LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipoo View Post
Good lord, I don't know how you can cook like that and not want to eat it!!!!

Last day of loading for me but I could eat everything you described for sure!

Looking forward to your results Jan!

p.s. who is this Marie that you get the recipes from?

Cheryl
Can't post the link here...I think it's cuz she sells her own products. But if you google Maria's nutritional consulting you'll find her blog
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

163.8 this morning. I don't know what I'm doing right....but I'll take it!!!
3.8 pounds to goal. I would like to be about 5 pounds below goal on a consistant basis. So....that makes it 155 as the big number.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipoo
Stats: 198/174.8/132
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Nov 12/May 14

Totally awesome Jan!

Kudos to your hard work!

shipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:44 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

well the gain finally came....164 this morning. It's only .2 up so I can deal with that.

wow...lotta work today...gotta get going
Old 11-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

ok...so tonight...I have made 3 batches of Barbo's Low carb candied Nuts. They are cooling now. I had to make so many...a good good friend will be getting some of these tomorrow night as a gift.

I am putting together a cheese ball/log also. Have it sitting on top of the stove, gathering a little oven heat, so I can stir it up easier. Every time I make one of these it's different.

This time I used 2 blockes of cream cheese
about 1/3 c. crumbled cooked bacon
about 5 baby carrots, grated
about 1/4 c minced celery
about 3 T dry onion (a mixture of white and green)
some garlic powder
some Italian seasoning that you grind like pepper
about 1/2 c grated chedder
and I think I'll roll it in some Ranch flavored salad almond topper

That will all for tonight.....gonna go read when it's done.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gawd....you are killing me! I am on VLCD 2!

:h yst:
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh my gawd....you are killing me! I am on VLCD 2!

:h yst:
how much did you gain loading? I am the QUEEN at loading !!! This last round I gained over 10 pounds in 2 days. And lost 11 pounds in the next 2 days !!!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

this morning was 164 on the scale. Stayed the same. Thanksgiving coming and I plan to eat CLEAN until then.

Last night I also made some bbq sauce. Beebs had posted it in the recipee thread. Tasted it this morning....I am impressed.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
how much did you gain loading? I am the QUEEN at loading !!! This last round I gained over 10 pounds in 2 days. And lost 11 pounds in the next 2 days !!!
You know what - I didn't gain any weight loading. I stayed the same but really I had been "loading" for about a month My next round I will probably will gain when I load. I am starting my third day of VLCD and down 4.8 pounds this morning! You are right! Let the losing being!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
this morning was 164 on the scale. Stayed the same. Thanksgiving coming and I plan to eat CLEAN until then.

Last night I also made some bbq sauce. Beebs had posted it in the recipee thread. Tasted it this morning....I am impressed.
Jan are you still on the juice?
Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jan are you still on the juice?
Yes I am....kinda doing it "strict protocol" fashion....but I am now on day #45 of my 3rd round. Now, that is not saying that I havn't eaten off plan a few times. I have. But, I juiced the entire time. I'm kinds experimenting this time.
When I say the "strict protocol", I mean that most days, I am on plan and planning to be on plan. The few days that I ate off plan, I knew that I was going to. I planned to eat off plan. But, I was NOT ready to move on to the next phase. I am so close to goal that I just could'nt see doing that. So....I will gain a tad over Thankgiving I suppose. But, at least the drops will stop me from OVEREATING. I hope......
Old 11-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

I am not sure what I am going to do but I can't see myself going longer than 30 days on VLC as I would find it boring. I want to move into Phase 3 for Christmas and then start again in the New Year on Phase 2.

I do notice the drops do keep your appetite down so hopefully you can maintain over Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know why...had a .4 gain this morning. I am truly eating clean. Not even "sampling" as I cook. It might be lack of sleep. I have found that to be VERY important for me. So...will not sweat it.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

it's been a very long day...

