Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Much harder to drink water when you see it dumping all day and all night outside! Feels like you just want to stay dry... at least on the inside!

But I'm glad you mentioned the water. I think I'll set a pitcher on the kitchen counter today to remind me to drink. Of course that will be AFTER I go for a walk, and not sure when that will be. My BFF from Portland is here and she's going to walk with me. But she's a late sleeper so not sure when that will be.

Breakfast will be hot flax cereal. Heading that way right now....
have fun with your bff.. ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
BFF and I got to go for a walk two days in a row! Won't be walking today, though. It's dumping again. Hopefully she will be in church this morning, though. I'll see her there!

She doesn't live on the island, but has a vacation place here. She was my neighbor when we lived in Portland and the best ever Scrabble buddy! Her wedding anniversary is today, so she'll probably be busy with her dh. They leave tomorrow, but she will be up here next week with her daughter, and the next week with her son and his wife.

Yesterday I had an almost perfect day as far as eating goes. I did eat half a slice of bread while I was fixing my lunch. <sigh> "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Why can't I get that through my head????? Or my heart???
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #813

[QUOTE=Raini;14649670]BFF and I got to go for a walk two days in a row! Won't be walking today, though. It's dumping again. Hopefully she will be in church this morning, though. I'll see her there!

She doesn't live on the island, but has a vacation place here. She was my neighbor when we lived in Portland and the best ever Scrabble buddy! Her wedding anniversary is today, so she'll probably be busy with her dh. They leave tomorrow, but she will be up here next week with her daughter, and the next week with her son and his wife.

Yesterday I had an almost perfect day as far as eating goes. I did eat half a slice of bread while I was fixing my lunch. <sigh> "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Why can't I get that through my head????? Or my heart???[/QUOTE]

cause we are human ... I need to do that as well.. although this week was a great one for me ..now lets try this again

glad you got to walt with your besty 2 days..

its dumping here as well.. blaaahhhh.. enjoy it if you can lol..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's a gorgeous day today and I want to honor God in all I do! Hoping to eat healthy foods, exercise in the house AND go for a walk today. First I need to get a bunch of b-day cards made, addressed and sent. Got dh's done yesterday ON his b-day. He sees me make all these neat cards for everyone else, and then I usually don't get any made for him.

Last night I didn't have any cravings for foods while watching TV. That was a first in a long time! Dh was eating M&Ms, raisins and peanuts... offered me some and I really didn't want any. I wish I felt that way all the time... it wasn't like, "Oh, I wish I could eat some of that stuff but I really shouldn't." It was "Nah. That's okay. I don't want any."

I gave him a big box of candy for his birthday. (That was the only thing I could sneak away and buy while we were shopping together.... and I know he loves the stuff and will eat just one a day until they are all gone.) Anywho... he offered me a couple and I didn't accept them. To be honest, I could probably eat half a box of them and then feel a lot of remorse. But I didn't and I feel good about that. I did buy him good quality chocolates, but I'm glad it wasn't See's! Not sure I could stay away from those.

Speaking of See's... that brings me 'round to what I posted on D's journal today: it's all in the conditioning. See's reminds me of good times at the hospital, when the management gave each office and unit a big box of See's candies at Christmas time. Who doesn't love the holidays? Who doesn't love candy? (These are rhetorical questions. I know some people don't... I'm not among them!) Eating See's candies is not just enjoyable because I like the taste and texture, but also because it reminds me of times I have enjoyed.

For years I have associated events with food: Going to Newport (Oregon) reminded me of clam chowder. Going to Seaside reminded me of fudge, or, in more recent years, amazing Cajun food. Going to Cannon Beach made me remember the best hamburgers I've ever eaten. Going to Long Beach always meant a trip to their bakery. Mt. Hood? Hot doughnuts at the ski lodge. Sun Valley, Idaho? Hot cashews. Lincoln City? Snickerdoodles, because we used to always go with friends and one of the moms always made Snickerdoodles. My mom never, EVER made Snickerdoodles.

Reconditioning my thought pattern might go something like this: Seaside reminds me of long, pleasant walks on the Boardwalk. Long Beach reminds me of running ankle-deep into the waves and then running back up the beach before I get soaked. Going to Elma reminds me of sitting on the bleachers watching the 4-H kids work out their horses, like I did when I was a kid. Or even local stuff: meeting with the ladies for crafts on Thursdays makes me think of fun stuff like making quilts or picking out fun fabrics for my next project.

