Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Ugh... time to find something for breakfast. I haven't been hungry in the a.m.s and I need to get back to "regular" eating.

Lunch will be leftover chicken wings. Dinner...? Tomorrow's dinner is Corned Beef and Cabbage! WooHoo!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Oooo . . . can I come over for dinner? Oh wait . . . you're sick . . . never mind.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #633

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Ugh... time to find something for breakfast. I haven't been hungry in the a.m.s and I need to get back to "regular" eating.

Lunch will be leftover chicken wings. Dinner...? Tomorrow's dinner is Corned Beef and Cabbage! WooHoo!

monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One last check-in before this evening. I did pretty good with my meals, except for a few potato chips and a small container of Juicy Juice. Lunch was 3 chicken wings, which would explain why I was hungry for chips and juice! Dinner will be leftover beef brisket (dh froze last weeks brisket when we couldn't have company over) and veggies.

No exercise today.... just staying out of bed for a whole day seems to be exercise enough and pretty much wears me out. I started reading a book yesterday and finished it today... a cute little murder mystery set in Las Vegas. Also went through an old cook book and took a few recipes out that I might actually use someday, and tossed the rest of it. Most of the recipes were really lame, so I hadn't planned on keeping it except for the few in there that were decent.

I'll check back in tomorrow...
Old 03-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm... missed "tomorrow" LOL. I did get to LCF, but just not here.

I made cream cheese muffins yesterday and I have a new favorite food! And we will be buying a lot of cream cheese from now on.

Yesterday was 100% on track with meal planning and eating. Still no exercise, but I may try to do a little something today.

Breakfast today was 2 cream cheese muffins and a piece of spicy Jimmy Dean sausage. It's almost time for lunch... no plans yet, but plenty of leftovers in the 'fridge. And dinner will be leftovers from last night's corned beef and cabbage. (Even dh didn't have potatoes!) I should make some lime gelatin dessert to go with it, huh? Something easy I can do and make dh smile.

Just figured out tomorrow's wedding does not include a meal. It's going to be tricky traveling there during lunch time and attending a wedding that will bring us almost to dinner, and then a reception that will surely have cake and "junky" stuff. I'm going to have to do some quick planning to figure out how to get through this one.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #636

Quote:
Hmmm... missed "tomorrow" LOL. I did get to LCF, but just not here.

I made cream cheese muffins yesterday and I have a new favorite food! And we will be buying a lot of cream cheese from now on.

Yesterday was 100% on track with meal planning and eating. Still no exercise, but I may try to do a little something today.

Breakfast today was 2 cream cheese muffins and a piece of spicy Jimmy Dean sausage. It's almost time for lunch... no plans yet, but plenty of leftovers in the 'fridge. And dinner will be leftovers from last night's corned beef and cabbage. (Even dh didn't have potatoes!) I should make some lime gelatin dessert to go with it, huh? Something easy I can do and make dh smile.

Just figured out tomorrow's wedding does not include a meal. It's going to be tricky traveling there during lunch time and attending a wedding that will bring us almost to dinner, and then a reception that will surely have cake and "junky" stuff. I'm going to have to do some quick planning to figure out how to get through this one.
OH FUN.. A WEDDING .. yOU'LL FIGURE IT ALL OUT
Old 03-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #637

I have confidence in you that you will not only figure it out, but you won't even miss all the junky stuff that is being served.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, D! So, the SIL that seems to know everything says that there will be wedding cake and cheese cakes, and some finger foods. I'm going to take along a couple of mini-cheesecakes with me. We'll have to find somewhere near there to have lunch before the wedding, though. I'm likely to dive head first into that wedding cake if I haven't had breakfast or lunch!

I got a gorgeous wedding card made, and not at the last minute while we're trying to get out the door. LOL If I'd made one more mistake, though, I'd have stopped trying to get one made and given her a store-bought one. I couldn't believe it--- almost all the way done, and I set the card down on a stamp that still had ink all over it! Sheesh! And then I made a mess of the first envelope and had to find a new one that fit the card.

