Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
i"m the one who wears the plugs! you know how some people can't sleep w/o a fan going? it doesn't have to on them....they just need to hear it? well....i'm the same way with the plugs....i've used them for so long, that even if i'm out of town...in a motel room alone...i have to them or i CAN"T sleep. he's thwe one who always used to snore....i tend to do so if i've put on weight....when i was at goal....we all slept a lot better :blush:
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

so...it's friday..today i will...
flour a LOT of fish for the fish fry
make a 6 gallon bucket of chili for the mon night football game
make veg soup
prep the kitchen for the lunch run, set up the steam tables
put away the deliveries
do the bank run

and all of this befor 11:30

and then cook lunch

so...every morning when my phone rings befor 7:30 I go and say NOBODY BETTER BE CALLING IN SICK!! I have enough to do. LOL
Old 12-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

waiting for my van to warm up....this forum is such a treasure chest of info...it is so huge for one thing
funny how you can "hang" out in one section....get the drift of the people that post regularly in that section...go to a new one, like me coming here to the journal side, and see names that I have never/ever seen befor. and some of them have been on this forum for a very long time.....of course with the # of members that low carb friends this should not be surprising.
i guess we are all creatures of habit....in some way or another...
Old 12-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Good gravy! I'm exhausted just reading about what you had to do this morning!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

my to do list can change at a moments notice...
got the fish floured...
got the chili made...
skipped the veg soup...cooked 3 gallons of salsa instead and 20# of taco meat...
sliced a pit ham and 2 roasts...
sent someone else to the bank and to the bookkeeper...
and then we had the lunch from hell...

i am having trouble with a part-time server...and when the crap was hittin the fan...she took the wrong food to the wrong table..
and it just seemed to snowball....and its my role to keep things going smoothly...my dh calls me the "maistro"
so...i had to tell this server that i was extremely unhappy with her job performance today...and document it...and tell 3 tables how "sorry" we were for all the confusion...

and now i just got a call from the bar...the main tap handles are freezing up...the beer man was there today replacing the glycol in the system..but i think we may have a sticky thermostat...

and i came home late this afternoon cuz my pulse was more jumpy than a rabbit at easter time....stress???? do you think????
Old 12-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

AND DH IS MAKING POPCORN!!!! I am running away....
Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #37

RUN . . . FLEE FOR YOUR LIFE . . . take a nice long hot bubble bath . . . write in a journal . . . go outside and look up at the stars and take a few deep cleansing breaths, all the while, letting go of the stress . . .

Hang in there Jan . . . the stress and pressure might be strong, but you're stronger!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:07 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

...now...you'd think that the weekends would be the toughest part of owning a bar...not so...saturday and sunday, days, are my easiest. the kitchen is much more relaxed...people are not on a time clock at lunch....usually having a few beers...

i have a real dependable night bartendar...thank the lord!! and befor christmas...they all want the most hours...even my summer staff calls to see if anyone wants the night off....

well gotts go...maybe i can come back later to play
Old 12-05-2009, 05:52 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

ok...i lied...today is not getting off to such a great start...
after looking at my phone this morning....it's all about texting you see...
a former employee txt me at 1:15 am to tell me my day bartender has fallen down...(at another bar)...and has a guge gash on her fourhead...then the bartendar txt me 2 hours after that...says she went to a "benefit" and had an "accident"...(i don't think she knows that i had got that 1st txt)...
now....i go to leave for work...and the love of my life has my keys in his pocket...and he's already gone of course....so here i sit...waiting.....
Old 12-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

just got home from work...long day...

b - thin slice of ham with 2 eggs over easy
snack - about 1/3 c. taco meat on a plate with 2 oz grated cheese melted on top, and some japs and sour cream

s - ????? but I am starving!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #41

Good job on eating well today. I on the other hand . . .
Old 12-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

supper tonight ended up being reheated broiled catfish and some cottage cheese

dusk - you need to make those scotch eggs...they've saved me plenty of times. i always take them with me out of town (when i go to pool tourneys). the motels are not "low carb" friendly and the auditoriums where we play are even worse!!

JAN
Old 12-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #43

I've been meaning to . . . I actually was going to make some this morning, or that was the plan yesterday, but I totally spaced it and ran out of time. I already have about 12 eggs hardboiled right now, so I'll definitely make them tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaitSith
Stats: 000/000/000
Hello wishbone!

Just poppin' to introduce myself! I LoL'ed reading your adventures as a bar owner! What an interesting job! ..oh and the scotch eggs...I was gonna google it until you provided an explanation. Next week, I am going to make myself a whole batch of 'em. Yum-O! thanks for the ideas and inspirations!
CaitSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Cait - most times it is a lot of fun...but, boy, there are days......

ok..gotta get goin...ran out of lettuce last night and have to swing into walmart for about 12 heads at least...they are the only/closest place open today...can't wait to see the price/head...it is outrageous right now even from my suppliers...

dh wants MEAT today for supper... rib eyes ? or flat irons ? I like to wrap bacon around the flat irons and grill them....but it sure is hard to argue with a ribeye
Old 12-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #46

Hope you're having a great lowcarb day, Jan!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

...so...ribeyes won the coin toss today...along with some fresh zucchini strips and some green beans...

just got done prepping 28 one minute muffins....is anyone a fan of these??? I love them with almond flour...but the golden flax is better for the carb count and not to mention $$ friendly...
what i do is...measure all the dry ingrediants (1/4 c golden flax, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and 1 splenda pak) into glad-lock snac/pacs. seal them all up and keep in 1 master freezer bag in the freezer.
then all i have to do is spray the cup/bowl, melt the marg or the coco. oil. (watever i'm in the mood for) dump in the pac and toss in the micro. If you simply just stick to the basics....you can tweek as you make them.

