Hiya D!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I spent way too much time on the computer today, but I got a lot done. I made reservations for a hotel near our son's house. We'll be having dinner with ds and ddil on Friday. But first we have to go say good-bye to our friend who is dying. And I'm sorry to make him wait, but he'd better not go until I've said good-bye!

I also made a list of all the errands we have to do while we're in Portland. And I made a list of where we will be eating and what I'll be eating. For instance, the breakfast buffet at the hotel does not have anything I can have except hard boiled eggs. I KNOW I'm not going to be happy watching dh eating biscuits and gravy while I have a hb egg. So I'm taking either bacon or sausage to heat up, and some flax cereal to which I can just add hot water and cream.

Saturday we're having lunch with ds #1 at a Chinese buffet. I'm taking an Atkins bar just in case this one is as bad as the other one we went to when we were in Portland last time. I totally blew it then because the only foods that would have been okay on a LC plan were so awful that I couldn't eat them. Ended up eating lots of carbs that didn't taste any better than the LC foods.

After all the computer stuff I did, I actually exercised a got all my other stuff done. We'll be having dinner soon, and hope to get some Kinect exercise in before BL this evening.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did all of my sessions on the rebounder today, and my 20 minute exercise video. I guess I did about everything on my daily LC "To Do" list except for drink enough water. I don't know why I'm having a problem with that.

I just got home from choir practice and dh is on the phone with one of his sisters... the blind one that calls all the time. He usually won't answer it, so I end up talking to her. I don't mind it, but I think he needs to talk to her once in awhile. Guess she caught him tonight!

The TV isn't on, so hopefully that means there's nothing he wants to watch and maybe we can do the Kinect tonight.

Craft day tomorrow. I don't have any projects ready and I don't have any food ready. I really miss all my friends when I don't go, but I don't want to sit there with nothing to do. <sigh> And I have a lot to do here to get ready for our trip on Friday.

Well, here's hopin' for Kinect!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, it's quiet in here! Did I forget to take out the garbage with the old fish in it? <sniff sniff>

We played Kinect for almost 2 hours. Dh really surprised me by not wanting to shut down the games and watch the news at 10 pm. He's a real news hound and almost never misses it!

I'm getting better at horse racing every day, but I still haven't beat dd's boyfriend's top score. Soon I hope! I finally beat everyone's top score at boxing. Yay me! I beat dh at skiing, but he beat me at Bocci Ball. We both did pretty good at the QB football throwing. We only stopped because it was 11 pm and the cats wanted us to go to bed!

I'm trying to stay off the 'puter at night, but had an urgent letter to send to our insurance adjuster. That's done, and I just sort of wandered over here...

Okay... one Scrabble game and I'm off to bed. Really!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:12 AM   #395
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Sorry Raini, went to bed early last night . . .

gotta fly . . . we'll talk tonight, I hope.
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 AM   #396

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I did all of my sessions on the rebounder today, and my 20 minute exercise video. I guess I did about everything on my daily LC "To Do" list except for drink enough water. I don't know why I'm having a problem with that.

I just got home from choir practice and dh is on the phone with one of his sisters... the blind one that calls all the time. He usually won't answer it, so I end up talking to her. I don't mind it, but I think he needs to talk to her once in awhile. Guess she caught him tonight!

The TV isn't on, so hopefully that means there's nothing he wants to watch and maybe we can do the Kinect tonight.

Craft day tomorrow. I don't have any projects ready and I don't have any food ready. I really miss all my friends when I don't go, but I don't want to sit there with nothing to do. <sigh> And I have a lot to do here to get ready for our trip on Friday.

Well, here's hopin' for Kinect!
Scrap booking is crafty.. maybe you can do one on your weight loss as well.. ?.. If you don't want to do it with your friends there.. I get it.. but maybe of pictures of the kids..? .. just a suggestion
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Scrap booking is crafty.. maybe you can do one on your weight loss as well.. ?.. If you don't want to do it with your friends there.. I get it.. but maybe of pictures of the kids..? .. just a suggestion
I guess I didn't explain it very well... I have an entire room of projects to do (scrap booking included!) WHEN I have my room back. But right now everything is in the storage pod and I don't have any way to get my stuff.

Just learned from the insurance company that the entire roof will be replaced and the entire house will be painted. Our contractor had said that the insurance companies never pay for that. The inspector said they should. I asked them, and they will! The subject came up because the inspector said that it looks like we have black plastic over the roof of our house. I said No, that's the old roof. He asked why they weren't replacing the whole roof. Then he made a comment about how painting the house would take awhile (we were discussing the % of work completed) and I said they were just going to paint where there was new siding. Again, he said there was no way to match ip up and the whole thing should be painted. The insurance company agrees! So, I'm disappointed that we have to put up with more noise and interruptions in our lives, but thankful that the job will be done right and our house won't look like it's pieced together like a quilt!

