Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
You may tag along my sweets,, .. it will be fun and we can do this gilry!!..

those 8 pounds will be off in no time flat!..
I sure hope so!

I got a late start for beakfast... had construction people in my house when I wanted to eat. But I fixed a 1 minute muffin (half flax, half almond meal) and had that with water and all my meds, vitamins and supplements. Then did one session on the Rebounder.

Not sure what lunch will be. I'm fixing hard boiled eggs right now, so I'll probably have at least one of them. Maybe chicken or tuna salad, too? Or maybe just egg salad.

Still working on dinner plans. BBL
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I sure hope so!

I got a late start for beakfast... had construction people in my house when I wanted to eat. But I fixed a 1 minute muffin (half flax, half almond meal) and had that with water and all my meds, vitamins and supplements. Then did one session on the Rebounder.

Not sure what lunch will be. I'm fixing hard boiled eggs right now, so I'll probably have at least one of them. Maybe chicken or tuna salad, too? Or maybe just egg salad.

Still working on dinner plans. BBL
I need to make my flax muffins.. .. thanks for the reminder.. .. I read in my ww mag that women who eat flax.. their chances of breast cancer goes down...
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
I need to make my flax muffins.. .. thanks for the reminder.. .. I read in my ww mag that women who eat flax.. their chances of breast cancer goes down...
And thank YOU for reminding me about one of the very important reasons I NEED to eat flax! I used to make these muffins quite often, and also ate hot flax cereal for breakfast quite a bit of the time. Haven't been doing either for quite awhile, and need to get back to both.

Just finished my second set on the Rebounder and 20 minutes of exercise with the video. Still need to do BL w/Bob... honestly can't say I'm looking forward to it. But the Kinect games will be fun. Waiting for dh to get home to set up Kinect. (And I need to learn how to do it for myself... Dh does "random" turn on-turn off-try this-does this work? method. I want to push two or three buttons and get started!)
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #334
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
And thank YOU for reminding me about one of the very important reasons I NEED to eat flax! I used to make these muffins quite often, and also ate hot flax cereal for breakfast quite a bit of the time. Haven't been doing either for quite awhile, and need to get back to both.

Just finished my second set on the Rebounder and 20 minutes of exercise with the video. Still need to do BL w/Bob... honestly can't say I'm looking forward to it. But the Kinect games will be fun. Waiting for dh to get home to set up Kinect. (And I need to learn how to do it for myself... Dh does "random" turn on-turn off-try this-does this work? method. I want to push two or three buttons and get started!)
I have no idea about the kinecks.. we dont have one yet.,.. but I am sure the guys will soon..lol.. but if it makes you feel better.. I still have kayden or dh fix up my wii.... it makes them feel needed..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #335
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
So what kind of hours do you keep??? Your state is still on Daylight Savings time, right? So you are either one hour or two hours ahead of me, and your post was at 11-something at night. So do you work nights? And exercise before you go to work?
It was 2:45 am when I posted to you this morning and I had just awakened to go to the gym. I work days and workout before I go to work. I'm going to try to get to bed really early so I can have some quality sleep.

Quote:
And I still want to look at all the rules for the BL Challenge. I may not be in the right part of the country, but I'd like to try to tag along!

Things have got to get better, right???
We'd LOVE to have you play along, Raini!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Not that I'm spending all day here at the PC, but it is much closer now that it's downstairs, so certainly more accessible than before. But I'm staying close today to keep tabs on my progress... which now includes an hour of Kinect.... horseback riding, soccer, skiing, boxing and (gag) hang-gliding. I'm getting much better at horseback riding and the jumps- it's probably my best sport. I really and truly suck at hang-gliding and crash every single time. And I was awful at skiing until today... really put my mind to it and kept going when I wanted to quit.

Bob Harper can just sit in that Kinect and wait until I'm ready to see him again. I just don't think I want to make "him" part of my required daily routine yet. I'm getting plenty of other exercise and enjoying it more without him! Sorry, Bob!

