Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Today is Day 2 of my own personal 100 Day Challenge (because everyone else started like 50 days ago! LOL

Got on the scales this a.m. and got rid of the pound I gained last week. Whew! Sadly, I realize I could have been down even further had I not had the super-munchy day; but that's over and I am back on track. That makes me down 33.5 pounds since my last re-start.

I'm driving to Portland with friends on Thursday, and DH keeps telling me (while I'm on the phone) to tell them about the great Chinese restaurant right next to where we're going. I finally asked him to quit doing that, because I'd like to find something healthier for me. I think I'll pack some LC snacks... if I can stave off hunger, I'm less likely to cave in and eat what everyone else is eating. We're all taking a class together, and the teacher used to always have bowls of candy on hand for the students. I don't want to go in there hungry!

Today's menus-
S- 1/2 Flax cracker w/ pb
M1- pb/chocolate shake
M2- beefy mushroom soup
M3- leftover ribs, maybe green salad, veggies
S- decaf tea

Exercise- haven't decided yet. If it's nice enough to walk, I might... but it is supposed to rain. If not a walk, at least 20 minutes exercise with video. Maybe some time on recumbant cycle.
Have fun with your friends..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I'm thinking of packing a chicken salad for lunch on Thursday... if there is chicken leftover still. Or a tuna salad? I love 'em both. I think I'll call all the gals that are going and see if they'd like to pack their lunches. If they don't want to, there are two restaurants right where we'll be.

If I sleep well Wednesday night, I can get up early and exercise for 20 minutes before I leave. Better than nothing!

I walked 50 minutes... lots of steep hills, and it ended up being 1.5 miles. Those hills sure make it seem longer! I used to walk around the golf course in Portland, 2 miles, in 45 minutes. I do have to stop once in awhile to catch my breath, but at least I'm not having asthma attacks.

Heading out to the farm to pick asparagus now.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I'm thinking of packing a chicken salad for lunch on Thursday... if there is chicken leftover still. Or a tuna salad? I love 'em both. I think I'll call all the gals that are going and see if they'd like to pack their lunches. If they don't want to, there are two restaurants right where we'll be.

If I sleep well Wednesday night, I can get up early and exercise for 20 minutes before I leave. Better than nothing!

I walked 50 minutes... lots of steep hills, and it ended up being 1.5 miles. Those hills sure make it seem longer! I used to walk around the golf course in Portland, 2 miles, in 45 minutes. I do have to stop once in awhile to catch my breath, but at least I'm not having asthma attacks.

Heading out to the farm to pick asparagus now.
PLanning ahead is ALWAYS a great idea..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
jUST A QUICK
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Had a fantastic day with Bonnie and Sharon. We went to Portland and took a class to learn how to make a special type of book/photo album. I had fallen in love with the book on my last trip to Portland, and had no idea how to make one. So we all piled into the car and headed back down there for a road trip.

The weather was great. I picked up cat food (better prices there!), we grabbed a quick lunch to eat at the shop, drove by my old neighborhood to see the house, then went to the shop. I ate some buffalo wings from the Italian deli along with leftover salad from Wednesday's dinner. It felt great to be more excited about the project than the food!

Sharon and Bonnie fell in love with the books, too. We spent a good part of the day there learning how to make them, and then headed home. Three ladies in a car chatting makes the time go fast! We dropped off Sharon at her place, and then Bonnie and I made it back for the last ferry of the day. Even though we were about 10th in line, we ended up right on the front of the ferry. The weather was gorgeous, the salty air refreshing, and the stars were just coming out. IF DH had been there with me, it would have been absolutely romantic!

It's been a long time since I had such a fun, carefree day. I keep thanking God, over and over, for the wonderful day. I'm just giddy at how much fun we had. Bonnie said she talked to Sharon and they both felt the same way.

I stayed up until about 1:30 this a.m. making another book. I don't have all the same equipment, so it's taking a little longer.

I was supposed to play Scrabble with my best friend today, but she and her DH ended up going home a day early. I was really disappointed... could have exercised earlier, but rearranged my schedule to have time with her. Anyway, had a nice walk with my DH, and am noticing that it is a little easier each time. 50 minutes, mostly big hills.

