Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
I'm just doing low carb and trying to keep it under 20 per day. I weighed on the 28- or 29th and I'd lost five pounds. I think I really started to be serious. I've actually BEEN serious but I kept allowing a bite here and a bite there and so I knew it was going to be a big stall, or a big wash, but I knocked that out of my brain so I'm good now. I'll weigh at the end of this week ... I think I'll do that, just weigh officially every Friday or Saturday and that will be my gauge. I get on the scale every day but that's just to ....I don't know......keep me in tune?

I really notice both in my own life, but also by other people's posts, that if I've already got what I CAN eat here and ready I can actually do this, but when I don't have the right alternatives around, I'm just screwed up. I realized that THAT was where "the bites" came in. If I'm full of what I CAN eat, I'm not all that crazy about what I shouldn't eat. FOR instance... I made lasagna last night. The whole rest of my family can eat it, it's pasta, I can't. It makes me want bread, and then it morphs into garlic bread and then it morphs into four pieces, WITH butter, and all that morphs into self loathing.

So, before I even assembled the lasagna, which was the laziest batch of lasagna I've EVER made, by the way, so before that, I made MY dinner so that I was pretty much stuffed with meat and vegetables before I even started. That made it easy. And so the only thing I did was when the lasagna was done, I ripped a small square of that top cheese off and ate it. I'm going to do that with zucchini I think........cook a glob of that and then add a couple of tablespoons of sauce on top and melt mozzerella over it......OMG, doesn't that sound YUMMMM?
So what are YOU doing?

Luce

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

I was in the shower this morning and was bending over shaving my legs and I thought, "wow, I've been bent over (I know this is really dumb) for a while now scrubbing the cuticles on my toes and I'm not even feeling like "omg, this is going to kill me when I get up," ........okay, maybe you haven't had THAT problem but geeze some days getting dressed and tying my shoes were an aerobic activity for me, and I don't LOOK as fat as I weigh.

Let me rethink that last statement. mmmm, yeah, I probably do.

You know what I'd like to do when my weight is down? I'd love to take a self-defense class or a kick boxing class .........just becuase I would really like to know that I could kick some serious ass if I wanted to. Why? I don't know. Just because.

How about you? Is there anything that you'd love to do, just because?

Lucy
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Do you want to know what is the most frustrating thing ever? To find sugar free Hershey's chocolate syrup that has 1 g. carb per two TBLSP, and not be able to get the top off! Seriously. And I didn't want to tell anyone I have it because it will be gone before I can go to look for it again. But at this point I can't even open it to taste it. It was going to go on my frozen (in a sour cream container so that it wouldn't be detected) whipped cream. I am bummed.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

"Oh.......what did I eat today?" I asked Myself. Rotisserie chicken leg, a pile of broccoli with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese melted on it. 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 tomato......one TBLSP of sour cream. That's it so far. Kind of discombooberated day.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hey Luce!

I still suggest that you read Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution. It doesn't mean you have to follow "Atkins" but it gives you an extremely solid foundation. Once you understand these fundamentals you won't want to cheat and the carbage that has previously tempted you will no longer be a threat. I can let you borrow mine if you'd like, just as long as you send it back!

You should get a whole bunch of veggies, chop them up and put them in little containers or snack size bags - this is a wonderful 'go-to' snack when you're hungry and very convenient. I usually set aside some time on Sundays to prep this for the week. This week my munchies are persian cucumbers (thanks to lalala for turning me on to these!!!). Next week will probably be zucchini of some sort or string cheese.

My weigh in days lately have been Fridays also, so I'll be your weigh in buddy!

I also want to give kick boxing a try one of these days, that and/or taekwondo. I think it would be fun and I would be able to protect myself (and others) if I ever needed to. I'm also going to take motorcycle safety class (get my motorcycle endorsement) when I get to goal!! I'm not going to get a bike, but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time! Another thing I want to do is ROLLER DERBY!!!

Your food today sounds yummy! I avocados!

