Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #2101
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Thanks for the info, Dawn...won't bother trying to find it around here....can you FB me the info about the other teas?

I'm up on the scale...not sure what's going on....I wonder if it's all the inflammation and stuff from all my foot/ankle/leg issues? I just don't know anymore.

Did my PT exercises other than the indoor bike. My indoor bike is in the garage so I'll have DH bring it in the house since it's only in the 40's here. I have to do 5-10 minutes a couple of times a day on it.

Haven't decided on today's food...had eggs for breakfast....I think I'll have some sauteed green beans and the last of the smoked sausage for lunch and make something with chicken for tonight.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #2102
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Done......

With the addition of these teas I'm down to 1 coffee a day with no sweetener. I no longer drink any diet soda.

Just water, tea, and one coffee.

This was a big giant step for me.

Before I could drink a 2 liter of diet soda and 5 cups of coffee a day. And each one of those coffees had at least 3 splenda packets in them. I was primal just about everywhere else except with that.

I knew that the AS was affecting my auto immune issues but I have such a horrible sweet tooth that I was having trouble giving it up. I cut back gradually and now with the cleanse I'm just taking it one step further with no fruit or natural sugars(raw honey,etc).

Since I feel fine on those and I'm just doing this to get thru the most current weight wall... I'll probably gradually add them back in later when I'm ready.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #2103

TGIF!!!

Happy Friday Ladies!!!

I'm down a smidge after an Up Day. That's sooo nice to see. It was only half a pound but I'll take it.

Today is a Down Day.... and I have to say it's one of the rare days where I'm NOT looking forward to it. I already know it's going to be really tough hunger wise. Hopefully the teas will help.

I'm ramping up the exercise for the next 3 days. Lots and Lots of cardio and KB's which I consider both strength and cardio.

This will either reward me with my goal for the month next week. Or it will backfire and cause the weight to go back up from fluid in the muscles. But at least I know this going into it.

so far:
coffee/coconut milk

planned:
banana
cabbage and chicken
fish and yellow squash
not sure about dinner yet
mac nuts only if needed(they take care of munchies but are also super calorie dense )

Workout Planned:
Play time with the kiddos
walking with the family after dinner
Kickboxing
yoga
a few minutes of KBs only if my body will allow after all the kickboxing

I'm gonna be sooooo sore tomorrow but it'll be worth it. I think....

I tend to spend the day sitting in a chair while the kids do school work. So, I need to incorporate more slow movement through out the day instead.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #2104

menu adjustment:
Hubby didn't take leftovers to work so I'm changing to

Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice for lunch
buttery leeks and eggs for snack(I need to use up the leeks)
still not sure about dinner since it's usually Eat Out Night for the fam

Tomorrow I'm hitting a farmer's market first thing to get some lower carb veggies. It was rained out yesterday.

Then we'll head over to the hardware store for plants for both my front flower beds and the new herb/veggie garden I'm doing in the back.

After that we'll swing by the bulk store to stock up on chicken, fish, and beef.

Sunday will be the regular grocery store for anything we couldn't get elsewhere.

I'll work on the garden, clean house, do all the errands, grade school papers to get packets out on Monday, and hopefully be ready for our field trip on Monday.

I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #2105
Bike Tart

Good Morning! PT today and then Mom's after lunch...hope she's cooperative today. No band practice tonight so I'm heading home for a quiet evening by myself. Will stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things that will include a little steak for my dinner. I'll have to see if they carry the tea you're using, Dawn! Better go write it down so I don't forget what to look for!

I need to do my bike time before I head to PT so I'm off....

Glad things are working again for you, Dawn!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #2106
Bike Tart

We had a few errands this morning that included the grocery store....found the tea so I'll give it a try...hope I like it because I'm not much of a tea drinker!

It's cold and damp and I'm feeling it to my bones today. I'm achy and all I want to do is sit but I have chores and I have to go to Mom's today so Stepfather can go to church. I'm going to take her some deviled eggs for a treat....she loves them and only gets them if I make them.

Not much else going on right now....
Old 04-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #2107
Bike Tart

Dawn, found the tea at the big grocery store on Friday...just need to try it now.

I didn't get the deviled eggs made yesterday so I'll do them today. DH is doing some yardwork at Mom's and will pick me up soon to go back there with him. Need to get my shower first....was slow starting this morning so I'm behind!

Need to get a few things cooked before we go, too. Eggs are boiled but that's it so far....a couple of casseroles to make as well as some meat that needs cooking....will do most of it when I get back from Mom's.

Scale is bouncing all over the place again....maybe I just sew my mouth shut!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #2108

Hey,

Not doing so good here. I'm in a very bad relapse of my auto immune issues. and I'm battling an infection on top of that. Not sure what triggered it other than maybe stress that I "thought" I was dealing with very well.

Still doing the cleanse next week. Going to try to keep it as simple as possible for me... while also trying to keep it interesting for the rest of the family.

My new exercise program has to take a backseat while I deal with this flare up. Just walking is hard right now. So, I'll keep it simple and move around as much as my body will let me and do gentle yoga until I come out of it.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #2109
Bike Tart

Aww, I'm sorry you had a relapse, Dawn....do the best you can, rest when you need to....

I've got a busy day...PT, Mom's after lunch, phone calls to make, sorting/filing to do (how do I get so far behind in that?), class tonight. It amazes me that I can get through a class like that yet I have so much trouble walking lately....I'm so glad doing kettlebells does not depend on me walking much!

I would like to try to get some cooking done today, too, but don't know where I can squeeze it in....didn't get it all done yesterday and there are things that have to be cooked today!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #2110

Another really bad pain day......

But life goes on and I have to take the kids on a field trip to the botanical gardens. I'm hoping we can keep it short and sweet today. Then maybe bribe them with shopping afterward. Hubby can push me around in a wheelchair there.

Which brings me to the depression that this illness causes. I am NOT that person... the one that should have to be pushed around in a wheelchair because she's too weak/in pain. And yet I have to accept that yes I AM that person sometimes......

I don't begrudge other people the need for help but when it comes to me I'm so determined to be the strong one... that I absolutely HATE it when I have to ask for help.

Anyway, my cleanse starts again today. This week will be basic low carb/primal. I will be eating enough to be full. Not stuffing but not starving either. Just enough........ No counting calories this week either.
I need a break.....
Keep in mind that "my" low carb is probably someone else's moderate or high carb.... I consider low for me around 50 to 65.....
There will be no artificial sweeteners and no natural sugars either(fruits, honey, etc)......
Aiming for mostly leafy greens but if I crave a squash I'm not going to deny myself...

so far:
black coffee

planned:
tea
eggs and gluten free/very low processing apple sausage
macadamia nuts only as needed
chicken and veggies
Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #2111
Bike Tart

Dawn, I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now...

I got a call back from the dr. office and have to go in tomorrow....BP is too high, they say the med that I'm complaining about doesn't list side effects of muscle weakness and pain so he wants to see me. Ugh! I may have to have bloodwork so I'll have to fast, too. I'm sure my cholesterol will be in ranges that he doesn't like but I'm not going back on those meds.

My eating has not been the best but not horrible, either but I dread bloodwork. I was scheduled for bloodwork in another month...thought I had time...oh well....I'm sure whatever it is will be not so good and they'll give me the standard diet, blah, blah, blah.....
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #2112

Happy Tuesday!!

Hope the appointment doesn't go as bad as you're expecting Linda.

OMGosh I didn't think I could hurt any more than I did. Then I walked for 6hrs straight. I had no clue what pain was before that.

So, today will be about resting, paying bills, and getting the kids through lessons. Nothing physically stressful if I can help it.

so far today:
black coffee

planned:
mac nuts
paleo lasagna(made with zucchini)
chicken and veggies
tea

exercise:
If I get a sudden burst of energy(highly unlikely) I will throw in some light KBs. But otherwise I'm not planning on doing much moving around today.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #2113
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I hope you can get some rest and the pain levels drop a lot, Dawn...

My appt. went ok....upped the dosage of the BP med for now. My BP was actually better at the office than at home today! He ordered bloodwork to check for inflammation levels but thinks that my issues are from my foot/leg problems and that once that's all fixed it will be better....so for now I'll wait and see. I think maybe more yoga will help and I have to be consistent with my PT exercises.

