Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
Thank you. My son is 27 and it just seems like it went by so fast. It's one of the best experiences. Anyway...... I'm off to drink water and watch tv. Good night.
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Okay, pop quiz - WHAT is worse than the smell of broccoli, steaming, that's run out of water and the pan has burned? Seriously - I've burnt the copper on my pot. My dog, who usually comes in to see if she can beg for whatever food is happening, didn't even come in the room, or even close.

So the Big Breakfast - Steamed yet remarkably tasting burnt broccoli head, and two hamburger patties with a handful of grated cheese on top, cottage cheese.

Oh, and cold coffee.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post
So the Big Breakfast - Steamed yet remarkably tasting burnt broccoli head, and two hamburger patties with a handful of grated cheese on top, cottage cheese.

Oh, and cold coffee.
Wait, steamed and burnt?!

I LOVE super crispy almost burnt roasted broccoli, I love its crunchyness. I'm sure all of the nutrients are long gone when I finally eat it though.

How did your stuff turn out that you had in the kiln yesterday?

I hope your weigh in tomorrow goes well! It's my weigh in day too.
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Lunch - four pieces of thin, very thin sliced turkey breast with cream cheese, 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 of a tomato with salt and pepper, and one string cheese. And something gave me heartburn.

Dinner - not positive but it includes the brussel sprouts I'm steaming........and hopefully won't burn the pan.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

How'd the Brussels sprouts turn out? Have a nice Friday!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Holy crap.....I let the water burn out of that too! I don't know what's wrong with me, I just get distracted and forget about it. But at least that pot didn't burn black like the other one did. I have to look online to find out how to get the black off with out spending 1/2 a can of Comet and scrubbing it to death. How are YOU doing?

You're not talking much.

L
Old 01-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

B - Scrambled eggs with cheese, carne asada strips with onion and bell pepper, one piece of bacon. Water.
S - Salad of 1 cup of romaine, 1/3 tomatoe, 1/3 cup broccoli.....
D - Chicken breast baked with mayo and parmeasan cheese, brussel sprouts.
Water.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post
Holy crap.....I let the water burn out of that too! I don't know what's wrong with me, I just get distracted and forget about it. But at least that pot didn't burn black like the other one did. I have to look online to find out how to get the black off with out spending 1/2 a can of Comet and scrubbing it to death. How are YOU doing?

You're not talking much.

L
Hi!

I'm good, just busy trying to get things around the house

I have no idea how to get the black stuff off
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

The one pan, the first one, is still sitting in the sink waiting for me to miraculously clean it. There's not vegetables or anything in it now, I got all that stuff. The only thing that remains is the black. The constant reminder that I get distracted by loads of stuff.
That said, I did roast some cauliflower, only a little because I have yet to go buy more, and I didn't want to mess up perfectly good cauliflower on something that's not a sure bet quite yet. And OKAY! I see the draw. I don't know that I roasted it long enough because it was still a bit soft, BUT if you sprinkle parmesan cheese over it, or or and/or add some butter and toss it around a bit.........holy crap it's good!!! I can see it now!

So I'm off to paint........I've got some of my stuff on Facebook......but I've got an idea and I need to go with it. So see ya.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #130
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Lucy my dear....hello there I'm back

Firstly, I told you that roasted cauliflower is delicious. Did you not believe me or trust my judgement? I'm telling you to roast it fully and you will be in love. Although with all your burn accidents lately you may need to let me know when you pop them in the oven so I can call you and tell you when to pull them out

Hope you had a wonderful day. What are your plans for tomorrow?
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Thank God you're back........really, there's no one on here that has SuCH a good discussion about food as you!!!! Tell me again how long I'm supposed to roast the cauliflower. I don't think I can burn it in the oven..... because it's on foil!!!! Yay for foil!! Yay for Pam! Yay for Parmesan cheese!

Tomorrow? I'm getting more cauliflower because it's only 98 cents a head at the moment. Then I'm going to make ranch dip, then cut up all my salad stuff and get ready for the week. I've got some painting to do so that will keep me busy. If I'm working on a project I don't get distracted by food so much. And I'm taking the carrot cake over to my son's house when we transport his BBQ that we got him for his birthday. He and his girlfriend can handle the cake way better than I can.

What are YOU doing?

Luce
Old 01-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #132
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Awww...thank you so much Lucy. It's funny that you say that cause the girls I work with on the weekends always tell me I know more about food and I talk about it more than anyone they know. They also told me I 'eat like a fat girl' but they don't know where I put it away at since I'm so skinny to them (they are a bit overweight so to them I'm tiny).