I'd better get some breakfast before it's lunch time. On with the day....
Old 05-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #815

Quote:
It's a gorgeous day today and I want to honor God in all I do! Hoping to eat healthy foods, exercise in the house AND go for a walk today. First I need to get a bunch of b-day cards made, addressed and sent. Got dh's done yesterday ON his b-day. He sees me make all these neat cards for everyone else, and then I usually don't get any made for him.

Last night I didn't have any cravings for foods while watching TV. That was a first in a long time! Dh was eating M&Ms, raisins and peanuts... offered me some and I really didn't want any. I wish I felt that way all the time... it wasn't like, "Oh, I wish I could eat some of that stuff but I really shouldn't." It was "Nah. That's okay. I don't want any."

I gave him a big box of candy for his birthday. (That was the only thing I could sneak away and buy while we were shopping together.... and I know he loves the stuff and will eat just one a day until they are all gone.) Anywho... he offered me a couple and I didn't accept them. To be honest, I could probably eat half a box of them and then feel a lot of remorse. But I didn't and I feel good about that. I did buy him good quality chocolates, but I'm glad it wasn't See's! Not sure I could stay away from those.

Speaking of See's... that brings me 'round to what I posted on D's journal today: it's all in the conditioning. See's reminds me of good times at the hospital, when the management gave each office and unit a big box of See's candies at Christmas time. Who doesn't love the holidays? Who doesn't love candy? (These are rhetorical questions. I know some people don't... I'm not among them!) Eating See's candies is not just enjoyable because I like the taste and texture, but also because it reminds me of times I have enjoyed.

For years I have associated events with food: Going to Newport (Oregon) reminded me of clam chowder. Going to Seaside reminded me of fudge, or, in more recent years, amazing Cajun food. Going to Cannon Beach made me remember the best hamburgers I've ever eaten. Going to Long Beach always meant a trip to their bakery. Mt. Hood? Hot doughnuts at the ski lodge. Sun Valley, Idaho? Hot cashews. Lincoln City? Snickerdoodles, because we used to always go with friends and one of the moms always made Snickerdoodles. My mom never, EVER made Snickerdoodles.

Reconditioning my thought pattern might go something like this: Seaside reminds me of long, pleasant walks on the Boardwalk. Long Beach reminds me of running ankle-deep into the waves and then running back up the beach before I get soaked. Going to Elma reminds me of sitting on the bleachers watching the 4-H kids work out their horses, like I did when I was a kid. Or even local stuff: meeting with the ladies for crafts on Thursdays makes me think of fun stuff like making quilts or picking out fun fabrics for my next project.

I'd better get some breakfast before it's lunch time. On with the day....
.. yes my friend.. we must redirect our thoughts..

Happy day after his birthday...
Old 05-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #816

Where r u Lady Bug?...

Hope all is well ..
Old 05-22-2011, 02:53 AM   #817

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/320/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-25.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Howdy
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #818

I am worried about you girly.... you're all ok..
Old 05-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #819

Ms. Raini . . . you're lights on, but I'm going to bed now, but wanted to say howdy. I hope you enjoyed TBL tonight! Our girls won!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Guess I've just been super busy! Also not so proud of how I've been eating, except for today and I did well.

Not sure if I mentioned that I am taking a quilt class and working on two quilts at once--- one in the classroom and then I work on the other when I get home. So, dh bought me a cute little Singer Featherweight (vintage) this week, but I didn't have time to try it out before going to class today. Well, I set up my regular machine but the teacher (and my friend!) said, "No my friend, you are going to use your 'new' machine today." She helped me get it set up, threaded and all, but it runs quite differently than what I'm used to. It's hard to get going and the pedal doesn't respond as quickly or easily as my expensive machine. I struggled through class using it, and then went back to my regular machine when I got home. I'm way behind the others in class because I had to keep "reverse-sewing" (ripping seams out, for those not familiar with the term!)
I hope to play around with it this week and get used to it. Dh wasn't too sure about getting it for me, and I promised him I'd use it and love it. I don't want to let him down.