No KB class last night, the other lady had to cancel so he asked if I wanted to still do the class....I have so much to do this week that I decided to cancel, too. I won't be going tomorrow, either. We have a dinner to go to...MIL is being honored as Mother of the Year at the Italian American Ladies Auxiliary....DH has to give a speech!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #2114

Thanks Linda!!

Hope the yoga and PT start helping.

No change on the scale yet this week. I'm thinking it may have been a bad idea to do the "cleanse" on the week before TOM.

Oh well... I'm going to continue with it anyway...... I see the clock ticking down and it's really starting to frustrate me to not see any real change.

I have exactly 10wks till my b'day and our vacation and I really want to be able to wear my vacation clothes.

so far today:
black coffee
2 cups of unsweetened tea
banana(kind of a slip... forgot I wasn't doing fruit this week )

planned:
lunch: left over "lasagna"
snack: handful macs if needed
dinner: kielbasa, green beans, and turnips(in the place of potatoes)
I'm sure the sodium will get to me but I'm willing to pay the price.
I've been craving Kielbasa.....
evening snack: tea
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #2115
Bike Tart

Just had my PT...no time for the yoga today....I probably won't start it till next week...too much going on...

Errands in a few minutes and while we're out I'm going to suggest we just stop for a burger...bunless of course!

Dinner tonight for MIL ...since it's an Italian club, there will be pasta as the main course, I'm sure! Maybe chicken and beans....not sure what else besides loads of fresh Italian bread....I'll do my best...
Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #2116

Hope the dinner went okay Linda....

Thinking of you Ms.Beth!!

TOM is due this weekend so the scale has been slowly inching it's way up preparing for that. Trying not to let it get to me.

I swear I make progress every month only to lose that progress during TOM. It's driving me batty.

so far today:
black coffee
handful mac nuts

planned:
lunch: beef and veggies
snack: tea
dinner: fish and veggies
snack: tea

Exercise:
I just got the book put out by the woman that originally sparked my interest in KBs. She goes through the mechanics of the swing and also gives routines for beginners on up to advanced.

I'm going to start as if I'm a beginner and work my way through her book. But I'm also doing this in combo with Primal Movement.

I'll do body weight exercises on opposite days of the KB exercises.

I'll have slow movement of at least 1hr every day(if not more) and at least 20 minutes to 1hr of yoga(depending on time).

Saturdays will be sprinting of some form.

Then Sunday will be hiking with the family if the weather allows.

I'd been racking my brain trying to come up with a doable plan that would make some major changes over the next 10wks and I think I have it.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #2117

TOM started a couple days early.....

Lunch: changed to buttery leeks, eggs, and apple/chicken sausage
.......was craving the buttery/fatty stuff.....

afternoon snack: I'm going to try a Chai Breakfast Shake I found... I'll post the link when I have it....if it's any good... (on FB)

Dinner: changed to an everything but the kitchen sink kind of meal. Realized I had some things that needed using up before they go bad.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #2118
Bike Tart

I forgot to post yesterday....busy trying to get ready for the trip today...we leave as soon as DS gets here with grandma...he went to get her and she wasn't ready.

The dinner went well...food was exactly what I predicted.

What's the name of the in book, Dawn? I may need it soon...the other lady in my class will be having knee surgery soon so unless he can find someone else, classes will be done till she can come back. I have DVDs but sometimes I just want basics. I am going to order TRX straps next week, too...

No clue about food for the weekend...will do the best I can....

Can't believe Baby Ruth is one today! and she is meeting her big sister today!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #2119

Happy Birthday Baby Ruth!!!

Hope the trip and visit with her big sister go well!!!

I'll post the link to the book on your FB page.