I've been changing our route a little each time to make it longer and a little more challenging. Today DH asked if I wanted to add another big loop to kick it up a notch. It reminded me of years ago when I'd fix a nice dinner-- he always said it was really good, but needed just a little more ________ (fill in the blank.) No matter what I made he would say it needed something else. Took years to train him (LOL) to give a compliment without adding a "but..." So when he wanted to suddenly add a mile more to our walk, it made me feel like what I've been doing hasn't been good enough. After I pointed out that to him, he asked me if I had done any other exercise today! @%$&^*&$!!! He did it again!!! Why does he need to keep insinuating that I'm slacking off? I'm choosing routes with big hills, walking faster each day, sometimes exercising with a video as well, and he has to make a comment to make me feel bad. And I honestly don't think he realizes that he is doing that. Is it because he grew up with abuse and negativity? Or because he's threatened that I'm doing so well right now? I dunno... I guess I should just appreciate that he will walk with me.

The next few days will be busy ones... packing for our next trip. I have a lot of cooking to do to prepare easy-to-reheat LC meals for me. I've already made lots of chili meals and a big batch of LC cookies. Still need to make Coney Island Chili Dog Pie and LC Pizza, and quiche. Also want to line up some craft projects (maybe the new books?) but don't want to take up a lot of room.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hello Rainie..

I am so glad to hear that you and your friends had a wonderful time.. .. that's awesome....

are the books your talking about scrap books? I love scrap booking.. my friend and I used to get together all the time and make them.. I have one for each of my kiddos.... its fun to see how you can make each page different and special....

well I'll be off to bed soon.. you have a great day tomorrow..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
The books can be used for scrap books, or maybe journals if you'd like. They are a little complicated to make the first few times, but they are gorgeous! And addictive... LOL

I'm hoping to make a lot of them between now and Christmas, and maybe FINALLY get some scrapbooking done for each of my kids.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
The books can be used for scrap books, or maybe journals if you'd like. They are a little complicated to make the first few times, but they are gorgeous! And addictive... LOL

I'm hoping to make a lot of them between now and Christmas, and maybe FINALLY get some scrapbooking done for each of my kids.
Hmm.. is there any way you can post a picture when your done with one??? You have me intrigued,,lol.. Is there a name for them? maybe I could look them up on here.. ??
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Hmm.. is there any way you can post a picture when your done with one??? You have me intrigued,,lol.. Is there a name for them? maybe I could look them up on here.. ??
I've never figured out how to post a picture here. I'm pretty sure that this particualr computer won't let me. Maybe on the one upstairs in my office...

The lady who teaches how to make them (her friend "invented it") used to call it something like a Flip-Flop Book, but now calls it her Free Book, because she teaches people how to make it for free as long as they buy the supplies from her. (Fair enough, because I would have been glad to pay $30 for the class and the materials cost me about $9.00) You flip open one page, and then another and another, and some of the pages have little doors on them. It's like discovering a treasure each time you flip a page. She said they never copyrighted it, and many have copied it as their own, so it might be on the internet somewhere. If you don't find it, I can take pictures and try to e-mail them to you.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I've never figured out how to post a picture here. I'm pretty sure that this particualr computer won't let me. Maybe on the one upstairs in my office...

The lady who teaches how to make them (her friend "invented it") used to call it something like a Flip-Flop Book, but now calls it her Free Book, because she teaches people how to make it for free as long as they buy the supplies from her. (Fair enough, because I would have been glad to pay $30 for the class and the materials cost me about $9.00) You flip open one page, and then another and another, and some of the pages have little doors on them. It's like discovering a treasure each time you flip a page. She said they never copyrighted it, and many have copied it as their own, so it might be on the internet somewhere. If you don't find it, I can take pictures and try to e-mail them to you.
Hmm interesting .. thanks.. I'll try to find it on here and let you know.
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Monet'- I took pictures of my book and have them on my cell phone. If you want to PM your e-mail addy to me, I can send them to you. I took a picture of the front with it all closed up, one partially opened, and one more of each end because it is pretty long when opened up and I couldn't get it all in one photo. Let me know if that works for you.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Got up this a.m. and weighed... down another pound but really thought I'd lost more. Maybe building muscle from all of my walking up steep hills. I'm not complaining... just a little disappointed because I want it to come off faster!!! At least changing my stats was fun. I'm so close to 35 pounds lost, and I'm excited about that.

Looked at my calendar and noted that I am on Day 6 of my own 100 Day Challenge (because I didn't start with everyone else.) That's also Day 6 of Boot Camp, and I am so happy to say that I am doing well with food, meds, water and exercise. Just missed one day of exercise when I drove to Portland.

