Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Okay . . . that's just wrong! People are sooooooooo rude! And Raini . . . this is the type of lady I have to work under at my job, the dreaded "lady over the room."

I feel for you, sweetie . . . I seriously do. Here's a big hug for you . . . don't let these people hinder your enjoyment. They win if you do . . . just find a way to find something positive in the situation and move on. Oh I know . . . there are a million things I would like to say to people like this, but I don't want to sink to their level . . . I want to be positive and upbuilding instead of tearing them down . . . chin up, head high . . . you know you are doing what you can do and that deserves a HUGE pat on the back and an ATTA GIRL!
D.. I need to copy and paste some of this for the next time you have a bad day hehehe.. isn't it amazing how we know just what to say to others , but not apply it to ourselves.. ..

Sorry Raini.. people are rude.. people are jealous.. but we must move on and not let them get us down ...

everyone have a great day and smileeeee... it makes people wonder whats going on..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #692

.. you must still be off Island.. I hope your hubs didn't make you wait to eat again... .. you must take a shake or a bar with you on these days.. so your not dying before you get home to have something else.. .. just a suggestion!

Hope your day was successful..and you found lots of bargins
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Okay . . . that's just wrong! People are sooooooooo rude! And Raini . . . this is the type of lady I have to work under at my job, the dreaded "lady over the room."

I feel for you, sweetie . . . I seriously do. Here's a big hug for you . . . don't let these people hinder your enjoyment. They win if you do . . . just find a way to find something positive in the situation and move on. Oh I know . . . there are a million things I would like to say to people like this, but I don't want to sink to their level . . . I want to be positive and upbuilding instead of tearing them down . . . chin up, head high . . . you know you are doing what you can do and that deserves a HUGE pat on the back and an ATTA GIRL!
Hugs are ALWAYS appreciated!!! Thanks!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #694

Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Wassup Raini!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up at 6:30... I try NOT to do that! LOL

I may make the black bean cake before dd gets here. Also want to make a broccoli salad and a coleslaw, so sides will be ready for meals.

Got an offer from a mystery shopping company that I'm excited about. Might try it. Not allowed to talk about it here, though
Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Up at 6:30... I try NOT to do that! LOL

I may make the black bean cake before dd gets here. Also want to make a broccoli salad and a coleslaw, so sides will be ready for meals.

Got an offer from a mystery shopping company that I'm excited about. Might try it. Not allowed to talk about it here, though
Pm's or emails ..you have my email??? I don't have yours,,,
Old 04-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PM'd you!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #698

Quote:
PM'd you!
got it.. love the kittys
Old 04-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
got it.. love the kittys
The kitty on the left is our boy, Thai. The one on the right is our little girl, Gracie. Thai loves to go "Bye Bye in the Jeep" and rides around with us a lot. Gracie loves to go, too; but Thai will actually sit at the door and scream if he doesn't get to go! Gracie is soft as a bunny and her fur doesn't feel like kitty fur at all. She's really a lot smaller than she looks in the picture, and has a baby-looking face. This isn't the best picture of her.

We have another kitty, a big Tabby named Shasta; but it's hard to get a picture of her next to the "twins." (She's my "Massage Kitty" and gives a lovely massage with her left paw while combing her other one through my hair.)

Why am I NOT baking a cake right now???? Gotta run!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #700

Quote:
The kitty on the left is our boy, Thai. The one on the right is our little girl, Gracie. Thai loves to go "Bye Bye in the Jeep" and rides around with us a lot. Gracie loves to go, too; but Thai will actually sit at the door and scream if he doesn't get to go! Gracie is soft as a bunny and her fur doesn't feel like kitty fur at all. She's really a lot smaller than she looks in the picture, and has a baby-looking face. This isn't the best picture of her.

We have another kitty, a big Tabby named Shasta; but it's hard to get a picture of her next to the "twins." (She's my "Massage Kitty" and gives a lovely massage with her left paw while combing her other one through my hair.)