Headed out to finish washing the dishes. BBL!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Ms. Raini . . . you're lights on, but I'm going to bed now, but wanted to say howdy. I hope you enjoyed TBL tonight! Our girls won!!!
LOL! My light was on because I was posting on your site!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #822

Just a fly by.. will read this tomorrow.. so glad your ok..
Old 05-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #823

i SURE WISH i COULD SEW..LOL.. but nope.. not even a straight line..

my MIL makes quilts all the time.. as well as the lady who works my days off.. .. they are so good.. ..

hope your having fun...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #824

Ms. Raini? Do you realize how many days it's been since you posted? come back!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here I am!!! Had ds #3 and dDIL here for a few days. We had a lot of fun. Tim brought me a video of him singing in a musical. He played the part of a hot dog vendor, sang a solo and then sang with a whole lot of little kids. Now when they see him they say, "Hi Mr. Oscar Meyer!" I have not seen him sing in front of an audience since he was in third grade. He did sing the National Anthem at dd's high school when he was in college, but I missed it because I had to work at the hospital. He has a really good voice and I wish I could have been there in person.

I've been crazy-busy working on my quilts. While Tim was working on an upcoming sermon and his wife was correcting her students' homework, I worked diligently on my quilts. Then I noticed that I had the blue and yellow one put together wrong and had to take it all apart and sew it all over again. It was so frustrating, but I will NOT give up! I am going to learn how to do this!!!

Today a friend yelled at me in front of four other friends. She scolded me like I was a child and I had no idea how to respond. A little later she apologized and even gave me a hug. I'm glad she did, but I was still so hurt. I tried to keep a "stiff upper lip" as they say, but I've been waiting all afternoon to be alone so I can have a good cry. My head is pounding from the pressure of unreleased tears.

I always wonder "what on earth is wrong with me?" when someone is short with me. I figure I must be pretty annoying and yet I honestly try not to annoy people. Another friend blew up at me once when I said something about not wanting to pay $5 for a hotdog at a ball game. She ranted about how we have all this money and a big house and how she and her husband don't have near as much as we do and that she's sick and tired of hearing me say 'we can't afford that.' I didn't say we couldn't afford it... I said we choose not to spend money on outrageously priced stuff like snacks at a ball game. Anyway, I hadn't said it to criticize her... I was mentioning that I'd pack dh a lunch when he went to the game because I knew he wouldn't buy anything there. It had nothing to do with her, her money or how she spends it. Period. But she blew up and said all kinds of mean things and then apologized the next day. The damage was already done, however. It made me afraid to say anything at all to her because I was sure I'd somehow say the wrong thing.

I don't want that to happen with this friend, because she is one of my favorite people. We've been spending more time together and I've really enjoyed it. Maybe I should tape my mouth shut....?

Enough of that. Breakfast was a flax pancake, an egg and a piece of bacon. Lunch was one piece of low carb pizza, some chicken and a bite of low carb peanut brittle. Dinner will be chicken and broccoli. Maybe a salad if I'm not too lazy to fix it.

My tummy is growling...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #826

There you are .. good to see you daaahhhlink

I really wanna see pics of your quilts.... I wish I could make them..

and as far as your friend goes.. shake it off.. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks at a ball game either for a hot dog.. when you can buy 3 packs and some buns for that price.. and I DONT have a lot of money..lol.. its just common since..

Maybe she was just having a bad day.. I am sure it had nothing to do with you saying anything wrong..

don't stay away... to long :P

D hasn't been posting either.. sniff sniff.. makes me feel all alone..

anywho.. glad you had a good visit with your son and dil..

Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I may try to post a pic of one of the quilts before it was sewn together... just laid out on the table to see how I want to put the blocks.

The top is almost finished on the blue one now... just need the outer border. The tropical fish one is my favorite, but I just have one panel sewn together so far. Hope to get all panels sewn tomorrow.

This does not come naturally to me and I have to work really hard at it. I keep taking out stitches and re-sewing the pieces to make them come out right. I'm the slowest one in my class, which is hard to admit! But I am trying to make myself do this for a number of reasons: I need the discipline to follow through on something that is difficult instead of giving up; I need the social exposure to be in a group where I'm not particularly comfortable; and I want to be able to make pretty things for my home, my family and my friends. I have a pretty bad track record of giving up when the going gets tough. I need to change that.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:08 AM   #828

Quote:
I may try to post a pic of one of the quilts before it was sewn together... just laid out on the table to see how I want to put the blocks.

The top is almost finished on the blue one now... just need the outer border. The tropical fish one is my favorite, but I just have one panel sewn together so far. Hope to get all panels sewn tomorrow.

This does not come naturally to me and I have to work really hard at it. I keep taking out stitches and re-sewing the pieces to make them come out right. I'm the slowest one in my class, which is hard to admit! But I am trying to make myself do this for a number of reasons: I need the discipline to follow through on something that is difficult instead of giving up; I need the social exposure to be in a group where I'm not particularly comfortable; and I want to be able to make pretty things for my home, my family and my friends. I have a pretty bad track record of giving up when the going gets tough. I need to change that.

