Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Have you tried stretching out? lay in the floor and just stretch everything.. I'd say yoga.. but if your like me.. who can get in those positions..

just stretch out real good,..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Strange... another missing journal entry! Wonder what I said wrong this time? I sure don't try to mention store names or competitors. And I don't swear, I swear I don't!

Anyway, I DID answer you, Lisa. I said that I can't stretch when I'm tending to cramp, because I'll really cramp up if I do. I have to make sure I don't even THINK about stretching! But thanks for the thoughts...

I came home from craft day feeling utterly left out and dejected. The ladies planned a day off-island to go to a little town's big Christmas festivities on Saturday and I wasn't invited. I guess they just planned to fill up one car and call it good. If my name even came to mind, they probably figured we were too busy dealing with the house. I'm SURE they didn't purposely leave me out, but yesterday I was convinced that I had no friends, no one to care about me except my cats, I think I'll go eat worms, etc. What gets into me, anyway?

So I tracked down the gal that organized it (really nice person and I do like her a lot) and told her I knew her car was full, but if I took my own did she think it would be okay for me to come? She sounded genuinely delighted to have dh and I both (since her dh would have been the only guy coming) and gave me the go-ahead to call the Tea House and add our names to the list. The Tea House owner called me back this morning and said yes, there was room for three more. So I'm going to ask one more lady that had gotten left out, and she can ride with us if she likes. I think it will be good for me to go, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm making chip chocolate cookies this morning, and have less than half an hour before power goes out on the entire island for 4 hours. So I just took out the last sheet of cookies, and left the oven door open to get all the heat in the kitchen that I can. (Yes, the oven is turned off... I'm not wasteful! LOL)

It's been more than a year and a half since the power cable under the Sound went out, leaving our little island in darkness for nine days. The power company brought in huge generators that cost thousands of dollars a day to rent, plus 300 gallons of fuel an hour to run (and there were two running 24 hours a day!) We finally got a temporary cable, but it couldn't handle too big a load and we were always in danger of losing it all again. It's taken all this time to order new cable and get all the permits lined up. One dear family has a lovely home and grounds near the edge of the island, and the cable process has really messed up their area. Yet they are wonderful and have put up with the noise and the mess for quite some time. Bless their hearts! So, if all goes well today, we'll be back on "real" power, and this cable should last 40 years... I hope! It has been a big financial burden on our little community, and our power bills reflect it!

Dh put up a skinny little "pencil" tree yesterday as a surprise for me. I know he meant well, but it looks so pathetic in our Great Room. It's about 8 feet high, and looks nice in our loft above the front entry. It looks awful in the Great Room. Dh says he just doesn't have the time or energy to deal with our big tree this year, but he sure has time to cut up firewood all day. (We don't have a wood-burning fireplace or stove... he just wants the logs from the downed trees taken care of.) So I'll either work on him to get the nice one up, or work on "me" to get over it. I'm not going to let this cause contention in our home this season. If he puts up the tree, its because he wants to... not because I nagged his socks off!

The big tree is a lot of work for me, too. I don't enjoy the work part.... I spend hours spreading the branches to look real and then stringing the lights around and around and around. Even putting on the ornaments isn't much fun anymore. But I do love having a nice tree, even if no one will be here to enjoy it but us. ESPECIALLY if no one is here but us. It helps a lot.

Hmmmm.... 8 minutes until the power goes out...

I wanted to remind myself how much fun it was to have dinner out with friends last evening. We sent out a last-minute invite and our friends were up for it. My dinner wasn't all that great, but visiting with this nice couple really was. This particular lady shares a desire to do LC because it works for her, but is struggling to get back on program right now. I know what she means when she says "something has to click" because I think we ALL know that something does "click" when it's going right.

Oops... dh says he's gonna shut off the power now before it all goes down... gotta run!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Listening to the wind and kind of dreading going to bed. We're gonna have to find something really comfortable to sleep on and very portable for nights like these! I got little sleep when we dragged the mattress out to the foyer, and NO sleep the night I ended up on the couch after the tree hit the house.

Getting up really early to go to tea in Port Gamble. This should be a lot of fun. We've never been there before. Bless their hearts, they have a nice menu that covers a lot of special needs. Looks good!

Guess I better get my hair washed tonight. Won't be time in the morning. Night all!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #274

Good morning sweet pea.

I am glad you got to go with your friends and yes, I am sure they just thought you had a lot going on.. of course you have friends... how could you not.. .. your just a sweet heart!

I know what your friend means about clicking.. I am the same way.. I have to talk myself up... that's what I have been doing.. I keep telling myself that after the Holidays I am back on.. I have to do something!!

have fun at your TEA..
Old 12-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tea was wonderful... I blabbed on and on about it on YOUR journal! LOL Guess I got carried away.