I plan to take my calendar with me on our trip. I need a reminder that I am really going to stick with this, and not use a vacation as an excuse to screw up. My exercise video is on VHS and we only have a DVD player in the RV, so I'd like to find my old cassette player and at least record the audio portion of my video. (I contacted the company about buying just the DVD portion of the exercise plan, but they wanted me to buy the entire set with the equipment and everything. I've already done that twice when I lost my first set! Grrrrrrr!) Anyway, with the audio, I'll hear the music, which seems to speed things along; and all of her prompts so I remember what I'm doing. Just need to find that old cassette player, a blank tape, and then remember to do it!

I'm still working on menus and grocery lists. We'll go off island Monday for the last of our shopping. Of course, there are always stores on the road; but not Trader Joe's or Winco-- my faves. There will be a Costco at the beach, however. That's good.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Got up this a.m. and weighed... down another pound but really thought I'd lost more. Maybe building muscle from all of my walking up steep hills. I'm not complaining... just a little disappointed because I want it to come off faster!!! At least changing my stats was fun. I'm so close to 35 pounds lost, and I'm excited about that.

Looked at my calendar and noted that I am on Day 6 of my own 100 Day Challenge (because I didn't start with everyone else.) That's also Day 6 of Boot Camp, and I am so happy to say that I am doing well with food, meds, water and exercise. Just missed one day of exercise when I drove to Portland.

I plan to take my calendar with me on our trip. I need a reminder that I am really going to stick with this, and not use a vacation as an excuse to screw up. My exercise video is on VHS and we only have a DVD player in the RV, so I'd like to find my old cassette player and at least record the audio portion of my video. (I contacted the company about buying just the DVD portion of the exercise plan, but they wanted me to buy the entire set with the equipment and everything. I've already done that twice when I lost my first set! Grrrrrrr!) Anyway, with the audio, I'll hear the music, which seems to speed things along; and all of her prompts so I remember what I'm doing. Just need to find that old cassette player, a blank tape, and then remember to do it!

I'm still working on menus and grocery lists. We'll go off island Monday for the last of our shopping. Of course, there are always stores on the road; but not Trader Joe's or Winco-- my faves. There will be a Costco at the beach, however. That's good.
sorry you were up .. maybe tomorrow you'll be back down..

I so hope I get your email.. I wanna see this book .. I am better it is just lovely!!

Its bed time here.. so sweet dreams.. .. speaking of bed time.. its 11:19 pm here.. what is it there? I don't know the time difference..lol..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Silly you... you must have read something wrong... I wasn't up, I was down! Down one pound yesterday and another half pound today. I'm pretty sure that makes a total of 35 pounds gone. Yay!

Looks like you're three hours ahead of us. We're almost as far west as you can get.

I don't understand why the pics didn't come through. My phone said they did. Luckily I didn't delete them, so I can send them to your phone if you want.

Sleep tight!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #45
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Ohh.. so sorry... awesome on the loss and 35 pounds is just wonderful!!..I'll check my other email.. and let you know.. if not.. I'll give you my cell number
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Just a quick .. hope your day is a good one !!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
again
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Thanks, Monet! Had two really good days, and happy I stayed on plan even though there are a lot of temptations here!

Plan to "Ramble" more, but probably not til tomorrow. This clubhouse closes is a few minutes, and we want to go soak in the hot tub before it closes.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #49
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Thanks, Monet! Had two really good days, and happy I stayed on plan even though there are a lot of temptations here!

Plan to "Ramble" more, but probably not til tomorrow. This clubhouse closes is a few minutes, and we want to go soak in the hot tub before it closes.
well you two have a great time .. I;ll be waiting to hear about all the fun.. and way to go with staying on your plan..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Yesterday was somethin' else: I woke up with a screaming awful pain in my wrist, radiating up to my elbow. Called my doc back home, who said to ice it 20 minutes on, then 20 off for most of the day. Said to make sure if it wasn't better that I get to the clinic here before they closed for the day. By 3:30 we were on our way to the clinic. The doc there saw me quickly, gave his diagnosis, a brace and a prescription all in under a half hour. Waiting for the RX took an hour and a half at RiteAid. Anyway, I figured tendinitis, but doc said Carpel Tunnel. Whatever it is, I was almost in tears by the time I'd waited and waited at the pharmacy. Finally got the meds and headed back to the RV to ice my wrist some more.

Back at the RV park, we heard fire engines from a distance, and then they got closer and closer. Finally realized they were coming into the park, to the Adult Clubhouse where I was posting from the night before. Seems as though a bathroom fan got over-heated and caught fire. They caught it in time to save the building; but there was lots of smoke damage so we couldn't use the building for WiFi or the exercise room.

Went for a walk along the Boardwalk today. Started at the Turn-Around and went to the south end- almost to the end. Walked 50 minutes from the Jeep to the Boardwalk, down the Boardwalk and back to the Jeep. Then walked from the Jeep all the way down Broadway and back for another 40 minutes.

Once again, DH stopped to read and comment on menus along the way. I know he was hoping I'd cave in and want to go in one of them for a meal. I guess I can't complain, because in the past I always did. Guess it might be awhile before he realizes I've changed.

I am still eating "clean," but too many snacks, even though they are all LC.

Can't write a lot... still have to wear the brace and I'm trying to take it easy on my wrist. Truly thankful that a great deal of the pain has abated! Thank you, Lord!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #51
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Yesterday was somethin' else: I woke up with a screaming awful pain in my wrist, radiating up to my elbow. Called my doc back home, who said to ice it 20 minutes on, then 20 off for most of the day. Said to make sure if it wasn't better that I get to the clinic here before they closed for the day. By 3:30 we were on our way to the clinic. The doc there saw me quickly, gave his diagnosis, a brace and a prescription all in under a half hour. Waiting for the RX took an hour and a half at RiteAid. Anyway, I figured tendinitis, but doc said Carpel Tunnel. Whatever it is, I was almost in tears by the time I'd waited and waited at the pharmacy. Finally got the meds and headed back to the RV to ice my wrist some more.

Back at the RV park, we heard fire engines from a distance, and then they got closer and closer. Finally realized they were coming into the park, to the Adult Clubhouse where I was posting from the night before. Seems as though a bathroom fan got over-heated and caught fire. They caught it in time to save the building; but there was lots of smoke damage so we couldn't use the building for WiFi or the exercise room.

Went for a walk along the Boardwalk today. Started at the Turn-Around and went to the south end- almost to the end. Walked 50 minutes from the Jeep to the Boardwalk, down the Boardwalk and back to the Jeep. Then walked from the Jeep all the way down Broadway and back for another 40 minutes.

Once again, DH stopped to read and comment on menus along the way. I know he was hoping I'd cave in and want to go in one of them for a meal. I guess I can't complain, because in the past I always did. Guess it might be awhile before he realizes I've changed.

I am still eating "clean," but too many snacks, even though they are all LC.

Can't write a lot... still have to wear the brace and I'm trying to take it easy on my wrist. Truly thankful that a great deal of the pain has abated! Thank you, Lord!
poor thing.. I sure it gets better.. geesh.. some vacation .. ..

I'll say a prayer for you two tonight .. all will be ok
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 AM   #52
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
It's 8:45 my time.. your prolly still sweepin.. .. but Good morning lady bug
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Livywilltim-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 9,220
Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Aww, Raini, so sorry to hear about your painful wrist!

Good job sticking with LC, it can be so tough some times. When I was successful at LC, in the beginning I had lots of LC treats, then the cravings tapered off on their own.

Hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Hey Jaimie and Monet'- My wrist is getting better. Too bad that DH went into the doc's with me and listened so well... he's a real nag about me taking the meds, icing my wrist and keeping my brace on, LOL! I am taking off the brace a little at a time so my hand, wrist and arm don't get too weak. But the terrible pain is gone. Thank you, Lord!!!

~

The weather here has been extremely windy with sideways rain and sometimes heavy hail. Not much good for walking at all!

I stood up to DH this a.m. and said "no thanks" to going to Cannon Beach. If the weather isn't good enough for walking on the beach, the only thing to do is walk through the town and dodge candies, fudge, popcorn and carmel corn, and the best hamburgers I've ever eaten in my life (buns included!) I know that I can't face that stuff right now, and I know I'd cave in and eat it.

We haven't been swimming yet. I haven't put on a swim suit in a couple of years, and I'm pretty intimidated to so so now. Then it occurred to me that maybe DH is as embarrassed by me being in a swim suit as I am. I know that my suits will fit okay... I'm just really embarrassed and I don't know if I can overcome that right now.

Guess I'd better get some lunch before I'm tempted to eat something I shouldn't...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #55
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
hey sweetie.. so glad your wrist is better ..

bummer on the hail and rain.. geesh..

I know what you mean about the suit.. I would be the same way.. my DH wouldn't though.. he would be saying.. who cares.. get in here.... but he likes chunky girls.. I was heavy when we met.. soo I guess that's a good thing.. but I keep asking him.. what are you going to do when I get thin? He doesn't answer me....

have a great time for me..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:39 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Livywilltim-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 9,220
Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Glad to hear about the acute pain being gone, thank God is right!

