Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:18 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
ok..I stopped over at Dusk's place and got the motivation that I needed this morning. I went downstairs and rode 30 min. now, i am ready for work...dh has already been over to the bar this morning..home now cleaning up.

I gotta say something. I truly admire ANYONE that commits to a workout program that means that they actually have to leave the house to fullfill that commitment!! If the weather is crap...like right now...it would be so easy to just blow that off !!
I have 3 pieces of equipment in the basement. I have no excuse. And I resolve this very moment that there will be no excuses!!
I believe that a trainer would be the best of both worlds...but if the inspiration that I need is simply in all of your posts...I will carry you to the basement with me every day.
Thank You Dusk.

JAN
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Oh Jan, I'm am so glad that I could motivate you today and, it seems, to inspire you to keep your date with your workouts no matter what. That makes me very happy!

But let me tell you this, a trainer is only as good as you will let them be. I met a lady before my workout who had a session with the same trainer. She used every excuse in the book . . . I'm fat, I'm too old, I hurt, blah, blah, blah. A trainer will try to talk you out of it, but if you don't want to be talked out of it, then you will let those excuses keep you back, from giving it your all.

There were three things that Justin, who is my leg trainer, told me his response was with some of the people he trains when they complain that they aren't getting any results. Maybe this will help as well?

1. He told me that when they exercise, they can easily talk to him. He said that this shouldn't be the case. They need to increase the intensity of their workouts. They are basically just going through the motions and not concentrating on what they are doing and what they are there for.

2. They only go to the gym once a week - only when they have an appointment with him. They make no effort to go on other days.

3. They think they can still eat pretty much the way they were eating before they hired him. He said working out with a trainer isn't some magical thing. If it was, he would be the richest trainer in the world and I said he would be hired by Oprah and never let go.

I hope something here also continues to inspire you, Jan. Have a great day and I'm so PROUD of you for getting on that bike this morning!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

...closed the bar at 6:00 tonight. the weather is AWFUL!!! Then we had to give a kid a ride home...his snowmobile would'nt turn over. the roads to his place was FULL OF DRIFTS!!! Thank the lord dh was driving. And that he was very familiar with the road anyway.
I am not sure if we will be open tomorrow night ...it's ok if we don't. I find it hard to believe that my help wants to work anyway!!!

Dusk - I can see where a trainer would get ...frustrated? People are always looking for the fast fix, the immediate result, etc. A person can only "motivate" so much...the effort has to come from within.

Dinner was GREAT tonight. spag with dreamfields pasta. omm, salad. I AM STUFFED. gonna head to the basement.....
Old 12-25-2009, 04:42 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

just sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee...it feels great to do that, knowing that i will not be going into work today. i really doubt if we open tonight.
what a way to get a day off. i am officially saying...this does not count!!! A day off should be planned...with things to do...fun things!!

today...we will attempt to at least get the driveway/sidewalks shovelled.

I think those t-bones will do nicely today.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

managed to get the back door open...UUUGGGGHHHH!!!
our driveway runs right up next to our house...actually 2 strips of sidewalk with grass in between. makes for hard shoveling in the winter. one strip is clear...the other is drifted about 4 ft high. strange wind pattern. looks like the front sidewalk is drifted the same way.
i an see the upper body workout coming...

i did ride 30 min this morning. we have not had anything to eat yet today. just lounging around drinking coffee and watching tv. the cats do not want to leave dh's lap! pretty rare that we are home this long in the am.

so...gonna go out and play in the snow...go check on the bar...told the guy that plows the lot not to worry about it...but i'll bet the snowmobiles have had a hayday on our driving range!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
I found this recipe on another site and cannot take credit for it but must share this with all my friends. All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS! Enjoy!

Doughnut Holes (low carb)

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 3 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 large egg
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
splenda
cinnamon -- for topping

Taste- and texture-wise, these fall somewhere in between true doughnuts and funnel cakes. They cook very fast, so make sure you have everything on hand!

Heat about 1 inch of oil in a heavy skillet until it's hot enough for frying. While the oil heats, beat the egg lightly with the melted butter, then add the Splenda, protein powder, and vanilla. Whisk together until all the lumps are pretty much broken up, then let it rest a minute or two and whisk a bit more (batter will still have a grainy look to it, but that's fine). Using a large tablespoon or serving spoon, drop the batter by large tablespoonfuls into the hot oil in batches of 4. Fry until bottoms are golden-brown, which will only take a few seconds, then flip. Drain on paper towels, then sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon to taste and serve hot.

Makes about 8 doughnut holes, and servings 2-4. I ate 6 LOL! I fried these in coconut oil. I made a double batch for DH and I.