I will email you the link with a recipe for the roasted cauliflower. Also, where do you do your grocery shopping at? I know that here in SF there are tons of produce stands and little markets around me where I can get lots of cheap veggies and such so I don't know if you have similar places around you.

I am doing absolutely nothing today. I have a list of errands I need to run but it was pouring rain all morning. Now it has stopped but I'm too lazy/full to get up and move. Ya....I'm a sloth

"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"....lalala's journey to goal
Old 01-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I'm going to paint........orrrrrrrrrrr, watch one of my very favorite movies of all time and I don't even know why......"Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill"........have you seen it? I went out to the store and got armed for the week, during one of the little pockets of no rain. Now it's blue, yet cloudy, skies here for the time being. gotta go check on my cauliflower.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Yep, it was pretty close to what I did, *(the recipe)......I just added parmesan cheese and garlic powder........and the other day I did it with what broccoli I had left over and it was REALLY GOOD!!! I LovE you for that!! Now I have to go cook some meat and do something creative for a bit. Later!!! And I DID check my email! You!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Mark it down.....at this very moment in time - 3:14 p.m. Monday....I could be almost a vegetarian......I took my cauliflower out of the oven , not quite cruncy but brownish and quite tasty.......put a tablespoon of sour cream on it, a little bit of butter, and then topped it with my meat/cabbage/bell pepper concoction.......got a string cheese which I probably won't eat and I have this heaping bowl of tastiness just waiting for me! So bye.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

I LOVE cauliflower mm yumm.

I hope you have a nice weekend!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

I've been doing really well. Right on plan, but I decided to back off on the vegetables a little. I could figure out why I wasn't doing very well and then I looked up the carbs for all the cauliflower, broccoli and brussel sprouts I was eating and folks, let me tell you, I was overdoing it in THAT department too. So, I've slowed down so much on that. I'll weigh on Monday and see how that goes.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Tell me Lucy - how do I kow the Authentic me? I've been on this treadmill of overeating/dieting for so long. Somehow - just your title got my attention. Like you - have lots of lbs to dispense with. I'm the original 2lb down, 1lb up, 1 lb down - 2 lb up - etc - you get the drift. Has writing the blog kept you on target? Or do you find it gets old? Kinda in the vein - same old - same old? Don't I just sound like a doom/gloom gal this evening. Just get tired of dancing this same old dance - so many years now. But there is no other way - have to keep at it. Tomorrow will be a better day - sung to the tune of "Annie".............Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

By the way - love all the things you and your posters have done with veggies. I need to try a few of them. Linda
Old 01-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Luce! I hope you're having a nice weekend and good luck for your weigh in tomorrow! I can go crazy with veggies too, eating them makes me want them more and more and more so I just have to say NO!!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Hi Little Miss Latte~ I'm having a great weekend and it seems (and this is to Linda too) that the more I eat on plan, the more I eat on plan. I swear!!! And yes, Linda, I think the blog (or journal) might help......I think just putting down the struggles of the bite here, the bite there, made it become real to me. I mean SERIOUSLY......can my ass have really gotten this size if I was not eating? No. And I think finally, maybe, the honesty will help me. You can fib to everyone else, but really, in your heart of heart, you can't lie to yourself because you know. And I had to really think about (but didn't go into on here) what's the payoff to me to stay fat? All THAT does is allow me to never actually TRY because I can blame everything on my weight. Interesting don't you think? I know that my whole entire life won't be perfect when I lose weight, but at least I'll know that it wasn't because I was overweight. And you know what? I have a right to be whoever I want to be and a fat one isn't it.

Linda - if there's ANYTHING you want to talk about or ask me, if I can help in anyway, just message me!!

Luce
Old 01-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Luce, I like your style lady. So much of what you have said about- well - all of us - ahem - 'larger' ladies. lol - doesn't that just make it seem better? Yeah right - don't think so either. We can all identify in one way or another. I'm trying to figure out just why I can stay on a good path for so long - sometimes months - then veer away and undo all the good that I did. What's with that anyway? I know I get so tired of watching everything - worrying about gaining - and end up with an attitude that definitely needs adjusting to getting back to the simple fact - I can't live with these runaway eating habits. One thing for sure - getting bigger year by year just has to stop.

Linda
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Linda~ Amen Sista! I don't care how difficult this is, I don't care if I have to start over every single day.......it's not that different than what my thin friends do.....they may eat a bunchof junk one day, but then the next ten days they eat normal. And it doesn't matter whether MY metabolism isn't like theirs, everything just does not get to be fair sometimes and this is one of those times, but so what? Shall I retaliate (on myself) by exercising my choice to eat poorly just because I CAN? Wow. When did I wake up and realize that I have lived my life only to sabotage myself? It doesn't matter at this point all my self-analyzing reasons for putting the weight on - the only thing that matters is "can I let whatever it is go?... and what can I do with the body I've got now?"