Its Beautiful Raini ..

I know what you mean.. that is kinda way I wanna learn to decorate cakes.. I tried the sewing thing... umm.. not so good..

although everyone loves ( or so they say) my cooking.. I wanna make it pretty.. also , I need an outlet.. something to keep me busy besides the TV.. ..

we are just learning.. and we WILL get better.. although, I am thinking your pretty dern good at yours.. ..

the time will come when you don't have to redo things as often.. but knowing my MIL... shes been making them for years.. and some times.. she has to redo one every now and then.. its all good ..,, we have to remember.. just like getting healthy.. its not about winning the race.. or doing it perfectly.. as long as we keep on trying and do the best that we can
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We spent the day hopping from one quilt shop to another. I finally have all the fabric for my borders and the backs. I just hope I can figure out how to cut them properly! Our teacher won't be available between now and when we have to have the tops all done.

During my quiet time today I came across a saying that is something like the one I see here a lot. The one on LCF is: Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.

The message I read today talks about pain... the pain of not doing what you want (or eating what you want) vs the pain of regret. Is it more painful for me to stay away from something I think I really want, or is it more painful to regret that I keep giving in to temptations? The answer is easy, but at the time of temptation it is truly hard.

We went to a favorite Chinese buffet for lunch today. Most of my food came from the Mongolian-style grill, which was fresh veggies and meat. I did have a bite of peanut butter chicken but stopped at the one bite. I skipped all the desserts and some of the dishes I really like because of what was in them. I was not hungry when I left and felt good that I did so well.

Dh ate a lot and (as usual when he does this) wasn't interested in having dinner while he was still full from lunch. We didn't get back on the island until 7 pm and I was starving. (Okay... really, really hungry. I guess it would take me quite awhile to starve!) We stopped by to see some friends before we went to our house, and they had tortilla chips and dip that they offered. I caved. The dip was fine, but the chips, of course, were a 'no-no.' (Interestingly enough, dh just stopped by the computer to make sure I was telling y'all about the chips I ate tonight! Ironic, because if he'd allowed me to stop for dinner somewhere, I wouldn't have needed chips! AND he was offering me candy and other junk he bought in town today! How dare he make a fuss about the chips!!!)

Tomorrow we'll be out in the boat most of the day. I need to pack enough food for lunch AND dinner, because I remember well how he wouldn't bring me home until late at night last summer. I don't want any more excuses.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #830

ya know.. a LOT of the time.. my MIL just buys sheets that fit her quilts.. she says it saves money.. .. just a thought for ya ..

funny about your DH.. making sure you told us about the chips.... not so funny that he offers you candy... and doesn't offer to stop anywhere if you tell if your hungry...

yeah.. on your day trips.. do take something.. even if its to hold you over till you get home.. ..

enjoy your weekend
Old 06-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I spent five hours in the kitchen yesterday. I made turkey/sausage meatballs, Sassy Chicken Salad, hard boiled eggs and low carb mini-cheesecakes. Then I packed up the chicken salad and met dh at the marina to go sailing. The tide was extremely low and that made the ramp to the dock almost vertical! Scary getting down there...

We were out in the boat about 5 and 1/2 hours. It was sunny and warm and very relaxing. There weren't very many other boats out- kind of surprising for such a lovely day. We docked at Steilacoom and ate our dinner and then headed back to the island. It was almost dark when we got back.

Today after church I worked on a wedding card for nearly 4 hours. Then we went to a post-wedding shower this evening. I took the mini-cheese cakes so there would be something there that I could have. I didn't touch the wedding cake, the popcorn or any of the other luscious desserts. There was something there with berries that was buried in some kind of baked cream--- looked like Baked Alaska, actually. I kept thinking "just one bite" and then thinking "one bite leads to another." I also kept reminding myself: "The pain of discipline now or the pain of regret later." So I ate my cheesecake and drank my water. I was fine and felt good about not caving to temptation.

Tomorrow is back to working on quilt borders. I think I'd be enjoying this process more if I wasn't pressed for time! But if I want help on the machine quilting, I need to stay caught up with the rest of the class. Looks like it will be raining tomorrow, so I'd be inside anyway.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
ya know.. a LOT of the time.. my MIL just buys sheets that fit her quilts.. she says it saves money.. .. just a thought for ya ..
I'll probably be doing that in the future. I can't keep spending money on yards of fabric that won't really even be seen!

