Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I do not want to go to a brain surgeon that might stamp my brain!!!

In defense of my 82 drawers of stamping supplies:

1. I had a very nice job that paid very well. Bought all the stuff when I was working.

2. I used to have much more than that. Gave away a lot to friends before we moved.

3. I'm still cutting back on stuff... trying to eliminate 7 drawers, maybe even will accomplish that today.

4. I make gorgeous cards... even dh isn't anxious for me to get rid of supplies now. (Small miracle!)

5. I don't begin my rotation for neurosurgery for another 6 months. Plenty of time to stamp now!

All that $^%&* aside, I have too much stuff and it takes up valuable time to maintain it. God is working on me about this.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I do not want to go to a brain surgeon that might stamp my brain!!!

In defense of my 82 drawers of stamping supplies:

1. I had a very nice job that paid very well. Bought all the stuff when I was working.

2. I used to have much more than that. Gave away a lot to friends before we moved.

3. I'm still cutting back on stuff... trying to eliminate 7 drawers, maybe even will accomplish that today.

4. I make gorgeous cards... even dh isn't anxious for me to get rid of supplies now. (Small miracle!)

5. I don't begin my rotation for neurosurgery for another 6 months. Plenty of time to stamp now!

All that $^%&* aside, I have too much stuff and it takes up valuable time to maintain it. God is working on me about this.
You should sell them on line.. ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #543

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Raini, you didn't need to defend yourself . . . it was much more fun thinking you were obsessed about your stamping. Now you're just . . . ordinary. Oh well . . . .

dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Raini, you didn't need to defend yourself . . . it was much more fun thinking you were obsessed about your stamping. Now you're just . . . ordinary. Oh well . . . .

Old 02-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My "Gorgeous cards" - no one seems to want to pay (what they're worth) for handmade cards. I might look into Etsy, though.

I missed a great opportunity a few years ago. The Nursing Supervisor at the hospital where I worked loved the cards I had given her, and her son saw them at her house one day. He managed a gift shop at one of the Four Seasons hotels where all the celebrities go, and wanted to sell them in his shop. I should have jumped on it! She has since passed away, and I don't know where to find her son anymore.

One and one-half drawers left to go!!! Woo-hoo! I'm going back up now...
Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bekki1
Stats: 172.1/156.2/150
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 4/9/12
So darling, take a picture of a few cards so we can all see them. I love to make cards, scrap book, make calendars/invitations.
bekki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekki1 View Post
So darling, take a picture of a few cards so we can all see them. I love to make cards, scrap book, make calendars/invitations.
yes pleaasseeeee..
Old 02-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I still haven't figured out how to post photos here. (Notice the lack of anything in my avatar?) Nag me...er, remind me after I get the office/craft room finished and have my life back again! I'll try to learn...
Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #549

I went you a pm telling you how to add the pictures..

Old 02-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

What a great friend Monet is!!! Get cracking and let us see your beautiful cards.
Cold this morning huh? Whats the temp for you?
Whats the weekend plans? Its a good day to make some cards or scrap!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #551

I wish you technological success, Raini.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 02-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What a great friend Monet is!!! Get cracking and let us see your beautiful cards.
Cold this morning huh? Whats the temp for you?
Whats the weekend plans? Its a good day to make some cards or scrap!
Brrrrrr! 29 degrees when we woke up today.

No cards or scrapping... still working on the office. I did finish cleaning out the last of the drawers, only to discover that the tower with 7 larger drawers hadn't been scrubbed out when I rearranged them. What was I thinking? (Oh yeah... I probably wasn't.) They are all empty now, but will get scrubbed and disinfected before they leave the room. That way I don't have to worry about sending any mold to any other part of the house, or to anyone else's house if we part with the tower altogether.

Today I'll focus on cleaning off the table I had set up to sort stuff out. Now I need to figure out what to do with all the items left in a "???" pile. Then the table will either go out of the room, or be moved to the center so I can sort and inventory books that need to come back. We bought new bookcases to replace the ones that were crushed by the Big Tree.

