Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
"LaLaLa Joins the Peace Corps and Feeds the World, One Trail Mix Packet at a Time."

You Silly!

I did good today...... Bacon and eggs for breakfast, crisp TO PERFECTION! I had a medium salad with romaine, green cabbage, tomatoe, avocado and 1/4 of the roasted chicken breast that I set aside from last night. That was my lunch and it was yum. Then I killed the almonds that I bought last week, about 1/4 cup. Now they're gone and I might be over them. But they lasted a whole week and that was pretty good. Now I know that 1/4 cup is about a handfull. Dinner almost got shrugged off but I thought that I'd better not because I'd be cruising for stuff later. So I made a 1/3 lb hamburger patty with sliced mushrooms and a little over a cup of brussel sprouts with butter and sour cream. I'm stuffed. And now I'm over tired........I really need to get more sleep.

They're working on power lines on our street tomorrow so I may not have access to actually anything all day, in that case........have a fun day ! Maybe I'll sit around and think of how we can market a pack-pack like yours. Everybody should have one.

Luce

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
I hope you have power soon (if you don't already)! Just checkin in to see how your day was! Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Hi The power was back on at 4, just like they said it would be. The whole block was out while they were updating the lines underground, or whatever it is that they do while a bunch of them are standing around.

I don't know what I'm doing this weekend. I would kind of just like to nap, but it's late so maybe it's just that. Maybe movies? Maybe paint. Don't know.

Food today........ I don't even remember what I ate this morning......an egg? I don't remember cooking. I think maybe I had celery and peanut butter. Later in the afternoon I had two hot dogs with a handful of cheese, a squirt of mustard and a teaspoon of relish. And an hour or so later I had the same thing again. That held me until just a bit ago.....then I had some salad and about a 1/3 of a New York steak. Now I feel good.

Luce
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your weekend went well! Do you have menus planned for the week?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

I've been ALL DAY working on a couple of job applications that had to be done online........OMG what a pain in the ass! The questions, the reminders on the applications, the saving, the going back a page, go to the next page, go up, go down, give your references, and then the long long, really long explanations......some of the stuff I had to read three times to pick the sentence apart. Geeze, am I asleep? I think I am.....is this their way of screening out the illiterates? I am thinking God I hope so.

Anyway... this morning (like at noon) I had some roast beef and part of a poached egg. And now I'm heading out to the freezer to see what I can nuke to eat later. But I think I'll pop some cauliflower into a pot for now because now - I'm crazy starving.

How bout you?

Luce
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Mmmm cauliflower! I can't wait until I add in more veggies again

How was your day?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

The day? Busy..........just with stuff. Getting ready (sort of) for our little party tomorrow. I think I know what I'm fixing for snacks.......tell me if this is way too much... so far I don't know at all how many people are coming.....great RSVPers so I"m not sure how much I should make so I'm only making things that I know will be okay if I have a ton of leftovers.

Meatballs (maybe)
An artichoke heart/cream cheese/parmesan cheese dip
Spring onion dip
plates of carrots, bell pepper, celery, cucumber, broccoli, and cauliflower
stuffed mushrooms (cream cheese, onions, celery, minced bell pepper, water chestnuts chopped)
Cheese cubes, salami, pepperoni and crackers
So that's it.......what do you think?

Luce
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Your food menu sounds yummy! What do you have for drinks? I think your list looks good, lots of appetizer-ish things that everyone always loves YUM! Good idea on making things that would be okay for you to have as leftovers.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

I opted to not do drinks......I either over buy or there's not enough, so I'll do coffee and water and iced tea but I told everyone, when they asked what they could bring, to bring whatever they wanted to drink.......so I'm pretty much off the hook. Several people have been sick or are just getting over being sick so I'm not sure how this is going to go. We'll see. If it's a flop.....then I don't have to cook all weekend and I'll just try it again when the weather is better. Personally, I HATE going out when it's so cold, so we'll see. If it's totally a bust, I'll be on here!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

I looked last night at the carb count on water chesnuts, which I was going to use in one of my dips........yeah, not so good. I'm thinking I can achieve the same crunch effect by using radishes instead......and a considerable savings both carb wise and financially! And it would add a little bit of spice (or whatever).......off to cook a steak.

