Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/320/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-25.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Did you know that "Fear Not" is found in the Bible 365 times?
Nope, didn't know that.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Ugh... drudgery day. Exercise and clean, clean, clean. Nope, wait! "This is the day that the Lord hast made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Yes I will.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #663

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Ugh... drudgery day. Exercise and clean, clean, clean. Nope, wait! "This is the day that the Lord hast made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Yes I will.
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got two of the three toilets cleaned and I am one happy camper! We have really hard water, so they are always hard to clean; but today I used one of those pumice stain sticks and our toilets look like new! I bought the stain stick awhile back, but was afraid to use it and maybe damage the porcelain. But they looked so bad I figured I had nothing to lose but the stains!

Made jicama hash browns for breakfast and had those with two fried eggs. Double YUM! No---- TRIPLE YUM! Now I'm heading off to exercise!

(The upstairs toilet will have to wait until this afternoon.)
Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #665

Hi Raini! Hope you had a good weekend!

How's that cough, btw?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Hi Raini! Hope you had a good weekend!

How's that cough, btw?
A friend on the island, who also just got over pneumonia, said that her doc said that now she's into the "100 Day Cough." Oh dear, I hope I don't have that! Actually, I have a bit of a husky voice these days and a stuffy nose, but I think we're just into allergy season now. They keep talking about tree pollen on the news... I do think it's just allergies now.

And no earthquake this week-end, LOL! Now there's something to be thankful for!

We met ds#3 and his wife at Red Robin yesterday. Had a great meal, and the police were there waiting tables and collecting tips for Special Olympics. We had a really nice young cop taking care of us, and his efforts were well rewarded. Dh and I had written a check out in advance (after we'd seen the story on the news) and ds gave him 4X what we did! (I was proud of my boy.) Dh and I used to help with Special Olympics, skiing at Mt. Hood.

Church was wonderful (usually is!) Our pastor recently got back from Israel, and was telling us about how he had been standing right at the spot where they'd cast lots for Jesus' clothing. It was a very emotional experience, and he was very emotional when telling us about it. We went to the coffee shop after church and listened to an hour of gospel music. One of the new owners is a Christian, and she and a guy that goes to our church put together a program. The place was packed and the fellowship was great. There were all kinds of folks there, and a lot of them that weren't Christians. Everyone seemed to appreciate the music.

I need to get some stuff done today. BBL!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #667

Quote:
A friend on the island, who also just got over pneumonia, said that her doc said that now she's into the "100 Day Cough." Oh dear, I hope I don't have that! Actually, I have a bit of a husky voice these days and a stuffy nose, but I think we're just into allergy season now. They keep talking about tree pollen on the news... I do think it's just allergies now.

And no earthquake this week-end, LOL! Now there's something to be thankful for!

We met ds#3 and his wife at Red Robin yesterday. Had a great meal, and the police were there waiting tables and collecting tips for Special Olympics. We had a really nice young cop taking care of us, and his efforts were well rewarded. Dh and I had written a check out in advance (after we'd seen the story on the news) and ds gave him 4X what we did! (I was proud of my boy.) Dh and I used to help with Special Olympics, skiing at Mt. Hood.

Church was wonderful (usually is!) Our pastor recently got back from Israel, and was telling us about how he had been standing right at the spot where they'd cast lots for Jesus' clothing. It was a very emotional experience, and he was very emotional when telling us about it. We went to the coffee shop after church and listened to an hour of gospel music. One of the new owners is a Christian, and she and a guy that goes to our church put together a program. The place was packed and the fellowship was great. There were all kinds of folks there, and a lot of them that weren't Christians. Everyone seemed to appreciate the music.

I need to get some stuff done today. BBL!
well.. good to know there was no earthquake....

That would be something to go to Israel.. ..
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #668

Yay! No quaking!

I'm glad the cough is better. My mom was telling me the pollen was horrendous in FL right now. I'm glad you're not there!

I always thought it would be awesome to follow in the literal footsteps of Jesus . . . well, until he walked on water . . . I don't think I could follow then.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yay! No quaking!

