Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
It's the one on the left. This is how you tell the difference... if they frisk you when you get on the ferry, you're heading to the wrong island!
too funny..

D.. I would have said... well you must come work out with us first.. THEN you can have Subway.... LOve you Ms. Raini
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #422

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/310.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-35.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
It's the one on the left. This is how you tell the difference... if they frisk you when you get on the ferry, you're heading to the wrong island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
too funny..

D.. I would have said... well you must come work out with us first.. THEN you can have Subway.... LOve you Ms. Raini
Ohhh . . . I will keep that in mind for the next time.
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
My subway would be missing the bread....

I got in my exercise today, minus one session on the Rebounder. But I did Kinect for an hour, so I feel like I did well today.

Just finished watching Biggest Loser. What a shocker!!! I can't believe those guys EACH gained 9 pounds. It would be difficult enough to believe that even one of them gained that much, but both??? So... the other contestants witnessed them working out. There can't possibly be junk food around there and I don't think they could sneak it in. How could they throw the weigh-in?

What Dr. H. said about the one contestant having a really low metabolism--- I felt like he was talking to me. I know my metabolism is slow, and I probably do need to work out at least 90 minutes a day for the rest of my life. I used to work out at least 90 minutes a day, and faithfully tracked my time in an exercise log. Two different docs told me I was "compulsive" and needed to cut back. They were wrong and I shouldn't have listened to them. I NEED to be compulsive about my exercise, and I NEED to work out more. I just need more hours in the day, that's all.

I wrote down all my foods in my notebook today, but haven't added up carbs or calories yet. I know I didn't eat enough. but I'm not going to eat anything else this late at night. I plan to get up earlier tomorrow, so I'll have breakfast at a decent hour and probably get all my meals in.

G'night!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
too funny..

Love you guys, too! It's good to have friends to travel this road with!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #425

I know! The black team almost had me falling off of the couch! But you know, there was one season where they knew coli and sam or was it fillipe and simone were breaking into the craft catering truck and eating . . . (I saw that on a behind the scene thingy) . . .

But really, there is so much food in stock in the kitchen there that it wouldn't be too hard to overeat on legal foods and then they could have both drank a LOT of water before the weigh in . . . TA DA! +9 pounds! Jerks (sorry, but that's how I feel) . . . saying that they didn't need Bob and Jillian to lose weight and basically saying that they didn't have all the answers to losing weight. If they could do it at home, then why didn't they?

It's not all about losing the weight . . . one of them lost 100 pounds before, but he couldn't keep it off . . . I bet he doesn't keep it off again because he didn't want to work on what Jillian knew would work. Such big doe-doe birds.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
I know! The black team almost had me falling off of the couch! But you know, there was one season where they knew coli and sam or was it fillipe and simone were breaking into the craft catering truck and eating . . . (I saw that on a behind the scene thingy) . . .

But really, there is so much food in stock in the kitchen there that it wouldn't be too hard to overeat on legal foods and then they could have both drank a LOT of water before the weigh in . . . TA DA! +9 pounds! Jerks (sorry, but that's how I feel) . . . saying that they didn't need Bob and Jillian to lose weight and basically saying that they didn't have all the answers to losing weight. If they could do it at home, then why didn't they?

It's not all about losing the weight . . . one of them lost 100 pounds before, but he couldn't keep it off . . . I bet he doesn't keep it off again because he didn't want to work on what Jillian knew would work. Such big doe-doe birds.
I guess the right person was sent home. He did do an amazing job of losing weight once he left. Go figure.... Like Bob said, there were thousands of people who would have loved to be there. I'm kind of surprised they didn't weed them out before they were actually chosen.

I didn't sleep real well again last night, and tried to get back to sleep this morning... thus losing precious time that I could have been exercising or getting other things done.

We have a fellow coming over today to give us a bid on doing the rock work on our fireplace. We've been here 4 years now and never finished it, probably because we're not sure what we want to do with it! It is a corner fireplace with a big V shape extending from the corner. I want rock on the front, but not sure about the V shaped part, or how far up the wall the rock should go. I'd like it all the way to the ceiling, but that's like 18 feet further! I don't think we can afford it. We've got two guys to bid on it... one did the rock work on the front of the house when we were building it. He does a great job, but I wasn't around when he chose the color of grout. I would have said grey... he did red, like the color of red rock. Our rocks are grey... At least the color fades a little so it's not as bad as it was.

The guy was supposed to be here at noon. Guess I should go... BBL
Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #427

Quote:
I guess the right person was sent home. He did do an amazing job of losing weight once he left. Go figure.... Like Bob said, there were thousands of people who would have loved to be there. I'm kind of surprised they didn't weed them out before they were actually chosen.

I didn't sleep real well again last night, and tried to get back to sleep this morning... thus losing precious time that I could have been exercising or getting other things done.

