Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Dusk - I have made a LOT of Lindasue's recipees!!! I am always checking her site for updates....just saw one today...and I do LOVE peanut butter!!!
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 04:27 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

sorry diary....it's been a few days since i've been here...to much drama at work...

yesterday dh fixed salads for lunch...and scrambled eggs with ham and sausage for supper. LUCKY ME !!!

I havn't been feeling well the last few days. I even took 2 consecutive days off. The 1st day we just went to menards and to lunch at Appebys. The 2nd day...I didn't even get out of my jammiies. Stayed in bed all day...read a book..The Lovely Bones. Books are always WAY better than the movies.

Right now I am baking biscuits for the soup today at the bar. Someday we will come up with a lowcarb recipee that SMELLS as good as this.

So...for today...probly gonna have scrambled eggs at some time. Maybe a grilled hamburger later.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

omg!! calling for more snow here this weekend!! I do not know where we will put it!!

I cooked roast beef in the pressure cooker yesterday at home.....well I was supposed to cook it tues night but, I got home, threw it together and TRIED to turn on the stove and ....NO GAS !!! I guess the icicles had dripped and FROZE UP the regulator outside and therefore....NO GAS !!! Never heard of such a thing. But...we havn't had this much snow in a very long time.

So....the roast was very good. I had some cauliflower in the freezer that worked as the mashed potatoes. This was the 1st time that dh had those. Pretty good. I used Thicnthin not starch for the gravy.

Today will be eating leftovers.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

everything seems to be driving me NUTS lately....

my knees ache...my hands hurt....

but...I'm going out tonight with the girls. I know we will have fun...we always do!

Today, I had some smoked pork for lunch. EXCELLENT!!! I dipped it in a jalapena ranch dressing instead of bbq. NUMMY!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipoo
Stats: 198/174.8/132
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Nov 12/May 14
Hey Jan

Don't know if you remember me from our break away site from Living la vida low carb. I have been following your journal and was just checking on you. I too....am back on track, just can't bring myself to journal. Hope all is well with you!

Cheryl
shipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

man....been awhile since I've been here...
I have gotten off 26 pounds of what I had re-gained. WOOHOO!!

Life at the bar....stressfull as usual. We are currently putting in new walk-ins. The contractor pored the footings today. Tomorrow, they pour the main slab. We have been "under capacity" as far as our refrigeration needs are for so VERY LONG!!! It is so exciting to think that things will be somewhat easier now.
Anyway...last sunday I was able to ride for the 1st time this year. We went about 150 miles...down in the hills. Great Day !!!
Summer is coming fast...we already have 134 volley ball teams...2 more than last year. And we have 3 weeks left to go befor we actually start leagues.
So...who has time to eat???
Old 05-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

the contractor poured the concrete today!!! YEAH!!! It will still be awhile befor the actual walkin goes up though. I can't wait!!

I lost 1 pound since yesterday....YES!!!!
Today for lunch, I had beanless chili, an apple, and melba toast. Tonight I will have chicken, buffalo style, with brocolli, and strawberries.

UUGGHH!!! My cell will not stop ringing....
Old 05-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #188
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Well hello there. Good to see you again.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Well hello there. Good to see you again.
My journey has been a hard one....got so discouraged...kept gaining. But I think I'm back on track now. How's it going for you? Back to work?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner was yummy...havn't had my strawberries yet...that may turn into an apple. They seem to stick with me longer. Tho I the strawberries the best!!!

Starting to rain here now...hope the concrete will be "safe". Should be...they poured befor lunch. That was at 11:30...and now it's 5:30. Tomorrow, they do some sidewalk. The delivery drivers are HAPPY !!! No more wheeling across the back gravel to get to the kitchen door.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #191
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Hiya Jan! It's good to have you back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
My journey has been a hard one....got so discouraged...kept gaining. But I think I'm back on track now. How's it going for you? Back to work?
It's so hard to keep focused when things aren't going right. I'm so happy that you're back on track now.

Yep, I'm back to work and things are going just super duper!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah!! It's Friday!! I have TONS of fish to fry today...slaw to make....yadayadayada...

No weight loss today. So, tomorrow the scale will probly move . Hopin' so anyway.

Meals today will be Chili, chicken, apple, strawberries, zucchini, radishes.

1 month today of being TOTALLY soda free. AND....energy drink free. I drink a TON of water and ice tea. Today though, I am taking some sf vanilla davinci to work with me. Mix that with club soda...and you have cream soda!! This really is very good. AND it will actually be my 1st "carbonated" beverage in a month.