Not too happy with dh at the moment. I asked him hours ago to pick up some celery for me at the store. He said, "Later." Now I'm about an hour and a half past when I'd like to have had lunch, and celery was an important part of it. Now it will be time for dinner before I eat lunch!

Everything else is on track, though. I'm feeling great today, no matter what the scales have to say about it!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #337
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Do you know I dreamed that Bob Harper was going to train me the other night. I woke up before he actually had the chance to. BTW, I was on the green team.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #338
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Not that I'm spending all day here at the PC, but it is much closer now that it's downstairs, so certainly more accessible than before. But I'm staying close today to keep tabs on my progress... which now includes an hour of Kinect.... horseback riding, soccer, skiing, boxing and (gag) hang-gliding. I'm getting much better at horseback riding and the jumps- it's probably my best sport. I really and truly suck at hang-gliding and crash every single time. And I was awful at skiing until today... really put my mind to it and kept going when I wanted to quit.

Bob Harper can just sit in that Kinect and wait until I'm ready to see him again. I just don't think I want to make "him" part of my required daily routine yet. I'm getting plenty of other exercise and enjoying it more without him! Sorry, Bob!

Not too happy with dh at the moment. I asked him hours ago to pick up some celery for me at the store. He said, "Later." Now I'm about an hour and a half past when I'd like to have had lunch, and celery was an important part of it. Now it will be time for dinner before I eat lunch!

Everything else is on track, though. I'm feeling great today, no matter what the scales have to say about it!
Ohh Bob can wait..lol.. your doing awesome Raini..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #339
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Isn't she, though!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Why thank you, thank you...

This is my last official entry for the day. I have had all my water, done all my exercise, taken all my meds, supplements and vitamins. I have logged in ****** and here. I have eaten NO nuts! (Whew... that was a tough one!) I feel.... (say it, Tony!) GRRrreat!!!

Just soaked in the tub... a special treat because I just usually shower and taking the time to soak felt really nice.

I'm going to try to ignore the computer when I'm on my way to bed tonight... no last peaks, I HOPE. I've been staying up too late and then been too wound up to sleep well.

Gonna check in on my pals before I leave the PC...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Do you know I dreamed that Bob Harper was going to train me the other night. I woke up before he actually had the chance to. BTW, I was on the green team.
Was that a dream or a nightmare???
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:55 AM   #342
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Why thank you, thank you...

This is my last official entry for the day. I have had all my water, done all my exercise, taken all my meds, supplements and vitamins. I have logged in ****** and here. I have eaten NO nuts! (Whew... that was a tough one!) I feel.... (say it, Tony!) GRRrreat!!!

Just soaked in the tub... a special treat because I just usually shower and taking the time to soak felt really nice.

I'm going to try to ignore the computer when I'm on my way to bed tonight... no last peaks, I HOPE. I've been staying up too late and then been too wound up to sleep well.

Gonna check in on my pals before I leave the PC...
Kuddos on not going nuts!

And I have to say, with all the men around lately, soaking in the tub just hasn't been possible. I'm glad you finally were able to get some quality time with it last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Was that a dream or a nightmare???
Actually, I was looking forward to it and was disappointed when I awoke, but that was in my dream . . . in reality I don't want Bob or Jillian within spitting distance! I don't like the way they push people . . . you wouldn't treat an animal the way they treat people. If they did, they would probably be put in jail or heavily fined for their inhumane treatment. I mean, pushing someone outside their comfort zone is one thing, but I've seen them go WAY beyond that . . . Lisa probably gets tired of me complaining about them . . .
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I really enjoyed watching BL last night, and am looking forward to the start of the new season tonight. But I think Bob or Jillian would kill me before I could lose even a pound!

Something sure seems to be working with their methods, though. Did you see what the doctor had to say? But it does make me wonder-- what is it they see in the people they accept for their program that they don't see in the people they turn down??? How can they possibly know which people will be successful on their program and which ones might fail?

