Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   *** BY THE GRACE OF GOD*** (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/654152-grace-god.html)

monet0329 01-01-2010 09:26 AM

*** BY THE GRACE OF GOD***

1/1/2010 :up:.. Let the year begin..

It's noon.. I didn't roll out of bed till 9:30..went to weigh.. cooked me some eggs.. 3.. in veg. oil.. I know.. I need evoo.. but I am out till I get to the store.. after I ate I watched the rest of Bonnie Hunt.. then put in my Lesley Simmons DVD and walked a mile.. may seem menial to some of you.. but its a giant step for me.. I am taking the advice from my friend D. I usually watch my eating and loose some weight before I start any exercise program. But she is doing awesome and I want to join her in her awesomeness.. hehehe..

For those who don't follow me.. I have been on here since 2006.. can you believe it? 4 years.. and I am STILL unhealthy.:cry:.. I did well when I started , lost 80+ pounds.. came to a stall and lost it.. over the years I have started and stopped.. time and time again.. losing and regaining.. NOT a healthy life.. The sad thing is I know what to do.. I know how to loose it.. what I have to figure out if WHY I am not wanting to get the fat off and KEEP it off.. WHY I don't want to look and feel good.. Sure I have had some ups and downs in my life.. but I don't let things keep me down.. I move on.. I am not to blame for the things that happened to me. I know this.. WHY don't I think I deserve to be happy and healthy.. that is the question..

I am doing what works.. that is Low Carb.. I will exercise at least 5 days a week.. The more weight I loose , I am sure I will do more and better exercise then I am starting out with.. as D says.. baby steps... I need to move.. I have an office job.. so I spend my days in a chair .. come home.. cook dinner and spend my nights on the couch or in my bed watching TV,.,This has to stop..you have to move to live!! I KNOW this..

I am titling my new journal "By The Grace of God" because with him , all things are possible.. :aprayer:..He will be there with me every step of the way.. when I feel like I want something that I know I shouldn't put in my mouth.. I will pray...when I don't feel like my daily exercise.. I will pray.. when I feel down.. I will pray.. when a Holiday or Birthday or something like that comes up.. I will pray...I know that he helps those who help themselves.. and when I eat bad and sit on my booty.. , that's not helping myself.... so Dear Lord.. please be with me and help me get healthy for YOU.. and for my family!!.. you all deserve a better !!.. I DESERVE BETTER..

I ask for any advice .. any help.. and anyone who just wants to read my ramblings.. and trust me.. I can ramble with the best of them..:rolleyes::hyst:

I will post my menus.. some will be simple.. some will be from Linda Sues recipes.. because she just ROCKS!!..If you haven't heard about her.. just google Linda Sues Low carb recipes and you will find the best site ever for Low carbing :).. well besides this site..:D

I wish you all the best year ever .. I hope you all meet your goals or get well on your way this year.. Be strong.. Be positive and be true to yourselves.. and I think we will do awesome this year!!

More to come...:hugs:

B~ 3 fried eggs..

L~ will be a simple salad.. with vinegar , mayo, and splenda dressing.. :)

d~.. will be cabbage and smoked sausage.. yum

exercise: 1 mile of brisk walking.. ( and I feel it in my legs:cool:)

GardenGirl639 01-01-2010 09:52 AM

I love the title of your new journal.

Your heart just shines in this post. I understand exactly how you feel and my heart aches for you! It wasn't until I started running to God instead of food that I saw real change in my life. He will be there for you. I'm not saying it isn't/won't be hard, because at times it is, but He is always there to help us!

The emotional part of weight plays such a huge part in many of our journeys. I thing you are on the right track! You are worth this, Lisa!

I pray that God richly blesses you in this year, Lisa, and that next year at this time, when you look back, you will be amazed at how much He has done in your life in this area!

dusk 01-01-2010 09:53 AM

Yay! My Lisa is back!