BBL
Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #398

Quote:
I guess I didn't explain it very well... I have an entire room of projects to do (scrap booking included!) WHEN I have my room back. But right now everything is in the storage pod and I don't have any way to get my stuff.Just learned from the insurance company that the entire roof will be replaced and the entire house will be painted. Our contractor had said that the insurance companies never pay for that. The inspector said they should. I asked them, and they will! The subject came up because the inspector said that it looks like we have black plastic over the roof of our house. I said No, that's the old roof. He asked why they weren't replacing the whole roof. Then he made a comment about how painting the house would take awhile (we were discussing the % of work completed) and I said they were just going to paint where there was new siding. Again, he said there was no way to match ip up and the whole thing should be painted. The insurance company agrees! So, I'm disappointed that we have to put up with more noise and interruptions in our lives, but thankful that the job will be done right and our house won't look like it's pieced together like a quilt!

BBL
ohh ok.. I gotcha .. ..

funny how people try to cut corners when they do work to make an extra buck.. grrrrr.. I am happy the house will look great !!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #399

A patch-work quilted house. That brought an interesting image to mind.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #400

Get back here to page one... what am I gonna do about you girls.. lolololol
hope your having a good trip
Old 01-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #401

You gotta keep us in line, there, Ms. Lisa.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
You gotta keep us in line, there, Ms. Lisa.
Yeah.. well , somebody has to..
Old 01-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #403

OUCH! STOP! OUCHIE!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #404

Quote:
OUCH! STOP! OUCHIE!

and dont you forget it !!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #405

Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I, too, had a "cheat" meal and it was a slippery slope downhill afterward. My left knee has swollen to the size of a cantalope and feels like someone hit me in the knee with a hammer. My ankles are swollen, too. I've spent all day in bed, and then ate more stuff I shouldn't have eaten because I wasn't able to get up and fix a healthy meal. And I'm in no shape to exercise. But I read the quotes in D's journal, and hope I can get back on track in the morning.

G'night...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #407

Quote:
Well, I, too, had a "cheat" meal and it was a slippery slope downhill afterward. My left knee has swollen to the size of a cantalope and feels like someone hit me in the knee with a hammer. My ankles are swollen, too. I've spent all day in bed, and then ate more stuff I shouldn't have eaten because I wasn't able to get up and fix a healthy meal. And I'm in no shape to exercise. But I read the quotes in D's journal, and hope I can get back on track in the morning.

G'night...
sorry your knee is bad.. geesh.. your the 3rd person I know who's knees are bothering them....

have a better today sweetie pie.. and take care of that knee AND your nutrition!!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #408

Man, too bad about the knee, Raini. Have you seen those ice packs at Walgreens where the ice pack actually slips inside this sleeve and you can wrap it around the leg and velcro it so that it won't slide off? I LOVE mine! I have two because . . . well. . . I have two knees.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Man, too bad about the knee, Raini. Have you seen those ice packs at Walgreens where the ice pack actually slips inside this sleeve and you can wrap it around the leg and velcro it so that it won't slide off? I LOVE mine! I have two because . . . well. . . I have two knees.
I have one of those for my arms. Didn't even think of icing my knee... probably because I was so tired and cold anyway.

My knee still hurts, but it isn't as swollen as it was. I walked "briskly" for 25 minutes with five more minutes for a cool-down. I didn't do my exercise video or any of my sessions on the Rebounder yet because I'd have an audience from the backyard. One of our friends is back there cutting up wood with dh. I thought he'd be gone by now, but he's still there.

Okay (big breath.) Here it is-- I gained two pounds this week. I know I have swelling, so there is probably water weight there. But I should be seeing some losses, and I am very discouraged. But I'm not giving up. I've looked over my food diaries and I am doing some tweaking. I'm going to try to cut out all of the mixed nuts... maybe even stick a big note on the jar. (I'm still using a few nuts in some of my recipes... pecans or walnuts only.) And I'm going to try to cut back on the SF treats. I had tea with no sweetener in it... I'd like to get used to drinking it without sweetener, at least for awhile.

Dh says we'll do some Kinect this evening, but his shoulders are bothering him and my knee is bothering me. Not sure what we can do that will be good for both of us, but we'll give it a try.