JAN
Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

...had to run dh home this morning..good thing...I forgot my davinci on the counter...

just reading the boards for some last minute inspiration.

Last edited by wishbone; 05-07-2010 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 05-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipoo
Stats: 198/174.8/132
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Nov 12/May 14
Good to see you back Jan! Your journal always inspires me!
shipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipoo View Post
Good to see you back Jan! Your journal always inspires me!
Hi !!! Good to be journaling again.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

...just got home from the bar...SSHHEEEESHHH!!!! Buzy tonight!! I just ate my own dinner...and it's past 9:30. I have been pretty good about having dinner eaten by 6:00 at the latest...and then save my fruit for late snack. Oh well.

We ran out of fish tonight by 7:00. If I only had a crystal ball!!! Had the same amount last week and we ended up running it on saturday for lunch also. Go figure!! And people look at you...like...Oh well...I look back like

I have been really on a chicken craze lately. I absolutely love Franks Chili & Lime sauce!!! Spicy chicken, sliced cukes, and strawberries tonight. Sipping on some water now. I did take my davinci to work today. AND...I allowed myself ONE glass of "pop". It was YUMMY!!!! I think tomorrow I will take the razzberry with me. I do not seem to use much of it here...so might as well try some "razzberry pop".

I have been really boning up on pottasium pills also. BOY...the night cramps have been AWFULL!! Seems they ALWAYS strike the same leg...the same place...even at the same time of the night!!! Hope I can sleep better tonight.

JAN
Old 05-08-2010, 05:18 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

after 2 days with no losses...2 pounds gone this morning

we will be JUMPIN tonight!! got a huge birthday party at the bar. The people involved are even paying for the band...EEEHAWWW!!! And the band is GREAT!! In fact, they are the 1st band we ever had at the bar....years ago. Of course they have played for us MANY times in the past. So....it will be crazy ( I just hope the natives behave )

I need to make some more chili today...and pop it in the freezer. That sure saves a lot of time & hassle when you don't feel like cooking or making a mess. I have a pound of ground turkey in the frig...maybe I will try that.

well....better head to work...we have to move pool tables and clear off the inside stage so the band can set up this afternoon.

JAN
Old 05-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

no change on the scale today...of course, with 2 pounds yesterday, I was'nt really expecting anything.

Ate my chili yesterday. This time I made it with ground turkey. I think I actually like it this way better. McCormick has a new line of spices out called "perfect pinch". I bought a few of them that contained NO SUGAR. The garlic & herb is pretty good. I put that in the chili, along with chili powder, cumin, & a can of fire roasted tomatoes w/garlic.

well...gonna go read the morning paper & have a cup of coffee...

Last edited by wishbone; 05-09-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: s
Old 05-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

...today is the 1st day I have "felt" the loss. Do you know what I mean? I'm wearing a thin set of sweats thingy...and I can just "feel" the differance when I'm walking thru the house. It's a wonderfull feeling.

JAN
Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

I do not think that I drank enuf water yesterday. From now on...I will shower with my mouth open...just sayin'
Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

So...today I went and bought some Marie's Blue Cheese dressing for the upcoming P3. I'm so excited!!! And for now, I bought some wf blue cheese. YACK!!! I hope it gets a life after a few hours in the frig. Maybe it will only be good for dipping...but that would be ok.

Work at the bar is progressing. Some of the walk-in walls are up. They can't do it all today...waiting for Quest to come on WEDNESSDAY morning to relocate some outside line. BUMMER!!!! This line runs my credit card machines for the outside bars. SO.....pretty important. I can't have that going down and not being able to access the junction box.

Right now, I am defrosting a chicken breast for my supper. I'm not sure what vege I will have. Have to check the crisper to see if I HAVE to eat any 1 certain thing. I hate wasting food. If not, then I think it will be broccolli. Dh is the lucky one...he's having leftover pizza. WE LOVE that pizza crust in the sticky threads in the recipee thread. the one made with cheese and egg. DH requests it at least 1x a week.

well....gonna go read some other posts. be back later.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

...no change in the scale this morning...maybe there will be a big fat whooooooosh in the morning...LOL

so the wf dressing was every bit as YAKKY cold as it was at room temp. I'm thinking some 0 cal/0carb tweeking is in order. I have some dry ranch dressing in the cupboard. I shall read the ingrediants and test out a few tablespoons. maybe some Franks in another few tablespoons. ANYTHING has got to help!!!! Maybe just a few spices.....
Old 05-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

I have been LIVING in sweats for over 2 months now. I am so close to putting back on a pair of jeans that I can TASTE it. I have a skin disease/condition called benign familial pemphigus. Haileys for short. I inherited it from my dad's side of the family. Great. It always happens in a nice warm fold of skin. So...being overweight...certainly does not help. I was diagnosed when I was 30 yrs old (I'm 52 now). In our family, if you do not get it by the time you are 30...you probly won't.

