Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
I'll take both you girls out to dinner for burrito bols.
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

I saw your post on lalala's page about the Chipotle salad.. use this and you'll see exactly what you're getting and it's not that bad! Chipotle Nutrition Facts Calculator 2.0 - How healthy is your Chipotle?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
This is the coolest thing EVER Latte!!!! I'm having fun making up concoctions!
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

How was your day Luce?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Really good........celery, celery and a little bit of cream cheese, three celerys with almond butter......carne asada with onions and bell peppers..........and more of the same. I could bore myself out of eating ........
Old 02-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Well I was bored with food but needed to do dishes.....I don't know why but cleaning the kitchen is my thing......it starts out my day better if I know that it's clean, the stove is wiped and the dishes are done. That way if I get crunched for time I know that I can go in there and grab something or cook something without having to clean it all up before I start. I know - kind of controly but whatever.

And while I was in there I got hungry.........so I chopped some romaine, a big fat Claussen dill pickle and dumped in a small can of tuna, squirted on some Miracle Whip (why? I don't know, just every once in a while I want that flavor) and then ate the whole thing. Now I know I've eaten and it was on plan, and it was good for me, so nothing more until maybe 2:30. Oh, and while I was in there I made s/f Jello for me for after I get home from the art show......and I know I'll want something then.

But between now and 2:30 I think I need to limit myself to water and tea, maybe coffee. I think I was getting to the point that I was thinking that I needed to eat all the time because I could but since I'm losing so very slow, that's obviously NOT the way to think. New day, new plan. I think I'll try the self-control thing for a while.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with you about the kitchen thing! I'm a much happier person if I have a clean kitchen

Did you sign up for ****** yet? Even if you sign up and use it for a week you'll have a better idea about the carb counts in things that might help your menus and progress!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #188
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Gooooood Morning Luce

I'm out in east bay much closer to you this morning. I should've planned it sooner and made you come pick me up so we could go to Chipotle for breakfast. YUP....I said breakfast. I can eat a burrito bol with triple salsa and hot sauce at 8am. The question is.......can you?!?!

hahaha

dangit. now I want a burrito bol
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Luce!! How was the art show?
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

SHUT UP! They're open at 8 a.m.? That is really nice to know.....one day we should all get one and then get on the computer at the same time and talk about it.

Art show? I got lots of great response and sold a small ink and watercolor for $25! So it was good. You don't usually sell stuff during the exhibit time. And the watercolor was one I just grabbed at the last minute.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Cool! Congrats on the sale. That just bought you Chipotle! Times THREE!! oooh yeah! hehe
Old 02-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #192
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Lucy goosy!!!

I just want to remind you about the 'fall seven times, stand up eight' motto. Believe in yourself a bit more and stay focused and everything will be fine. And you still need to tell me your story about that motto, remember??

Also, I want to confess something....

Today I bought 2 packs of gum (Trident Xtra Care, Peppermint), a 1 lb bag of almonds and a 1 lb bag of walnuts. Now, the bags of nuts will be leaving my direct possession because they'll be going to work with me tomorrow to put in my locker there to eat while i'm on the job. As for the gum, well....I ask that you please say a prayer for me after reading this. I ask for forgiveness for my past over consumptions and future guidance to prevent being strayed down that path again. (I'm laughing as I write this, but I'm totally serious at the same time i know i'm crazy)

Have a wonderful evening luce. Get ready cause the week of rain is supposed to start up tomorrow. YUCK!!

"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"....lalala's journey to goal
Old 02-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Yay! Rain! I have NO reason to go anywhere! Yippee! I think I'll break out the treadmill!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post
Yay! Rain! I have NO reason to go anywhere! Yippee! I think I'll break out the treadmill!

hehe
Old 02-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Got a good night's sleep and woke up earlier than I wanted to beCAUSE OF INSANE TELEMARKETERS WHO START AT 7 A.M. CRIMINY!!!