Over the next 18 weeks we are gonna rock this house, my lady . . . we are gonna be soooooo focused that we are not going to see ANYTHING that is unhealthy for us.

Just as you have gotten me out of jams, you too can call me ANYTIME you need to. We'll use the buddy system to keep living!

HERE WE GO!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_109.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYYDUS

monet0329 01-01-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 (Post 12927210)
I love the title of your new journal.

Your heart just shines in this post. I understand exactly how you feel and my heart aches for you! It wasn't until I started running to God instead of food that I saw real change in my life. He will be there for you. I'm not saying it isn't/won't be hard, because at times it is, but He is always there to help us!

The emotional part of weight plays such a huge part in many of our journeys. I thing you are on the right track! You are worth this, Lisa!

I pray that God richly blesses you in this year, Lisa, and that next year at this time, when you look back, you will be amazed at how much He has done in your life in this area!

Thanks E.. can I call you E?..lol.. if not.. that's fine too.. :)..

you have brought tears to my eyes.. thank you.. this is what I needed.. my family is in the other room.. the hubs was eating BBQ chips.. my MIL popped some corn and it smells goo0o0od.. so I came in here :).. to my support group:hugs:

Thanks D.. we will do this !!!:hugs:

I need to add that I ate a piece of cheese earlier..American cheese.. and a half a piece of bologna from the hubs sandwich..:D,, this is gonna be tough.. but worth it !!

dusk 01-01-2010 02:06 PM

YOU"RE TOUGHER, GIRL! It's only tough in the beginning week . . . once you get past the withdrawals you're gonna be a rock!

KQT 01-02-2010 05:38 AM

hi sweetie! :hugs: i'll check in on you and give you support, menu ideas, etc... i'm back on the wagon to hopefully lose 25 lbs by our wedding. 6 months & 1 week til i'm mrs. timmer!

i love the avi. :D

monet0329 01-02-2010 08:40 AM

well look who it is.. my long lost daughter.. hehe :hugs: good to see you Krissy...:hugs:

speaking of avi's.. I watched my first episode of that Earl show..lol.. don't know the name of it though.. :stars: lol

well, I made it a whole day.. :)..

I ate 2 and a half bowls of cabbage though.. I need to plug that into ******... I think its ok.. it was cabbage or something bad..lol.. so in my eyes.. it was good..:laugh:

This am I remembered I had some coconut oil.. so I fried my eggs in that..:)..

lunch will be a salad.. I think the boss brought in chili.. and it has pasta in it.. so I will go home and make a salad.. no biggy..

dinner I am making them spaghetti.. I will do something with some hamb. from that.. maybe throw it in some green beans and cheese and nuke it.. I'll figure something out..lol.. I'll be good though , I promise.. :cool:

OK BOSS IS GETTING ME A GRILLED BLT CHICKEN SALAD FROM WENDYS. :)

opps.. sry about capps.. had to sale a Mustang,, :D

I'm hungry.. they reheated that Chili and it smells good :cry:.. I will be ok..lol.

dusk 01-02-2010 10:58 AM

Yes you WILL be okay . . . you're a tough cookie and I have confidence in you to make the right decisions!

Hang on, my Lisa . . . hang on!

monet0329 01-02-2010 07:31 PM

Goood eeevaning...:D

today was another good day :cool:.. Thank you Lord!:aprayer:

Brekky was 3 fried eggs in coconut oil..

Lunch.. was a chicken BLT salad from wendy's..mind you,, I ordered a GRILLED chicken and they gave me the breaded one.. :annoyed:.. I peeled the breading off as best I could.. :up:.. ranch dressing
diet Pepsi

snack.. a few bites of fried cabbage the MIL made.. wasn't much.. gave the rest to the hubs..:up:

Dinner.. was lc chili.. hamb..3/4 cup ... chili seasonings.. about 1 1/2 cup of green beans .. about 3/4 cup of veggie juice...mixed up.. cheddar cheese on top.. and melted.

and that's it :)..

when I got home from work.. I felt a slight head ache coming on.. but my friend came to visit me and it went away..:laugh:.. I was thinking.. here we go.. I usually get the no sugar head ache.. or shall it be called the ketosis head ache.. and I take something for it.. then all is well.. so I am happy it didn't last:up:

It was good to visit with Beth :).. I got to give her her Christmas prezzy :)
she lubed it all.. :).. Primitive decorations for her house :)..