I also got dh's hair cut for him, and he was very pleased with the results. I still need to do my nails, and decide on skirt or slacks for tomorrow... prefer a skirt for this, but not unless I can find a decent pair of pantyhose. The last ones I wore were too big and almost fell off at church. Ack!

Tomorrow, on the way to the wedding, we are finally picking up the new foam for our cushions for our couch, love seat and big chair. If I have never mentioned the saga of rotten furniture here before, it's only because I thought I'd go crazy before everything was resolved. Took 9 months to get the stuff, and then it started falling apart right away. We've been dealing with these clowns for 2 and 1/2 years. They sent strapping, but the repair guy said it didn't need strapping... it needed new cushions. They took almost year getting the cushions to us, and then we were told by experts in the field that the new foam was no better than the old foam. Then the repair people refused to fix it for us because it took 8 months to get paid by the furniture company last time. So the furniture company sent US the money (so we could pay the repair people ourselves), but it took 4 months to get that out of them. Then we decided to quit fighting about the poor quality foam, and buy the new stuff ourselves. so FINALLY we should have repaired furniture on Tuesday. No one should have to go through all this! I got an e-mail from someone a week or so ago, saying she was going through the same stuff with the same company. It was an "auto" message so I couldn't reply to her; but boy does she have her work cut out for her. Those morons shouldn't even be in business.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #639

[quote=Raini;14484987] I'm going to take along a couple of mini-cheesecakes with me. We'll have to find somewhere near there to have lunch before the wedding, though. I'm likely to dive head first into that wedding cake if I haven't had breakfast or lunch![/qupte]Great planning, Raini!

Quote:
I got a gorgeous wedding card made, and not at the last minute while we're trying to get out the door. LOL If I'd made one more mistake, though, I'd have stopped trying to get one made and given her a store-bought one. I couldn't believe it--- almost all the way done, and I set the card down on a stamp that still had ink all over it! Sheesh! And then I made a mess of the first envelope and had to find a new one that fit the card.
My goodness! What a saga just trying to do something nice!

Quote:
I also got dh's hair cut for him, and he was very pleased with the results. I still need to do my nails, and decide on skirt or slacks for tomorrow... prefer a skirt for this, but not unless I can find a decent pair of pantyhose. The last ones I wore were too big and almost fell off at church. Ack!
Now that conjured up an interesting mental image for me.

Quote:
We've been dealing with these clowns for 2 and 1/2 years.
Man . . . if you didn't need prozac before dealing with them, it sounds like you'd need it afterward! Good grief!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #640

Raini, how are the lungs doing?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Raini, how are the lungs doing?
Lungs are better! Everything has moved up into my throat and head, so I sound worse than I am.

Had an all-day shopping session today, and loaded up on lots of ingredients for cooking low-carb. Now I hope I have the energy to take the kitchen back! I made peanut butter cookies this evening, and yesterday I made more mini-cheesecakes- this time with lemon, but I liked the other ones better.

I plan to try cauliflower nacho chips, and maybe a new kind of chicken. And we bought Costco chicken, which means a chicken dinner tomorrow night, and dh will make more of his yummy chicken soup on Wednesday. We have company coming from Portland that day, and I suggested the soup. (Sneaky me!) LOL

I stayed "almost" on low-carb all day. We ate at a breakfast buffet this a.m., and I told dh I don't like doing that because he eats enough to stay full ALL day; and I eat enough to call it one meal and then I'm hungry by lunch time. Of course, we didn't eat lunch, so by late afternoon I would have eaten people if they got in my way! We stopped by a bakery and I had a free sample of gluten-free bread. Other than that, everything was low-carb today.

Dh is noticing how much less I've been eating lately. He took me out to breakfast after church yesterday, and I put more than half my food on his plate before I even took a bite. He said he admired that, 'cuz he knew I was hungry enough to eat it all by myself. I thought it was sweet that he noticed AND that he said something about it!

