Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/315/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-30.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Be safe and have fun.
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Well, here it is... Christmas Eve. Not much happening here. Wish we had a Candle light Service on the island, but I know our church doesn't have one and I don't think the other Christian church does, either. Just dh and I alone this evening... I made Sauteed Zucchini with garlic, mushrooms and onions. He's grilling steaks out in the rain.

Dd and her boyfriend come tomorrow, I think.... unless they've changed their minds or the weather is bad over the mountains.

I had nightmares last night... I finally got on the scales and weighed over 999 pounds! I think I was trying to get weighed on a little meat scales like at the meat counter at the grocery store. I kept trying to tell the guy I really only weigh 845 pounds! Oh dear....

So I got on the scales this morning and have gained 5 pounds since the tree hit our house. A little cheat here, a little cheat there, no portion control. Too many nuts. It sure didn't feel like I was eating enough to gain that much weight in a month, but the scales don't lie. I guess stress can do that to a person.

So I'm back on track today. Good thing I weighed before the kids arrived, or else I'd probably eat like I did when they were here last summer and after Thanksgiving.

I bounced on the Rebounder today. Had green tea and a LC homemade cookie for breakfast, and a hard-boiled egg for a snack later on. Then I made some LC cheese crackers and had another hb egg. Dinner will be the steak and zucchini.

Time to eat! Mery Christmas!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #303

Like 845 pounds is much better than 999 pounds. On the scale it looks better, but I doubt you can actually see the difference. But it would be a nightmare to be either weight. I sometimes feel like I'm doomed to be one of those people who don't do anything with their lives except eat and sleep. Enough about me and my psychological knots.

You're probably retaining a lot of water, too . . . stress . . . lack of quality sleep . . . more stress . . . Raini, I think you're holding up incredibly under the circumstances, Sweetie.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #304

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
wow.. I sometimes feel like that too D.. its like if I didn't work or go shopping ( thats all I ever get to do).. I would be one of those people who can't get out of their homes.. ..

Raini.. I hope your kiddos get to come tomorrow sweetie.. and you have a Merry Christmas as well !!..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #305

I hope your day with family is enjoyable and stress free.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Surviving!!! Dd and her boyfriend showed up Christmas day around dinner time. Ds #3 and his wife will be hwere tomorrow, so we'll have "over-lapping" company for awhile. That will be nice... the young un's can keep each other company and poor ol' mom may get a nap!!!

We got Kinect for Christmas and also got several games. (And Biggest Loser!) Because it takes your picture while you're looking stupid, I've opted not to do it in front of the kids. But when they're gone... look out! I can hardly wait! Hang-gliding, boxing, horseback riding, here I come.

Not doing great food-wise, but I had such an awful reaction after the last party that I'm being extra careful about the wheat.

The dry-wall guys will be texturing tomorrow and painting soon after that. (Shouldn't the new floors go in first? I'll have to ask!) The new roof goes on tomorrow or Wednesday. It will be nice when everything is finished and I don't have a houseful of men in here everyday.

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss you guys!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #307

Miss you too, Raini.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Surviving!!! Dd and her boyfriend showed up Christmas day around dinner time. Ds #3 and his wife will be hwere tomorrow, so we'll have "over-lapping" company for awhile. That will be nice... the young un's can keep each other company and poor ol' mom may get a nap!!!

We got Kinect for Christmas and also got several games. (And Biggest Loser!) Because it takes your picture while you're looking stupid, I've opted not to do it in front of the kids. But when they're gone... look out! I can hardly wait! Hang-gliding, boxing, horseback riding, here I come.Not doing great food-wise, but I had such an awful reaction after the last party that I'm being extra careful about the wheat.

The dry-wall guys will be texturing tomorrow and painting soon after that. (Shouldn't the new floors go in first? I'll have to ask!) The new roof goes on tomorrow or Wednesday. It will be nice when everything is finished and I don't have a houseful of men in here everyday.

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss you guys!
It takes your picture??? wow.. this is for the xbox?? dh has one.. I have the wii.. .. I like the dance ones for wii.. hehehe.. but if we got the kinect.. wo0o0oho0o0..lol..

cant wait to see pictures of your sort of new house
Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aimee and her boyfriend left this morning. I miss my Dd already!! Boyfriend was getting a bit on my nerves... had a fit while we were playing cards because he made a mistake that cost him that hand. Way too serious about games!