Work was really busy today.. lots of payments coming in for those who usually paid on Thursdays and Fridays.. plus the reg. sat. people.. 3 sale.. but 2 to one couple.. so that was cool...

I hope everyone had a great day!!...

sleep well.. and God Bless..:hugs:

monet0329 01-02-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monet0329 (Post 12933897)
Goood eeevaning...:D

today was another good day :cool:.. Thank you Lord!:aprayer:

Brekky was 3 fried eggs in coconut oil..

Lunch.. was a chicken BLT salad from wendy's..mind you,, I ordered a GRILLED chicken and they gave me the breaded one.. :annoyed:.. I peeled the breading off as best I could.. :up:.. ranch dressing
diet Pepsi

snack.. a few bites of fried cabbage the MIL made.. wasn't much.. gave the rest to the hubs..:up:

Dinner.. was lc chili.. hamb..3/4 cup ... chili seasonings.. about 1 1/2 cup of green beans .. about 3/4 cup of veggie juice...mixed up.. cheddar cheese on top.. and melted.

and that's it :)..

when I got home from work.. I felt a slight head ache coming on.. but my friend came to visit me and it went away..:laugh:.. I was thinking.. here we go.. I usually get the no sugar head ache.. or shall it be called the ketosis head ache.. and I take something for it.. then all is well.. so I am happy it didn't last:up:

It was good to visit with Beth :).. I got to give her her Christmas prezzy :)
she lubed it all.. :).. Primitive decorations for her house :)..

Work was really busy today.. lots of payments coming in for those who usually paid on Thursdays and Fridays.. plus the reg. sat. people.. 3 sale.. but 2 to one couple.. so that was cool...

I hope everyone had a great day!!...

sleep well.. and God Bless..:hugs:

P.S. the crave for snacking was gone today.. no problems..:up:

dusk 01-02-2010 07:35 PM

I am sooooo glad the cravings were gone today! It makes it so much easier. :hugs:

monet0329 01-02-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusk (Post 12933924)
I am sooooo glad the cravings were gone today! It makes it so much easier. :hugs:

YES it does !!....:kicking:

Edwards20 01-03-2010 03:21 AM

I found you :). Glad the cravings are subsiding. It's so hard to do this when everyone else around is eating what you want ... at least until you get "in the zone" ... then you don't care. But, I know how hard it is to get to that point. I am glad you had a headache too ... teehee .... cause we know what that means. We got this ! I am so happy that you have a support system with Dusk. DH is the only support I have here which is good, but he loses faster and tends to go off plan very often. It never affects him. I wish I could have someone that lived close to me to help be a support system. You are truly blessed. Hope you have a great day !

monet0329 01-03-2010 05:36 PM

:hiya: Candy.. glad you found me :)..

Today was a lazy day for me.. the hubs and I slept in because he was up and down with a tooth ache..:cry:.. and when he doesn't sleep.. trust me.. neither do I..:annoyed::laugh:.. why is it when I can't sleep.. hes over there sawing logs?:annoyed::hyst::hyst:.. anywho.. so we missed Church this am :(..

then I watched some movies on TV.. till the hubs was ready to go to the store :).. so we went came home and I started dinner..

the menu for the day was..