Luce
Old 02-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Good idea on the radishes! I hope everything turned out well!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

OMG! We had 16 people show up........I was barely ready and ended up tossing the mushoom idea out. I'll fix that tomorrow for dinner or something There was just no time to do one more thing. As it was two people showed up 1/2 hour early and I ditched them to hop in the shower. We had a great time though .........now I"m pooped.I did make the quick version of the cream cheese/jalapenos/parmesan cheese/artichoke heart dip and it was great! I'm off to bed. My feet are killing me from the standing and chopping. Later gator.

Luce
Old 02-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you had a great time! I hope you're sleeeeeping now and relaxing!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Just leaving some hugs for ya lady!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone~ All my two friends!
I had that party Friday night, which was great, but even better, I had celery, carrots, broccoli, radishes and cucumbers left over. And I'd planned on making stuffed mushrooms but never got the chance so I made them tonight and had a few of them with a baked chicken leg and some broccoli.

I got probably a pound +/- of white mushrooms. I put in my food processor the following:
1/2 package of cooked and crumbled sausage. Maybe a 1/3 pound?
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (from the plastic container in the store, I didn't grate it)
About 3/4 cup of shredded Mozzerella cheese
1 package of cream cheese
1 artichoke heart (from the jar)(and only because I didn't want to waste it and I like the little jar)
1/4 bell pepper
1 Tblsp of canned jalapenos
Probably 15 stems taken from the mushrooms

Chop it all up, smooch little blobs of the mixture in and piled up on each mushroom cap, then put them in a hot oven, 450 degrees, for maybe 15 minutes. (I never remember how long so YOU watch them.) When they're hot and bubble they're done.

I could only eat 5 of them and I was stuffed and there was a crapload of the mixture left, so I can have more tomorrow. The mixture is like a very, very thick paste. Probably the cream cheese gluing it all together. It's really good and doesn't really require much other seasoning. I have to check the carb count to really know what's in there.

I'll be back.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Holy Somkes! I just looked up the carb count on all those ingredients and the amounts I used and it looks like the whole recipe amounted to 17.2 g of carbs. I made probably 15 of them but there was a ton of the mixture left over. I could probably fill, easy, 20 more mushrooms. It seems crazy that THAT would make them a little over one carb each..........? Really?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #167
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Lucy...you my dear friend are funny. So I'm humming peanut butter tunes in your ear now, huh? That's cute!! Since I buy the kinds of pb and almond butter that are all natural, they usually come in glass jars and now I've decided to save them to reuse them. I wash them really well and scrub off the labels. Well in the past month and a half, I've accumulated 6 jars YES....Please diagnose me!

As for going to Chipotle, due to the excessive amount of work I've been committing myself to lately, I have a surplus of spending money. Besides the fact that I'm $40,000 in debt due to school, I'm put aside 'fun' money from each paycheck to use for 'fun' stuff. Since I don't go out to do things ever, all my 'fun' money is spent on food. . Come to SF and I'll take you to Chipotle with my fun money.

Have a wonderful night

I just ate a ton of food and I'm mega bloated now. I have to get to bed shortly to wake up at 6 am for work. Which by the way, have you heard back from any of the places you applied to?

"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"....lalala's journey to goal
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Lalala.......you're seriously scary........but WAYYYYYYYYYy funny!!! When I get bored I go back and read some of your "foodie" days. There's some good stuff in there!

I just got back from Trader Joe's... I always forget how much I love it there! But really, weird little observation.....I rarely see people who look healthy in there? WHY is that? They haven't eaten healthy for years and they're just now getting to it? They're like big potato bugs that only come out at dusk? None of the people that I saw in the store looked like they got enough sun. Seriously! Anyway.......I got salted pistachios, almond, extra sharp white cheddar cheese, and my first jar of almond butter.

HOLY CRAP! Where has this stuff been all my life? At your house?
I can totally see your wacky obsession with it. The gum? No. The almond butter? OHHHHHHHHHhhh yessssssssss. In fact... I have to go eat some now!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome to the new world... the world with almond butter. Mmmmm.

That stuff is so good I don't buy it anymore.

I hope you had a nice day!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

I dropped THREE POUNDS!!! Yayyyyy....finally. Maybe I'm figuring out how this works a little bit better.