We have a fellow coming over today to give us a bid on doing the rock work on our fireplace. We've been here 4 years now and never finished it, probably because we're not sure what we want to do with it! It is a corner fireplace with a big V shape extending from the corner. I want rock on the front, but not sure about the V shaped part, or how far up the wall the rock should go. I'd like it all the way to the ceiling, but that's like 18 feet further! I don't think we can afford it. We've got two guys to bid on it... one did the rock work on the front of the house when we were building it. He does a great job, but I wasn't around when he chose the color of grout. I would have said grey... he did red, like the color of red rock. Our rocks are grey... At least the color fades a little so it's not as bad as it was.

The guy was supposed to be here at noon. Guess I should go... BBL
Good luckkkk!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Frustrated- seems like my entire day revolves around working this program, with little time for anything else. Dh just came in and asked if I'd cleaned my desk out today, and the answer is "NO!" I've been fixing my breakfast, exercising, entering carb, calorie, sodium and fat counts, looking up info I need, taking a shower, taking vitamins and supplements, drinking water, mixing up ACV w/water and drinking it and looking for books that go back to the library. I still have more exercising to do. HE wants to have company over while I'm gone to choir practice tonight, but hasn't helped inside the house at all. He wants to feed them and almost used my chicken wings for appetizers. Glad I checked! (He already has a bunch of tacos, taquitos and something else for them... stuff I can't have anyway.) So do I clean the house or finish my exercising? I'll probably end up doing it all anyway, and then be exhausted by the time I go to choir. Poor baby! I think I'll have a pity party!!!

Headed back to ****** to enter more nutritional info...
Old 01-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #429

Quote:
Frustrated- seems like my entire day revolves around working this program, with little time for anything else. Dh just came in and asked if I'd cleaned my desk out today, and the answer is "NO!" I've been fixing my breakfast, exercising, entering carb, calorie, sodium and fat counts, looking up info I need, taking a shower, taking vitamins and supplements, drinking water, mixing up ACV w/water and drinking it and looking for books that go back to the library. I still have more exercising to do. HE wants to have company over while I'm gone to choir practice tonight, but hasn't helped inside the house at all. He wants to feed them and almost used my chicken wings for appetizers. Glad I checked! (He already has a bunch of tacos, taquitos and something else for them... stuff I can't have anyway.) So do I clean the house or finish my exercising? I'll probably end up doing it all anyway, and then be exhausted by the time I go to choir. Poor baby! I think I'll have a pity party!!!

Headed back to ****** to enter more nutritional info...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #430

Quote:
Poor baby! I think I'll have a pity party!!!
Can I join the party?

Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can I join the party?

No, because if you come, it'll be FUN and a pity party isn't supposed to be fun!!!

But I'll have "funner" parties, and you can come to all of them!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dh vacuumed the floors just when I was getting ready to do it, so I actually ended up with a little free time before choir practice. Good dh!!! His friends came over right after I left, and were still here when I got home. He fixed all the food for them, but I assume there is stuff in the kitchen for me to take care of. That's okay. I like to do the cleaning in there so I know it's done right.

I got ALL of my exercising done and I "think" all of my water consumed... if not, less than 1/2 cup shy. I documented all my foods, calories, carbs, etc. Also got more custom foods loaded into my ****** to make it easier to keep track of stuff. I'm gonna try to be in bed (maybe even asleep!) by midnight. Big day tomorrow!

G'night!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The movers are here and everything is being moved back into the house. Dh promised he would have my office stuff left in the loft so I could put things back one by one and get them all organized, but that's not what he had them do. I'm pretty stressed right now and I'm leaving for the rest of the day. Too bad I don't have sand.... I'd just stick my head in it, ostrich-style.

There was a box labeled "knick-knacks." I lifted one item out, and it was the top to a Party-Lite Lighthouse tea-light burner that goes in the laundry room. The next item was a figurine that came from my office. How could they pack things from two different rooms (which are on two different floors!) in the same box? And WHY would they? I didn't look any further.

D- I need a Smiley with a strait-jacket, please....
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #434

Quote:
The movers are here and everything is being moved back into the house. Dh promised he would have my office stuff left in the loft so I could put things back one by one and get them all organized, but that's not what he had them do. I'm pretty stressed right now and I'm leaving for the rest of the day. Too bad I don't have sand.... I'd just stick my head in it, ostrich-style.

Quote:
There was a box labeled "knick-knacks." I lifted one item out, and it was the top to a Party-Lite Lighthouse tea-light burner that goes in the laundry room. The next item was a figurine that came from my office. How could they pack things from two different rooms (which are on two different floors!) in the same box? And WHY would they? I didn't look any further.

D- I need a Smiley with a strait-jacket, please....
Sorry Raini . . . this one will have to do . . .
Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #435

Quote:

Sorry Raini . . . this one will have to do . . .

sorry.. but D's little smiles crack me up..

sorry Raini.. people make no since sometimes..
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kind of like unloading 59 boxes all marked "Miscellaneous."
Old 01-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #437

59 BOXES?!!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually haven't counted... was just guessing! But the laundry room has a bunch, the mudroom has a bunch, the guest room has a bunch and the loft is FULL of them!