Your picture up there ^^ didn't work but it pulled up your facebook! I'm not stalking you, really.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

I actually have the book and have read it..........I guess maybe I need to re read it again since I must be doing something wrong because people keep telling me to read the book.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

I cannot FIND my book......And I knowit's around here somewhere. I'll find it, or I'll order another from Amazon........although I could get the basic stuff from the website, right? I really DO want to do this the right way.

Today's food:
B - hamburger patty, one slice of American cheese ( and let me go on the record to say YUCK!) and two bacon slices. Salad (head lettuce should not be able to be consumed before noon, by the way, and really? Head lettuce, and a bowl full of it? Seriously? It's the most flavorless stuff. It should not be allowed except in tuna or something.)

L- Very late - three deviled eggs, two stalks of celery, 1 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 tomato, one tblsp sour cream.

Dinner - Probably 15 brussel sprouts (yes, there will be gas later) with a pat of butter, and a tblsp of sour cream, very small sprinkle of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 New York steak, cubed and pan seared with several slices of bell pepper and onion.

Water.......yes, there is, was and will be water!!

I'm stuffed.... Oh.......and I made rice and didn't even have ONE bite!!! Not one!

:whistling:
Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

No breakfast yet this morning. I feel better than I did yesterday but I've been nursing my coffee for a few hours and doing some computer work so I've just been too lazy to go in there and fix it. I'll have bacon and eggs when I get to it.

And, I'm happy to say that even though I couldn't find my book - which I know is around here because I put it in a special place so I wouldn't lose it (but still cannot find it), I just ordered a new one last night on Amazon. I don't think mine was the newest version so it can only help me to re read it. I know, I know, knowledge is power. It should be here by early next week.

I'll check in later.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #100
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Hello there lady. I miss you lots and I'm glad to see you're doing well (no bites of rice is fabulous ).

Just want to check in with you and say hi. I'm still alive but sick. This cough and sore throat will not escape me I just got home from a long days work and I need to eat and pack since I have a full day of work in the morning then I fly to SoCal for the weekend to work for 14 hours on Saturday I'll be flying back in on Sunday afternoon so I won't be back until then. Just wanted to send some warm and positive wishes to my cricket

And don't you looooove brussels sprouts? I steam them lightly then I toss in butter, salt and pepper and roast them until they are browned a bit on the edges. Wow...I love em' but they make me musical too

"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"....lalala's journey to goal
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin Luce!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Hi! I'm pissed off this morning. I've been really, really good, all week and it looks like I lost three pounds but I can't really tell becuase my scale wobbles around. I know I feel like I've lost more, but I'm pissed off anyway. I think maybe I just feel like being pissed off. It actually makes me feel good to say it somehow. I've got pottery I need to ship and I went in to the hall closet and my son and husband just crammed stuff in there from Christmas, so that really irritated me and I threw everything out of there and re-stored it........and then my feet hurt for some insane reason and they have been for a few days, ......what else......mmmm....if I want breakfast I have to go in there and cook it and I don't feel like it. And some idiot on CraigsList decided to respond to my son's stolen truck alert with some "work at home" crap......what the heck? So I fired back a "you're an idiot" message to them, which actually probably fueled my pissed off-ness rather than got rid of it. Now maybe I'll stomp around for a bit and burn off some more calories, because clearly, I'm out of my mind at the moment. I'll check back in a little bit later. I'll be better then. After I get some stuff to the post office. I'm just crabby. It goes away kind of quick though.

Luce
Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Well....that was at noon. Now it's 5 o'clock and I'm winding down my crabbiness. Took a while. I figured out that really, I just get mad at myself. My feet hurt, which has never been a problem before so why not now? It's got to be the weight, there is no other reason.....sitting at the computer doesn't really help either so I won't be on here long.

