Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
k... hawkeyes were pretty dissappointing today. we have a football club at the bar. lots of sad faces. i did good tho....stayed away from the tailgate buffet. YES....every hawkeye game I put out a tailgate buffet for the "members". today was loosemeats, baked beans, chili, nacho cheese (in a pump machine), tortilla chips, slaw, and chex mix.

I went to the bar, for the game, in my halloween outfit. this year....I am Barry from storage wars. it all started when i saw a $1.50 pair of skeleton gloves at the dollar store. dh did my hair today.....black hair paint, white on top to give it that "distinguished" look. lol. i spent $9.87 on some shoes and $10 on a pair of "lucky socks". the socks i'll wear again....the shoes...not so much !!!

so....came home for some dinner. chicken breast, zuchinni, apple, melba . gosh....i'm stuffed

when i come home tonight....MAYBE i'll have some sf jello. that's the most ROGUE i've gone so far.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

the party last night was AWESOME !!!!
best single award went to a BIG SCARY GUY...this guy walked around on sheetrock stilts for 5 hours...all dressed up...

best couple was the Blues Brothers...HILARIOUS AND ENTERTAINING...

beat group was JFK, Marilyn Monroe, and the ER Nurse that happened to work on them both. (that was their story, LOL)

got home and stood in the shower for at LEAST 12 min washing the dye out of my hair. i had a lot of recognition for my outfit....

so....going in to do books....I think I was the only SOBER person that was there last night so...time to lead the troops this morning.

Menu today will be all protocal. scale was down this morning.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

today was great. spent the afternoon with dh. just went for a nice drive. i brought my lunch with me. i knew he would munch.....and i did not want to sit there starving.
i had 5 huge cocktail shrimp
sliced radishes
sliced apple
grissinni

tonight for dinner i had chicken, celery, grissinni. i have my strawberry "sorbet" in the freezer now. made that befor i jumped into the tub for a nice long soak. looking forward to it.

hope the scale moves BUNCHES tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

WTH !!!! I do so good till the end of the day.....then this little DEVIL GUY sits on my shoulder and WHISPERS FALSE PROMISES into my ear.....

SO....of course the scale was up this morning.....by .8 pounds. Was it worth it I ask ????? I feel so STUPID sometimes. I know I have the discipline. Where did I leave it at ?????

Today will be a fast of sorts. A lot of homemade turkey broth for me today. Good thing I found those bones in the freezer the other day.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Good thing I like broth....LOL

Today I helped dh get a grip on his "low carb jim's way" diet.
He did it "his way" over a year ago and lost 35 pounds. Lately, the scale has crept up a tad on him....and he's freakin out a bit.

So....I made 6- 8oz. burgers at work. I put some chopped bell pepper, chopped mushrooms, chopped onion, some grated cheese, 2 eggs....and to hold it together....some chia that I ran through my coffee grinder. That's the secret part that we will not tell him about. We shall see if he even notices. Brought them home and put 1 per ziploc bag....dinner in a zap kinda thing.

Then he talked me into making him 6 scotch eggs. MAN....did they smell good!!! That will be the first thing I have when I get back to P3.

Then I baked 3 cookie sheets of bacon for him.

For me...I scaled up 3 bags of frozen broccolli and 1 bag of cauliflower. I think that I do better when I have a HOT vegetable rather than a cold one.
I am a FIRM BELIEVER in prep work. I know that comes from the bar....but HECK...it sure does make things easier aND QUICKER.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Well....it's been close to a year since I wrote in this journal. I've been hanging out in the hcg thread. And I just can't post there any more. I do not feel right about it. maybe some day, I will give that woe another shot, but for now.....I need to find myself...and a way out of the darkness.

SOMEBODY TURN THE DAM LIGHT ON....

jan

Last edited by wishbone; 10-24-2012 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: SP
Old 10-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipoo
Stats: 198/169/132
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Nov 2012/May 2014
Hi Jan, I too am in the dark! I need a flashlight! I was following you in lurk mode on the hcg thread, hoping I could get motivated but no luck. So here I am back up in weight to where I was before.......still searching and researching. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your struggles.

Cheryl
shipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipoo View Post
Hi Jan, I too am in the dark! I need a flashlight! I was following you in lurk mode on the hcg thread, hoping I could get motivated but no luck. So here I am back up in weight to where I was before.......still searching and researching. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your struggles.

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl !!! Man ....stumbling around in the dark really sucks, doesn't it !?!?

