Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/310.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-35.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!

dusk is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #512

Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Cute... but I'm not thinking Eyore is the smartest...

Last edited by raini; 02-02-2011 at 10:00 AM..
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not sure I ever posted it here... on Monday, I truly didn't want to weigh-in. One the weeks I have worked the hardest, my efforts resulted in very small losses and even gains sometimes. So, when I hadn't exercised at all, and had eaten more nuts than I should have, and felt bloated and huge, I really didn't want to weigh. But I also didn't want those pounds creeping back unchecked, so I made myself get on the scales. I'd lost three pounds. Thank you, Lord!

Then, feeling guilty that I'd lost without trying, I went ahead and sabotaged my day yesterday. Started out eating well, but evening hours came and I blew it. Dh fixed some turkey in the Crock Pot, but I didn't come down from the office early enough to fix a nice salad or any other veggies. At 8 pm I found myself making a snadwich... yep, a turkey sandwich with bread. Uh-huh. Bread. The stuff I'm allergic to. The stuff that makes me crave more carbs, and the stuff that makes me swell up, break out and feel awful. What an idiot!

After paying for that sandwich with all of the discomfort I felt last night (and still feel) I have "smartened up" a little. Probably just a little. I got up, ate a nice LC breakfast (Atkins Hazelnut bar and 2 ounces of steak) took my fiber, and exercised. And I'm going to exercise some more. And I'm going to drink more water. And I'm going to eat the right foods today. And if not, I'm going to come back here and and make a full confession.

I can't keep enrolling in "The School of Hard Knocks." You'd think I'd eventually graduate andmove on to some other school of higher learning. You'd think...

I'm headed over to ****** to record my weight loss. How DARE I make little of it when I wanted it so badly??? How dare I forget to record it and appreciate it, and strive to continue losing? Okay... I'm out of here. BBL with a report.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #515

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
I do believe you posted about your 3 pound weight loss.. ..

but I do know what you mean...crazy as it is.. it happens.. we are all human and as much as we know what to do to win this battle , we continue to keep the war going.....

but your on the right road sister.. keep fighting... and one day... we WILL WIN!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Cute... but I'm not thinking Eyore is the smartest...
Ahhhh . . . but there's where you're wrong . . . Eyore was VERY smart, he just talked slow and was very humble . . . that's what fooled everyone.

OH! Congrats on your loss, there, woman! WTG!! The unintentional weight loss says you are doing some things right, naturally. I LOVE it when that happens.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have done all of my exercise today except for one more session on the Rebounder. I've had almost all my water... by 1 pm! (Leaking like a sieve... LOL) I've eaten a healthy breakfast and a healthy lunch. Even got some laundry done. I', movin', movin, movin'...

The jerk from the inspection company finally called back... three days after he promised to. Then told me he would call again "in an hour" to firm up the appointment time. Surprise... he called back in 15 minutes, just when I was supposed to be leaving to return a bunch of books at the library. Thing is, he was supposed to be calling dh's cell phone so we wouldn't miss any of his calls. In every single instance, he has called the wrong number, at the wrong time, or not called at all. Hopefully we will be done with him after tomorrow.

Going up to the office for the rest of the day... until dinner and then choir practice. Whew!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stopping by to vent... so I'll say it here and not to any family members... LOL

Just looked up the bridal registry for my neice... a lovely young woman interested in missionary work. I guess I expected her to be practical... silly me! How about a sugar bowl for $125? (I didn't check the creamer.) A platter for $150? Two cutting boards at $39 each? Not gonna mention the price per place setting!

It's not just her. I've seen quite a few of these guest registries in the past few years, and I am astounded at how much brides want these days. What ever happened to the basics? When I was married, I got a small electric mixer, Corning Ware mixing bowls, melamine dishes... practical things. There just seems to be such a focus on "stuff" right now... acquiring stuff, buying stuff, collecting stuff.

I'm gonna get off my soapbox now before I really get going. Back to work!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #519

Quote:
Stopping by to vent... so I'll say it here and not to any family members... LOL

Just looked up the bridal registry for my neice... a lovely young woman interested in missionary work. I guess I expected her to be practical... silly me! How about a sugar bowl for $125? (I didn't check the creamer.) A platter for $150? Two cutting boards at $39 each? Not gonna mention the price per place setting!

It's not just her. I've seen quite a few of these guest registries in the past few years, and I am astounded at how much brides want these days. What ever happened to the basics? When I was married, I got a small electric mixer, Corning Ware mixing bowls, melamine dishes... practical things. There just seems to be such a focus on "stuff" right now... acquiring stuff, buying stuff, collecting stuff.

I'm gonna get off my soapbox now before I really get going. Back to work!
wow... I agree.. geesh.. 125 for a sugar bowl.. whos she serving.. the Queen.... sorry.. but dangg
Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #520

A SUGAR BOWL? I didn't even know people still used those things. I've been over to friends who just use a plastic container from Walmart for such things.

Funny how the generation of today is . . . The people I know register for items that they know won't put a financial burden on their friends and family and NOT $125 dollar sugar bowls!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
A SUGAR BOWL? I didn't even know people still used those things. I've been over to friends who just use a plastic container from Walmart for such things.

