Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #751
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
I don't think so. I think you do more walking that I do!
Umm no.. you have the numbers to prove it silly
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Dh wants me to shut down the computer and come to bed. Hmmmm... think I might do some online lookin' for cameras! LOL
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Dh wants me to shut down the computer and come to bed. Hmmmm... think I might do some online lookin' for cameras! LOL
poor poor DH...

did you find one?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
poor poor DH...

did you find one?
I found one online that had really good reviews (Sony), but we wanted it today so we could get photos of the "old" dining room set and put it on Craigslist. We went to Best Buy, but they only carry it online and not in their stores.

We ended up buying a different little Sony at Best Buy. Dh was mad because we picked out a less expensive one there at the store, but they said they didn't have that one in stock. Strange thing though... some guy was taking all the old displays out and putting out new ones; and the sales dude said that they had just gotten in all the new models. Kind of felt like a "bait and switch" except we hadn't seen an ad for that one-- just the display at the store.

We have 30 days to return it, and we're thinking about doing that.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #755

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Raini has a new toy! Raini has a new toy!
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #756

Quote:
I found one online that had really good reviews (Sony), but we wanted it today so we could get photos of the "old" dining room set and put it on Craigslist. We went to Best Buy, but they only carry it online and not in their stores.

We ended up buying a different little Sony at Best Buy. Dh was mad because we picked out a less expensive one there at the store, but they said they didn't have that one in stock. Strange thing though... some guy was taking all the old displays out and putting out new ones; and the sales dude said that they had just gotten in all the new models. Kind of felt like a "bait and switch" except we hadn't seen an ad for that one-- just the display at the store.

We have 30 days to return it, and we're thinking about doing that.
there you go.. order the one you wanted off line.. and return that other.... but take those pics and get them on your pc first
Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Raini has a new toy! Raini has a new toy!
LOL Dh has been putting together chairs for the dining room set for the last 3 hours! Found out they gave us two of the wrong chairs... they were the more expensive arm chairs, but we didn't like how they looked so we switched out for the regular chairs. And the place we bought the furniture is a ferry ride plus an hour away! And we had to take a trailer to haul 'em, and it costs double on the ferry. Not sure what we're gonna do, 'cuz we're NOT making a special trip back and we DON'T want the arm chairs.

We can't use the camera yet. The battery takes 5 hours to charge.

We don't get to put the bed together because the rails won't be here for 6-8 weeks. (Maybe we'll exchange the chairs then. Hope they still carry them!)

PEW! Our bedroom stinks and I have to tell you why! Remember the Mystery Shop? I got it all done, and today the lady sent an e-mail saying she forgot to ask for the labels from the boxes. Dh had to pull them out of the garbage. I had to put the stinky labels in my scanner to make copies. Stinky garbage! Stinky labels! I can't even spray disinfectant in here 'cuz Thai will get sick. Dh was really ticked. At least he gets to eat most of the food, and he likes it so that's nice. I did eat a dinner last night, but it had flour in it so I'm just waiting to puff up.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #758

Man oh amn you guys have the worst luck with stuff.... hope you get to exchange soon ..

night night
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Man oh amn you guys have the worst luck with stuff.... hope you get to exchange soon ..

night night
You're telling me! You remember about all the furniture we just finally got fixed? Also went through a mess of garbage with the blinds we custom ordered for the house when we first finished building. They sent half darkening shades and half not-darkened. When they were installed, from the outside the windows looked like a giant jack-o-lantern at night! Like missing teeth, you know? When they exchanged them, they messed up over and over again. Then, their installer got big black hand prints all over them when installing them, and tried to say he didn't do it! LOL Oh right! I must have done that when I reached up 18 feet to close them! I called the company right when the guy was still here. I said, "I don't want you to have to send new ones again. Just tell me how to clean them without ruining them." They said it couldn't be done, and sent new ones out again. The new ones didn't fit, and we finally gave up. They sent us half our money back. That was after 8 months of dealing with them.

