Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Big day at the bar today/onight. The hawkeyes are playing!!! We have a hawkeye "club"...so that means that I will be putting out a food buffet for the game. The weather is going to be FREEZING HERE. So, the menu will consist of things that I can control "quantity "wise. I mean....like I am not cooking taverns or hotdogs...where I would have to have a portion count (buns). Hard to tell who will come out in this weather. I'll put on a huge cauldron of chili. I have a TON of appetizers in the freezers to use up. Chicken chunks, spinach sticks, bean sticks, queso sticks, sweet potato fries...they will definately not go hungry. LOL
Now i just gotta figure something for dh and I to have. I think I'll take some low carb tortillas with me today and make some "roll-ups" (cream cheese with some salsa in it, taco meat, chopped lettuce, tomato, and a few blk olives) The last time I made these....I had to fight the customers for "our DIET food"

well...gotta get down to the basement and pedal out 30 min/5 miles...
later, jan
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

YEAH!!! The hawkeyes won the game last night!!!
YEAH!!!! Jan stayed away from the food buffet last night!!!

So..a new day...and I feel like crap this morning.
Throat is sore, tummy is doing summersaults, and I have to get to work and deal with raw meat 1st thing this morning. 30# of feather bone ribs have to go into the smoker. UUUGGGHHH!!!

MORE SNOW is in the forcast for today. I really do not know where we are going to put it. At this rate...by the time it all melts...the volley ball team will turn into swim teams...by the time our courts are dry. But that's a worry for another day.

I don't think the food choices today will be a problem. NOTHING SOUNDS GOOD AT ALL!!!

JAN
Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

...we had a pretty good lunch run in spite of the sucky weather.
I still feel like crap and now I have a headache on top of it.
Think I'll go take a nap...no appetite for food.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

...wow...I never thought that we might close the bar due to COLD weather. SNOW...yeah, but cold??? It is dangerously cold here. Bitter to the bone.

food for today...
6 oz hamburger patty with slice american cheese and sauted onions and mushrooms. topped with 2 T blue cheese dressing
2 lowcarb flour tortilla with mayo, slices of american cheese, olives, and leftover roast from the hot beef sandwiches at the bar today. I pressure cook the roast and there is absolutely NOTHING like it!!

sitting back now enjoying a glass of crystal light and going to read the Harriet Carter catalog that came in the mail today. Chock full of semi-totally worthless junck that I am sure that I cannot live without!!!

JAN
Old 01-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

bitter cold temps again today. Of course all of the area schools have been called off, and lots of things canceled. on fridays, we do an all you can eat fish fry. I wonder how many people will brave the cold this evening.

Well, I got to the basement and did 30 min/5 miles on the bike this morning. I'll probly spend a LARGE portion of the day at work today. I29 is shut down, due to the winds causing white out/blizzard conditions. 2 of my servers live in small neighboring towns. Not that far away...but if you can't see to drive...

Well, for everyone who stops in...have a great low-carby day

JAN
Old 01-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

...friday night...just got home from the bar. Dinner run was pretty good for how cold it is here. The young will be out later though. When you are 21+...how come it just does'nt seem as cold as when you are 50+..??

When I got home I fixed 3 scrambled eggs with just cheese on top of them and a omm with butter. It hit the spot.

JAN
Old 01-09-2010, 05:04 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

kinda slept in this am. gotta hit the shower and go to work, set up the kitchen. I hired a new cook this week....so far, so good. He gets to work with me today for the most part. Tonight we have another company christmas party booked in. Lotsa chicken goin' into the broasters!

I woke up super hungry this morning. That usually does not happen to me. I usually do not start to get hungry till about 10:00. I think I'll start the day with an egg cream when I get to work.
Lunch will be grilled chicken on a salad.
Boy...I got to get to the grocery store. I hope I can get there this afternoon some time.

Later, JAN
Old 01-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Posting from phones bites. Lol!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Had a great day today. Went to work as usual...did books, set up kitchen, cooked 4 gal of salsa, 20# of taco meat, and dragged dh to walmart for a little grocery shopping.
Had chicken for supper tonight cooked in the rotiss. That is probly my FAVORITE way to have chicken. But...it has to be done at home...my way. You never quite know what you are going to get "out". I mean the spices...carb wise. Not a whole lot left of that poor yard bird!!!

Right now, I am doing laundry, and waiting for the bedding to dry. Then, off to make the bed and dry the whites.

The weather here has been a lot better the last few days. Not so bitter cold. So, the bar business has been a tad bit better. that makes me .

Well....gonna go to the basement and put the vacuum directly in dh's way of whatever he is doing. Hint,hint.

JAN
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

I'm having a LAZY kinda day....LOL....hope I snap out of that once I get to work. Not a very good example to set, after all, one of my "war crys" is..."we lead by example!"

Today, dh and I have been "invited" to a meeting with the city council, prior to the public meeting. It is still all about the proposed project of little league fields on the property adajent to us. We do not want this. I do not understand putting this NEXT TO A BAR!!!. Our property could very well be the "pivot point" of this whole project. It is all about access. We have it. They don't. Hhhmmmmmm......do I smell an early retirement?

All this just makes me want to eat something.....

JAN

Last edited by wishbone; 01-11-2010 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 01-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

so...we showed up at the meeting..ON TIME..and the council was in a closed session until almost 4:30!!! Then they postponed the disscussion on this project for 2 weeks!! I see a whole lot of headache comin' on!!!

But...I did not eat over this!!!

Breakfast today was 3 scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese.
Lunch was a 6 oz. hamburger patty with a slice of pepperjack cheese a tad bit of mushrooms and 2 slices of bacon. I had some chipotle mayo on the side to dip the "bites" in.
Supper was fried ham dipped in a jalapena ranch dressing, and some zucchinni strips. A couple handfulls of mixed nuts came later.