Why am I NOT baking a cake right now???? Gotta run!
Happy baking
Old 04-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okey-dokey! I made the cake and it was amazingly wonderful!!! First, my dd and her boyfriend had a hard time believing it was sugar-free. Then I told them there was no flour in it, so they said, "What's in it if there's no flour?" and I set out a can of black beans on the table. Their eyes got REAL wide, and then dd looked at her boyfriend and started laughing! (He hates beans! LOL) They still finished their cake, STILL said they loved it, and dd asked for the recipe. I think it passed the test!

They went for a boke ride, so I actually have a couple of minutes to relax. Whew! Cooking was a marathon today; and now dd says she doesn't eat fat or sugar, and I'd already planned vegetarian meals with no meat but the casseroles all have pretty high fat. I don't have low-fat or fat-free mayo, I don't have ranch dressing, and we bought them huge muffins and sugary cereal for breakfast tomorrow. (We never buy cereal for ourselves, and she used to always like sugary cereals. I thought it would be a treat for her!) She's been really sweet about all of mom's faux pas'. "That's okay. I'll be fine." I wish I'd known though...

They are back! Gotta go!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #702

Quote:
Okey-dokey! I made the cake and it was amazingly wonderful!!! First, my dd and her boyfriend had a hard time believing it was sugar-free. Then I told them there was no flour in it, so they said, "What's in it if there's no flour?" and I set out a can of black beans on the table. Their eyes got REAL wide, and then dd looked at her boyfriend and started laughing! (He hates beans! LOL) They still finished their cake, STILL said they loved it, and dd asked for the recipe. I think it passed the test!
That is hysterical! He hates beans and yet . . .

Quote:
They went for a boke ride, so I actually have a couple of minutes to relax. Whew! Cooking was a marathon today; and now dd says she doesn't eat fat or sugar, and I'd already planned vegetarian meals with no meat but the casseroles all have pretty high fat. I don't have low-fat or fat-free mayo, I don't have ranch dressing, and we bought them huge muffins and sugary cereal for breakfast tomorrow. (We never buy cereal for ourselves, and she used to always like sugary cereals. I thought it would be a treat for her!) She's been really sweet about all of mom's faux pas'. "That's okay. I'll be fine." I wish I'd known though...
But then again, you kinda expected things to go like this, didn't you? You had posted earlier that this would probably happen.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #703

maybe next time.. she can call you and let you know.. "how" she is eating...

I am no one to talk though.. one week I may be counting calories and the next carbs.... so I can't say too much..

I do hope your enjoying your company.. even if the food was partially a flop.. awesome about the cake hehehe
Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #704

Howdy Ms. Raini. Hope you're having a wonderful time!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dh and "the guests" are eating lunch now. I ate breakfast (LC fry bread and an egg) so late that I'm not hungry yet. Dh and dd are sharing the last of the spaghetti from their last night's dinner. The boyfriend is having a cheese sandwich and chips.

I'm making LC deep dish pizza for dinner tonight, and everyone can figure out their own toppings. We'll also have a big tossed salad.

DD has been helpful in preparing meals and helps with after-meal clean-up. Such a nice change from some guests that leave the table and leave me with all the work. Once we get into our "constant guest season" I'll be really worn out from the ones that don't offer to help. Most of them are getting better and better, though. That's so nice! Not just having to do less work on my part, but having someone to talk to makes it fun.

Dd and I crafted Easter eggs last night. Mine were so awful that I just started covering them all in gold leaf. Dd's are adorable... decoupaged with the only decorative napkins we could find in the house. (Wouldn't you know, while I was cleaning my office, I got rid of a lot of napkins, thinking I'd never use them!) I think today we'll be stenciling rocks for the garden. I wish she could stay a lot longer!

Since she is dieting, we don't have the junk food coming in the house that we used to have, and not a lot of snacking going on. Sure helps!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #706

Quote:
Dh and "the guests" are eating lunch now. I ate breakfast (LC fry bread and an egg) so late that I'm not hungry yet. Dh and dd are sharing the last of the spaghetti from their last night's dinner. The boyfriend is having a cheese sandwich and chips.

