Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Just got done with supper. Grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce for me. Pretty much the same thing for DH. He had more "bells and whistles" than I did tho. LOL. I made him some crackers to go with his salad. Just the sliced cheese reipee, cut into 8 pieces, and microed on parchment paper for 30 seconds. He actually liked them. In a few days, i will try some of these also. I think I will try it with a slice of pepper jack....have me some "spicy" crackers.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Well...day 2 of P3...and I have not chewed off any arms or legs yet...
been way to buzy at work. Spent yesterday assembling shelves for the new units. The final cooler should be up and running today!!

Seriously....I lost 33 pounds on R1P2. I weighed in at 210 yesterday morning. This morning I weighed in at 209.5. I am really happy with this woe and feel like I am finally back on track.

I have changed my avi. I guess I am finally able to state that I messed up...AGAIN...but, at least I think I am moving in the right direction once more.

JAN
Old 05-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

wow...what a day at work. We got so much done I can't believe it.

Had supper already. Chicken and zuchinni strips. Tomorrow, I get to add more food back in. I'm pretty excited about it. Excited in a strange way. Like, I would like to have a lot more chicken than the scaled portions that I have been having. Strange to be "craving" that.

saving my strawberries for another hour...looking forward to that.

JAN
Old 05-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

WOW!! I had breakfast this morning.
3 eggs scrambled cooked in 1T butter, with 1/4 c mushrooms and 2 oz cheese. YUMMY!!! Gonna finish off a 1/2 grapefruit sometime this morning. cuz I can.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

...never got to the grapefruit until tonight...
but for lunch I had - 2 4oz boneless skinless chicken breasts. 1 topped woth american cheese, the other topped with a sloce of pepper jack. Those topped with 1/4 cup of mushrooms sauted in 1 T butter. 3 slices of tomato.
Supper was 2 servings of the P2 chili, topped with 2T sour cream and 1.5 oz of cheese. YUMMY

I just made some of the chia tapioca. It's in the frig...waiting for me to shake it up. This oughtta be real interesting.
Tonight I also made the razberry crumb cake recipee posted by Carolyn in the recipee thread. I messed up and forgot to put the heavy cream in. Still, it smelled heavenly when I pulled it from the oven. Its all tucked away in the frig. Looking forward to having some tomorrow. I think it, like a lot of low carb baking, is much BETTER after a night sleeping in the frig. I will let you know tomorrow.

JAN
Old 05-20-2010, 05:17 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

I did end up eating some strawberries last night befor going to bed. I had bought a HUGE container at walmart that day and ended up masheing them all. Then i measured out 1 cup servings into individual bowls, adding 1 spenda pak to each bowl, and ended up with 5 bowls. I like grab and go fruit. AND I LOVE STRAWBERRIES like this. Now I just need to make some sf jelle flavored oopsie bread to dump them on for a REAL treat. DH likes to dump a sf pudding cup on the oopsie.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

B - 1/2 of the chia tapioca recipee..chocolate flavor
1 whole grapefruit
1/8 slice of razberry crumb cake
L - 2 - 6 oz hamburger patties (leftovers from lunch run)
3 slices swiss cheese
1/3 c. mushrooms sauted in 1 T butter
3 T Maries Blue Cheese Dressing
1 grapefruit
S - 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast sauted in 1 T butter
Franks Chili & Lime sauce on meat
2 T Maries

If I can stay awake...I'm thinking of having a piece of the razberry crumb cake with some low carb vanilla ice cream and some mashed strawberries on top of it.

JAN
Old 05-21-2010, 04:42 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

weighed in this morning at 212. That is 2 pounds over my LDW(?). Not sure if I have these dang initials right. LOL

Anyway...really have to be careful today. I am NOT READY to do a CORRECTION day. I was hoping I could at least go a week without that.

I know what put that weight on. And I'm hoping that more than that does not appear on the scale tomorrow morning. I sorta over did it on the razberry cake,ice cream,and strawberry thingy. Like WAY OVER DID IT!!! LIKE 3 HUGE BOWLS OVER DID IT!!!

Well...its done now. Learn...Move On.

Today I will be very careful. I do believe thats how "normal" people do it. If they know that they will overeat on or at something...they go light the day befor. And then they go light the day after. So...OK...I did'nt exactly do the day befor part, but I can certainly do the day after part.

The whole thing is to come away from the whole "food thing" learning something. what will be "my normal" ? How will I handle "goodies" in the future? I want them in my life. And I can handle them being a product of low carb cooking. They do not have to be high carb, sugary items at all. It's just that I have to have dicipline over the quantity that I eat. After all, I don't think it will spoil overnight.

But...you never know...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

B - skipped it ....no dang time...LOL
L - 4 oz chicken, grilled woth Franks Chili & Lime sauce, 2 c lettuce, 1 oz shredded cheese, 1 HB egg, 2 T Maries
S - 1 serving of P2 turkey chili, 1 c strawberries

Not much to eat today, but did'nt get home till 10:00. That's when I had the chili. I knew I was gonna take it easy today, but I did'nt think I'd be taking it THAT easy.

Tonight was ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!! 1 of the radio stations I advertize on did a photo shoot at the bar for a calendar. Bikes/Babes kind of thing. NUTS!!!! I had 2 brand new servers tonight, another whose only on her 2nd night, another who has been working a little over a week (but it's her 1st fri night), 2 other "old time hand" LOL, 2 that pitched in and helped out (off the clock even) and 1 gal that's been there for 3 monthes was a no call/no show tonight

But...we survived...
SUMMER IS HERE!!!!

JAN
Old 05-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

weighed in this morning at 210.5

Back into a comfort zone.

The weather today is gonna be great on the temps...into the 80's even. But the winds will be BRUTAL. Gusts over 40 are expected today. So...that means the motorcycles will be down in #'s. Dang...seems like every saturday, it's either cloudy, windy, or rainey.

I've got a TON of books to do this morning. With all the new staff last night, I am SURE they will be a nightmare. 5 registers to do...AM readings, PM readings...probly a gazillion voids...so, goin early early to "deal"

jan
Old 05-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

So far today...
1 grapefruit and small serving of chia tapioca for breakfast
2 P2 portions of turkey chili with 2 oz cheese and 2 T sour cream for lunch
Sliced beef summer sausage and sliced cheese crackers for snack
Took a nap and got up and had some low carb ice cream with wf choc syrup on it.
Not so hungry now....and I think I have things covered at the bar for the night...so...I thuink I will play on the computer for awhile...read some post..check out facebook...yadayadayadayada...
Old 05-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

I actually did get hungry so....
4 eggs
4 oz cream cheese
2 T hwc
2 T almond flour
vanilla, cinnamon,baking powder
All beat up and fried in butter. Made 2 pancakes out of this. and topped with wf pancake syrup.
Now why did I forget to add spenda to the batter???

It was good, but would have been better with a little sweetness to it.

This recipee is either in the main lobby or in the recipee thread right now. I was doing it from memory cuz dh was on the puter.....probly why I forgot the spenda. LOL
Old 05-23-2010, 05:50 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

woke up weighing 211 this morning. 1 pound below my limit.
I think DH is wanting to grill steaks today. Could it have been the subtle little hint he used last night? The one where he flat out said....we should grill steaks tomorrow.......now you see..he's not normal...I do the grillin around here. somewhere I read that all men are born with the genes to grill. I know I read it somewhere. so...

I do not feel like crunching numbers this morning so I am just going to go in and set up tills. I think a motorcycle is in my future today. calling for isolated t-storms today...gonna have to watch the skies.

JAN
Old 05-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

We managed to get on the road by 12:30 today. Got home about 7. Got in just under 200 miles. GREAT DAY!!!!

Skipped breakfast this morning, trying to get things taken care of so we could go.
Befor we left the bar though, I had a small salad.
1 c. lettuce w/ 1 hardboiled egg, and 2 T Maries

Got dinner on when we got home YUMMY!!!
Fired up the grill and had...
Cabbage and onion dotted with butter, wrapped up in foil and cooked on the grill
We each had a 12 oz rib-eye, medium rare
I had sliced raw veges...cukes,radish,zuchinni. DH threw his share in with a bowl of lettuce.
I used 2 T of Maries also...for the veges and the stk.

Munching on some apple slices now...trying to get some fruit in for the day.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:26 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

211.5 this morning. up .5 pounds. I don't know how that happened. Maybe "the sun" was to blame. LOL
Anyway, I'd like to lose at least a pound in the next few days. I seem to be having trouble with P3. Well, in my head I am. It's probly just me. I hav'nt been out of leeway yet....and I spose that is the trick...to never get above and to stop when you HAVE to. ACCOUNTABILITY.
Now...there's a concept.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

been kind of a snacky day for me.
B - 2 scrambled eggs in 1 T butter with 1 piece string cheese
L - 2 - 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts with 1 c lettuce, 1 HB egg, and 2 T Maries
This afternoon I just snacked on....garlic,onion,pepper flavored almonds. Then sliced beef summer sausage and monterey jack/chedder cheese slices. With some jalapena stuffed olives. Bowl of lowcarb ice cream with wf chocolate syrup.

Thinking bout going to bed early tonight.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Ok...so I managed to snack on 3 pieces of string cheese befor falling asleep in the recliner last night. DH woke me up and herded me to bed.

Todays plan....not quite sure yet....
Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

B - 3 srambled eggs, 1T butter, 3 slices american cheese
L - 4 oz smoked turkey, 2 c lettuce, 1oz cheese, 3 T Maries
S - my 1/2 of 7 scrambled eggs w/about 2 T hwc in them, about 4 oz cooked sausage, 1 slice american cheese

probly gonna have an apple later befor bedtime.

I got a lot accomplished today. 1 job interview, hired her and started her tonight. Have another one in the morning, I have a good feeling about that one also.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

...oh my....
I just made a LC Sweet nut recipee originally posted by Barbo....
I made a few weeks ago for DH when I was on P2. I never tasted even a morsel!!
But now....WOWZA!!! I can see why he liked them so much!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Just watched the biggest loser...nice to watch it after taping, and then being able to fast forward thru the commercials...

mixed feelings about the show.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Boy those nuts last night sure were good. Yo the tune of waking up to 212 pounds this morning. Gotta be careful today. I do not want to have to do a correction day.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

I am absolutely MISERABLE today. My Haileys is acting up BIG TIME. I just can't get it to clear up. I am so afraid that I am getting immune to the minocycline. That happened to my cousin, after she was on it for about 2 years. I've been on it for about 5 years, when I have outbreaks. Stress and humidity....right now I can't seem to get away from either one. I think tonight i will soak in the tub and turn the air jets on. Sometimes that seems to help, the water moving constantly....
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

B - 1 apple
L - 2 6 oz hamburger patties, each topped with a slice of swiss cheese and about 1/3 cup sauted muchrooms. 2 T maries on top of hamburgers
S - 2 servings P2 chili, topped with cheese and 2 T sour cream
Old 05-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

This afternoon I made a triple batch of P2 chili. YUMM!!
I used 3 tubes of ground turkey, 3 cans of fire roasted tomatoes w/garlic, 2 cans of swansons beef broth, chili powder,cumin, and mccormicks perfect pinch garlic & herb.

when it cooked for awhile....I pulled out 8 P2 size servings. DH was sniffing around the kitchen by then....so he was surprized I was making "chili". After I pulled mine out...I cooked up 1c of dreamfields elbow mac. I put that into the rest of the chili and added 1 more can of fire roasted tomatoes. He had a HUGE bowl of it...said it was wonderfull!!! And he has 1 more huge bowl for tomorrow. So, i guess he ended up with 4 P2 servings w/pasta in it. I should have gotten a total of 12 out of the batch.

I can see me eating this even if I was not following the hcg program. I Love This Dish.

JAN
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

211 this morning...kinda surprized by that. I really thought that I'd be out of leeway this morning. I got a pretty good nights sleep, so maybe that's what saved me.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

no breakfast today...
L - 1 serving P2 chili with 1.5 c lettuce, HB egg, 2 T maries
S - 1 zucchini, (very small), 1/2 cuke, 1 c strawberries,mashed, w/1/8 cantalope
so hot today...all I wanted was fruit and veges. everything cold!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Night cramps were a real NIGHTMARE last night. I have been up since 1:30 am walking them off. Finally just got up at 5:00 and said the heck with it.

weighed in at 210.5 this morning.

I am having a treat this morning...hwc in my coffee. I really have to be carefull there. Absolutely No Controll. Actually I would prefer a little coffee with my cream
Old 05-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

FLAMIN' HOT HERE!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

B - 1 grapefruit
L - 1 serving P2 chili, 1 c lettuce woth 1 HB egg, sliced, with 2 T Maries, 1 apple
Snack - 1 c LC Sweet nuts
S - 1 serving P2 chili, cukes and zucchinni. I put cheese and sour cream into tonights chili.

I seriously think I could live off that the rest of my life...
Old 05-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

It is SO HOT at the bar in the kitchen....105 degrees today/this afternoon. And its only may. I'm having a company come out Tuesday morning to see about putting in some "industrial" type ceiling exhausts. I have never had this problem befor in the years past. It MUST have something to do with the new walkins. They are exterior....but right up against the building. It must have created some kind of SUPERIOR INSULATION EFFECT!!! Something has to be done or I will have cooks dropping from heat exhaustion. I told them tonight that all the Gatorade is on me.