We just got back after 12 hours off-island. We're pooped! But got a lot done and had a great day.

I'm going to loaf around this evening and maybe take it easy after church tomorrow. I'm getting kind of run down, and don't want to be sick through the holidays.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I got my way... dh brought the 9 ft tree into the house. Be careful what you wish for! I promised I'd do all the branches, and I've put more than 2 and 1/2 hours into fluffing them all in the right direction, and I'm still not done yet. Putting on the lights will be more drudgery. I'm fussy about not having all the wires show, and dh doesn't care, so I end up doing the lights pretty much by myself too. Now I know why old people plop a 3 ft. pink tree on a table and call it good. I'm not even excited about putting on the ornaments this year.

I WANT a beautiful tree, but I don't want to put all the effort into getting it all done this year. Maybe because I'm so tired out from all the other stuff we've been doing on the house, what with the Rogue Tree attack and all.

Another loss discovered-- Mary lost her head in the tree incident. We have a "Blow Mold" Nativity set with Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus for the front yard. I've always wanted to add the rest of the set to them, but now I'll probably have to start from scratch... unless I can find the exact size Mary we already had. Poor Mary... poor me.

We were supposed to go to the Zoo Lights this evening, but everyone canceled because of the rain. It's really dumping! I'm kind of glad they canceled because it feels like I've got a bit of a cold coming on. It will be colder next week, but not raining (supposedly) so we might try going then.

I've got the munchies.... again! Is it the season? The weather? What????

Not looking forward to all the hammering, sawing, etc. again tomorrow. Makes it difficult to concentrate and stay on task. And I think I need to pay bills tomorrow. Fun times.

Dh asked today if we can get rid of my recumbant exercycle. Poor thing is about worn out and needs a new seat and some adjustments done on the wheel. I'd use it if it was fixed, but I don't think that's going to happen. But getting rid of it seems like I'm giving up, even though I haven't been able to use it for a long time now. What to do????
Old 12-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Well, I got my way... dh brought the 9 ft tree into the house. Be careful what you wish for! I promised I'd do all the branches, and I've put more than 2 and 1/2 hours into fluffing them all in the right direction, and I'm still not done yet. Putting on the lights will be more drudgery. I'm fussy about not having all the wires show, and dh doesn't care, so I end up doing the lights pretty much by myself too. Now I know why old people plop a 3 ft. pink tree on a table and call it good. I'm not even excited about putting on the ornaments this year.

I WANT a beautiful tree, but I don't want to put all the effort into getting it all done this year. Maybe because I'm so tired out from all the other stuff we've been doing on the house, what with the Rogue Tree attack and all.

Another loss discovered-- Mary lost her head in the tree incident. We have a "Blow Mold" Nativity set with Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus for the front yard. I've always wanted to add the rest of the set to them, but now I'll probably have to start from scratch... unless I can find the exact size Mary we already had. Poor Mary... poor me.

We were supposed to go to the Zoo Lights this evening, but everyone canceled because of the rain. It's really dumping! I'm kind of glad they canceled because it feels like I've got a bit of a cold coming on. It will be colder next week, but not raining (supposedly) so we might try going then.

I've got the munchies.... again! Is it the season? The weather? What????

Not looking forward to all the hammering, sawing, etc. again tomorrow. Makes it difficult to concentrate and stay on task. And I think I need to pay bills tomorrow. Fun times.

Dh asked today if we can get rid of my recumbant exercycle. Poor thing is about worn out and needs a new seat and some adjustments done on the wheel. I'd use it if it was fixed, but I don't think that's going to happen. But getting rid of it seems like I'm giving up, even though I haven't been able to use it for a long time now. What to do????
on the tree..

maybe he has something else in mind.... about the recumbant thing.. ya know, with Christmas and all..
Old 12-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
on the tree..

maybe he has something else in mind.... about the recumbant thing.. ya know, with Christmas and all..
I'd sure like to think so, but dh isn't real good about hints! LOL

And about the tree??? Maybe not such a great idea. I've put almost four hours into straightening branches and still have a ways to go. Then the lights... then the ornaments.... Can't this tree do it itself????
Old 12-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #279

Quote:
I'd sure like to think so, but dh isn't real good about hints! LOL

And about the tree??? Maybe not such a great idea. I've put almost four hours into straightening branches and still have a ways to go. Then the lights... then the ornaments.... Can't this tree do it itself????
just like I wish the dishes did themselves..
Old 12-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
just like I wish the dishes did themselves..
I LIKE doing dishes! Funny, tho... I always get the hiccups when it's time to do dishes, and have ever since I was little. It never got me out of doing dishes or any other chore, but I still get them when I think of a task I don't want to do.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #281

Quote:
I LIKE doing dishes! Funny, tho... I always get the hiccups when it's time to do dishes, and have ever since I was little. It never got me out of doing dishes or any other chore, but I still get them when I think of a task I don't want to do.
oh wow.. thats funny.... all I get is having to pee.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
oh wow.. thats funny.... all I get is having to pee.
I am a VERY creative person, and you need a good imagination to get hiccups! Get with the program, missy!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #283

Quote:
I am a VERY creative person, and you need a good imagination to get hiccups! Get with the program, missy!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Once again... Thursday morning has arrived and I was supposed to be at the club house for crafting 3 hours ago. Grrrr!!! Always too many things to do to get ready to go, and always phone calls to make at the last minute.