BBL... probably...
Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #410

Another idea, since you're keeping track of your menu's, is to plug your numbers into ****** and see what your calorie count is averaging. Remember, calories in vs. calories out, even with low carbing.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Another idea, since you're keeping track of your menu's, is to plug your numbers into ****** and see what your calorie count is averaging. Remember, calories in vs. calories out, even with low carbing.
Most of my entries have been done with "custom foods" and in the past I hadn't entered calories. But that's a good idea, and if I can sit long enough today I might go back in and edit some of the entries to add the calories. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #412

No problem . . . I just know that if I don't watch my cals, whether low carbin' or low fattin' (huh?) I will ALWAYS take in too many calories.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay... been busy over on ******. Calories came to a little under 1200 but carbs came to a little under 12. I know I'm supposed to be closer to 20, but not sure how to get there! I had a salad with dinner.

I also figured out sodium, but don't remember what the total was. I may go back and look if dh isn't too antsy about me coming to watch TV with him right now.

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs, two pieces uncured bacon and 1 t. SF catsup. There was a snack of one piece bacon about halfway between breakfast and lunch.

Lunch was Sassy Chicken Salad. I had 1 piece of Choco Perfection after lunch.
I had an appetizer of LC Tomato Soup before dinner.

Dinner was a salad with SF raspberry vinaigrette and 4 ounces of salmon w/cheese sauce. I had some chocolate almond bark after dinner... hadn't planned on so many treats, but was lured by the promise of it not affecting blood sugars.

I have three more glasses of water to drink.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #414

Quote:
Okay... been busy over on ******. Calories came to a little under 1200 but carbs came to a little under 12. I know I'm supposed to be closer to 20, but not sure how to get there! I had a salad with dinner.

I also figured out sodium, but don't remember what the total was. I may go back and look if dh isn't too antsy about me coming to watch TV with him right now.

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs, two pieces uncured bacon and 1 t. SF catsup. There was a snack of one piece bacon about halfway between breakfast and lunch.

Lunch was Sassy Chicken Salad. I had 1 piece of Choco Perfection after lunch.
I had an appetizer of LC Tomato Soup before dinner.

Dinner was a salad with SF raspberry vinaigrette and 4 ounces of salmon w/cheese sauce. I had some chocolate almond bark after dinner... hadn't planned on so many treats, but was lured by the promise of it not affecting blood sugars.

I have three more glasses of water to drink.
WHEN I first read this , I thought it said.. wine...I was like,, dang girl.. you go... I'm not a drinker myself.. but doesn't wine have carbs? sugar?.. good thing it was water..
Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wine? Hon, I'm not a drinker, and half a glass would have me knocked on my bum! Three MORE glasses? I'd be "out" til Friday!

I ended up drinking just one more, 'cuz 1. It was too close to bedtime and I didn't want to be up all night running to the lil girls room and 2. My legs were already cramping, and when I take my "water pill" I have to take a prescription potassium. It's not enough to stop the cramps, but it also says I can't take any other postassium when I'm taking it. So I knew if I drank more water I'd be severely cramping... I've done that a couple of times and can't believe how painul it is.

I got a slow start today... slept til nearly 11 and have no idea why, other than my body must have needed it. Breakfast was at 11:30, which will throw all my other meals off schedule, too.

Our house is full of sub-contractors (again) so I'm hiding in our room. Today should be the last of the interior work... except for one more door that needs to be replaced. All the interior construction, trim work and painting will be finished today (I hope!) Thursday all the stuff comes back in from storage, so I suppose I'll be swamped until it's all reorganized and put away. If I survive that, maybe life will return to some kind of normal again. (What is the definition for "normal" anyway?)

Dh almost had me invite company for dinner and Kinect tonight, then (just in time!) remembered that Biggest Loser is on tonight. I love that he loves that show! I'm hoping to get all my exercising done somehow before the show, because I always feel better about myself if I've already eaten right and exercised before I watch all the contestants having to exercise.

Ugh... too many interruptions while I'm trying to post. I started this about 45 minutes ago. Maybe BBL....
Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #416

same here with the wine..lol..

D and I are gonna hit the gym before the show.. then get subway to eat while we watch.hehehe.... ..

can't wait
Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #417

We're gonna have a gooooooooooood night! And I sincerely and dearly hope you have one too, Raini!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
same here with the wine..lol..

D and I are gonna hit the gym before the show.. then get subway to eat while we watch.hehehe.... ..

can't wait
Can you swing by the island and drop Subway off for me, too?
Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #419

Sure! Now which Island is that? The one on the left or the right? I always get them confused . . .
Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sure! Now which Island is that? The one on the left or the right? I always get them confused . . .
It's the one on the left. This is how you tell the difference... if they frisk you when you get on the ferry, you're heading to the wrong island!