Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
Ahhh....a really good day today. I slept in a little, until about 8 I think. It was so pretty outside... not that I actually went out there, it just looked really good from the windows. My awesome dinner consisted of guts of a really lovely turkey sandwich.
I cut up turkey, smeared a bit of mayonnaise, a tablespoon of cranberry sauce, chopped green onion over the top and then a pile of mozzerella cheese over the top. I put my families on big French rolls, but mine I put right along side of theirs in the broiler. I left mine in until the cheese was bubbly and crispy brown on the edges. And then I ate two big Claussen dill pickles! My stomach L.O.V.E.S. me right now!

I did not even have one bite of anybody's bread!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hope the boyfriend is feeling better Lalala!

Luce

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #62
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post
I did not even have one bite of anybody's bread!

Hope the boyfriend is feeling better Lalala!
Good job Luce. I know that's a big accomplishment for you since that's your vice

Everyday you're making such great progress and I'm really proud of you

And thanks for the nice thoughts but bf is fine today. He's heading out to the gym in a bit. I'm the one stuck at home with the worst sinus pressure, almost no voice, runny nose, and the worst cough So much for vacation.

I hope you have a wonderful day lady
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

OMG.....best brunch EVER!!!

Carne asada, cut into thin strips, stir fried with onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic. Piled on top of a bed of romaine and sprinkled with mozzerella and sliced avocado. Side dish you ask? Half dozen halved cherry tomatoes and about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Holy crap I'm in food heaven. The only difference between my food and my husbands? His had three over easy eggs all piled on two corn tortillas. Mine was without tortillas or eggs.

Sadly that was a couple of hours ago, and now I've morphed from thinking about how good my brunch was - to how quick can I steam the head of cauliflower that's in my fridge. Now I'm freakin starving. And my son made cake at 11 o'clock last night and I had to go into the kitchen and make frosting (from scratch) to put on it. I only licked the knife. I seriously need to replicate that into no sugar/no carb form!!!! I make really great frosting! Chocolate!!! No cake though! I did not eat it!
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #64
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Good job on not eating the cake but you still gotta ditch the frosting lady!!

Your brunch sounds good even though I have no appetite too. I love love love all the ingredients you used too since those are all some of my favorite foods (except the carne asada ).

And I know for myself, the least I try to replicate my vices (anything with sugar or any sweets) the more success I'll have. I could easily it a whole lc cake even if the ingredients were on plan so just be cautious and pay attention to your tendencies if you do replicate your wonderful frosting. You know what also contributed to my old bodies fatness? I could sit with a tub of Pillsbury or Betty Crocker frosting (vanilla please) and eat the entire thing with a spoon :blush: Yup, I've done that at least 10 times in my life. I get grossed out with myself just thinking about it

"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"....lalala's journey to goal
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Hahahhhahaa......I don't think I've ever eaten a glob of frosting, but boy, cheeseburgers or mac and cheese or bread, bread, bread - yes! I get your point though.....why would I want to make something that could STILL be used to over indulge on stuff that isn't good for me? You're right. I'll ditch that idea. Back to the cauliflower.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Oh LallyLala........I hope you're feeling better!!! What's the weather down there like? I'm hoping that it's gorgeous, even though you're not feeling well, it's always nice to be somewhere that isn't cold.

So I'm thinking about my relationship to food and how it's all tangled up in who we are. We use it as fuel, as a buffer between ourselves and feelings, or between ourselves and other people. We use it as a weakness, and as a tool. Sometimes I eat when I'm hungry, sometimes it's because something smells so great and I must taste it, sometimes it's the texture. But there's other time when I know I've eaten and even overeaten and whatever it was wasn't even worth the effort at all - and that's led to feelings of disgust. I try to think of some food as a calorie bank - you know - like why would I waste the calories on THAT when I don't want it or even like it in some instances?

I don't see it much differently than an alcoholic or drug addict - I WANT it, when I want it and I know that in the past I'll go out of my way to get it.

I remember years ago when I would be getting ready to go for an appt. to a job interview.....one particular time.........and there was some Mexican food drive-thru, and it was almost some obsessive compulsive thing - I HAD to get some burrito or something before I could even leave town to go to this interview. So here I was, already behind time and going through this drive thru, and eating on the way and then dropping some bit of sauce on my blouse, so I had to fix that..........and I could NOT figure out why I would set myself up for failure like that. I don't do that now, but I think it takes conscious effort on my part, not to set myself up for failure.

Somewhere in my mind, do I think I deserve to fail? Do we all think, in some way, that we deserve to operate under this kind of handicap? That just because we feel anxious, lonely, tired......whatever, that food will help?

I don't know. But for me, I'd like to find out.

Luce
Old 01-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah......food

Last night I had a 3 saltine cracker pizza. Just like it sounds - three soda crackers with a tablespoon of sauce, and then added chopped onion, bell pepper, pepperoni and piled on mozzerella and then broiled. Yum!