I'm making LC deep dish pizza for dinner tonight, and everyone can figure out their own toppings. We'll also have a big tossed salad.

DD has been helpful in preparing meals and helps with after-meal clean-up. Such a nice change from some guests that leave the table and leave me with all the work. Once we get into our "constant guest season" I'll be really worn out from the ones that don't offer to help. Most of them are getting better and better, though. That's so nice! Not just having to do less work on my part, but having someone to talk to makes it fun.

Dd and I crafted Easter eggs last night. Mine were so awful that I just started covering them all in gold leaf. Dd's are adorable... decoupaged with the only decorative napkins we could find in the house. (Wouldn't you know, while I was cleaning my office, I got rid of a lot of napkins, thinking I'd never use them!) I think today we'll be stenciling rocks for the garden. I wish she could stay a lot longer!

Since she is dieting, we don't have the junk food coming in the house that we used to have, and not a lot of snacking going on. Sure helps!
Sounds like your having lots of fun .. Thats great!!.. the rocks sound amazing.. I never thought of making my own.. ..

deep dish pizza.... yumm.. I'll have to put that on my menu next week....

keep on having fun
Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Everyone loved the pizza! I put black olives, pineapple, cheese, jalapenos and onions on the boyfriend's pizza. Dd just had cheese and pineapple on hers. Dh and I loaded ours up with everything except the pepperoni, which I JUST REALIZED I forgot!!! LOL I wonder if dd noticed and just didn't say anything? I was so busy trying to fix up the individual pieces for everyone and making a huge salad with avocado, tomato, celery, cucumber and romaine that I forgot to get out the pepperoni.

They leave tomorrow. Breakfast will be scrambled eggs and toast for them.... just the eggs for me. We've had so much fun and I don't wanna see her go home!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #708

Quote:
Everyone loved the pizza! I put black olives, pineapple, cheese, jalapenos and onions on the boyfriend's pizza. Dd just had cheese and pineapple on hers. Dh and I loaded ours up with everything except the pepperoni, which I JUST REALIZED I forgot!!! LOL I wonder if dd noticed and just didn't say anything? I was so busy trying to fix up the individual pieces for everyone and making a huge salad with avocado, tomato, celery, cucumber and romaine that I forgot to get out the pepperoni.

They leave tomorrow. Breakfast will be scrambled eggs and toast for them.... just the eggs for me. We've had so much fun and I don't wanna see her go home!!!
awwww.. well, enjoy your last day sweetie..

sounds good... except the peppers...
Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #709

hey girly.. ..

I'll have to check the names of the one I have when I get home.. I only have 3 for now.. I bought the cricut for my friend Beth and I to scrap... then she moved an hour away and we haven't done it since ... so I haven't used it since then.. till last week.... so I never bought any more.. I'll have to check out more of them though heheheh..

I make the letters.. different designs.. for like corners.. or you can make the tags.. just all kinds of things to do ..
Old 04-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So dd and I played with the Cricut a little bit... just enough for me to get reacquainted with it and maybe I'll enjoy it more. I made a big ladybug with the black dots, and put black glitter over the black parts. It's really cute! Now I'll need to make a card with it.

I gold-leafed two Easter eggs and am layering glittery paint over another one. She decorated 5 eggs and they are all adorable. We also painted rocks with names of various herbs for our gardens. I just want to stay up in my craft room forever now! Fun, fun, fun!

DD and bf did end up going to the little store and bringing home 7 Layer Magic bars, and I did manage not to have even one bite! When it looked like she was going to leave the leftover bars here, I moved the box over to her stack of stuff that was ready to go. I have to say that they smelled really good and I was tempted; but I didn't eat them. That felt good!

Dd and her boyfriend tried our camera to see what's wrong with it. He thinks that the memory card has gone bad; except it kept saying that the camera wouldn't work with our version of Windows. That makes no sense because it has always worked before, and just stopped working in the middle of loading pictures one day. I mean, we'd already loaded a couple of pictures, and we were loading the last ones he took. It just stopped right in the middle of loading!

