Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I certainly hope no one is reading this that knows my dh personally... 'cuz he's gonna get raked over the coals right now and it ain't gonna be pretty! And, when I am healthy again, and he is treating me better, I'm sure I'll take it all back. But right now I'm

No party yesterday, and he seemed okay with that. Three of the guests were thinking of canceling anyway, since they were sick. The other couple didn't pick up their message, and would have ended up showing up if I hadn't called them again. Then SHE said she was worried that she might catch what I have because she gave my dh a hug the day before. Sheesh!

The brisket turned out beautifully. Dh brought me one bite into our bedroom. Today he brought home a plate of lettuce from the memorial potluck. No dressing. No fork. Didn't offer to help me get any and I didn't ask. I remember the days, early in our marriage, when he used to say, "If you're healthy enough to eat, then you're healthy enough to come to the dining room to eat." I think he knows better than to say that now, but he still acts like that is the case.

Last night my temperature was 102.5 and then sky-rocketed to over 104.5. I was trying not to freak out... it was late, and the only way off-island was by Fire Department boat or Life Flight. Dh did bring me some ice, and I used it on my forehead, my neck, my throat and my jaw mostly. Other places, as well, but mostly around my head.
mighty NICE of him to bring you a plate of lettuce.. so thoughtful..

but I do hope you get to feeling better soon..

poor poor DH didn't get to have HIS party... who cares how HIS wife feels..

ok.. I'll hush,,

love ya lady!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Looks like Somebody up there likes him! My keyboard quit working right in the middle of my rant. That has never happened before!

So... I took the hint and stopped... not in time to shut down, power back up and edit my last post; but before I grilled him to charcoal, anyway.

Anyway, I told him in person that I fell like he's letting me down, and it scares me to think if I was ever really, REALLY sick (like the "C" word) he wouldn't be there for me. He got real quiet. Then I said I was sorry to say what I did, but that I was feeling it anyway; and better to come right out and say it instead of letting him guess. In his defense, he said he was trying to leave me alone so I could rest. I said I wasn't buying it; and just taking a shower this afternoon was scary, 'cuz I'm so weak and I worried that if I fell, he wouldn't find me for hours.

I think it's gonna get better around here. I can't find the thermometer (hid it from Alpha cat) so I don't know my temp right now. I think it is close to normal.

I was up for about an hour this morning... sat at my desk in my office and sorted cross-stitching floss... and I've been up about an hour this afternoon... shower and lettuce (I added beef!) I'm exhausted. Going back to bed.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #603

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
okay . . . I don't have time right now to read this, but it suuuuuuure looks interesting from what I skimmed . . .

hope you're feeling better, raini.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Looks like Somebody up there likes him! My keyboard quit working right in the middle of my rant. That has never happened before!

So... I took the hint and stopped... not in time to shut down, power back up and edit my last post; but before I grilled him to charcoal, anyway.

Anyway, I told him in person that I fell like he's letting me down, and it scares me to think if I was ever really, REALLY sick (like the "C" word) he wouldn't be there for me. He got real quiet. Then I said I was sorry to say what I did, but that I was feeling it anyway; and better to come right out and say it instead of letting him guess. In his defense, he said he was trying to leave me alone so I could rest. I said I wasn't buying it; and just taking a shower this afternoon was scary, 'cuz I'm so weak and I worried that if I fell, he wouldn't find me for hours.

I think it's gonna get better around here. I can't find the thermometer (hid it from Alpha cat) so I don't know my temp right now. I think it is close to normal.

I was up for about an hour this morning... sat at my desk in my office and sorted cross-stitching floss... and I've been up about an hour this afternoon... shower and lettuce (I added beef!) I'm exhausted. Going back to bed.
How weird was that post? It apparently left out something vital between "shower" and "lettuce" 'cuz I know there was no lettuce in the shower!

Dh has been more attentive. Not a lot, but some. I guess that gushing all over me now would be an admission he hadn't taken care of me before. He does plan to take me to the doc today if the nurse ever calls back. (What she's done before is wait until it's too late for me to catch a ferry over there before she calls back. I've told the doc this, and it upsets him because he used to live on our island, too... so he knows how frustrating that can be. But she must not be too bright, 'cuz that's her M.O. almost every time. I told the office, like I always tell them... but still no word.