Now get to bed! I don't want to have to tell you again, young lady!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #760

Good grief! I just don't know what to say at this point . . .
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Looks like we're returning the chairs today after all... if they have them in stock. Dh found one that was defective. Then I looked up reviews on the furniture company. They won Best Furniture Company two years in a row (2009 and 2010) but there were some complaints in there about bad service and no compensation for someone who has to drive a long way to return or exchange something. We'll see...

Yesterday there was a bridge closed that we needed to cross, and we spent an hour trying to find another way to get there. One person gave us the wrong directions. Finally ended up at a Christian school way out in the sticks. They were really nice and got us back on track.

Also had to pick up a new C-PAP machine for dh yesterday, and then discovered that it didn't have the water reservoir with it. The company was supposed to have it in the pack with everything else.

Good grief is right!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #762

well, I am glad your not waiting to take them back.. I was afraid the ones you wanted wouldn't be there..
Old 04-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
well, I am glad your not waiting to take them back.. I was afraid the ones you wanted wouldn't be there..
I posted my good news on D's journal, but to re-cap: they had the chairs assembled and waiting for us! Nice for dh, who didn't have to assemble them this time. They took about an hour each last night!

Other good news: the bridge wasn't closed off today, so we were able to get there without the hour-long detour we took yesterday.

Bad news: They "made it up to us" by giving us a $15.95 box of fresh fudge! Can you believe it? I wonder what dh would have said if I'd replied, "Oh, that's okay. We don't need any fudge!" I did get some SF fudge for my choice, but... ahem... sampled some of dh's fudge 'cuz it looked so good. I'm bad....
Old 04-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #764

Quote:
I posted my good news on D's journal, but to re-cap: they had the chairs assembled and waiting for us! Nice for dh, who didn't have to assemble them this time. They took about an hour each last night!

Other good news: the bridge wasn't closed off today, so we were able to get there without the hour-long detour we took yesterday.

Bad news: They "made it up to us" by giving us a $15.95 box of fresh fudge! Can you believe it? I wonder what dh would have said if I'd replied, "Oh, that's okay. We don't need any fudge!" I did get some SF fudge for my choice, but... ahem... sampled some of dh's fudge 'cuz it looked so good. I'm bad....
Fudge... how about some money off and more then 15.95

glad you got your chairs and all put together..

and thanks for the prayers.. I'm still alive
Old 04-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I finished the book "Heaven is for Real." Really an amazing book, and since the dad is a pastor and compared what his 4 year-old son had to say about heaven with what scripture says, I don't think it was made up. One thing I didn't see matching scripture was the little boy saying that people in heaven have wings. Hmmm... I know we're not angels when we get to heaven; but I guess there's no reason we can't have wings, huh?

I read most of the book last night when I went to bed. By the time I turned off my light I was very humbled and somewhat ashamed of myself. The Bible tells us all that God wants us to know about heaven and what He wants us to know about Him. Why does it take a 4 year-old boy to make my belief stronger? I guess a little like Thomas, when the other disciples had seen the risen Christ, but he refused to believe until he had seen Him for himself. I had a little sweet prayer time last night, and at least I know that God isn't finished with me yet!

Did anyone see the commercials last night for BL food at (ahem) a major food chain? I wonder if it's as tasty as the stuff we're trying out now. More importantly, I wonder if I could find any without wheat?

Hey Atkins people- How about some gluten-free low carb meals-ready-to-eat??? And not too expensive please!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #766

Quote:
I finished the book "Heaven is for Real." Really an amazing book, and since the dad is a pastor and compared what his 4 year-old son had to say about heaven with what scripture says, I don't think it was made up. One thing I didn't see matching scripture was the little boy saying that people in heaven have wings. Hmmm... I know we're not angels when we get to heaven; but I guess there's no reason we can't have wings, huh?

I read most of the book last night when I went to bed. By the time I turned off my light I was very humbled and somewhat ashamed of myself. The Bible tells us all that God wants us to know about heaven and what He wants us to know about Him. Why does it take a 4 year-old boy to make my belief stronger? I guess a little like Thomas, when the other disciples had seen the risen Christ, but he refused to believe until he had seen Him for himself. I had a little sweet prayer time last night, and at least I know that God isn't finished with me yet!