Ds Tim and his wife are here until tomorrow. Tim seems kind of grouchy, but says he didn't sleep well because of construction dust. Also, guest bed for now is just a mattress on the floor in the guest room, but they knew that from last time. And no, it is not fun to wake up to construction noise, but we've been doing it for over a month now and we're not grouchy! I said, WE'RE NOT GROUCHY, did you hear me????!!!!!

We had Christmas dinner last night, so there are a lot of leftovers, including my LC Green Bean casserole. Too much fat in it for Ds.... ahhh, too bad! More for me! And lots of turkey. I already messed up breakfast by having "crisp rice cereal" because I've been craving a bowl of cereal and I'm not allergic to rice. As soon as I ate it I wished I hadn't, but then lunch is another meal.

Aimee left her gingerbread cookies here on purpose, and SIL sent over a huge container of fudge and a big box of cupcakes. We've been sending goodies out to the contruction workers but I'll be glad when all the junk food is out of here!

I'm usually sad when all my company is gone, but it will be nice to have the Kinect all to myself! Wah-ha-ha-ha!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #310

Oh yeah . . . I can tell you're not grouchy . . . not in the least bit . . .

Old 12-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #311

Quote:
Aimee and her boyfriend left this morning. I miss my Dd already!! Boyfriend was getting a bit on my nerves... had a fit while we were playing cards because he made a mistake that cost him that hand. Way too serious about games!

Ds Tim and his wife are here until tomorrow. Tim seems kind of grouchy, but says he didn't sleep well because of construction dust. Also, guest bed for now is just a mattress on the floor in the guest room, but they knew that from last time. And no, it is not fun to wake up to construction noise, but we've been doing it for over a month now and we're not grouchy! I said, WE'RE NOT GROUCHY, did you hear me????!!!!!

We had Christmas dinner last night, so there are a lot of leftovers, including my LC Green Bean casserole. Too much fat in it for Ds.... ahhh, too bad! More for me! And lots of turkey. I already messed up breakfast by having "crisp rice cereal" because I've been craving a bowl of cereal and I'm not allergic to rice. As soon as I ate it I wished I hadn't, but then lunch is another meal.

Aimee left her gingerbread cookies here on purpose, and SIL sent over a huge container of fudge and a big box of cupcakes. We've been sending goodies out to the contruction workers but I'll be glad when all the junk food is out of here!

I'm usually sad when all my company is gone, but it will be nice to have the Kinect all to myself! Wah-ha-ha-ha!

.. too funny..
Old 12-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey LISA! Ds Tim's verse is Isaiah 40:31! I can't ever read it without thinking of him. I had a Verse of the Day calendar one year, and pulled this one off of it just before going to one of his cross country meets. He was in his "leave me alone zone" just before the meet, but I marched over and handed him the page. He took first place that day, and that calendar page was handed all over the bleachers, along with the story of how Tim read it just before he ran that day. What a neat witness to all those non-Christians!

When Tim was a baby, he had bilateral metatarsal abductus... a long name for the way his feet curved in towards each other. (Not pigeon-toed... the feet themselves were curved.) He wore casts on his feet for a long time, and later had to wear special shoes and braces. The doctors said, "He'll never be a runner. Just be thankful he can walk." But Tim was a State champion and even went to Nationals. God knew better, huh?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woke up way too early this morning with my hands numb, then couldn't get back to sleep until 8am. Phone started ringing right after that and I finally gave up trying to sleep after three phone calls. Not that you could sleep around here with guys climbing ladders by our windows and loud machinery running. Arrggghhh.

Breakfast was Sugar Free Sheila's cream cheese pancakes with SF syrup and 1/2 piece of Jimmy Dean Sausage. Despite having company still here today, I'm going to try to stay 100% on program.

Planning to have leftover green bean casserole for lunch. Maybe salad and turkey for dinner?

Probably do stuff on Kinect today. Tim hooked it up to X Box Live, which we can do free for one month. Not sure why I'd want to, but it's all done now.

Our craft group is meeting at a different place today because the clubhouse is being used for a memorial service. I'd planned to go but I'm so late now I might not bother going. I really need to get cleaning done, which is difficult because of all the construction workers running in and out of here, and my laundry room is out of commision right now. I'm pretty ticked about that because the texturing was supposed to be done in there the beginning of the week. They haven't done more than 2 hours work in there all week and I need my laundry room!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #314

Quote:
Hey LISA! Ds Tim's verse is Isaiah 40:31! I can't ever read it without thinking of him. I had a Verse of the Day calendar one year, and pulled this one off of it just before going to one of his cross country meets. He was in his "leave me alone zone" just before the meet, but I marched over and handed him the page. He took first place that day, and that calendar page was handed all over the bleachers, along with the story of how Tim read it just before he ran that day. What a neat witness to all those non-Christians!

When Tim was a baby, he had bilateral metatarsal abductus... a long name for the way his feet curved in towards each other. (Not pigeon-toed... the feet themselves were curved.) He wore casts on his feet for a long time, and later had to wear special shoes and braces. The doctors said, "He'll never be a runner. Just be thankful he can walk." But Tim was a State champion and even went to Nationals. God knew better, huh?
so awesome !!!.. thanks for sharing!!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Didn't get any exercise on Kinect today. We watched movies and played games instead. Still nice to spend time with the kiddos. They leave on tomorrow's 11 am ferry.

We have a New Year's Eve party to go to at 6 pm tomorrow. Thinking about waiting until we've had dinner and skip the food part. I dunno. No will power these days and everything seems to be "just this onnce and then I'll get back on track." Neither is true... it's not once, because it happens again and again; and I don't get back on track. I keep screwing up.

I want a jump start on the New Year. I want to have a perfectly "clean" day and get exercise and everything. I want 2011 to be the year I FINALLY get the weight off and keep it off.

Lord, help me!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 AM   #316

Have a safe night, tonight, Raini.

Oh! And don't forget to watch this!

Last edited by dusk; 12-31-2010 at 02:31 AM..
Old 12-31-2010, 04:19 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Have a safe night, tonight, Raini.

Oh! And don't forget to watch this!

YouTube - Warhawk Matt Scott in Nike 'No Excuses' Commercial
WOW! I'm gonna look over all the excuses and see which ones I've used. I bet a lot of them!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #318

I know I've used quite a few of them myself and you can bet I'll still try to use some of them.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #319

Quote:
I know I've used quite a few of them myself and you can bet I'll still try to use some of them.
Oh I could add some to the list..:blush:
Old 12-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #320

Do tell . . . what ones would you add?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:26 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa, Ladies! Pray that I can't "legally" use this one in the morning: "I can't move!" We did almost three hours on Kinect this evening, and on one jump I had a terrible sickening feeling in my back. (Course it didn't stop me from playing. ) I've iced it awhile since, and may again at bedtime, but I just hope I didn't overdo it and have awful consequences to face.

Well, Happy Old Year. You all have gone before me into the New Year. I'm stuck back here in 2010. We decided to stay home this evening after having a house full of company for a week. We had three places to go and chose none of them.

I trained with Bob for 20 minutes on my new Kinect BL. Boy do I have a long way to go! It's not easy for me, even at beginner level. And getting the stupid thing set up took 25 minutes. It refused to recognize a hand wave from either Dh or myself. I wonder how many calories we burned waving at it to make it go to the next screen! It was really discouraging. I told Dh "When I have 20 or 30 minutes to exercise, it doesn't mean I have an extra 25 minutes to set it up." We got way more exercise from the games. Worked up a good sweat and could feel our hearts pumping. And I did really well on horseback riding for once. No- make that twice. The other day I did so poorly at it that I didn't even want to try again. But I did try again, and reaped the rewards of a great score!

I'm also good at soccer and boxing... got some of the highest scores in the family. I'm terrible at the river rafting, but I'm going to keep trying.

Tomorrow is supposed to be really, really cold but sunny. I asked Dh if we could go for a short walk. Then we'll work out with the Kinect. (He won't do BL, but he will play games!)

I'm going to print out a calendar for January as soon as I'm done here. I can document meals and exercise... maybe other health-related stuff, too.