Yield:
"2 each"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 162 Calories; 17g Fat (93.6% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Fat.
Wow ! did this hit the spot!!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

did a total of 60 min on the bike today
food - small plate of spag. with a omm - 4 poppers - mixed nuts - and 3 of the "donut holes". the recipe probly yielded 7, approx. all the same size.

nighttime seems to be my worst. it's not really craving...so much as mindless eating. nothing really bad...but certainly nothing that i could not have gone without.

JAN
Old 12-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

...been on the phone all morning. our lot will not be pushed till close to noon. that's ok with me. of course, i'll probly be the there all day and all night, once i get there. we only live 2 min from the bar....on a good day, good weather, all green lights, and no trains. LOL

this fall, i gave the green light on dh buying a snow blower. well of course, he did'nt. he's 57 yrs old. i asked him if he's "gonna take it with him ($$$) when he keels over from shoveling this winter" last night he was wishin he'd have bought it. we have a 22 yr old kid that works for us...dh's helper for the bar. I guess dh just figured that was his "snow blower".

this am .... 30 min on the bike

the scale is sure slow for me. i do not know what to contribute that to. i have lost 10 pounds in the last (almost) 4 weeks. i should be happy with that. i will be happy with that. I AM HAPPY WITH THAT !!!
i think that when i weigh every day, that when i do not see the "whoosh", it mentally gets me down. so...i think that i will resolve to only get on the scale
1 or 2 x a week. I believe that during the losing process, that is the "weigh to go".
Now...having said that...and knowing what has gotten me into trouble in the past...when the weight is gone....I believe that i have to weigh every day or at least every other day. I believe that, for me, I have to see the weight creeping back in order to put a stop to it.
That's the plan.

JAN
Old 12-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

..on the bar front...decision was made to open at 5:00. just the bartender and the trusty pizza machine.... LOL...there is not a soul on the streets.

for late lunch....i had jumped the gun and put dh's spag sauce in the freezer. he's not much of one for eating the same dinner more than 2x in a row. but that's what he wanted. Luckily i still had about a 1/4 box of dreamfields left. He DOES NOT EVEN KNOW THAT THE PASTA WAS LOW CARB!!
Well he had that....and i told him to leave me just a scant bit of sauce. I wanted to experiment with something.
I had a very small zucch. that i needed to deal with in the crisper. I put 1-2 T of butter in a pan. took my potato peeler and made the zucch into strips until i started seeing the seeds. sauted that in the butter. melted parmesan cheese on top until the edges of the cheese were nice and crispy. then dumped the sauce on top. YUMMY!!!
There was a thread here a long time ago started by a guy...can't remember his name...and he had some AWESOME RECIPEE POSTS!! he actually called this zucch. thing "zoodles".
I will definately do this type of dish again!!!

Last edited by wishbone; 12-26-2009 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 12-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

...took a nice long soak in the tub tonight. shoveling this afternoon...

had a omm for a snack tonight, with butter and cream cheese.

gonna go to bed early,

JAN
Old 12-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

up at 5 am this morning. coffee and the paper...yesterdays paper came along with todays. dang blizzard as of 4:40 yesterday...we officially had 20.7 inches of snow. I can honestly say...I do not ever remember snow of this proportions.

This am I went down and rode for 40 min on the bike. Reading while riding makes the time go so much faster. Although I do not read the entire time...I read when my arms get tired of the back/forth motion. So...I would say out of the ave. 30 min. of riding....40% is reading time. Always toward the end , when the time is not "moving along".

Todays plan...I weighed in this morning. I will keep a chart on the puter...and weigh in only on sunday mornings. I am still not ready to disclose the amount that I have gained back. Although, I went browsing in an old journal I had over at Jimmy's place. It was spring of 2008....I was playing with a 8 pound total gain over goal. I had reached goal that year...the day befor my 50th birthday. It was a SWEET feeling. I sure wish that I only had to deal with that 8 pound gain. But the past is just that...the past. If it takes longer this time...Oh Well. I am older now....it probly will take longer. It is what it is.

When I once again get within goal....I vow that I will not allow this to happen a gain. After all....it's only food.

