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,865
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Ijicama
Okay . . . you mention this a LOT and I have no clue what it is . . . how it is pronounced . . . what it tastes like . . . could you please explain? Pretty please?

dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Jicama is pronounced "Hick-ah-ma" with the accent on the first syllable.

It looks like an odd-shaped over-sized baseball, or maybe a large light-brown turnip. It has a thick skin and you peel that off, either with a potato peeler or with a knife. It tastes like a cross between an apple and a raw potato... maybe also like a water chestnut. The texture is kind of like a raw potato. It is yummy in salads (adds a nice crunch!) and one of my favorite things to do with it is squeeze a fresh lime over top of it when I've cut it into sticks.

I also make "hash browns" with it if I have the time. I shred it with a vegetable shredder and put it in a pan with chicken broth and water. I boil it for as long as I can stand to wait (20 minutes or maybe more) and then drain it and fry it up with diced onions and maybe even diced peppers. They take quite awhile to get brown, but to me it is worth the wait.

I also use jicama in place of apples for a Waldorf salad (minus the raisins.) I just use jicama, a few walnuts, celery, mayo and a little Splenda. Company has never noticed the difference when I've served it! Yum! Should have had jicama today instead of Fritos when I got all upset.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Where did all my posts go? I posted several since June 30....

Back on track after messing up bad on Saturday. Again, a case of not being prepared. Ended up volunteering at the Salmon Bake a lot longer than planned and didn't take a lunch with me. We weren't going to pay $15 a plate for the meals there since I could only have the salmon or ribs but none of the sides. Having had no lunch, when they started selling the leftovers, I talked dh into buying garlic bread, baked beans, ribs and shortcake-- then stuffed myself with all the things I shouldn't have had.

Sunday was 100% on plan, and today I told dh I didn't want to sail over to the celebration at Steilacoom because they were having Indian Fry bread. What is the point in going somewhere when all the vendors will be selling junk I can't eat? I just end up feeling sorry for myself, like I'm being punished or something. Wanna pay $3 for a hot dog and then just eat the dog? Or $5 for a hamburger and then just eat the meat? No thanks...

I wasn't hungry at all this morning, but by 11 am I finally had an Atkins Daybreak bar. I've been making faux-tato salad for our dinner, and I think I'm going to make Linda Sue's pound cake and maybe those chocolate chip cookies I've been planning to make for the last week.

Tonight we'll take the sailboat out to watch the fireworks. We can see a long way from the Sound, including Fort Lewis, several different ones in Tacoma, Olympia and of course Steilacoom. Not sure if there will be any on the island... they may have been all used up on Saturday night! LOL Would have been a lot more fun with dd here, but her mean ol' boss decided to load her up with extra shifts, even though she knew before she hired her that she needed this week-end off.

I'm a little nervous about the people drinking and boating out there. Our sailboat isn't near as fast as our big cabin cruiser was, so hope we don't need to move out of anyone's way in a hurry.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #858
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Where did all my posts go? I posted several since June 30....

Back on track after messing up bad on Saturday. Again, a case of not being prepared. Ended up volunteering at the Salmon Bake a lot longer than planned and didn't take a lunch with me. We weren't going to pay $15 a plate for the meals there since I could only have the salmon or ribs but none of the sides. Having had no lunch, when they started selling the leftovers, I talked dh into buying garlic bread, baked beans, ribs and shortcake-- then stuffed myself with all the things I shouldn't have had.

Sunday was 100% on plan, and today I told dh I didn't want to sail over to the celebration at Steilacoom because they were having Indian Fry bread. What is the point in going somewhere when all the vendors will be selling junk I can't eat? I just end up feeling sorry for myself, like I'm being punished or something. Wanna pay $3 for a hot dog and then just eat the dog? Or $5 for a hamburger and then just eat the meat? No thanks...

I wasn't hungry at all this morning, but by 11 am I finally had an Atkins Daybreak bar. I've been making faux-tato salad for our dinner, and I think I'm going to make Linda Sue's pound cake and maybe those chocolate chip cookies I've been planning to make for the last week.