35 minutes to the New Year... for us!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #322

Oh Raini! I hope you didn't do something terrible to your back! Please take care.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #323

Quote:
Oh Raini! I hope you didn't do something terrible to your back! Please take care.
Ditto..

sounds like you had some fun girly!!... .. just take yuor time and play every day and you'll get better and better .. and then maybe you can school Bob.... thats something to shoot for.. hehehe..

we stayed in as well.. played games with the kiddos.. ate snacky foods.. 2 more dayssssss..

Happy New Year my friend !
Old 01-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am feeling GREAT! A little muscle soreness, but not bad enough to stop me from moving forward. The ice must have helped, because I'm tellin' ya... I was hurting last night and could feel those muscles in my back.

So I'm on program today! I've had my meds and supplements, exercised on the Rebounder, had lots of water and plan to exercise more on the Rebounder and then with a video and then with Bob and finally with Kinect! We may not go for that walk today.
It's way below freezing out there and I'm a wuss. (Is "I'm a wuss" on the Nike list? )

Breakfast was an omelet with bacon, cheese, onions and mushrooms. Lunch was an Atkin's chocolate Royale shake w/ raspberry Davinci's. Dinner may be turkey soup or turkey salad. My choice is salad because I think it will satisfy me more than soup. Dh wants soup. We'll see.

I went to bed right after midnight, and was up at 4 am looking for my cough syrup. Ended up cleaning out an entire cupboard (which needed cleaning, so that was a good thing) but just found a teensy bottle with an even teensier amount of cough syrup in it. It was enough to stop the cough, so I went back to bed.

Gonna get back to exercising. Still need to look over Lisa and D's lists to see what I'm missing. I'm full-on program as of now, but no weigh-in until Monday.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #325

Let's see . . . I'm weak, I'm slow, I'm big, I'm fat . . . nope . . . no wuss.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #326

:blush:
Quote:
I am feeling GREAT! A little muscle soreness, but not bad enough to stop me from moving forward. The ice must have helped, because I'm tellin' ya... I was hurting last night and could feel those muscles in my back.

So I'm on program today! I've had my meds and supplements, exercised on the Rebounder, had lots of water and plan to exercise more on the Rebounder and then with a video and then with Bob and finally with Kinect! We may not go for that walk today.
It's way below freezing out there and I'm a wuss. (Is "I'm a wuss" on the Nike list? )

Breakfast was an omelet with bacon, cheese, onions and mushrooms. Lunch was an Atkin's chocolate Royale shake w/ raspberry Davinci's. Dinner may be turkey soup or turkey salad. My choice is salad because I think it will satisfy me more than soup. Dh wants soup. We'll see.

I went to bed right after midnight, and was up at 4 am looking for my cough syrup. Ended up cleaning out an entire cupboard (which needed cleaning, so that was a good thing) but just found a teensy bottle with an even teensier amount of cough syrup in it. It was enough to stop the cough, so I went back to bed.

Gonna get back to exercising. Still need to look over Lisa and D's lists to see what I'm missing. I'm full-on program as of now, but no weigh-in until Monday.
wow girl u r on it! I would make my salad then put the rest n some sojuup for him
Old 01-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Some posts missing again. What's that about?

So, today was good as far as eating goes, but could have been better. No cheating, but too many nuts. I think because I had breakfast on time, lunch on time, and then fell asleep between lunch and dinner. Woke up to hear Dh crunching on snack mix, and began craving nuts. I should have fixed dinner right then, but didn't until after the damage was done.

Breakfast was 2 eggs and some bacon. Lunch, at the restaurant here, was supposed to be porkchops but they ran out, so I had scrambled eggs with bacon, cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes. I told them not to bring me any fries or hashbrowns, and when she asked what toast I wanted, I had dh pick out what he wanted and gave mine to him. Perfect!

After eating too many nuts, I had a repeat of last night's dinner: mushrooms and turkey with the last of the LC green bean casserole. For dessert I had 1/2 of a small LC peanut butter cup. See? No cravings when I eat what I'm supposed to!

No exercise today. I think that Sundays will be an optional "day off," although I hope I'll usually be more active than I was today.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #328

Morning Raini. Or should I say good evening.