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Big cat, Shasta, was mad at me for yelling at her when I found her on the kitchen counter, so she punished me by withholding my bedtime massage. I didn't realize how much I have come to count on that massage to help me get to sleep. She lays over my shoulder and massages my temples and brushes my hair. I hope she lives a very long time, because I look forward to that massage every night now. And I hope she stays off the kitchen counters, because she doesn't forget and forgive all that quickly!

Alright, alright... I'm heading back upstairs to work....
Old 02-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks... here's hoping I get to try it soon. Right now I barely have time to check in, let alone fight with my PC!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Long story short...

A big gain today. Lots of tears. Lots of prayers. Problems with my PC. A very long post on my ****** journal that disappeared when I tried to save it.

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

I'm going to spend less time on the PC and more time planning meals, eating right and exercising. I'll try to check in daily, but need to focus more on doing, not chatting.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #556

Quote:
Long story short...

A big gain today. Lots of tears. Lots of prayers. Problems with my PC. A very long post on my ****** journal that disappeared when I tried to save it.

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

I'm going to spend less time on the PC and more time planning meals, eating right and exercising. I'll try to check in daily, but need to focus more on doing, not chatting.
:blush: I gained 1.1 this week..... Amen to 1st corinthians 10:31
Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Prayer request- Just heard that dh's youngest sister was found dead at her home today. The police are still there and won't allow her daughter in the home. We're waiting for a phone call from the police right now. Please pray for her children (their father was murdered a few years ago) and for her brothers and sisters. This was very unexpected and we don't know what happened.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Your family is in my prayers.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Bekki.

The police officer called me back. They believe it was an overdose. A friend apparently gave her morphine yesterday, and they think she took it along with her other prescription medications. She'd been dead 2-4 hours when they found her. No idea if the "friend" will be charged. He said the toxicology report takes about 90 days, so I guess we won't know any more until then.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #560

Quote:
Prayer request- Just heard that dh's youngest sister was found dead at her home today. The police are still there and won't allow her daughter in the home. We're waiting for a phone call from the police right now. Please pray for her children (their father was murdered a few years ago) and for her brothers and sisters. This was very unexpected and we don't know what happened.
oh wow..how terrible.. prayers will be said!!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

I am so sorry Raini
Old 02-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #562

Quote:
Thank you, Bekki.

The police officer called me back. They believe it was an overdose. A friend apparently gave her morphine yesterday, and they think she took it along with her other prescription medications. She'd been dead 2-4 hours when they found her. No idea if the "friend" will be charged. He said the toxicology report takes about 90 days, so I guess we won't know any more until then.
poor kids..
Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #563

Just remember, Raini, that when Christ rules as King over the earth, things will be sooooo different!

(Revelation 21:3-4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #564

Quote:
Just remember, Raini, that when Christ rules as King over the earth, things will be sooooo different!

(Revelation 21:3-4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So... guess I didn't mention this, but less than an hour after we learned of SIL's death, we got word that another friend passed away. She lived just a few blocks away from us, and her daughter lives downstairs in the same house. Her daughter found her "unresponsive" and was so upset that her 6 year-old son had to call 911.

I think the "numb" has kind of worn off and I can't quit crying. I'm staying away from dh because I don't want to upset him. I am absolutely exhausted, shaking and cold.

We have one son left to call... the one in Florida. We didn't want to tell him because he gets so upset and right now he has no support system at all. His girlfriend broke up with him, and all of "their" friends were originally "her" friends. He's pretty much alone and not very stable emotionally. But I have a feeling our oldest son is going to tell him anyway, so I think we're going to have to call him.

Hangin' on to God right now...
Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 AM   #566

Quote:
So... guess I didn't mention this, but less than an hour after we learned of SIL's death, we got word that another friend passed away. She lived just a few blocks away from us, and her daughter lives downstairs in the same house. Her daughter found her "unresponsive" and was so upset that her 6 year-old son had to call 911.