Good news is that I had a good LC breakfast and have packed a nice LC lunch for me. Crossing my fingers and praying that I'll stay away from all the Christmas "baddies" (otherwise known as "goodies") that will be there. I am taking my cranberry surprise pie to share, so there will be something yummy for me there for dessert.

Really need to get going if I AM going!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #285

Quote:
Once again... Thursday morning has arrived and I was supposed to be at the club house for crafting 3 hours ago. Grrrr!!! Always too many things to do to get ready to go, and always phone calls to make at the last minute.

Good news is that I had a good LC breakfast and have packed a nice LC lunch for me. Crossing my fingers and praying that I'll stay away from all the Christmas "baddies" (otherwise known as "goodies") that will be there. I am taking my cranberry surprise pie to share, so there will be something yummy for me there for dessert.

Really need to get going if I AM going!
love it.. .. hope you had a good time
Old 12-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got a little bit done at the craft meeting today. I'm making "STIX" games for my kids and some friends. I print out things on the computer like "3 Runs of 4" or "10-J-Q-K-A" and then glue them on craft sticks (like popcicle sticks.) There are 42 sticks in each game. Up to 6 people can play at a time. For each hand, each player draws one "STIX" from the bag. They have to gather the required cards on their "STIX" before anyone else can gather what it says on theirs. If you gather your first, you win that hand and get to draw a new "STIX" for the next hand. The other players have to start all over trying to get the required cards for the first STIX they drew. First one to get 7 STIX wins.

I also stenciled "STIX" on little canvas bags to store each game in. Problem is, each game needs four decks of cards, and the decks won't fit in the bags. Oh well...

Also FINALLY reached our insurance adjuster and straightened out what he needed to send to us so the county permits can be filed. Whew! Like pulling teeth!

Ah rats... this is YOUR journal, huh? Guess I'm gonna have to move in with you when I get old if I want to read what I did this year.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #287

[QUOTE=Raini;14180451]I got a little bit done at the craft meeting today. I'm making "STIX" games for my kids and some friends. I print out things on the computer like "3 Runs of 4" or "10-J-Q-K-A" and then glue them on craft sticks (like popcicle sticks.) There are 42 sticks in each game. Up to 6 people can play at a time. For each hand, each player draws one "STIX" from the bag. They have to gather the required cards on their "STIX" before anyone else can gather what it says on theirs. If you gather your first, you win that hand and get to draw a new "STIX" for the next hand. The other players have to start all over trying to get the required cards for the first STIX they drew. First one to get 7 STIX wins.

I also stenciled "STIX" on little canvas bags to store each game in. Problem is, each game needs four decks of cards, and the decks won't fit in the bags. Oh well...

Also FINALLY reached our insurance adjuster and straightened out what he needed to send to us so the county permits can be filed. Whew! Like pulling teeth!

Ah rats... this is YOUR journal, huh? Guess I'm gonna have to move in with you when I get old if I want to read what I did this year. [/QUOTE]

Nope.. this is YOUR journal..

your game sounds fun they will love it I'm sure
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 12-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmmm. I'd say I was drunk, but I don't drink. Maybe just a little dizzy? Hey, YOU'D be dizzy if a tree fell on YOUR house!

I'm such a dork....
Old 12-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #289

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
sounds like you were a little lost, little girl.

Hope you're having a great weekend!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The weekend is going pretty good. But we went to a Christmas party last night, and I was doing fine until I plunged into my dh's pecan pie. I was just going to have a tiny bite, but he decided he was too full to eat it, so I ate it for him. Set me up for wild and uncontrolled cravings. ACCCKKK!!!! Will I ever learn????
Old 12-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #291

Life is never perfect and neither are we . . . here's wishing that you stay strong to get through the cravings without caving to them. Hang tough, woman! Fight that monster!

Old 12-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Life is never perfect and neither are we . . . here's wishing that you stay strong to get through the cravings without caving to them. Hang tough, woman! Fight that monster!

so so true
Old 12-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You da best!!! Thanks for being my friends!

Done w/food for today. Tomorrow is a fresh beginning. We'll be going off-island early, so it will be another tough day to stay on track. Too early to eat a good breakfast before we go.... gonna be really hungry by lunch. Ah well... I'll do my best!