*******
So, today got off to a slow start. Why do I seem to need to sleep so late some days, yet can get by with 3-5 hours other nights? (Not that I ever do that intentionally... just when I can't sleep and then have to get up whether I like it or not.) I was in bed last night by a few minutes after midnight, and then up to use the bathroom at 2:30. Got back to sleep right away; but woke up at 6-something and didn't get back to sleep until after 8. Then slept until 10:30. So maybe around 9 hours of sleep, but broken up. Seems a big waste of hours in my day!

I have done one session on my Rebounder, and taken all my meds, vitamins and supplements. Then I had to call our mortgage company and find out why they haven't paid any of what they owe to the contractor. (Grrrr!) Also did some dishes, vacuuming and dusting. Still need to get all my other exercising done.

BBL
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #344
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I really enjoyed watching BL last night, and am looking forward to the start of the new season tonight. But I think Bob or Jillian would kill me before I could lose even a pound!

Something sure seems to be working with their methods, though. Did you see what the doctor had to say? But it does make me wonder-- what is it they see in the people they accept for their program that they don't see in the people they turn down??? How can they possibly know which people will be successful on their program and which ones might fail?

*******
So, today got off to a slow start. Why do I seem to need to sleep so late some days, yet can get by with 3-5 hours other nights? (Not that I ever do that intentionally... just when I can't sleep and then have to get up whether I like it or not.) I was in bed last night by a few minutes after midnight, and then up to use the bathroom at 2:30. Got back to sleep right away; but woke up at 6-something and didn't get back to sleep until after 8. Then slept until 10:30. So maybe around 9 hours of sleep, but broken up. Seems a big waste of hours in my day!

I have done one session on my Rebounder, and taken all my meds, vitamins and supplements. Then I had to call our mortgage company and find out why they haven't paid any of what they owe to the contractor. (Grrrr!) Also did some dishes, vacuuming and dusting. Still need to get all my other exercising done.

BBL
That just sounds funny to me..lol.. we JUST got done watching BL..

but I don't remember anything about what a Doc said.... did I miss something?.. now I need to see if D saw any doc?.. did ya D?.. I feel like I am losing it.. and I dont mean weight..

Geesh hurry D..lol.. no take your time.. we don't want any wrecks ..

I know what you mean about the sleep.. thats me.. just about every night.. crazy huh... I hope to get some sleep tonight.. I've been tired all dern day...

KUTGW!!
__________________
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
/▌*˛˚ღ •˚✿˚…Just sprinkling some Lve… ~♥~˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚*✿˚ ★ღ GD BLESS
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #345
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Huh? Lisa, were we talking during that?

Fill us in, Raini . . . we're clueless!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #346
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Huh? Lisa, were we talking during that?

Fill us in, Raini . . . we're clueless!
ok good.. I am not losing it..lol.. I wonder if she has already started watching it.. like last week or something was her first week.. and we are a week behind her? cause I did not see or hear anything about a doctor...lol
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #347
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
No clue . . . Raini, you've got us stumped.


Going to bed now . . . night night all . . .
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #348
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
No clue . . . Raini, you've got us stumped.


Going to bed now . . . night night all . . .
nighttttt
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
No clue . . . Raini, you've got us stumped.
I was talking about the interview they did with the doctor they use for the contestants. He was quoting other medical professionals, and how they said something like this, and of this magnitude, couldn't be done. That morbidly obese people couldn't lose weight like they actually have on BL. And how thousands of people across the country have been inspired to get healthy because of the show.

As for tonight, I was ashamed of Bob and the way he treated the 500 lb. + guy. Putting his foot on top of him like he was a beached whale! Sure, he took him outside later and showed some compassion; but standing there with his foot on him and shouting "How much do you weigh?" over and over really ticked me off.

************
So, I did really well today... with room for improvement. I did two sessions, plus part of one more, on my Rebounder. I'd like to aim for three full sessions a day on it. I also did my 20 minute video work out, but nothing with Kinect. However, I did vacuum a LOT... all of the downstairs and some of it two and three times. All in all, I was very active today. Still wish I'd gotten in more official exercise.

As for food, I ate breakfast too late again, and it was dinner time before I got around to eating lunch. I didn't eat anything off plan, but I did have one handful of nuts. I'm not worried about one handful... I'm worried about when I start with a handful and then can't stop. I also had 1/2 of a Diet ICE drink, which is technically okay, but not on my list of the healthiest things to drink.

I did drink all of my water, and then some. Just hope I'm not visiting the little girl's room all night...

Trying to get to bed earlier... <sigh>
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #350
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hmm.. I must have missed that about the docs? oh well..

and I heard Bob asking him that.. but didn't notice his foot on him.. and I agree.. it was mean.. .. I felt sorry for the fella..

Great job on the exercise.. ..

I made may trips to the lil girls room all night.. so... grrr..lol..

have a lovely day
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Grrrr! Woke up with men all over my house today.... literally "all over." On the roof, in the mudroom, in my office, in the hall... So I stayed in bed and watched Marc Marone talk about pets. Then all the guys left at once to help with something going on in the Sound... not sure what that was about, but it got them out of the house long enough for me to get breakfast! Yay! I had two scrambled eggs with bacon (my mom used to call those "Bakey-eggs" and it only counted as that if the bacon was chopped up and then fried, and then the eggs were poured over top to cook.)

So I got on my rebounder and was half way through my first session when the guys all stormed back into the house. Now, I like our "open concept" where the kitchen and Great Room all run together, but it gives me no privacy for exercising. So when I heard them come in the mudroom, I raced back to the master suite. (At least I have an area to hide! LOL) I can tell you that two of our cats are NOT happy to be in here. The other is probably hiding in the closet.

I guess I'll take my shower now and then get re-dressed. By the time they all leave I'll be able to get back to business. Meanwhile, I can get my hair washed and maybe work on menus or recipes or something.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #352
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Have they given you a date yet as to when they expect everything to be finished.

Here's a hint . . . if they say "two weeks" be VERY afraid!! (It's a line from the movie The Money Pit with Tom Hanks.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #353
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Grrrr! Woke up with men all over my house today.... literally "all over." On the roof, in the mudroom, in my office, in the hall... So I stayed in bed and watched Marc Marone talk about pets. Then all the guys left at once to help with something going on in the Sound... not sure what that was about, but it got them out of the house long enough for me to get breakfast! Yay! I had two scrambled eggs with bacon (my mom used to call those "Bakey-eggs" and it only counted as that if the bacon was chopped up and then fried, and then the eggs were poured over top to cook.)

So I got on my rebounder and was half way through my first session when the guys all stormed back into the house. Now, I like our "open concept" where the kitchen and Great Room all run together, but it gives me no privacy for exercising. So when I heard them come in the mudroom, I raced back to the master suite. (At least I have an area to hide! LOL) I can tell you that two of our cats are NOT happy to be in here. The other is probably hiding in the closet.

I guess I'll take my shower now and then get re-dressed. By the time they all leave I'll be able to get back to business. Meanwhile, I can get my hair washed and maybe work on menus or recipes or something.
I so feel for you.. man your gonna be excited when its all done they the men are all gone!.. look for that silver lining...

Where our bedroom is.. used to me a garage... and there is a door to the outside that EVERYONE uses.... D.. your ok.. let me explain..

I cannot have my room to myself when I am in there because people.. ( family) go in and out that door.. when they can use the front door.. like this am.. the MIL was here .. so I stayed in my room with the door shut..( the one between the bedroom and the kitchen..).. so I get hungry after a while.. came out to potty.. make me something and I was gonna hide away again..lol.. what does the MIL do but open the door.. put the prop in the way and start using my other door to go in and out to smoke.... NO time to myself when I want it..