Funny how the generation of today is . . . The people I know register for items that they know won't put a financial burden on their friends and family and NOT $125 dollar sugar bowls!
You know, someone who was signing up for a bridal registry once told me that they just handed her the "gun" thing and told her to "go at it." Kind of like a shopping spree... aiming it at one thing and then another, and they are encouraged to scan anything and everything they like. But still... this sweet little gal just doesn't seem like someone "high society" that would need (or want!) stuff like that. Now, my ex-DIL... that's another story!

I had a great LC day and met every single one of my goals... oops... except I ate some nuts. Then I got a lot done in my office, and I talked to my friend who lost her husband last week AND I talked to my brother who is always hurting. Got a lot done today! I'm going to make some new labels for my stamping drawers and then I am headed to bed. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #522

You sound like you had a full day . . . you sleep well, sweetie.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #523

Quote:
You know, someone who was signing up for a bridal registry once told me that they just handed her the "gun" thing and told her to "go at it." Kind of like a shopping spree... aiming it at one thing and then another, and they are encouraged to scan anything and everything they like. But still... this sweet little gal just doesn't seem like someone "high society" that would need (or want!) stuff like that. Now, my ex-DIL... that's another story!

I had a great LC day and met every single one of my goals... oops... except I ate some nuts. Then I got a lot done in my office, and I talked to my friend who lost her husband last week AND I talked to my brother who is always hurting. Got a lot done today! I'm going to make some new labels for my stamping drawers and then I am headed to bed. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
was there other lower priced items on there?.. maybe they were just being silly..lol.. I could see me walking around saying.. " OH, I really must have this one Daaahhhlinkk..".... but I don't think I would actually scan it..lol... I wiould just send out something in the mail that said.. wally world and Target are just fine by me.. heck.. the Dollar store would do..

glad you got everything done girly!!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #524

missing you..
Old 02-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
missing you..
Thanks... needing to be missed! A rough few days, with the funeral and stuff around here.

And when you get this, will you pray for my friend, Sue? She had her first chemo on Tuesday and her dh said she's not feeling well and not sleeping. He sounded discouraged, and so far all the other e-mails have been so upbeat.

Need to get to praying, and then to bed. Have a great Friday!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #526

Quote:
Thanks... needing to be missed! A rough few days, with the funeral and stuff around here.

And when you get this, will you pray for my friend, Sue? She had her first chemo on Tuesday and her dh said she's not feeling well and not sleeping. He sounded discouraged, and so far all the other e-mails have been so upbeat.

Need to get to praying, and then to bed. Have a great Friday!
we'll do sweetie..

all will work out in Gods will
Old 02-11-2011, 06:21 AM   #527

Hi Raini . . . sorry to hear about your friend . . .
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Raini . . . sorry to hear about your friend . . .
We're expecting God to do good things through this. I know that I've been blessed with better prayer time since hearing of Sue's illness, and I'm remembering to pray for my kids and grand-kids and other people a lot more. Cork (Sue's husband) has said that Sue has been blessed with lots of prayer, letters, meals, care, a wonderful doctor and so much more. After he told me last night that she hadn't been sleeping well, he sent another e-mail this morning that she slept better last night. Hearing answer to prayer is always such a blessing.

I apologize for not posting on your journal or Lisa's, but today has been kind of rough already and I have so much to do. I just got online to pass along other prayer needs and couldn't resist peeking in here; but I really do have to run. Maybe be back later today....?

Hope you and Lisa have a great day!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #529

Thanks Raini . . . remember to breathe . . .
Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #530

Quote:
We're expecting God to do good things through this. I know that I've been blessed with better prayer time since hearing of Sue's illness, and I'm remembering to pray for my kids and grand-kids and other people a lot more. Cork (Sue's husband) has said that Sue has been blessed with lots of prayer, letters, meals, care, a wonderful doctor and so much more. After he told me last night that she hadn't been sleeping well, he sent another e-mail this morning that she slept better last night. Hearing answer to prayer is always such a blessing.

I apologize for not posting on your journal or Lisa's, but today has been kind of rough already and I have so much to do. I just got online to pass along other prayer needs and couldn't resist peeking in here; but I really do have to run. Maybe be back later today....?

Hope you and Lisa have a great day!
Don't you worry your pretty little head about us.. we are just fine .. you focus on your friend Sue.. prayers will continue to flow to heaven.. .. I am glad she got some much needed sleep....

we love ya Raini girl!!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well... I did not weigh yesterday. We got up early and left the island for the day, running errands for about 9 hours. (Got the hiccups just thinking about it!)

I haven't been staying on plan lately and I DON'T want to weigh. I'll make a promise to weigh next Monday, though, so maybe that will make me think twice about cheating this week.

Sunday we left church a little early to catch a ferry and head over to the resort campground where we usually stay in our RV a couple of times a year. We just took the Jeep and just went for the day. It was SO much fun and a much needed break from what we've been doing here day after day. It felt so good to be welcomed back, and we got lots of hugs from lots of friends we've made there. We visited in the afternoon, and then they had a Valentine's dinner in the evening. We left around 7 pm, with promises from a number of them to come to the island to visit, and promises from us that we'll bring the RV when we can and stay for awhile.