And I have all these "towers" of drawers-- some with 8 drawers, but most with anywhere from 10-14 drawers-- and they ALL need to be emptied, scrubbed, sorted and organized, labeled and have everything put back in 'em. I finished an 8 drawer tower last night, and a 14 drawer tower today. Whew! Just 5 or 6 towers left to go. Then I can start on the bookcases and the roll-top desk.

Time for bed! G'night!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #439

Quote:
Actually haven't counted... was just guessing! But the laundry room has a bunch, the mudroom has a bunch, the guest room has a bunch and the loft is FULL of them!

And I have all these "towers" of drawers-- some with 8 drawers, but most with anywhere from 10-14 drawers-- and they ALL need to be emptied, scrubbed, sorted and organized, labeled and have everything put back in 'em. I finished an 8 drawer tower last night, and a 14 drawer tower today. Whew! Just 5 or 6 towers left to go. Then I can start on the bookcases and the roll-top desk.

Time for bed! G'night!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #440

Raini, just think how good you will feel when you get all this done! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #441

Quote:
Raini, just think how good you will feel when you get all this done! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know... but it will probably take months to get everything inside back to "normal." And I was working my WL program so hard that I didn't have time for any organizing. Now I'm not having time for exercising!

I just stopped by to use the 'puter to find the recipe for cream cheese pancakes. Now the guys have come to put on the rest of the gutters... they weren't supposed to come back until Monday... so I'm gonna have to get dressed before I can fix my breakfast. (Nothing like having guys hang over your windows when you're in your jammies!) I didn't want to get dressed first because I still need to take a shower and wash my hair. Ugh... one more thing to do before I can get on with my day.

So... we have this big meeting at noon, and when it's over I need to come home and work on my menu for the potluck this evening. Hope I have some time for working on my office in there sometime! a Lady I know was gonna help me organize my office, but so far has been busy when she thought she was coming over. Now I'm thinking it's better for me to do it by myself, since I want to scrub everything down that's been in the container since November. (We found dead spiders, a live moth, mold [either from the container or because the stuff in my office sat there for several days witha snow storm and no roof!] dirt, etc. I want everything CLEAN!)

So, I'm off... Have a great day!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #443

Here's a tip I think is a wonderful tool . . .

First off . . . prioritize. Find out what's most important in your life and make that your priority.

Secondly . . . whatever is not # one on your list is important, but does not take precidence . . . that's when you can follow the 15 minute rule. Set your timer for 15 minutes and 15 minutes only . . . then start doing your thing, whether it is unpacking, cleaning the unpacked, or sorting it . . . whatever . . . you do that for 15 minutes only and when your timer goes off, you're done, even if you're only halfway through a job. You can do this one time a day . . . twice a day . . . three times a day . . . but the thing is to NOT let this thing rule or run your life. There are other things more important to do.

Try this and live long and prosper.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #444

Quote:
Here's a tip I think is a wonderful tool . . .

First off . . . prioritize. Find out what's most important in your life and make that your priority.

Secondly . . . whatever is not # one on your list is important, but does not take precidence . . . that's when you can follow the 15 minute rule. Set your timer for 15 minutes and 15 minutes only . . . then start doing your thing, whether it is unpacking, cleaning the unpacked, or sorting it . . . whatever . . . you do that for 15 minutes only and when your timer goes off, you're done, even if you're only halfway through a job. You can do this one time a day . . . twice a day . . . three times a day . . . but the thing is to NOT let this thing rule or run your life. There are other things more important to do.

Try this and live long and prosper.
NANU NANU.. oh wait.. thats Mork and MIndy..
Old 01-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #445

Raini? I was looking for you this morning to post, but you weren't here. I hope everything is okay with you this weekend.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #446

Quote:
Raini? I was looking for you this morning to post, but you weren't here. I hope everything is okay with you this weekend.
I am betting she is busy unpacking..
Old 01-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #447

Why didn't I think of that!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am betting she is busy unpacking..
Oh yeah.... that's what I've been doin'....

The 15 minute at a time thing would be a good idea if there wasn't so much of it to be done! It has to be a priority because we can't get back to "normal" until most of it is finished. The boxes in the halls and loft can't be put away until I get the stuff done in my office... kind of a rule I made for myself, because if they get put in there without the other stuff getting done, the other stuff will never get done.

Tomorrow is "off-island" all day, but some kind of fun stuff will get done, too. I get to pick out fabric for curtains and for a table skirt for my craft table. Dh wants me to get busy with my list, so I need to get going on that.

TTYL! Have a great Monday!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #449

You too, Sweetie!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #450

.. take care of YOU!