But, I have gotten quite a bit done. All I really have to do tomorrow is stuff the bird and set the table. Dh and I start the day with a grazing kind of attitude. He will have smokies...(and he LIKES that new sauce I made). I will have egg/jap appetisers I made from Linda's site.
We will have a cheese ball...low carb stuff in it of course. I baked crackers from some Josephs Lavish Bread. That will help to keep me on track.

I made some of Lindas cole slaw, and a cold broccoli salad. I also made Dotties Green Bean Casserole.

I made some low carb corn bread dressing (from Maries site). And only 1/2 of the recipee.

I wrapped dried beef and cream cheese around Clausen pickles.

I cooked one bag of cranberries in some orange davinci syrup, addes some chopped red onions and some chopped japs. SWEET AND HEAT!!!

I made some low carb blueberry muffins and butter biscuits.

I made some low carb candied nuts.

I made a peanut bitter cream cheese kind of pie. Only 1/2 of the recipee though.

I baked sweet potatoes last night and when they were cool enough to pick up...I put them in a bowl with splenda brown sugar on top, davinci caramel, and butter....beat them with the mixer.

Tomorrow, I will put the sweet potatoes in a small crock pot. And the same for the green bean casserole. That way....I won't be fighting for the microwave and the oven shelves.

I made the traditional sage bread stuffing for the bird tonight. That will all come out hot out of the oven....so, the only thing I will have to micro is a serving of the corn bread stuffing.

And finally....the gravy. The last few years I have taken bacon strips and shoved them up under the breast skin and on top of the actual breast meat. WOW!!! Does that do the job of keeping your brest mat moist. AND THE DRIPPINGS MAKE THE BEST GRAVY!!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Oh my! Oh My! It sounds DELICIOUS......

Thank gawd we already had our Canadian Thanksgiving in October and I won't be tempted until Christmas.

Your menu is awesome Jan! Have a wonderful lowcarb Thanksgiving!

Cheryl - down 6 pounds on VLCD 4!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Cheryl - down 6 pounds on VLCD 4!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

I am really glad that thankgiving is past.

I ate yesterday. Could I have made better choices? Probably. Would I change anything that I did ? Some things. Why would a person eat something that flavor wise....was not "good". I mean, I have made a lot of things low carb...some were exceptional...some were forgettable...
Why would yesterday be the exception?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jan - that's how I got into the weight situation I am in! Eating stuff that wasn't flavour wise!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Finally getting back on track.
This mornings weight was 162.4. I've had steady losses since Thursday. Small ones untill this morning. Yesterdays weight waas 166.2. SO.......not going to expect much tomorrow morning.

I have been eating some shrimp the last few days. Maybe that has helped. Sometimes I tend to get in a BIG RUT and eat the SAME THING for way to long. But, it's easy that way.

I also think that I have been not spacing my fruit enough hours apart. I guess I did not realize until yesterday that I waas doing that. So....we'll try that also.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Wow you are getting so close to your original goal!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Wow you are getting so close to your original goal!
Thanks Cheryl !!!

How is it going for you so far ????

This mornings weight was 160.4.

I want to finish up this bottle of drops and see where the scale takes me. I only have a few days left, by looking at the bottle, so we shall see what happens.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Holy flip Jan....you sure do know how to lose! I am a very slow loser, since starting VLCD 11 days now I have lost 7.6 pounds. Averages out about .69 a day. But I am plugging along here and doing much better as far as hunger than last week. Last week I was literally starving! I had to up my protein by an ounce in the morning as I was having some severe hypoglycemia issues with not eating until lunch.

Soon now you will be in the 150's! You must be fitting into all your clothes. I have a bag that is labelled that I put away as I had gained so much weight I couldn't get into them. I am anxious for probably January when I can go through it and try some on!

Keep up the awesome work
Old 12-02-2010, 05:43 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Holy flip Jan....you sure do know how to lose! I am a very slow loser, since starting VLCD 11 days now I have lost 7.6 pounds. Averages out about .69 a day. But I am plugging along here and doing much better as far as hunger than last week. Last week I was literally starving! I had to up my protein by an ounce in the morning as I was having some severe hypoglycemia issues with not eating until lunch.