I'm afraid to get on the scale. I don't want to know how bad the damage is. And I tend to become a slave to the scale also.

so....let's let it start with just 1 candle. then we'll begin to figure it out.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Okay one candle it is!!!!!! Trouble with me is too many business lunches this time of year and birthdays etc......if I was on plan previously it would be easy to have will power however, it is kind of hard to start in the midst of this!
Plugging along and hoping to see the light soon!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

so...went to work today and worked my tail off !!!! I think we went thru a 5 gal bucket of mashed potatoes for lunch. Hot beef sandwiches and chicken fried steak.....I made a new soup today also. Homemade cream of tomato and I made some spanish rice and threw it in also. it was pretty good.....at least the 1 spoon i taste tasted with was.

I went to a ww meeting this afternoon also. I might just do this. It's absolutely possible to tweek it into a low carb woe. Going to read everything tonight that they sent me home with.

We had scrambled eggs and sliced ham for supper tonight. It was yummy....
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Hi Jan You can definitely do WW LC Just knowing I had to weigh in once a week kept me pretty accountable It may take awhile to get where you want to be but I think you will be able to keep it off much easier Good luck to you and I'll keep checking in on you
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Hi Jan You can definitely do WW LC Just knowing I had to weigh in once a week kept me pretty accountable It may take awhile to get where you want to be but I think you will be able to keep it off much easier Good luck to you and I'll keep checking in on you
G'Ma !!! So far, so good on this plan. I really cannot believe the amount of food you can eat daily. Last night, I had to struggle to get my points in. So....what I learned....eat breakfast. Start earlier in the day. In the long run....that's what we SUPPOSED to do....right???? LOL
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jan! let us know how well you are eating on your new plan. Inquiring minds want to know lol!
Glad to see back on track!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@JAN - I FOUND YOU! LOL

Just missing you from the hcg threads.... although now I'm doing JUDDD (modified) anyways... more like LC with two lower calorie days a week when I can stand it.

And yes, I'm trying to eat bigger breakfasts, good size lunch, and less in the evening as well.
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipoo View Post
Hey Jan! let us know how well you are eating on your new plan. Inquiring minds want to know lol!
Glad to see back on track!

I think I am LOVIN' THIS NEW PLAN....weigh in will be thursday afternoon/evening. I plan on weighing at home 1st...and then there to see the scale differance. So hard to not get on that scale EVERY DAY !!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
@JAN - I FOUND YOU! LOL

Just missing you from the hcg threads.... although now I'm doing JUDDD (modified) anyways... more like LC with two lower calorie days a week when I can stand it.

And yes, I'm trying to eat bigger breakfasts, good size lunch, and less in the evening as well.
I left a trail on my other thread for you to follow....ROFLMAO !!!! Stop in here so I can keep up with your "adventures". Marie - is there a "home thread" just for you? I've looked, but did'nt see anything.

JAN
Old 10-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

YEP....I am liking this plan. on sunday....i cut a fresh pineapple. Havn't done that in YEARS !!!!
Last night for supper I had a 4 oz (befor cooking - 3 oz afterward) hamburger w/1 slice ff cheese, 2 slices asara lee delightful bread toasted. 2 servings of Green Giants just for one brocc & cheese, 1 c ff cottage cheese, a bowl of fresh pineapple covered w/ yoplait pineapple yogurt.

I really do need to focus MORE on getting at least 70 % of my points in befor supper. I find that I have to figure out what to eat to be able to get them ALL in. Not that thats a BAD thing.

Well....off to work...special today is soup and sandwich. All homemade of course. Chicken Noodle, Chili, And Cheesy Potato. I better take a can of progresso soup with me....the potato w/cheese is pretty good...has a good smoky flavor to it.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Everyone !!!

Yesterday was a good day....all the way around.

Breakfast was 2 eggs, yogurt, fruit
Lunch was soup, salad, yogurt, fruit
Supper was mexican egg beaters in a low carb mission tortilla shell w/cheese and fresh baked squash
Snacks were fruit, ww latte ice cream bar, fruit, lean cuisine mexican rice thingy w/Special K chips

All this food and I am losing weight.

Tomorrow is the weigh in day. CANNOT WEIGHT !!!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope the scale is good to you tomorrow You are making my mouth water with the fresh pineapple I miss the fruit but I will have it again when I get this weight off I eat the light and lively greek yogurt.It's pretty LC and it's got a little fruit I think you can save some points up for later in the week can't you?
Old 11-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

G-ma - yeah you get 49 FREE points every week to use if you go over....or go out and want to indulge a LITTLE. so far...i havn't used them at all. Doing pretty good on my daily allowance.