Quote:
funny about your DH.. making sure you told us about the chips.... not so funny that he offers you candy... and doesn't offer to stop anywhere if you tell if your hungry...
I called him on it... when he saw me writing, he wanted to make sure I confessed about the chips. Then I reminded him that it was only because I missed dinner and was so hungry. And I reminded him that I missed dinner because he ate so much for lunch and didn't want to stop for dinner. I think he finally understood where I was coming from! He actually said something about being sorry!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #833

Quote:
I spent five hours in the kitchen yesterday. I made turkey/sausage meatballs, Sassy Chicken Salad, hard boiled eggs and low carb mini-cheesecakes. Then I packed up the chicken salad and met dh at the marina to go sailing. The tide was extremely low and that made the ramp to the dock almost vertical! Scary getting down there...

We were out in the boat about 5 and 1/2 hours. It was sunny and warm and very relaxing. There weren't very many other boats out- kind of surprising for such a lovely day. We docked at Steilacoom and ate our dinner and then headed back to the island. It was almost dark when we got back.

Today after church I worked on a wedding card for nearly 4 hours. Then we went to a post-wedding shower this evening. I took the mini-cheese cakes so there would be something there that I could have. I didn't touch the wedding cake, the popcorn or any of the other luscious desserts. There was something there with berries that was buried in some kind of baked cream--- looked like Baked Alaska, actually. I kept thinking "just one bite" and then thinking "one bite leads to another." I also kept reminding myself: "The pain of discipline now or the pain of regret later." So I ate my cheesecake and drank my water. I was fine and felt good about not caving to temptation.
Tomorrow is back to working on quilt borders. I think I'd be enjoying this process more if I wasn't pressed for time! But if I want help on the machine quilting, I need to stay caught up with the rest of the class. Looks like it will be raining tomorrow, so I'd be inside anyway.

good girl ...thats awesome !!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Look at you, brave Lisa! You came here and posted encouragement, even while feeling discouraged yourself. Well Sweetie, we are in the same boat and I can't be more than one day ahead of your resolve! So we will do this together... and so will D and all the others who want to make this journey to good health!

Off in search of lunch and then back to the quilts!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- 2 egg omelet with onions and cheese
S- (at quilting class) Atkins bar
L- (interrupted by prayer chain requests, haven't eaten it yet!) turkey meatballs and green salad
D- leftover pot roast, salad
Old 06-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On Monday I told Lisa that I'd try to remember to weigh myself on Tuesday. Well, yesterday morning was hectic and I forgot all about it until after I'd eaten breakfast, so I didn't get on the scales. But I remembered today and I've lost 2 pounds since the last time I weighed, which was at least three weeks ago. It might not sound like a lot, but I was almost sure I was in for a big gain. And I'm still retaining water, although I did take a water pill yesterday for the first time in awhile. (Can't do it today because we'll be in the Jeep most of the day.)

I almost fell off the wagon yesterday. I've eaten perfectly clean the last few days, but last evening I was craving peanut butter. We have an unopened jar of "regular" pb in the pantry for guests (regular meaning with sugar) and it just looked so good while I was fixing dinner, I decided that "just one spoonful" wouldn't hurt. Then, as I was trying to open it, I remembered the "pain of discipline now" quote, and even that didn't stop me at first. But as I struggled to open the jar, it gave me time to realize that I really didn't want to mess up again. So, thanks to God, a stubborn jar lid and a good quote, I made it past that moment.

Lots of errands today and I'm going to have my "mammies-grammed." Praying that there is nothing to find! Also will be shopping for groceries and more quilting supplies. We'll probably be having lunch at Red Robin. They have such a yummy burger wrapped in lettuce and a delicious salad to replace the fries (why doesn't everyone offer that???) that I'm not tempted to go off plan when I'm there.

<Up on the soap box> I'm so tired of going to our only restaurant here on the island (and other restaurants elsewhere) and finding that even though I ask them to leave the bun off my burger, leave off the fries, skip the baked potato and corn or carrots, they want to charge me for a small handful of lettuce that they call a "salad." I was charged 75 cents the other day for the same amount of lettuce that I should have gotten on my burger anyway, and didn't even get the onions or pickles that should have come with it. Nor any mayo or bleu cheese dressing! I was so surprised when the waitress at Red Robin asked if I wanted my burger wrapped in lettuce, and did I want a salad instead of fries?!!! And guess what? It's paid off for them, because that's the only burger place we go to now when we're off-island! They have our loyalty because they have good food, good service and a good attitude! I'm done paying $8.99 for a burger patty and watching everyone else at the table get the "full meal deal."