Did anyone see the commercials last night for BL food at (ahem) a major food chain? I wonder if it's as tasty as the stuff we're trying out now. More importantly, I wonder if I could find any without wheat?

Hey Atkins people- How about some gluten-free low carb meals-ready-to-eat??? And not too expensive please!!!
FAITH,, we must have faith... some people will say they don't know what to believe when it comes to God.. and I tell them.. I believe there is a God..a higher power.. that's my faith... they asked if I have ever seen God.. and I say... yes.. I may have never seen his face... I have seen God in many things.. the beauties of this world.. the day I had my boys.. how could people think there is no God ?,, when the wind blows.. when the seasons happen... when miracles happen... its not just anything.. ITS GOD!!

SOUNDS LIKE A NICE BOOK....

not sure where to buy the bl foods.. except on the site...
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 04-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
not sure where to buy the bl foods.. except on the site...
I'll send a pm....
Old 04-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm proud of me today!

It was "Crafter's Day" at the clubhouse, so last night I worked late into the night to make sure my projects were all lined up and ready to go. But my Cri-cut started messing up, tearing the paper or not cutting through it, so I decided to bag the projects I was working on, and come up with another project this morning.

So I got up early (EARLY!) and baked the bottom of a Low carb deep dish pizza, and lined up all the other ingredients to take to the clubhouse. Then I went to my office and got all the stuff I needed to make Easter cards. I had two big baskets of stuff to take.

I finally got dressed and then loaded everything into the car. When I got to the clubhouse, turns out everyone else had brought desserts and there were no other main dishes. There were cookies, cake, brownies and chocolates everywhere! Oh yeah... and a yummy-looking bread pudding. I promised myself (or threatened...) "If I take even ONE bite of anything here other than my pizza, I am not coming back to Crafter's anymore."

When I started working on my cards, the ink pad was not cooperating, and I ended up with nothing to do but sit and watch everyone else work on their stuff. And the desserts sat right in front of me. (Eventually a few ladies ran home and brought back salads and main dishes so my pizza wasn't the only main dish.) When it was time to eat, I had my slice of pizza and that was it. Later I ate a SF candy that I'd brought and had two cups of tea. But I managed to stay away from the desserts; and I didn't have the salad because I couldn't have any of the dressings that were there.

I think we're going to the Riv for dinner tonight with some of our friends. I'll probably have a pork chop and broccoli and a green salad.

Our dd sent us her "old" camera which is very, very nice! Dh is trying to figure out how to use it, because she didn't send the instructions with it. She also made a darling Easter card, and sent her dad a bag of Whopper's (his favorite!) and a SF bag of candies for me (like mini-coconut bars.) What a nice daughter! I almost cried.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #769

Oh Raini! I'm grinning all over myself for your successful efforts today! WTG lady! Whooo hoooo!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #770

Quote:
Oh Raini! I'm grinning all over myself for your successful efforts today! WTG lady! Whooo hoooo!
I agree.. way to go...

about your cricut... you need a new blade deary.. mine just did that as well.. right D?.. so I bought another.. but if its a new blade and still doing that.. how small is your font?? I find when I try to do really small fonts.. it does that as well.... just a thought

very sweet daughter .. I would have teared up as well
Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I agree.. way to go...

about your cricut... you need a new blade deary.. mine just did that as well.. right D?.. so I bought another.. but if its a new blade and still doing that.. how small is your font?? I find when I try to do really small fonts.. it does that as well.... just a thought

very sweet daughter .. I would have teared up as well
I was doing the 1" font for Thinking of You. It's done okay before, so I didn't know if it was the blade messing up, or if the paper was too thin. I do have new blades but haven't put one in yet. I wanted to try a couple of other things first. I didn't think my blade had that many "miles" on it yet, but maybe it did!