I'm glad the cough is better. My mom was telling me the pollen was horrendous in FL right now. I'm glad you're not there!

I always thought it would be awesome to follow in the literal footsteps of Jesus . . . well, until he walked on water . . . I don't think I could follow then.
Yeah... no walking on water for me!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #670

Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh... now I have the "ahem, ahem, ahem" clearing-your-throat thing going on. Dh keeps looking at me, waiting to see what I have to say. Nope--- just clearing my throat!

Ate well today:
B- omelet with mushrooms, onion and cheese
L- chicken soup, poured over pork rinds
D- pot roast, asparagus, tossed green salad

Exercised with the video, and also did one session on the Rebounder.... just one because my foot hurts so badly from plantar faciitis. Finally broke the news to dh that the only thing I haven't tried for the pain is to stay off my feet for 2-3 days. Yeah, that went over real well...

Got quite a bit done in the loft and in my office. Decided to go through a lot of my rubber stamping magazines and tear out and save a few articles rather than keeping the whole magazines. I have issues back to 2000... maybe earlier! I'm finding that I just keep 2-3 pages from each one, on an average. I can put those in sheet protectors and save an awful lot of room on my book shelves. I probably went through at least a dozen magazines and got rid of them. Also emptied almost two huge totes... there were mostly reference books and books on writing. I cleaned them, dried them and organized them on the shelves. I have just a few magazines left in the second one.

I found a neat article on decorating Easter eggs... I think you just decorate the blown-out shell, but they didn't say. They showed like 10 gorgeous Easter eggs, and each egg had a number by it. But the numbers didn't match up with the numbers on the descriptions and how-to's, so you kind of have to guess which technique is which. Might be a fun project for dd and I when she comes to the island in 11 days!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been working in my office all week, and today I pretty much finished!!! I still have my roll-top desk to clean out, and I need to clear off my work space for card making; but all the books are in their shelves, all the stamps have been cleaned, disinfected, sorted and organized, and all the other supplies have found homes. Two or three boxes of stuff went out for our garage sale. Two or three more boxes are going to a thrift store-- usually stuff I'm afraid I'll bring back in again if I see it, so I send it away.

Dh said how proud he is of me. I've done it all myself, except for having him lift my paper organizer off my table and mount it on the wall so I have more work space.

Right now our computer is refusing to load photos, but once we figure that out I can post pictures of my "new" room.

For the last four months all of our focus has been on getting the house back to normal. We still are waiting on a new roof, but other than that we are finished. We can have our lives back!!!

Next week I need to work on the inventory lists of damaged stuff and get all the receipts together for the insurance company. But we are nearing the finish line, and I can't even describe how good it feels.

Meals today: Breakfast- pork rind French toast, bacon and one egg. Lunch- Crack Slaw. Dinner will be LC Chili and hot dogs.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #673

Quote:
I've been working in my office all week, and today I pretty much finished!!! I still have my roll-top desk to clean out, and I need to clear off my work space for card making; but all the books are in their shelves, all the stamps have been cleaned, disinfected, sorted and organized, and all the other supplies have found homes. Two or three boxes of stuff went out for our garage sale. Two or three more boxes are going to a thrift store-- usually stuff I'm afraid I'll bring back in again if I see it, so I send it away.

Dh said how proud he is of me. I've done it all myself, except for having him lift my paper organizer off my table and mount it on the wall so I have more work space.

Right now our computer is refusing to load photos, but once we figure that out I can post pictures of my "new" room.

For the last four months all of our focus has been on getting the house back to normal. We still are waiting on a new roof, but other than that we are finished. We can have our lives back!!!

Next week I need to work on the inventory lists of damaged stuff and get all the receipts together for the insurance company. But we are nearing the finish line, and I can't even describe how good it feels.