Well...of course, there is no cure. Only drugs that can "control" outbreaks. And once an outbreak starts...hang it up! Cuz it has a mind of its own. It will be stubborn and run its course. THEN, and only then will it begin to respond to treatment.

At 1st, i was using a steroid cream on outbreaks that were around my waist. Well, I overdid the "ointment" back then, believing it would get rid of it faster. All it did was THIN the skin in the front of my waist. Now, I pay the price for that. If my clothes are to binding, my skin will break open in spots. UUUGGGHHH!!!!

This last round has been pretty painfull to say the least. Spots in the front of my waist, beneath one breast and onto my side, in my armpit, under my bra line on my back, and on the small of my back. I am currently taking minocycline. That is mainly for the secondary infection that always comes with Haileys. And when i can't stand how painful the scabs are...I use Aquaphor(a healing ointment made by Eucerin). SCABS HURT!!!!

But...the good news is this...when i do put on that pair of jeans...maybe someone will notice that I have begun to shed the weight that I had regained. Close to 30 pounds of it!!! On that day the sun will shine.

JAN

Last edited by wishbone; 05-11-2010 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

YYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! The scale came down 1.5 this morning!!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

man...am i tired today. i do not think i slept a wink last night. think i will hit the sak early tonight...read till i fall asleep or let the tv put my lights out.

today for food....chicken and sliced tomatoes with sliced apple for dessert. P2 chili and strawberries tonight. melba toast in the afternoon and with supper. boy...do i love that chili. when i start P3...i am going to have a huge bowl topped with some cheddar cheese and a spoon of sour cream. i can taste it now!!

weather is cold..... rainy....just plain crappy. i definately need to feel some sunshine.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

wow...dh had to wake me up this morning!!!! Must have needed that sleep!! another pound gone off the scale. sleep has got to be related to weight loss.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I do not think the sun is EVER going to shine here.

my "right arm" came over today and we worked on volley ball scheduling. She has "way better" computer skills than I do. LOL. we still have a few nights to map out...she delegated me to do that while she is gone for the weekend. Hmmm...don't I sign the checks? oh, wait, I let her sign them to. Dam.

So, food for today. lunch was chicken, as usual. With brocolli and an apple. Supper was ....chicken, lol, and radishes with strawberries, melba toast. I am on day 34 od P2. I am thinking of 6 more days...and then P3. WOOHOO!!!

JAN
Old 05-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

WOW!!! the sun is gonna shine here today and reach 75 degrees!!! That means the tile will get laid in the new walkins!!! HAPPY DAY!!!

.5 pounds down today. Thats another reason to smile!!

menu for today will probly be chicken, chicken, apples and strawberries. I really do not mind same old -same old. It makes decisions easier. LOL Although I am really hungry for FISH!!! But not just 3.5 oz of it. I have a feeling that if I had some, it would be a tad bit more than that . So...when I get to P3, I will fix up a bunch!!! Fried in parmesan cheese !!! And with some chipotle mayo to dip it in!! That is what I prefer instead of tartar sauce.

Well....waitin for the dryer...dh "forgot" to put the clothes in this morning. Then off to work.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Its the 2nd day of sunshine in a row!!! WOOHOO!!!

scale stayed the same this morning. Yesterday, i had to have tomato for my lunch time fruit. thats the 1st time that I have done that. will not forget to take some apples to work with me today.

so...tons of bookwork to do this morning...

JAN
Old 05-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

...again...the scale stayed the same. hopin for a big whoosh tomorrow morning.

today at the bar we have a big ABATE meeting. that stands for "a btotherhood aimed towards education". we are business members of the abate in this district. they are involved in a few of our summer events, so its a meeting of the minds today. probly about 70 heads. hope its nice enough to have it on the outside patios.

after that...i have to start putting together the shelving for the new walkins and storage areas. FUN-FUN!! just kidding.....

trying to decide what to pull from the freezer today for dinner. fixed dh a huge pork steak last night and myself some chicken. no leftovers...darnit.
went to the store and stocked up on some fresh produce. cukes, celery, radish, zuchinni. I love raw zuchinni!!!
maybe i will take the easy way and pull some turkey chili