TTYL!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #642

Awwww . . . your DH sounds like a nice guy. I know he can be a pain sometimes (remembering the party he wanted when you were sick), but all in all, I think you should keep him.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Awwww . . . your DH sounds like a nice guy. I know he can be a pain sometimes (remembering the party he wanted when you were sick), but all in all, I think you should keep him.
I am thinking I just might!!! LOL
Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #644

GLAD YOUR FEELING BETTER ..

yeah.. I think at one time or another all hubbies are questionable.... but you have to weigh all the pros and cons.. and hope the pro outweigh the cons..

have a great day sweet pea!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Busy morning. I woke up at 5 am again, and when I came back from the bathroom, "Alpha-Cat" was on my side of the bed, rolling around and thanking me for leaving it so warm for him! I had a hard time scrunching back in there... he didn't leave much room (and we're talking a king-sized bed!) When I woke again, I barely had time to get dressed before the furniture repair guy got here.

Dh wanted me to re-load new maps into our GPS. What a pain! Nothing was working, so I had to call for tech support. Nothing worked for them either, so I had to let them take remote control of my computer and work on it from their end. Turned out our GPS is old enough that there wasn't room for all the new maps; so we had to eliminate Alaska and Canada. We can load them on a separate SB card if we need to use them.

Then I scrubbed the kitchen down, head to toe. (Not that our kitchen has a head... that's in the RV and the boat! LOL) But you know... all the nooks and crannies that you don't always get to. In the middle of that, we vacuumed a few times as the guys are putting in the new cushions on the couches. They found a dime, and dh found an old comb (which we hope is his and not from whoever built the couch!) We also found ds#3 toenail clippings! Yuck! And yes, we know they were his because he clipped his nails on the small couch when he was here after Christmas; and neither dh or I do that in the Great Room. And neither will ds or anyone else, if we have any say about it. that was just gross!

Then dh had other follow-up phone calls for me to make re: replacing a door that was damaged when the tree hit our house. And now here I sit, finally able to take a break form dh's "Honey Do" lists (which I thought I was supposed to give to him, not vice versa!)

Somewhere while on hold with the GPS people this morning, I ate 2 LC peanut butter cookies. After I was done with the GPS stuff, I ate four chicken wings. No exercise possible while the guys are here, so I kind of don't have anything to do for awhile.

We have company coming up from Portland for a few hours tomorrow morning, and it's also library day. Looking forward to both... have some neat books coming.

Need to plan a nice dinner for tonight. The past few weeks we've just eaten quick stuff and no real sit-down meals. Tonight will be rotisserie chicken (from Costco) and some kind of veggie.... asparagus or broccoli, probably. Or maybe I'll make cauli-mashed "taters."
Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #646

toe nail clippings huh.. .. for some reason,. I find that funny..

you have a good visit with your friends.... always nice to have company over

remember , we need to see after pics of your house when Its all done..

Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Friends aren't coming today after all and I'm really disappointed.

They were coming to buy some property here on the island, and we were so excited! But last night the owner of the property called and said he sold it to someone else. Grrr!!!

Dh was the one that approached him to ask him if he would consider selling it. The guy and his wife talked it over and decided they would, then gave us a price. So dh busted his bums calling friends and arranging to show it for the guy... even helped him clean stuff up and get it ready to show. I'm sure our friend would have bought it today, and the owner knew we were showing it. So, when someone else expressed interest, why didn't he give our friend the first right of refusal?

I keep telling dh (and myself) that it just wasn't meant to be... but that's small consolation, because we were looking forward to our friend owning a place here and then coming up a lot more often. (He just comes once a year to stay with us now. With his own place, he would come up a lot more.)

This kind of opportunity may never come up again. Yes, there are always lots for sale, but almost never one with a trailer on it, because those aren't allowed any more. There are just a few on the island, and they have to be "grandfathered in." This would have been perfect for our friend-- he'd have a vacation place available until he was ready to clear the property and build a house on it later on. Oh well...

Yeah... toenail clippings! Ds#3 was such a funny little guy when he was young. He got all squeamish when it was time to clip his nails, and would either laugh or cry (or both) while I worked on his nails.... finger nails AND toe nails. I think it still kind of freaks him out to do it, so he waits until they are way too long. LOL But I told him when he called yesterday (he and his dw are on a cruise) that he can't trim his nails in our Great Room anymore! Also told his wife about the toenails (and all the candy wrappers) and she was so embarrassed... but she also laughed about it. I know they won't be stuffing candy wrappers in the furniture again. They got caught!!!
I way overslept today--- all I can say is I must have needed the sleep! It's past lunch time and I haven't had breakfast yet. I want to be careful to get off on the right foot today and not mess up at all. But my tummy is getting growly.