Meals today: Breakfast- pork rind French toast, bacon and one egg. Lunch- Crack Slaw. Dinner will be LC Chili and hot dogs.
awesome news..... can't wait to see the pictures .. I bet its beautiful..
Old 03-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #674

Life can get back to normal now. Ahhhhh . . . no more added tension . . . kinda makes you wanna soak in a bubble bath, doesn't it?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #675

Quote:
Life can get back to normal now. Ahhhhh . . . no more added tension . . . kinda makes you wanna soak in a bubble bath, doesn't it?

with candles all around.. and she can exercise without men peepin in to watch :P
Old 03-31-2011, 08:22 PM   #676

Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the men will eventually be 'round again... we still need a new roof. Not looking forward to that at all... the guy that is supposed to do it is 1. lazy, 2. shifty, 3. lazy, 4. sloppy, 5. unreliable, 6. lazy 7. careless. Did I mention lazy? He will show up for an hour or two and then disappear. He crushed all our bushes, shrubs and flowers by trampling all over them. He's dented the portion of the roof that is already new. He let his dogs dig up our yard.

Why did we hire him, you ask? We didn't... the contractor did. We keep telling him we are not happy, and dh is gonna talk to him again before the new roof gets put on. I think the contractor should stay here and babysit his employee if that's the one he wants to use!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #678

WOW.. yes, I would ask for someone else for sure !!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #679

Quote:
Did I mention lazy?
Hmmm . . . maybe once or twice . . .
Old 04-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #680

Quote:
Hmmm . . . maybe once or twice . . .
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #681

Ohh Rainiiiiiiiiiiiiii

how goes it girly??
Old 04-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Worked in my office again for most of the day. Dh seemed irritated, because the office itself looks pretty nice; but I still have a lot of little details to finish up. He kept wanting to bring in this little round table I bought last summer, but I haven't decided if I want it in my room or not. (I'd planned to leave it in the loft by the big windows.) And he wanted to bring other things in for me, but I won't let anything come in until it has been scrubbed and disinfected. And of course, since I was busy with other stuff, I didn't want to stop to scrub everything he kept wanting to bring in!

I found Valentines that I made for dd years ago. I think we rescued them when she was moving out. She'll be here next week, and I'll give them back to her; but meanwhile, I made duplicates so I'd remember which ones I made and how I made them. Then we went out to dinner with friends, and that was fun. Played Kinect tonight, too.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #683

Quote:
Worked in my office again for most of the day. Dh seemed irritated, because the office itself looks pretty nice; but I still have a lot of little details to finish up. He kept wanting to bring in this little round table I bought last summer, but I haven't decided if I want it in my room or not. (I'd planned to leave it in the loft by the big windows.) And he wanted to bring other things in for me, but I won't let anything come in until it has been scrubbed and disinfected. And of course, since I was busy with other stuff, I didn't want to stop to scrub everything he kept wanting to bring in!

I found Valentines that I made for dd years ago. I think we rescued them when she was moving out. She'll be here next week, and I'll give them back to her; but meanwhile, I made duplicates so I'd remember which ones I made and how I made them. Then we went out to dinner with friends, and that was fun. Played Kinect tonight, too.
I would have told him , if he was in such a hurry.. clean it himself

glad you had fun with friends
Old 04-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
I would have told him , if he was in such a hurry.. clean it himself

glad you had fun with friends
He'd LOVE to clean it himself! It would all go to the garbage or thrift store!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, so much for making plans for my day! "The best laid plans... yada yada yada"

Our power was out for a good part of the day. Really, really windy and trees must have come down somewhere on the island. I had just powered up my PC and planned to get some stuff done online, but Noooo...

So I went through a bunch of old paperwork. Made the mistake of asking dh "What's in THAT box?" in the garage so he got it down and showed me. Ugh... old photos, mementos from my dad, all kinds of stuff to sort through and make decisions about when I am already over-loaded with stuff to do.

My dad's obituary was there, and I was fuming It listed his wife's kids as his kids, and you know what? They weren't! They never did a single thing for him except to steal stuff (antiques, collectibles) from his attic and storage unit (with his wife's permission, no less.) SHE sure as shootin' didn't consider my brother and I her kids- the moment he died she had nothing more to do with us. It was like getting thrown out into the street and kicked to the curb. She married him for his money, and she and her kids are spending it right now.