So I'm painting, and I'm painting and I'm doing tiny watercolors.......and then I got hungry. Went in, cleaned the kitchen, started the dishwasher (God, do I have a boring life?) And then I cooked three pieces of bacon, a cup of chopped cabbage, one very small onion and a 1/4 of a bell pepper, chopped, and then scrambled two eggs. Really good breakfast! That should hold me for a few hours.

So this is Day Two of "I'm stayin right on plan NoMatterWhat."

I'll be back later.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

I love cabbage! I'm glad I finally tried it

Glad you're stayin on plan!

Did you sign up for ******? This is the last time I'll bring it up it really helped me get a grasp of carb counts in stuff!

Quote:
I want brussel sprouts. I want brussel sprouts. I want brussel sprouts. Where did they get that name?
Brussels!

Brussels sprout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alton brown has a recipe that looks good, I'll just sub the apple for jicama or chayote (that I haven't tried yet). Someone else just fried them and mixed them with bacon. Yum.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

What a day. It gets away from me when I'm painting. I focused on a couple of small watercolors and then all of a sudden it was time to make dinner. So...I made salad with just lettuce and cabbage and a little bit of mayo with one tablespoon of chili sauce for dressing for the whole salad that fed three of us, and had some cooked hamburger meat on top. That's it for me. It was really filling and I don't think there was even two cups of the lettuce/cabbage mix. I think I'm done for the night. I'm going to watch a little tv and hit the sack. It's been raining off and on all day and it makes me want to be in blankies.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Have a nice Friday!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Okay......did I just get gipped out of a whole message? I think so!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

How's it goin Luce?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Mmmm......pretty good. Yesterday wasn't that terrific. I had a piece of cake. Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. Lots of painting so that's why I haven't been on here too much. And I've been selling some so that's really cool.

Bacon and eggs this morning.......probably in an hour or so. And steak and broccoli for dinner. Does that just scream YUM? I think so! I'll check back in in a bit.

Ohhh, I did want to say though, Latte, in watching you with your detailed log, and watching how you've been really careful in your portions, I've been trying to do the same. I really think that it's way too easy to over do the cheese, definately the vegetables, and meat.....I can eat a crapload of that, so I think trying to back up on portion size is definately going to help. How are you doing?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Luce! Cake!?!?

Yum, steak and broccoli!

It's super easy to go over on portions which is why I really like using my food scale along with ******. I can track, measure, measure again and track my food once more but my body always does whatever it wants so I can't go look back at the numbers and figure out what causes all of these nasty fluctuations.

Do you have anything fun planned this weekend?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #203
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Lucy goosy.....toss out that cake and get back on plan.

I know life is throwing tons of stress balls at everyone these days but we can't allow it to hold us back from progress (this is coming from the girl that ate 3 jars of almond butter in 3 days this past week....not only does it pack the pounds on my body but it's becoming an expensive habit at $5/jar that I'm no longer budgeting for myself). I know my eating has been way off the past 2 weeks. I've put on a couple pounds and I know why, but I can't dwell on it and I just need to get my ducks in a row and keep on trucking along. What more can we do?

So I'm telling you to get up and go for a nice walk outside right now (i'm sure it's gorgeous in your area just like it is up here in SF), clear your head, and recommit to a healthy lifestyle Luce. You owe it to yourself lady.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Hi Goobers! I'm fine........and I lost 5 lbs in the last two weeks. I've had maybe a couple of things that weren't on plan......I think I had a small baked potato last week, and there was something else but I can't remember what it was......not bread or pasta I know. But the other 98 per cent.... totally on plan. I've been making lots of chicken for some reason, baking it with mayo and parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper, with fresh asparagus just sauteed with mushrooms and salad........and I swear to you I think we had that four days in a row just because it was so good. I was eating too much red meat and probably more than I should so it's been a nice change. I haven't been snacking at all except for the occasional celery scoop of peanut butter but I can't remember when that was. . . it wasn't this week that's for sure. I've just been busy painting. Some of my watercolors have been selling so that's really what I've spent the most of my time doing. When I'm doing that I don't think of anything else. It's a good thing.