Gotta run...

Last edited by raini; 06-08-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Old 06-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #837

Quote:
On Monday I told Lisa that I'd try to remember to weigh myself on Tuesday. Well, yesterday morning was hectic and I forgot all about it until after I'd eaten breakfast, so I didn't get on the scales. But I remembered today and I've lost 2 pounds since the last time I weighed, which was at least three weeks ago. It might not sound like a lot, but I was almost sure I was in for a big gain. And I'm still retaining water, although I did take a water pill yesterday for the first time in awhile. (Can't do it today because we'll be in the Jeep most of the day.)

I almost fell off the wagon yesterday. I've eaten perfectly clean the last few days, but last evening I was craving peanut butter. We have an unopened jar of "regular" pb in the pantry for guests (regular meaning with sugar) and it just looked so good while I was fixing dinner, I decided that "just one spoonful" wouldn't hurt. Then, as I was trying to open it, I remembered the "pain of discipline now" quote, and even that didn't stop me at first. But as I struggled to open the jar, it gave me time to realize that I really didn't want to mess up again. So, thanks to God, a stubborn jar lid and a good quote, I made it past that moment.

Lots of errands today and I'm going to have my "mammies-grammed." Praying that there is nothing to find! Also will be shopping for groceries and more quilting supplies. We'll probably be having lunch at Red Robin. They have such a yummy burger wrapped in lettuce and a delicious salad to replace the fries (why doesn't everyone offer that???) that I'm not tempted to go off plan when I'm there.

<Up on the soap box> I'm so tired of going to our only restaurant here on the island (and other restaurants elsewhere) and finding that even though I ask them to leave the bun off my burger, leave off the fries, skip the baked potato and corn or carrots, they want to charge me for a small handful of lettuce that they call a "salad." I was charged 75 cents the other day for the same amount of lettuce that I should have gotten on my burger anyway, and didn't even get the onions or pickles that should have come with it. Nor any mayo or bleu cheese dressing! I was so surprised when the waitress at Red Robin asked if I wanted my burger wrapped in lettuce, and did I want a salad instead of fries?!!! And guess what? It's paid off for them, because that's the only burger place we go to now when we're off-island! They have our loyalty because they have good food, good service and a good attitude! I'm done paying $8.99 for a burger patty and watching everyone else at the table get the "full meal deal."

Gotta run...
for you.. 2 pounds.. woot woot.. and yaya to Red Robin....and another yay for you and the peanut butter
Old 06-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #838

Losing is ALWAYS a good thing!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Forgot to weigh this morning, and now I've had breakfast I won't be doing it now!

Had one bad day... Saturday was on-the-go all day from one event to another with no chance to prepare my own foods. Last year, one of the similar events had stuff I could eat, so I didn't worry. I should have... all different foods this year.

Got back on track for Sunday and am doing great once again. Feeling SO much better.

I'm wondering if all my probs with vertigo have to do with food allergies. I asked dh to question me if I'm dizzy... "Have you eaten off plan?" Told him I'd try not to bite his head off for asking! LOL Could also be other allergies--- the Scotch Brrom is in full bloom here and lots of people are having problems with it.

Have one more quilt top to finish, a quilting class tomorrow, and we're packing for a quick week away. #1 son planned to come for Father's Day, and dh was all excited; but #1 son canceled due to car problems and dh was kind of depressed. So I cooked up a quick RV trip to a favorite spot.

Be back when I can....
Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #840

Quote:
Forgot to weigh this morning, and now I've had breakfast I won't be doing it now!

Had one bad day... Saturday was on-the-go all day from one event to another with no chance to prepare my own foods. Last year, one of the similar events had stuff I could eat, so I didn't worry. I should have... all different foods this year.

Got back on track for Sunday and am doing great once again. Feeling SO much better.

I'm wondering if all my probs with vertigo have to do with food allergies. I asked dh to question me if I'm dizzy... "Have you eaten off plan?" Told him I'd try not to bite his head off for asking! LOL Could also be other allergies--- the Scotch Brrom is in full bloom here and lots of people are having problems with it.

Have one more quilt top to finish, a quilting class tomorrow, and we're packing for a quick week away. #1 son planned to come for Father's Day, and dh was all excited; but #1 son canceled due to car problems and dh was kind of depressed. So I cooked up a quick RV trip to a favorite spot.

Be back when I can....