I'm not sure what's been going on in my lil pun'kin head. I don't know why it has been so hard to stay on track, or why I'm craving all the stuff I can't have. It kind of started with Buckwheat's funeral, but there have been so many more stressors since then... just one after another. Those stressors seem to be pushing me closer to God, but then I think the "enemy" is working extra hard to steal my joy.

Saturday night a horrible thing happened in Florida. A friend of our ds#2 was at a party and had too much to drink. He pulled out his 9 ml handgun to show it off. It fired, and went through a door, killing a 13 year old girl. This young man is 22 years old, and has now ruined his own life, plus detroyed the life of a young girl and the lives of her family and friends. But Sunday morning in church we were singing praise songs, and one after another they reminded me that we serve a great God--- one full of mercy, grace and compassion. If this young man will allow God to work in his life, he will be able to find forgiveness and a reason to keep on living. And if the family of this girl can turn to God, they can find forgiveness for the young man, and healing for their own hearts. Still, it was a terrible thing and has disrupted many lives. Our ds is quite despondent over it... I'm sure it brings a lot of his other losses to the surface to have to deal with. (His best friend was buried alive when a trench caved in on him about 12 years ago.)

Well. I'm going to try to restore some of the balance back to my life this week... balancing my spiritual walk with my physical responsibilities and my health stuff, etc. Starting...... now!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #532

WOW.. sorry to hear about this young man.... drinking gets you NO where if you ask me.. and sometimes it gets you trouble ..

Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #533

Ms. Raini, I know it's tough . . . sometimes we want what we want and we don't really think about the consequences. Just dust yourself off and try again. Keep fighting to find your go-go juice. And KEEP POSTING! If you're like me, when you're not doing so well, you stop posting because you don't want to fess up to your mistakes . . . but really, if you fess up, you're one step ahead of the game. It makes you FACE your transgressions instead of trying to cover them up or denying them.

Get in here and post, woman! it'll help keep you more focused.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here... had a really good day yesterday on LC. Would have been better if I'd stay away from the nuts, but I keep wanting something crunchy (besides celery!) Once I get back on track a little longer, I'll back off of them again.

Breakfast was a pepperoni omelette. Never did that before, but I was thinking that pepperoni looked good and needed to be eaten.

Dh made a big pot of beef soup yesterday with 'fridge leftovers: roast beef, water chestnuts, bamboo sprouts, mushrooms. Plus he added some of the green beans that I dried last summer. They were SO good! I will be drying lots and lots and lots of green beans this summer! I can't believe how much better they were than home canned green beans, and no added sodium like store-bought green beans.

I'm taking leftover soup to the craft group today. They are planning to have baked potatoes with toppings, and one of those toppings will be chili that I can't have. I can't have the potatoes, either, so I'll have my soup.

I just have 5 drawers left to clean and organize in my office/craft room. Then I'm going to rearrange some of the drawers and try to get rid of the shortest tower. Who needs 82 drawers of rubber stamping supplies??? Most of the stamp scrubbing is done... I just have some unmounted stamps to clean and sort now.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #535
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
What a terrible tragedy to endure. Even with an active religious life, some things are awfully hard to imagine getting through.

Prayers for your ds and those involved.

Good for you for getting so much organizing done...I need to catch the "clean up" bug

It's school vacation week here next week, so if I can't get the 2nd job I am working on, I will make a big plan to organize around the house and get my kiddos involved.

Hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #536

Quote:
I'm here... had a really good day yesterday on LC. Would have been better if I'd stay away from the nuts, but I keep wanting something crunchy (besides celery!) Once I get back on track a little longer, I'll back off of them again.

Breakfast was a pepperoni omelette. Never did that before, but I was thinking that pepperoni looked good and needed to be eaten.

Dh made a big pot of beef soup yesterday with 'fridge leftovers: roast beef, water chestnuts, bamboo sprouts, mushrooms. Plus he added some of the green beans that I dried last summer. They were SO good! I will be drying lots and lots and lots of green beans this summer! I can't believe how much better they were than home canned green beans, and no added sodium like store-bought green beans.

I'm taking leftover soup to the craft group today. They are planning to have baked potatoes with toppings, and one of those toppings will be chili that I can't have. I can't have the potatoes, either, so I'll have my soup.

I just have 5 drawers left to clean and organize in my office/craft room. Then I'm going to rearrange some of the drawers and try to get rid of the shortest tower. Who needs 82 drawers of rubber stamping supplies??? Most of the stamp scrubbing is done... I just have some unmounted stamps to clean and sort now.
whhhhewwww 82 drawers... dang girl;..lol..

soup sounds yummy
Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #537

Okay . . . I just can't get past the 82 drawers of rubber stamping supplies . . .
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #538

Quote:
Okay . . . I just can't get past the 82 drawers of rubber stamping supplies . . .
me either...

I can't do stamps.. I messem up every time..
Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #539

Good thing you're not a brain surgeon then, huh?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #540

Quote:
Good thing you're not a brain surgeon then, huh?

VERY good thing..