Today's food:
2 slices of carne asada cut into slivers
1/2 bell pepper, slivered
1 small onion, cut up
Fry it all in a tablespoon of olive oil
Add 1/16 of cabbage at the last couple of minutes just for crunch and bulk and whatever
add 1/2 sliced avocado and 1/3 of a chopped tomato
2 tablespoons of sour cream

YUUUUHHHHH HUMMMMMMM..........and by the way, it's really too much to eat so I eat about half of it, put it in the fridge and eat the other half later. I'm stuffed!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo!!! Congrats
Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Oh! I can't WAIT to hear what you think about Chipotle!! yum!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

I still haven't gone yet. And I won't probably go today either. Honestly, today, I just do not feel like it. I don't feel like cooking. I don't feel like chopping, or shopping or eating lettuce or anything that requires real effort. I don't want to broil meat or eat a hard boiled egg, or get up and get a string cheese. I just don't feel like it.

And this is the kind of thinking that has gotten me where I am today........

So I guess I'll get my sorry rear up and away from the computer and see what kind of wonderful concoction I can make with what I have in the fridge, and that stays on plan, because it doesn't matter how I feel ....if I eat wrong the fat still applies itself to my ass, and if I eat right, it doesn't.......but the one thing is - it just doesn't matter how I feel or what I think about it, that's just the way it is and if I want to consistently be heading in a downward weight direction I better learn to play the game. No matter how annoyed it makes me.

I'll be back.

Lucy
Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

I can't wait to hear about the wonderful concoction you came up with!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #175
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Luce, I went to Chipotle on Friday and happily inhaled my meal while sadly being reminded that you have gone through life thus far without experiencing something as great as Chipotle I thoroughly enjoyed it though but I wish you could partake as well. It's THAT amazing :blush:

Anyways lady, I hope your job hunt is moving forward. Like I told latte, I feel like I've just been dropped back on earth so I have tons to catch up with. I won't be going out of town for work on the weekends for the next 3 weeks but I'll be working during the week and I still have tons more to do.

I'll try to be a better low carb friend to all Have a wonderful day and go out and enjoy the weather. I was walking outside yesterday in a t-shirt cause it was in the 70's

Maybe you could take a nice long walk up to SF and I'll meet you at chipotle
Old 02-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

You SILLY.......now THAT walk would burn some serious calories and probably half my hiney but I think I'd look like the Bird Lady in Home Alone by the time I got there. BAg Lady here I come. I JUST posted a message about Chipotle on your blog! Hahahaha I think some of the information there was sort of slanted because certainly if you take out the rice and beans you've taken out the worst of the salad OR the bowl. I can't wait to try it! I'm trying to get control - over two of my worst things to control - money and food. I may even be a little better at the food thing than the money, but maybe not since I notice that I stockpile freezer stuff, and most of it's meat. I get embarrassed.......seriously, do I think that they're never going to make meat "again at this price?" I think that's my weird trip up with the food.......like what? Am I going to never see a cheeseburger again in my life? Will I forget how to make them? Will they quit producing hamburger while I'm controlling my eating? What is the problem? While I'm changing my eating do I think that all of the restaurants on this planet will switch to high carb thus making eating out a lifetime impossibility? Clearly, I've never been without food, never starved, never lived in a country where I've had to stand in line to get bread and/or milk.........so WHAT is the problem that I feel like I must have it just in case I don't get it? I need to get all these people out of my head!

Not breakfasting yet......having coffee.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
Maybe you could take a nice long walk up to SF and I'll meet you at chipotle
Oh!!! Let me find my good walking shoes, I'm ON MY WAY!!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Look! All three of us are on here at the same time!! "clap:
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #179
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I'll take both you girls out to dinner for burrito bols.

All this crazy working I've been doing lately, has money flowing out of my pockets (only cause I haven't had time to go to the bank yet, not cause I'm not in mega debt that needs to get paid off)!!

Come to SF, I'll introduce you to my buddies at my chipotle. They KNOW not to jip me on any component of my bol cause I'll annoy them til they get it right. I take my food VERY seriously, especially my burrito bols!!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post
I stockpile freezer stuff, and most of it's meat. I get embarrassed.......seriously, do I think that they're never going to make meat "again at this price?" I think that's my weird trip up with the food.......like what? Am I going to never see a cheeseburger again in my life?
Hi! I stockpile beef.. but then again, I order it by quarters (of the whole cow) so I HAVE to stockpile it. Mmm.. beef.

How was your day today?