So I had another camera that dh gave me for Christmas 5 or 6 years ago. Yeah... I never used it, not even once. I kept asking him to help me with learning how to use it (I have a terrible time with new technology) but he was always too busy. So now it doesn't work with anything that we have, and we're stuck with a camera that was never used.

Dd said she will probably be giving me her "old" camera which isn't very old at all and was very expensive. She just got a new one that she loves and doesn't need the old one. I loaded her up with stuff here that I knew she would like, including a Longaberger basket; so I don't feel too bad that she's giving me her camera!

She also shared some make-up hints with me, and I'll be saving a lot of money on products by buying more expensive products that are better and last a lot longer. Who'd a thunk it?

Lunch will be a protein shake, and then I'm going back to my craft room to play!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #711

AWW.. I am glad you had a good visit with your DD....

When we moved into the house that we have now.. I had a craft room... but didn't get to actually use it.. before I got it fixed up in when the MIL moved in and took my craft room .. now she is gone.. but DSD moved in and now she has my craft room...... but much better her have it then the MIL.... sooo .. for now.. I have to keep dragging stuff out into the kitchen..then putting ti all away again... .. But I love to scrap book..so its worth is as long as I have someone to scrap with..lol.. now if I had my room.. I'd have me a TV and a radio in there .. and that's where I'd be most of the time.. ..

I went to a flea market yesterday.... saw a big basket of stamps.. and guess who I thought of .?

YOU!!

anywho.. have fun crafting... wish I could see your lady bug.. D loves lady bugs :P
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 PM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tonight I made the card that was shown in the Cricut book that came with this particular cartridge. Turned out really cute, so I'm going to make another one before I give this one away. I think I'll give it to our pastor's wife, since she and her kids watched our kitties when we went out of town.

Speaking of kitties, not sure if I mentioned that my Thai boy has been diagnosed with feline asthma. I've been online trying to get all the info I can.

Thai didn't have any attacks from Saturday until last night (Monday.) Then he had a really bad one that lasted about 1/2 hour. So I'm trying to figure out what triggers were NOT there on the days he did so well. Maybe have to start a diary or something for him.

RE: Ladybugs, my "handle" way-back-when we did a lot of CB-ing was "Lady Bug." When dh and I got married, there was a Lady Bug on the little white satin pillow I was supposed to kneel on when we prayed. Dh had to get down and (gently) brush it aside so I could kneel! No one but dh and I and the wedding party knew about it, and we didn't ever happen to mention it to anyone. But a year later, my Godmother gave me an adorable little card that was in the shape of a flower, and it had a cute little plastic lady bug on it! Cool, huh?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

About a hundred pages to go before they make me move.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #714

Quote:
Tonight I made the card that was shown in the Cricut book that came with this particular cartridge. Turned out really cute, so I'm going to make another one before I give this one away. I think I'll give it to our pastor's wife, since she and her kids watched our kitties when we went out of town.

Speaking of kitties, not sure if I mentioned that my Thai boy has been diagnosed with feline asthma. I've been online trying to get all the info I can.

Thai didn't have any attacks from Saturday until last night (Monday.) Then he had a really bad one that lasted about 1/2 hour. So I'm trying to figure out what triggers were NOT there on the days he did so well. Maybe have to start a diary or something for him.

RE: Ladybugs, my "handle" way-back-when we did a lot of CB-ing was "Lady Bug." When dh and I got married, there was a Lady Bug on the little white satin pillow I was supposed to kneel on when we prayed. Dh had to get down and (gently) brush it aside so I could kneel! No one but dh and I and the wedding party knew about it, and we didn't ever happen to mention it to anyone. But a year later, my Godmother gave me an adorable little card that was in the shape of a flower, and it had a cute little plastic lady bug on it! Cool, huh?

sorry about your kitty
Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #715

Quote:
Oh yeah! That is definitely a PLUS!

Quote:
Everyone loved the pizza!!
How could anyone NOT love a lowcarb deep dish pizza? They are the BEST!