JAN
Old 12-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

so far i have had a great day.

went to work and set up the kitchen, set up the tills, read the tapes...totally worth being open last night.

dh and i went for a drive around town. have 4 wheel drive - will travel!!
we ended up at Sam's Club...picked up a few things we needed.

home now, and have gotten 2 loads of wash done and the upstairs and downstairs vacuumed. even took down the christmas tree downstairs. i'll have to see how long dh walks around the box befor it finds it's way to the attic. i'll probly end up putting it on his chair at the dinner table...and serve his supper to it.. then MAYBE....LOL

the 2 stks i got for a christmas gift are finally going to be for dinner tonight. BUT....1 is a t-bone and the other looks like a porterhouse to me. I always have problems when i cook porterhouses. just can't seem to keep them med rare without having a "gray" colored steak. does not look very appetizing. i think i will cook that one in a cast iron pan today on super hot heat. sear it and sear it again. small salads and a vege will round out the menu.

later,
jan
Old 12-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

the cast iron skillet worked GREAT!! dh said it was really good!! I guess if you have a thin cut of what you know is really good meat...that's the way to cook it.

rode anothe 30 i tonight after supper. then i had my choc egg pudding. i was going to have it on christmas day...not really sure what happened to the idea...lol. but it was sinfully good.

then the phone rang

day cook for tomorrow thinks she has the flu. 99% of the time people think they have the flu, it is really food poisoning of some degree. dh and i never get sick. i mean never. how is that? clean living and good cooking? i don't know. gonna head for bed...gonna be a long day tomorrow.

JAN
Old 12-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

YAY!!! I did NOT step on the scale this morning!! EVIL METAL BOX !!!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

man...what a day...lunch business was great!! steady...dh and i did the cooking. he really is a help in the kitchen when i need him. even with all the prep work. today befor lunch, he scaled out 2 rolls of hamburger (20 pounds) into 6 oz. patties. then cut bell peppers and tomatoes for me.

i got roped into subbing on one of my pool teams tonight. one of the players is a rural mail carrier, and with this blizzard, he's unable to come in for pool. at least i can play out and leave early.

later,
jan
Old 12-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
this fall, i gave the green light on dh buying a snow blower. well of course, he did'nt. he's 57 yrs old. i asked him if he's "gonna take it with him ($$$) when he keels over from shoveling this winter" last night he was wishin he'd have bought it. we have a 22 yr old kid that works for us...dh's helper for the bar. I guess dh just figured that was his "snow blower".
Just as long as he doesn't consider YOU as this device!

Quote:
the scale is sure slow for me. i do not know what to contribute that to. i have lost 10 pounds in the last (almost) 4 weeks. i should be happy with that. i will be happy with that. I AM HAPPY WITH THAT !!!
That's the ticket! Positive energy! Let it flow, Jan . . . let if flow!

Quote:
...took a nice long soak in the tub tonight.
That sounds really nice . . . I can hardly wait until I can climb in my tub again . . . or shall I say climb OUT of my tub again.

Quote:
we officially had 20.7 inches of snow. .
Ummm . . . I'm glad I don't live there . . . no offense.
Quote:
YAY!!! I did NOT step on the scale this morning!! EVIL METAL BOX !!!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:37 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

got up today at 5:00...hit the basement for 30 min on the bike.

Yeah!! I won all 3 games that I played last night for the pool team. And won them with AUTHORITY!!!! The look on the unsuspecting male pool player when I get up to the table and "clean his clock" ---PRICELESS

This journal thing.....I really do believe that it has kept me on track. Sure...I indulge in CHEESE !!!! But between reading and posting...it helps to keep me focused. There are 2 places that I post regularly. Here, and Facebook. There, I have a personal page and of course a fan page for the bar. Amazing what a "tool" both of these places have become in my life.

So...onto a new day.

JAN
Old 12-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

My day today was ok....well, not ok....i guess i just don't know what makes people tick. Maybe i'll never know. Maybe i'm better off NOT knowing.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, and mushrooms.
Supper was more scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese.
I gotta say...I LOVE SAUSAGE. I usually cook it at work on the grill. Way less mess there than at home!! Tonight I cooked 2 tubes...and left some at work and took some home. I think I feel a pizza coming on. In the recipee stickys is a pizza crust that everyone says is pretty good. I think that it's time to try that out!!

Sitting down finally for the day, enjoying a glass of crystal light. I like to mix 2 tubs of different flavors together. Tonights batch is grape and apple. Actually it's the walmart version of crystal light. But I like it....

just waiting for dh to get an order together for jpcycles. hmmm....i think i'd better go browse thru the catalog too!!!