I'll check back tomorrow. I'm pooped tonight!

Luce
Old 03-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Luce! Congrats on the five pound loss! That's awesome
Old 03-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

I ate the best lunch and dinner the last couple of days........I get stuck on things.....

Cottage cheese, a handful of green olives, half dozen small tomatoes......and for dinner I added a broccoli crown with some grated cheese.... and a pile of almonds.

Yu Humm!!! PERFECT combo!!!! And if I was any lazier, I'd eat out of the containers.

Luce
Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds tasty! I love cottage cheese with dill, caraway and pepper. I used to HATE green olives but for some reason they're tolerable now. As I'm getting older I guess my tastes are changing. I guess that's cool.

Have a nice weekend!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #208
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
I ate the best lunch and dinner the last couple of days........I get stuck on things.....

Cottage cheese, a handful of green olives, half dozen small tomatoes......and for dinner I added a broccoli crown with some grated cheese.... and a pile of almonds.

Yu Humm!!! PERFECT combo!!!! And if I was any lazier, I'd eat out of the containers.

Luce
Luce...I miss you and I hope you're doing well. I loooooooooooooove cottage cheese and I eat it daily. I love the safeway lucerne brand cause it's sooooooooo creamy and good. I've been eating like 2-3 cups of it per day My sister and boyfriend both think it's gross that I'm so content with a huge tub of cottage cheese and a diet sprite

yuuuuuuum. don't get me started with almonds. put a cake/burrito/pizza/candy/pasta/carby crap in front of me and i'd always pick the almonds over that crap. ughhhhhhh. hahah. i'm glad you have such good control with them (please share that control with me )!!

I hope you're progressing in your journey and i'll be in touch with you soon
Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Hi Girlie girls! I am so sorry I've been so vacant/absent/whatever. The food isn't doing too bad. I've been a little off a couple of times, but only a couple and it wasn't bad - not like cake or ice cream or anything, just a couple of pieces of bread, and a small baked potato one time. Not at the same time though. I think potatoes make my joints ache. Does that happen to anyone else? And the bread......I wanted a hot dog bun one day. But all the rest of the time I haven't had any illegal stuff.

The cottage cheese.....I want to find a kind that ISN'T quite so creamy. Knudsen's Low Fat Cottage Cheese, in the pink and white carton used to be perfect and now it's too milky almost.

I made the best breakfast today! I was cooking breakfast for my husband and making bacon......and it was PERFECT.....and then I go to get eggs - there's none. So I'm looking in the fridge and wondering what I was going to make that I could have too.
SOOOOOO.....(okay, before we start, forgive me of this one half of a bun please, or I"m not going to tell you this.) Soo.....I opened up an Orowheat hamburger bun, spread mayo on it, heaped each side with sliced fresh mushrooms.....put that in the broiler until they started to look brownish sort of, then put sliced red onion, bell pepper, 1.5 pieces of bacon on each bun, and then added a slice of monterey jack cheese on top (of course, where else was I going to put it?) and put it back into the broiler until it was hot and bubbly. And actually, I ate not quite a half of one of the halves because 3/4 of the whole thing went to my husband who loved it. I had a cup of cottage cheese, two slices of apple, three celery stalks and two tablespoons of peanut butter.

New subject......... I was readin on here a bit ago, just some random posts, not in our threads but in other ones.......I think everyone eats too much. I know that that's been my problem.... it's like I have some thought that I can eat as much as I want of the "correct" foods to stay on plan, when clearly, my issue is self-control.

So I'lm going to think about that for a while.

Love you!

Luce
Old 03-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you're getting creative in the kitchen Luce! That's my favorite thing to do, making 'do' with what I have and finding new combinations for things

I know at times I can eat too much (of my "legal") food sometimes, usually triggered by too many veggies and/or cream cheese and almond butter (as far as I can tell). I agree with you though lady, I really need to understand that even though some of this stuff is my "legal" food, it doesn't mean I can go overboard with it.

I hope you have a nice weekend!