B.. smoked sausage 1 with scrambled eggs.3.:love:

L.. fried hot dogs.. 2.. with some LC BBQ sauce.. then I was still hungry and ate 2 brats..:stars:

D.. cheese burger no bun 1... and a side salad of lettuce.. onions.. green peppers and the dressing was the evoo.. vinegar.. and Italian stuff.. you shake it together in the jar thingy..lol..oh and a sf bread and butter pickle chopped up in me salad..

while cooking the burgers I boiled some eggs... then took 5 of those and wrapped some sausage around them and baked them... me and the MIL split one just a while ago..pretty good I might add..:up:.. so that's whats for brekki tomorrow..:kicking:

then I had a sf jello..strawberry...:D

sounds like a lot .. I have been drinking lots of water.. oh and I have been taking fish oil.. every morning..:)..

no walking yesterday or today.. its gonna be a hard habit to get started.. but I will get it done at least 5 days a week..:up:.. so 4 to go..:doh:

I have cheese burgers left over for tomorrows lunch.. I think tomorrow nights dinner will be pork loins and Brussels sprouts cooked in bacon..:love:

so for now that it is.. sums my day up..lol.. but.. 3 days down..:clap::kicking:

oh .. the MIL is still having sugars and stuff and that's fine if that's what she wants to do.. we are all diff... anywho.. she offered me a piece of dark chocolate earlier.. I said No thanks..:D..On the Doctors the other day it said one small piece a day was good for you.. and maybe some day I will have that pleasure , but for now.. while I am trying to get the wants outta my head.. I'll choose to pass..:up:

Something I am trying to change is.. when someone asks me if I want something.. I am not making a big deal out of it.. just a simple.. No thank you.. if they ask my... I say.. because I choose not to have it right now..

Instead of saying.. I CAN'T HAVE IT.. or I can't eat sugar.. or I can't eat bread.. just a simple.. I choose not to have it right now.. :cool:

OK I am outta here.. gonna check on you all..:hugs:

dusk 01-03-2010 05:51 PM

Excellent come back, Lisa. Way to be strong! I choose not to have it at this time. People won't get as offended and you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. :up:

Edwards20 01-04-2010 02:23 AM

I like your reply ... I think I've made myself into a LC monster sometimes. Most people around me just look at me and they think before they offer and then make a snide comment like "Oh, I forget you can't have that". In my heart, I think they are saying "oh, you don't eat this BUT you are the big girl". I like the different perspective on how to answer them.

Sorry you missed church, we did as well. My sinuses are still messed up and they were bad yesterday.

I hope you have a good and LC carb day.

KQT 01-04-2010 05:24 AM

that's right, a simple "no thank you" will suffice. whodathunkit? :doh:

day 3, you're on your way! i'm just starting day one - i'm preparing myself, i know its more of a mental challenge than a physical one, but once we deny a food then the thoughts just come back even more. i gotta do it just like i did 4 years ago!

KrystaLyn 01-04-2010 05:37 AM

Hi Monet! I am starting back LCing (I hope for real this time!) and thought I would pop in to say "HI"!

Livywilltim-mom 01-04-2010 08:05 AM

Found Ya! Now going back up to read...

dusk 01-04-2010 03:11 PM

Hello Ms. Lisa. How was your day today?

GardenGirl639 01-04-2010 05:54 PM

Lisa,

Glad the cravings and headache are gone!

Your attitude is awesome! Yep, you choose not to have it. Big steps you are making, girlie! :hugs:

monet0329 01-05-2010 06:15 AM

Good morning everyone.. thanks for dropping by :)..

Krysta.. good to see you sweetie.. and those babies.. :)..:hugs:.. I wish you the best!!!

Day for went well.. ate right.. got mile mile walk in..:up:.. HUGE HUGE one for me..:D

menu..

2 hard boiled eggs with the sausage on it.. yum..

2 cheese burgers for lunch with mayo and sf relish

pork loins and Brussels sprouts cooked in bacon..:love:

oh and tbls of peanut butter in between lunch and dinner..

and LOTS of water.. pee'd all day long!!:clap::kicking:

woke up feeling awesome !!.. love this feeling!!!

brekki was 3 fried eggs in evoo.. yes I got me some..:laugh:

bbl...