I think the "numb" has kind of worn off and I can't quit crying. I'm staying away from dh because I don't want to upset him. I am absolutely exhausted, shaking and cold.

We have one son left to call... the one in Florida. We didn't want to tell him because he gets so upset and right now he has no support system at all. His girlfriend broke up with him, and all of "their" friends were originally "her" friends. He's pretty much alone and not very stable emotionally. But I have a feeling our oldest son is going to tell him anyway, so I think we're going to have to call him.

Hangin' on to God right now...
Geesh.. can we say " when it rains , it pours?".. wow again.. haven't heard of so much stuff going on in one persons life.. ..
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Would y'all pray for our middle son today? We're gonna have to call him to tell him about his aunt. I'm trying to reach a pastor in Boca Raton that was our pastor in the NW years ago, but he's on Sabbatical. His secretary said she would have him call when he checks in, but didn't know when that would be. I'm hoping he will know of someone in ds' area that can help.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #568

Raini, I'm just so sorry for all that you've had to endure lately. I wish I had words of wisdom to take all your pains away . . . I do hope your son will be able to handle the news and that you will find some peace and calm in your life . . .

Remember, your husband is your support system and you should share with him what's going on inside of you . . .

HUGS
Old 02-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sometimes I WISH was I just ordinary....
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ds took the news about his aunt okay. Suppose it was all that prayer before I told him?

So, I have been really struggling with staying on plan. I didn't want to tell dh about my big gain this week, but ended up blurting it out while I was crying. He started to apologize for giving in when I ask to go out to dinner, or not reminding me when I order something I shouldn't have. Nope, I told him. It is MY responsibility to stay on track (although I do wish he wouldn't offer me a lot of stuff he knows I shouldn't have. But talking me out of stuff I choose on my own is not his job!)

I have stayed 100% on plan since Monday, and this with all the stress we've had this week. And I vowed to dh (for accountability purposes) that if I eat even ONE bite of anything at the crafter's day "lunch and munch" (my name for it--- not theirs) that isn't on plan, I am not going to crafter's day again. Period. So I packed a cup of LC tomato soup and some Sassy chicken salad for me, and took along a new box of Wheat Thins to add to the other shared food there (even though I wasn't going to have any.)

They were having potato soup with lots of yummy toppings, Jello salad, cheese biscuits, muffins and delicious looking scones. I heated up my food and ate it, and then began working on my cross-stitch. One of the ladies opened up a window (it was 30 degrees outside!) and I started freezing. Then I got the munchies, and those scones kept giving me their "come hither and eat" look. I almost popped just a tiny crumb in my mouth and then stopped. Did I really want to give up my time with all of my friends just because I couldn't leave that food alone? And if dh asked if I'd eaten any (he didn't), would I want to 'fess up and admit that I had? NO!!! So I called him and asked him to pick me up early (he took me there today because it was snowing like crazy) before I caved in and ate something I shouldn't.

Now, six hours later, I can look back and see that it didn't hurt even a tiny bit to pass up all those things I shouldn't be eating. Thank you Jesus!!!

Tomorrow they bury dh's sister, and Saturday is the memorial service. Today was the viewing, and although I am not too thrilled about viewings, I felt we should be there for our niece and nephews. But we didn't hear about it until it was too late to go (too late for the ferry to bring us home) so we missed it. I know they are having a big spaghetti dinner after the memorial service, and haven't figured out what to do about that. We'll be on the mainland all day before the service... maybe have a late lunch so I'm not hungry for dinner? I dunno...

The temperature is in the teens here (I know... most of you are much colder than that!) and our heat pump can't keep our house warm enough. I have a little fireplace-style heater in my room to take the chill off, but I've been cold all day. I think I'll add another comforter to our bed tonight. Once I get to sleep I'll be fine, but I have a hard time getting to sleep when I'm cold.

Well... here's to a lonnnngggg week-end! Just praying for strength and peace to get through it.