I really like doing it this way...sometimes TIME IS SO VALUABLE!!! If i can do this in 15 min...i figure the time that i save by not having to drag everything out of the cupboard everytime dh or i want something "bready" is worth it!!

ok...as i've been posting the menu has changed...ribeyes with scrambled eggs, toasted omm's, and i still have to have those zucc. strips. i don't know if i'm craving those or the blue cheese dressing i'm gonna dunkem in
Old 12-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

..dinner was fab!! med.rare ribeye with mushrooms on top...scrambled eggs with onions and more mushrooms, a omm with some cinnamon sprinkled in...yummy...
rode about 3 miles and had to get off...to tired i guess...
Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

well...my right arm got herself snowed in down be des moines somewhere...crap, it's gonna be a long day....

i did start out constructively...rode 5 miles....gonna grab some scotch eggs and head off to work..
Old 12-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #50

Jan, I made me some scotch eggs last night . I'll be having one with my quiche here shortly.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

your pic looks YUMMY!!!

i had 2 scotch eggs for breakfast
a small lettuce salad w/grated cheese on top. 1 hard boiled egg, and blue chz dressing for lunch

gonna have the rest of the steak that i didn't finish last night for supper tonight. i will put some sauted onions and mushrooms on top (and probly some cheese) and some zucc. sticks. if i can't eat all of my stk, i always try to save the rarest part of it so that i can enjoy it AGAIN without my teeth flying out of my mouth!

snowing here...calling for 5 -10 in tonight/tom. now...there's a safe forcast...
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #52

enjoy your steak!

Be careful out there! I hate driving in the snow.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

..supper done...gonna go to the basement...bike or treadmill??
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #54

treadmill . . .

Oh, was that a rhetorical question?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

well...it just keeps SNOWIN AND SNOWIN !!!!
calling for some high winds tonight and tomorrow....if that's the case i am not sure if we will even open up....we've only done that 1x in over 12 years of having the bar....
Old 12-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

I started this journal really BACKWARDS!! Some of you that have dropped by have picked up on the fact that dh and i own a bar. we've had it since aug of 1997. it's really all i've ever done...since i was 18...and now i'm 51, close to 52(that's a whole "nother" story i will try to remember to get back to).

i started fry cooking when i was 14 yrs old...fast food...and just about every bar that i've worked in has had a kitchen. so...my menu at the bar is a lot of things that i have learned along the way. feel free to go to my web site and click on the menu....i wrote it myself....and a company did the design work. believe me....it is NOT easy eating the things that i serve. especially the soup!!! I have quite a reputation in town for my soups. not a single recipee is written down....so, there are times that nothing tastes the same way twice

the bar has been a dream and a nightmare...we truly feel that bar runs our lives 365/year. fact. but, in the same breath....we truly have had the time of our lives with the place. A lot of trials...a lot of heartache at times...and a lot of true friends have been made.

dh and i ride motorcycles. we own harley davidsons. i started riding my own in 2003/4. i took the course at the community college...well worth it! we just wish we had more time to enjoy the road (wishbones ride...get it?) just saying there a lot of journeys/rides in ones lifetime. some uphill...some down...and some are just coasting along with the clutch pulled in...

my weight loss battle has been a lot like that...uphill/downhill/coasting along...i have done it all. tops, weight watchers, the great cabbage diet and a lot of others! i have been low carb tho for the last 8 years. and that also has been a uphill/downhill battle.

i know it works. my diabetes stays under controll with diet alone. i have a "condition" called familial pemphigus. also called haileys-haileys. it is a
skin thing" that i have inherited from my dad's side. And it responds much better if i stay low carb. for that reason ALONE...this woe is the best for me.

anyway...i am ashamed of myself that i have allowed pounds to creep back on. but i also know myself...i will get this back off again...after all...NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS. next summer..i want to ride skinny in the wind...wear my chaps without the extension i had to have made...i want to be the thin girl on the fat boy.

JAN
Old 12-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

...ok, now the "nother" story... about 2 years ago...i was doing dishes in the kitchen at home...dh come up behind me and said..."honey, you are really looking good"...."i think that we should go to sturges this year" (as in the summer coming up, to the rally, riding my own bike)

I am not a big sturges rally fan...to many people for me...but i laughed and said..."ok..as long as i don't have to show my 's.....he laughs and says ..."well honey..how old are you?" i don't miss a beat and say 47.

he shakes himself..cuz he knows how old he is..and how much older than me he is...and says "well, what year were you born?" I automatically say 1958..and the math kicks in!!! not only did i miss out on being 48...i missed most of being 49 also. I REALLY BELIEVED WHAT I WAS SAYING!!! Of course that's been 1 of the "highlights" of the bar stories.

JAN
Old 12-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
i am ashamed of myself that i have allowed pounds to creep back on. but i also know myself...i will get this back off again...after all...NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS. next summer..i want to ride skinny in the wind...wear my chaps without the extension i had to have made...i want to be the thin girl on the fat boy.
JAN
Go Jan GoGo Jan Go!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

it is NOT pretty outside....not sure if we will open today...the bad thing, the crews that are working need someplace to eat...so i suppose if i can get at least 1 person in...i'll do the cooking...we have 4wd so i guess there won't be a day off...

how bout that biggest loser last night??? Danny looked TERRIFFIC!!! he GLOWED!!! the rebecca and daniel thing must have broken up...i did not see her even acknowledge him..(i thought she looked trashy). And the live proposal.....she'll never forget that !!!
i walked on the treadmill for the 1st 1/2 our of the show...then flopped in a recliner for the rest...last year...I'd do the treadmill for the ENTIRE SHOW! man..i got a long ways to go!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #60

You'll get there sweetie. You'll get there.