Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
good morning ladies!!! I survived.... somewhat weirdly, but I did and was quite creatie with my food choices. We normally have enchiladas ..... well 'they' all had enchiladas and I was quite content with the "taco guts" over salad. That and cheese and eating the tomatoes and onions from the taco fixings. And I don't bake, and neither do any of my kids so yayyyyyyyy, no sweets. Now I'm heading in to make a hamburger patty and some cauliflower for brunch. I hope you both had a wonderful day yesterday!!!
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday not bad. Today, not too good. Not horrible but what's wrong with me? I'm a "biter" - I have a bite of this and a bite of that. Today I think I overdid it on sunflower seeds..... I went to the movies.

This morning I had a lovely omelette with two eggs, cheese, onions, avocado and tomato and two slices of bacon. Good job, Luce!

Then went to see "Blindside".... took sunflower seeds. Ate a gob of those.
Came home, made stuffing, mashed potatoes and cauliflower, turkey. I ate the cauliflower, with a little bit of cheese and turkey. And about 1/2 cup of the stuffing...... nothing else but I drank a ton of water and now I'm feeling bloated. Tomorow - I can't wait for tomorrow.
I think I'm staying up too late too. I've noticed that I'm a mindless nibbler at night and I think it's just to keep myself awake. So..... good night. I hope you girls had a wonderful post Chistmas day!!! ;sing:
Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Old 12-28-2009, 07:28 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hey lady! How was your weekend?

Have a wonderful week!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #35
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Lucy Lucy Lucy

Good job on staying strong lady.

I thought of you last night cause bf's dad made this really nice cauliflower side dish and he plated a lot for me. I don't eat cauliflower unless it's roasted (ya I'm picky :P ) and so I just plopped it all on bf's plate Cauliflower is your thing, broccoli is mine

Have a wonderful week luce and I'll check in with you again soon
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Today was a GREAT day!!! I didn't eat at all today just because it seemed like I had a revolving door here .... first my son, then sending my husband off to the store, then my other son, then a former co-worker came over for hours, and NONE of it involved food!!

So, while I was making chicken stroganoff for my husband and son, I made part of a chicken breast for myself, and put it on a big, big salad with romaine, celery, tomatoes and avocado with fresh Ranch dressing. And I had a small handful of almonds afterward, like right now. And I feel good!

I've looked back at my last several weeks and what I've done well and what I've really screwed up on....... here's my thoughts:

I cannot be trusted to have "A bite."
No, bread fresh from the bakery cannot be left in my sight.
No, I will not make you mashed potatoes and gravy because if you leave it in the room with me, I turn into some kind of being that has consumed it, but I don't know how or why or when it happened.
I wILL eat the correct foods if I've gotten them from the store and they are readily available.
NOBODY in my house is allowed to take my last freakin stalk of celery because that could be my only link from 'plan/no plan' today.
The same goes for string cheese. "All you people in my house have ALL the rest of the cupboards full of crap to choose from - go eat chips or something but leave my string cheese and my celery and definately my whipped cream the heck alone."

I've got a Carole King/James Taylor concert to go to in May at the Hollywood Bowl and I swear to God, that I will discipline my flesh such that I can lose a decent amount of fat so that I'm not waddling that very large parking lot out of breath and faint of heart and be a total embarrassment to myself.

That is what I know for now!

Luce

Send me the cauliflower!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and I know without a shadow of a doubt, that there is a fearless being underneath these many pounds of embarrassment. When I quit being concerned about people looking at me, I will soar. At least that's what I think. I want to quit thinking that the first thing people notice about me is my huge ass. I want tying my shoes to not be an aerobic activity. Okay, that's all the thinking I have today.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Holy Crap!! I almost forgot.... I went to see Blindside the other day.......it was the BEST movie!!!!!!! EVER!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I feel like I should be the Ramones (yes, all of them) singing "Talkin' to My se-elf, talking to my se-elf..." But that's okay. I am NOT deterred!

I am amazed.....AMAZED I TELL YOU!!! ..... at the complete high I feel when I'm eating totally on plan. Of course it's my plan, but still it's a good one. It's kind of the same feeling I get when I have a "sugar-free (with cream) mocha latte with a double shot and no whip" ....it's that soaring I-can-lift-that-car feeling. Okay, kind of crazy......but that leads me to THIS question ......... ......if I feel this good with no sugar, no (or very teensy amounts of) carbs, WHY oh WHY???? will I eat what I know will send me free falling into the pits of food and health despair? Why is that?

I LOVE how I feel right now but I feel sometimes like there's a health bi-polar thing operating..... I try to keep myself out of harms way.... like not bringing ice cream into the house when I know that I cannot handle it. And sometimes I can and it won't ever bother me, but other times, and I do know when they are, I cannot, and should not. Sometimes I can get pizza for my family and eat only the top off of a couple of pieces and have a salad, and other times, I swear to God that I could eat five pieces by myself. I don't bake for this reason. I make excellent chocolate cake, and excellent from-scratch frosting, but I do NOT make this!! It would be the kiss of death to probably a week of effort... at least at the place I am now. Right now, I feel like an alcoholic who has just gone through detox and is okay, but under the surface probably a little bit unstable.

So those are my thoughts for this morning. Thank you air for listening and receiving my plea for help and comfort and thank you God for leading me into a new path this morning...I'll gladly follow......mostly because my best path got me screwed up and a big butt to begin with.....so.......onward.

FOOD -
Breakfast - Three egg scramble with bell pepper (I LOVE these! I didn't really know!), tomatoes, mozzerella cheese and 1/3 of a sliced avocado. Two pieces of bacon. Coffee with Splenda and cream. OMG.......IT WAS SO GOOD!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

LUnch/Dinner....... Because breakfast was so late I went straight on in to dinner.

Snack: Two celery stalks and maybe a 1/4 cup peanut butter. Handfull of cherry tomatoes.

Dinner: Salad with four romaine leaves, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 avocado and vinegar and oil dressing; 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce, homemade with fresh mushrooms, onions, garlic, over strips of carne asada meat. That's a lot of meat, it was three slices cut into stripped and sauteed in olive oil with onions over a very quick and high heat.

I'm stuffed and happy! I need to remember though, when I'm getting really hungry, to slow down when I'm stuffing my salad into my mouth like there's no tomorrow. You can eat a whole lot of stuff before it registers in your gut and head that you've passed the not-hungry point. And when that hits - you realize that you're probably two cups over the satisfied point. (Guess what I found out today?)

Luce

Last edited by OhLucy; 12-29-2009 at 08:11 PM..
Old 12-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post
I want to quit thinking that the first thing people notice about me is my huge ass.
I know how you feel on this one.
Quote:
Holy Crap!! I almost forgot.... I went to see Blindside the other day.......it was the BEST movie!!!!!!! EVER!!!
YES!! It was wonderful I wanted to but I was with mom and dad and wanted to suck it up and not cry.

Quote:
I am amazed.....AMAZED I TELL YOU!!! ..... at the complete high I feel when I'm eating totally on plan. Of course it's my plan, but still it's a good one.
This is a wonderful feeling and gets better overtime. Knowing that you can overcome any temptation that comes your way.

Quote:

I'm stuffed and happy! I need to remember though, when I'm getting really hungry, to slow down when I'm stuffing my salad into my mouth like there's no tomorrow. You can eat a whole lot of stuff before it registers in your gut and head that you've passed the not-hungry point. And when that hits - you realize that you're probably two cups over the satisfied point. (Guess what I found out today?)

Luce
I'm still learning this also Luce.. I need to figure out when I'm "satisfied". It's really hard because I usually end up needing more calories at the end of the day.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Have a nice evenin!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I don't know how to make a link to my journal......and I don't know how to find it other than going back to search my own self. Help.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I seriously want something that tastes and smells like chocolate but that I don't have to go out and get. Here's what I've got.......cocoa powder, Splenda, cream cheese......sour cream.....half and half.......what can I make out of that? And there's not much half and half.
Here you go:

Melt some cream cheese with cocoa powder and splenda in the microwave. Also add maybe a dribble or two of half and half to make it more liquidy. Nuke it for maybe 15-30 seconds. Stir it up like crazy and ENJOY! I used to make those a lot! (...and with peanut butter in it too! )
Old 12-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

YUMMMMMMM!!! Thanks Latte! I swear, that's about as much effort as I want to put into it too!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

So how do I do the link thing?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't know how to make a link to my journal......and I don't know how to find it other than going back to search my own self. Help.
This is your link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/652450-finding-authentic-me.html

If you go under your 'User Control Panel' then 'Edit Signature' you can add this into your 'Signature' like lalala and I have done with ours.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

I'm back......this is like pudding!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Well how come I can never find myself? Are we listed somewhere?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Well I don't think I've got the Splenda to cream cheese to cocoa powder down but I'll try again tomorrow. It's a little......not sure but maybe just a little bit too cream cheesy. I added peanut butter too, so the consistency is great....maybe I'll try it again and put coconut in it and roll it into balls and pretend like it's candy. Well it WILL be candy....
Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm back......this is like pudding!
I hope you like it!
Quote:
Well how come I can never find myself? Are we listed somewhere?
I always click on 'User Control Panel' to find my thread (and other ones I frequent often like yours and lalala's). You could bookmark it in your browser too if that might help. There are soooo many threads on the forums that it's sometimes a task to find certain ones!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

I don't think it's supposed to look like this, with the whole code showing......but I don't know what I did wrong. I pasted it in the box......
Old 12-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well I don't think I've got the Splenda to cream cheese to cocoa powder down but I'll try again tomorrow. It's a little......not sure but maybe just a little bit too cream cheesy. I added peanut butter too, so the consistency is great....maybe I'll try it again and put coconut in it and roll it into balls and pretend like it's candy. Well it WILL be candy....
I'm totally addicted to cream cheese so I never thought of that. Peanut butter is my other addiction. Ugh!

Check out this recipe - Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites - LowCarbFriends Recipes
Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Ooo yum....I'll check that out too! I've only eaten a couple of bites of this, and it will do for today but I'll have to mess with the amounts. I only put in one packet of Splenda and I don't like stuff REAL sweet but I can see how this would definately curb a chocolate screaming fit. I like peanut butter but I can go months without it too. ....ooooo maybe I could make something like Nutella......ooooo
Old 12-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't think it's supposed to look like this, with the whole code showing......but I don't know what I did wrong. I pasted it in the box......
Okay, do this... remove the space I put at the beginning between the [ and URL so it looks like this--> [URL instead of this--> [ URL

[ URL=http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/652450-finding-authentic-me.html]"Finding the Authentic ME"[/URL]
Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I hope that works for you! I'm off to sleep so I can get to the gym in the morning. Have a nice day tomorrow!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Okay.........now it worked. Thanks for all the help. I think I'll be off here and head to bed pretty soon too. Goodnight!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #57
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
I like peanut butter but I can go months without it too. ....ooooo maybe I could make something like Nutella......ooooo
Lucky you for being able to control your intake of PB (unlike one of us ).

And Lucy, do you ever come to SF? There is a store here that sells natural foods and they have every nut butter you'd imagine.

I bought bf's mom some Hazelnut butter from here and it is amazing. I spread it on dark chocolate squares to make what I call 'Nutella in my mouth' hahah. Or you could mix cocoa powder into it and stir in some sweetener for a nutella effect.

And latte....you are trouble girl. Those pb cheesecake bites look DANGEROUS!!! I don't even like cream cheese but those look good!! Now ricotta or cottage cheese are a whole different thing for me

"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"....lalala's journey to goal
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hahahah......unlike "one" of us........you silly!
Sad to say (and really, I don't even know why this is) but I've not been to the city in ages. And when I was younger and lived in So. Cal, I'd drive up there at the drop of a hat for no reason. I do need to come in to Berkeley sometime in January to go to the ceramic store to get porcelain, maybe I can go a little farther and go to the City too. OMGGGGGGGGG........I love you!!! You're such a nutcase!! OMG - I made a joke that I missed until I said it - nutcase! Nut. You love them. Get it?

So I didn't get the cocoa/Splenda/cream cheese concoction correct last night, it was sweet, and it did have chocolate, and the consistency was terrific even if it did taste a little too strange. It did cure my craving for something sweet........I didn't want ANYTHING (sweet or otherwise) after a couple of bites of that. So oddly it worked out in my favor. I do need to find something like that.... maybe it's the cheesecake things. I don't know. I'm heading over to my journal in a minute to put down my thoughts and my food plan for today. Maybe I'll go to Trader Joe's tomorrow and see what kind of nut butter they have. Really though, those things aren't really my problem. Hmmm........

L
Old 12-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

'Nutella in my mouth' ....
Old 12-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

OH WAIT.......I AM in my own journal. Holy crack! What Am I on this morning?

So, the thought that I was going to continue on with, but didn't want to hog up anyone else's page, was this.....maybe I shouldn't be trying to find ways that I CAN maneuver sweet concoctions into my mouth. Maybe my main thrust should be on self-discipline and purging myself of those urges. Maybe I should be thinking about why I think I need them, or much of them (the sweet things)..... maybe I should be analyzing why I think I need to reward myself with things that are not necessarily good for me.

My relationship with bread is really an unholy one. It's soft, warm, comfortness, a vehicle for my butter.............speaking of that. I made spaghetti for my family last night and I had some of the sauce on carne asada, which is what I eat sometimes because it's basically the quickest, or one of the quickest ways to get to the meat.... and it pan fries perfect for almost anything...... hmmm.... stream of conscious thought ... what was it.....OOHHHHHHHHHHH......I also made garlic bread, one of my highlight/weaknesses. So I'm spreading the softened butter all over the bread and the sprinkling the minced garlic on it........and the parmeasan.......and I'm smelling it and I was thinking ...."Really? I think I just want the butter and garlic......why can't I fry butter, sprinkle garlic on it and eat that?"

Crazy, huh? It's nice to have someplace to write it all down. Maybe I can purge my self of my unhealthy alliance with food..........OR.... maybe I'll embrace it and find new things that I love even better than overdoing my favs. I think in the meantime, I'll try ot keep myself in whipped cream and sugar free Jello. OOOo.......or maybe I'll make the gummi bears......I like those.

Breakfast plan - a do over of yesterday's omelette.....yes, I love eggs again. Eggs, scrambled with a little green salsa verde, chopped green onion, tomato, avocado, maybe a little bit of meat and a smattering of mozzerella on the top. YU HUMMMMMMM! And that sounds great!

I think I'll boil some eggs while I'm in there and make deviled eggs for later. And while I'm in there I may as well pull the turkey remnants out of the fridge and pick the meat off for turkey something.......turkey salad, or turkey enchiladas for my family ....I don't know but I noticed a couple of really good recipes on the board hear that would be perfect for my family AND me.

Okay. I'm done talking for now. I hope your day is bright and sunny. It is up here!

L