Tonight we'll take the sailboat out to watch the fireworks. We can see a long way from the Sound, including Fort Lewis, several different ones in Tacoma, Olympia and of course Steilacoom. Not sure if there will be any on the island... they may have been all used up on Saturday night! LOL Would have been a lot more fun with dd here, but her mean ol' boss decided to load her up with extra shifts, even though she knew before she hired her that she needed this week-end off.

I'm a little nervous about the people drinking and boating out there. Our sailboat isn't near as fast as our big cabin cruiser was, so hope we don't need to move out of anyone's way in a hurry.
That is against the law here... reason.. my cousin Robin was killed because of this.. they went out one weekend.. speed boat... booze.. the driver took off and crashed into a dock.. Robin flew over the side and hit her head ... knocked her out and got trapped under the boat....

be careful if you go..

I am gonna take the rest of the day off.. but watch my portions.. tomorrow back to it baby!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
That is against the law here... reason.. my cousin Robin was killed because of this.. they went out one weekend.. speed boat... booze.. the driver took off and crashed into a dock.. Robin flew over the side and hit her head ... knocked her out and got trapped under the boat....

be careful if you go..

I am gonna take the rest of the day off.. but watch my portions.. tomorrow back to it baby!
Drinking and boating is illegal here, too. Doesn't seem to stop some people though.
<shiver>.... "Robin" was my radio name years ago when I worked in radio.... I already didn't want to go tonight! You can pray for our safety!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #860
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Drinking and boating is illegal here, too. Doesn't seem to stop some people though.
<shiver>.... "Robin" was my radio name years ago when I worked in radio.... I already didn't want to go tonight! You can pray for our safety!
I sure will .. you were a radio host? how cool was that..

now back in the day ( when I was thin..sighh) , my friends had a CB... and my name was.. "The Blond Bomb Shell.."
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #861
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
I sure will .. you were a radio host? how cool was that..

now back in the day ( when I was thin..sighh) , my friends had a CB... and my name was.. "The Blond Bomb Shell.."
Not a host... did voice talent for commercials and comedy sketches for a DJ. (Mostly wrote the stuff)
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Made it through the 4th without eating carby stuff--- okay, I actually ate 1/2 of a cracker to see if it was good with the dip I made to take out in the boat. The cracker was stale... so does that count?

I cooked and baked most of the day, when I wasn't washing all the dishes from said cooking and baking. I made Linda Sue's Pound Cake (yummy-yummy-yummy!) and I made my LC chocolate chip cookies. Also made a delicious dip with cream cheese, butter, cheese, olives, green peppers and Worcestershire sauce. I paired it up with my LC cheese crackers.

I made a faux-tato salad (drool) and then I made hamburgers to go on the grill.
*******************

Our boat trip was lovely! The waters were nice and calm, and at the last minute some friends that also have a sailboat called to see if we minded if they brought their boat along and stayed kind of near us. So there were 6 of us in two sailboats... no sailing 'cuz there was no wind... but we motored across the Sound and watched fireworks in a lot of locations. The closest were in Steilacoom, and they were so close that they were almost blinding, but gorgeous-- and very, VERY loud! First there would be a huge boom, and then several more big booms as the sound resonated against the hills behind the town.

The water was like glass and the skies were clear and starry... just very beautiful and relaxing. There was a drunk boater, but the Coast Guard caught up with him and towed him away. Made us feel nice and safe!

Today we'll be getting ready for a garage sale that we're having this week-end. I may try to sneak in some quilting, if I can get away with it!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #863
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
I've always wanted to watch fire works over a body of water.. sounds so pretty.. ..

glad you had a great day!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Today I ate just the stuff that is low carb, but I didn't ever really feel full and kept wanting to eat more.

Time for bed, and my late-late-late night snack was lettuce, cucumbers, mayo and cheese. Reminded me of eating a cheese sandwich and I didn't even miss the bread!