Today - it's noon and I haven't really eaten yet. Only one celery stalk with peanut butter. I'm heading in to the kitchen to make a hamburger patty and broccoli. Another yum!

Later - I've got a chicken breast with my name on it...........I'll let you know what else I find.

Luce
Old 01-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

So what the heck? Am I now addicted to all things that could produce gas? I didn't have a hamburger patty. Instead, I was too lazy to go through all that patting, cooking, waiting jazz, so instead I had two peanut butter celery stalks, and then two cream cheese celery stalks, AND THEN a crap load of steamed brussel sprouts, with a teensy bit of butter, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, and a tablespoon of cream cheese. And water and hot tea. My mouth is just having a party today!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

WHERE is Latte? Oh yooo hooo!!!

Last post was at 1:07, now it's 3:47 and I'm in search of food. I guess I'll neid meat after all...but first....I think I saw some pistachios in the bottom drawer that I saved for such an occasion. I'll be back.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quote:
WHERE is Latte? Oh yooo hooo!!!

Heya Luce! I've been quite a hermit and trying to stay busy. I hope you have a wonderful new year and a marvelous weekend!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Nice quiet couple of days we've had. Today it was just sitting by the fire watching some old movies and working with some clay. Perfect day. Now I'm making dinner for my husband, chicken stroganoff. Happily, I'm never interested in that. So I'll get to have my hamburger patty without anyone buggin me for "hamburgers." And salad. And I'm starving today for some reason.

I even ate pepperoni and a chunk of cheese with a handful of pistachios about 2 or 3 hours ago. So now I'm in water drinkin mode to see if THAT's what's buggin me.

What have YOU been eating?

L
Old 01-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

I love sitting by the fire and watching movies. That's what I'm doing right now actually! I've got a steaming hot cup of herbal tea, curled up in my blankey and cozy as a peach in my fluffy bunny slippers. I'm watching 'You've Got Mail' OMG He just walked into the park to meet up with her!! Don't cry, shopgirl. Don't cry.

What did you make with your clay today Luce?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Ohhhh I have to see if I have that one too!!! I love all those movies. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are dynamos! Let me see if I can take a picture and send it....let's see if that works, I've not done it before.

Crap, I think I have to publish it somewhere first. Hmmm......I'm not sure where to do that.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

See if that works.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I must go make quantities of red meat. My men are hungry and I must not let myself get that way. They want hamburbers and I want mine atop of a large pile of broccoli. They want fries........they're not gettin' any! Hahahahaha........ I'll be back though in a couple.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I must go make quantities of red meat. My men are hungry and I must not let myself get that way. They want hamburbers and I want mine atop of a large pile of broccoli. They want fries........they're not gettin' any! Hahahahaha........ I'll be back though in a couple.
YAY MEAT! You should roast the broccoli until it's super crispy!

Have a nice evenin!

(oh! I looked at your pictures, I love the little birdies on your blog!! )
Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I'll have to try the roasting thing another time. I love it steamed, raw, stir fried......I just wanted to get it ready and cram it in. I put my hamburger patty on top of a smear of mayonnaise, then sliced tomato, then sliced onion, then sliced avocado, then the hamburger which had cheddar cheese on it, then squirted it with mustard, then put on a teaspoon of relish, then a side of a whole Claussen pickle with a chunk of cheese. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......yum!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I've been on here for ages it seems, commenting, checking email, answering questions. I've stopped to make burgers for my family and made my wonderful dinner.....above, and I'm full of great ingredients tonight. I can honestly say I don't want anything. So I'm off to knit for a while and watch tv. Did I mention to anyone that I stepped on the scale this morning and dropped 5 pounds? Maybe I did, I don't remember. And my lovey dear husband even said (as I was getting into the car this afternoon) "Hey Honey, you look smaller in your jeans!" Now how Sweetie was THAT? *sigh* I'm just a goober!

Have a nice night.

Luce
Old 01-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #79

Gallery: skeopple
Stats: (350+)336/259/159
WOE: Low Carb, forever
Start Date: 1/14/08
Hello Lucy, I enjoyed you visiting my journal and thought I'd come to yours and get to know you better.

What an artistic person you seem to be. And I can just picture you on those California beaches with the sky spanning out to eternity.

I'm a grandma and can't help but offer you a couple of tips as you walk your journey of healthy/happy. Just let me know if I'm too bossy or intrusive. I will certainly understand.

I'll have been a member here for two years on January 14th. These friends have really been a blessing and inspiration.

One thing I noticed is that you appear to have started on "Atkins" Dec. 27, 09. Are you going by the book? You NEED the book. The online Atkins stuff is totally bunk, especially since Doctor Atkins passed away.

My highest weight was at least 350# but I couldn't find it documented anywhere so I use the 336 from my medical records closest to 1/14/08.

Okay, here I go, with what I've learned from myself and others here:

Read the book. Follow the plan. It will work for you. Induction is very important. I don't care if you induct for 1 week, 1 month, or many months. You'll understand after you read it. You need to climb the ladder from there. You need to NOT cheat.

