Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
Still here! I lost pretty much nothing through May and June. I'm sure it was the calorie factor because it was over 2000 and I was so darn HUNGRY every time I tried to cut back. It was a cycle of hunger, overeating LC foods, frustration, cutting back, hunger. So now I'm doing this and am thrilled with the results:

The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

The basics of the program are: you eat a large amount of protein tailored to your size (120g daily for me), plus unlimited nonstarchy veg and a tiny amount of fat and carbs (20g daily of each) to make the protein palatable. You don't count your veggies in the carb total. You take a LOT of fish oil plus some other supps to maintain electrolyte balance. You cannot do heavy workouts but are encouraged to do limited weight training to maintain muscle mass. That's the whole point of eating all this protein - maintaining muscle.

Also, depending on your size you get refeeds, which is a carb pigout, and free meals, which are a reasonably sized meal involving of whatever food you feel like. I get one refeed and one free meal a week. Yesterday's free meal involved a family BBQ - I ate a a couple chips, some cheese and crackers, a glass of wine, a hamburger on bun, potato salad, coleslaw, and strawberry shortcake.

I am not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer! You do really have to shell out for the book though, it wouldn't be possible to do otherwise.

Today is day 10 and I am down from 147 to 141.2. A little of that was water weight but not a lot as I was already eating LC. Clothes are fitting better, it is such a thrill! I plan to cycle this with regular LC maintenance throughout the summer to coincide with vacations and travel plans. Then in Sept I can decide where to go next. One thing the diet requires is a "diet break" every few weeks depending on your body fat %, and this diet break must include 100g carbs daily. This makes me nervous but I am going to weight every day and just watch really closely to see how my body responds.

My 2010 Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...0-journey.html
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2014, 03:39 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
I'm just bumping this to say "hi" - I hope I never have to starve myself on 120g/day of protein and nothing else. That was not fun and of course the weigh came back. Here I am back looking for LC. Some things never change!
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote