Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 05:00 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Back in leeway this morning...YES!!! 180.2 on the scale this morning. Amazing how that steak day works. Bad thing tho, you really do have to take it easy the DAY AFTER steak day also, or it creeps right back on. So, just thinking about what I will have today on the menu. A salad? Maybe...But just some good old P2 style eating is probly the best thing. I think I read somewhere that Dawn posted that. Seems to work the best after steak day.

I always wonder WHO stops in at my place. LOL...I mean this place. When I post, I see that there have been some steady, every day "views". I know that Shipoo (sp?) does . and Tempted By Food does , ....so anyway, here's a BIG to everyone else that does. I lurk in a lot of journals also. Just passing time, reading posts, absorbing tips, AND THAT IS PRETTY IMPORTANT, and I love to read the different lifestyles that people lead. Whether it's WOE or work/life decisions. I love the titles of peoples journals also. Sometimes that alone tells it all.
My current favorite title is.....Wine About It. I LOVE THAT. Of course, being a BAR owner, i would. That is what drew me in that one in the first place.

I hope I do not offend anyone with this....I truly do not mean to.

Well....gotta consider getting ready for work. That is CONSIDER. I would really much rather stay here and play all day.

JAN
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 07:24 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MistyLoo
Stats: 148.6/121/125
WOE: hhcg 7/12/10
Start Date: Aug. 2002
Ya caught me. I always read your posts, you live a most interesting life. I owned a bar for about 10 years but I don't think I ever had as much fun as you do!

I have been following your progress with the hhcg for a while now. You have really, really done good. I'm rooting you on all the way.
MistyLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #423
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Yup I love to read and see what everyone is up too!! Oh new hair good for you us woman we deserve a treat, every now and then I cant believe you have never had a pro do it before, got to love great big juicy steak days Happy Friday!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyLoo View Post
Ya caught me. I always read your posts, you live a most interesting life. I owned a bar for about 10 years but I don't think I ever had as much fun as you do!

I have been following your progress with the hhcg for a while now. You have really, really done good. I'm rooting you on all the way.
I LOVE THAT AVI!!! Every time I see it I

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Yup I love to read and see what everyone is up too!! Oh new hair good for you us woman we deserve a treat, every now and then I cant believe you have never had a pro do it before, got to love great big juicy steak days Happy Friday!
Funny thing about "new hair"...I can NEVER get it to look like it does when I leave the shop....well, almost never....LOL
Old 09-25-2010, 03:21 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

up early today....got the Hawkeye game and a big poker run at the bar. I don't know what to expect for the numbers in the poker run...most people wait to see what the weather will be befor they commit to it.
But...I shall start cooking hamburger this morning to make loosemeat. 40 pounds oughta do it.

weight this morning was 180.6 I'll take it. Can't wait to start another round of this hhcg. I want to wrap this up, but we still want to do some "stuff". It's to hard to do things with dh and do the whole P2 thing. so I'll wait till the weather turns bad, then start.

coffee is getting cold, and gotta check out facebook befor I hit the shower...later
Old 09-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Down .2 this morning....I have no idea how that happened!!! 180.4 this morning. And I even had a REAL hamburger bun yesterday and about 5 handfulls of chex mix. Not to mention the Bacardi/waters w/lemon. LOL
Probly will catch up with me tomorrow.

Dh and I are trying to figure out what to do with ourselves today. I'm thinking a trip to Omaha is in order. The long way down. Just a road trip...no shopping needed.

The Poker Run yesterday was a huge success!!! The weather was HORRIBLE to start the day. Dh and I were betting that they would'nt get more than 15 riders. BUT....they kept trickling in...and by 1:00...the sun was out...and they had 75+ signed up. I had loosemeats, baked beans, augratin potatoes, chili, coleslaw, and potato salad to feed the masses when they returned. That was my contribution to the cause. And the Legion Riders that were running it all brought desserts....wow...my servers were DROOLING and were allowed to plate some up at the end. They were ECSTATIC!!!! But, I just had another Bacardi instead
Old 09-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

pretty good day today. we started to go out on the motorcycle (i just got on back) and went up to vermillion and had an early lunch. sandwich and shared a salad. Boy...it was CHILLY!!! went back home. had to go over to the bar and light the water heater. dang thing is only 2 months old...gotta call someone tomorrow.
stayed home the rest of the day. i fried up a pan of zuchinni....hav'nt had that in eons!!! then I went downstairs and rode the exersize bike for 30 min and did 10 min on the treadmill at 3.5 mph and a 4% incline. just got pooped after that and ran a hot bath. now, i am enjoying a refreshing drink on ice. i love to splash razz, banana, and pineapple davinci in a tall glass with ice, add some lemon juice and top off with tap water. LOVE IT!!!

we are gonna ride tomorrow...weather is going to be a lot warmer. hope the scale is good to me in the morning. i want to have dinner at ruby tuesdays.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

so...this morning brings me up about 1/2 pound. this mornings weight was 180.8. It's still 1 pound within leeway , but it's 1 pound over my LDW. So....is the glass half full or is it half empty??

going in to settle up some bookwork...then go riding with hubby while the weather is nice.

JAN
Old 09-28-2010, 04:51 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

uuuggghhhh!!!!..... Another steak day today.....
when will I learn????
could it have been the pound of bacon i ate last night? well, it might not have been a pound, but it was a lot. I had a grilled chicken sandwich on oopsie bread with bacon on it also. AND a plate of bacon on the side. If you have never cooked it in the oven...you gotta do it!!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #430
Big Yapper!!!!

Dont feel alone am doing a steak day too
Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Steak day was good...2 pounds lost. So now, I am .2 over my LDW.
It might have been more of a loss, but I slept like crap....and got up at 3:45 this morning and was at work by 4. We had new cabinets and counter top put in behind the bar. So....had to go in for that. AND make the refried beans/rice for the mexican platters today.

Now....we are headed to Omaha for the day. I want to go to Whole Foods for sure. That is the closest one to us. Maybe lunch at Ruby Tuesdays
Old 09-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

today was awesome.
Dh and I went to Omaha for lunch at ruby tuesdays. We always have the same thing. Ruby minis and the salad bar. I always order "no buns, no catsup, and brocolli instead of fries and melted butter". I get a 1/2 plate of lettuce topped with red onions, bacon, ham bits, hard boiled eggs, and grated chedder cheese. Tons of zuchinni strips and a whole lot of blue cheese dressing.

Then we went down to old market and walked a bit. THEN...I saw the ice cream place. I can't remember the name of the shop, but it was like a cold stone creamery. I had a SMALL dish of something totally CHOCOLATE and dh had a hot fudge thingy with a lot of nuts. IT WAS GREAT!!! I told myself ... no guilt ... it's plenty early in the day and I will exersize when I get home.

I rode 2 times on the bike tonight. 30 min sets...5 miles each time. My bike said that I burned about 420 cals total. I'm not sure if it was enough...but I don't care if I have to do another steak day tomorrow or not. The feeling of being normal was wonderful. I mean, I took the steps when I got home to lessen the impact, and tomorrow I will be ready to take the action necessary if I have to.

Dh already packed it in and went to bed. We have been up an awfully long time as it is. It's 8:30 here and I got up befor 4 this morning. So...it won't be long for me either.

Think I will go and check the bar's FB page and call it a night.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alasse'
Stats: 286/271/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 12, 2010
Congratulations on feeling normal. I know exactly what you mean and can't wait for the day I can feel it.
alasse' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

holy moly!!! I lost a pound!!! 179 this morning....and I even ate a couple pieces of string cheese, a grapefruit, and a avocado befor bed last night.
I guess I better be careful today tho...

So...going in to put the roast in the pressure cooker for lunch today. Hot Beef Sandwiches. We are going riding again today WOOHOO!!!

I feel like I've been on vacation all week long but, tomorrow that all comes crashing to a halt. My "right arm" girl is going out of town tonight and will not be back until sunday night. So.....lots of books for me to do and all kinds of errands and loose ends. Gotta cook every day....she's been covering me the last few days.

So...I wonder which direction we will head to today.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasse' View Post
Congratulations on feeling normal. I know exactly what you mean and can't wait for the day I can feel it.
You will get there!!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #436
Big Yapper!!!!

It is a great feeling being normal and eating what you want within reason knowing you can correct it right away and be back down, the FREEDOM is PRICELESS
Old 10-01-2010, 05:24 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

this morning I weighed in at 179.4 up a little, but still below LDW.

Got a ton of work to do this morning....so catch everyone later....

JAN
Old 10-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

ok....I must be losing it....this morning I saw a thread somewhere ....about "WHY" you call yourself what you call yourself. Like....wishbone.

Did anyone else see it? Sometimes, the admins will "move" a thread to the appropriate place....but I do not even see the "this thread has been moved" thingy.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #439
Big Yapper!!!!

I posted on that thread lastnight, I guess the mods deleted it, because its gone from my subscribed threads now too
Old 10-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
I posted on that thread lastnight, I guess the mods deleted it, because its gone from my subscribed threads now too
hmmm....wonder what the tos violation was with that?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

I don't understand the scale the last few days...it's kinda all over the place. This morning was 180 even....I'll absolutely take it tho!!! I really thought that today would be a steak day. I even told dh when he left the house this morning to come back with some. Will probly fire up the grill then anyway, it'll be nice to have a salad with the steak tho

So....I'm thinkin it will be kinda a putz around the house kinda day. I've already got 3 loads of laundry done and the top of the house vacuumed. I need to change the bedding....but the cat is giving me the "LOOK", so I'll let hime sleep for another hour....then he gets tossed off the bed.
I'm thinking about getting the flannel sheets out....got down to 32 degrees last night. Hope my plants at the bar survived.

Well....I wish I had some hwc in the frig...that would make a PERFECT day....and I really do not want to go to the store.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

well...he forgot to bring the steak home...so, it's a good thing that I ABSOLUTELY did'nt have to do a steak day.
Dinner ended up being scrambled eggs, fried radishes, and sausage links. In the eggs, I added some sauted onions, mushrooms, and I had some leftover cooked carrots in the frig. Diced them up, about 1/2 c total, and threw them in the pan also. VERY GOOD!!!

So...I just read on FB that my "right arm" is having car trouble. Hope she makes it home tonight.

JAN
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

now...I really do not get it!!! The scale this morning was 178.8 (or .2) I can't remember!!! LOL WHASSUP!!!! A loss is a loss...and I am very happy with it...just don't quite understand it....

YES!!! Today I scored 3 tickets to the womens night out thingy. Usually they are sold out. They hold it for 2 nights at the convention center. Lotsa vendors, dinner, and drawings for gift baskets. Last year I won one of the BIG prizes. Hope I can do it again!! I am taking my bestie and my right arm at work. Gonna get out the DRESSY clothes for this!!! Wow....something besides jeans and a t-shirt. Nobody will recognise me...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

the scale this morning was 178 even. that's .8 down from yesterday. (that was the correct #). So....this morning I had a big bowl of strawberries befor I left the house. And about 3 cups of coffee w/hwc. YUMM!!!
Went to walmart and picked up some 93/7 ground turkey, some fire roasted tomatoes w/garlic, and some beef broth. Made 24 portions of P2 chili. I am ready. I brought home 10 servings and threw them in the freezer.
I have a gal that comes into lunch that started the diet. I fix her lunch every day...but she is getting pretty tired of grilled chicken and sliced tomatoes. So, today I served her a "cup" of the soup and strawberry sorbet. OMG!!! She was in heaven. I am so glad I found that sorbert recipee...thanks Chantyl...that thing has been an absolute lifesaver!!! Something so yummy to look forward to...keeps the motivation going and the focus on the prize.

JAN
Old 10-07-2010, 05:13 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

had to do a steak day yesterday...all that scale goofiness turned into a green light to indulge...dang it. But the scale this morning was back in line. 180.4

Tonight is a big "Womwns Night Out Event" here in town. I have gone to it the last 2 years. Nice event. Went shopping yesterday for new dress slacks to wear. I tried on a pair of size 12's and fell in love with the cut of the pants. So..I tried on a size 10. YES!!!! They are a little ...snug...but still totally wearable. AND since I will being starting my last round this weekend...that's the pair I bought. I love these so much...that I would even invest in a tailor for alterations if I had to.

JAN
Old 10-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #446
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the 10's wow a last round that's you at goal then how exciting!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

just went thru a marketing meeting on-line...very interesting...all about building customer loyalty. I am definately on board with that.

So....waiting for the boys to leave so can I can get ready for tonight. Dh has them over here cleaning windows. YESS!!!!! We got a LOT of windows. 10 on the front porch alone...not including the door.
They even did the ones in the attic.

So...found out the menu for tonights dinner. I guess it's some kind of salad with fruit attached to it ....a mixture of squash for the vegetable, (I know I'm gonna love that)...a chicken breast with a sauce over it. My bookkeeper went last night. She said the sauce tasted like it had an amaretto base and the chicken had BREADING on it. Now....I gotta ask...why would they use a breaded product. There will be at least 2000 people that will be attending this event between both last night and tonight. But she said that she scooped some of the sauce off (there was WAY to much on it) and peeled some of the breading off. AND ...then there is dessert. A chocolate mousse affair with cookie crumbs on the bottom and some chocolate things sticking out of the top. Each table will have a complimentary bottle of champagne. This event is celebrating there 10 th year tonight. IT SHALL BE A FUN TIME!!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Ok so made the decision to start R3P2 today. starting at 182.8. I am 1 pound out of leeway anyway, and I really do not want to do a steak day today just to start back on the round tomorrow. does not make much sense to me.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

so far today it has been a real food fest

For breakfast , I stopped at the gas station and picked up a breakfast sandwich. Sausage, egg, on a biscuit. When I got to the bar, I put a slice on cheese on it and some chipotle mayo.

Then an hour later, I had a big bowl of refried beans, with cheese melted on top, salsa and sour cream on top of that, with a basket of corn tortilla chips. The beans were leftover from wednesday, mexican platter day. HEY!!! Someone had to eat them!!!

For lunch, I had a roast beef sandwich on marble rye, mayo, tomato, lettuce, cheese. AND a whole box of chocolate pudding, made 1.5 cups of hwc and .5 cup of water. I ATE THE WHOLE DANG BOWL!!!

Gonna sit back and watch tv for awhile, or read, or catch up on posts, etc. Either way, I have to be back at the bar by 6:00. Tonight is the fish fry. I'll probly have some of that for supper....

hmmm....I LOVE LOADING THE FIRST DAY....tomorrow I'll feel like
Old 10-09-2010, 05:17 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
so far today it has been a real food fest

For breakfast , I stopped at the gas station and picked up a breakfast sandwich. Sausage, egg, on a biscuit. When I got to the bar, I put a slice on cheese on it and some chipotle mayo.

Then an hour later, I had a big bowl of refried beans, with cheese melted on top, salsa and sour cream on top of that, with a basket of corn tortilla chips. The beans were leftover from wednesday, mexican platter day. HEY!!! Someone had to eat them!!!

For lunch, I had a roast beef sandwich on marble rye, mayo, tomato, lettuce, cheese. AND a whole box of chocolate pudding, made 1.5 cups of hwc and .5 cup of water. I ATE THE WHOLE DANG BOWL!!!

Gonna sit back and watch tv for awhile, or read, or catch up on posts, etc. Either way, I have to be back at the bar by 6:00. Tonight is the fish fry. I'll probly have some of that for supper....

hmmm....I LOVE LOADING THE FIRST DAY....tomorrow I'll feel like

This is me today....the food fest continued yesterday with a pizza burger and cheeseballs for supper (we ran out of fish at work)
On the way to work, I had a piece of chocolate cake from wallmmart and some ice cream dots.
Befor I went to bed, I had 2 slices of cheesecake and 4 of those teeny servings of icecream (individual thingys)
so...I really do feel a little green today.
I should....the scale read 189.4 this morning. I LOAD SO WELL. LOL