Love and hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Monet- I guess what is always in the back of my mind is that when I weighed 133, DH and I were just dating and had gone swimming at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. We were having so much fun in the pool until two ultra-slim girls came out. The next time I got out of the pool to dive in, he came over and told me I should stay in the water because my thighs were too fat! So now that I weigh nearly 140 pounds more than that, why should I believe him when he says I look just fine and he's not embarrassed? Well, yeah, he HAS grown up a lot since then, but I just can't let that scene out of my head, ya know?

My wrist is bothering me again... not as bad as before, but I need to catch it before it gets there. I'm going to take it easy again.

~ ~ ~

We walked for 15 minutes in the RV park yesterday, then decided to walk the Boardwalk since the sun looked like it might hang around. Got another half hour in, so had a total of 45 minutes yesterday.

Also yesterday- didn't eat enough, but I guess better than eating too much! I had leftover turkey (not so great) and leftover clam chowder (yum!) for breakfast. For lunch, I had a handful of nuts and about 2/3 of an Atkins bar, thinking I'd have something else later on. Then I got busy making "the books" and having so much fun I forgot all about dinner. About 9 p.m. I heated up a piece of Coney Island Chili dog Pie. About midnight I had a 1 oz. piece of cheese and an ultra-skinny piece of ham lunch meat.

I'm sitting here right now smelling the sandwich and cheddar cheese chips that DH is eating.... ooooooh! They smell so good! And I have no idea what I'm having for lunch today. I'm so hungry and don't have anything in mind! Shame on me! Got to get going and figure something out fast.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #58
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Monet- I guess what is always in the back of my mind is that when I weighed 133, DH and I were just dating and had gone swimming at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. We were having so much fun in the pool until two ultra-slim girls came out. The next time I got out of the pool to dive in, he came over and told me I should stay in the water because my thighs were too fat! So now that I weigh nearly 140 pounds more than that, why should I believe him when he says I look just fine and he's not embarrassed? Well, yeah, he HAS grown up a lot since then, but I just can't let that scene out of my head, ya know?

My wrist is bothering me again... not as bad as before, but I need to catch it before it gets there. I'm going to take it easy again.

~ ~ ~

We walked for 15 minutes in the RV park yesterday, then decided to walk the Boardwalk since the sun looked like it might hang around. Got another half hour in, so had a total of 45 minutes yesterday.

Also yesterday- didn't eat enough, but I guess better than eating too much! I had leftover turkey (not so great) and leftover clam chowder (yum!) for breakfast. For lunch, I had a handful of nuts and about 2/3 of an Atkins bar, thinking I'd have something else later on. Then I got busy making "the books" and having so much fun I forgot all about dinner. About 9 p.m. I heated up a piece of Coney Island Chili dog Pie. About midnight I had a 1 oz. piece of cheese and an ultra-skinny piece of ham lunch meat.

I'm sitting here right now smelling the sandwich and cheddar cheese chips that DH is eating.... ooooooh! They smell so good! And I have no idea what I'm having for lunch today. I'm so hungry and don't have anything in mind! Shame on me! Got to get going and figure something out fast.
wow.. your a better woman then I am.. I don't think I would have went out with him again after him saying that .. would have broke my heart..
I can't imagine 130 pounds and having big thighs..... I wouldn't think it anyway...

continue to have a good time and I hope that wrist get better ... ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Couldn't pick up WiFi last night or earlier today, but had a victory I wanted to note:

At Dooger's last night, I ordered a little shrimp salad and some hot wings, after asking my waitress if the wings were made without flour. She assured me they had no flour, but by the time they arrived they looked like they were breaded and then deep fried. The waitress checked the packaging and then came back with an apology. I was SO hungry and really, really tempted to eat them anyway. But I had her take them back to the kitchen, and just ate the salad. DH had breaded and deep fried oysters and a big bowl of chowder. I was still hungry when we left, but so glad I'd stayed on plan.

Tonight's dinner came with a big baked potato. I put it on DH's plate and ate my prime rib and green beans. Another meal well done. Yay me!

Didn't get any exercise today. This morning the sky was grey and looked like it might get story again. By the time it got sunny, we had other things to do. So consistent exercise is an area I need to work on...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #60
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
GREAT JOB MS. RAINI.. your doing awesome on this vacation!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.