Wow... I think this is all the "up" I can handle. Back to bed...
Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #605

Raini . . . I'm so sorry your so sick . . . I'm tuckered out . . . I'll have to catch up on what's going on later.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lonnnggg day in town, and considering that I haven't been out of bed for more than an hour at a time since last Friday, it was an exhausting day for me.

I took my pillow, and dozed in the Jeep while dh ran all of his errands. Finally saw the doc late this afternoon... he did a rapid STREP test and then a full-blown one. Also put me on heavy-duty antibiotics, so I can now be added to the "scoots" category as well as all the others. My cough is still pretty big and deep, but doesn't seem to be ripping out my "innards" any longer. Maybe they were already ripped out, I dunno. Doc promised my fever would be back tonight. He's right... But maybe in 24 hours I won't have to consider myself contagious anymore. I'm headed to bed as soon as I wrap up a few loose ends.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #607

Quote:
Lonnnggg day in town, and considering that I haven't been out of bed for more than an hour at a time since last Friday, it was an exhausting day for me.

I took my pillow, and dozed in the Jeep while dh ran all of his errands. Finally saw the doc late this afternoon... he did a rapid STREP test and then a full-blown one. Also put me on heavy-duty antibiotics, so I can now be added to the "scoots" category as well as all the others. My cough is still pretty big and deep, but doesn't seem to be ripping out my "innards" any longer. Maybe they were already ripped out, I dunno. Doc promised my fever would be back tonight. He's right... But maybe in 24 hours I won't have to consider myself contagious anymore. I'm headed to bed as soon as I wrap up a few loose ends.
GOOD... meds will cure you fast
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #608

Good morning!!!.. hope today you are feeling much better
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I keep thinking that when I wake up drenched with sweat that it is a good thing, because my fever has broke. Ha! It has done that every day since Monday, and doesn't seem to mean a thing. Except I need another shower....

Compared to the first 4 days of being sick, I do feel a lot better. The headache that was always there is just there once in awhile. My fever hasn't been high enough to give me the shakes, and I hated having the shakes! So I'm down to just no energy, still coughing up my lungs (I think I've lost at least a dozen lungs by now) and a fever that comes and goes. Dh couldn't understand why I couldn't go to the craft group just for a little while. Men. They just don't get it! I don't have enough energy to sit in my bed and read a book. Where would I get energy to get dressed, gather supplies to do a craft, drive to the clubhouse, and then sit among a dozen women who would NOT be happy to see me there with all my nasty germs!

I did get a piece of fabric out to see what all it will take to make it into two window toppers. I looked at it for about a minute, and then set it down on a chair in the dining room. I have no idea how it will find its way back to the fabric box. I don't think it will get sewn any time soon.

Dh just came in. He made a huge kettle of soup to take to the ladies at craft day. So he says, "I'm going to take the soup down now. Or in about 10 minutes." I mumbled something akin to "okay." He said, "They eat at 11:30." I'm thinking, "If they eat at 11:30, why would you wait until 11:30 to leave the house with the soup?" But I didn't say anything. So he says, "You said they eat at 11:30." I reply, "No I didn't."

(See where this is going?) He says, "You said they eat at 11:30. I wanted to know what time to take it down there." I say, "I never said they eat at 11:30. You said they did. You asked what time you should take it down there."

These are conversation circles. They make me dizzy. It's what you get when you cross an English major with someone who has dyslexia. You'd think that years of experience would teach me that "who wins" the conversation is a moot point. No one wins anyway. The conversation just keeps spinning in circles.

Alpha cat is screaming every time dh leaves the house without taking Cat with him. I asked dh to take the cat, and he will as soon as the Jeep is loaded. Meanwhile, Alpha cat is thundering through the house, running from room to room, sliding on rugs until they bunch up like ribbon candy in every hallway. Now Beta cat thinks she needs to go, to. That leaves me home alone with Massage kitty. Gotta go... time for my massage!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #610

Oh Raini . . . you've been having an awful time of it, haven't you. I wish there was something I could do for you.