LATER, JAN
Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

just waiting for the van to warm up. this is the 1st time it has left the driveway in 1 week. that's what 20.7 inches of snow will do for you.

the plan for today....sausage and eggs for breakfast....
do not kill the help......do not let them make me want to eat something...

i think i will be "sending" someone home today. i hope not, but i have certain policy's, that when they get thrown out the window, if i do not make a stand, i get run over. how can a social job be so dam hard for some people????

ok...gotta go
JAN
Old 12-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Testing from phone
Old 12-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm...
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

dh was on the puter tonight for a long time befor I left for pool. I tried posting from my phone a few times...I guess it took it....but at the time it took forever. I post on facebook from my phone ALL THE TIME...but to post here it is WAY DIFFERENT.

the bar is pretty buzy tonight. kids are still home from school....
tomorrow is gonna be a very long day...is it sunday yet? lol...i figure I'll have about 80% of the day off.

food for the day - 3 scrambled eggs with sausage, mushrooms, onions and cheese - lil smokies with a sauce made from lowcarb catsup and diet coke (equal ammounts) and a splash of soy sauce. I was totally surprized at how "bbq-y" this came out. some cheese wedges. and some low carb tortilla shells ,fried into chips with a salsa and cream cheese dip.
I had a real problem today "grazing"

jan
Old 12-31-2009, 04:59 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

with my schedule today...this could be the last post of the day/year. i might be able to get a break in this afternoon...i'm hoping.

so....right now i do not even have time to reflect on the past year. i'll give it some thought today and try to post something truly profound and inspirational for everyone. of course, if we could all do that, we'd have our own infomercials

To Every One That Stops In Here - HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

JAN

Last edited by wishbone; 12-31-2009 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

just got home from the bar....it's 12:30 here. the band is SUPER!!! Female vocals...that always adds a lot. We had party hats, noise makers and free champagne at midnight. Wow!! Glad that it's over

There are probly gonna be a lot of new resolutions made this year on the boards. I, for sure, will be one of them. I resolve to make the time for us. Us, as in, dh and myself. We give so much to the bar that it rules our lives. This has got to stop. Every year we say this....but it's been 12 years now. Something has to give. So...this is the year FOR US !!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

I did get a few hours of sleep befor going back in this morning. We had a very good day, bookwise, yesterday. Great way to close the year out!

After books, came inventory. If you can eat it...drink it...or smoke it, we have to count it. I started counting at 8:00. I had 2 helpers that started in by 10:30. we were done by 12:30. Just in time for the lunch crowd to begin.

I went to Harbor Freights...WILLINGLY....with dh this afternoon. Gonna start the year out right. I do for him...he does for me...

Breakfast today was scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese.
Boy, did I want something sweet today!!! I ended up making the do-nut holes/funnel cake thingys that I posted about earlier. This time I used some vanilla/caramel protein powder. I doubled the recipee this time. DH SNARFED it right down and said...MAKE SOME MORE BABY!!!
So...:blush:...I did.
Then promptly fell asleep in the recliner for a nap. Just woke up anhour ago...not sure if supper is in the forecast or not.

Could hardly let the new year go by without posting today.....

JAN
Old 01-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

the help is not going to make me eat today out of anger and frustration !!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #147

Just remember, they aren't worth it, Jan! You are more precious than that!! Stay strong ,woman . . . stay strong!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

..I have been at the table for HOURS doing year end inventory pricing. 98% done. that's enough for tonight.

lots of coffee today...some diet coke...and CHEESE!
dinner tonight was an 8 oz flat iron steak with some kind of fried vege with onion. I know that sounds weird, but I'm having a brain fart right now. I can't remember if it was a rutabaga or what. Whatever it was, it had a wax coating on it. I peeled that off with my potato peeler, then used a julienne peeler to make some "hash brown" like strips. Pan fried them with some onion in some butter. It wasn't BAD....but I probly won't do it again. The last time, I just chunked it up and boiled them, then mashed them down with a fork on the plate, like boiled potatoes.

So...it's been a tiring day...think I'll hit the sack early tonight..

JAN
Old 01-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

....just let me say....I HATE THE SCALE!!!

Now...I feel much better...

I just made that hamburger, cream cheese, and rotel dish. Very nummy and very filling. I have a TON of stuff to finish up today...so, untill then...

later, JAN

Last edited by wishbone; 01-03-2010 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 01-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

OK EVERYBODY.....REPEAT AFTER ME....THE FOOD WILL ALWAYS BE THERE !!!!

I just read those words in a post in the main lobby....I think it was in the "somebody smack me thread"....anyways....

THIS IS MY NEW MANTRA !!!!

Once, a long time ago, dh and I were at a Wendys....back in the day when they used to have a salad bar. We have a strict operating code......I always "bring up the rear" when we are at a salad bar. He HATES it when people are right up his @$$. So, one day (and this was happening), he turns around and says to this poor unsuspecting person....Buddy, if I eat it all....they will bring more food out!!!

That post reminded me of that day...

JAN