LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
You are doing SO good! Did you go weigh in sometime after Thurs? Isn't it nice to be able to eat so many yummy foods?! I did NOT do good,Thurs,Fri,Sat Or Sunday I was at DD's and there's too much temptation there,namely Key Lime pie!but I only gained 1 lb so I can deal with that. I got back on it strict yesterday I really wanted to be out of the 180's by the end of the month but it ain't gonna happen It's my own fault I just need to stay strict until xmas
One thing I've learned....it does'nt have to come off TODAY !!! It can take a week, whatever, but if you do the BEST that you possibly can, IT WILL COME OFF.

I no longer feel deprived. OF ANYTHING.

I was afraid with the additional carbs, that my Haileys would kick in. As a matter of fact, I had the beginning of a HUGE blistered area on my trunk. I kept my hands OFF of it, waashed it 2x dailey with Hibiclens, kept the prescription ointment on it, kept taking my 1x/day pill.....and IT IS LEAVING !!!!
I found out years ago, that it tends to behave a lot better on low carb....so, maybe just the fact of EATING HEALTHY in the overall will be the next best thing.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
I hope you heal up fast I'm with you, I'm just doing the best that I can without eating all the junk and I will get down where I want to be one of these days I'm only losing about 1 lb a week but I'm losing! I saw a picture of Paula Deen the other day and she has lost so much weight and it seems like she did it overnight but she said it has been 2 YEARS! since she found out she was diabetic and started eating better This time next year I WILL be thin!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Well....we got a new computer and I am having a heck of time trying to navigate around this thing. I know I just have to dedicate the time to it to get used to it. BUT....in the meantime.....UUGGGHHHH !!!!

Weigh in is tonight. I know I have lost, but not sure how much. I will be happy with the number 3. Now, that will be for 2 weeks, we did'nt have a meeting last week cuz of the holiday.

We are going out of town this weekend so....this will be my first test actually. I cannot count thanksgiving because I still had control of the cooking. We shall see how I do. Dh already has mentioned wanting to go to a mexican restaurant that we went to once befor down there. I just have to make good choices.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Lost 3.6 pounds at the weigh in last night. Now that was for 2 weeks, but happy with that!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

this weekend will be a real test. I will be eating out for the first time since starting weight watchers. I know we are going for mexican food today. That will be the trickiest. Tomorrow will be ruby tuesday. That will be easyier.

I will try to check in
Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Well I've finished the day with 34 points. That is 8 over what i am allowed daily. So, those are exercise ponds that i used. I know that i have those built up. And i had a blast .
Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Finished this day with 28 points. Pretty proud of myself. We even went to Spaghetti Works down on Old Market. I had whole wheat pasta and a simple red sauce with roasted veges on top. And a lettuce salad. And 1 piece of garlic toast. Walked FOREVER BEFORE AND AFTER DINNER...LOL. Now, walking to see the downtown xmas lights.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

I can't wait....get my pc back this morning....i don't mind posting from my phone....but it drives me nuts sometimes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Wow...trying to figure out this new pc is quite challenging. Windows 8. I am really glad I had one of the boys hook the old back up across the room from this desk....on the old desk. Dh is NOT easily trained.....LOL . He will be very glad for "old faithfull"....now, have to get another office chair.

I got my activelink finally synced up on this pc also. I am loving the looks of all the activity points I am earning. Altho, there are ABSOLUTELY a few days in the line-up where it did not accurately record the activity. It may have been due to how I had it attached, so I will keep an eye on that for sure !!!!When we were out of town this weekend and WALKING EVERYWHERE....I logged in 5 points on saturday and 9 points on sunday. For the week I have already made 25 total points and still have the rest of today and tomorrow to complete the week (my week runs friday -thursday)

I fixed dh pork cutlets tonight for supper.....I thought they sounded godd, but now, not so much. I guess it's a good thing, cuz I am not sure how to figure the points on them.

SO....I think I will have an old stand-by. I am LOVIN the Southwest Egg Beaters. I like them with the Mission Low Carb Tortillas and some ff cheese slices. 3/4 c of the eggs (3 points), 2 tortillas (4 points), 2 slices cheese(2 points)....and pretty full after that. I have 16 points left for the day so, i might add some turkey breakfast sausage that I have prepped in the freezer to the eggs when I cook them.That will take 3 more points....but so worth it !!!!

I will save some points for later tho....probably greek yogurt and wf syrup with a vitatop brownie. A whole 3 points for that. DELICIOUS !!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

wow....sometimes the body does some STRANGE things.
Last night, I GAINED 1.2 pounds at the meeting. My scale yesterday morning had shown a 3 pound loss. WTH !!!!!
I am hoping next week that I have a HUGE whoosh !!!
So....this week I will be UBER CAREFULL.....
I will focus more on vegetables than fruit.
Just some simple changes.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

saturday afternoon and I am still on track. Just got done wrapping up some presents to ship to the grandkids.

had one of my favorite lunches. Progresso potato soup (5 points for the whole can) and a ww entre dumped in it Sante Fe Chicken (3 points)....comes out like a cheesy mexican soup. IT IS DELICIOUS !!!!

I believe that constant tracking and PLANNING ahead to the next meal will be the critical key to success on this woe.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

I was feeling so SNACKY yesterday....But I still stayed with my points. Although a LOT of fruit was consumed....

Scale was down this morning, but, after last week I do NOT trust that evil metal box one iota!!!!

I have been FAITHFUL to an exercise routine. yesterday, although I did'nt get it done in the morning, i did it in the late afternoon.
1. at least 30 min of the bike
2. situps, side situps, and leg extensions on the bowflex
3. free weights for the arms and some resistance bands for the atrms
4. .5 mile on the treadmill at various inclines (6 at the highest) but only walking 2 mph. (I just added this , this morning) I was pretending I was still down in old market walking up the hills....