Finishing the last of my Christmas cards tonight and hoping to get to bed at a decent hour. G'night!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #294

Can you boil some eggs while you're getting ready to go, that way you'll have something to snack on? Too bad I didn't catch you earlier, huh? I wish I could give you some snack foods to carry along with you . . . I'm trying to remember the old saying, "Fail to plan, plan to fail." That's me in a heartbeat.

Hey! I see your light is still on . . . maybe it's not too late afterall!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My light stays on if I don't shut down my PC... it looks like I'm here when I'm not.

I was ordering the 2011 Household Bill Payer and then ordered some books as gifts. Not sure if they'll be here by Christmas, but my guests won't be, either. LOL

Eggs would have been a great idea. Now it's after midnight I don't think I will. I have LC shakes but then I have to run to the bathroom a lot. Don't want that when I'm going to be on a ferry! I think I may have some leftover steak, and that should keep me filled up for awhile. Thanks for the inspiration! Now I'll HAVE to do good or I'll feel like I let you down.

G'night. Really this time!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #296

Well, I just got back from the gym, so if you eat badly it will go to MY hips . . . please don't do that to my hips.

Have a great day, Raini!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Well, I just got back from the gym, so if you eat badly it will go to MY hips . . . please don't do that to my hips.

Have a great day, Raini!
D.. you crack me up girly,.,.lol..

Raini.. I hope you do well today off Island and dh doesn't wanna go somewhere that makes you eat off your plan..

have fun..
Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did well for brekkie- small piece of steak and an Atkins shake. Did pretty good for lunch. Really blew it for dinner and it wasn't dh's fault... it was mine. Looking for something quick to eat on the ferry on the way home. Stopped at Freddie's (Kroger's to you guys, probably) and bought deli sandwiches. I'll pay for it tonight when my gut starts hurting and then think I've learned my lesson by tomorrow.... yep, that's how it works!

Got lots of exercise... wore my walking shoes and walked lots more than required and fast-fast-fast everywhere. Bought gifts for dd and d-dil and then took them back and bought more... then took them back and bought other stuff again! I think we're done shopping now. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Now to finish the tree and get the house back in order. Dd is coming Christmas evening (moved up plans three days!) and ds and his wife are coming the 28th. Gonna be busy... and tired. But fun, I hope!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #299

Good morning busy lady.. .. missin ya.... hope your having a great time with your family
Old 12-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning busy lady.. .. missin ya.... hope your having a great time with your family
Nope.... not yet. Our house is filled with guys working on sheetrock, mudding and taping. It's noisy and dirty and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I need to get my house clean so I can relax for Christmas!

On the positive side, I've gotten all but one present wrapped. I do have to finish the card games I was making for the kids, but that just involves getting the instructions typed out. I finished printing out the papers for the "STIX" and cut out and glued 126 of them! Whew! The little carrier bags had to be washed, ironed and stenciled... some of them more than once when they didn't turn out the first time!

Another positive, with a short back-story first: #1 son had a lot of problems as a teen. He was estranged from us for a few years, and then we had a very rocky, tentative relationship after that. I didn't ever hear "I love you" from him for many years. A year or so ago he started saying "I love you" after I'd say it to him on the phone. But a few months ago he actually started saying it first! And this past week I received a voice mail from him. and when I called him back he said he was just checking in to see if we were okay!!! That might not seem like a lot, but it's a miracle to us! He's always hard to reach on the phone, partly because of his work schedule, partly because he just doesn't like to answer his phone, and more recently because he lost his phone. He rarely calls us first, and this was the first time since he was a teen that he actually called to see how we were doing. What a blessing! And prayers answered!

I'm trying to decide if I should go to the crafting session today. They're having a Christmas party, and I've already paid my share. But I think they're having Mexican food catered from a gal here, and I doubt there is anything at all that I can "legally" have. I don't mind taking my own food most of the time, but I'm not too excited about it for a Christmas party, and one that I've paid for. And I have tons of work to do at home. On the other hand, I enjoy the company of the other ladies and don't want to be left out. What to do???

I finally got the tree all decorated. Dh relented and helped me get the lights on... we both hate doing that, but I learned that the reason he hates it is because I'm so picky and never liked how he did it. (He never hid the wires in the branches and I didn't like how they looked.) But I was desperate this year, and thus a lot less picky! But I wanted a certan look this year, with lots of natural kinds of things on it: cinnamon stars, pine cones dipped in wax and glitter (all right.... not totally natural! LOL) and cute little birds on the branches. Well, seems our Thai-kitty loves them little birdies!!!! So dh keeps finding him climbing the tree! And we keep finding little birdies all over the house. So the birds may have to go...

If I don't get back to the 'puter before Christmas, I wish you all a very blessed holiday! And when I say "holiday" I mean a blessed CHRISTMAS season!