Kids AND mil always on my computer.. which is inside our walk in closet..,, no MO time when I want it.. ok.. I'm done venting.. .. plus side to yours is.. They have to leave sometime..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #354
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Are you serious!? She just opened the door and walked through? Okay . . . you've GOT to say something about this. That's totally unexceptable!

Just say: Here's the new rule: When the door is closed, you don't come in, through, or around.

Sheesh!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Are you serious!? She just opened the door and walked through? Okay . . . you've GOT to say something about this. That's totally unexceptable!

Just say: Here's the new rule: When the door is closed, you don't come in, through, or around.

Sheesh!
I have to agree... you need some space of your own. I do like my master suite, 'cuz it has "almost" everything I need in it to be comfy if the rest of the house has been invaded by company or workers. And there's no excuse for anyone cutting through here to get anywhere else, which I didn't realize just how important THAT was until you mentioned people going through your place!

I do get hungry, though... sometimes have to sneak out and forage for food! LOL
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
raini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: near the edge of an island
Posts: 4,367
Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
So mad I could spit! If I wanted to get sarcastic remarks and be disrespected, I'd call my kids. I don't need construction workers to treat me like this!!!

So... the estimate was to replace the entire floor in my office, but the guy doing the floors just plans to do one corner. He said that's all the damage there was from the actual storm. Fine! So do they plan to give the rest of the money back to the insurance company??? So I ask how much more they would charge to finish the rest of the floor (damaged from furniture being moved, my office chair, etc.) It was an astronomical figure, even though we have the flooring all paid for from when we built the house. And when I told him that the insurance company was already paying for half the floor, not just a corner, he got all snotty and sarcastic with me.

And the new roof doesn't match the old roof. The main contractor said that it's because the old roof has faded, but that's not the case. It's the NEW roof that is a lighter color and it looks awful. Plus the roofer put a damaged piece back on (which I may have whined about already) because... oh, poo, I don't even KNOW what his excuse was!

We didn't even want this roofer here. He has a bad reputation and always has a reason why he can't stay around to work: too hot, too cold, just right-- for fishing, but not for roofing! The only day he stayed around to work for more than three hours was the day his boss (our main contractor) was working just about a block away. He knew he'd be watching, so he stayed and worked. DH finally asked if some of the framers could come over and help with the roof, just so the roofer will stay and work.

It's also unnerving to see a ladder come sliding off the roof. I had no idea if anyone was on it until it hit the ground. And it missed one of our huge windows in the Great Room by just inches. This guy is so careless it will be a miracle if he doesn't get injured or killed.

And the piles of garbage in our yard! Dh made the guy promise to take it to the dump and/or recyclers last Sunday or Monday, and it didn't get done. Our yard never looked like this before-- not even when we were building it because we always cleaned up at the end of each day. I hate living like this.

I like our contractor, but there are only two of his workers I would ever let touch our place again. Well, the mouthy one's wife is okay, and the mouthy one and his wife both do an okay job. But he has unleashed his sarcasm one too many times, and I won't put up with it again.

I had a very late breakfast of minute-muffins-made-in-the-oven-instead-of-microwave. Probably would have been good if I'd remembered to put the sweetener in.

No exercise yet. No meds or vitamins yet. No WATER yet!!! What a day...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #357
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Are you serious!? She just opened the door and walked through? Okay . . . you've GOT to say something about this. That's totally unexceptable!

Just say: Here's the new rule: When the door is closed, you don't come in, through, or around.