Drink as much water as you are able. Yup, you'll spend a lot of time peeing, but we need the water to flush the flab. Many people are dehydrated and suffer ill fillings, not even knowing that a tall drink of h20 is very healing. By the time we "feel" thirsty, we've already gotten dehydrated.

By now, you're thinking, "La de da. She thinks she knows it all." Lucy, no I don't. I'm just trying to help you succeed here. I've watched members here lose hundereds of pounds.

I'm going to take a break for now but first link you up with Linda Sue's site. Wonder around there. Mostly, check out the recipes. She also gives you menus for any where you are at in this journey. The recipes with the little * are suitable for induction.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
skeopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:56 AM   #80

P.S..........If I don't hear back from you, I'll know I'm pushing you away. I'll understand that we all need to do what is best for ourselves. We haven't been doing that, have we?! Hoping I can be a help and not a thorn.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Heck no, you're not pushing me away!!!

Are you kidding? I think I fell in love with you while reading your journal and how everyone loves you and you are just so sweet and kind and always have a wonderfully positive word to say! And I love, love, LOVE that you always bring it back to Christ. I'm a fellow believer and I know I can do ALL things.......but sometimes I have to wonder if I'm wanting to. My husband and I teach Sunday school every other week. Today was our day, and I'd done this study of Ruth yesterday and while our topic with the kids today was something different, I was able to work in the committment that Ruth had to her mother-in-law, the loyalty, the servitude she exhibited, and how she was blessed, and in turn her life was blessed and then her mother-in-law as well reaped the benefit of Ruth being a good woman.

So I got a couple of phone calls and lost my train of thought, but no, you're not going to shove me. Bring it on!

Love you my new friend,

Lucy
Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeopple View Post
Read the book. Follow the plan. It will work for you. Induction is very important. I don't care if you induct for 1 week, 1 month, or many months. You'll understand after you read it. You need to climb the ladder from there. You need to NOT cheat.
Wonderful post! I agree about reading the book. Read it twice even. Luce this is the BEST thing you can do to understand how 'it all works'.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Dinner - pepperoni slices and a chunk of cheddar cheese. So far. I may break into a can of tuna. That sounds filling.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #84

I'm up.

Dear friend just in terrible car accident. Need prayers. His name is Jesse. Flown by helicopter to trauma center.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I'm so sorry. I'll pray that God's wisdom touches all the people he will come in contact with during this time, and comfort will surround his family. I hope you hear good news soon.

Luce
Old 01-04-2010, 02:22 AM   #86

He's out of surgery and going to be okay!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Sharon ~ I kneeeeeeeew it! God's good!

So I have this teeny dilemma, not big at all......well it's the first thing I've come across today.

Making my breakfast which is carne asada, which is basically just thin slices of red meat that get slivered up for tacos or whatever people use slivered meat for, I mostly just like to say car-nay asada.........ANYWAY, slivered up two slices of that and stir fried, in olive oil, with 1/2 an onion and the last quarter of that bell pepper that I'd been using. And then I added on top a couple tablespoons of salsa and 1/4 of an avocado chopped up. Then a small pinch of mozzerella cheese on top.

The dilemma? My cottage cheese. The kind I go this time is Crystal brand. That may only be in California but I don't know. But here's the concern - WHY is it that I cannot seem to find cottage cheese that's not all sloppy? There's too much liquid in this and even though I'll use a fork or a slotten spoon to scoop it out of the carton, it's gross to me when it's all running milk all over my plate. Knudsen Low Fat cottage cheese use to hold up better but not by much anymore. What the heck? Do these companies think we're idiots? I know I'm getting less real product and more water or milk or whatever is there. Anyway, I don't like liquidy white stuff running all over my plate.

That's it. That's the big concern. Wussy, huh?

Now I have to go eat it.

Luce
Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #88

It'll still be yummy tho. Sounds like a great lunch!
Luce, have you already done induction? Watch the onions for carbs. So many kinds of onions and so many different carb counts. I could eat onions like apples but they do add a lot of carb grams. Make sure your cottage cheese is full fat if possible. Do not buy low or no fat (sugar)!

I like cottage cheese with the large curds and less juice. Just run it through cheescloth?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Oh Lalala .....I fear you're still not feeling well. I'm so sorry! Poor baby.

Hi Miss Latte! I hope you are doing well.

Today my food is:

Breakfast - stir fried carne asada with bell peppers, onions and avocado and tomatoes.
Lunch - hand full of almonds, coffee with Splenda, two celery stalks with peanut butter
Dinner - Carne asada, well the same jazz as this morning but a ton of broccoli, NO cheese.

Water, water, water, and I feel really good.........and my stomach isn't so crazy full!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin Luce!

What plan/way of eating are you following? Have you weighed/measured lately? Also, have you been using ****** or using anything to track food information?

Have a nice day!