There were also a lot of photos of the vacations they took. You know how much those vacations meant to her? She tossed reel after reel of slides of those vacations out as soon as he was gone. Not sure how the photos made it this far.

The sun was gorgeous; and while the power was out, dh told me to grab a chair and sit on the front porch and enjoy it for a bit. I argued that it was too cold, but he insisted and he was right. Even though it was just 50 degrees out there, the sun was so warm and nice that I was able to sit out and get toasty. Of course, I had to keep looking up when the wind started blowing... keeping an eye on all those trees that looked like they were ready to come down!

Gearing up for an out-of-state trip. Gonna get our taxes done in Oregon, and DIL is being ordained at a church in Salem. We have three kitty-sitters coming to stay at the house, so there's lots to do in the way of cleaning. I may be scarce around here. We can take the laptop, but might not have any time to use it!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #686

That's just terrible....

I often joke about if the hubs and I don't make it for some reason, I'll marry for money next... if love doesn't work.. why not..

but I don't think I could really do that.... I would still be sad.. ya know.. ?

anywho.. be careful sweet lady!!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We made it home safely. The ordination ceremony was amazing, and then our pastor's wife told me that that's where our pastor was ordained, too! Considering we are on a little island a whole state-and-a-half away, I think that's a pretty neat coincidence.

I was in pretty bad sorts, though. Dh woke up at 4:15 the morning we were leaving, and that woke me up, too. He goes to sleep earlier than I do (although I'm usually in bed now either the same time or close to it) so he can get enough sleep while I don't. I could not get back to sleep, and the more I tried the angrier I got. When I am tired, I get headaches and I am always cold and hungry. God was really gracious to me and I didn't have any headaches, but I was still miserably tired all day.

We got to bed really late, and then dh woke up at 6:15 the next morning; and in a hotel room there is nowhere for him to go. I heard him making the coffee. I heard open his little Thermos... "squeak, squeak, squeak..." and I heard him pour the coffee. He turned on the TV, just low enough to be annoying. Even his belt buckle and the change jingling in his pocket kept me awake. I don't know why he does this when we travel. I think he is like a little kid on Christmas morning, and he just gets wound up and wants to get going.

We did get to shop at a low carb store. I bought two "pots" of gum (Xylitol) which have 100 pieces in each, so that will last me for a bit. I also bought Walden's caramel sauce, and I can hardly wait to have some over low carb ice cream! They also sell some low carb bars like Rice Crispy bars, and they are sooooo good! The guy there told me to pop one in the microwave for 30 seconds and they are even better. (He's so right!)

They also had some Russell Stover's candies that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. I bought the chocolate covered peanuts (kind of disappointed in them-- way more chocolate than peanuts, and the peanuts are so soft you can barely find them or taste them), some strawberry creams (haven't tried them yet) and some chocolate-covered caramels.

The last thing I bought was a peanut brittle "slab." It has maltitol, so I can just have a very small piece a day. (Portion control at it's finest!) But it is so yummy, I'm glad it has the built-in portion control.

I know-I know--- I bought lots of sweets. But they'll last a long time, and these are all things I just stock up on about twice a year. I can't find them around here anywhere. The only other place I can find them is online, and some of those things aren't even available there.

Today is craft day. I have my food almost ready to go, but I don't have any projects that are ready. Not sure if I will go or not.

I was making a table skirt for my office yesterday and I didn't get it finished. I don't want to drag my sewing machine and everything to the club house; even if I did, I would have to spread everything out too much and there wouldn't be room to sit with everyone else. So I may stay home and finish that. I dunno...

Dd is coming this week-end. I need to plan meals! She and her boyfriend always bring a lot of junk food, and I have a hard time staying on plan when they are here. I need to shop for groceries tomorrow, and have wonderful menus that will make me want to stay on track. But I'm excited they are coming. She and I will probably decorate Easter eggs (just the shells.) I've been getting shells ready for the past week. She is very artisitc... makes my work look like a 3 year olds! LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #688

Glad you made it home safe and sound >. sorry abut Dh's noise making.. I know the feeling.. trust me.. on Sundays when I get to sleep in.. he always bugs me...in and out the door and such..

good finds at your lc store ..