May I ask . . . were you the English major? (Please say no . . . please say no . . . please say no ) But were you? Huh?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

uhhhhh..... No?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Worried this a.m. about my friend's son in Obuse, Japan. When they show pictures on the news, it looks like the entire country has been wiped out. How is Obuse?????
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #613

dunno.. but I have said a prayer for all those affected.. and posted it on my facebook.. so everyone else would as well
Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #614

Quote:
uhhhhh..... No?
I panicked, sorry. I hated English when I was in school because I couldn't make pictures of what we were talking about. Now that I'm older, it irritates me to no END that I don't know how to punctuate properly . . . and . . . oh, what is it called when you take a sentence apart? Formulate? AND I used to obsess about how to spell words. I have a dictionary in every room and I'm not kidding. I have one at work . . . one in my car . . . it's a sickness I tell you! When I saw the words "English major" I seriously wanted to dissect my sentences and break out my punctuation booklet!

Quote:
Worried this a.m. about my friend's son in Obuse, Japan. When they show pictures on the news, it looks like the entire country has been wiped out. How is Obuse?????
I hope your friends son is okay . . .
Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #615

your silly girl.. D that is :P

I miss spell.. miss punctuate.. and everything else.. and I could care less..lol.. I do use spell check on here if I think about it.... but no use in obsessing about it.. takes up to much precious time..

see.. I misspelled punctuate.. but spell check helps me
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #616

Most obsessions are silly, don't cha know.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Most obsessions are silly, don't cha know.
yep.. I need an obsession.. to eat healthy and get healthy..
Old 03-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Bryan is fine! Got news to his mom early on so she didn't have to worry! Good boy!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #619

OH!! I'm sooooo glad to hear that, Raini! Whew!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #620

Quote:
Bryan is fine! Got news to his mom early on so she didn't have to worry! Good boy!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #621

I wonder where Raini has been this weekend?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #622

Quote:
I wonder where Raini has been this weekend?
I dunno.. I hope she is feeling better..
Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

still sick.... no more fever (I don't think so, anyway.) Still coughing horribly. No energy whatsoever...
Old 03-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #624

Quote:
still sick.... no more fever (I don't think so, anyway.) Still coughing horribly. No energy whatsoever...
ask, and you shall recieve.. .. hey sweetie.. sorry your still sicky .. get better soon sweetie.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #625

you poor thing! Maybe you need to go back to the doctor? It's been quite a while since you felt good.

I hope you can sleep, Ms. Raini. I'm on my way to bed now as well. take care of yourself and big cyber hugs to you .
Old 03-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
you poor thing! Maybe you need to go back to the doctor? It's been quite a while since you felt good.

I hope you can sleep, Ms. Raini. I'm on my way to bed now as well. take care of yourself and big cyber hugs to you .
Sleep well!

I'm sleeping okay except for the coughing. Just tired of being sick. I'll call my doc this week if I don't start improving.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #627

Oh Raini . . . I hope you are gaining strength and getting better. I sure wish there was something I could do for you . . .
Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh Raini . . . I hope you are gaining strength and getting better. I sure wish there was something I could do for you . . .
Thanks... Prayers and hugs appreciated. I think it just has to run its course. Each day is just a tiny bit better.

SIL called to see if we needed anything picked up in town today. That was sweet! And a first! They seem to have their own set of friends, but they've been reaching out a little more lately. I appreciate it, and think dh does, too.

Dh cleaned out and organized the laundry room today. I seem to be able to do so little around here these days that it gets discouraging to watch stuff pile up. So his efforts are truly appreciated.

I'm headed upstairs for a little bit today, I think. Even if I can get through a few books, I'll feel like I've contributed. Yesterday I sorted through one of the book shelves near the fireplace in the Great Room. I pared it down to inspirational stuff and island stuff that guests like to read. It wasn't bad... just needed a few things out of there.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #629

Glad you got a little bit done... and I hope you get better soon!.. we miss ya.. get lots of rest
Old 03-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #630

Sleep well, Ms. Raini.