I asked if they were like "minutes"....I was told "NO, THEY DO NOT ROLLOVER. USE EM OR LOSE EM. :lol

The meeting I am going to is'nt untill 4:15. Kind of freaks me out weighing in in the evening. I like the scale SO MUCH BETTER in the A.M.

I plan on weighing here at the house first and then going there to see scale differance.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

So...weighed in tonight. 8 pounds lost this week !!! on the

And I dropped a point also. Now I can only have 27 points/day.

I see a LOT of fruit and vegetable in my future.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Seriously Jan you can lose weight like no one I know! You should be named the biggest loser! 8 pounds wow....nothing like that to make you feel motivated!

So glad you are doing so well.

Cheryl
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan,thats wonderful! I don't have to tell you that it will slow down now (as it does on every diet) but that's okay.That's the HEALTHY way to drop the lbs and who knows,you seem to lose better than the average person How much has your friend lost,and how long has she been on WW?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Jan,thats wonderful! I don't have to tell you that it will slow down now (as it does on every diet) but that's okay.That's the HEALTHY way to drop the lbs and who knows,you seem to lose better than the average person How much has your friend lost,and how long has she been on WW?
I have a few friends and customers who do WW.
one has will get her 5 year pin (for being at goal) this week.

one (who works my volley ball program in the summer time for me) has lost a little oer 100 pounds. AND SHE COULD PLAY LIKE A PRO EVEN AT HER HEAVIEST !!!

another friend has lost over 167 pounds....

I am surrounded by inspiration.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All I can say is WOW!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

well....looking like I might have a day off today.

I bought a bunch of squash the other day. That is definately going into the oven. I'll split it out into freezer portions so I can just defrost, heat and eat. I love squash !!!
I usuallu just bake it plain. Then , in the bowl, I doctor it up with caramel davinci, or vanilla, or pancake....YUMMY !!!

Also on todays list is basement curtains. I have to measure and alter them to fit the windows.

And ....clean the basement. on that job....LOL

I have been up since 5:30....on my day off !!! Dang daylight savings time !!!

I ahve also been REALLY enjoying the FF 1/2 & 1/2 I've been using in that coffee. SUCH a TREAT after hcg.And to not have to worry about the limits.

LAst night I was able to get in 30 min on the exercise bike. So far, it hasn't bothered my back/leg.

Well....I looks like I've been rambling on long enough....BUT...I WILL be back today. LOLOL
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast today - big bowl of FRESH cut pineapple, melon, and banana with a apple flavored yoplait dumped on top.

Lunch - 4 oz hamburger on a Sara Lee Delightful hamburger bun w/mustard, wf catsup,lettuce and pickle. Bowl of peaches

I have some squash in the oven ....just about done. Going to add some vanilla davinci to it when I get it in the bowl. CANNOT WAIT !!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

The squash was INCREDIBLE !!!
I mixed some butternut and acorn together, dumped some vanilla davinci and pancake in it and beat it up. HEAVEN !!!

Today will bring????
I think for lunch I will keep it simple, a ww frozen oriental dinner dumped on top of asparagus and a splash of soy sauce.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Must go to work....hard day today....having my FAVORITE soup in the world. Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. Good thing Progresso has a version. LOL

Baked the biscuits last night and put them on the back porch so I would'nt have to smell them all night...LOL

Everyone stopping in....HAVE A GREAT DAY AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE !!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

wow !!! busy today !!! Every soup i had on....sold out. Glad to see the pot pie vanished tho....LOLOL

For breakfast - oatmeal w/warm apples
Lunch - grilled chicken on sara lee delightful bread, big bowl mixed fruit w.yoplait razzberry cheesecake yougurt dumped on top
Supper - ww flatbread sandwich <<< quite yummy >>>>, ff cottage cheese, squash, Special K chips
Snack - ww frozen latter bar

got some exercise in today as well. 30 min this morning and 30 min tonight on the bike. Been doing it pretty regularily
Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

5 am and I am up....still programmed for 6 am wake up....lol

so...i guess there is time to exercise. right now, just crising my favorites for the day and sipping coffee.

to anyone stopping by....do a google on dogshaming. SHIPOO - G'MA !!! - this will make you chuckle all day. I found this thread in the playground and now.....I am addicted to it. There is even a catshaming site. I have both saved to my favorites and have to look at them every day. Some friends have made submitions that we are waiting to see posted. I took the time one day to go thru the ENTIRE thread and read ALL OF THEM.....so now, I just check in to keep up on the new posts.