Have a great visit with your daughter

I'll be making this next week..

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/spinach_lasagna.html

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/coneyisland_chili.html

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/bacon_a...ss_quiche.html

just a few things

Last edited by monet0329; 04-07-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Old 04-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My dd is a very fussy eater, and changes what she likes and dislikes as well as what she "can" and "cannot" eat every time I see her. It is really hard picking menus. She was vegetarian for years, and then was engaged to an officer when she was in the army. He was a Texan and loved his barbecue. Next thing I know, dd loves barbecue, too!

Then she was vegetarian again; but last time she came here she wanted hot dogs... the real ones, after I bought the meatless ones! The one thing that never changes is that she only likes raw veggies... no cooked ones. She used to love mac and cheese, but then started having problems with dairy. I just never know...

So I read D's story today about the tacky broad at the gym that made some uncalled for comments. My tacky lady today was at the clubhouse where the ladies were all crafting. Here's how the story goes: awhile back I was having a really, really bad day. I wanted to go to the craft group, but one thing after another kept coming up at home. I finally left here a little after 2:30 pm to go (they used to always stay til 4 pm) and they were all just leaving. So this woman made fun of me in front of the whole group. I was, as I said, having a bad day. I had to force myself to go to be with other people, and then she makes fun of me and I was afraid I was going to cry.

So today I wanted to go early; and again all this stuff kept cropping up that just "had" to be done before I left. I'd prepared a big platter of meat and cheese earlier, but when it got to be after noon, I thought maybe I just wouldn't go. But dh had bought the big beef stick for me to take, and all the meat was already sliced. I figured I should go and hope someone was still hungry enough to eat it. And guess who was there to greet me when I walked in? Big-mouthed lady:"OH! I see you're right on time to eat! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!" Of course, it wasn't enough to just say it once. She had to repeat it louder so everyone would know I had just walked in with a big plate of food after everyone had already eaten.

You know, I wouldn't ever do this; but I really would have liked to say, "You know, you can go ahead and make fun of me if you like. But you should know that I have serious issues with depression, and it takes all I can pull together to just get here at all. When you make fun of me in front of everyone, it makes me wish I hadn't even made the effort."

I didn't answer her at all. There was nothing nice that could have come out of my mouth--- even if I could have thought of something "nice" I'm afraid it would have sounded sarcastic and snotty. So I kept quiet.

Reminds me of my husband's step-grandmother. I had just lost 65 pounds, and when we went to a party at the other grandma's house, she was there. When I walked in, she announced to the entire room, "Why, you've gotten to be just as big as a barn!" Don't ya just have to love people who do all they can to make you feel good?

Oh--- and the meal for today was WAFFLES! As I went into the kitchen to set down my platter of meat and cheese, one lady holds a waffle right up to my mouth! I pulled my head back and said, "I'm allergic to wheat." You know, we've talked about that before, when she brought cake and told me it had no flour in it.... and later said it had "just a little" after I'd had some. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Me thinks that ds is right. I AM getting grouchy in my old age!

Tomorrow is shopping day off-island. Gonna get my hair done, buy groceries for our company, return a depth-finding sonar to Cabela's and buy a different one, and some other stuff. Might be fun.... I dunno.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #690

Okay . . . that's just wrong! People are sooooooooo rude! And Raini . . . this is the type of lady I have to work under at my job, the dreaded "lady over the room."

I feel for you, sweetie . . . I seriously do. Here's a big hug for you . . . don't let these people hinder your enjoyment. They win if you do . . . just find a way to find something positive in the situation and move on. Oh I know . . . there are a million things I would like to say to people like this, but I don't want to sink to their level . . . I want to be positive and upbuilding instead of tearing them down . . . chin up, head high . . . you know you are doing what you can do and that deserves a HUGE pat on the back and an ATTA GIRL!