Doing good here.... TOM of course has it's hold so technically crummy... but it could be worse...

so far:
black coffee
Chai Breakfast Shake

planned:
Lunch: left over kielbasa
snack: handful of macs if needed at the movies
diet soda(first in a while... should be interesting)
dinner: not sure about dinner yet..... have some pre-cook ground beef to finish up... maybe homemade taco salad

exercise:
I don't want to be too sore for tennis or frisbee in the morning so I'm doing light body weight exercises today.
Also, for our slow movement we'll walk the mall before and after our movie. It'll be too hot to do it outside......
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #2120
Bike Tart

Thanks! This is going to be a fun trip...texting with my granddaughter and niece...I think they are taking a different route to start but we may actually meet up along the way.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #2121

Happy Weekend!!

Well, I'm seeing a very very tiny inch down of the scale and that's even during TOM so I hope that means I'm going in the right direction again.

so far:
egg/bacon "muffins" = the egg is cooked inside a circle of bacon in the oven
black coffee

planned:
nuts
seeds
homemade sunbutter muffins
lots of water!!
dinner: left over pre-cook ground beef to make cabbage spring rolls

We're going to be out at the gardens to see the Bald Eagle Celebration so it's mostly going to be a "snack when needed" kind of a day.

Then we'll be coming home to do the housework. Gonna be one of "those" kinds of days.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 05-05-2012 at 05:58 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #2122

Happy Sunday!!

Well, I hate to say that when I saw the pics of myself from yesterday it sent me spiraling into a depression this morning. Even with over 100lbs off I am still obese and it shows.

I have to turn this into a good incentive to continue what I'm doing with exercise and eating right. I can't let it derail me into the thinking "If I'm still fat then what's the point"...

The point is I'm healthier when I eat/exercise right. Weight loss is a secondary "issue"......

{{sigh}}.... work in progress right??....

so far:
black coffee
sausage/egg

planned:
dinner:
chicken meatloaf (recipe link posted on FB)
rest of the day will depend...
not really having much of an appetite after those pictures.

Exercise:
Lots of slow movement seems to be helping
so
Lots of walking,
some yoga(short session),
and some KBs(practice session)
Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #2123

Had a jump back up on the scale again after the weekend of being down. Sometimes I just want to give up... ugh

So, I begin this week .4 higher than I began last week. Not a good trend at all. TOM is still hanging on so I'm hoping I'm still holding on to some fluid and that it will go in the next day or two.

Today begins my long slow movement workouts in addition to yoga, KBs, and the occasional session of Kickboxing. I figure if nothing else I can firm up what I do have on this ole body.

so far:
black coffee

planned:
breakfast chai shake
fish and veggies
chicken and veggies
handful of mac nuts only if needed

Exercise:
walking, yoga, and KBs
Old 05-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #2124

Yoga and KBs are done. Will do walking after dinner.

meals changed a bit:
so far:

black coffee
small handful mac nuts
Breakfast Chai Shake

Planned:
snack: not sure yet, if anything
Dinner: Paleo Spaghetti(Squash) and Meatball Bites

Last edited by DarkSiren; 05-07-2012 at 09:31 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #2125
Bike Tart

Dawn, I can tell you right now that you don't want to let things go! I had a really hard time with food over the weekend, pain in my legs and feet that was unbearable at times and add to that the fact that I have gained back so much that I can't wear any of the nicer clothes that I have should be enough to say it's never worth giving up....as much as I want to give up I know I can't.

There is an absolutely horrible pic of me (along with some that are horrible without the absolutely in front) and I'm so sad that the past 2 years have been such a spiral for me....yes, a lot has been out of my control but I could have done better with food....I really need to get this figured out. I don't want my granddaughter's to only know me as the old fat lady that can barely move...I was on the verge of tears a lot over the weekend because I am unable to do so many things right now...

But we did have an awesome weekend and it was so nice to see my son with both of his girls!!! I've been emailing with Kayli's Mom and she wants to be sure that Kayli gets as much family time with all of us as she wants! Can't wait to see her again!

Had PT this morning and I'm on orders to stay off my feet as much as I can for the next few days (very swollen from the trip), ice, massage and a few exercises I can do while sitting here. I do have my class tonight as far as I know and I will definitely be going....I'll ice good before I go and when I get back.

Back on track with food...I really need to be better prepared when I go there!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #2126

Hey Ladies,

I've been asked to start a new journal since this one was getting so big.

So,

here we go:

Time To Get Serious Part 2
Closed Thread