I also promise to exercise today. PROMISE!!! So, if you don't hear from me tonight, I didn't do it and am in hiding!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #648

Quote:
Friends aren't coming today after all and I'm really disappointed.

They were coming to buy some property here on the island, and we were so excited! But last night the owner of the property called and said he sold it to someone else. Grrr!!!

Dh was the one that approached him to ask him if he would consider selling it. The guy and his wife talked it over and decided they would, then gave us a price. So dh busted his bums calling friends and arranging to show it for the guy... even helped him clean stuff up and get it ready to show. I'm sure our friend would have bought it today, and the owner knew we were showing it. So, when someone else expressed interest, why didn't he give our friend the first right of refusal?

I keep telling dh (and myself) that it just wasn't meant to be... but that's small consolation, because we were looking forward to our friend owning a place here and then coming up a lot more often. (He just comes once a year to stay with us now. With his own place, he would come up a lot more.)

This kind of opportunity may never come up again. Yes, there are always lots for sale, but almost never one with a trailer on it, because those aren't allowed any more. There are just a few on the island, and they have to be "grandfathered in." This would have been perfect for our friend-- he'd have a vacation place available until he was ready to clear the property and build a house on it later on. Oh well...

Yeah... toenail clippings! Ds#3 was such a funny little guy when he was young. He got all squeamish when it was time to clip his nails, and would either laugh or cry (or both) while I worked on his nails.... finger nails AND toe nails. I think it still kind of freaks him out to do it, so he waits until they are way too long. LOL But I told him when he called yesterday (he and his dw are on a cruise) that he can't trim his nails in our Great Room anymore! Also told his wife about the toenails (and all the candy wrappers) and she was so embarrassed... but she also laughed about it. I know they won't be stuffing candy wrappers in the furniture again. They got caught!!!
I way overslept today--- all I can say is I must have needed the sleep! It's past lunch time and I haven't had breakfast yet. I want to be careful to get off on the right foot today and not mess up at all. But my tummy is getting growly.

I also promise to exercise today. PROMISE!!! So, if you don't hear from me tonight, I didn't do it and am in hiding!

nO SINCE IN HIDING GIRL... get in here and face the music.... we wont hurt you ya know... much..
Old 03-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
[/B]

nO SINCE IN HIDING GIRL... get in here and face the music.... we wont hurt you ya know... much..
I posted on another thread that if I don't exercise, I expect to be hunted down and flogged! I'm only half-joking! I need to be accountable...
Old 03-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #650

Quote:
I posted on another thread that if I don't exercise, I expect to be hunted down and flogged! I'm only half-joking! I need to be accountable...
ok then.. 100 lashes with a wet noodle..
Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
ok then.. 100 lashes with a wet noodle..
No flogging for me today! I did an extra-long session on my Rebounder, and then did my video work-out. Now, that feels so darned good... why do I skip it so often??? (Oh yeah... all those men working right outside our windows. I forgot. Duh...)
Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #652

Quote:
No flogging for me today! I did an extra-long session on my Rebounder, and then did my video work-out. Now, that feels so darned good... why do I skip it so often??? (Oh yeah... all those men working right outside our windows. I forgot. Duh...)
I hear ya..lol.. I wouldn't either ... unless I had very heavy curtains so they couldn't see in..
Old 03-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hear ya..lol.. I wouldn't either ... unless I had very heavy curtains so they couldn't see in..
I cannot tell you how many times I walked into the master bathroom to use the potty, and saw shadows of the guys right outside my window! The window faces a private courtyard, so we never needed curtains there before; but dh put up a roller shade after I was afraid to come out of the shower once! We still need a window treatment to make it look nicer, but at least they can't see in now!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #654

toenail clippings . . . shadowy figures of men . . . afraid to come out of showers . . . sounds like you've got a good screenplay for a soap opera!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #655

Quote:
toenail clippings . . . shadowy figures of men . . . afraid to come out of showers . . . sounds like you've got a good screenplay for a soap opera!
Oh my goodness... too funny.. I am rolling over here..
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah... lets see if YOU think it's funny when men are looking in YOUR windows! Hmmmph!!!