So that said, I know I can get up and move every change I get. I know I can quit asking people to get me a drink of water (because they're going that way) and get up and get it myself......I can get up and stretch to the sky 10 times and touch my toes (amazingly I can actually still put my palms on the floor).... I can still go and grab two spaghetti sauce cans out of the cupboard and do 10 or 20 arm lifts, put them back and know I did more than I did yesterday.......and that's a good thing.

So I am just altering how I think and what I do, an eensy at a time and hope that it builds just like stashing change......eventually it adds up.....right? Yes.

I cannot make cracks about my size at the expense of myself anymore. No!

Luce
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Okay......crabby day! My husband come home and ate a piece of my bacon. Unreasonable? Yes. He can eat ANYthing and actually has to just to keep weight on. Does that irritate the crap out of me? Yes. Did my breakfast that I'd waited to cook all morning sit on the counter while I fixed him some? Yes. Did it irritate me? Yes. Do I want chocolate or nuts or toffee peanut popcorn that has no nutritional value whatsoever and is the exact kind of hell I want to run to? Yes. Do I feel like slapping somebody. You guessed it - YES!!!

What did I have? Tuna with mayo, lettuce, a hard boiled egg and two radishes.

*breathing* I'm okay now.

*takes a bow* Thank you. Thank you for your support.

Lucy
Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

hehehe

Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #146
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Luce,

I get annoyed when my bf does that too but they're just thinking with their empty tummies, not like they plan to eat the OUR food so cut the man a tiny bit of slack. Then make him get up and make you something you can eat since he ate your stuff

And yes...you are ok. The world is full of yummy foods. A missing strip of bacon can be replaced. Now if someone ate the rest of my almond butter or my last bag of almonds. HOLY COW.....I swear it would be WORLD WAR III. As long as there are no negative intentions behind it, we will both survive!!!

Have a wonderfully productive day (I know you're busy) and NO bites or nibbles!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

NO bites or nibbles! I did make a French Toast Casserole to take to friends this morning. And someone I knew had no groceries, so this morning I cooked a steak and ate it while I was waiting for the casserole to cook. Then I boxed up six birds that I needed to send this morning to their new home, dug around in my freezer and realized "Oh yeah, I'm a hoarder,", and from my freezer, without even making a dent, I pulled a large pacakage of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, hamburger, London broil, hot dogs, and butter. Then I went to the cupboard and pulled pasta, Sloppy Joe mix, noodles, cereal, tuna and vegetables. WHAT IS UP with that? So... I divvied up the French toast, left some for my husband and son, and headed off for friend $1, stopped and got gas, got a seat belt ticket, dropped food off along with package #1FT; went by the post office and mailed the 6 birds to Massachusetts, then went to Friend #2 who just had her gall bladder removed and gave she and her husband FT package #2&3. They ate it, and loved it.......and I was there until 5 p.m. Headed back across town and made it home......to start dinner, right after I unloaded the dishwasher. Tuna casserole for them. A head of cauliflower dressed with sour cream and cheese. The end. *bowing*

Last edited by OhLucy; 01-26-2010 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: I forgot something in my day list.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #148
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

hahah I love that you bowed at the end of your post

and how nice of you to make food for your friends. good job for no tastes or nibbles.

and remember that no good deed goes without a reward....I'm sorry that you were rewarded with a ticket (but you should've been wearing your seat belt anyways!)

I'm tired and I have so much work to do
Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

I know I should have been wearing one......I just hate it. And what's worse is he drove by me, then he parked and when I came up to the stop sign I saw him but by then I figured it was too late and he was lit up before I even got through the intersection. But he was nice and I was nice and it was fine. My own fault.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #150
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

It's ok Luce, it happens.

I hope you had a nice day. Mine was hectic again as usual. I'm behind in my classes already, and stressed to the max on a minute by minute basis.

I'll catch up with you by email sooner than later...I swear!!!

And I kinda don't want you to experience the greatness that is Chipotle without me hahah. I've introduced lots of people to the wonderful world of burrito bols and they say I've enlightened them. I want you to feel the same way. Is that selfish? I think so!! Go ahead and go and enjoy every minute and morsel of it as long as you think of me with each chew of every bite. Think of me trekking on the streets of SF and on the Muni with a backpack nearly half my weight striking up random conversations with complete strangers, that typically end in me offering them a Rice Krispy treat or a bag of trail mix that I have stowed in side pocket #2 on the left hand side