I bought a humidifier at walmart yesterday. I read somewhere that it can "ease" a snoring problem. And, since I have been accused of snoring...I thought , what's there to lose. Well, I can report that I did not snore last night. But he did!!! There is no justice in the world..

I did get 30min/5miles in on the bike tonight. gonna hit the sack now..night everyone...JAN
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Pretty tired tonight...had a great low carb day.
B- 4 scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese
L- huge salad w/ grilled chicken, bacon, ham. hb egg, cheese, and blue chz dressing....YUMMO!!!

I rode 30min/5 miles this morning.
went to dunhams this afternoon to "look" at the "ab circle". Not a piece of equipment that I would hand over $199 dollars for!!!!
not impressed at all.

JAN
Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

well let's see... this morning I will pressure cook 4 stewing hens..debone them..then recook the bones in the pressure cooker for MORE broth to make ham and bean soup with...chop up all the veges while the loads are cooking..and hopefully knock out at least 6 gal of some kind of chicken soup befor noon today.

scrambled eggs and sausage sounds like a winner again today too. last night i was so tired when I got home, all I had was a omm for dinner along with a few bites of leftover cold chicken. still, it hit the spot.

later, jan
Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

finished knocking out the soup this morning...i hope it all lasts for a few weeks...
when i pressure cook the chickens, and debone them, i always put all the "skin" aside. dh thinks this is gross ....but i drop the skin pieces in the fryer till nice and krispy...season when done...I just love munching on this!!! but the look on his face yesterday was PRICELESS!!!

so far today...some taco meat in a bowl with cheese melted on top, sour cream and salsa.

not much of an appetite today...

have to go back to the bar tonight for pool league. we won last night!!

later...jan
Old 01-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

...tonight for dinner I made pizza. VERY GOOD!! I used nancy's recipee from the sticky recipee thingy...the one with cheese and egg for the crust.
dh REALLY liked it!! YEAH!! I love it when we find a KEEPER!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

...todays thoughts...
the help will not drive me to eat

I would just like to have a day without any drama attached to it
Old 01-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #167
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
the help will not drive you to eat

dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Dusk - Amen to that!!! Made it thru the day!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #169

Good for you! I'm proud of you!

Old 01-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

uugghh!!! hard to post with a cat in your lap....who wants to type...just gonna stick to reading I guess..
Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

...I think we must have some BAD WEATHER coming our way....One of "the farmer" customers and myself have some pretty sensitive "weather knee barometers". This morning I can hardly walk. It kept me awake ALL NIGHT LONG!! But I know EXACTLY what will make me feel ALL BETTER. Somehow today....someone at work will have more pain than I do.
Funny how that works....I NEVER let the help know when I am sick...or sore....or coming down with a cold...OR ANYTHING !!! The only problem today...I can't walk very well. I sure hope it comes out of it.

So....dh got up pretty early this am and cleaned the house for me. What a SWEETY!!! I must have been moaning in my sleep. Upstairs/downstairs all have been vacuumed.
hhmmmm.....I wish I could figure out why he is "allergic" to dishes...there has to be cure for that... That's O.K. I'll still consider him a "KEEPER!!!"

have a great LOW-CARB DAY EVERYONE !!!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:32 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

..the knee is still KILLIN me today!!
Freezing rain is in the forcast.
Today I have to get the summer line up ready for the bar...bands events, etc...so there will be no time to eat, drink, and be merry. LOL
Old 01-21-2010, 04:54 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

the weather here is CRAP!!!
Walking is even dangerous!!!
tornadoes in texas...snow in flagstaff...rains in california....and the freeze here...

yesterday, we ran on a small staff...wonder what today will bring...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

just can't seem to get a grip on portion sizes this week....I have food scales EVERYWHERE too. And...food comes in already portioned...like a 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast.
My downfall is cheese. I know this. I accept this. And I can still sit down and eat a TON of it. Putting cheese on the scale....how heartbreaking! But....I probly should whack off my snack...then scale it for the nightmare eye-opener that will come from it!! Maybe I should stand on the scale with it!!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

I do so well all day long untill the end of the day.
I am sure a lot of people have this same problem.....like last night when I got home from the bar....
I read a lot of posts here...
I was on FB for awhile....
And then the carbsmart ice cream in my freezer started calling my name. And all portion controll went out the window.....
Old 01-23-2010, 05:04 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

i got to stay home last night....my knee is so sore....dh says i cry/moan in my sleep...

we got karokee tonight at the bar. the weather is supposed to be ****. GREAT!!!!

think i'll take omm to work with me. at least i'll have something to look forward to.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Going in to do books....then we have a makeup pool match at 1:00. Vikings play at 5, I think, or a little bit after that. I scheduled 2 cooks for the 2nd game today. So....I think I will be able to watch that at home today.

Some lowcarb chili sounds good...I think I'll put that on sometime today.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

took a super duper pain pill last night befor going to bed...slept all thru the night....

DANG !!!! the vikings LOST!!!!! not good for the bar!!!!

today we go to another city council meeting....all about the ball parks still. I have it on reliable authority that the majority of the council members are not in favor of locating it there. YES!!!! I hope that it ends here...today....

time to get to work...I took some cooked sausage to work the other day...so that will be breakfast today, along with about 3 scrambled eggs...
Old 01-26-2010, 04:06 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

i think today when i come home i will do some searching in the reipee forum. i need to try some different things. we are overloaded with cabbage at work ...so i 'll look for those types of recipees. any suggestions???
Old 01-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #180

I like this web site:

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home