I just got up and will be heading for the gym shortly. Hope you have a wonderful sleep and a blessed tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning Raini. Or should I say good evening.

I just got up and will be heading for the gym shortly. Hope you have a wonderful sleep and a blessed tomorrow.
So what kind of hours do you keep??? Your state is still on Daylight Savings time, right? So you are either one hour or two hours ahead of me, and your post was at 11-something at night. So do you work nights? And exercise before you go to work?

When I worked at the hospital, I had a gym membership to a gym that was right next to the hospital. I started going there after work, but there were a couple of problems with that: first of all, it wound me up and then I couldn't sleep when I got home. But there were also some very rowdy kids that would show up and couldn't be controlled by the lone attendant that was on duty at night. They'd be pushing each other into the pool while I was trying to swim laps. Then some of the girls started swimming (okay, they didn't know how to swim... they just got into the pool and blocked the lanes) with their clothes on. When the attendant told them they couldn't swim in their clothes, they went back into the locker room and took off their clothes. Came back with just towels wrapped around them. Then got into the sauna without anything on! And this was not a women's-only club...

Also, the pool was too cold. Dh and I started going to the gym in the evenings if I wasn't working, and I'd go to the water areobics class. You don't want to be working out when the water is that cold, because muscles tense up and then get injured. And the water was consistently dirty and had chemicals out of balance. Dh came back to see how things were going, and we even brought our own thermometer from our pool. (We didn't need to test the chemicals, because the water was visably filthy!) The chemicals were at such an unsafe level that they had to close the pool down in the middle of the class. We, and others, kept calling the management and writing letters, but they never did take care of any of the problems.

So... today I started out by getting on the scales. How sad that was! I had to face an 8 POUND GAIN since the tree fell on our house!!! Not that I haven't gained before, but it is so discouraging to have to lose those same pounds all over again.

No sense in wallowing in self-pity or discouragement. Right now my plans are to figure out what foods I will eat today, and then get busy exercising. Later today I need to work on menus for the rest of the week. And I still want to look at all the rules for the BL Challenge. I may not be in the right part of the country, but I'd like to try to tag along!

Things have got to get better, right???
Old 01-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #330

Quote:
So what kind of hours do you keep??? Your state is still on Daylight Savings time, right? So you are either one hour or two hours ahead of me, and your post was at 11-something at night. So do you work nights? And exercise before you go to work?

When I worked at the hospital, I had a gym membership to a gym that was right next to the hospital. I started going there after work, but there were a couple of problems with that: first of all, it wound me up and then I couldn't sleep when I got home. But there were also some very rowdy kids that would show up and couldn't be controlled by the lone attendant that was on duty at night. They'd be pushing each other into the pool while I was trying to swim laps. Then some of the girls started swimming (okay, they didn't know how to swim... they just got into the pool and blocked the lanes) with their clothes on. When the attendant told them they couldn't swim in their clothes, they went back into the locker room and took off their clothes. Came back with just towels wrapped around them. Then got into the sauna without anything on! And this was not a women's-only club...

Also, the pool was too cold. Dh and I started going to the gym in the evenings if I wasn't working, and I'd go to the water areobics class. You don't want to be working out when the water is that cold, because muscles tense up and then get injured. And the water was consistently dirty and had chemicals out of balance. Dh came back to see how things were going, and we even brought our own thermometer from our pool. (We didn't need to test the chemicals, because the water was visably filthy!) The chemicals were at such an unsafe level that they had to close the pool down in the middle of the class. We, and others, kept calling the management and writing letters, but they never did take care of any of the problems.

So... today I started out by getting on the scales. How sad that was! I had to face an 8 POUND GAIN since the tree fell on our house!!! Not that I haven't gained before, but it is so discouraging to have to lose those same pounds all over again.

No sense in wallowing in self-pity or discouragement. Right now my plans are to figure out what foods I will eat today, and then get busy exercising. Later today I need to work on menus for the rest of the week. And I still want to look at all the rules for the BL Challenge. I may not be in the right part of the country, but I'd like to try to tag along!

Things have got to get better, right???
You may tag along my sweets,, .. it will be fun and we can do this gilry!!..

those 8 pounds will be off in no time flat!..