Well, tonight at choir practice one lady was telling us that some scientist actually predicted the earthquake in Japan, but no one listened. Now that same scientist has predicted "the big one" for this Saturday here on our coast.

At first, I was feeling pretty confidant that we'd be just fine, here on the island, in a quake. We have a view of the Sound, but we're like 3 houses-distance from the cliff, so I doubt even a big shake would send us over the edge. But then I realized that we're going to be off-island on Saturday; and our three kitties will be home alone. Dh said that if we had tsunami conditions, that the ferry wouldn't be running and we couldn't get back to the island. (It would be much worse if we were ON the ferry when tsunami conditions struck!) We also have a water tower on the hill a few blocks above our home; and one contractor said that if the tower ever fell, it would totally destroy our home.

I've heard these kind of predictions before, so I don't know why I'm concerned now. I guess its just the "unknown" that scares me. Wish we didn't have plans on the mainland Saturday... but we're meeting ds#3 and his wife, who will be coming home from their cruise.

Today one of our local newsletters sent out warnings of possible earthquakes, and had a list of instructions in case one hits. We've had our earthquake supplies ready before, but they always expire and end up getting thrown out. We even had a big barrel with water and blankets and food once, but the water froze, broke the plastic bottles and ruined everything in there. Dh is getting tired of having kits that just go to waste. Can't say as I blame him.

Oh well... God is in control. But you know what they say-- "It rains on both the just and the unjust." We've already had our rain.... er, tree... and I'd like to have "smooth sailing" for awhile!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hah! Just looked up "earthquake predictions" and found where the world was supposed to end on March 21! Isn't it in the Bible where "no one will know the time or day...?"

"Trust in God." My Bible says that; and my money even still says "In God we Trust" even though there are people trying to change that. We do know that the end times will be bad. I happen to be a "pre-Trib" believer myself... probably because it would be nicer that way!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #658

Yep, Raini . . . no one knows the day or the hour. The interesting thing is, however, Jesus gave us signs to look out for and those signs are being fulfilled all around us and it is going to get even worse. Jesus talked about earthquakes, food shortages, wars and the like. The apostle Paul talked about the human condition at 2Timothy 3:1-5 which talks about the last days. It's interesting to see how that Scripture starts out. Many different Bible translations start out by saying:

. . . in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here
. . . perilous times will come . . .
. . . there will be terrible times . . .
. . . perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. . .
. . . grievous times will come . . .

Then the Scripture goes on to list a whole lot about the attitudes of mankind . . . every day those attitudes get worse and worse, but praise God! Salvation from all these things will come when the Kingdom of our Lord, Jesus Christ is firmly estabilished here on earth. Then we can look forward to the fulfillment of Psalm 37:9 and Revelation 21:3-5.

Woooo Hoooo!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #659

Quote:
Yep, Raini . . . no one knows the day or the hour. The interesting thing is, however, Jesus gave us signs to look out for and those signs are being fulfilled all around us and it is going to get even worse. Jesus talked about earthquakes, food shortages, wars and the like. The apostle Paul talked about the human condition at 2Timothy 3:1-5 which talks about the last days. It's interesting to see how that Scripture starts out. Many different Bible translations start out by saying:

. . . perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. . .

Then the Scripture goes on to list a whole lot about the attitudes of mankind . . . every day those attitudes get worse and worse, but praise God! Salvation from all these things will come when the Kingdom of our Lord, Jesus Christ is firmly estabilished here on earth. Then we can look forward to the fulfillment of Psalm 37:9 and Revelation 21:3-5.

Woooo Hoooo!
Amen sister !!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Woooo Hoooo!
Like I said, put me down as "Pre-Trib!" Yes, the signs are certainly there, and every day we read something or see something on the news that seems unbelievable. But it is going to get so much worse! And just thinking about anything worse than what Japan is going through now is terribly frightening for anyone who might have to go through it.

Did you know that "Fear Not" is found in the Bible 365 times?

I KNOW my Redeemer lives!!!