So I'm down three pounds which is good, but not very. I don't think I've had any mis steps in the last week.... I've had no bread, pasta, or beans or rice or chips or whatever. I've not even eaten a lot a nuts.......so I don't get it. The only thing that I can think of is that I've eaten a fair amount of meat. That could be it because it takes so much longer to digest or pass through or however you want to look at it. And my irritation is just at myself ........ the weight, the fact that I should have shipped these things that I did at least a week ago, the closet should never gotten in a mess.....and it all hinges on MEEEEEE doing something. I hate that when all the roads lead back to me.
So what did I do? Took a little drive with my daughter, mailed 2 of 3 packages at the post office, went to the store, came back and started lunch for my son and husband and proceeded to steam broccoli, peel an egg, make a salad. Sat down to check email and ate all the broccoli and almost all the salad. That it for the day. Now I'm sitting down to prop up my feet, which hopefully will feel better in a day or so.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the three pounds!

It's hard to figure out what foods make you stall, what slow down progress, what speed up progress, etc.. It's so frustrating! I've seen that a LOT of people stall when they eat too many nuts or their weight loss just slows down.

I hope your foot feels better!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Today was pretty good. I got to bed by midnight and slept pretty good until 6 a.m., and then 7 a.m., and then it was 8:30 when I saw the clock again, but by then I think I laid in bed too long so I was a little groggy. It took a while to snap out of it. But, I wasn't so achy today...... maybe it was the water, or maybe, as someone suggested, maybe my calcium/magnesium/vitamin levels were low.........in any case, I took a couple of calcium/mag pills last night and I will again just to see if maybe that's it, because other than the few handfuls of cheese on my broccoli or salad, that's all the calcium I'm getting I think.

And though it doesn't say it on the scale, I know I'm down a few more pounds than it says because the waistband on my jeans would cross over by a couple of inches.......AND yet another shirt in my closet fits better than it has in ages. So....this means that maybe my back was fat? OH MY GOD........that's horrible!!! I have never had back cleavage before and the thought of it grosses me out.

So - all that said - FOOD TODAY - Saturday, Jan. 9 -

B - Scrambled eggs with 3 slices of bacon, bell pepper, and 1/2 avocado.
S - handful of almonds
L - hot dog, more almonds, water, water, water
D - 1/2 head of cauliflower, cheddar and mozzerella cheese, two hot dogs

I'm stuffed and done with eating for the night. I decided that since our church is doing a fast, that I would give up food in the evenings, because it's a discipline, and my flesh doesn't like it, so I've decided to MAKE it obey. We'll see how that goes.

And how are you? And oh my, is that YOU on your facebook page? In the profile picture? You're adorable! And I'm a gazillion years older than you.

Luce
Old 01-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

I'm having my lovely breakfast/lunch of steak strips stirfried with onion and bell pepper, and cauliflower with sour cream and cheese. OMG - it's great!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

I probably should up my calcium too, I think everything else is fine.

Congrats on the clothes getting bigger!

Yep, that's me in my FB profile pic, it was taken when I went to Seattle back in Sept.. I wanted to add you as my friend but it doesn't give me the option to!

Your lunch sounds amazing! Save me a seat I'm coming over for dinner!

Old 01-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

I know!! My food was amazing. *sigh* And pretty soon I can have more. I stashed a sour cream container full of whipped cream in the freezer......holy smokes, it's great! And I put some sugar free chocolate sauce on it.......YU HUM! But I only want a few bites because that just sounds like a lot and it's really good, but the whole portion control thing comes in to play.

I'll look on my Facebook and see if I can add you!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Okay, big confession time - I've eaten almost 2 pounds of almonds in about 4 days time. The worst part, as if that wasn't bad enough, I threw in a handful of Hot Tamales and found out that they go really good together - sweet and salt. And so now I cannot have almonds anymore because I have trouble stopping. And what's worse is I think it's totally stalled any weight loss. So....really, I'm over it. They're gone and I can't trust myself with them......and the salt, crazy! I woke up with a huge headache which I think was all that salt late at night.

HOWEVER, my other eathing has been really good. I hope that in a couple of days I can see the results of NO almonds (or Hot Tamales)......I'm truly repentant.