Livywilltim-mom 01-05-2010 07:36 AM

Terrific Tuesday Lisa :)

Congrats on your walk...that is AWESOME!!

Love ya

GardenGirl639 01-05-2010 11:04 AM

Great job on the walk! You are doing so great!

Hey, why don't you fry your eggs in real butter? I can't stand the taste of eggs in oil, even EVOO. Love me some eggs in real butter or bacon grease.:laugh:

dusk 01-05-2010 01:06 PM

go lisa go! go lisa go! :clap:

monet0329 01-05-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 (Post 12947683)
Great job on the walk! You are doing so great!

Hey, why don't you fry your eggs in real butter? I can't stand the taste of eggs in oil, even EVOO. Love me some eggs in real butter or bacon grease.:laugh:

WELL i NEED TO BUY SOME MORE..LOL.. so its evoo for now. and I don't mine the taste.. plus it helps with the plumbing..:D:laugh:

monet0329 01-05-2010 02:04 PM

tHANKYA ladies.. sorry for the caps I keep them on here at work for the car deals..:stars: and I ferget ..lol

anywho.. energy is up today.. woot woot..:up:.. have I said that yet? :hyst:

man I love how I feel when I eat good.. why do I fall off the wagon.. I remember now why I did last time.. it was when we moved.. note to self.. do NOT go off not matter what!!!!!!!!!!!.. I will starve first..:eek::p

I think I'll make some fish tonight.. if not.. something with hamburger.. I need to look up something to cook with kale.. any suggestions????

bbl

dusk 01-05-2010 03:31 PM

Kale? No clue . . . I would think that would be good with something with hamburger in it, but that's just me.

:dunno:

monet0329 01-05-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusk (Post 12949039)
Kale? No clue . . . I would think that would be good with something with hamburger in it, but that's just me.

:dunno:

Now see.. I just saw this.. so I have to say that great minds think alike..:hyst:.. I thought you meant at an earlier time (day)we discussed this..lol.. my memory can be bad though.. as you already know..lol..

That's what I did folks.. I cooked up some hamburger.. cooked up some kale in evoo.. when both where done.. I drained the hamb.. and added the kale.. then fresh mushrooms.. cream cheese.. a lil soy sauce.. some spices.. cooked that up till the cream cheese melted.. then added cheddar cheese.. mixed.. added some on the top and baked it till the cheddar melted..:cool: and boy was it good..

I have some left overs for my lunch tomorrow..:up:

Dusk came over tonight and watched "The Biggest Looser" with me.. this was the first time she has watched it on TV.. and not you tube.. so it was pretty cool...:clap:.. I can tell you.. she has a huge heart... her heart hurts for people she doesn't even know.. :cry:.. she tears up like I do... :hugs:..

I hope she comes every week.. that would be awesome !!.. plus I will be able to see how skinny she gets every week hehehe..:up:

well I need to do a few things before bed time.. so I will check on everyone tomorrow at work.. I did all my paper work and calling today.. so unless we get busy.. I'll read you all and post to you :)..

love you all.. be strong and God Bless !!:hugs:

P.S. Got my mile in ... D is my witness..:laugh::D

dusk 01-05-2010 08:19 PM

Lisa! You called? I just checked my phone and your name was displayed . . . i turned the sound off for the meeting tonight and didn't turn it back on. Was it important?

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for inviting me over tonight! I think we're going to make a GREAT biggest loser team! We'll be the purple team; how's that sound? :D

And yes, everyone! Lisa did get her mile in tonight. I just stood and watched as she did it. Why I didn't join in? Beats me. I just stood there like a dummy and watched. . . :doh:

I'm very happy that James didn't do the self-pity thing and give up. 100 pounds gone. Awesome deal!