Never got to do any quilting today. I think we're going to have a really busy week getting ready for the garage sale.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
DS #3 called early this a.m. He's in New York and wanted us to watch him waving in the background of the Today show. LOL I always thought those people waving were kind of dorky, but thought differently today when I had a chance to see my son and ddil.

Ds#1 also called and said he is bringing our grandson up today. He will be here all day and then leave grandson with us for a couple of weeks or so. We knew they were coming, but had no idea when. Guess I should be getting ready to feed them!

Breakfast was omelet with sausage and cheese. Lunch- Dunno. Dinner- maybe hotdogs and coleslaw. Haven't figured everything out yet. Didn't have a lot of time to plan for this!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #866
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
DS #3 called early this a.m. He's in New York and wanted us to watch him waving in the background of the Today show. LOL I always thought those people waving were kind of dorky, but thought differently today when I had a chance to see my son and ddil.

Ds#1 also called and said he is bringing our grandson up today. He will be here all day and then leave grandson with us for a couple of weeks or so. We knew they were coming, but had no idea when. Guess I should be getting ready to feed them!

Breakfast was omelet with sausage and cheese. Lunch- Dunno. Dinner- maybe hotdogs and coleslaw. Haven't figured everything out yet. Didn't have a lot of time to plan for this!
how old is your grandson?? it will be nice to have him around huh..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
He's 11... I was a young mom, and then my ds made me a young grandma! LOL He's adorable--- has the hugest bright blue eyes and everywhere we go people, even strangers, comment about his eyes.

We had a nice early dinner so ds could get back on the road and go home. They just got back from camping with no time to do laundry, so guess what I'm doing? LOL

I had dh put the Rebounder away for a couple of weeks. I can't handle an energetic young 'un bouncing away every time he walks past it, or when we're watching TV or when I'm reading or.... well, you get the picture. I'm glad he has energy, but that thing is noisy. But I'll miss using it.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #868
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
He's 11... I was a young mom, and then my ds made me a young grandma! LOL He's adorable--- has the hugest bright blue eyes and everywhere we go people, even strangers, comment about his eyes.

We had a nice early dinner so ds could get back on the road and go home. They just got back from camping with no time to do laundry, so guess what I'm doing? LOL

I had dh put the Rebounder away for a couple of weeks. I can't handle an energetic young 'un bouncing away every time he walks past it, or when we're watching TV or when I'm reading or.... well, you get the picture. I'm glad he has energy, but that thing is noisy. But I'll miss using it.
HAHAHAHA i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ALRIGHT.. Kayden was always bouncing on my exercise ball.. till it all of a sudden got a hole in it.. know one knows what happened grrrrr.. I need to get a new one.. ..

everyone always comments on Kayden as well.. there is one Chinese place that the cashier lady always says... " there's that pretty boy" in her attempt to talk English hehehe

you enjoy that youngin.. and have fun
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Gettin' ready for a garage sale. Hired some help, so I don't have as much to do as I used to.

Exercised today and ate 100% on plan. Breakfast was sausage in scrambled eggs, lunch was a hamburger salad and dinner was a steak salad. Had some SF chocolate covered peanuts for snack.

Dh, Mitch and I played with the Kinect today... plum wore that boy out! Good for me to get moving again, too. I just haven't been motivated, but maybe I can make it a habit again.

Might not be able to check in for a day or so, but I'll try to at least post meals.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,372
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Wow... more than 3 weeks since my last post. Sad. I haven't been doing well at all with weight loss, eating or exercising. Every single day starts out well and then the stress kicks in and I fall apart.

We made over $1000 at the garage sale. That was nice.

BIL had another heart attack. That was stressful.

DS#2 has been severely depressed and threatened suicide. Not much we can do from 3000 miles away but pray, pray, PRAY.

DS#3 is on a mission trip in Thailand with his wife. I know this is God's will for their lives, but I still get nervous about it.

Having a hard time focusing on anything, and DH doesn't understand or know how to help. Mostly he just stays out of my way, which really does not help. I need him to come alongside and just be there for me.

Gonna bake some LC cookies...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.