Yeah, when I got the box from my dd, I told dh "I'm the worst mother in the world!" because I didn't get any Easter cards or gifts out this year. But I forgot that I gave dd a big box of treats while she was here, including a cross-stitched Easter egg that I'd started for her when she was 5 years old! LOL I'd finished all the stitching, but never got it stuffed and sewed. So she got it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'm not such an awful mom after all.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
You aren't an awful anything!!!
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
Thanks, Rebecca! I feel better since I got the cards off in the mail. Even got one made for my birth-father's widow.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We got a check in the mail for almost $600 today! Yes, we were expecting it, but I just had this nagging little fear in the back of my head, "What if they don't pay me back?" It was for the mystery shopping I did, and I had to charge all that food ahead of time. So now it's all paid for, and dh is loving it! And I have to be careful if I'm hungry, 'cuz it looks good and smells good, but I can't have it.

We might be going off-island tomorrow to an Easter play, if our friend calls back and tells us where it is. I think it's somewhere out near where we just bought our new furniture. Quite a ways, but it's an afternoon performance and we'll have time to get back for the last ferry.

I've been 100% on-program now since early this week (food-wise) but I haven't exercised enough. I did get in a lot of walking, though. Hope to get more walking done now that the weather is looking a little better once in awhile.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #776

Evenin' Raini. Hope you have a wonderful sleep tonight.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Guess it's been awhile since I was here! Had a busy, busy week-end. Had company over to dinner tonight and then we played Kinect.

Funniest thing ever happened today! I put our dining room table and chairs on Craigslist, and an hour later our pastor's wife called. She said, "You're going to find this VERY funny!" Turns out a mutual friend of ours was helping the pastor's wife look for a dining room table. Had to be oak. Had to be oval. Had to have leaves to extend to get really long and seat a lot of people. Had to look "country." So the friend finds our table and chairs that I had JUST posted, but didn't recognize our phone number. She gives the info to the pastor's wife (who has been here a lot) and says "It's even on the island!" The pastor's wife recognizes my Rebounder in the background. She still hasn't made the connection, though. So she's thinking, "I hope these people aren't smokers!" (It said right there that it has always been in a smoke-free home! LOL) So she calls the number and guess who answers? Moi!!! They are coming over tomorrow to have a closer look. She has seen it a lot of times, but never really looked at it the way one would who was going to buy it. I love God's sense of humor!!!

Last edited by raini; 04-26-2011 at 12:27 AM..
Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
I'll catch up when I can!! I have my nephew here for Spring break and he's dominating my comp! LOL
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #779

Quote:
Guess it's been awhile since I was here! Had a busy, busy week-end. Had company over to dinner tonight and then we played Kinect.

Funniest thing ever happened today! I put our dining room table and chairs on Craigslist, and an hour later our pastor's wife called. She said, "You're going to find this VERY funny!" Turns out a mutual friend of ours was helping the pastor's wife look for a dining room table. Had to be oak. Had to be oval. Had to have leaves to extend to get really long and seat a lot of people. Had to look "country." So the friend finds our table and chairs that I had JUST posted, but didn't recognize our phone number. She gives the info to the pastor's wife (who has been here a lot) and says "It's even on the island!" The pastor's wife recognizes my Rebounder in the background. She still hasn't made the connection, though. So she's thinking, "I hope these people aren't smokers!" (It said right there that it has always been in a smoke-free home! LOL) So she calls the number and guess who answers? Moi!!! They are coming over tomorrow to have a closer look. She has seen it a lot of times, but never really looked at it the way one would who was going to buy it. I love God's sense of humor!!!
.. awesome.. I hope they get it... so you know it went to a good home.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Right now it doesn't look like they are going to get it. Pastor says he won't have room for awhile. You see, his office is in their dining room... actually, they don't have a dining room because it is his office! His wife thought he was moving everything into the new building this week, but he can't 'cuz there's no internet hooked up there yet. Dh needs to get it out of our house because we have nowhere to store it. It's in our foyer right now because the new set is in the dining room!

Stayed on program today: Breakfast was a ham omelet with cheese, lunch was an Atkin's bar and dinner was ham, green beans, broccoli and tossed salad. Dessert was a LC caramel pecan mini-cheesecake.

I'm freezing! I might fix a cup of hot tea. Brrrrrrrr!