To everyone who stops by....HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Today brings....work, as usual

I would love to sell the bar and retire. We would buy a bigger motorhome and see a LOT of country.
BUT....UNTILL THEN.... work as usual....

Got up and hit the exercise today. Skipped the treadmill in favor of another 30 min on the bike. Bumped up the resistance for the second round tho.

The diet has been going really well. Last night I wanted something yummy and still had the points to do so....so....

2 slices of light italian bread (2 pts)
2 wedges of strawberry laughing cow cheese
1 egg beaten

take the bread and the cheese and make a sandwich. dip into the beaten egg, both sides, brown in a pan using butter flavored cooking spray.
I then even drizzled some wf strawberry syrup on it.
YUMMY !!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

Had a really good day yesterday....Up a little late for me, the alarm clock went off long before my brain did.
I have been getting up at 4 AM pretty consistantly and hitting "the basement gym". Dh even made a comment yesterday. I told him he could join me anytime. It's not a private membership...

I have been really focusing on PLANNING my meals. NOT for days on end...but at least having a plan for the next meal. Sometimes for the entire day.
Today I will have orange slices (i peeled 2 this morning)...and I know that dh will be snitching some. And a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat. I always use caramel davinci in place of some of the water. LOTS YUMMIER.

Lunch will be tuna (which I have already prepared) on top of lettuce and a bowl of soup. I still have some chili in the freezer from when I was doing hcg. And I figure that to be about 3 points. The tuna is 2. Maybe I'll have some Kraft 3 cheese lite dressing....that will be another 2. I usually average 6-8 points for lunch.

Supper.....I love having southwest eggbeaters made into breakfast burritos.

Have a GREAT DAY !!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are doing GREAT! I'm in Texas with no wi-fi.I'm using DH's I-phone but he's gotta leave.I think planning is the key to any diet
Old 12-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

G'ma !!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Lost .6 tonight. I an be happy with that.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

I have been religiously practicing the routines suggested at ww.

eating breakfast every day, planning the next meal, being active and monitoring the activities.

I need to focus on at least ONE new routine. The hardest for me would be "no tv while eating". Not quite sure if I'm readt to tackle that one yet....
Old 12-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are doing GREAT! It takes a while to make new habits routine.You will get there!You have such a strong resolve when you make up your mind to do something This is something I think you can live with It takes longer to get the weight off but I believe you will be able to maintain A LOT easier!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

well....the scale moved a tad bit this morning....YAY !!!!!

Got my 1 hour of exersise in this morning...30 on the bike, 30 on the bowflex

Yesterday was quite productive....cleaned the house, wahed the bedding, fixed squash, chops, and salad for dinner , even got in 30 min on the bike, played on the puter....and slept like an angel.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

oops....can't believe I skipped a day without posting....although, I was here reading....does that count?

snow is expected in the area starting tomorrow....and I got some new snow boots. I was REALLY hoping that I would NOT have to break them in...LOL

Last night for supper was scrambled egg beaters....I AM HOOKED ON THE SOUTHWESTERN KIND....toast and 2 sausage turkey patties. A tad bit of salsa on top made it complete

I have been doing really well with eating the fruit as part of the snacks.
I had added that as part of a new routine. And planning te next meals points....although that comes pretty naturally.
The HARD ONE....is sipping water and putting the fork DOWN between bites. I suppose it doesn't count if you put the fork down and pick up the spoon almost immediately....

so....I do not have NEAR as many check marks in that one as the others.

Lunch today at the bar will be "UUGGGHHHH".... serving one of my FAVORITE soups today. I pulled the biscuits out of the oven this morning for it. Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Soup. We place a warm biscuit on top of the bowl to simulate the crust.

well.....gotta get going....

JAN
Old 12-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

i'VE HAD A LITTLE TROUBLE THE LAST few nights . just feeling snacky I guess. I hope it has passed.

Woke up to a ton of snow....I guess I get to wear my new snow boots after all, dang it !!!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Lost 1.8 pounds tonight.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job on the weight loss! No snow here,I'm in southwest Texas.I spent one winter in Wyoming,and one winter outside Chicago.Lots of snow those yearsI didn't much care for it.I grew up in Florida Do you think you will have a hard time with Xmas eating? Sweets are my downfall
Old 12-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

I have been doing so good......until yesterday.

Then.....WHAMMMMMMM

Today, I pick myself up.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Merry Christmas! It's hard around the holidays,I haven't even been trying to be good with all the traveling we have been doing but the good news is my stomach has shrunk and I don't eat as much and I'm making better choices. I will get beack on plan after today As of yesterday I am in NM now.Nice campground with Wi-FI Indoor heated pool but I'm not much on swimming.Maybe I'll just get in and do some water aerobics
Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

as naughty as I've been.....I should have gotten coal in my stocking....LOLOLOL
Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WW is alot more forgiving than some other plans It's all food you can have in moderation so you will be fine.You may lose a little slower but you WILL get there even with some cheats.How much have you lost in total?and how long have you been on it?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
WW is alot more forgiving than some other plans It's all food you can have in moderation so you will be fine.You may lose a little slower but you WILL get there even with some cheats.How much have you lost in total?and how long have you been on it?
I started the first of november and have lost about 16 - 17 pounds.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

I did not get to go to last thursdays meeting....just a little blizzard was wrecking my plans....lol

Probably a good thing tho. I hate seeing a gain, and I know that i had over the christmas holiday. But friday morning saw me back on track and tracking religiously. Also exercising every day, so I hope that I will be close to a "maintain" as possible.