Breakfast today - Twe strips of carne asada with 1/4 sliced onion, 1/3 bell pepper, one big stalk of broccoli with handful of Mozzerella cheese on top.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

So.....my breakfast was two strips of carne asada with 1/4 sliced onion, 1/3 bell pepper, one big stalk of broccoli with handful of Mozzerella cheese on top.
L - two chicken drumsticks, a string cheese, two celery stalks with cream cheese.
D - The same as breakfast but no cheese. Water, water, water.

NO ALMONDS. Of course I ate them all so why would there be any? And I didn't trust myself to go to the store so I had my husband go to get chicken breasts because they were on sale for $1.28 a pound! That's for tomorrow.

My NEW and Improved Atkins book came in the mail today and I've gotten through the first four chapters and it addresses everything that I've been doing wrong, so I won't belabor all those points but I will now be diligent because it's right there in the book. I was overlooking several things. My bad.

I don't know just how much screwing around I thought I could get away with, a little regular catsup here, a little cranberry sauce there, ......even when this is so important to me. And it makes me really mad at myself, I mean really? - I waste so much time......I've wasted most of this last month and don't even mention the last crap load of years. So....again.....from this point forward......by the book. I want to see several, SEVERAL pounds gone by next Monday when I weigh myself. If I don't I may as well get a gallon of ice cream and die.

Funny thing.....that doesn't even remotely sound appealing.

Luce
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Aw Luce! I have portion control with any kind of nut or nut butter so I can't buy them anymore. Ugh!

Hang in there and drink lots of water.. no more hot tamales!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

We posted at the same time

Glad you got your book! One "little bite" makes a huge difference and can cause some crazy cravings or binges. BAD BAD!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

That's what I'm reading!!!! And the first time I did this, I got terrific results, but I didn't put ANYTHING in my mouth that wasn't right on the list.........I guess I forgot...

What I know about myself is this: I hate rules, I don't like directions, recipes or anyone telling me what to do, even though what they know might save me a lot of pain, trouble or whatever in the long run. One of my children was asking me where they all got their stubborn streak; I told them that it must be from their Dad since I'm not stubborn. BOY, that was ridiculous.

So........not one thing that's not on the list! Not even one!
I don't want to sabotage myself any more. I want to see 7 or 8 or 10 or 82 pounds gone next Monday.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

No nuts! ONE MONTH! Just take it one day at a time... BY THE BOOK.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

You may as well tell me they're just not making them anymore.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Luce. I've got some bad news.

Sit down.

The earth ran out of nuts. Sorry.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

OMGGGGGGGG.........don't tell Lalala!!!!! She'll freak. She may even ignore you for suggesting it at all! I'll watch and see!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

YAYYYYYYYYYYY.........I feel great this morning!!! I'm lighter, although I didn't get on the scale, but I can tell. And I didn't have one nut or Hot Tamale yesterday and just that teensy bit of difference made a HUGE difference. I've not had breakfast yet but I'm getting ready to go scramble a couple of eggs and have a string cheese. I'm even going to either go for a walk or try to figure out my daughter's treadmill.....not sure. It's my son's (one of them) birthday today so I think I have to cook but I'm not sure. I'm hoping that his birthday dinner choice is big fat cheeseburgers, because I can DO that. (My kids get to pick out their family dinner on their birthdays.) And if I have to make a cake, that will go home with him! In any case, I've got to get some stuff in the kiln and finish knitting his scarf.......which is coming out really pretty - dark charcoal and red yard together. He's a clothes horse. Funny boy.

I'll check back in later. And No Nuts!

Luce
Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

And so, here I am in the afternoon - 5:15 - to be exact and I've had a cup of coffee w/Splenda and cream, 1/2 a rib eye steak.......that was my noon breakfast.

Now I'm eating the other half of the steak with about 1//2 cup of cottage cheese and a head of broccoli sprinkled with cheese. That should be it for today. And I've had a ton of water.

I walked and walked while I was shopping and then went grocery shopping and got several crowns of broccoli, brussell sprouts, a gob of lean ground beef, and boneless, skinless chicken breasts are $1.27 a pound this week so I got several of those too. Plus tomatoes, bell peppers, radishes, romaine and avocados. I think I'm set.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

happy anniversary of giving birth!!