Quote:
So dd and I played with the Cricut a little bit... just enough for me to get reacquainted with it and maybe I'll enjoy it more. I made a big ladybug with the black dots, and put black glitter over the black parts. It's really cute! Now I'll need to make a card with it.

Quote:
Wow . . . not to be funny or anything, but how do they treat an attack? With an inhaler? I just don't have a clue.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
I love your blog!!!! I started from the beginning and I have a LOT of reading to do!!!

Did you guys finally complete your home? If so how did it turn out? Do you have pics(It's ok if that's too private)? Is it "islandy" or a traditional American? home?

Is Aimee's bf the same one from the beginning of the blog and did he annoy you this time around?
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
I love your blog!!!! I started from the beginning and I have a LOT of reading to do!!!

Did you guys finally complete your home? If so how did it turn out? Do you have pics(It's ok if that's too private)? Is it "islandy" or a traditional American? home?

Is Aimee's bf the same one from the beginning of the blog and did he annoy you this time around?
So glad you stopped by, Rebecca!!!

Not sure if you meant the original house being finished (we were our own contractors and finished 4 years ago in February) or was the tree-damaged one finished with repairs... in which case the answer is that we are still waiting for one side of the house to be re-painted (our cabin cruiser is parked there and they can't get to it yet) and a new roof put on (the weather has been too bad for a new roof.) We got our new door installed yesterday that goes from the mudroom to the garage. It had gotten warped after the tree went through the house and it took this long for the manufacturer to get us a new one. Other than that, it's all done!

I can send you a pm with some info about a place where you can see the tree damage online.

The boyfriend is the same one, and I know he tries very hard not to be annoying! But dh left some soda out for him to have, and he drinks a lot of it and then went to the garage to find where the rest was hidden. We don't mean to be stingy, but I buy one case of Shasta with Splenda, and it lasts me a long time. There is not one single brand of diet soda at the little island store that doesn't have aspartame (I get sick from that) so we have to go off-island and drive about 14 miles to buy my soda. We've decided that next time he comes, we'll just buy him a case of his own soda. It's not that expensive--- it's just that it's so hard for me to get once he drinks all mine!

He also gets really intense when we play games, and he's not a terribly good sport. It kind of gets embarrassing when he slams his fist on the table if he's losing! Other than that, I think he did pretty well.

I don't know that our house is real "island-y." We started with plans from dh's sister's house, and then re-designed them to fit our needs. If you looked at the exterior of her house, you'd never know they are similar. But the interior "footprint" is a lot like hers, and then again different. We designed it with ease-of-entertainment-and-company in mind, because we have lots of guests coming and going, especially in nice weather. (Where is that, anyway? LOL) And also for ease of organization, which means we have a bzillion drawers and everything has a place! (I always struggled with organization in our other houses.) The outside looks pretty traditional, I guess; the inside is an open format, with the kitchen, dining room and Great room all in view of each other. That way I don't get left by myself in the kitchen when I was to be enjoying our company.

Okay... heading to the pm now!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=dusk;14558447]

Wow . . . not to be funny or anything, but how do they treat an attack? With an inhaler? I just don't have a clue.

Actually, I found a You Tube video of a cat using an inhaler! Not sure Thai would like that, but it seems to me if it makes him feel better, that he is smart enough to get used to it! Gotta talk to our vet again, 'cuz Thai has had some really bad attacks recently.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gettin' back on track, here.

Breakfast was two fried eggs and jicama hash browns. Lunch was chicken soup that hubby made this morning. Dinner-- not sure yet. Kind of craving hot dogs after reading Rebecca's journal yesterday! LOL

I NEED to get exercising again! Maybe today... <sigh> Yep... maybe today...
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #720

Quote:
Gettin' back on track, here.

Breakfast was two fried eggs and jicama hash browns. Lunch was chicken soup that hubby made this morning. Dinner-- not sure yet. Kind of craving hot dogs after reading Rebecca's journal yesterday! LOL

I NEED to get exercising again! Maybe today... <sigh> Yep... maybe today...
NO maybe.... get excited/.... .. if its hot dogs you want.. havem