Sheesh!
wait.. the answer to this question.. yesterday.. she waited till I came out to get something to eat.. then opened the door... propped it open and proceeded to go to the computer... TODAYYYY.. I made my brekki and made it to my computer before she did.. but I left my door shut and she came right on in.. its like.. shes outta bed.. so I can go in there,,

I stayed on MY computer till she left for work... hehehe ( little evil laugh).. she came back in once and said.. what are you doing... I said.. talking to my friends.. .....

ok with that said.. yes she usually does just come in there when the doors shut.. if its just me in there,, not with Chris in there..

so she may be a little aggravated .. who knows..lol.. usually she'll say,, I need to get on there before I go to work.. she doesn't NEED to do anything..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #358
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
So mad I could spit! If I wanted to get sarcastic remarks and be disrespected, I'd call my kids. I don't need construction workers to treat me like this!!!

So... the estimate was to replace the entire floor in my office, but the guy doing the floors just plans to do one corner. He said that's all the damage there was from the actual storm. Fine! So do they plan to give the rest of the money back to the insurance company??? So I ask how much more they would charge to finish the rest of the floor (damaged from furniture being moved, my office chair, etc.) It was an astronomical figure, even though we have the flooring all paid for from when we built the house. And when I told him that the insurance company was already paying for half the floor, not just a corner, he got all snotty and sarcastic with me.

And the new roof doesn't match the old roof. The main contractor said that it's because the old roof has faded, but that's not the case. It's the NEW roof that is a lighter color and it looks awful. Plus the roofer put a damaged piece back on (which I may have whined about already) because... oh, poo, I don't even KNOW what his excuse was!

We didn't even want this roofer here. He has a bad reputation and always has a reason why he can't stay around to work: too hot, too cold, just right-- for fishing, but not for roofing! The only day he stayed around to work for more than three hours was the day his boss (our main contractor) was working just about a block away. He knew he'd be watching, so he stayed and worked. DH finally asked if some of the framers could come over and help with the roof, just so the roofer will stay and work.

It's also unnerving to see a ladder come sliding off the roof. I had no idea if anyone was on it until it hit the ground. And it missed one of our huge windows in the Great Room by just inches. This guy is so careless it will be a miracle if he doesn't get injured or killed.

And the piles of garbage in our yard! Dh made the guy promise to take it to the dump and/or recyclers last Sunday or Monday, and it didn't get done. Our yard never looked like this before-- not even when we were building it because we always cleaned up at the end of each day. I hate living like this.

I like our contractor, but there are only two of his workers I would ever let touch our place again. Well, the mouthy one's wife is okay, and the mouthy one and his wife both do an okay job. But he has unleashed his sarcasm one too many times, and I won't put up with it again.

I had a very late breakfast of minute-muffins-made-in-the-oven-instead-of-microwave. Probably would have been good if I'd remembered to put the sweetener in.

No exercise yet. No meds or vitamins yet. No WATER yet!!! What a day...
breathhhhh dear friend.. breaaaatthhhh.... I would have a nice long talk with his boss thats for sure!!..ugh
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #359
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Right around the corner from Lisa Monet'
Posts: 11,857
Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
So mad I could spit!
Breathe, Sweetie . . . breathe . . . then get on the phone to your insurance people . . . surely, since they already paid for the damage and such, then they should insure that the work they paid for is getting done, right?

Stay the course tonight! Be strong! Don't let them make you do something you shouldn't. Be in control and not a victim. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
yesterday.. she waited till I came out to get something to eat.. then opened the door... propped it open and proceeded to go to the computer...
Regardless . . . whether you're up or not, the rule should be, if the door is shut at ANY TIME, that means I want privacy and you should not enter. That would be a very good rule for your sanity and her health!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #360
Way too much time on my hands!
 
monet0329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: *Indiana*
Posts: 17,793
Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Breathe, Sweetie . . . breathe . . . then get on the phone to your insurance people . . . surely, since they already paid for the damage and such, then they should insure that the work they paid for is getting done, right?

Stay the course tonight! Be strong! Don't let them make you do something you shouldn't. Be in control and not a victim. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Regardless . . . whether you're up or not, the rule should be, if the door is shut at ANY TIME, that means I want privacy and you should not enter. That would be a very good rule for your sanity and her health!


tell me about it... !.. ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.