Soon now you will be in the 150's! You must be fitting into all your clothes. I have a bag that is labelled that I put away as I had gained so much weight I couldn't get into them. I am anxious for probably January when I can go through it and try some on!

Keep up the awesome work
You are doing GREAT !!! Hang in there !!!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

This mornings weight was 160.2. I slept like crap last night....hope I do better tonight.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

I don't know how you lose like you do! I still am at the same weight for the last three days. I better get a whoosh soon as I find this the most boring diet I have ever been on. Doesn't help that I like to cook like you! And I love trying new low carb meals.

Didn't sleep well last night either, hoping tonight is better.

At least you dropped .2! Every little bit helps.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl - I also find it boring ...BUT...there is a lot to said about knowing EXACTLY what you will eat every day. If you can turn that ENTIRELY MONOTONOUS DEPRESSING THOUGHT around to work in your favor.... ... you can kick this weight loss thing into high speed !!! I swear...I saved on groceries, spoilage, you name it. And...I really planned ahead. If I made the chili...I made it like at work. IN MASSIVE AMOUNTS. And then froze it in servings. EASY-PEASY. Dh thought I was losing it....weighing all my little freezer bowls so I got exactly the right number of portions, and exactly the same weight in each bowl.

I have found that I cannot do without the walden farms products. Are they available in your area? Even when I am not dosing...I use them.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

wow...what a day.
I have started a new "loyalty" program at the bar. Really neat. For every dollar that a customer spends, he is rewarded with a point. We track the points...and send out e-mail notifications of rewards. More dollars- more points. My menu designer set us up with it. Works just like swiping a credit card. The hardest part is getting the staff behind it. I have personally sworn to physical harm if I hear them "dropping" the ball on this program.
We can only do so much. We can only supply/furnish so much atmosphere. The beer is just as cold down the street at the next bar. This is what I tell the staff. We have to give them a reason to WANT to come here.
A good time = more/repeat customers = better sales = better tips !!!! Now...the tip part is want they understand. But they would be content with 10 tables...leaving a 10 dollar tip each. I want 50 tables leaving a 2 dollar tip....(well, may be a TAD more...lol) but the
point is...people = means = people. The more people...the better time/fun everyone has. It is always better to be FULL than 1/2 FULL.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

I have found that I cannot do without the walden farms products. Are they available in your area? Even when I am not dosing...I use them.[/QUOTE]

They used to be available at a grocery chain called metro, but I can't find them anymore. I will have to make a trip to the low carb grocery store north Toronto to find them! Or else I can do what I always do.....order online

You are right though Jan even though it is boring it saves on groceries. I did up a double batch of p2 chili last night and DH comes up while I am bagging it individually to freeze. He wanted a bowl and fell in love with it. That will make it easier for me to cook.....the man does not follow low carb.....he drinks 8 Pepsi a day!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
wow...what a day.
I have started a new "loyalty" program at the bar. Really neat. For every dollar that a customer spends, he is rewarded with a point. We track the points...and send out e-mail notifications of rewards. More dollars- more points. My menu designer set us up with it. Works just like swiping a credit card. The hardest part is getting the staff behind it. I have personally sworn to physical harm if I hear them "dropping" the ball on this program.
We can only do so much. We can only supply/furnish so much atmosphere. The beer is just as cold down the street at the next bar. This is what I tell the staff. We have to give them a reason to WANT to come here.
A good time = more/repeat customers = better sales = better tips !!!! Now...the tip part is want they understand. But they would be content with 10 tables...leaving a 10 dollar tip each. I want 50 tables leaving a 2 dollar tip....(well, may be a TAD more...lol) but the
point is...people = means = people. The more people...the better time/fun everyone has. It is always better to be FULL than 1/2 FULL.
Hey if I lived closer I would come for a vodka and diet Pepsi!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!